8.4

1. May 19, 2013
    Its not best 10 bucks ever spend (best was Minecraft), but this GAME got AMAZING potential. I check every day for new updates. Now I see time when I will pickpocket town guards.
  2. Oct 4, 2019
    Hidden gem... It's kind of like fallout meets feudal Japan... If fallout weren't a decrepit husk being raked over the coals by Bethesda and feudal Japan took place on a moon. 10/10 will continue playing until my wife leaves me.
  3. Jun 30, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this cruel game reveals all your sadistic inclinations ... Severed limbs, acid lakes, samovars with hive's prostheses seem like children’s games compared to peeling
    10/10 by the way
  4. Apr 16, 2020
    best RPG sandbox game ever made, and well worth the asking price. theres a reason this is one of steams highest rated games.
  5. Aug 28, 2019
    In the character creation you've already got some important choices to make that will influence your playstyle for the rest of the game. You want to join the Holy Nation? well, too bad they don't like you because you've created a female Shek with the Holy Sword background and they will attack you on sight.

This also shows one of the core elements of the game: constant learning and

This also shows one of the core elements of the game: constant learning and improving through making mistakes and failing. Kenshi literally is "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" - the game. your whole party got wiped out in a fight, is heavily wounded or some of you even lost a limb? congratulations, your toughness just went up! overburdoned your inventory, which massively slows down your movement speed and reduces your chances of escaping raiders. bandits or slavers? congratulations, you're leveling up strength right now!

Kenshi is a sandbox survival game in a massively sized open world. you can play it however you want, you can actively seek out fights you'll lose to level up your toughness, you can play it safe and mine copper and ore near a city, buy a house inside a city and do some research, build your own settlement in the midst of nowhere and risk attracting some unwanted attention or you can join one of the factions like the aforementioned Holy Nation and fight for their cause.

If Kenshi isn't edgy enough for you as it is there are also mods that allow you to play as a slaver or cannibal. this game is literally one of the most sandboxy games to be released since the outstanding Daggerfall and you'll not only see your character's stats rising constantly, but also the number of hours you've played it. sandbox roleplaying hasn't been that much fun in quite some time.
  6. Apr 2, 2019
    Kenshi is a masterpiece and is one of a kind, do not miss out. This game ticked so many boxes for gameplay mechanics that other games couldn't and revealed some mechanics I never knew I wanted. The progression is perfect. Kenshi won't hold your hand but it showers you in rewards you when you reach your goals. I am about 120 hours in on my first playthrough since 1.0 and have barelyKenshi is a masterpiece and is one of a kind, do not miss out. This game ticked so many boxes for gameplay mechanics that other games couldn't and revealed some mechanics I never knew I wanted. The progression is perfect. Kenshi won't hold your hand but it showers you in rewards you when you reach your goals. I am about 120 hours in on my first playthrough since 1.0 and have barely explored 30% of the map and still have so many more goals for my ever-growing faction. Expand
  7. Aug 28, 2020
    really really amazing game!!!!! I thought this game was gonna suck but one day I was bored and purchased this game and when I downloaded this game I was close to refunding but when I played for an hour that hour then doubled and doubled and doubled, I realized this game was amazing and I really want anyone who reads this to play it, it is a special game. (Epic Game)
  8. Oct 21, 2020
    Proposta incrivel unico porém é que é muito mal otimizado com muitos loadings
  9. Nov 28, 2013
    When I first saw this game, thought it was gonna be a M&B: Warband clone, only in a Asian setting, and that sounded great. But what this game is, is so much more, or at least potentially.

You create a character in a post apocalyptic fuadal japan-ish world, and from there your on your own. You can be a merchant, thieve, docter, shop owner, start your own town/outpost, craft your own weapons and armor, build different kind of fuctional buildings, research technology to build/craft even better stuff. You can train in fighting, recruit an army of any size, and control and train each person individually. Well you get the idea...

At first the game had sub-par GFX and no sound, but bear in mind it was still in Alpha (and still is), the graphics keep inproving immensely, and there is sound now. On top of that new major features keep being added every couple of months.

In its current state (29/11/2013) the game is allready very enjoyable, so buy it now while i'ts still in it's Alpha pricing $20.
  10. Dec 12, 2018
    Absolutely love this game and would strongly recommend. It instantly feels like a classic game for me with a strong community, good mods, and incredible gameplay. Hard to compare other games to because there are so few games that do what this does so well, but it has a Fallout meets Rimworld sort of feel to it.

Extremely open ended, but the world can be a tough master - it won't

Extremely open ended, but the world can be a tough master - it won't necessarily force your play style but will force you to make hard decisions or punish you for rushing. For instance, if you want to strike out on your own and empire build, you may need to grind a bit and/or recruit a ton before you can adequately defend the settlement in a more lawless region. If you want to live in a safe region, like the Holy Lands, you have to follow the rules (meaning you can't recruit non-humans or females without risk of bringing unholy hell upon your people). And generally speaking, it seems as though if you are in a more "controlled" portion of the map, your settlement will have to pay taxes. A lot of them. Unless you want to fight the very people you hope to trade with or receive protection from.

It is rough around the edges, in the same way Mount and Blade was rough around the edges. It has crashed occasionally for me, and it can slow down on my computer when I'm all over the map or have been running it a ton. But it also has that same inexorable pull; an incredible open-ended experience that was clearly a product of a lot of time and love. It will punish your schedule and force you into sick days. It will force you to start over.
  11. Mar 20, 2013
    many features for an early development game and i really enjoy the level of freedom. definetly worth the 15 bucks and just the thought that all this came from one guy is crazy iam all in!
  12. Apr 4, 2016
    An ambitious project, finally in beta. Been playing it since 2013, and watching it grow. Brilliant, unique, varied gameplay. I look forward to every little update.
  13. Oct 1, 2013
    This was one of the best games i have played in a long time currently being worked on by several devs it was designed by one guy till recently. Updates are steady and updates do not contain many bugs, sound is being worked on along with females, clothing, and other game play features. You can create a town, a army, and more. You can be a bandit, established faction leader, Mayor, or just aThis was one of the best games i have played in a long time currently being worked on by several devs it was designed by one guy till recently. Updates are steady and updates do not contain many bugs, sound is being worked on along with females, clothing, and other game play features. You can create a town, a army, and more. You can be a bandit, established faction leader, Mayor, or just a simple merchant Expand
  14. Jan 7, 2019
    I have been waiting a long, long time for a sandbox game like this! This is one of the most addicting games I have played in a long time! This is a game without quests, its a world you decide how your going to fit into it. I love it and hope they keep adding content to it!
  15. Jun 25, 2014
    There are hours of entertainment to be had here. Still lacks content, and a but buggy, but if you can see past that it's fantastic. I can't wait for the final product.

Definitely worth the money.
  16. Apr 20, 2016
    In one sentence : The Sims with swords.

In a lot of sentences : Kenshi is a work in progress (as of April 2016) openworld/sandbox strategy RPG where the world evolves with you. You can steal things, sell it off to the fence, leave the criminal life behind and wander around as a trader, get ambushed, robbed, and captured, work hard in the mine as a shackled slave, or escape it and
    In one sentence : The Sims with swords.

You can steal things, sell it off to the fence, leave the criminal life behind and wander around as a trader, get ambushed, robbed, and captured, work hard in the mine as a shackled slave, or escape it and create an alliance of fellow slaves to create your own base, train hard, and slaughter your former captors.

Every incident, even unpleasant ones is an opportunity to grow. The game has a complex skill/level system where the more you get hit and survive the fight, the stronger you will become in the next fights, but that also means the more you meet the same opponents that you've beaten off and let go, the stronger he/she will become as well.
    All in all you have to survive in Kenshi's hard world, somehow.
  17. Jan 4, 2019
    I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I been literally playing none stop for days a time!!!

Huge fan of fall and elder scrolls. This fits my bill :). I now wish they would expand the lore a little bit behind the history of the place etc...
  18. Jan 3, 2019
    I like it very much! This is monster game! Congratulations to authors! Many playstyles..
  19. May 30, 2014
    Although Kenshi is a bit buggy (pathing & structures) I have found it to be a very satisfying combination of simulation/rpg/tower defense games. I do enjoy acquiring new followers and "training" them to fit my overall strategy. The open-world aspect fits really well giving you the freedom to play any way you desire. So far I haven't dealt with many aspects of the game, like factionAlthough Kenshi is a bit buggy (pathing & structures) I have found it to be a very satisfying combination of simulation/rpg/tower defense games. I do enjoy acquiring new followers and "training" them to fit my overall strategy. The open-world aspect fits really well giving you the freedom to play any way you desire. So far I haven't dealt with many aspects of the game, like faction reputation, but I do look forward to exploring them and new updates as they are released. So far it has surpassed my expectations making it a fine investment for $20. Expand
  20. Sep 29, 2013
    This game is in Alpha stage, and is unfinished and unpolished as of right now. (which is completely natural considering its current development stage) So why a 9/10? That doesn't make sense does it?

I disregarded: -bugs, glitches etc -lack of content that is announced. and focused entirely on its potential and current playability: If i had disregarded potential as well, i would

I disregarded:

-bugs, glitches etc
    -lack of content that is announced.

and focused entirely on its potential and current playability:
    If i had disregarded potential as well, i would have to drop it to 7/10. 100+ hours of fun in this state, deserves at least that.

Why i like it:
    It's a squad based RPG in a sandbox environment. And its highly mod-able. Yeah sure there's limited stuff to do in the game, as of right now, but new content are added regularly. The feeling of freedom is great in this game.
    Want a new outpost, so you can trade with the trade caravans? Alright, better go pick up some slabs of stone and start building.
    Want to run around killing bandits? Then do that.. Just make sure you're ready for a fight. You might want to scavenge a few fights between the holy order, samurai lords or bandits first.
    Want to befriend the bandits? Run around healing the bandits after they get crushed by an enemy.
    Want to fight a faction, go right ahead.
    Finding the end game a bit easy? Go mod in your own faction of bad-asses and look at them rip apart the world.

If you're put off by the early access, don't buy it and wait.
    If you don't want to buy a game based on its potential, then pick it up if it drops its price a little and you feel comfortable paying for it. It's still enjoyable in it's current state, especially if you like tweaking stuff.
    Which leads me to the last bit:
    If you like to modify and tweak game mechanics etc, and the game concept intrigues you. BUY IT. I sincerely doubt you will regret it.
  21. Jan 7, 2019
    The potential of the game is huge, and the developer has done a great job alone. Respect the guy.
  22. Feb 5, 2019
    Buggy, but extremely addicting. It is quite a unique game to play. Character progression can be a bit grindy, especially at the start, but once you start to truly progress towards your goals, the game becomes breathtaking.
  23. May 17, 2019
    Even if the wayfinding is bad and it can be a buggy/glitchy mess i love this game.
    In fact it might just be my new fav game ever and it took over 10 years for a game to even compete with gothic (original)
    Its addictive and hard work it's pain but i'm a masochist.
  24. Mar 31, 2013
    When I first saw this game I was doubtful. Then i watched a trailer or two and played the demo. Then I thought "This game has the potential to be a great game." It is still in Alpha so you would either have to cash in your bets and go early release and get a good game for a cheaper price or if they do something horrible then you're stuck with it. You have to judge it and pray that theWhen I first saw this game I was doubtful. Then i watched a trailer or two and played the demo. Then I thought "This game has the potential to be a great game." It is still in Alpha so you would either have to cash in your bets and go early release and get a good game for a cheaper price or if they do something horrible then you're stuck with it. You have to judge it and pray that the developers know what they're doing. Expand
  25. Aug 17, 2014
    Refreshingly creative concept that does not restrain the player in any way from doing whatever he likes. If you like freedom to act, true choice and a massive sandbox to play in, this will fill the bill. The looks of the game are the most unfinished part- the combat itself is handled realistically and wounds/damage to characters plays out great. Generally when you lose, you are left maimedRefreshingly creative concept that does not restrain the player in any way from doing whatever he likes. If you like freedom to act, true choice and a massive sandbox to play in, this will fill the bill. The looks of the game are the most unfinished part- the combat itself is handled realistically and wounds/damage to characters plays out great. Generally when you lose, you are left maimed and broken, but fixable with time and the help of an ally. The game requires patience, strategy, tactical thought and the brains to run away when you need to. I like this lots. Expand
  26. Jan 31, 2014
    I keep this short & clean.
    Pros
    - Much of play styles - Able to compensate hard situations with simple tactics & mind play. - This game is the only one I've ever came cross with, and I find this very unique and potential game. - Good & tough world with no "OP" setup to go with. - I find this game atm balanced. - Price/Content rate is ridiculous, so "cheap" for such a big amount of
    I keep this short & clean.
    Pros
    - Much of play styles
    - Able to compensate hard situations with simple tactics & mind play.

- Good & tough world with no "OP" setup to go with.
    - I find this game atm balanced.
    - Price/Content rate is ridiculous, so "cheap" for such a big amount of content which is updated constantly
    - And the most valuable thing for this game: Freedom to do what you want.
    - No quick travel
    - Unique "leveling" system
    - Full customization over squad members

Cons
    - It can be frustrating (atm) to aggro constantly bandits (if there are many) which are recovering from critical blows after fights, as you & faction aggro them. (If they(=bandits) are assaulting ie. npc city)
    - Can be little bit lagged sometimes to move around the global map and get stuck somewhere. (often between heights and low environments)
    - Random crashes are annoying if you haven't saved frequently.
    - Enemy AI can sometimes feel shabby.

Anyways cons are minor things, which can be fixed anytime soon

I have much of things to say, but I suggest this for anyone seeking unfair adventure for glory & pride.
  27. Jan 12, 2019
    it's a really good game with a lot of gameplay mechanics and a lively world. it just has some bugs that need to be fixed but mods can fix that for the time being it also has some clunky controls but other than those 2 issues its a really good game 9/10
  28. Feb 3, 2019
    This is the best game in my last 7 years.
    Each action brings great pleasure!
    Huge beautiful living open world and you are part of it!
  29. Mar 28, 2019
    It took a long time, but its here, the cluster-mess known as Kenshi, i don't know what kind of Genre this game belongs to, but it got me addicted, watching my characters slowly rise in power, Losing their battles made them stronger, eventually they got captured and turned into slaves, then they escaped to join the Anti-slavers and destroyed slavery, now the economy is broken since theIt took a long time, but its here, the cluster-mess known as Kenshi, i don't know what kind of Genre this game belongs to, but it got me addicted, watching my characters slowly rise in power, Losing their battles made them stronger, eventually they got captured and turned into slaves, then they escaped to join the Anti-slavers and destroyed slavery, now the economy is broken since the slaves aren't collecting the raw materials, but man, its really fun to watch it happen. Expand
  30. Apr 22, 2019
    Absolutely amazing sandbox RPG game. It just get's me and holds me nonstop two weeks. I was unable sleep, work and think to anything else then Kenshi. I was became warlord with my squad of robotics ninjas and with them and LOT of training time I was able to wipe out whole nation of Paladins.
    Later they became legends cause of their adventure to slain 1000.years old and still living Emperors of ancient Nation. How will you play this game is just your choice. Peaceful trader? Alone Adventurer? Powerful warlord? Mayor of your own town ? Or just create your own adventure with game editor and share it with others.
    So what do you waiting for ? Go play it !
  31. Feb 17, 2019
    Evaluation of the game was made with an eye to the fact that it is an indie project.

Want to play a chic RPG-Sandbox-Strategy with some survival elements and your personal storyline? Then Kenshi is an option for you! I will speak briefly about this game. One of the few games to date, where you can really play ANY role! The game has no rail plot, you are free to build it yourself.

In more detail
    The only amendment - at the beginning of the game offers you to choose your beginning. Not much depends on it, namely: the amount of your money, the place of launch and the number of enemies you will encounter in this place. For his first pass, he chose a standard start.
    From the very beginning, the game makes you understand that you are no different from other characters, you are not unique. After that, she throws you into an unfriendly world, where at any corner you can wait for trouble. Starting from the banal famine or clash with Gopnik in the bar. Finishing a raid on your base or meeting in an abandoned
    a place with a bunch of robots who will consider you their master and will follow you everywhere, protecting you along the way.
    There is an interesting mechanic with the loss of limbs. On the one hand, it can make you a cripple. On the other hand, you can put the prosthesis and become stronger. You can expand your squad by hiring recruits. There is an opportunity to build your city. You can build your shop.
    You can go the way of a thief, a merchant, a researcher, an invader, you can establish your own empire, you can become a skilled blacksmith or the most common gangster. Everything depends on you more than ever.
    A good customization of characters. It is nice to see a fairly large number of copyright mods in the workshop that will help you expand the game.
    In addition, at the beginning you are very dependent on merchants. And the economy of the game is not the easiest.

Verdict
    For this price, this game is recommended to all lovers of good sandboxes. Due to the complete freedom of your actions, the unfriendly world of Kenshi and spantannyh events, sometimes to the disgraceful absurd, the game in some places becomes the scale of a good series with your story. On the other hand, if you are not able to compose your own history of events, then this game is not for you.

I will not write about the pros and cons. At the expense of the Steam workshop, most of the minuses are solved. In this case, I will not say that there are downsides on the technical side. Rather, the minuses in taste and color. Pluses in turn are already painted above.

Enjoy all the game!
  32. Mar 22, 2019
    Excellent game. Played it for over 200 hours. The amount of options and strategies to do the things you want to do are staggering. From creating a settlement in the swamps, to training one character to be super strong, it is very satisfying.
  33. Mar 10, 2019
    one of the best games i have ever played, now that its released the bugs are very few and its very moddable, you will never run out of content and you can do whatever you want, a true rpg game
  34. Aug 9, 2021
    I recently noticed some Kenshi game-play, downloaded demo and found it very addictive. I bought the game at full price via Steam and i am happy with this purchase, except last few nights I send playing this highly addictive game.
    How would I describe it?
    Fallout 1/2 mixed with Mount&Blade (minus FPS/slasher). No other RPG game allows you to do ANYTHING in the game, like looting,
    How would I describe it?
    Fallout 1/2 mixed with Mount&Blade (minus FPS/slasher).
    No other RPG game allows you to do ANYTHING in the game, like looting, enslaving and pillaging...
  35. Jul 9, 2020
    Kenshi by Lo-Fi Games took 12 years to make, and most of it was done by just one man, Chris Hunt. As many games, I had this on my wish list for a while. And then, it went on sale, and I nabbed it. Best money I ever spent. It's an incredible game. Ok, Pros and Cons...

PROS Open- End Free Roaming world. Do what you want. Be what you want. Very In-depth character creation. Huge world,

PROS

Open- End Free Roaming world. Do what you want. Be what you want.
    Very In-depth character creation.
    Huge world, with full weather, day/night cycle and storms.
    Nice graphics.
    Nearly bug free.
    Thousands of choices to make.
    No two games are alike. It's an ever changing world.
    Beautiful scenery and eye candy.
    Unique leveling and drop system.
    You can easily dump 1000 + hrs into this.

CONS

Random freezing when exiting through main menu.
    Very unforgiving, but that's what makes the game great.

The game is just wickedly cool. Mr. Hunt and some people are already working on Kenshi 2. I for one can't wait to play it. Any ways... for those with any doubts about Kenshi, just try it. I give this flawless diamond a perfect 10 without a second thought. Just awesome. Thanks Chris!
  36. Oct 7, 2021
    In this game you actually start as a nobody, and the game does well in demonstrating that. It also doesn't hold your hand and lets you do absolutely anything you want. Want to take over countries? You can. Want to create a drug smuggling empire? Do it. Want to wear the skin of your enemies as you genocide the entire continent? Yup. Want to run a peaceful (as possible) resupply outpost forIn this game you actually start as a nobody, and the game does well in demonstrating that. It also doesn't hold your hand and lets you do absolutely anything you want. Want to take over countries? You can. Want to create a drug smuggling empire? Do it. Want to wear the skin of your enemies as you genocide the entire continent? Yup. Want to run a peaceful (as possible) resupply outpost for other travelers? Also possible. Expand
  37. Sep 2, 2019
    It's not a game for a casual gamers. You have to accept it before try to play.
    Kenshi is a game without a good musical theme, the graphic is unpolished as the animations and it takes a lot of RAM. Still....
    It's not a game for a casual gamers. You have to accept it before try to play.
    It's awesome. Not having a quest can be strange at the beginning but it really let you be whatever you want. The game doesn't let you make mistakes. Of course, you can reload anytime. If you are looking for a rpg with a real challenge and you don't dislike building a city and manage all the people in, then I suggest to take this game. Maybe wait for the sales XD
  38. Mar 17, 2020
    Hello
    This is my currently favorite game (i played the **** out of new vegas and all the games i tried up to 2020 march meet same fate as witcher 3/skyrim/darkest dungeon/xcom2 - played for hours till i get sick of it or bioshock infinite - played it till the end and get bored before finishing, but finished from guilt.
    Kenshi falls in the 1st Category, i play it since year or longer
    Hello

Kenshi falls in the 1st Category, i play it since year or longer and i cant stop playing
    Kenshi with enough imagination can be everything starting from RPG - thru squad based RPG up to the RTS style strategy experience
    game have amazing quest system, instead of giving you any directions or anything, kenshi gives you big map to explore.
    Kenshi is very combat heavy and combat is best part of the game, like when Dragons Dogma showed me best 3d melee combat i saw in rpg, here i believe you can have best isometric real time with pause combat
    Game have flaws and problems:
    1st its extremely addictive i got like 100 hours of streams where i just walk and explore the world
    enemy AI dont exist, ok npces have programmed actions and goals and other things, but sometimes its just sick
    during siege every enemy aim for the gate with sticks, no siege mechanic, no fire based weapons no climbing walls
    so when combat rewards you for using positioning, strategy, proper weapons and armors, enemies are just stupid forward gumbas from mario
    Game has dialogues where you can interact and your decision might affect how faction acts towards you, sometimes grand you free guards or free food, sometimes mock you or rob from gold or friends
    there are also dialog in background and books/notes full of text thats the main lore-source in the game, world in kenshi is criptic and full of mysteries to discover, fan theories can be made for ages
    besides notes and books items description says a lot, specially unique items
    in game you will be very offen see dust and dirt, but if you have will to explore you will find everything including snow, tundra, taiga, deep swamps, forests and all of them have something to show
    Factions in kenshi are great, 1st time players will have easy time finding who should they hate, experienced players will have hard time finding who not to hate, masters will have very hard time finding who not to love :D
    music is fine, sounds effects are good and fine, all melee weapons share same samples so not mush i can say there its acceptable and never bad
    background music, here we have problems, main menu music rocks
    in game music is not afraid of silence or calm tones, just problem is 2 tracks in whole game have screeching and its not artistic one pleasant to hear, more like "lets start drilling thru the road at 2am"
    Game have Options, settings, controls, gameplay, everything have options, its not "console peasant delayed port for PC"
    Engine is old as **** but how unreal engine 4 would be any better?
    kenshi have tons of modding possibilities in it and easy access for someone who wanna start adventures with modding, when unreal engine games are just that
    10+ year of full love commitment development cant replace QoL modding ofc you could have both, but not with Unreal engine at least not for now
    Game have few gameplay traps, stealing and mining is basically what you do when you don't know how and what to do (i m still using stealing for food mostly for comfort of it and sense of danger)
    Game is full of real themes, politics, struggle of survival, slavery, propaganda, manipulation, abuse, drugs, corruption, violence, religion, discrimination on all stages and with some mods nudity and disgrace, we just missing sex abuse and mental traumatizing or at least some PTSD
    there are also endgame sinks, crafting and research is just click and wait simulator and thats garbage, i m glad there are no minigames, just wish to have it done faster (yes options allow to made it faster and its still too slow)
    i would say find -20%/-40% and grab on gog or steam whenever you will have time to play it
    game might throw you away since there is no directions and STORY is your character in world so can be sad or great and full of adventures
  39. Aug 1, 2019
    Possibly one of the best sandbox games ever made. It's ugly, it's janky, it's resource heavy. It's a world simulator that cares so little about you that, if you die, the world just keeps on running without you.

I've only been playing for a few weeks, but probably have well over 100 hours in it already. If you need direction, if you want quests, scripted behaviours, achievements and

If you need direction, if you want quests, scripted behaviours, achievements and recognition, this is not for you. If you relish the freedom of a true sandbox, then check this out. (Also, the sequel is now in development.)

As an added bonus, a very strong modding community lets you customise the base experience to tweak pretty much anything you want.
  40. Jan 13, 2020
    This game was surprising. I started as a slave and thought I had messed up badly but, as I slowly leveled up my stealth and found a few comrades wanting to escape, I finally attempted an escape from the holy nation. I failed miserably. After being broken down and carried to my cage, I realized this game was more than it seemed to be. So I thought of another plan. I'll disguise myself as aThis game was surprising. I started as a slave and thought I had messed up badly but, as I slowly leveled up my stealth and found a few comrades wanting to escape, I finally attempted an escape from the holy nation. I failed miserably. After being broken down and carried to my cage, I realized this game was more than it seemed to be. So I thought of another plan. I'll disguise myself as a holy nation guard and walk right through them. I didn't even know if it was possible, yet I tried. I stole the uniform after many quicksaves and I walked right through. After what felt like an arc in an anime, I had finally escaped captivity. I didn't know it then but that that was only the beginning of my character's journey. The prison escape alone felt like a game. As I looked behind on my caged past, I went on to journey across the world of Kenshi. Expand
  41. Jun 9, 2019
    Great idea, graphics and music could be improved, but loved the experience.
  42. Jul 18, 2019
    Its definitely a very niche game. The unpredictability of what is going to happen next is the main driver for this game. You wont know if you will get imprisoned, killed or eaten if you go outside cities walls, but you want to get stronger and the only way to do it is to risk it. I knew a person who did not leave the starting city for 30 days, mining and getting money so that he can gearIts definitely a very niche game. The unpredictability of what is going to happen next is the main driver for this game. You wont know if you will get imprisoned, killed or eaten if you go outside cities walls, but you want to get stronger and the only way to do it is to risk it. I knew a person who did not leave the starting city for 30 days, mining and getting money so that he can gear himself up, then getting knocked out by bandits and imprisoned as soon as he left. Story is hard to come by, but its in a style of dark souls, just yesterday i found out a very intriguing peace of history from my companion who was a skeleton (died same evening) about a possible way the world was destroyed. Its amazing. Expand
  43. Jan 26, 2020
    Surprisingly large and interesting lore with full sandbox-RPG gameplay. You can find 100+ hours of content because of that content added with lore. Graphics looks pretty bad but if you manage to dont care about it, it can waste your hundreds of hours in it and still you will find things that make you surprised and shocked in map. I think Kenshi 2 will be great and more exciting ^^. HighlySurprisingly large and interesting lore with full sandbox-RPG gameplay. You can find 100+ hours of content because of that content added with lore. Graphics looks pretty bad but if you manage to dont care about it, it can waste your hundreds of hours in it and still you will find things that make you surprised and shocked in map. I think Kenshi 2 will be great and more exciting ^^. Highly recommended. Expand
  44. Apr 23, 2020
    When the history of PC video games is written 200 years from now, future scholars will talk about this game. Lets get the obvious out of the way: the graphics engine makes the game look, well, pretty bad. It's clunky and buggy as hell. The barrier to entry for this game is high, it must be said; this is not a game for the philistine gamer, and I don't say that to be insulting. KenshiWhen the history of PC video games is written 200 years from now, future scholars will talk about this game. Lets get the obvious out of the way: the graphics engine makes the game look, well, pretty bad. It's clunky and buggy as hell. The barrier to entry for this game is high, it must be said; this is not a game for the philistine gamer, and I don't say that to be insulting. Kenshi is a sandbox game taken to its logical extreme. In this game, you can do everything, or you can do nothing. Each play-through is its own independent story. The lore is deep, but it is hidden. The games systems are subtle. Combat is very deep. If your micro is good enough, you can manually avoid attacks. The game world responds to every choice you make. This is the kind of experience that a person can become consumed by, if you have the personality to accept what it is. People who disparage Kenshi, at the risk of sounding pretentious, don't understand the game. To top it all off, the modding community is amazing and have added YEARS of life to the game. All-in-all, you are faced with, what is without a doubt, one of the best and most lovingly crafted indy games ever created. For lovers of minimalist narrative, extreme sandbox experiences, crushing difficulty, and meaningful consequences, Kenshi is among the best experiences you can have. Expand
  45. Jun 20, 2020
    Your view of Kenshi is paramountly influenced by your drive and creativity; this can be to it's detriment at times. However where Kenshi succeeds is in creating a believable world, which is incredibly complex; one will initially oblivious to this. This is positively influenced by it's mod friendly nature. The game can function as any other does, with somewhat liner progression, howeverYour view of Kenshi is paramountly influenced by your drive and creativity; this can be to it's detriment at times. However where Kenshi succeeds is in creating a believable world, which is incredibly complex; one will initially oblivious to this. This is positively influenced by it's mod friendly nature. The game can function as any other does, with somewhat liner progression, however this can become monotonous quickly. Kenshi encourages you to avoid any metas you learn, and experience each world independently. Truly immerse yourself, and Kenshi will back you back in kind. --- Having base building, being able to completely automate a functioning settlement, made literally anywhere in the game world, is something which you'll miss from other games in the future. Having a somewhat dynamic economy and political system, and being able to create armies yourself. Kenshi is a true sandbox, open-ended game, which everyone should experience, if not for what it offers, for reference when playing other games for contrast of how to do things right. Expand
  46. Jun 24, 2020
    Beep is love beep is life...
    I started 2 weeks ago and this game is my favorite now muahh
  47. Oct 11, 2021
    this is the best rpg ever and its cheap. could be better optimized but i have a fat pc so i dont care.
  48. Jul 11, 2020
    Я завис в игре на много дней, реальных дней. Да в игре нет сюжетной линии, но нужна ли она там? Отчасти да, но стоит задать себе какую либо цель и вы проведете много часов за её достижением.
  49. Jul 22, 2020
    Love the heart that clearly went into this game. This sort of game is unlikely to ever show up under a AAA banner and I'm grateful that Lo-Fi took the risk. Easily the most brutal game I've ever played and I loved every minute of it. Also, mods for days.
  50. Aug 8, 2020
    This game is great, if you like scifi, strategy, and survival game this game is for you, this game has same vibe like rimworld thought
  51. Aug 18, 2020
    Kenshi is a real RPG u can play any Roll you want.its like dark souls + Naruto
    THIS Game is The best
  52. Jun 12, 2021
    A very special game. You get used to the combat after some time and then the fun begins. Don´t leave cities alone and avoid beak things!
  53. Dec 8, 2020
    Best game ever! I need 75 more words to describe this game, but in the first sentence I have already said everything, so I will tell you a little about myself. I'm Edward, I live in Russia in city of Surgut. I have this year's exam and I'm sitting here writing some crap about a game in which I spent a lot of time. Anyone who likes to have fun I advise you to play
  54. Dec 8, 2020
    The best game ever. Ya Adam iz russia mine ochen ponravilas Kenshu. Igral bi v nee vsy jizen
  55. Dec 20, 2020
    The game has enough problems and it could look better, but all this does not prevent it from dragging you in for a long time. I enjoy playing this game. Looking forward to Kenshi 2. I respectfully wish the developers a huge success in their work...
  56. Feb 7, 2021
    This is one of the best games I have ever played hands down. But not without its faults, though.
    First of all, this game gives you infinite freedom and puts the "ropeplay" in RPG. You can do whatever you want to do and be whoever you want to be. But, like one wise individual said: "As long as whatever you do is extremely illegal, morally dubious and outright sadistic".
    You can be a

You can be a trader, a bounty hunter, a shopkeeper, you can create your own legion of fighters, your kingdom or even empire.

There is so much roleplay possibility on this game and you can create a unique backstory for each of your characters, or even create a clan with its own story.

This game will keep you wanting more and it will potentially make you obsessed with it, as you spend hours building your fortress and leveling up as you fight through the various enemies, all of whom want to kill you.

Traveling is a very big part of Kenshi, and most of the times it's dangerous. You will meet deadly wildlife, bandits, sadistic factions and every sort of thing that wants to kill you.

XP is gained quite tediously, so I recommend a 2X XP mod, if you're not the type to grind for hours. Speaking of mods, there is a huge community of modders that will massively overhaul your playthrough in fantastic ways.

Only complaints I have about the game is that it's very poorly optimized, since it runs on an old engine, which only uses 1 core of your CPU, and if your PC can't keep up, or you don't have an SSD, this game will lag quite badly and loading times will kill you. The old engine also means the graphics don't hold up. Again, that's where the mods come in. I recommend less pink please, and couple it with a shader, and you've got yourself a semi good looking game which doesn't burn your eyes when you look at it. (Also faces plus, it massively overhauls character faces).

Another complaint I have is that the more you get to know the game, the more you're able to cheese it. Don't do that and the game will be very fun.
  57. Mar 16, 2021
    Truly a game that gives you all the freedom you want. It doesn't hold you back to what you want to do. Want to destroy a settlement? Sure go ahead. Want to kidnap the emperor? Doable but hard. Want to build your own settlement and slowly rise to the top? Now that's where the game shines. It is a game experience I've never encountered before. It has a huge roleplay potential, and while theTruly a game that gives you all the freedom you want. It doesn't hold you back to what you want to do. Want to destroy a settlement? Sure go ahead. Want to kidnap the emperor? Doable but hard. Want to build your own settlement and slowly rise to the top? Now that's where the game shines. It is a game experience I've never encountered before. It has a huge roleplay potential, and while the graphic is dated, I'm sure you're able to enjoy the game after some time.

Not only that, the world itself is actually interesting. It is huge and barren, like any other post-apocalyptic game. The unique thing is when you actually encounter something, it's amazing, especially if you pay attention to the lore. I won't spoil it, but I recommend you to wander around if you decided to play this game. Warning though if you're using lower-end PC it's kinda frustrating to wait for all the loading. So yeah, go for it if it interest you.
  58. May 26, 2021
    Este juego es simplemente de los mejores que jugué en mi vida. Las graficas y la interfaz no son las mejores pero tiene una jugabilidad excelente. me parece que las grandes empresas deberían fijarse en kenshi y seguir su ejemplo. En vez de tantas micro transacciones basura, dlc, ray tracing deberían innovar en la jugabilidad tal y como lo hace kenshi. Una obra maestra!
  59. Aug 14, 2021
    Kenshi 10/10

Kenshi es lo que considero como el "juego definitivo", litarlmente puedes hacer de todo y todo lo que se te ocurra y me sorprende lo bien que esta logrado sin tener completamente una historia lineal como otro tipos de juegos y me sorprende mucho lo poco conocido que es este juego. Se me hace difícil hablar de un juego tan basto como este y estoy seguro que independiente
    Kenshi 10/10

Se me hace difícil hablar de un juego tan basto como este y estoy seguro que independiente de todo lo que hable no lograre hacerle justicia a este grandioso juego, en definitiva y como comente anteriormente kenshi es un juego de rol basado en escuadrones sin objetivo principal claro. con características de juego sandbox con final abierto y sin una historia lineal. En kenshi podras ser lo que tu quieras ser, puedes ser un comerciante, un ladrón, un rebelde, un señor de la guerra, un aventurero, un granjero, un esclavo o simplemente comida para los caníbales.

Simplemente la cantidad de opciones que este juego ofrece es muy amplio, literalmente puedes ser/hacer lo que a ti se te ocurra, el juego cuenta con diversos inicios (debido a que solo posee una única dificultad el tipo de inicio que elijas puede desencadenar toda la experiencia) lo que hara que en cada partida que jueges tengas una experiencia de juego completamente distinta a la anterior, a lo largo de tu aventura puedes jugar con uno o mas personajes (incluso pudiendo controlar a los animales del grupo) cada personaje cuenta con su propia historia y se pueden unir a tu equipo si les pagas o si los logras convencer a travez de la oratoria, cabe resaltar que cada uno de estos personajes tiene un sistema de habilidades por lo que puedes ir especializándolos en diversos aspectos como en velocidad de carrera, natación, habilidad con la espada o espada larga, tiro, puntería y kenpo un tipo de arte marcial muy eficaz y entretenida de ver en acción, como ya mencione antes existen diversos personajes en el juego los cuales pueden pertenecer a diversas razas las cuales son humanos, los esqueletos (robots), los shek y los hive, cada una de estas tiene diferentes habilidades los que los hace mejores que otros para ciertos tipos de trabajos, aunque también existen sub-razas dentro de estas razas por lo que deberás ver bien cual es el mejor trabajo que pueden desempeñar, aunque con suficiente practica cualquier personaje puede ser un experto en todo.
    el juego cuenta con un mapa inmenso y la posibilidad de poder contruir echar anclas en cualquier lugar del mapa, pero esta lleno de peligros y facciones, si facciones, en kenshi existen muchas facciones las cuales se reparten el mapa y tienen conflictos entre ellas y... con la facción del jugador, porque entre las posibilidades que existen esta la de crear una propia facción, cabe rezaltar que el mapa de facciones es dinamico, todas las partidas empiezan iguales pero podría darse el caso que si una facción pierde muchas escaramusas de la facicon enemiga pierda una que otra ciudad, de igual forma la posición de las facciones puede influir en el jugador.

Kenshi es un juego increíble, literalmente da la posibilidad de hacer una infinidad de cosas, lo que acabo de detallar aquí fue solamente una pincelada de lo que yo e experimentado y revisando por internet existen muchas otras cosas que se pueden hacer en este mundo postapocalíptico... si, como leíste, Kenshi también es un juego ambientado en un mundo postapocalíptico y ofrece la oportunidad de ir descubriendo que fue lo que llevo a este evento hace cientos de años.

sinceramente si tienes la oportunidad de jugar este videojuego sin duda alguna te lo recomiendo.
  60. Apr 29, 2022
    This game is almost brilliant, but you can see the lack of proper funding and, as a result, a worthwhile RPG plot and production. Since almost one person made the game and did it for 12 years, then 10 without talking.
  61. Sep 11, 2021
    Кенши одна из лучших игр по моему мнению. Бесят игры где тебя ведут за ручку и ты как обезьянка просто нажимаешь нужные кнопочки. Кенши не такая, тебя бросают в мир со своей историей и уникальными персонажами. Ты можешь по крупицам его изучать, вникая в сюжет, находя различные книги и записки, а можешь забить, и стать торговцем/кузнецом/киллером, или построить свой город. Игра с кучейКенши одна из лучших игр по моему мнению. Бесят игры где тебя ведут за ручку и ты как обезьянка просто нажимаешь нужные кнопочки. Кенши не такая, тебя бросают в мир со своей историей и уникальными персонажами. Ты можешь по крупицам его изучать, вникая в сюжет, находя различные книги и записки, а можешь забить, и стать торговцем/кузнецом/киллером, или построить свой город. Игра с кучей возможностей, где тебе не говорят, что НУЖНО делать, а просто иногда показывает, что МОЖНО делать в этом большом мире. Expand
  62. Sep 18, 2021
    traveled the world gathering, training and customizing the strongest group possible, only to be decimated by a 7-foot tall chicken on crack and his 6 times removed step family.
  63. Dec 1, 2021
    Честно , когда игру делают 11 лет один человек , ты сразу понимаешь , что игра , уже точно будет хорошей, также у игры есть встроенный гибкий редактор , который позволяет создавать различные моды или небольшие модификации ,и после 1000 часов я решил оценить игру сдесь.Честно , когда игру делают 11 лет один человек , ты сразу понимаешь , что игра , уже точно будет хорошей, также у игры есть встроенный гибкий редактор , который позволяет создавать различные моды или небольшие модификации ,и после 1000 часов я решил оценить игру сдесь.
  64. Dec 8, 2021
    Un juegazo que si bien no está del todo pulido es buenísimo una joya increíble con un mundo basto y vivo que aunque cruel y hasta injusto en algunos casos es muy disfrutable te lo recomiendo si soportas bien comer pija porque en parte de eso va el juego
  65. Mar 5, 2022
    This game is what a true sandbox should be, you can do anything you want with the game's systems. Make a town? sure, become one punch man? go ahead big man, you can even larp as a slave, amazing.

Not to mention the game is incredibly difficult, and save-scumming is a ride of passage and kind of required to not die instantly, but that's the only real complaint I have, the graphics may not be up to date, but just like Fallout new Vegas, they just hit that creepy spot of looking just bad enough to really fit in with the game's setting and theme. If you like sandbox titles and don't mind a bit of difficulty I highly recommend checking this out!
  66. Mar 28, 2022
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - the game. Kenshi is suffering. It is brutal. In a huge world where you can basically do anything you want. But you first have to live. Like the game says; you are not special, you are not the chosen one. You are just a chump and basically everything can kill you. Getting from that point to building an army capable of challenging the rulingWhat doesn't kill you makes you stronger - the game. Kenshi is suffering. It is brutal. In a huge world where you can basically do anything you want. But you first have to live. Like the game says; you are not special, you are not the chosen one. You are just a chump and basically everything can kill you. Getting from that point to building an army capable of challenging the ruling factions is one of he most rewarding processes in any game I've ever played. And should you feel the game finally gets stale, there are a lot of mods that can completely change the experience if you want.
    The only reason I'm not giving this a 10 is because the game stll has performance issues and bugs. Though there are fixes and workarounds to most of those, it can break the immersion and be a nuisance. The graphics are definitely outdated, though they are more than enough to convey the atmosphere of a bleak and desolate World. At any rate, it is one of the best games I've ever played.
  67. Apr 12, 2022
    Kenshi is a game where everyone can kill you even homeless people and I love this game I have played this game somewhere for more than 1000 hours
  68. Apr 26, 2022
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Generally favorable reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Mar 25, 2019
    It took Chris Hunt and his small team 12 years to develop Kenshi and that unfortunately shows. The game utilizes an archaic engine, is poorly optimised and hideous most of the time. It also does next to nothing to help the player get a grasp of its mechanics, and, as it happens, their complexity are Kenshi’s most important aspect. I would be happy to love this game, because I understand and applaud Hunt’s idea of completely open gameplay, but loving Kenshi is extremely hard. [02/2019, p.47]
  2. Feb 25, 2019
    Do not trust your first impression - this game is a true gem. Elaborate, huge, unbridled, stylish, fresh, captivatingly different. The only blemish is its poor performance and many bugs.
  3. Jan 14, 2019
    An intriguing RPG/Survival hybrid sandbox that invites you to experiment in the world it presents. Some technical hiccups interrupt the open world and the freeform nature definitely isn’t for everyone but if you are after something different, Kenshi is the very definition of that.