7.5

1. Sep 12, 2018
    A good start - there is certainly potential here.
    A good start - there is certainly potential here.
    However, given that the game is lacking a lot of what I would deem essentials for this kind of game (a much greater selection of furniture, paint, tiles, etc.; gardening; the ability to expand the house; an actually working buyer AI; mid- and long-term goals and a better sense of progression; and, perhaps most importantly, moddability), yet is presented as a full release, I am scoring it based on what is there and what isn't, as any game the developers deem fit for a full release should.

Given enough time and effort, this may become one of the most zen games on the market and a classic - I mean, let's be honest, the game already kinda captures what is by and large the best thing about the Sims games (I mean besides dropping them in a pool with no ladder or walling in the pesky neighbor).
    But some of the necessary changes might require some pretty extensive changes to the code; enabling moddability in a way that makes it easily accessible alone can be quite daunting.

Maybe it helps that large portions of the game, particularly the interfaces and menus, look very WIP, so the developers still have tons of work ahead of them, if they want to make this game more than a half-polished Alpha, and it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to give some core systems a complete overhaul

Let's hope, then, that they are in this for the long haul.
  2. Jun 5, 2018
    It is missing a lot of content and really should implement mod support, it is fun at the beginning but as soon as you sold your first house it's all rinse and repeat, very limited options for objects, just one (1!) shower type, even though there are other types available in other houses and that is the same for pretty much every other thing you can buy...
  3. Jul 13, 2018
    It is an interesting game which can exploit various characteristics. I, as an architecture student, find the proposal of this game interesting, I like it and can improve it, hoping for the best of the product.
  4. Nov 5, 2018
    When you collect trash and bum, you are renovating a haunted house. I really like the love and passion for this game. The devs are really doing their best to make it better for us, the players. And I know it sounds like I'm sticking my head in their asses but it's true, this game would be an unplayable mess without their love.
  5. May 6, 2018
    I like the idea of this game, it seems very simple but after watching some youtubers one may realize there's much more to it. I'm not sure about the game cost though, is it really 15$, anyone?
  6. Apr 22, 2018
    It's like The Sims, Viscera Cleanup Detail and Championship Manager all rolled into one
  7. May 17, 2018
    It's nice game for all family! if you like simulators you will love this game!
    Good job Playway!
  8. May 17, 2018
    Really great game

After watching a few of episodes of series made in US with buying, upgrading and selling houses i needed that game

Realistic, funny, easy to follow, acceptable graphics, recommended
  9. Jun 12, 2018
    The biggest problem is that there needs to be more. More available houses, more handyman assignments, more buy-able assets. The simplest of landscaping features would be helpful as well. Another gripe is buyers wanting me to supply their bunker and buy food or turn down a house because it lacks a TV. Buy it yourself!
  10. May 17, 2018
    It's based on very good idea! That's why it is so interesting. You can buy, change and sell your house and have a very big fun. I like lifestyle tv, but it is much more better!
  11. May 30, 2018
    Funny, addictive and educating game. It will give you some understanding of how to makeover a house.
  12. May 16, 2018
    House Flipper got some addictive addition like heroin or some. I just LOVE IT!
  13. Apr 22, 2018
    i just got my beta key and loving this game so much. Pull out the hammer and knock down walls !
  14. Jun 1, 2018
    The Sims with messed homes. Not normally messed but crazy as..... It is really a satisfaction to clean it all.
  15. May 22, 2018
    All negative reviews get deleted, most positive reviews are 10/10 single-liners by accounts without any other review. That's a clear indication of a game you should stay the heck away from.

But let us say something about game itself as well, even though it'll probably be deleted as well: - Performance is terrible. All 'levels' are small plots with few walls and at most 100 objects, yet

- Performance is terrible. All 'levels' are small plots with few walls and at most 100 objects, yet this 'game' will consume all system resources available, making me suspect it's some cryptocurrency miner disguised as a game. If you trigger something requiring physics engine, it will cause game to hang for a second.
    - It's boring and tedious. Repetitive content can be fun if it's rewarding enough, but this game failed to make it so.
    - It's badly designed, with systems that do nothing.
    - It's limited - there is something like 20 'missions' or 'tasks', and then similar number of 'freeform'/'sandbox' houses, and then it's done, no random new tasks, not even way to replay them without restarting everything.

Stay. The heck. Away.
  16. May 28, 2018
    I have no idea how you can rate this 10, it is stale, for the first 30 min at least (this was when I have up) you just collecting trash. yea it sounds great to renovate houses and sell them, and being creative is usually fun, but not here, at all. it is full of bugs, it is weird. the aesthetic is confusing, for the most you have this nice colourfull texture, but at some times, someI have no idea how you can rate this 10, it is stale, for the first 30 min at least (this was when I have up) you just collecting trash. yea it sounds great to renovate houses and sell them, and being creative is usually fun, but not here, at all. it is full of bugs, it is weird. the aesthetic is confusing, for the most you have this nice colourfull texture, but at some times, some realistic just jumps out of the blue. YOU SHOULD STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS GAME. Expand
  17. Jun 27, 2018
    House flipper is very unique, and can be very addicting, but it suffers by making cleaning, painting, etc, the main focus of the gameplay, which gets boring fast, but it's aided by upgrades later on that speed up this part of the game. Solid game to pick up on sale.
  18. Nov 25, 2018
    So difikulte i need to use my keyrbord ti win a lot of CTRLPics and disbalanse
  19. Jul 10, 2018
    A great game,very relaxing.
    A lot of great features like putting together various house objects,being your own repairman,builder and painter.
    Every aspect of the game is very well done but there are some things missing that should be added later on : -Expanding a both house -Replacing windows -More furniture,maybe mod support so creative people could add their creations on the game
    A great game,very relaxing.
    -Expanding a both house
    -Replacing windows
    -More furniture,maybe mod support so creative people could add their creations on the game website so others can download them.
    -Lawnmower is missing for grass cutting
  20. Jul 16, 2018
    Am I going mad, why on Earth would I be cleaning up virtual garbage and painting walls? Well, the mad part is debatable, but House Flipper being fun definitely isn't. I've spent far too many hours cleaning and selling houses, my wife reckons I should be doing it for real, on our own house. I'm disabled and spend much of the day in bed. This game has given me a great way to pass time andAm I going mad, why on Earth would I be cleaning up virtual garbage and painting walls? Well, the mad part is debatable, but House Flipper being fun definitely isn't. I've spent far too many hours cleaning and selling houses, my wife reckons I should be doing it for real, on our own house. I'm disabled and spend much of the day in bed. This game has given me a great way to pass time and not having to worry about being shot or completing something by the clock.

No time limits, plenty to do and let your imagination run free. I recommend it for anyone from 7 to 97. And I've never spilled a drop of paint on the carpet or furniture. You can go flippin' mad as well. Grab a copy of House Flipper and find your hidden talents. Just don't let your wife know you're a good painter / decorator.
  21. May 11, 2019
    House flipper is a game where you flip houses.
    You start of with a little bit of money, and you earn money by doing chores. With the money earned, you can buy houses, which you fix up and decorate, and then sell (or keep as a new office). The game itself is unique, and has a fun gameplay loop. There is not much of a grind, and the game keeps feeling fresh.
    For those who are scared of
    House flipper is a game where you flip houses.

For those who are scared of roaches or spiders, do not worry! There is an option in game which allows you to change those pests into pieces of glass. Parents BEWARE. The game contains one house which has jumpscares and is ABSOLUTELY NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN IN ANY WAY!
    The game does not give you an option to turn it off, nor does it warn you.
    A lot of the assets this game uses are "free" or bought assets from the unity and the unreal engine stores. This makes it feel a bit cheap. The game overall is a solid 7.5/10. It's a lot of fun and a solid game.
  22. Feb 27, 2019
    200h and counting great time consumer, creative people will love this game, I even recreated my own room to see what it would look like in different color.
  23. Mar 8, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. House flipper is a game that is simple when it first came out, the first i'd say 1 hour at most is just doing odd jobs, the game has come a long way since it first got released, it didn't have the ability to get to the second floor to paint the walls on the outside, but now you can, i didn't like the game when it first came out but each seasonal stuff i give it another chance and i have went from a 3 to a 9 since the game has been out, there is free dlc that anyone can get, there is so much stuff that has been added into the game, haunted houses, the murder house(which has been there since the start), Walter whites house(with the pizza on the roof), just the houses at the beginning are kinda the same but slowly the more money yo have and spend on the house the better and better it gets it seems to be great if you want to relax and just have some good old fashion fun, the game has no story what so ever but it doesn't need a story its a simulation game, you just need the ability to do the things that you would need to do, at first you couldn't replaced pluming now you can, before they didn't have scaffolding in the game, now they do, they have added so much in the game and the next DLC is adding landscaping. it h as come the longest way any game has come the farthest(at least for simulation games) Expand
  24. Mar 25, 2019
    This is best simulator game I had ever seen. I don't understand why metacritic give 68 point for this game
  25. Feb 11, 2020
    House flipper is greatly relaxing and much more immersive than I was expecting. This is a fun game to play to wind down, or to have an exception creative outlet. The game also features realistic design choice, and an interesting and immersive experience into the world of real estate.
  26. Jun 5, 2019
    This game is a joke. One of the worst games on the market with many bugs and dull gameplay.
  27. Mar 6, 2020
    It’s clear that this is a good simulator, but we still need to work hard on it. There are minor flaws that are striking, I hope they correct.
  28. Nov 17, 2019
    It's a pretty good game, but after a while I found better games and almost never came back to it. A good stress buster, but there's better things.
  29. Nov 19, 2019
    Avant d’entrer dans le vif du sujet, il faut avoir à l’esprit que pour moi, House Flipper a une saveur particulière, dans la mesure où c’est mon tout premier jeu, après l’achat d’un PC Gamer.

Si j’ai quitté le confort de mon canapé, avec bon nombre de console, des années durant, pour m’orienter vers l’univers de l’ordinateur, c’est pour avoir enfin la possibilité de jouer aux jeux de gestions, qui regorge plutôt sur cette plateforme, ce qui est le cas présentement de House Flipper.

Je ne sais pas pourquoi lui précisément, peut-être pour me sentir un peu dans la peau à la fois de Valérie Damidot et de Stéphane Plaza, parce que oui, il y a de ça.

En début de partie, je me familiarise avec le clavier/souris et je lance quelques missions, un peu en guise de tuto puisque très vite, je me rends compte qu’elles n’ont pas un grand intérêt. Alors, je me tourne vers l’achat, la rénovation et la revente immobilière. Ce que je constate rapidement, c’est que l’argent coule très vite à flot, simplement, sans grand effort.

Côté gameplay, c’est fun, on décore comme bon nous semble, on casse un mur pour agrandir une pièce, on achète et installe de nouveaux objets (avec cependant un catalogue quelque peu léger), on répare une prise électrique défectueuse, on pose un nouveau plancher tout neuf, où un revêtement mural, bref, on rénove, on embellit, et c’est vraiment cool jusqu’à ce que, finalement, la monotonie du gameplay ne finisse par tôt ou tard prendre le dessus.

Pour la durée de vie, les développeurs ont prévu beaucoup de maisons dans lesquelles bosser, offrant une excellente durée de vie, surtout avec l’arrivé du DLC (payant) Garden Flipper, permettant de s’occuper désormais des extérieurs en plus des intérieurs...
  30. May 20, 2020
    House Flipper is a game for creative people who do not enjoy doing boring chores in real life but will gladly take out the trash or clean windows in a video game.

House Flipper's only downfall is the lack of content. Most importantly, the catalogue leaves a lot to be desired; the variety in furniture is still quite lacking, and many houses easily end up looking quite samey with the sleek, Ikea-like designs. If I were to build a cozy little cottage for my grandma, I would probably be having a harder time. When it comes to the gameplay, just expect to do the same things over and over again. The game will NOT change the further you go (apart from getting some upgrades that make you, for example, clean faster), and it will be easy to feel like you have hit a wall after selling a few houses.

Furthermore, I don't believe this game is ready for DLC. Considering how restrictive the game is in a creative sense when it comes to the base game, I do not find having to buy DLCs to receive tiny bits and pieces that you'd imagine would've been there already too pleasant.

House Flipper isn't visually anything to write home about nor does it have compelling gameplay, but in all of its repetitiveness it is a comfortable time sink and definitely has potential. If the game receives more content in order to create more interesting houses and lessens some of the tediousness (e.g. being able to tile only one sliver of the wall at a time), it will absolutely become a much more satisfying and addictive cleaning/interior design simulator than it is now.
  31. Feb 7, 2020
    I had trouble at the beginning with the game for getting started because I am French and my keyboard is in Azerty while the game works in Qwerty mode good I found the solution by installing the language US

when the game is very pleasant with a lot of possibilities to decorate the houses, the work system is really well developed it really allows you to have a good time without stress

it really allows you to have a good time without stress and do your work as you want
  32. Jun 5, 2020
    .................... Best Home/Garden Improvement Game ....................
  33. Jun 7, 2020
    The contracts are pretty fun, they took me around 10 hours, but after that the game can get a bit boring. As a huge fan of games like The Sims I expected more variety in objects. I want to move the outside walls so I could really design my own house.
  34. May 24, 2020
    This game was very fun and intresting i spent 24hours on this game and then being told that i have done all the houses now i can redo them. which i think is stupid they should give you more houses, now i lost $30 for a game that repeats it self. i think the owners of house flipper should give us 100 more houses in the next update. I would give this game 10 out of 10 but since it repeatsThis game was very fun and intresting i spent 24hours on this game and then being told that i have done all the houses now i can redo them. which i think is stupid they should give you more houses, now i lost $30 for a game that repeats it self. i think the owners of house flipper should give us 100 more houses in the next update. I would give this game 10 out of 10 but since it repeats itself I'm gonna give it lower. Expand
  35. Jun 20, 2020
    Really enjoying my time with this game. I play it in quick bursts to relax and wind down after a busy day. My one wish is that there was more flexibility in building houses. You're constrained to a preset foundation with the outer house walls limiting some design potential.
  36. Jun 22, 2020
    Perfect for some evening chill! I really enjoy these games where you can just let your imagination loose, think outside the box, and design a beautiful house!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Jun 29, 2018
    It seems a little silly to gush about a video game that simulates housework but given the added amount of stress and anxiety that has crept into my life lately, House Flipper is a wonderful way to shut out the noise of the world for a little bit.
  2. Jun 28, 2018
    It is a niche title, but it can be a very fun game if you don't mind spending hours remaking houses and decorating them to your heart's content.
  3. Jun 19, 2018
    House Flipper is one of those titles that you just don't expect to be as good as it is. Seriously, play this videogame.