6.3

1. Jul 31, 2020
    Has the ability to be a great game and is truly enjoyable combat and atmosphere wise. The problem is that the game is half baked and nowhere near a full release. You can spend hours grinding only to have the super rare and limited resources/weapons you spent time on just disappear from your inventory leaving you high and dry. Watch out if you are a gun/magic user as a disappearing main gunHas the ability to be a great game and is truly enjoyable combat and atmosphere wise. The problem is that the game is half baked and nowhere near a full release. You can spend hours grinding only to have the super rare and limited resources/weapons you spent time on just disappear from your inventory leaving you high and dry. Watch out if you are a gun/magic user as a disappearing main gun will leave you without a way to defend yourself and you will have to restart. There are obvious technical issues which arent a big deal as those are easy to patch. Missing currency/materials/weapons with poor hitboxes on certain melee gear, piss poor fast travel (also involves disappearing items that makes it so you can in no way 100% the game) etc are why I give this game a 2. If these issues were fixed I would say a solid 8+ but unfortunately the ability to lure players into an unfinished game only to choke their progress really breaks the experience and is more frustrating than rewarding. Here's hoping the devs can fix the issues quickly because this is a true example of a diamond in the extreme, s**t covered, maggot infested rough. Expand
  2. Aug 3, 2020
    Truly made in USSR.

Bugs all around. U can kill boss who wont drop essential item. GG start over. F U - refund
  3. Aug 1, 2020
    Game dont looks Bad, but it promise a Online coop, and there is no one.
    Today come 3 Patches for the Game, but it still doesnt work.
    I buy the Game to play with a friend online coop, and we cant do this.
    For this are this low rating
  4. Dec 1, 2020
    Худший соулс-лайк, в который я когда либо играл. Хитбоксы забагованные, дизайн уровней однотипный, легко потеряться, противники однообразные.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 15, 2020
    The game’s setting and horror vibes are interesting and boss fights are decent but my overall impression of Hellpoint is that the developers got in over their heads. I don’t recommend it to anyone who still has other soulslikes to feast on. [10/2020, p.83]
  2. Oct 9, 2020
    Hellpoint is a game for Dark Souls saga lovers who want to live a similar experience regardless of the sacrifices that it entails. The title is lost amid the vastness of similar games that are capable of doing everything better, and while each game deserves to be treated as a separate set, it seems to strive to keep Miyazaki going through our heads at all times. It does not quite shine in nothing and its most positive aspects are lost among the immensity of bugs and cloned situations that leave us a déjà-vu feeling more bitter than sweet during the 20 hours that it lasts.
  3. Oct 8, 2020
    Hellpoint is a dark sci-fi souls-like game that introduces some new features and ideas in an attempt to differentiate itself from a common dark souls clone. Plenty of glitches and bugs make it feel rushed and make it look like it’s still in beta. Overall, Hellpoint has lots of promise, and could have been an amazing game if Cradle Games spent more time in development.