7.1

1. Nov 10, 2016
    I'd like to start by saying that yes, the PC version of Dishonored 2 is littered with various bugs, but, that being said, none have been game-breaking for me in my first 2 hours of playtime. The story so far is fantastic and the level and art design provides fans of the original with an evolution on the original game's painted cityscapes. Overall, I'm excited to see what this game has to offer.
  2. Nov 10, 2016
    Release bugs aside, this game is gorgeous, visually, thematically, and viscerally. Somehow an upgrade in every way from the perfection that was the first game. Lives up to and surpasses all hype. I'm really not sure what else to do or say besides give it a perfect 10. W-o-w.
  3. Apr 20, 2017
    The performance issues have been fixed as far as I've know.
    The story seems a little too familiar but that's ok. the changes you can make are awesome, there are actions that make a huge diffrence that I didn't know that was even possible (youtube)
    the Graphics are beautiful! the environments are amazing. the combat mechanics are super fun. just for the record I have an 2560x1440
    The performance issues have been fixed as far as I've know.

just for the record I have an 2560x1440 monitor with an i5-3570 @ stock and an rx 480. I get 35-40fps on maximum settings. I mean everything at max. I get 45-55 when I turn them slightly lower (no noticeable changes) I haven't tried minimum settings. take in mind that these are in WQHD not FHD. I assume you get 60fps with my card on 1080p
  4. Feb 1, 2017
    Five Word Review: Slaughter or subdue, both incredible!
    Favorite Thing: Lots of excellent level design. The clockwork house and time manipulation levels were really excellent.
    Least Favorite Thing: Trying to takedown someone sitting in a chair.

Playtime: 21h (1st playthrough) 10h (2nd)
    Enjoyment: 9/10
    Story : 8
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 9
  6. Jul 9, 2017
    I played this through a couple of times when it first came out last fall. I went back to it last week and am in a fourth play through. Simply put, this game is brilliant - it's a game for the thinking gamer. Sophisticated, beautiful, great story with great writing. All games should be of this caliber. 'Nuff said.
  7. Nov 24, 2017
    I waited and played this game with all the patches, it was worth it runs ok, no crashes, no fps drops.
    i loved dishonored 1 so this one is more of the same , typical revenge history, cartoony but nice graphics.Superb level design and Verticality. Improved stealth mechanics, a good game released in bad shape.
  8. May 22, 2017
    I don't understand people who dislikes this game because of the poor performance on PC. GAME, GAME ITSELF is absolutely incredible. Everything in it. Level design, art design, story.
  9. Jun 11, 2017
    Fantastic game, great game play slightly loose story with a slight lack of diversity. definitely not the star that the first one was but still fantastic.
  10. Aug 14, 2017
    Game with descent combat system killed by lots of stealth. Quick and responsive action, interesting story and huge variativity means best sandbox experience twenty-sixteen you ever had.
  11. Jan 26, 2017
    Yes, I'm just gonna get this part out of the way and say the game runs like liquefied garbage on PC like most people here say. Downing the settings and even upgrading my +$1000 PC didn't seem to do anything, so the optimization is quite poop-grade. This can even mess up the combat sometimes.

Now, onto the positives. Not exactly a mesmerizing 10/10 game, but a damn good one that beats the original. With a high fun factor and high replayability, this game is worth every penny. Somewhat like (but better than) the original, the story isn't perfect and the characters aren't always as intriguing as they should be, though your interest will still be kept the whole way through. Regardless of story, you get a lot more powers and such to play with, blasting up the aforementioned high fun factor.

This game is good and the developers should feel good. Aside from the optimization stuff...
  12. May 11, 2017
    it is a good game. Pros: good storyline, great gameplay, and last of all relatable and detailed characters (good graphics to). Cons: difficulty is very hard, even on normal or easy for some of the mission, and missions are a little repetitive (infiltrate, kill)
  13. Sep 2, 2017
    One of the greatest "play-it-your-way" games I've encountered. The sense of freedom when completing missions is amazing. Truly great game! The first Dishonoured game was quite good but this one outshines it and most other games too!
  14. Feb 4, 2017
    Great game, horrible port. The game is gorgeus, with so many diffrent paths to complete the missions, and so many diffrent powers to unlock and combine, without mentioning that you can now play as Corvo or Emily. It also has two endings for each character. The only problem I see here is the port. The optimazation is nowhere to be found, performance is pretty bad even in high end pc's.
    Buy
    Buy it if you have a powerful machine, if not, wait till it's totally fix.
  15. Jan 12, 2017
    Dishonored 2 is a great game. Unfortunately had to play on lowest quality possible or would it would get buggy. That aside I was not disappointed although I feel the blood flies could have had a bigger role in the plot other than just a nuisance
  16. Mar 12, 2017
    I really love the first game, although I went through it only in 2016, all hands did not reach. I have no new video card - gtx660 and the game runs fine on medium graphics settings. All sorts of beta patches are not installed. With the optimization problem is not faced.
    Completely about the plot, I can't tell yet, but he's good, and certainly no surprises. Just a good, clichéd plot. About Royal assassin you can guess already sailed to a location associated with it.
    The most important part of the game is gameplay, and it's great. I play for Emily, she has a brand new ability, and that's cool, they are very good; I was particularly pleased with "Domino". Teleport her too, but looks a bit different - she is attracted to the place and it looks stylish.
    Locations are beautiful, sometimes eerie (for example, the place where the "good doctor"). The passage still variable as in the first part. But it seems to me that the enemies now are some seeing too.
    Fans of the first part just have to play the game, it is as good. But you will have lag or not to guess never. I bought and prepared myself for the horrible lag, but I probably was lucky, and I enjoy the game.
  17. Sep 19, 2017
    INTRO
    I'm surprised how much of an improvement this game got. Story, gameplay, combat, stealth, map design, enemies and AI, you name it. I didn't get bored playing and I didn't feel like it was repetitive, unlike the first game.
    STORY In the beginning, you're given the choice of playing as a grown-up Emily or reprising your role as Corvo. Your decision will vastly change the
    INTRO

STORY
    In the beginning, you're given the choice of playing as a grown-up Emily or reprising your role as Corvo. Your decision will vastly change the perspective of the story as well as the abilities available at your arsenal, as if two sides of a coin. You will not be able to make any contact with the other throughout the game.

The developers designed the game with the intent for you to play more than one run after completion, so that you can play as the other character or attempt different approaches to missions.

The script is a lot more concise and the story is a huge improvement. It is no longer vague and characters no longer speak about topics that are irrelevant to the mission at hand.

GAMEPLAY
    Dishonored 2 now plays like a true Hitman game, unlike the simplified one the first game was. It's entirely up to you whether you want to be a ghost or if you want to go in guns blazing.

I recommend trying out stealth to make the best of your experience, but if you want to rush through, you'll still get a thrill out of the combat because it is no longer as simple as the first game. The game will punish you for carelessness. I recommend playing on Hard difficulty.

For weapons, you use the classic sword/pistol/crossbow combo. There are many more upgrades now and money is even more scarce than before, so it is crucial for you to plan out what you want to buy.

As for powers, there are new ones introduced for Emily while Corvo mostly uses the same ones as before. Emily's powers are more focused on stealth than Corvo's. Unfortunately, some powers in this game are completely pointless, which is a shame.

The game introduces a Bone Charm crafting system where you recycle charms into new ones consisting of 2-4 modifiers and only taking up one slot each. Even though there's a chance of corrupting them, the corrupted modifiers are mostly laughable. For three extra Runes, you can use each modifier up to four times, which is even more broken.

There are new and improved enemies in this game and AI has been vastly improved. Even with the "wall hack" power fully upgraded, it's difficult to play.

EXPLORATION
    Maps are a lot more open-world than before and items are scattered throughout. If you only focus on the missions, you will miss out on plenty of exploration. If you only focus on special items, you will have a deficit of funding and will be limited on ammunition.

The Heart reprises its GPS tracker method of detection. All of the items are exposed on the map again. Many of them are located in stores or safes now, which require additional effort to acquire.

Sadly, there are a bit too many Runes in the game, making powers easy to obtain. Bone Charms are generated at random, which makes the search for them somewhat pointless once you're near the end of the game, since they might not have good modifiers. Unless you're planning to do another run, of course.

Like the first game, this one has nine missions and a central hub. If played quickly, it should last around 10 hours. If played stealthily, then easily at least 20-30 hours.

UNIQUE LOCATIONS
    There are two locations in this game that are unique: Stilton Manor and the Clockwork Mansion.

Without spoiling too much, the former introduces "on-demand" time travel gameplay. This is an interesting new system with lots of potential, but the developers only limited it to that map.

For the other location, it is essentially a dynamic labyrinth. It's incredibly fun to play and very challenging with the clockwork guards. It's difficult to acquire all of the special items on this map because half the time you're just trying to avoid getting killed.

PERFORMANCE
    A lot of reviewers here complained about poor optimization and gave low ratings because of that.

I too experienced sub-optimal FPS, but I managed to stabilize it at 40 average on 4K resolution at mostly-low with mid-range hardware, while streaming. If you fear that your system might not be able to play it, Steam offers a refund policy which offers you the chance to try it out.

SUMMARY
    Dishonored 2 is a huge improvement from its prequel. There is a lot more variety in combat and more freedom to plan out your approach. This is definitely a worthy successor to the original game and I highly recommend it even if you haven't played the prequel. You can hop straight to playing this game as the story isn't too reliant on the prequel.

Disregarding performance issues, I'm giving this game a generous 9/10 for being the sequel Dishonored fans wished for. It is well-balanced and challenging in every way. I would've preferred there to be a bit more money available on the maps to loot, but it's not a big deal.
  18. May 14, 2020
    A bittersweet experience. The game is a huge improvement compared to Dishonored on almost every single level:
    - visually gorgeous
    - level design, both in terms of layout and architecture, is often stunning (don't want to spoil the experience, but a couple of levels really BLOW MIND) - maybe the most customisable HUD I've ever seen in a game - overall beautiful GUI with vastly improved
    - visually gorgeous
    - maybe the most customisable HUD I've ever seen in a game
    - overall beautiful GUI with vastly improved functionality compared to Dishonored
    - by far the most customisable difficulty settings I've ever seen
    - and a number of other smaller improvements, such as level maps that can be found in the streets/buildings and can be later viewed in the journal, the ability to slowly move and rotate when choking enemies, secondary small-font subtitles for when interaction and background speech occurs simultaneously, much more comprehensive stats at the end of each level, etc etc etc.

However, it pains me to say, the writing in this game really sucks balls, especially compared to the original. The story is rather poorly contrived, but above all most of the dialogues feel like a B-grade TV show. It's nowhere near as engaging emotionally as Dishonored, or even as The Knife of Dunwall or The Brigmore Witches. In Dishonored, the stealth and other mechanics served the story, but here I feel like it's the other way around - they had plenty of brilliant ideas on how to improve the gameplay, and needed SOME story to go with it. It's a real shame, and it also made the playthrough feel less exciting and more tedious and repeatable.

The game also suffers from stutter issues, but limiting fps to 60 resolved this. Not ideal and was frustrating initially, but since then it ran just fine. Had only occasional dips to some 55fps with a GTX1070, and no noticeable stutter anymore.

Despite that, if you're a fan of the gameplay from Dishonored, this should be a thoroughly enjoyable experience!
  19. Sep 15, 2017
    EDIT: When this game was released I gave it a 0, as the performance on a £2,300 PC was abysmal. However, I stated in the original review that if the game ever became playable I would re-score this game based on the experience later on.

And what can i say, this game was fantastic. I played as corvo and my experience felt unique to my play style. The level design was incredible, with the clockwork mansion having maybe the best design I have ever come across. The sound, graphics and mood are all excellent. I must say that the star of the show is the gameplay. The freedom to tackle each level how you want to. I chose to play as an assassin, showing no mercy during these tumultuous times. But I imagine the game would have equal satisfaction if tackled in a non-lethal stealth manner.

Overall I would give this a 9, it would have been 9.5 if it was released in this current state, not to mention the fact I have had to upgrade to a titan Xp just to have a quality experience.
  20. Jul 30, 2017
    A masterpiece. Game and level design are examples of their kind, art is everywhere (sfx, music, charadesign, architecture), steampunk ambiance gorgeous, the game mechanics are just great. Ultra customisable. I love it.
  21. Nov 18, 2016
    Pros
    - Excellent level design
    - soild story - fluid combat - functional stealth Cons - Horrendous optimization. (2 gtx 1080s will still buckle) - Graphics range from beautiful to ugly which makes the ugly parts very noticeable - Quite a short story (around 9 hours) - Bonecharms are largely a waste of time - There arent many interesting powers Overall its a great game being
    Pros
    - Excellent level design
    - soild story
    - fluid combat
    - functional stealth

Cons
    - Horrendous optimization. (2 gtx 1080s will still buckle)
    - Quite a short story (around 9 hours)
    - Bonecharms are largely a waste of time
    - There arent many interesting powers

Overall its a great game being held back but yet another half arsed Port
  22. Mar 8, 2017
    Yes, the game is more taxing than others from Bethesda. But don't get crazy - I could enjoy it with a 970. Now down to the point: this game is a labour of love from one of the very best game studio around the world. The art is breath taking, with mind blowing designs, render, and mad amount of skills pouring from every pixel. The level design is totally insane. Each level, even more thanYes, the game is more taxing than others from Bethesda. But don't get crazy - I could enjoy it with a 970. Now down to the point: this game is a labour of love from one of the very best game studio around the world. The art is breath taking, with mind blowing designs, render, and mad amount of skills pouring from every pixel. The level design is totally insane. Each level, even more than in the first game, is a show of gameplay twists build upon cool ideas and a powerful engine. Sound and music are wonderful, and the world itself is probably the best world creation at least in visual entertainment from the last decade. If you love gaming - and especially first person games - but don't play that one you'll be missing one of the most amazing creation in the field.
    Also the game is very generous. My first run lasted 37 hours. And I am positive I'll play it at least a second time. Then if you go for the full ghost run, you're in for even more hours of fun.
  23. Apr 15, 2017
    Performance acceptable with an i7 4770k and gtx980 and no stability issues. Perhaps they've patched it within the 5 months since launch. The comments from Nov 2016 suggest the game is bugged, but in April 2017 the game is working perfectly for me.

The game is brilliant, a highly polished version of the original Dishonored. The paths through the levels are improved. The stealth and ghost modes are improved. The player choices are increased. The story is improved. Everything about this game is a major improvement, and I already thought Dishonored the original was top-notch.

Highly recommended. If you haven't already played the original Dishonored, play that first and the DLC as well. The story can be hard to follow without that background.
  24. Nov 26, 2016
    I really liked the first game and this one feels like more of the same, which is a really good thing! It's prettier and there are more features, but the core experience is the same. The only negative is that you have to play stealthy to get the good ending to the story. There are a ton of abilities and stuff for fun action-y gameplay, but using them will get you an ending where everyoneI really liked the first game and this one feels like more of the same, which is a really good thing! It's prettier and there are more features, but the core experience is the same. The only negative is that you have to play stealthy to get the good ending to the story. There are a ton of abilities and stuff for fun action-y gameplay, but using them will get you an ending where everyone dies and the whole world goes to ****

There are a lot of complaints about hardware issues, but these could just be some sort of organised troll camapign to bring the developer down. I have a fairly basic computer; an old i5 with a GTX980 and only 12gb of RAM and Im able to play this in 2560x1200 on ultra settings with no issues at all.
  25. Nov 13, 2016
    Aside from the bugs at launch, Dishonored 2 is a beautiful game. Visually it is gorgeous. The gameplay mechanics are improved from the first game. But unfortunately the PC version was riddled but bugs at launch. Performance would become utter **** at certain areas in the game. At one point the fps would be 60 (vsync enabled), then at another area it would drop significantly, stutteringAside from the bugs at launch, Dishonored 2 is a beautiful game. Visually it is gorgeous. The gameplay mechanics are improved from the first game. But unfortunately the PC version was riddled but bugs at launch. Performance would become utter **** at certain areas in the game. At one point the fps would be 60 (vsync enabled), then at another area it would drop significantly, stuttering badly. Changing the graphic options doesn't really seem to make much of a difference. If you can put the performance bugs aside, this game is fantastic. Don't let these low user reviews put you off this game. I highly recommend it. Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2016
    Fantastic stealth game. Great story and graphics are great on GTX1070 1080P on ultra.

If you played the previous game, you have to get this one, but even if you didn't, this game is great as a stand alone.
  27. Nov 12, 2016
    The performance isn't horrendously bad for me but its not acceptable. It is a nice looking game in spots, but it doesn't justify how it runs. Im using a 480 nitro + and a 4690k and can only just keep a stable 60 on medium/high about 80% of the time. And thats with adaptive resolution at 75% and FXAA so it looks like **** Usually looking out into the city causes drops into the 30's but itsThe performance isn't horrendously bad for me but its not acceptable. It is a nice looking game in spots, but it doesn't justify how it runs. Im using a 480 nitro + and a 4690k and can only just keep a stable 60 on medium/high about 80% of the time. And thats with adaptive resolution at 75% and FXAA so it looks like **** Usually looking out into the city causes drops into the 30's but its not a frequent occurrence, and this may just be on AMD but the throne room at the beginning was at 15fps...yeah almost made me quit.

Its quite a big improvement over the first game though, bigger more open areas to explore (i have been on mission 2 for 5 and half hours just looking around and looting), far more ways, items and powers to take down enemies if you are playing low chaos stealth only, just as many new really cool kill animations and dismemberment if you are not, lots of lore in books and notes to explore.

If you are in any way interested in the formula of a Bioshock or the first dishonored game then buy it. You can patch issues with performance (definitely wait for this to happen if you have anything less than me) but you cant patch a bad game and this will likely be my GOTY.
  28. Nov 13, 2016
    Dishonored 2 is great in any way except ending(s) but this could be a subjective thought. I want to say that gameplay is greatly improved and there is plenty ways to pass levels with stealth and clean hands also there is plenty ways to murder your enemies. New skills are enjoyable, level design is way too good and puzzles are excellent. The game itself offers many things to do. GraphicsDishonored 2 is great in any way except ending(s) but this could be a subjective thought. I want to say that gameplay is greatly improved and there is plenty ways to pass levels with stealth and clean hands also there is plenty ways to murder your enemies. New skills are enjoyable, level design is way too good and puzzles are excellent. The game itself offers many things to do. Graphics are probably worse than many Triple A games such as like Deus Ex, Witcher or MGS but they obviously are not the worst and I didn't have any problems with Dishonored 2's visuals (except some animation problems) or I haven't faced with any bugs yet.

The worst thing about the game is probably the ending and differences between Emily and Corvo (at least for me.) Dishonored's endings were astonishing and touching even the High Chaos one but in Dishonored 2 story and characters are still ok but endings are not. Both of Low and High Chaos endings felt lame to me at the first sight. In fact Emily Kaldwin and Corvo Attano are pretty same. There is only small dialogue and ending differences but I'll get over with it.

Dishonored 2 is masterpiece and greatly improved and the cons are too small to notice. It seems like Arkane Studios did their best.
  29. Nov 16, 2016
    I am playing on GTX 1080 so the notorious performance issues do not apply to me. But atmosphere-wise this game is just great. Full immersion. Great story, great level design (id tech engine itself if subpar), great sound and dialogs.
  30. Jun 14, 2017
    Афигенная игра. В ней нет прям чего то нового, но она не хуже прошлой, все понравилось!
  31. Jan 1, 2017
    One of the most exquisite world-building exercises ever. Each level is varied and crafted, offering multiple ways to solve or escape or kill your way out. This and Deus Ex Mankind Divided were both such amazing open worlds. I enjoyed Mankind Divided's graphics and controls better, but Dishonored 2 had the better levels and world building. Both amazing.
  32. Mar 15, 2017
    il miglior gioco che abbia mai giocato su pc questo gioco è quasi perfetto avrei solo voluto un po poù di colonna sonora che comunque cè ed è bella per il resto semplicemente stupendo migliora molto rispetto al primo la libertà di azione, per quanto riguarda le performance non ho avuto problemi avendolo giocato un mese dopo l'uscita
  33. Jan 20, 2019
    Few games I remember giving me so much pleasure and fun to play and fewer games I remember having finished 2 times.
    For me Dishonored 2 is a “masterpiece” and I most likely will conclude it a third time.
    First I become a powerful assassin, full of dark powers and tricks, fighting my way in a revenge spree. Then I was a deposed empress, betrayed and deadly, that moves like a shadow but that is a benevolent soul and don't killed once, not even her enemies.

And now, as I'm doing this review, I'm in a third playthrough, without any special powers.
    It's superb, I don't have words to describe it...

Graphically is fantastic, full of details and with a very peculiar art style that I loved. I had no significant problems, only 2 or 3 errors during game save that forced me to start it, but in more than 60 hours of games so far nothing.

Mechanically easy to pick up especially if they have already played the first, will realize that the basis of controls and powers is practically the same.

Overall is 10/10 to me. It is a "most have" for any Steam collector and one of the best game experiences of the last years.
  34. Dec 1, 2018
    This game is an overall amazing game and greatly improving the original in terms of story, art, atmosphere, and gameplay. However the game does feel a little too short and some areas feel very small and narrow. That only seems to be the case in a few levels but overall a fantastic game, definitely worth trying out.
  35. Jul 30, 2019
    Good successor to the original. The level design is great, gives you a huge amount of options in exploring/fighting/sneaking. Some of the puzzle levels were particularly good and helped to freshen thing up and stop things getting stale. The story is entertaining enough and gives you enough of a reason to want to continue but the main draw is the gameplay.
    Some minor bugs and frame rate
    Some minor bugs and frame rate drops, most noticeable with any enemies that can blink seems to drive the game crazy. I also felt there could have been more sidemissions for the size of the levels as well as there seems to be a lot of wasted space that only really exists to let your inner kleptomaniac loose.
    Overall a solid game let down a little by poor optimization and a slightly dead semi-open world but is by no means a deal breaker.
  36. Nov 11, 2016
    Great game, if you don't look at the bugs it has. Story is intresting and keeps you going, even with the problems that the game has. Buy this game when the bugs and bad performance are fixed.
  37. Nov 11, 2016
    The game runs quite well on my computer (GTX 770, i5 4590@3,30 GHz).
    The game runs quite well on my computer (GTX 770, i5 4590@3,30 GHz).
    Dishonored 2 improved everything from the first one and brings a lot of new stuff like new non-lethal tools, Emily and her powers, bonecharm crafting, much more elements helping immersion. Gameplay is just perfect and feels so rewarding sometimes. The level design is amazing with original ideas like the clockwork mansion or the time mirror item showing the same mission in the past/present and allowing to travel back and forth in time. Overall it's an awesome experience and only lacks a new game + feature.
  38. Nov 13, 2016
    Really fun game, the gameplay is incredible, and the game looks amazing. Story has a little to be desired, and the voice acting is only passable. Performance issues aside, the game plays like a dream. Once these performance issues get patched, this game will be amazing.
  39. Nov 15, 2016
    It's obviously flawed on PC, but it's not quite that important when the gameplay is so superb. It builds up from the first game, so you can expect the same core mechanics and outstanding stealth action. It might not bring in a big amount of new things, but I expected a similar game anyway, so it is totally fine with me.

The story is also fantastic and I love the new abilities for Emily,

The story is also fantastic and I love the new abilities for Emily, despite their similarities with Corvo's. All in all, it was a super fun playthrough and I can't wait to play it again,
  40. Jan 19, 2017
    Don't pay attention to these retards. What most people aren't realizing is that the original Dishonored had the SAME DAMN PROBLEMS when it was first released on PC. Any game released by Bethesda has a rough start. This game is truly a masterpiece. The world design, immersive characters, game defining choices, and fun as hell abilities make this game truly amazing. The game will also guiltDon't pay attention to these retards. What most people aren't realizing is that the original Dishonored had the SAME DAMN PROBLEMS when it was first released on PC. Any game released by Bethesda has a rough start. This game is truly a masterpiece. The world design, immersive characters, game defining choices, and fun as hell abilities make this game truly amazing. The game will also guilt trip you when you kill everything in your path and see in the ending how everything went to crap. This game has IMMENSE replay value, and is overall fantastic. Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2016
    Dishonored 2's level design is wonderful ! sometimes you just want to walk around and enjoy the environment. there are many ways to finish a mission and you need to seek around for clues like notes or conversations... thanks Arkane thanks Bethesda you are the real mvp in the business.
    2016's GOTY.
  42. Nov 16, 2016
    F*ck off the performance. He run fine, not smooth as hell but, seriously, you don't need to care (or you need to wait a bit for some patch, be patient omg).
    Art direction, level design and gameplay are perfect. Scenario not cool but, meh, like Dishonored 1 and I don't play for that. 10/10 for me, would play 6 times as soon as I can.
    Three time for each character, as a killer, a good
    Three time for each character, as a killer, a good person and again but without power. Real good challenging.
  43. Nov 14, 2016
    I really like the game so far into it about six hours and want to keep playing - which makes this a great game for a change! I have played more of this campaign than Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 so yea, It is a much needed change from the typical shooter. I am running a i7-6700K (4.4 Ghz) and GTX 1080 Xtreme and 16 GB RAM playing the game in 4K with everything maxed out - pulling 35-60I really like the game so far into it about six hours and want to keep playing - which makes this a great game for a change! I have played more of this campaign than Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 so yea, It is a much needed change from the typical shooter. I am running a i7-6700K (4.4 Ghz) and GTX 1080 Xtreme and 16 GB RAM playing the game in 4K with everything maxed out - pulling 35-60 FPS no stutters not crashing = no problem. I really like the game, the details and scenery are amazing to look at... this is why I bought a gaming PC with hardware that can run software maxed out for the best gaming experience possible, and this game delivers on the software end! Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2016
    I Proud To Say That The Dishonored 2 Is The Best Video Game That I've Ever Played Before!
    Everything Has Made With The Most Accuracy.Everything From Characters To The Coins!
    The Story Of The Game Is Fabulous And Wonderful,But According To The Others Reviews,It Has A Lots Of Bugs.I'm Not Telling That It Doesn't Have Any Problem.Because,Today I Faced On With Two Of Them,But If We Be Patient It Will Fix In Next Updates.It's Fixable And You Can Experience It Without Any Snag As Soon As It Possible.Bugs Will Gone But Your Score Will Be Here For Long And It Can Change Other People's Mind About This Fantastic Game.I Believe That It Can Be The Game Of The Year And We Have To Be Prepare For GOTY Edition.
  45. Nov 26, 2016
    This game has had a less than stellar launch. However, with my GTX 1070 and i7-4790k, I can play on Very High to Ultra settings with minimal issues. Also, for those of you that do have problems, the game likes to set its priority to low after each loading screen, so changing it to normal or above should do the trick until there's a patch. Now, onto the review.

The first Dishonored is my

The first Dishonored is my favorite game of all time. Obviously, I was anxious for the day to come where I could reprise my role as Royal Protector Corvo Attano, or I could possess the role of Empress Emily Kaldwin, whom has a slew of new abilities. As of now, I am around 10 hours into my playthrough as Emily and I must say that this is exactly what I expected from this sequel. Of course, there are multiple ways of reaching your target and also multiple ways to take down your target. Each power now has a more in-depth upgrade tree in which you can allow Corvo's Blink to be redirective, as Daud's was in the Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches, or you can upgrade Emily's Doppleganger ability to create copies of yourself that will fight for you.

A new feature that I was very excited for was Bonecharm Crafting. This works by sacrificing a bone charm's trait so that you will be able to create a single bone charm with multiple traits taken from a sacrificed charm. You can create a single charm with two, three, or four traits, however, corrupted charms have made a reappearance from Daud's DLC. The more traits you add onto a crafted bone charm, the more likely it will be come corrupted and apply a negative attribute along with the traits you applied to it.

I don't know much about graphics, but I can tell you that this game's graphics are outstanding. I will occasionally stop and stare at the scenery, which will sometimes appear as a beautiful painting. The art style has remained the same and it helps with its look that much more.

There are new enemies, such as the Nest Keepers and the Clockwork Soldiers that will help gameplay from feeling repetitive. There are new faces, as well as old ones. There are new powers that can be heavily upgraded (if you can find the resources to do so), and old ones with new attributes to be added onto them. There's an entirely new system for bone charms that can be ignored if you do not care for corrupted charms. There are new places to explore, and there are old, but familiar ones that make this sequel feel that much more like Dishonored.

This game has gotten a lot of criticism for its performance, but looking past this minor inconvenience, Dishonored 2 is yet another masterpiece created by the masterminds at Arkane Studios. In my opinion, Dishonored 2 is hands-down my Game of the Year and I would recommend this piece of art to each and every one of you.
  46. Nov 12, 2016
    I really enjoyed the first game and this one is worth the money it has an excellent story and fun gameplay. This game is beautifully crafted and worth the $60. They have also added much more of a challenge and better kill animations. I only have one problem with the story and that is , other then that i have minor issues like there is no animation for picking up or throwing objects.
  47. Nov 20, 2016
    Somehow even better than the first game. AMAZING game, runs phenomenally on my PC. Not sure why people are having performance issues. I am running on Ultra, 50-75 fps with a RX-480.

This game is even better than the first one. They didn't change too much; they did it just right. Bigger maps, amazing level design, fun new powers, multiple playstyles, several different endings based on character played and lethality/stealth... I love it so much. Dishonored is back and it's better than ever.
  48. Nov 16, 2016
    So I can affirm that this game is one of the most intrinsically in-depth games I have ever played. Not only does it have a good story to play through that you can learn more from just picking up and reading all the different documents laying around, but the gameplay is outstanding and so entertaining. I have been playing on very hard the whole time and I am close to the end of the game.So I can affirm that this game is one of the most intrinsically in-depth games I have ever played. Not only does it have a good story to play through that you can learn more from just picking up and reading all the different documents laying around, but the gameplay is outstanding and so entertaining. I have been playing on very hard the whole time and I am close to the end of the game. Now, I will say like the first it was very frustrating in the beginning when you had barely any abilities at your disposal. Although, that all changes and you can easily adapt yourself to the way you want to play. I tried the nonlethal approach for a bit and loved the challenge, but once I started gaining powers from collecting the runes it all changed fast. Eliminating unaware guards could never get old and there are so many ways to do it. So what if I have a high chaos ending at least it was fun the whole time and still quite the challenge at my difficulty setting. Lastly, I really despise people that leave reviews of games and give it awful scores because of their own hardware issues or FPS issue that will be patched. I purposely waited until the issues were resolved with updates and driver updates until I made an educated decision about this review. I will even say I had FPS issues with my combine GTX 970 SSC and GTX 670 (Dedicated PhysX GPU) running the game. Now, I am running the game on ultra settings and I have zero issues. So hopefully this is helpful because regardless I think this has a really good chance of being Game of the Year. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2016
    First i am going to address the elephant in the room. Yes the optimisation is not perfect but just wait for the imminent patches. With my fx 8320 @ 4.0 ghz, 8gb 1600mhz ram and gtx 970 i got average of 50 fps on very high settings but the fps did drop to 36 - 40 while in the city. It certainly does not make the game unplayable but is a bit annoying. Aside from that, during my 9 hours ofFirst i am going to address the elephant in the room. Yes the optimisation is not perfect but just wait for the imminent patches. With my fx 8320 @ 4.0 ghz, 8gb 1600mhz ram and gtx 970 i got average of 50 fps on very high settings but the fps did drop to 36 - 40 while in the city. It certainly does not make the game unplayable but is a bit annoying. Aside from that, during my 9 hours of play-through I did not encounter any bug. The story is just as interesting if not more compared to the original Dishonoured. The art design and graphics are just breathtaking. The combat and stealth feels refined and refreshed compared to the original with some new powers. The new powers are super useful and make the game very enjoyable. In its current state i would give the game 9/10. Without the technical issues it would've been a 10/10. I have played the original dishonoured like 6 times full stealth and for me dishonoured 2 is everything i wanted from a sequel. Expand
  50. Nov 12, 2016
    I love this game i cant stop playing it. I never had the first one and i didn't want this game at all, but a friend convinced me to get it and i am sooooo happy he did because this is the best game i have ever play every part of this game is memorable and enjoyable there wasn't a moment i was board. The story was interesting and kept me wanting more. I just finished it and i'm going forI love this game i cant stop playing it. I never had the first one and i didn't want this game at all, but a friend convinced me to get it and i am sooooo happy he did because this is the best game i have ever play every part of this game is memorable and enjoyable there wasn't a moment i was board. The story was interesting and kept me wanting more. I just finished it and i'm going for play through two as the empress Emily Kaldwin. There is also apparently different endings depending on if you kill to many people or don't kill them, so that is like four play through i'm never going to be able to get enough of this game. MUST BUY 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  51. Nov 23, 2016
    I wish all these tools would stop down voting a game just because the PC in their mum's basement is too ancient to run a game smoothly. Either that or they're such nerds that anything less than staring at the most dazzling eye candy just isn't acceptable. The amount of time and effort that went into designing the artwork for the game boggles the mind and it's such a fun and immersive titleI wish all these tools would stop down voting a game just because the PC in their mum's basement is too ancient to run a game smoothly. Either that or they're such nerds that anything less than staring at the most dazzling eye candy just isn't acceptable. The amount of time and effort that went into designing the artwork for the game boggles the mind and it's such a fun and immersive title that giving it anything below seven is tantamount to treason Expand
  52. Nov 15, 2016
    Equally encapsulating as the first one, if not more. Currently working on the stealth/no killing achievements and am having as much fun as I did in the first one. The stories are stitched together well and the overall feel of the setting is great. I hear there are performance issues but on my i7 3770k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM on a Vertex 4 I dont have any issues running 1080@60fps (RunningEqually encapsulating as the first one, if not more. Currently working on the stealth/no killing achievements and am having as much fun as I did in the first one. The stories are stitched together well and the overall feel of the setting is great. I hear there are performance issues but on my i7 3770k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM on a Vertex 4 I dont have any issues running 1080@60fps (Running complete Max settings and Windowed Borderless). Expand
  53. Dec 23, 2016
    This game is great. Great story, unique combat it's a good game. Only reason people are giving it terrible scores is becasue of the PC issues. On console, it runs great.
  54. Jan 1, 2017
    This is an excellent game, a masterpiece in fact.

I played on a PC and a laptop both with solid CPUs (i7 intel), Game Cards (Radeon R9 390 8GB; Geforce 1070 8GB), and plenty of memory (32GB and 16GB). I had no frame rate or stuttering problems, and no crashes, but can say that I appreciated the improvements over time in mouse functioning. I am an older gamer (66), a clinical social
    This is an excellent game, a masterpiece in fact.

I am an older gamer (66), a clinical social worker, and an artist. The game is rich and challenging - full of encounters requiring meaningful choices, including morally and psychologically challenging ones; and it is a beautiful work, as well. I did experiment a little with high chaos, and low chaos suits me better. Point: you can play any way you like, and there is enough game there to play every way you like.

I've played through multiple times, as both Corvo and Emily, in 170 hours, preferring the powers of Emily until Game+ was released and then the difference all but disappeared. Game+ gives the player enough powers (runes earned in earlier completed games that can be used after The Streets of Dunmore) to more easily explore the game.

I'm going in again, once more from the top, to see if I can explore every inch of every level in the game.
  55. Nov 5, 2019
    Es un gran sucesor del primero, si te gustó el 1, este igual lo hará, muy rejugable y divertido.
  56. Sep 4, 2019
    Her ne kadar ilk oyunu kadar MÜKEMMEL olmasa da bu oyunda çok güzel.Özellikle atmosfer,geçtiği dönem,mekanikleri ve modellemeleriyle gerçekten çok güzel bir oyun. Ayrıca bu oyunda yeni oynayalabilen karakter olan Emily nin özellikleri Corvo dan daha akıcı ve rahat.
  57. Oct 13, 2019
    I beat Dıshonored 1 for 8 times. The first one ıs a masterpıece. The second game ıs not good as the fırst one but stıll a really remarkable game after all. I lıke ıt so much. The only problem ıs save-load bugs and Voıd Engıne's bad performance.
  58. Aug 10, 2020
    I enjoy playing the game. You can play your own style, like 'ghost' or 'assassin'. Graphics on ultra look still nowadays in 2020 nice.
  59. Feb 11, 2018
    I've seen complaints about bugs and performance. Honestly, I've seen neither. I have a 7 year old PC (I7 2600, 16GB RAM) with a GTX980Ti - the games plays smoothly. To be fair to other reviewers, I played the game in January, 2018, so probably most of issues had already been addressed by then. It's a great environment, the controls are fluid, and the story is satisfying. It's a great gameI've seen complaints about bugs and performance. Honestly, I've seen neither. I have a 7 year old PC (I7 2600, 16GB RAM) with a GTX980Ti - the games plays smoothly. To be fair to other reviewers, I played the game in January, 2018, so probably most of issues had already been addressed by then. It's a great environment, the controls are fluid, and the story is satisfying. It's a great game overall, and I cannot think of any cons, really. Worth every penny. Expand
  60. Aug 9, 2020
    Playing this a few years after the release I'm blown away by how good it is. It oozes atmosphere and improves on all the good things in the first Dishonoured game. There are so many ways to move through the missions and explore the world that it's definitely worth a second play-through. Some of the levels are just pure genius, allowing you to transform the house with machinery or travelPlaying this a few years after the release I'm blown away by how good it is. It oozes atmosphere and improves on all the good things in the first Dishonoured game. There are so many ways to move through the missions and explore the world that it's definitely worth a second play-through. Some of the levels are just pure genius, allowing you to transform the house with machinery or travel back and forth through time to different versions of the house. I know the latter has been done before, but it is really good here. Expand
  61. Nov 29, 2020
    I only played it just recently (~4 years after its release) as I was a bit afraid of the stealth mechanics and the influences of current day politics on its story.

Played to see both characters with both endings and I enjoyed it. The visuals are great, run well on my PC. The no-kill not-detected no-powers run was quite intense. For comparison, I tried to play DH1 again but got bored on my kill-everybody run as it wasn't as fun as sneaking around undetected.

What I'd change is to allow a chapter select and allow each map to be played for the no-kill not-detected style achievements individually, without the need to replay everything from the start. That being said, it was nice I could speedrun most maps to get those last collectibles (most cutscenes and conversations can be skipped).
  62. Dec 3, 2020
    Now that the awful port has been somewhat fixed, this game can finally be truly appreciated for the fantastic piece of art that it is. Performance is better now and the game is absolutely still stunning in 2020. In terms of story, gameplay, graphics and everything else, this game is a HUGE step-up from the first title, which is saying a lot considering Dishonored 1 is one of the bestNow that the awful port has been somewhat fixed, this game can finally be truly appreciated for the fantastic piece of art that it is. Performance is better now and the game is absolutely still stunning in 2020. In terms of story, gameplay, graphics and everything else, this game is a HUGE step-up from the first title, which is saying a lot considering Dishonored 1 is one of the best stealth/immersive sims to be released since thief 2.

If we get Dishonored 3 somehow, i seriously hope the devs pay a little more attention to the PC port because the games reputation was more or less destroyed on release due to the atrocious performance and bugs. Stop doing this to pc ports. This game and those with rigs powerful enough to enjoy it at max settings, deserve so much more than what was delivered with the port of this game.

Just stop. It's fixed now, but that doesnt change the fact it was sold to people broken, its unforgivable. However, the game, as i stated above, is absolutely fantastic and deserves a place in your steam library any day of the week.
  63. sft
    Jan 7, 2021
    More to do in Dunwall

One of the most enjoyable games I've played. It's impressive for so many reasons: visually stunning, highly imaginative, excellent gameplay, satisfying combat, and an absorbing story. There are a few technical issues but otherwise it's quite remarkable. Better all round than the original (which was also excellent). If only all games were as good.
  64. Dec 15, 2016
    Contra:
    1. The second game's plot isn't original - we already saw something similar in the first game.
    Pro: 1. The initial PC version of the game *had* some performance issues, but *now* they're fixed, so the game runs very well even on a middle-end PC on *Ultra* settings. 2. The game looks just *amazing*! I mean it's like Crysis 1 back in 2007 - you just walk around and enjoy the
    Contra:

Pro:
    2. The game looks just *amazing*! I mean it's like Crysis 1 back in 2007 - you just walk around and enjoy the beautiful environment throughout the *huge* levels.
    3. The game play is even more enjoyable than in the first game. As always, you have a lot of options to complete your objectives. I personally prefer a complete stealth (no blood, no see, sometimes even ghost-like), and I've enjoyed both my playthroughs (ATM) very much.
    4. Both protagonists are nicely voiced, and they both talk a lot. Since I'm a devoted Stephen Russell's fan since 1998, I personally prefer to hear Corvo's voice :).
    5. The world around you is alive. The Karnaca's street musicians sing *nice* songs, and the people around hear and applaud them. The City Watch cops whine about their cloths and boots, and even sing sometimes, too :). People at Karnaca's port are doing their own business: fishing, sawing, selling, discussing, looking for job. You can share a coin with beggars, and they can tell something useful in return. You can save an innocent people from the City Watch's tyranny, and they will thank you for this. Also, there is a time travel in the game, and you'll have to change something in the past to reach your goals in the present. My first playthrough took more than 60 hours - isn't that nice?

Bottom line: 9/10. Must have.
  65. May 9, 2018
    First of all, bad things, the game presents some problems in performance with AMD GPUs, 60 fps is an imposible mark, so i recomend you all to cap fps to 30, seems to be made to play at that refresh rate. Actually playing 4k30fps ultra with GTX 1080.

All release bugs and technical problems aside, talking in the artistic, fun, replayeable and history side of the game. This game is a true 9/10. I recomend it to you all for a "Non Benchmarking Experience" just a "Gaming Experience". Hide fps counter, set it to ultra, lock 30 fps and enjoy one of the best single player games with a reasonable Price to buy. SO:

- History is impacting.
    - Game is long enough (around 15h, im slow so it tooks me like 20-25 hours.).
    - There are a lot of ways to achieve an objetive, is like an "open world game" inside a linear single player game, i really like it.
    - Optional objectives are diferent, relevant in the game and fun to complete.
    - 2 characters, 3 way to play (sealth mode, assassin mode, DOOM MODE), diferent ends with an action depending history makes the game 3 or 4 times replayeable. Actually in my third time (DOOM MODE).
    - The artistic part of the game makes the visuals unique, giving us a reason to remember their main characters, the history and the whole world for a long time.
    - The game looks cool in its low-end graphic settings (Consoles uses a mix of low-mid settings).
    - Full customizable dificulty without achievements restriction like "beat the game in hardest dificulty". Fun achievements.
    - Lot of small parallel stories hiding a whole world in text, people talks, enviorement, etc...

I will give him a 10/10 to compensate the "0/10 - I cant launch it, hard fps drops (viruses, dust, etc), crash to dsktop (Temps, etc.), denuvo sucks" and others unjustified and unobjetives reviews. Console players have low-medium settings, with a non-native resolution and 30 fps and they are so happy with the game, why would we be mad with an ultra setting native 1080p-4k and 30 fps. This is not a game to do benchmarks, that's all. This game is actually (2018) a 9/10.
  66. Nov 30, 2018
    I played this game few years after its release, and it seems it no longer has the optimization problems it had before, although it is still very taxing on your hardware, and you can't turn off some graphical settings.
    These aside, it is true masterpiece, like first game in the series, better graphics, great gameplay, darker atmosphere, deep characters and a great plot. Besides, there tons of lore, reading and audio material which are very immersive. It is worth your every penny.
  67. Jun 10, 2019
    When I tried to play this game 2-3 years ago, it was plagued with bugs that prevented me playing it past the first mission. The game was in a bad state. Coming back after these years, I can honestly say that there were no game breaking bugs. Its in the best state it has ever been. Such a pity that it was not like this at launch, as this is a fantastic immersive sim and once you get pulledWhen I tried to play this game 2-3 years ago, it was plagued with bugs that prevented me playing it past the first mission. The game was in a bad state. Coming back after these years, I can honestly say that there were no game breaking bugs. Its in the best state it has ever been. Such a pity that it was not like this at launch, as this is a fantastic immersive sim and once you get pulled in, it reminds you of the good times you had with the first game. To me, the game just got better the longer I played. It is everything I want from an immersive sim. Beautiful environment that feels like its lived in, fantastic mechanics, enjoyable story, great characters. All boxes ticked. Definitely worth your time now, if all you wanted was an experience like the first one or even better. Expand
  68. Jul 25, 2020
    Really, really good game. More difficult that the first one but as enjoyable.
  69. Jul 30, 2020
    Peak of modern immersive sims, Dishonored 2 perfects the formula created by Looking Glass in a magnificent way. Must play.
  70. Sep 23, 2020
    Dishonored 2 is one of the best games of 2016. It is certainly inferior to Uncharted 4 and Deus Ex for the title of game of the year, but for Arkane Studios it is a big step forward. 2 part is an indicative sequel - here literally everything is better than in the original. Magnificent smart stealth, visually one of the best levels in the gaming industry, a normal plot and a correctly setDishonored 2 is one of the best games of 2016. It is certainly inferior to Uncharted 4 and Deus Ex for the title of game of the year, but for Arkane Studios it is a big step forward. 2 part is an indicative sequel - here literally everything is better than in the original. Magnificent smart stealth, visually one of the best levels in the gaming industry, a normal plot and a correctly set motivation of the protagonist. Well-defined game world. The graphics in maximum quality even after 4 years look worthy, optimization now is also worthy, although I am sure there were problems at the release. I am very glad that such talented developers from Arkane Studios are now led by Microsoft. If they are given the creative freedom and financial capabilities of Microsoft, then they will continue to make great games. Expand
  71. May 20, 2018
    Compré "Dishonored" en su Definitive Edition, mucho tiempo antes de jugarlo. Poco tiempo antes de salir "La muerte del Forastero", me decidí a probarlo para ver si me interesaba comprar los dos que todavía no tenía... y me gustó tanto que antes de acabar "El puñal de Dunwall", ya me había comprado la "Dishonored 2" y precomprado el último capítulo de esta saga. Tengo que confesar queCompré "Dishonored" en su Definitive Edition, mucho tiempo antes de jugarlo. Poco tiempo antes de salir "La muerte del Forastero", me decidí a probarlo para ver si me interesaba comprar los dos que todavía no tenía... y me gustó tanto que antes de acabar "El puñal de Dunwall", ya me había comprado la "Dishonored 2" y precomprado el último capítulo de esta saga. Tengo que confesar que tanto la historia de Daud, como la de Billie, son incluso mejores que las "principales" para un servidor. Y no porque las de Corvo y Emily no me parezcan sobresalientes, si no porque, en cierta forma, el corazón de la saga radica un poco más en ellas. Mi voto va a ser el mismo para todas, porque sin duda, disfruté de todas y cada una de ellas, de una manera similar. Expand
  72. Oct 3, 2020
    Excellent game, which is a good heir to the first part.
    The graphics have been improved, added variability and replayability in the face of two different characters, progression in place, the variability of passing and eliminating too.
    Excellent game, which is a good heir to the first part.
    The only thing that didn't make me happy was that the finale was shown to be a little crumpled, when the first part was more and more detailed (when there were no plans to continue I suggest). And the way Korvo brings his daughter to life is too trivial and not impressive
  73. Oct 4, 2019
    Incredibly interesting story. Incredibly stylish surroundings and locations of the game. Incredibly strong atmosphere. Incredibly exciting game-play in terms of character development and choice of what to do in a given situation. Incredibly interesting connection of our World with some other one... Incredibly continuation of the first game.
    One of the masterpieces of the gaming industry.
  74. Mar 19, 2019
    This game in its current form (2019 Steam) playing on i7 - 7700 with a 1080 runs silky smooth.

This is one the more unique FPS games I've had the privilege to play. I love it! Get on it. Deep story, great game mechanics and amazing artwork via the visuals.

LK
  75. Dec 23, 2019
    A successor to the legendary Dishonored doesn't disappoint in any way. Arkane Studios was able to deliver a worthy sequel, that manages to hypnotize just like the previous game. It's a must play for anyone who loves stealth and action games. But don't forget to finish first part and it's dlcs before that. The game has lots of references to the previous part and its dlcs. Pickens approves!
  76. Feb 17, 2021
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME RANK : 9.00 IIIIIIIIII====================
  77. May 8, 2019
    Un juego espectacular en todos sus aspectos, graficos, sonidos, historia, jugabilidad, sin prácticamente bugs (por decir algo, ya que yo no he sufrido ni uno) artisticamente brutal, tiene una estética que recuerda al gran Bioshock, con buena duración y lo mejor, muy rejugable, el diseño de niveles es de lo mejor de la industria, te puedes pasar el juego de mil formas diferentes, si ademasUn juego espectacular en todos sus aspectos, graficos, sonidos, historia, jugabilidad, sin prácticamente bugs (por decir algo, ya que yo no he sufrido ni uno) artisticamente brutal, tiene una estética que recuerda al gran Bioshock, con buena duración y lo mejor, muy rejugable, el diseño de niveles es de lo mejor de la industria, te puedes pasar el juego de mil formas diferentes, si ademas le sumas los poderes y las diferentes armas con su toque rolero, aun tienes mas diversión, ademas las ejecuciones son una delicia, muy a lo mortal kombat, quien no haya jugado a esta saga no se arrepentirá. Expand
  78. Aug 22, 2020
    As for me, we got a worthy sequel, with even more variability and replayability.
    It is an extremely tightly knit product with almost no weak points. Therefore, I definitely recommend to get acquainted.
  79. Apr 9, 2020
    I really appreciate that the game is non-linear and has a rich, believable world.
    Dishonored 2 does away with many of the things I can't stand about AAA titles (or at least lets you turn them off in options menu)
    i play with everything turned off, a clean interface without those abominable objective markers. There are so many directions you can go. So many nooks and crannies.
    There are so many directions you can go. So many nooks and crannies. Exploration is actually usually NOT rewarded, but it helps make the game immersive, like you're wandering in a big city or a big mansion and it isn't some arcade-y treasure hunt where the developers conveniently hide loot for you to find.
    At best you'll find bonecharms which are decent, but not mandatory. The rest if what you find, should you choose to wander about and explore, is only really books and documents that help flesh out the lore and explain the politics of the game world. I read them all and never got bored -- because I was so INTO the game as I'm playing it.
    In modern games I HATE hand-holding and linear gameplay. In Dishonored 2 I didn't have to deal with any of that.
    The art direction, characters and writing is exqusiite.
    All these positives add up to make a game that is very immersive, I am already sucked in after 5 minutes of playing.
    Stealth is drastically harder than just going in and killing everything. You have plenty of gear like mines, grenades, special bolts to easily dispatch enemies. BUT the most effective thing about this game is that you truly feel guilty if you spill too much blood. Just something about it . I felt bad about killing enemies and doing things the messy way. Getting through an area cleanly and stealthily was more rewarding, without needing any artificial in-game rewards.
    The sense of reward is the accomplishment of objectives -- the mark of a great game. And if you do it the dirty, bloody way, not so rewarding but you still got 'er done!
    I love games that are versatile, non-linear and immersive and Dishonored 2 delivers on those three critical aspects.
  80. Feb 26, 2020
    A decent follow up to the original. Poor performance and lack of innovation hold this title back.
  81. Aug 20, 2020
    Another masterpiece of Arkane Studio. Every last game originated by Arkanes (Prey, Dishonored) is my favourite due to original stylized world (characters, environment), authentic paintings, stories laid around nearly each room (also poetry), soundtrack, controls and of course story. Of course it looks like end of story was pushed forward in Dishonored 2, maybe because of deadlines, butAnother masterpiece of Arkane Studio. Every last game originated by Arkanes (Prey, Dishonored) is my favourite due to original stylized world (characters, environment), authentic paintings, stories laid around nearly each room (also poetry), soundtrack, controls and of course story. Of course it looks like end of story was pushed forward in Dishonored 2, maybe because of deadlines, but that does not kill mood of the game and it is still became one of the most enjoyable games Expand
  82. Dec 20, 2020
    A great sequel! I regretted a bit that in the first part I didn't take advantage of the battle possibilities of the game as I went through the whole thing stealth. I finished Deus Ex MD sneaking, so I decided to play the next game chopping everything on my way and only helping myself with stealth. I was a bit afraid that the game might lose, but nothing like that happened. I don't likeA great sequel! I regretted a bit that in the first part I didn't take advantage of the battle possibilities of the game as I went through the whole thing stealth. I finished Deus Ex MD sneaking, so I decided to play the next game chopping everything on my way and only helping myself with stealth. I was a bit afraid that the game might lose, but nothing like that happened. I don't like explore and seek for items games - so I'm glad that here this element is simple and fun enough. The possibilities of developing the hero for magic / battle skills are also great! You have to play the game again in a while! Who liked the first part will love the second one! Expand
  83. Apr 15, 2020
    Нормальный сиквел, которому есть, что рассказать и показать. Отличный дизайн, просто вкуснятина.
  84. Jul 7, 2020
    Шикарная игра с паршивой оптимизацией, даже на 2070 s это ощущается ( фпс может падать со 120 вплоть до 60 ), при том , что графика ну весьма средняя. Все остальное почти идеально ( кроме диалогов, они весьма пресные )
  85. Jan 3, 2021
    Disregarding the launch state of the game - this is a near impeccable game, brimming with care of it's creators and their craftsmanship. Dishonored 2 is left with little to no problems of it's predecessor, while keeping to itself all of the qualities that made the original Dishonored great and memorable - it's world, it's style, it's unique gameplay and it's characters. This is a rare typeDisregarding the launch state of the game - this is a near impeccable game, brimming with care of it's creators and their craftsmanship. Dishonored 2 is left with little to no problems of it's predecessor, while keeping to itself all of the qualities that made the original Dishonored great and memorable - it's world, it's style, it's unique gameplay and it's characters. This is a rare type of games where the "goods" are so good that it's exceedingly hard to point out actual flaws and problems with it, even though they *probably* exist. Everyone should try it out, especially the fans of the original game Expand
  86. Jun 29, 2020
    This feels like the first game for the most part except the fact that it became more grindy. Luckily they improved on the story somewhat.
  87. Jun 6, 2020
    Great like the first one. Has a very nice look to it .
  88. Jul 12, 2020
    This game is the peak of stealth in video games, currently (2020) there is nothing that comes close to depth, diversity, politeness and fun (in stealth games, of course).

His gameplay is a stealth FPS with some powers raised to the extreme. The possibilities for how to pass each stage are immense. The difficulty ends up wanting, especially towards the end because the player is smarter, more experienced and has more skills but the challenge is not much greater.

The graphics and artstyle of this game are great and go well with its history, combat and so on.

The story is good enough. Nothing very complex, well developed or full of twists but it fits well in this game and is directly affected by its style of gameplay, something that I found very interesting. This generates multiple endings, they are very diverse and generate gameplay replayability.

The soundtrack is very bad and adds almost nothing.
  89. Nov 1, 2020
    Игра заслуживает внимания!

Игра заслуживает внимания!

Знаете, часто бывает что фанаты какой-нибудь игры ждут продолжения своей любимой франшизы, с нетерпением кусают ногти в ожидании релиза новой части, и когда она выходит, игру накрывает шквал гневных комментариев, мол они убили их любимого героя, антагонист не имеет мотивации, в игре поменяли движок, герой стал менее цепляющим, ну и все в этом духе. Что ж, этот сиквел доказывает совершенно противоположное, игра осталась тем же Dishonored, и изменения коснулись разве что графики и локаций, так же в связи с тем что в начале игры можно выбрать прохождение за Корво или за Эмили, список умений возрастает в 2 раза, у Корво те же что и были с небольшими бонусами, а у Эмили совершенно другие, так же дается возможность играть вообще без магических умений, но тогда теряется тот кураж задуманный разработчиками. В игре появилось уйма доп. заданий на каждой локации, которые не просто в стиле подай/принеси/убей, а с целыми сюжетными линиями и раскрытием персонажей на высоком уровне. И хотелось бы отметить, на сколько же мир привязан к действиям игрока, каждое ваше решение, может всплыть боком в последующей локации, или вы хотя бы услышите о своих деяниях, это дает неистовую мотивацию исследовать мир и выполнять каждое мелкое дельце.
    Так же у игры есть дополнение в виде отдельной игры Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, прекрасное дополнение уже окончательно разъясняющее весь сюжет игры, и шедеврально раскрывает вселенную сиквела.

Спасибо за прочтение моего обзора!
    Играйте только в хорошие игры)
  90. Dec 20, 2020
    Dishonored 1 and Dishonored 2 is a Good Game , gameplay, corvo , emily , chaos system ... Nice
  91. Nov 17, 2020
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Good Game llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  92. Jan 1, 2021
    A great stealth FPS experience.

- Gameplay - If you've played Dishonored 1, you can expect the same type of gameplay here. You can go about it stealth or full on combat. You can spare everyone, or kill everyone. Your choice. There are a whole new set of powers to play with this time with an entirely new protagonist, Emily. Or you can go about it as Corvo, if you fancy the OG abilities
    A great stealth FPS experience.

- Gameplay -
    If you've played Dishonored 1, you can expect the same type of gameplay here. You can go about it stealth or full on combat. You can spare everyone, or kill everyone. Your choice. There are a whole new set of powers to play with this time with an entirely new protagonist, Emily. Or you can go about it as Corvo, if you fancy the OG abilities more. She has powers that have similar functions as Corvo's, but are quite different in applications. You can turn into a shadow to scout and by pass, instead of possessing mice. You can summon a spirit to distract enemies, etc. All these powers give you creative options when approaching a difficult situation.

There is one gripe I have about the stealth. Sometimes it's absolutely impossible to see an enemy because their model colors are so in tune with the background, to the point where they are completely camouflaged even when they are just standing a few meters away. It doesn't help that once an enemy catches a tiny glimpse of you, the detection meter fills extremely quick and there's rarely enough time to jump to cover. But when you do manage to stealth past an entire area, it's very satisfying.

There is one area that single handedly boosted my rating from a 7 to an 8. That'd be the dust district. In this area, you're given a very very fun tool. This tool allows you to see the area as it was in the past. I've seen it ever implemented in one other game, Bioshock Infinite. But Dishonored 2 perfected it. The way you could solve puzzles and get past areas using this device was a unique experience that I've NEVER tried. It was truly mindblowingly creative. If they implemented this tool in more areas, that'd would have been epic. The devs who designed this gadget and applied it in-game deserve awards.

There are a bunch runes and bonecharms to collect which all act as upgrades for your abilities. Going about these side ventures require more stealthing, which is fun, as the game does it well.

- Narrative -
    Dishonored has an interesting story and a protagonist you want to fight for. Based on how merciful you are to your enemies throughout the game, the ending will vary and the characters will treat you differently. This has always been a staple of Dishonored, which is a huge positive. The characters have unique personalities, and it's interesting to see their motives. The game makes you want to know who the next antagonist is, and how they tie in with the main story.

- Visuals & Sounds -
    The game looks great. A very dull and steampunk atmosphere gives the game a unique feel. The facial expressions are mediocre. They can be improved as most of characters in cutscenes feel robotic.

- Replay value -
    There's only a new game plus, where you get the chance to use Corvo's and Emily's abilities in the same playthrough. But nothing more than that.

Thanks for reading.
  93. Feb 14, 2021
    Эх, как же мне понравилась эта игра. Жаль что не смог пройти, на геймпаде для меня эта игра оказалась сложной.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 40 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 7, 2017
    Dishonored 2 is bigger and better than its forbearer, with greater variety of level design and even more flexible gameplay. It is a shame the central narrative isn’t more engaging and that the sequel is haunted by technical deficiencies.
  2. CD-Action
    Jan 13, 2017
    Dishonored 2 exists to make you feel good. It gives you a lot of freedom in accomplishing your goals and keeps your adrenaline level constantly elevated. It’s a shame that it failed to shake off the original game’s drawbacks and is not as stylish. [01/2017, p.38]
  3. Jan 1, 2017
    Weak story notwithstanding, Arkane Studios has again delivered a truly excellent stealth action game. [Issue#258, p.53]