3.5

1. Jul 27, 2020
    This game is a very mixed feeling. Yes, it is gorgeous, and the world multiplayer is something very new and carries a lot of nice social massage. But it is annoying to play for me. It is very slow-paced and a bit tricky to follow. My recommendation if you don't have a free 100 hours to spend just relaxing and walking in quite an empty open world, save your time, and watch an excellentThis game is a very mixed feeling. Yes, it is gorgeous, and the world multiplayer is something very new and carries a lot of nice social massage. But it is annoying to play for me. It is very slow-paced and a bit tricky to follow. My recommendation if you don't have a free 100 hours to spend just relaxing and walking in quite an empty open world, save your time, and watch an excellent compilation of story cinematics on YouTube. The story worth it, but I can see why Hideo should go to film now. And yes - Кодзима Гений! Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2020
    Amazing graphics and scenery but the story can be tired and monotonous at times.
  3. Jul 20, 2020
    5 maximum for it. ppl who score it 10, u really think that this game is perfect?really?omg, whats wrong this u?
  4. Jul 16, 2020
    It is good to see a game with so many refreshing mechanics and experiences. Let take a look to the game:

Graphics: What can I say, they are amazing, the 3D engine provided by Guerrilla is one of the most advanced one, performing excellently moving big maps. The details are impressive and the face expressions are close to real life. The technology behind is one of its strongest points.

Sound: The environment effects are created nicely and they sound like they must, nothing revolutionary but doing a good job. The voices of characters are nicely recorded and match with the face expressions. The music does ok with good and chill themes around that appear under pressure. Nothing to complain.

Game play: Well, I liked it a lot, but I can understand that this is not a game for everyone. Do not be fooled, this is a walking simulator and it has all the good and the bad of these types of games. You will expend hours trying to reach a point with no interaction with any living form apart form the protagonist. It is a game that you will enjoy if you like to child out and enjoy the journey with some punctual combat moments. The combat, on the other hand, feels simple and out of options.

Story: Remember this is a Kojima game, so you shall expect a lot of confusion during the game, with a lot of second meanings and unconcluded elements. After finishing the game, you would probably try to find an explanation of the ending in Internet. For me the story could be better as it is a complex and slow-paced apocalyptic tale told by NPCs through large cinematics. Am I the only one that miss simpler stories as MGS the twin Snakes or MGS 3 Snake eater?

Online: The online system is something similar to Dark Soul; you cannot summon other players but players support each other building elements that other players can use to make the journey easier.

Performance: The game run smoothly in pcs that are 4 years old. The engine is really optimized and it look amazing, but this game has a DRM that slows the game close to 20%: Denuvo. This evil DRM affect deeply the performance of the game and I am not really up to install this kind of programs that fill your computer with trash and undeleted element in the pc.

Good things:
    - Technology behind the game is awesome
    - Refreshing game play
    - First line actors
    - Original online system
    - Music is ok

Bad things
    - DENUVO for god shake
    - Not a game for everyone
    - Combat system can be better
    - The story can be confusing, again not for everyone

I would give this game an 8.5 points, but the Denuvo DRM is an evil that must be destroyed in the pc industry. Sadly, I must give this game less points. Unfortunately, I bought the game before I knew this game has Denuvo.
  5. Jul 19, 2020
    It’s a very.... specific game, it’s really slow and beautiful, but, for me, it wasn’t worthy, it’s not my gane
  6. Jul 27, 2020
    How do you rate a game that has rather terrible gameplay in terms of the only challenge being that it's rather annoying to deliver packages? Literally, the only challenge is the endless sea of stones scattered throughout the map.

However, the story or rather the mythology is well developed. The delivery though, the ending that explains everything literally takes 3 hours consisting of 2.5 hours of cutscenes.
    You literally just finished the game and it just won't stop ending...
    At least all questions are answered, no loose endings ala "ah you gotta have to interpret that yourself".

The concept of the game isn't so bad - deliver packages, reconnect the people.
    The people just aren't interesting, so there's no point in doing side quests to get to know them better or anything.

So my advise here really is: just do the main objectives, you'll do more deliveries than you wanted to anyway.
    And once you get a vehicle you'll hate the stones even more... the vehicle physics are so bad, you'd think this is some indie dev game. It's laughable.
    Do yourself a favor and, even though it's really hard, don't go near stones in the water - you'll get your vehicle stuck. Definitely.
    And the battery life on vehicles is... just astoundingly bad.

The physics when carrying packages though makes absolute sense. How you gotta counter the weight by leaning left/right or stopping from falling is perfect.
    Climbing looks like ass though and is unpredictable.

If they made driving in the least interesting, sort of like Mud Runner, it could have been a good game.
    This however, is a rich story packaged in a bad game.

Combat is... absolutely laughable. No challenge here, bossfights are boring as fk.
    The only time it's challenging is when you gotta deliver a package for your last mission and you get a bossfight... and you fall over with the package and it gets broken - which it will... 2 hits/falling and it's a goner.

I really just can't comprehend how you can put so much work into a game and ruin it with horrible gameplay where the core of it just isn't in any way satisfying. It's such a shame.

Bottom line - can't recommend it.
  7. Jul 16, 2020
    sooo boooring. not engaging story, long walking without any significant purpose, so long clips that you cannot stop or skip. not worth the time nor money.
  8. Jul 19, 2020
    این بازی یک بازی بسیار متوسط که بدون هیچ نقطه aخوب باعث میشه که یک افتضاح و بدترین بازی تریپل سونی در این نسل به شمار میره
  9. Jul 15, 2020
    I enjoyed the fact hideo tried an entry of something completely different. Music was fantastic, visuals excellent but unfortunately the actual gameplay fell flat for me. Many peoe will enjoy the traversal, but me personally found it boring and to repetitive to invest more of my time. I rated it 5/10 as a you'll either love it or hate. I played a good 20 hours and payed £50 for it but amI enjoyed the fact hideo tried an entry of something completely different. Music was fantastic, visuals excellent but unfortunately the actual gameplay fell flat for me. Many peoe will enjoy the traversal, but me personally found it boring and to repetitive to invest more of my time. I rated it 5/10 as a you'll either love it or hate. I played a good 20 hours and payed £50 for it but am reluctant to return to it. I knew it was a gamble I have read the story is amazing but getti g to that point I ran out of steam. Weirdest thing is I would recommend it because it's so different and unusual you have to try it just in case it is your masterpiece... That's how good/bad it is.... There's no denying it's unique it's just boring to a gamer whose been spoilt this generation on playstation. Maybe next time kojima Expand
  10. Jul 21, 2020
    This game is actually amazing,spetecular,perfect.Kojima Productions thanks for this beautiful story.Can't wait Death Stranding 2.
  11. Jul 17, 2020
    Hideo Kajima did it again with this stunning game. The story, the characters and the world is very beautiful, detailed and interesting.
  12. Jul 31, 2020
    Game has an interesting story and concept, unfortunately it is ruined by the length of the game at 40-60 hours. This means you will be walking and delivering parcels for that amount of time, the gameplay isn't great the BT's are more annoying than scary massive disappointment imo.
  13. Jul 16, 2020
    Marromenos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Jul 18, 2020
    30시간 플레이했습니다.
    괜찮은 게임인데 다른 사람한테 추천은 못 하겠습니다. 그러면 결국 괜찮은 게임은 아니라는 거겠죠.
    게임플레이나 아트, 사운드, 컨셉, 스토리도 마음에 드는데 스토리텔링이 너무나 별로입니다. 설산부터 심하게 뺑뺑이 시키는 레벨 디자인도 마음에 안 듭니다. 레벨디자인은 딱 봐도 예산 문제로 보여서 이해는 됩니다.
    30시간 플레이했습니다.
    괜찮은 게임인데 다른 사람한테 추천은 못 하겠습니다. 그러면 결국 괜찮은 게임은 아니라는 거겠죠.
    게임플레이나 아트, 사운드, 컨셉, 스토리도 마음에 드는데 스토리텔링이 너무나 별로입니다.
    설산부터 심하게 뺑뺑이 시키는 레벨 디자인도 마음에 안 듭니다.
    레벨디자인은 딱 봐도 예산 문제로 보여서 이해는 됩니다.
  15. Jul 16, 2020
    It's a fantastic game, no doubt about that. From the time I was able to play of it, it was very engaging and looked beautiful. It was also incredibly well optimized.

... when it wasn't glitching or crashing. The game had a new texture bug every few minutes and crashed for me every five. It's hard to get into the game when there's always a fear that I could fall through the floor or have my progress reset. I'd definitely give the game a higher score if these issues were fixed, or, at least, severely mitigated.
  16. Oct 8, 2020
    This game is... Well, it's NOT a 0, 1 or any of the low scores people give it. It's also not a 10. It's a very... specific game, and that's putting it nicely.

Yes, the primary game play loop is about... walking. Or, well, travelling from one place to another, with mechanics added in to make this more difficult (uneven terrain, crevices and the occasional enemy). That's all there is to it; that's the whole gameplay. Sprinkled in are VERY long cutscenes in classic Hideo fashion.

If you enjoy games like Elite: Dangerous or Euro Truck Simulator then this will probably be OK with you. If you feel bored if you don't get to shoot an enemy in 5 minutes, then this will bore you to death. The problem with this game is that it was never really marketed appropriately, shrouding the game in mystery without ever showing the actual gameplay. So people expected it to be something it's not. But KNOWING what you're getting into is now a lot easier with gameplay videos and detailed descriptions, so if the concept of making deliveries, on a fundamental level, seems appealing then you're good to go.

Visually the game is decent enough, with the real-life actors being portrayed really nice in-engine. Performance is smooth with no issues at all. Music and sound are very good as well. The story is... well, it's Kojima. I won't spoil it, suffice to say there are some really nice moments... and some really cringy ones too.

Ultimately I'm having fun making aforementioned deliveries and rebuilding roads and pushing the story forward. But, again, this all ties back to the main loop - if you feel making deliveries is enough to keep you going then have at it. Otherwise, skip.
  17. Aug 18, 2020
    Cut scene, and more cut scenes, and too much cut scenes.
    That's why it is the movie, not a game.
  18. Jul 18, 2020
    玩了前两章 ,好玩,绝对10分,不错,有意思,优化很好,垃圾IGN,
    玩到第三章 ,从上面跑到下面,又从下面跑到上面,草拟吗的又要从上面跑到下面
    玩到第五章 ,跑路,战斗,BT,跑路,战斗,BT,总算到雪山山顶了,好吧下山,吗的又要上山?还要带个包袱,甘霖娘的小岛秀夫 玩到第六章 ,对不起IGN,我误会你了 第七 ,第八,第九,第十,我己经麻木了 这个游戏就是个“开头的神作”,越玩到后面越感到乏味 很多人之所以给高分大多数都只是玩了个开头或者只是冲着小岛去的 单机模式那天文数字的材料收集让我望而却步 联机模式下别人造好了建筑,游戏又少了份建造的乐趣
    玩了前两章 ,好玩,绝对10分,不错,有意思,优化很好,垃圾IGN,

很多人之所以给高分大多数都只是玩了个开头或者只是冲着小岛去的

单机模式那天文数字的材料收集让我望而却步
    联机模式下别人造好了建筑,游戏又少了份建造的乐趣
  19. Jul 21, 2020
    I have around 32 hours played on this game between both PS4 and PC. I have not yet finished the game but I have to say i really am enjoying playing through this game WHEN IT WORKS. I was going to give the game an 8/10 but after a few crashes, AI quality and some bugs, the game has dropped majorly for me.

Editing this after yet another crash, the game at the moment is unplayable for

Editing this after yet another crash, the game at the moment is unplayable for me.The game looks great, the soundtrack is awesome and the story is fine with me, i'm actually looking forward to seeing what happens if the game will ever let me continue playing it. Fix the bugs, glitches and crashes and this review will rise back to an 8. The more crashes that happen, the more i will come back an re-edit and keep lowering that score.
  20. Jul 22, 2020
    The game is hard to get used to, it's not the best game with the best graphics but it's not terrible. There's many negative things about this game, I was hoping it wouldn't go too far from mgs, the gameplay is frustrating for me to play.
  21. Jul 25, 2020
    The game is Different and original. With a great story. Not my usual kind of game but a good game all round.
  22. Jul 26, 2020
    Death stranding? More like death slipping all the time when I’m trying to climb a mountain! But to be honest it isn’t a bad game.
  23. Oct 20, 2020
    В начале игры интересно - атмосфера предстоящих открытий, исследований, доставок грузов открытий мир.
    Спустя четыре часа игры ты видишь однообразие ландшафта, однообразие цветов. Замечаешь схожесть миссий: сходи туда, принеси это, забери у них это, верни обратно.
    На эти действия постоянно мотивируют персонажи игры. Причем очень пафосно: ты единственный, ты уникальный. После понимаешь что это полная чушь и тебя водят за нос. Ничего интересно не будет.
    Есть строительство, типа есть. Реализовано строительство не интересно, многие объекты строительные почти и не нужны.
    Дальше уже противно писать.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 15, 2020
    I approached Death Stranding twice. I spent a couple of hours with the PS4 edition and was fascinated with it. I kinda wish I stopped at that and let the game remain a mystery to me rather than complete it later on PC and be disappointed. There are moments when Death Stranding eludes the traditional 1-10 rating system. There are moments when it sets new standards and becomes a truly special experience. But those are just moments scattered throughout tedious gameplay. Still, it is in my opinion one of those games you simply need to play. [10/2020, p.44]
  2. Sep 20, 2020
    Death Stranding is asking you to find variety in a daily rut, cooperation possibilities for a character who has fear of contact, scientific explanations in clear-cut mysticism. Today, you’re annoyed that the story doesn’t move forward, and you have to trek into the same ghost-infested area as before, but tomorrow you’ll gladly spend a few hours hauling resources for a new highway and feeling good about it. This source of joy is very weird and defies explanation.
  3. Sep 5, 2020
    Death Stranding on PC is the best way to experience this journey. Game is much more than a walking Sim, it mixes and matches a ton of brilliant new ideas and game mechanics. It is bursting with atmosphere, and the overall quality of the production and presentation is fantastic. Other than minor issues and some non-consistent storytelling, Death Stranding shows us that boundaries can be moved in the today gaming world.