7.7

1. Sep 25, 2016
    I cannot comprehend the amount of mild, disappointing reviews for such a splendid game. In terms of puzzle design it is certainly on-par with the likes of Limbo, The Swapper and other acclaimed puzzle-platformers. Most of the puzzles do not require heavy lateral thinking but there is sometimes a real-time constraint to the formula that requires you to think fast and right which makes it aI cannot comprehend the amount of mild, disappointing reviews for such a splendid game. In terms of puzzle design it is certainly on-par with the likes of Limbo, The Swapper and other acclaimed puzzle-platformers. Most of the puzzles do not require heavy lateral thinking but there is sometimes a real-time constraint to the formula that requires you to think fast and right which makes it a rather unique (and beautiful) puzzler. The main concept of the game revolves around switching the world's ambient color so that some elements of the level appear and disappear depending on how the color affects them and the designer's variations on this theme are as numerous as they are ingenious (most of the time). What adds to my confusion on how mild some of the reviews are is how exquisite this game is on so many levels: the artwork is simple yet lovely (no retro pixelated crap), the soundtrack features some delightful piano pieces which render a calm and soothing mood and the story/narration while simple, is well told, heartfelt and very much engaging - this makes for a very well done game in every regard. In all, I completed the game in around 5 hours which makes the 17$ ish price-tag much reasonable. In short, if you appreciated Braid, Fez (imho, Hue's puzzles are better), Limbo (kinda weak on the puzzle side but oh the incredible ambiance!), Hue is a game for you - no pun intended. Expand
  2. Feb 11, 2018
    I know the game was acclaimed but for meu is not a top game. It has a lot of positives from which I have to speak about the magnificent and relaxing soundtrack and interesting puzzle mechanics.

Probably 70% of the time we will be pointlessly walking around, and some puzzles have difficulty pikes I cannot understand.

Overal is still a great game, just not a 10/10.
  3. Jul 6, 2020
    wonderful art and sound design, the game feels great to play and the puzzles are fun and challenging!
  4. Feb 14, 2020
    Nice little puzzle platformer. Enjoyed every little second of this game from Start to finish. Moderately challenging puzzles with a very unique gimmick using colours to advance. Highly recommended this game definitely worth it especially at it's small price.
  5. Jul 3, 2020
    I love this game. Everything is perfect: the music, the puzzles, the story and the graphic.
  6. Jul 10, 2020
    This game has great puzzles, gameplay, visuals, and storytelling.
    I'd strongly recommend it.
  7. Aug 9, 2020
    Hue is a vibrantly creative puzzle-solving game despite some pacing issues.
  8. Aug 30, 2016
    Su única pega es la corta duración del título, y quizá alguna ausencia como un modo multijugador que le hubiera venido de perlas al título (con cada jugador usando una paleta de colores distinta). Pero lo que ya tenemos es un plataformas de puzzles bonito, disfrutable y muy bien realizado, tanto artísticamente como jugablemente, que desde aquí deseamos que no pase desapercibido.
  9. Sep 8, 2016
    A well made game and polished experience. Jump into the shoes of character Hue and traverse a world laden with vibrant colours and beautiful artwork. Solve challenging puzzles by shifting the colour of the world.
  10. Dec 26, 2020
    An interesting game made in a too simple and partly crooked style.
    The general story of the game with the study of colors from a different angle is interesting, but it is made exclusively in the form of a few letters that do not tell, absolutely nothing, except for a small family drama.
    An interesting game made in a too simple and partly crooked style.
    The general idea of ​​the gameplay is interesting, but there are too many colors. This, in my opinion, is too much for a comfortable gaming.
    The music is not annoying, but that's all. What I really didn’t like was the excessively huge empty locations. In places when you listen to letters, this can be understood, but in other moments, running through empty huge corridors for a long time is a little annoying.
    In general, the game is not bad, inexpensive, so you can try to evaluate non-trivial work. For me, this is 7 out of 10.
  11. Dec 31, 2018
    Very good game, congratulations for Developers. awesome and sometimes almost impossible puzzles.
  12. Feb 24, 2021

10 - Novelty
    7 - Puzzle difficulty
    7 - Platformer
    8 - Story

If you seeking for new experience (mechanics) than try this game.
    You need to juggle colors to solve puzzles.
  13. Jul 10, 2020
    This is generally a good game but it lacks a bit of polish. When you start the game the first thing you see is a popup that tells you that it's recommended to play with a controller. This is good advice, however, the second thing you notice is that the menuing can only be done with the analog stick.

Many things were done right in this game, but seriously this is the type of stuff you find during playtesting. That's by no means the only example for this, but I think it illustrates my point well.

The logic puzzles are creative and well made, they become reasonably hard towards the end of the game, but none require taking notes and such. In some of the later levels I was a bit unsure if my solution was the intended solution, but most levels had a clear solution.

I don't like the story that much, but I don't generally like stories which leave stuff open for interpretation, so this might just be me.
  14. Jul 13, 2020
    I completed this game Live on twitch and left it up as a collection:

My 5 year old and I loved collecting the "potions"...it was addictive (and rewardingly frustrating) to say the least. Great puzzler.
  15. Oct 10, 2020
    Good worldview and graphic.
    I was coming to feel something lack.
    The reason is this game depended too much on the game mechanics of changing colors.
  16. Jan 21, 2021
    Interesting concept but it stop on the surface. It could have been much better and more inspiring. The level design is often blend, the puzzle starts to get dull after a couple hours. I'm almost at the end and I can't wait to finish it only to take it out of my PC. The story is not really interesting and while it had a lot of potential, it falls flat for most of his elements.
  17. Dec 15, 2020
    SIMPLISMENTE INCRÍVEL!!! Esse jogo é ótimo pra acalmar e relxar os animos depois de um dia ruim. Diria que ele é como uma terapia.

Se eu fosse compara-lo a um outro jogo, ele seria um "Limbo alegre". Falo isso pois o Limbo é voltado para um estilo mono-cromático de terror, com gore e monstros pra te atacar. Já Hue se basea na utilização da mudança de cores para criar uma atmosfera variada. O mesmo senário pode ter diferentes sentimentos de acordo com as cores que você a utiliza.

Quanto aos puzze, não são tão complexos (exceto pelo ultimo, que eu demorei uns 30 min pra resolver). Mas assim, como a proposta dele é ser um jogo relaxante.

Quanto pontos ruins, é apenas a falta de tradução. Meu inglês não é bom, então tive dificuldades pra entender a história.

Conclusão, se curti jogos de puzzes como Limbo, The Bridge, The Talos Principle, etc, o jogo Hue é indispensável para você! Compre, não vai se arrepender

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Oct 3, 2016
    While it never gets frustratingly fiddly, you'll also rarely be seriously taxed. Despite all those colours, Hue lacks the vibrancy of the very best puzzle-platformers. [Oct 2006, p.81]
  2. Oct 2, 2016
    A fun, challenging, original and well-constructed puzzle/platform game.
  3. Sep 17, 2016
    Hue easily sets itself apart from its indie platformer peers, with a well-crafted world, pitch perfect art and sound design, and taxing gameplay with an excellent learning curve.