6.9

1. Nov 10, 2021
    Rated 0 because literally unplayable and thus there is nothing to rate. Can drive about 5 meters from garage until game just closes itself. Sometimes do not even get that far. No error no nothing just closes itself. And then company is saying close this and this application. First off I don't have any of those programs listed in their suggested list and secondly when I purchase a productRated 0 because literally unplayable and thus there is nothing to rate. Can drive about 5 meters from garage until game just closes itself. Sometimes do not even get that far. No error no nothing just closes itself. And then company is saying close this and this application. First off I don't have any of those programs listed in their suggested list and secondly when I purchase a product then I expect it to work and not that I have to start figuring out how to trick the game to run properly and without crashing. On a PC if a Xbox game studios game is supposed to start working for some people while Windows Defender, Xbox app or other MS applications have to be closed then there is something really really bad... Maybe try to optimise your games first before releasing? Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2021
    This is just so bad...

This is just so bad...

So disappointing It might even almost rival Cyberpunk 2077 at this point. I am beyond words. I never thought I would give a Forza Horizon, my favorite driving franchise a 1 out of 5 only because you can kind of play with a controller with ton's of disconnected and crash but still you can or I would have given a zero. I bought a Logitech g923 (that is list in their support list of wheels) with shifter and a TV just to play this game to find out I paid for an early access I never got to play all because the wheel just do not work at all, the constant disconnection make you unable to play with friends, the constant crash to desktop and lack, lack, lack and lack of communication.

As of today November 10th there is still no patch to fix all the problems that make you unable to play the game and since the Early access we only get this tweet;

Forza Support
    @forza_support
    We are expecting a Hotfix to drop later this week that will address multiple crash, wheel and connection issues for #ForzaHorizon5 We will update as soon as its live!

The game has gone gold for a month and we paid for it and to play since November 5th. Look at the list of bugs you cannot tell me they have done their job! No instead they use us the buyer like if we were working for them to test and find their bugs so they can fix it. I'm sorry but we do not work for you, we are not your tester this is shameful. Early Access is not a Closed beta it's a release and they failed.

List of known issues since the early access:

I think one of the worse thing they ask us to do to fix their OWN bugs is to literally uninstall or disable tons of every day used and important program that can keep you safe and make your computer hardware and software work like "logitech Hub, discord, obs, antivirus" !

Next time are they gonna ask us to uninstall Windows or other company games because it interfere with their game!? What kind of fix is this?

I'm sorry Playground games, I love your games but this is terrible... especially the lack of communication. If this is how you care about your fans and buyers I'm doubtful I'll get any of your upcoming games.

Until then,

Prove me wrong, give me faith?
  3. Nov 26, 2021
    Forza Horizon 5, like Forza Horizon 4 before, is the best arcade racing game right now. However, this game bring so much improvement like graphics (Which is amazing) better car handling overall and the world of Mexico is so gorgeous and had a lot of variety (the world giving me some FH3 vibe), much better than Forza Horizon 4 flat Britain.

However, there's someplace that this game that

However, there's someplace that this game that dissapoint me a bit, and that is soundtrack, idk but the music in this game a little weaker than FH4 (although there's some good music too).

From performance perspective, this game running smoothly on my laptop (i5 7300H, GTX 1050 4GB VRAM, 8GB Ram) with combined medium and low setting i can get stable 60fps, although this game really need SSD because the loading in this game take a very long time if you play this game on HDD.

Now on to the bad stuff :
    First, like i mention above, the soundtrack is a bit weaker than FH4

Second, There's connection problem in this game, in freeroam i usually get disconnect suddenly so often but this problem has been patched but still can get disconnect but not as often than before.

Third, still kinda connect to the second bad stuff above, when playing open racing online there's also some connection problem? idk. Because sometimes when i start a race, other racer is just standing still at the start line and not moving at all, but after i cross the finish line i finish 2nd place, WHAT??

Fourth is probably performance, as stated above i don't really have performance problem, but this game need SSD due to long loading (my friend also have low streaming bandwith due to using HDD too).

Fifth is the removal of ranked race, i mean come on. I play hundreds of hours of FH4 because the ranked is really fun and competitive unlike the quick match that just the place for trolling. (This is just my personal opinion so don't hate me please).

Overall this game is still the best arcade racing game right now, but probably like others that already review this game before me, this game is too much like FH4 and i agree but i don't care because i love this game so much and this game will become my primary racing game for years to come.
  4. Nov 29, 2021
    The game is boring and same old, uninstalled already and I regret my purchase.
  5. Nov 29, 2021
    По мимо того что в игре ни чего нового не появилось, так они ещё не фиксят баги, зато банят пользователей за родную фигню, у примеру одного забанили за то что он рисовал красивые винилы с девушками, мне вообще не понятно что в этом такогоПо мимо того что в игре ни чего нового не появилось, так они ещё не фиксят баги, зато банят пользователей за родную фигню, у примеру одного забанили за то что он рисовал красивые винилы с девушками, мне вообще не понятно что в этом такого
  6. Nov 13, 2021
    I love the forza horizon series yet I can't recommend this game to anyone in its current state. They somehow made online worse than FH4 with constant stutters and players disappearing when you go near them or it just plain disconnects you from the servers.

The optimization is nowhere as good as FH4 and if you are planning on playing the game with a steering wheel think twice. The game is probably not going to detect your wheel and you'll have to play with an xbox controller like me.

At least the devs have adressed the issues and promised fixing them.
  7. Nov 29, 2021
    Скучная, неинтересная карта, у каждого биома только один цвет, множество багов и цензура разрабов, уже столько времени прошло, а ни одну из проблем с оптимизацией не починили.
  8. Nov 17, 2021
    Forza 5 is near limitless fun without direction,the only issue i have with the game is a lack of clear progression.
  9. Nov 19, 2021
    Gráficos maravilhosos, mas ainda há a sensação de repetitividade da franquia… Ainda há necessidade de adicionar modos de jogo que enriqueçam a experiência e que deixe menos repetitivo.
  10. Nov 18, 2021
    Seems fun and pretty but basically the same as FH4 with different scenery. These bland racing games aren't really for me though so you might like it more. I'd like to see VR support since playing Cars in VR is way more exciting then this brand new game on a flat monitor.
  11. Nov 19, 2021
    This game is much better than forza horizon 4 and if you are a true car enthusiast, this game is nearly a dream come true. All these morons giving the game a 0 or a 1 saying its exactly the same clearly didnt play horizon 4 that much because if you did you would instantly realize how much better this game is than horizon 4. First of all the engine and exhaust sounds for the cars have beenThis game is much better than forza horizon 4 and if you are a true car enthusiast, this game is nearly a dream come true. All these morons giving the game a 0 or a 1 saying its exactly the same clearly didnt play horizon 4 that much because if you did you would instantly realize how much better this game is than horizon 4. First of all the engine and exhaust sounds for the cars have been improved so drastically. The driving mechanics are also much improved and feels a little but more like forza motorsport, which is a good thing. Going fast in this game actually feels like you are going fast unlike in horizon 4 where going 200 mph and 100 mph felt exactly the same. Also the map is much better than horizon 4s boring map of the UK. Horizon 5’s Mexico is much more varied in terms of environment and it looks a hell of a lot better too. The game overall is nearly flawless, however there are issues that need to be fixed asap. The biggest issue at the moment is the connection issues this game keeps having. There are also a lot of glitches and bugs in the game that need to be fixed. Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2021
    Good game, but looking like a Forza 4. Nothing new. Mb in Forza 6 will be good
  13. Nov 18, 2021
    Forza Horizon 5 is finally here! Played it on two systems. A PC with a Ryzen 7 3700X and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR. Graphics settings were configured with the Ultra preset. The other one was a laptop with an Intel Core i7-10750H and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q. One notable thing about the install on the laptop was that I installed it on a spinning hard drive.
    The game
    The game performed fantastically, excepting of course for the connectivity issues surrounding the launch. I will not dock points for that because the game is still playable in offline mode and it's something I saw coming with the 4.5 million players at launch.
    The visuals look stunning and managed to maintain a rock solid 60FPS during normal gameplay on my PC.
    The game really performs best at higher settings if you play with an SSD. I ran into the Low Streaming Bandwidth issue twice during the opening drive when running at High on my laptop.
    The controls are responsive and don't need too many micro adjustments when steering compared to its predecessor.
    I look forward to seeing how well Playground Games will do with the new Fable game.
  14. Nov 15, 2021
    The FH5 is a good game but I personally don't like the driving very much and less realistic than the FH4. Personally, I like the FH4 better
  15. Nov 25, 2021
    As someone who enjoyed Forza Horizon 3 but never managed to get into Forza Horizon 4, maybe due to the locale, I was ready to trash this game. But despite the inevitable eyerolling woke tropes, this game really hits the spot.

The locale is beautiful, particularly the dramatic elevation changes, the sounds are massively improved, including changes to the sound when upgrading exhausts, and the physics feel meatier and more realistic. The graphics are also noticeably better, which I didn't think would be possible, though the increased demand on the system is proportionally higher. A 1080ti can get you a smooth above-60fps experience on mostly maxed out settings. I did note that all 16 threads on my 3700x are quite active throughout, so I'm not sure what performance is like with fewer threads. Also, if you're not using an SSD, your loading times and ingame texture streaming are likely going to suffer.

Never tested the online here, which appears to be where the bulk of the complaints are coming from, but I haven't experienced any bugs and maybe just one crash.

Basically, the driving itself is a joy, the music has some nice bangers and plenty of variety, and while all the different events, which lack narrative direction, can get a little overwhelming, it will provide you with countless hours of entertainment.
  16. Nov 27, 2021
    Graphics are incredible, the gameplay is smooth, clean and satisfying, there is a huge variety of cars, missions, mission types, the game rewards you all the time without feeling overrewarding the community is even better with more people coming together to race, drift, have an incredible time, it has so much content and we are in the first month of the game more cars more mods more thingGraphics are incredible, the gameplay is smooth, clean and satisfying, there is a huge variety of cars, missions, mission types, the game rewards you all the time without feeling overrewarding the community is even better with more people coming together to race, drift, have an incredible time, it has so much content and we are in the first month of the game more cars more mods more thing are sure to come, it has so much freedom that you can be lvl20 and get the best cars (if you are lucky), overall a great game and one of my personal favorite. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2021
    Fantastic graphics, amazing landscapes, and if you spend some time tweaking the graphics settings you can get a lot out from it. And of course, the gameplay slaps as always. Laptop ryzen 7 5800 HS, rtx 3060 ti
  18. Nov 20, 2021
    It's really nice to see Xbox finally winning again (and PC wins anyway, because PC gets all Xbox and Playstation games). But Forza Horizon is amazing racing game, one of the best, if not the best. It has DeLorean, what else do you want? Amazing graphics, even better than FH4. Open World makes Forza stand out from all the other racing games. Also, over 530 cars. Xbox is clearly on topIt's really nice to see Xbox finally winning again (and PC wins anyway, because PC gets all Xbox and Playstation games). But Forza Horizon is amazing racing game, one of the best, if not the best. It has DeLorean, what else do you want? Amazing graphics, even better than FH4. Open World makes Forza stand out from all the other racing games. Also, over 530 cars. Xbox is clearly on top again, because PS5 has absolutely no games until like February 2022. Halo Infinite Multiplayer is amazing and it's easily best shooter of 2021, both BF and COD look like jokes compared to it. Can't wait for Halo campaign in December. Good times! Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2021
    Lmao Playstation losers have nothing to play for next 3 months, so they are trying to review bomb this masterpiece. Well too bad, because it's not working. It had over 8 million players already on it's first week. Xbox wins. The end.
  20. Nov 23, 2021
    Better than Forza 4. More impressive graphics, better locations/map, comfortable roads, few fresh good ideas. Less realistic than 4, and same problems.
    Problem 1: gifts - my rule is "catch them all" and u give me lot of gifts, lotteries, cars to get from achievements which should be sold to some AI.
    Problem 2: poor car filters and no tags when are needed. Problem 3: traction at race
    Problem 2: poor car filters and no tags when are needed.
    Problem 3: traction at race start - i don't see any counting - only "start" and usually every car starts better.
    Problem 4: long animations of for visiting house. I wish i could skip it. Its beauty first few times, rest are annoying. Also "X-box" and "Microsoft" advertising at game launch could be skipped or there is no loading progress. U show me "how great u are" but it has opposite effect. House animation at the beach is buggy.
    Problem 5: not enough preview options when searching car paint projects. I'm using usually hood view - and they are too pixelated.
    Problem 6 - auctions usually dont work and as usual i dont know if i have already some car
    Problem 7 - force feedback isnt turning off when im turning on menu
    Problem 8 - there should be automatic gearbox with manual reverse gear.
    Problem 9 - when plan to do something u force me to choose next horizon event upgrade or kill my gps target becouse of pink multiplayer event. Sometimes also text/points covers view when turning left.
    Problem MsStore: installation with MsStore its so terrible - buggy. Game library and uninstall so hidden - but its not about the game. As for me with functionality MsStore is still behind Origin and maybe behind PsStore - they are at the end of my list. Maybe u need every player with x-box game pass or Steam.
  21. Nov 14, 2021
    O game é incrível, a ambientação é muito viva e eu amo tudo o que o jogo tem a oferecer. Por mais que não tenha aquela evolução gritante de conteúdo que nem foi do 3 pro 4, a evolução e adição que teve dos conteúdos foi bastante boa na minha opinião, a aventura Horizon é algo bem satisfatório de se jogar. Tirando isso, não dou nota 9 ou 10 por causa dos bugs que eu tive em questão deO game é incrível, a ambientação é muito viva e eu amo tudo o que o jogo tem a oferecer. Por mais que não tenha aquela evolução gritante de conteúdo que nem foi do 3 pro 4, a evolução e adição que teve dos conteúdos foi bastante boa na minha opinião, a aventura Horizon é algo bem satisfatório de se jogar. Tirando isso, não dou nota 9 ou 10 por causa dos bugs que eu tive em questão de performance no PC por estar rodando o jogo em um HD. Não posso correr muito rápido se não as texturas simplesmente param de carregar por completo e etc., Além de dar alguns sttuters mesmo tendo um PC relativamente decente pra rodar o jogo, um i3 de décima geração com uma GTX 1650 GDDR6 e 16gb de ram ddr4.Tirando isso, é um jogo incrível na minha opinião Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2021
    Best racing game 2021, amazing sound, visuals and gameplay. Runs great on my PC at extreme settings. The detail in the cars and landscapes is amazing
  23. Nov 15, 2021
    SIMPLEMENTE MAGNÍFICO, no es un juego perfecto obviamente pero cumple con creces lo que se esperaba de la 5ta entrega de Forza Horizon.
    (SI ESTAS PENSANDO EN COMPRARTE ESTE JUEGO, HÁZLO NO LE HAGAS CASO A LAS MALAS CRITICAS DE LOS FANBOYS DE PLAYSTATION) Estoy seguro que si buscas un juego de carreras divertido, con buen gameplay Y en el que puedas pasar horas sin aburrirte Forza Horizon 5 es el juego perfecto para ti.
  24. Nov 17, 2021
    This game is FAR from finished. No matter what car you use, the AI is much faster, has infinite grip when taking turns at high speed, and turns unrealistically. Also, the optimization is probably worse than Horizon 3. Then, there's the random bugs that bring your car down from 200 mph to 0 in a blink. Besides that, it's the same Forza formula that you're well accustom to by now.
  25. Nov 19, 2021
    Game is graphically amazing everything looks great and the settings are decent when it comes to maxing out graphic fidelity on PC. I have heard there are a lot of bugs but so far I haven't encountered any that are game breaking (couple of graphical glitches here and there) but the game has ridiculous load times if not played on an SSD. I had to uninstall the 100gb game from my HDD andGame is graphically amazing everything looks great and the settings are decent when it comes to maxing out graphic fidelity on PC. I have heard there are a lot of bugs but so far I haven't encountered any that are game breaking (couple of graphical glitches here and there) but the game has ridiculous load times if not played on an SSD. I had to uninstall the 100gb game from my HDD and reinstall it to the SSD. Overall great fun but I can see it getting repetitive over time and perhaps a lackluster PC port Expand
  26. Nov 26, 2021
    Радио так себе, выключаю его.
    Игра супер, провёл уже 80+ часов, и не собираюсь останавливаться.
    Чуть больше дали в тюнинге, а звук VTEC всё такоей же ужасный... Где VTEC ??????? Я хонду атмосферную беру ради VTEC!!! Вы же там звуки записывали... вы слышали на YouTube видео, как орёт Хонда когда включается VTEC... почему в игре не чуствуется как включаются дополнительные кулочки...
    Радио так себе, выключаю его.
    Игра супер, провёл уже 80+ часов, и не собираюсь останавливаться.
  27. Nov 28, 2021
    Great game. Just ignore all the negative reviews, these are just Playstation losers who are angry because nobody likes their garbage last of us part 2, but everyone loves and Forza Horizon 5 (over 8 million players on first week) and Halo Infinite Multiplayer is most popular shooter of 2021 and also seems to have amazing story. Playstation has literally zero games until February 18, 2022.Great game. Just ignore all the negative reviews, these are just Playstation losers who are angry because nobody likes their garbage last of us part 2, but everyone loves and Forza Horizon 5 (over 8 million players on first week) and Halo Infinite Multiplayer is most popular shooter of 2021 and also seems to have amazing story. Playstation has literally zero games until February 18, 2022. Xbox and PC won, the end :) Expand
  28. Nov 28, 2021
    One of the best (if not best) racing video games of all time. Phenomenal graphics (yes it actually looks better than 4). Over 500 solid cars. DeLorean, i think it even has this Knight Rider car, lots of Lambos, etc. Amazing huge map to drive around and have fun, story missions are nothing special, but they are there, if you get bored of driving around, good music (Hospital Records).
  29. Nov 10, 2021
    For now i give a 0. But this game can become a hero. Just embarrassing that they release a game in the state it is in right now. So many crashes. Do the not test enough or do they not care?
  30. Nov 12, 2021
    A lot of bugs, crashing, DRAW DISTANCE IS PATHETHIC, im not recommending this pile of trash, on PC this game is just bad.
  31. Nov 12, 2021
    I've played all Forza games and Horizon 2 is still the best one. This adds a few improvements as in engine sounds and graphics but that's about it. It has a lot of bugs, Convoys with friends doesn't work, I cannot change bumpers without the game crashing, if speeding, the car tends to stop at a halt, weather is glitching all the time and a lot more bugs. I've reported some bugs onI've played all Forza games and Horizon 2 is still the best one. This adds a few improvements as in engine sounds and graphics but that's about it. It has a lot of bugs, Convoys with friends doesn't work, I cannot change bumpers without the game crashing, if speeding, the car tends to stop at a halt, weather is glitching all the time and a lot more bugs. I've reported some bugs on Forzamotorsport.net but nobody is rushing to respond. If you still have Forza Horizon 2, trust me, you won't be missing anything. Expand
  32. Nov 10, 2021
    First of all, I wanted to point out that I'm tired of seeing these 9/10 grades from game publishers. Are these articles written for blind people?
    First of all it's all good old slightly naive Forza. Although it's still nice to play, but it's too expensive because it's literally an addon to FH4. On the plus side the map is bigger and more diverse. Also the new car sounds are not bad, although still far from realistic. Unfortunately that's about it, as everything else you could see at FH4. On the negative side, there are almost no new cars and some old ones are missing (hello alpha fans). Car physics now is even more arcade-like, hypercars can easily go 200+kph offroad and you don't even need to steer.There are problems with the graphics on the PC, even on ultra very low rendering range. Personally, I think the cars look worse than in FH4. They've become more plastic, maybe it's the reflections. I've heard about the crashing problems, but it didn't affect me. I play on a gamepad, so I haven't had any problems connecting the steering wheels either. But these technical problems annoy many people and can say that the game released raw.
    My opinion is that in its current form this game can get a maximum rating of 4.5 / 10.
  33. Nov 10, 2021
    Spend three years for nothing, nothing new again. Game absolutely not changed from fh3, just different map for full price
  34. Nov 10, 2021
    Can't even get past the opening mission without it crashing! So infuriating, I have attempted it 7 times and every time I try, there are various issues wrong with every single run. No controller vibration and then it crashes. The next run has no sound, and then it crashes. The 3rd run is so bright to the point where I can't see a thing. Thus drives me CRAZY.
  35. Nov 12, 2021
    If you new to the franchise - you're in for a treat. If you played at least FH4 - you'd get just a big DLC with pretty much nothing new. Customization is the same, the "special events" feel the same. Plus horrible disconnect issues, freezes, bugs, ai rubber banding and AI denying any known laws of physics
  36. Nov 14, 2021
    I give it a 3 because I feel sick playing the same game but with better graphics, we can't lie to each other its just Forza Horizon 4 but with slightly better graphics and with a new menu, and the gameplay is the same
  37. Nov 13, 2021
    Story is cringe like the others but if you ignore it and just play for the races and car customization you should be pretty satisfied.
  38. Nov 10, 2021
    It's the same cringe-fest as Horizon 3 and 4. Sounds are better but still not as good as in Horizon 2. The gameplay is as arcade and as primitive as it was in 3 and 4. There is no innovation since Horizon 2 which was a really great game. It's sad to see all these reviewers giving it 9-10 ratings. It's like if the game was brainwashing people. And I don't even consider all technical issuesIt's the same cringe-fest as Horizon 3 and 4. Sounds are better but still not as good as in Horizon 2. The gameplay is as arcade and as primitive as it was in 3 and 4. There is no innovation since Horizon 2 which was a really great game. It's sad to see all these reviewers giving it 9-10 ratings. It's like if the game was brainwashing people. And I don't even consider all technical issues with the pc version. Expand
  39. Nov 14, 2021
    Basically the same game as Forza Horizon 4. I do not see any differences except that now is Mexic not UK. Even menu is the same. For me this game is like dlc.
  40. Nov 12, 2021
  41. Nov 12, 2021
    Un jeu avec une physique de 2007, un système de multijoueur en ligne qui ne fonctionne pas et de nombreux bugs handicapants qui vont grandement nuire aux points positifs du jeu (voiture qui se stoppe net, murs invisibles, passages sous map...) ou alors le système de dégâts sur le véhicule qui pue littéralement la merde.

Mais c'est aussi un jeu avec de très beaux graphismes, un système

Mais c'est aussi un jeu avec de très beaux graphismes, un système de conduite agréable et se rapprochant de la simulation de conduite plus que du jeu de course.
    On est plongé dans un Mexique parfaitement retranscrit au niveau des décors et de l'ambiance générale du jeu.

Bref le jeu est beau et le gameplay agréable mais sinon va falloir le fuir à cause des bugs et du multijoueur qui est rincé.
  42. Nov 10, 2021
    Game crashes every time when the playground games logo is highlighted. Payed full price for it to play game with friends and all i can do is wait for the fix. Poor performance on pc. I am very disappointed.
  43. Nov 11, 2021
    The game is probably the best Forza there ever was and will be for quite some time now. Scratch that, one of the best racers ever* is what I meant. But still, as great of a job the designers and the artists did with this game can't save it from the terrible job the engineers managed to vomit when making sure this game actually runs on a computer that isn't used exclusively just for playingThe game is probably the best Forza there ever was and will be for quite some time now. Scratch that, one of the best racers ever* is what I meant. But still, as great of a job the designers and the artists did with this game can't save it from the terrible job the engineers managed to vomit when making sure this game actually runs on a computer that isn't used exclusively just for playing Forza Horizon 5. Now maybe I am wrong and they just didn't have time to finish optimising and testing it which I could believe if I am being honest but until they fix these issues and don't require that you start your computer in safe mode just to run a video game then I am not going to recommend it to anyone no matter how pretty it looks and how good it feels... Cause they won't be able to play it anyway. Thanks, Playground Games, very cool! Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2021
    Game is good, but it is unplayable and the amount of problems is abysmal.

Game is good, but it is unplayable and the amount of problems is abysmal.

Game randomly crashes, online disconections, huge loading times (pretty much everything has a loading screen) stuck in loading screen for 10 minutes straight, sometimes game freezes for 5-20 seconds if you are driving faster than the map can render making the car ruberband (even on single player), can't mute players in online and the game (Very smart developer team) automatically puts your mic open by default so you have to race 10 minutes with somebody with a 1$ microphone permanently open. Car glitches, popping textures, going out of bounds, car randomly stoping while driving at 300+km/h ... the list keeps going.
  45. Nov 12, 2021
    Flat out not worth it this time around. Forza Horizon 5 is absolutely gorgeous, it boasts a nice map full of beautiful vistas with varying environments and biomes, it has the same style of arcade racing that you're used to, and the car list, while not expanded too much, is still a very long and generous list with every detail on the exterior and interior included.

Problem is, this game

Problem is, this game has nothing to differentiate itself from the last 3 entries. There is no new hook or feature to sell this one beyond the fact that it is in a different location, and while Mexico looks great in this game, I don't find it particularly interesting as the setting. Everyone wanted this to take place in Japan (Tokyo) and I think that would have been the right move, personally.

The same issues I had with previous Horizons are still prevalent in this game, and they are simply that there is no sense of progression, everyone has an incredible car near the beginning of the campaign, I miss the days of starting with a junker and actually having to work your way up, there is none of that in this game, it is mostly instant gratification, throwing cars at the player left and right, some of which come through the terrible casino-style wheel spin mechanic.

Clothing and emotes are just unnecessary, it feels like FH5 is trying to be like modern NFS or the old Test Drive games and it manages to be neither. This also includes masks, because there is nothing better than living your pandemic virtually as well, and muzzling your character in game so they don't spread the virtual virus. Smh.

The inclusion of gender pronoun ideology and identity is just plain moronic, and is not something that should have been included in the game because introducing these awful concepts to children who want to play a racing game is borderline indoctrination. Keep your misguided politics to yourself. You do not need to pander to people looking to buy an arcade racer. Also, the amount of prosthetics feels like some sort of weird amputee fetishist's wet dream, and I am sure that community was clamouring for this as well.

The characters in this game are all annoying, they are the same rehashed personalities of characters from previous games and adding voiced dialogue for our created character seems utterly pointless. Plus they are all incredibly ugly looking, and seem to be more "diverse" this time around. Are there no white males in Mexico? Weird.

There are also several issues on PC that are making it much harder to enjoy the game at all. Constant frame drops related to GPU usage, a couple crashes, bugs causing the terrain to show pixelated squares and discolouration, co-op connection and syncing issues, draw distance issues, these are some of the reoccurring problems for me, (and others apparently) and while I know they will fix and patch them over time, this is the product that was released and there is no excuse for these quality issues from AAA developers.

+ Gorgeous graphics
    + Extensive car list
    + Obsession to detail with cars
    + Environments and Biomes are well done

- Same old horizon
    - Poor soundtrack
    - No meaningful progression
    - Clothes and emotes in a car game
    - Frame drops
    - Crashes
    - Draw distance issues
    - Connection/syncing issues
    - Co-op doesn't work properly
    - Gender ideology/pandering in a racing game open to kids
    - Need to splash $150 for the full experience
    - Voiced characters are annoying and they look awful
    - Online load times are atrocious

Overall, the core of Horizon is still here; big sprawling map, gorgeous graphics, lots of cars, content, and fun little factoids about Mexico, but the boring location, same old problems, plethora of computer stability issues, and pandering make this a poor entry in the series, and the "journalists" giving this game a 90 or 9 have never played a game in this series and/or are paid off as per usual. They missed the mark with this one. It definitely could have been a lot better. If you own Horizon 3 or 4, this is not worth the full price.

***If you don't want political reviews, don't inject politics into your games :)
  46. Nov 14, 2021
    Low fps, can't play online, platy of bugs, especially on AMD gpu's. A week after premium edition release, still not a single patch
  47. Nov 17, 2021
    The game is broken (15/11/2021), crashes on multiplayer (50 % of races), disconections, random crashes on single player, ultra textures not loading, ia imposible, with rimac i can win in invencible, but with lamborgini sesto elemento fe, the best car in the game, in the dificult above to normal, i can't win WTF!!!!!!.

Mora than 180 bugs: page:

Mora than 180 bugs: page: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4409616884883-FH5-Known-Issues

I pay for beta tetser anticipated, ultra textures not loading??? the game is not tested, is ridiculus, crashes, crashes, in seasson not give me the forzathon points... etc etc all is bad in this game.
  48. Nov 13, 2021
    To all the people Givin 0 stars. Stop buying a product while expecting it to be something it's not, then get disappointed when it isn't what you imagined. Ignore all these toxic reviews Horizon 5 is exactly what it sets out to be and is fantastic at it. A gigantic playbox full of cars where they are customizable to a further extent than previous installments. You can now install body-kits,To all the people Givin 0 stars. Stop buying a product while expecting it to be something it's not, then get disappointed when it isn't what you imagined. Ignore all these toxic reviews Horizon 5 is exactly what it sets out to be and is fantastic at it. A gigantic playbox full of cars where they are customizable to a further extent than previous installments. You can now install body-kits, adjust the any car to suit offroad, drift or racing and pretty much choose whatever style you want to play. Whether that be rally races, street races, close circuit races, just cruising around in the beautiful world, drifting online with others, do custom car meets etc. It literally gives you the keys to the cars and says go have fun. It's what I used to dream of when playing with Match Box cars on my carpet when I was little. So to anyone just wanting a geniunly good time doing whatever they want with cars this game is perfect. Expand
  49. Nov 13, 2021
    There is something sus going on when a game receives 9 /10 scores before launch then 5/10 from actual people. Its so disappointing, I was hoping for a bigger better experience. But this game is no different from the past 4 games.. if you dropped me in the middle of rhe map and asked me which game I was playing i wouldn't be able to tell of it was FH3, 4 or 5.
  50. Nov 11, 2021
    Support of a stering wheel is bad… pc gamepass 1/10 xbox gamepass 6/10 after 3 days of playing it is boring and bad
  51. Nov 13, 2021
    Awesome game I'll be playing for years. Very Deep Polished and Fun. Maxed out settings and getting over 100 fps. Played over 25 hours no crashes. The bad reviews here are just XBOX haters
  52. Nov 16, 2021
    I thought I was buying a car game, I got a pro LGBT world with cars that go 350km/h on dirt roads without ever having to brake. This game sucks, it only serves to flatter the ego, it requires no skill. It has as much in common with cars as a duck and a Saturn V rocket.
  53. Nov 10, 2021
    It has a lot of bugs,game crashes a lot,a buggy game with no story it's not good
  54. Nov 11, 2021
    The gamepad is disabled. Nothing helps, thanks for the good attitude towards the pc port of your wonderful game.
  55. Nov 11, 2021
    Игруха за первый час три раза вылетела, ужасная оптимизация для такого издателя, надеюсь что пофиксят в ближайшие дни и модно будет скорректировать мнение. Но старт убогий.
  56. Nov 11, 2021
    Ein spiel für 100€ zu verkaufen was sich nicht starten lässt is schon ne freche aktion. Dann den scheis nach über ner woche noch nicht gefixt bekommen is einfach nur ein armutszeugniss der entwikler.
  57. Nov 10, 2021
    This game is literally the same as Forza Horizon 4. It is not worth the time nor effort to purchase this game over Forza Horizon 4. This game is absolutely the same gameplay wise and mechanically wise. The graphics aren't an upgrade as advertised I could literally not tell the difference between the games. Don't waste your time nor money, stick with 4, 3, or 2 because let's be honestThis game is literally the same as Forza Horizon 4. It is not worth the time nor effort to purchase this game over Forza Horizon 4. This game is absolutely the same gameplay wise and mechanically wise. The graphics aren't an upgrade as advertised I could literally not tell the difference between the games. Don't waste your time nor money, stick with 4, 3, or 2 because let's be honest they've been more or less the same since 2. Horizon become the COD of racing and it's a damn shame.

PC Note: There have been rabid reports of crashing while I didn't receive crashing the amount coming in clearly means there is credence, buyer beware.
  58. Nov 11, 2021
    First of all, the game did not want to install on my pc via the xbox app (game pass). Finally getting into the game, I realized just how copy and pasted it was from the previous game in the series. The core gameplay is decent, but it does nothing new other than some useless "aCcEsSiBiLiTy" options. Not sure why you would limit yourself to racing when you could play a game like grand theftFirst of all, the game did not want to install on my pc via the xbox app (game pass). Finally getting into the game, I realized just how copy and pasted it was from the previous game in the series. The core gameplay is decent, but it does nothing new other than some useless "aCcEsSiBiLiTy" options. Not sure why you would limit yourself to racing when you could play a game like grand theft auto where the world feels alive and you can race, blow stuff up, and run from the cops. There just isn't long-term fun to have in this game Expand
  59. Nov 11, 2021
    I was so hyped for the Game and i think it is the best Forza Horizon Game, but i can't play because it crash while launching. The support does not really helped and the solutions didn't helped. I'm very frustrated cause i tryed to fix it for hours.
  60. Nov 12, 2021
    How is it the critics and users reviews are completely opposite.. I will tell you how - Paid Critics are to sell the GAME! Gamers are actually playing the game and thinks it's garbage - recycled everything! There is absolutely NOTHING new to this... Don't buy its a waste of money don't be fooled by the critics!!!
  61. Nov 11, 2021
    It's very similar to Horizon 4. And that's the problem.
    The AI is still terrible. Races are easily the weakest part of this racing game. You only have three laps to fight your way to the front, which is impossible to do cleanly. The game is set up to promote awful driving.
    It's very similar to Horizon 4. And that's the problem.
    Even if you do get to the front, you'll find that the AI can give itself speed boosts to artificially stay more competitive, or slam on the brakes to make sure you win. This means that you never know if you're winning or losing because of your driving, or if the AI just decided to do something weird. That is, in itself, an awful thing for a racing game. It undermines the core mechanic of the game.

Custom race events no longer count towards progression (they did in FH4), so you can't even give yourself more laps to try and remedy this. All the races that count towards progression *must* be run as 3 lap sprints with random cars.

Combine this with technical issues on PC, many in-game bugs, and you have a thoroughly unenjoyable experience where the core idea of the game - racing - is the weakest part.

I guess it's great if you just want to oogle at cars, providing you can get it to work.

Game gets +2 for having good accessibility options, though.
  62. Nov 13, 2021
    I bought a pre-order for $ 100 and what did I get in the end? Soap, bugs (of which I saw a bunch even in 10 hours because of my curiosity), video memory leaks, the game even sees only 5gb VRAM, not 6gb.
    Ok, let's omit that we were sold a raw product, but this is a clean copy of fh4. What have we got new? The ability to change the exhaust and give people cars? Thanks. Even the cars are far from all with fh4, but there are at most 20 new ones.
    Where are the fixes? 5 days have already passed since early access and 2 days since release ..
    It's a shame that I spent almost all my money on the beta test.
  63. Nov 11, 2021
    Unplayable, technical mess crashing to desktop every 5 minutes. Stutters are free of charge. Enjoy.
  64. Nov 14, 2021
    Patético juego. Horrible lleno de bugs poco real. Se merece un -10 lástima que no se pueda poner esa nota. Dedíquense al busca minas o al solitario porque no saben hacer juegos.
  65. Nov 11, 2021
    Хотел бы выделить много отрицательных моментов с игрой, так как их реально очень много. Не ожидал, что игра будет на столько багованная, что приходится её перезапускать по 100 раз за день. Баги в режиме «Вышибала», - это вообще отдельная история. Хочу отметить, что на высшем уровне - это оптимизация. Она реально в этой игре хорошая. После двух часов игры начинается ад: выкидывает изХотел бы выделить много отрицательных моментов с игрой, так как их реально очень много. Не ожидал, что игра будет на столько багованная, что приходится её перезапускать по 100 раз за день. Баги в режиме «Вышибала», - это вообще отдельная история. Хочу отметить, что на высшем уровне - это оптимизация. Она реально в этой игре хорошая. После двух часов игры начинается ад: выкидывает из сессии, не прогружаются текстуры, падает фпс и вылетает игра. Ожидания не оправдались. Expand
  66. Nov 12, 2021
    To many bugs and disconnect issues...
    The game is fun, but I cant give it a good rating, when it is a bug party.
  67. Nov 14, 2021
    The first time I have to give Forza a bad review. Let me get straight to the point: I played a bit of it on Game Pass and...Its the same game as Forza Horizon 4 but with a new map. I heard that the exact same technical issues on the Steam version of FH4 are still persisting on the Steam version of FH5. After playing a bit of it, its the same song and dance of cringe of past games, there isThe first time I have to give Forza a bad review. Let me get straight to the point: I played a bit of it on Game Pass and...Its the same game as Forza Horizon 4 but with a new map. I heard that the exact same technical issues on the Steam version of FH4 are still persisting on the Steam version of FH5. After playing a bit of it, its the same song and dance of cringe of past games, there is the exact same graphics (outside of the showroom anyway) and I worry the progression, or lack thereof, will be the equivalent in being in the audience during the recording of another season of the Oprah Winfrey Show, like past games have been. I am not able to get the game post-launch, and I may not anyway, giving the way Turn 10 and Playground have given the finger to the basic concept of sense of progression on Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4. When I play a racing game, I expect a "from rags to riches" type of sense of progression; to play hard to earn the best cars; not log into the game and checking mail for them.

If you are progression minded like myself, just wait for Test Drive: Solar Crown and hope KT Racing doesnt go down that same path.
  68. Nov 12, 2021
    Love the game. Runs great on my PC at extreme settings. The detail in the cars and landscapes is amazing. The story is more geared toward pushing you into various tasks and races, which isn’t the most engaging, but I’m an RPG/MMO guy, so this is probably sufficient for a racer. The only thing lacking is the character models, but they are less of a fixture than the cars and terrain. Still aLove the game. Runs great on my PC at extreme settings. The detail in the cars and landscapes is amazing. The story is more geared toward pushing you into various tasks and races, which isn’t the most engaging, but I’m an RPG/MMO guy, so this is probably sufficient for a racer. The only thing lacking is the character models, but they are less of a fixture than the cars and terrain. Still a solid 10 from me, because it was far better than I expected, and it does the single most important thing a game should do, it’s fun!! Expand
  69. Nov 13, 2021
    Most fun I've had on console in years, amazing sound, visuals and gameplay.
  70. Nov 17, 2021
    Forza Horizon 5 is probably my favourite racing game ever I rarely ever delve into the genre but the game is just so much fun to look at and play it's truly a marvel in gaming. Throw in an awesome soundtrack, interesting characters and a decent story this has to be my game of the year for 2021 absolutely phenomenal
  71. Nov 18, 2021
    The game is the dream of any racer fan out there. It loooks absolutely stunning. If you add a good reshade it looks real. The amout of options and details this game offers is mind blowing. Having a blast playing. A masterpiece
  72. Nov 14, 2021
    Great game. Thanks Microsoft. Mexico is a very beautiful country. Thank you for the opportunity to visit Mexico. Optimization is bad on pc.
  73. Nov 13, 2021
    This game could be a 10. I want it to be a 10... BUT... its a 0 until they :

Fix there online matchmaking - It is complete trash , doesnt work 40% of the time . Even Froze up the game at one point where i was stuck in no mans land between match making and not . Fix the POP IN and RENDER DISTANCE .- jesus. how can a game so beautiful, somehow look SO BAD. Its just the worst. how
    This game could be a 10. I want it to be a 10... BUT... its a 0 until they :

Its just the worst. how can i enjoy the game when even at 10 MPH EVERYTHING is popping or fading in . little bushes, big bushes , trees, rocks. everything . it just makes a great looking game look terrible and really kills the immersion.

Also i didnt factor this into my review BUT this game also really needs VR Support.
  74. Nov 14, 2021
    Multiplayer is buggy, music is terrible, setting is dull, story is cringe, developers are woke. If you want to get some enjoyment out of it; think of it as a FH4 expansion, turn off the multiplayer, turn on a FH4 music playlist on youtube. And voila you got yourself a mediocre game.
  75. Nov 19, 2021
    Forza Horizon 4, but it's better. Optimization in this game is awesome, I'm getting nearly the same frame count as in FH4, but graphics are better.
    Better gameplay, more exciting cars and simple controls. That's what a good game is.
  76. Nov 13, 2021
    Forza is one of my all-time favorite series. I've bought Xbox one just for this one game, having ps4 and Pc for other games. I have perfect 4k gameplay in FH4 but I can't even play FH5 without problems.
    "0" is for the technical level of the game for PC. It's the first thing the game should have. Fix it and I will see what we have later.

By the way. Physics became worse for my taste.
  77. Nov 16, 2021
    It´s a lie, bad performance issues, specially with hdd, landscapes are bad quality, it´s the same as FH4. Uninstalled now.
  78. Nov 15, 2021
    MAP THEME IS TOO S**t DO A CITY THEMED MAP.
    Not a poor country pls i begging you
  79. Nov 12, 2021
    Increíble, nada más que decir, el juegos es muy divertido, además de que el mapa es muy grande para que puedas explorarlo
  80. Nov 12, 2021
    Extremely easy, very similar quests, no ranked adventure. High price tag if buying premium. For sure not worth it. Basically it is just a "Forza Horizon 4 reforged" where graphic is a little better, but with less things to do and no challenge. You can most likely reverse trough drift zones and get 3 stars. VERY long loading times. If you like drift then this game will not be the one to go for.
  81. Nov 13, 2021
    Constantly crashing on PC and contains unskippable cutscenes. Instead of playing, you're effectively constantly watching the same videos over and over and waiting for the next crash.
  82. Nov 13, 2021
    I played like 28 hours, the good thing is that there are a lot of cars, bigger map, a lot of stuff from FH4 got improved, like driving, sounds, etc.

But it all is not important when you can't properly play the game: it has so many bugs in it, they don't let you play. For instance multiplayer constantly freezes when everybody finish, and it just doesn't go anywhere and the only option is to restart the game. Some challenges when you do them properly don't count as done even if you restart the game and change some stuff.

I can talk about every bug for all 5000 characters available, but I wont. I hope you get what the issue is.
  83. Nov 14, 2021
    No not really...
    No not really...
    Broken AI, graphics/graphic things like trees, bushes... sometimes only load a few meters in front of you (before of that its 2d :P), cars sometimes feel strange, controller vibration sometimes just doesn't work anymore, campaign is really boring, but that's a matter of taste, I think the fourth part is better except for the landscape, the second good thing about the 5th part is the sound, Billboards sometimes have weird places, i'm pretty disappointed ...
  84. Nov 14, 2021
    Game of the year contended, it looks incredible. I cant believe how good racing games can be.
  85. Nov 14, 2021
    This could be a good game but it has a disaster launch.
    ONLINE is not working at all and this is unacceptable. AI really sucks and that make offline racing bored. And there are some visual bug too.
    Really disapointed, this is why reviewers and youtubers dont even mention Online racing in their reviews…
  86. Nov 14, 2021
    This would be a 9 or 10 if the game didn't force you to sit through unrelenting, unbearable, unskippable cutscenes filled with the most annoying characters. This was a huge problem in past entries too, and it is absolutely unforgivable that it isn't fixed in entry #5. As far as I can tell there isn't even a way to mute the dialogue, so not only do you have to sit there while the gameThis would be a 9 or 10 if the game didn't force you to sit through unrelenting, unbearable, unskippable cutscenes filled with the most annoying characters. This was a huge problem in past entries too, and it is absolutely unforgivable that it isn't fixed in entry #5. As far as I can tell there isn't even a way to mute the dialogue, so not only do you have to sit there while the game wastes your time, you are forced to listen to dumb characters you don't care about rattle off endless inane babble. The fact that cutscenes are letterboxed on ultrawide when the cutscenes themselves are 21:9 is also salt in the wound.

Get your **** together Playground Games. Absolutely unacceptable.
  87. Nov 16, 2021
    Just because the game looks good doesn't justify being riddled with bugs. Screen Narrator constantly comes on even though I set it to off every single time I start the game. My steering wheel settings just disappear every time I come back to the game. Lastly it is a racing game where you can't even trust that the roads you are driving on are not going to glitch out and suck you under theJust because the game looks good doesn't justify being riddled with bugs. Screen Narrator constantly comes on even though I set it to off every single time I start the game. My steering wheel settings just disappear every time I come back to the game. Lastly it is a racing game where you can't even trust that the roads you are driving on are not going to glitch out and suck you under the map or stop you like a brick wall. Its appalling that every video game has to come out half baked and still be listed at 60 dollars or more. If you are thinking of getting the game, wait til it is on sale for less than 20 dollars because thats what its worth. All of this is coming from a former Forza fan. Don't waste your money on it. Expand
  88. Nov 17, 2021
    The game in general is good but come on.. The game is far from a complete game, there is still a lot of bugs, loading screen time in online is unbelievable. Stuttering and the wall collision time seems unmatched to the actual speed when bumping in to the wall. This game has potential but they released an unfinished game.
  89. Nov 16, 2021
    A few bugs and server issues but otherwise a very good game. Got me to play and I don't enjoy the racing genre.
  90. Nov 16, 2021
    injouable si on la sur le game xbox pass pc crash a fond volant pas toujours detecter ect
  91. Nov 16, 2021
    This game is buggy, not gonna lie..
    Although the bugs are few are far in between compared to other games that launched in the same time frame..
    And yeah new map, Mexico looks amazing..
  92. Nov 15, 2021
    The best game on his genre, amazing game. If u like cars and races, you will love this game
  93. Nov 16, 2021
    Perfect driving experience, rich vehicles. Enough fun season game.Perfect game graphics and music
  94. Nov 15, 2021
    juegazo no meque dan palabras, gráficos ,controles y estar ambientado en mexico es algo impresionante
  95. Nov 14, 2021
    Отличная игра, лучшая аркадная гонка а её наличие в геймпасе просто топчик
  96. Nov 22, 2021
    I never played Forza horizon before but I decide this year to try and play the latest one Forza horizon 5 , and what a miss for 1,2,3,4 I must play them all anyway this is the best car racing open world ever so great gameplay and mechanics with a lot of different activities ….and a lot of cars to try and a large world to explore 10.10 masterpiece !
  97. Nov 19, 2021
    This should had been an expansion of FH4.... Not a standalone game... I give it a 3 just for the graphics upgrade
  98. Nov 14, 2021
    Yes, it is the same as always, and for the next game they need a bit of an refresh of the formula they use. but so far, after around 80 hrs i must say its a fun Horizon Game u know what i get, if its worth the price... If u expect just the same in a bit better graphic with a new setting, and its worth for u the price, then yes, if u just wanna play it, get the gamepass for 1€ and at theYes, it is the same as always, and for the next game they need a bit of an refresh of the formula they use. but so far, after around 80 hrs i must say its a fun Horizon Game u know what i get, if its worth the price... If u expect just the same in a bit better graphic with a new setting, and its worth for u the price, then yes, if u just wanna play it, get the gamepass for 1€ and at the end u might have the same fun as in 3 and 4, its just not a new creation of it, but overall, a good Horizon. Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2021
    La verdad me ha ido muy bien con el juego, no he tenido ningún problema con la optimizacion, un juego espectacular, una auténtica maravilla de videojuego.
  100. Nov 14, 2021
    I played this game on PC, and it is great. It's very stable, it has nice graphics, and the scenery is beautiful. 10/10.

Universal acclaim - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 24, 2021
    I don't think there's a motoring enthusiast who won't be excited about Forza Horizon 5, with a slight caveat for those who have had their fill of Forza Horizon 4 and might want more of the same - though honestly, I can't imagine how the formula could be improved upon, which in the arcade driving department is bordering on perfection. It promises and delivers an incomparably customizable driving experience, with dream-cars, in breathtaking landscapes.
  2. Nov 10, 2021
    A masterful open-world racer in an unforgettable setting - would have benefited from a little more courage to innovate.
  3. Nov 9, 2021
    It’s no surprise that Forza Horizon puts itself right into the mix with 2021’s Game of the Year contenders. Playground Games has been getting it right for a decade now. This is the definitive experience in the series so far, one that excels both on PC and the Xbox Series X. Minimal issues, such as server connectivity, fail to spoil the party that is just crammed with happiness and adventure. A number of small improvements across the board elevates the racer to being best in class; a huge plus for Microsoft with Sony’s impressive-looking Gran Turismo 7 flashing its headlights not too far in the distance.