5.8

1. Nov 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After how much I enjoyed the first game I wanted to like this game, I really did.

Unfortunately the "Indiana Jones" atmospheric vibe of the first one that I enjoyed so much became even more than just a 'vibe'.

This game is basically a mockbuster version of what you'd get if "Last Crusade" (Surprise the German woman who you trusted throughout the game is working for the bad guys! You have to solve the puzzles at the mythical location in order to save the life of your family member who the bad guys put in deathly peril!) and "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (Hey, your adventurer has a kid with a woman from the previous adventure! Woman with a severe haircut and is working with the Russians is the leader of the villains!)

In addition, the story feels incredibly incomplete with an ending that basically amounts to a 45 second unvoiced cutscene that doesn't wrap up any of the outstanding plot points (Where's Kim? You changed history, so what effect does that have on things exactly?)

1. Jun 3, 2016
    Despite embarking with a sound plan for another beautiful globe-trotting adventure, Lost Horizon 2 suffers from weary execution and assorted technical limitations, eventually losing the way to greatness and ending up in the land of the average.
  2. Oct 25, 2015
    While the original Lost Horizon was the closest thing we have seen in an adventure genre "Indiana Jones" revival, its sequel falls short on so many fronts that it is difficult to recommend at its exorbitant launch price.
  3. Oct 19, 2015
    It desperately tries to reproduce some of its predecessor's elements that led to success, but fails miserably. There's a very specific and suitable word that captures it: Disappointment.