8.6

1. Oct 10, 2013
    Very good game dedicated servers teak deathmatches and flag matches are a blast
    It feels like AAA quality game in some most of it
    For 20$ this game is a steal
    The reviews i red here made me purchase the game at first i was not fully convinced after i played this
    WOOOOOOOOhoooooo can't stop playin' DUDe
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    This is the best arcade/battle racing game that I've seen in a long time, great graphics, lots of action and loads of content makes it a real bargain.

The single player career is fun and addictive but the most fun in my opinion is the online multiplayer with some friends, a nice feature that I miss in many other racing games is that the server fills up with bots so even if you are just two players you can still enjoy the fun and action of a full server. It is also possible to create your own dedicated server.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best racing games out on PC, I like it more than most arcade racers, even with out all the guns.

If you played Rages multi-player, this game makes that game's multi-player looks shallow and unfinished mini-game. Where this game comes into action is that it is like V8, Twisted metal, or even like the death race films. This game also has an awesome challenging campaign mode

Where this game comes into action is that it is like V8, Twisted metal, or even like the death race films. This game also has an awesome challenging campaign mode as well. With hilarious bot names, and awesome sponsors, Only in campaign the game has a progression system, and the cars get better only in story. While In multiplayer, the game is balanced, where only the cars handling and weight are effected. You will find the car you like the most.

Even as a "cart racer" comparison this game blows the competition out of the water with its races.

This game has dedicated servers, and many steam intergrated things. which is a bonus to all PC gamers alike. It also has many things you can adjust in the options menu like all PC games should, from lower quality to awesome quality the game is pretty well optimized and has many of the features a racing/car combat game should have.

The games graphics are pretty great too, As a bonus. The car customization is pretty awesome as well.

It is one epic fun filled game. I am resplendently surprised that it exists, basically came out of no where. I would recommend this game to everyone.

If you like a great arcade racer, and a great car combat game, this is your game to play. And only for 25 bucks off sale it is a steal (This game is on sale for 25% at the moment on steam, well worth the money)

:D see you in the game!!!
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Amazing thrill filled game.
    If you like Deathrace films or Vigilante 8 game you will totally love this.
    Loads of cars and tracks with different game modes.

Easy to join lobbies and lag free games.
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    game is dope. definitely a buy for someone that love racing and gun action.game has support from devs on forums and dedicated servers.no bugs on realise.pretty impressive work.
  6. Oct 9, 2013
    Gas Guzzlers next installment is fantastic.
    Take all you loved from the first game, put in some more action, maps, cars and you get the picture.

Plus they've added several multiplayer modes (also team based) which are fantastic. Really enjoying the CTF mode
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    It is indeed an amazing vicious game, especially for those who would like racing and action combined.
    Brings back the good old days of Interstate '76.

Definitely a most have. And the multi-player brings even more fun!

Go get it!
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    What can i say, its awsome game, so replayable, with unbelivable and crazy multiplayer! Team races and modes are my favourite, CTF is unique for racing game world.
    Old School Game where anything depends on your skills. MUST HAVE!
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    back to death really days, good work for small team, they support the game in the steam forums, and its only the start i am sure they will add new content in the future.
  10. Oct 15, 2013
    guess what folks? I was playing mp yesterday and it was just like crazy fun. Like British used to say for Germans, football is the game where 2 teams are playing and on the end Germany wins, in GGE we got DreeMax who's very hard to beat. Challenge him if you've skills!!
  11. Oct 15, 2013
    Wow! Dev team from Croatia? Fantastic job! Didn't played their's former title Combat Carnage, but this Extreme build rocks. Can't wait to see it on consoles, because this game is made for those!!
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    Awesome game! It's good to have instant play mode, while you're waiting for some soul on-line!!This game will rock on next gen consoles!! I used to play Death Rally and Twisted metal, and this is even more fun then mention masterworks.
  13. Oct 18, 2013
    I was quite surprised by how well Gamepires managed to turn around this Gas Guzzlers franchise. Races always felt exciting, combat was solid, driving was solid, the customization, vehicle designs, interface, everything. It never actually felt repetitive to me during the single player campaign as I was able to choose what game mode I could play to progress, never being locked into just aI was quite surprised by how well Gamepires managed to turn around this Gas Guzzlers franchise. Races always felt exciting, combat was solid, driving was solid, the customization, vehicle designs, interface, everything. It never actually felt repetitive to me during the single player campaign as I was able to choose what game mode I could play to progress, never being locked into just a bunch of fixed campaigns. This game is also a prime example of why rubber banding in racing games can sometimes be a good thing You're never just always leading in front, CPUs are always around you, and you're always fighting them, making races truly feel they have some depth. Expand
  14. Oct 26, 2013
    No fuss, no muss. Straight up solid vehicle combat carnage.

No fuss, no muss. Straight up solid vehicle combat carnage.

Multiplayer is where this really shines. You can play lots of different game modes like racing, racing with guns, deathmatch, last man standing, Capture the flag, etc. There are 7 total modes. You can split the 8 players into up to 4 teams. The action starts quick and exciting moments are frequent. Capture the flag is done uniquely and is a nail biter every time.
  15. Dec 23, 2013
    I actually enjoy this game pretty much. The best thing is the gameplay it's so intense when you are under attack by teaming-suspected AI and your health is under 30% and you can't find a single repair powerup. It's pretty fun firing at AIs with turrets, machine guns, mines or even lasers which makes you feel badass. The graphics are not spectacular but good enough. The control is goodI actually enjoy this game pretty much. The best thing is the gameplay it's so intense when you are under attack by teaming-suspected AI and your health is under 30% and you can't find a single repair powerup. It's pretty fun firing at AIs with turrets, machine guns, mines or even lasers which makes you feel badass. The graphics are not spectacular but good enough. The control is good once you get used to it. The only bad thing I can think of is the cars. Some are pretty ugly but overall the game is really good. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    GGE is a very good vehicle combat game. There are a lot of ways to customize your car, and a lot of fun to be had. There are tons of good game modes to keep you occupied for hours as well even if the game comes off as somewhat generic at times.
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    Unapologetically hilarious racing game.
    Good puns and funny voice overs everywhere.
    Car and weapon handling is great but sometimes a little off in tight corners. Otherwise great!
  18. Jan 4, 2014
    This is one polished car combat game. I haven't seen this much goodness in car combat since the interstate days made by activision. I would even go far back as the evga days when activision debuted the 1st track based car combat game, "Death Track" in the 80's. It had a crappy redux called "death track resurrection". This is nothing like that. Car combat fun. Kudo's Gamepires!
  19. Jan 8, 2014
    This game is great. Very fast and responsive which is a requirement for racing games. Weapons varies and the cars are plentiful. This is as close to a AAA game as you can get without the budget.
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    Best racing game + shooting game ever made!!!! all about reaction and precision. The control and the graphic are good (with ultra settings). Able to upgrade the car (components and weapons). If you feel the weapon is hard to use, be sure to switch the camera and you should find a crosshair
  21. Feb 19, 2014
    I would recommend this game to every action/racing fan out there! This game has tons of tracks, weapons, and good amount of cars!

Arcade style gameplay with good graphics. Basically a more fun version of Blur with a cheaper price tag!
  22. Mar 12, 2014
    It's like a Pre-Paradise Burnout game but with guns on the cars. If that sounds appealing to you, you'll enjoy this game. If not, move on cause it's not for you.
  23. Mar 10, 2014
    For experienced driver, coming to playful driving game; steering now fine, suitably arcadeish. weapons can be used tactically, -u can balance with good dodging / driving , and paths , and if you want try use guns skills for advantage. this works . - The fact the developers are VERY active to listen fans, made me decide YES on this one. Also the Interstate'76 vibe feelings are veryFor experienced driver, coming to playful driving game; steering now fine, suitably arcadeish. weapons can be used tactically, -u can balance with good dodging / driving , and paths , and if you want try use guns skills for advantage. this works . - The fact the developers are VERY active to listen fans, made me decide YES on this one. Also the Interstate'76 vibe feelings are very welcome, and i want to be here as this games evolves.
    ,Add:-After week of having real fun and joy with this I find myself feeling what old legend, the Interstate '76 had delivered into my free times.Love it that i driving skills are actually useful here, yet its not as serious as i drive Grid 2 or F1 games i grind. Im full of fuel
  24. Mar 17, 2015
    Late but I don't care!

I like this game. I like it so much, I'm getting the zombie version next. I don't know why, maybe it's because daggnammit if a game doesn't have a zombie sequel it's just not gosh darn trendy enough is it. I'm surprised that what I would have thought to be a fairly simplistic game would actually have pretty decent artwork chucked into it. Nice graphics, some
    Late but I don't care!

I'm surprised that what I would have thought to be a fairly simplistic game would actually have pretty decent artwork chucked into it. Nice graphics, some certainly cultural radio playing in the garage, and the driver names are some of the best I've seen in a while.
    The twist comes in the game's driving physics, you'd think with such a generally arcade-style look to it that the cars involved would drive not too dissimilar to go-karts at best or mini coopers at worst but it's certainly got a sim quality to the driving. The rest of it is arcade style stuff. This game is not bad, not bad at all.
  25. Jan 12, 2021
    Bloody addicted to this game! It’s simple yet so effective. You can really feel the difference driving in different terrains which just sits so well with me
  26. Feb 20, 2021
    This might not be Twisted Metal, or Full Auto, but its still hella fun.

This might not be Twisted Metal, or Full Auto, but its still hella fun.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme is very impressive for a small indie company. The environments are simplistic, but a very nice diversion from the eye candy filled arenas where you can't see anything. The vehicle models also look really good, and they have plenty of vehicles to choose from. The damage models is also decent as well, although it not as detailed as I would like it to be. The physics, and driving feels just so good. Cars feel like they have weight, and driving smooth as butter. The events consist of racing, and arena style matches, which are very enjoyable, and a bit rage inducing at the same time. Shooting is a bit lackluster, as some weapons seem like they can't anything, or do like no damage. AI can be smart, and dumb at the same time, mostly in arena events like Capture the Flag where your team will do some dumb as ♥♥♥♥ thing where you end up having to take over.

In terms of performance, and optimization, moving to DirectX 11 immensely helped the game, with it running pretty good on my system, and they have plenty of options for graphics. They also even provide both a 32bit version, and a 64bit version. This isn't a PC port, this was made on PC, for PC.

Over all, even with the slight downsides, this game is very fun if you want a taste of vehicular mayhem.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 29, 2013
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme is an action-packed, fast paced racing game with insane combat features. The game features a variety of cars, from humble superminis, to full on giant yank tanks! The player starts with a low performance vehicle and gradually works their way up by earning money through a series of uniquely challenging races.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    Gas Guzzlers Extreme is a solid and well-made arcade racing game. It might not be very original, but it is fun and very easy to pick up.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    If you absolutely must have a new combat car racing game, go for it. Otherwise, maybe hold off until the mood strikes you… or it’s on sale.