7.7

1. Feb 17, 2020
    This is one of my favourite games of the year. Moving around with the kunai (and other tools, but I won't spoil) is so much fun and the fights and bosses a challenge without being frustrating. Tabby's facial expressions are hilarious and the music and graphics very fitting.

Would definitely recommend!
  2. Feb 19, 2020
    Fantastic Metroidvania with lovely 2d graphics, awesome combat and lots of places to explore.
  3. Feb 19, 2020
    Not worthy of that bomb - bought to show support and am actually loving it. More metroid than vania, inspiration from Hollow Knight. Humor is on point, doesn't take itself too seriously. Great movement mechanics and great first level that shows the game rather than tells with a tutorial screen.
  4. Feb 19, 2020
    The game is pretty good - strong visuals, nice music & sound effects, fast paced combat and exploration mechanic all this makes it small ninjavania jewel! :-)

P.S. Someone deliberately lowers rating of this game! The user sсore is clearly very low! Dear admins of metacritic, please come out of the gloom and nail the bastard!
  5. Feb 19, 2020
    I'm in awe of the music. Got that retro feel but still carries depth. I do enjoy a bit of making things blow up as well. Those graphic explosions give me good feelings. The characters are cute too, I like that I'm a cute computer. The brown/beige gets a bit tiring after a while, but seeing how they've made it fit so many different environments tells me how creative the developers are, so I'm good.
  6. Feb 18, 2020
    this is an amazing game! would recommend it to any fan of the genre! beautiful gameplay, perfect music, sound,
  7. Feb 19, 2020
    Great platforming game. Especially for an indie game. Runs perfectly smooth. Fun platforming. Challenging fun fair boss fights. Great art style. All adds up to a fantastic game.
  8. Feb 17, 2020
    I have no idea who that funny person is that review-bombed this game, but it's great and you should definitely play it!!!
  9. Feb 20, 2020
    Wonderful design, great sense of humor, delightful movement and controls: Kunai is my game of the year!
  10. Feb 20, 2020
    An amazing game w/ great visuals, funny conversations, tight controls and enjoyable experience. I only wish it was longer.
  11. Feb 20, 2020
    Warning,An absolute idiot has tried to review bomb this game,it's doesn't even deserve a 6.0 out of ten,let alone 1.7,this is a solid metroidvania and if you are a fan of this genre,buy it.
  12. Feb 10, 2020
    One of the most fun platformers I have played in a very long time. Tabby is great, and I love his mode when you duck, the smile is just amazing. The different boss themes are great. No, I won't spoil!
  13. Feb 13, 2020
    A metroidvania with a great atmosphere, some hearty laughs and a fluid and fun gameplay that takes you about 8 to 10 hours to complete. One or two bosses miss the mark, but the game is overall a ton of fun.
  14. Feb 10, 2020
    Отличная но короткая метройдвания с приятное управлением и хорошей музыкой.
    Обзор - https://youtu.be/SUzgz9uxnbs
  15. Feb 16, 2020
    Bad controls, bad graphics, and terrible humor, all make for a really bad game.
  16. Feb 20, 2020
    Топ гейм из зе гелакси! 12 из 10 метройдвания от мира ведьмака
  17. Feb 21, 2020
    Kunai is a fast-paced, fluid, and unique metroidvania platformer!

Most metroidvanias feature the same old mechanics like a double jump and dash or whatever, but Kunai throws in some real curveballs! The Kunai (what it's named after) essentially function like grappling hooks which make the game feel fluid as **** Coupled with outstanding soundtrack and visual style, makes it a great
    Kunai is a fast-paced, fluid, and unique metroidvania platformer!

The Kunai (what it's named after) essentially function like grappling hooks which make the game feel fluid as **** Coupled with outstanding soundtrack and visual style, makes it a great experience like no other!

That being said, where Kunai tries things differently to solid success it occasionally falls a little bit short on teaching you relatively normal game mechanics. (The shrine boss sucks for example it's just super confusing). Though regardless of these hiccups, Kunai stands as a charming, respectable metroidvania you should really give your time!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 20, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Feb 19, 2020
    A great metroidvania game amazingly combining exploration and combat, with frenetic action, original graphics and compelling sounds.
  3. Feb 17, 2020
    Follow Tabby, a ninja tablet, against evil robots in a post apocalyptic world. Kunai is an interesting metroidvania game with a great untapped potential.