5.9

1. May 26, 2020
    Again, Again, Again, another garbage game from 2K and Hangar 13 ...

Again, Again, Again, another garbage game from 2K and Hangar 13 ...

I wonder if the person who played this game really would say this game is good? Is this game perfect just because you have memories of this game? You have to be a little bit original, do you have to like it because someone else likes and praises it? Have a little self-confidence. Because a person with experience in this game will not say that this game is perfect, because Mafia 2 Definitive Edition has a disgusting gameplay. From machine physicists to character physicists, it's problematic. The game is full of work. The 2010 Mafia 2 didn't have that many bugs. They played a game that worked in the true sense of the word, a flawed game. The game is created by Hangar 13, what did you expect? They destroyed a potential game like Mafia 3. Maybe there is a bug in every game but this game is full. What the people who played this game said, the story of the game was good. The story of the game is ruined, some people preferred the so-called perfect game, RDR and GoW 3. If this game is "perfect", why didn't it win any awards last year? Let me continue the story of the game, the name of the game is "Mafia", but we are not a mafia, we are a useless person who does the work of the mafia. If you tell the story line, sometimes we steal, sometimes we are at war, sometimes we are in prison. Did you understand anything from here? What did the screenwriter eat and drink? Mafia 2 means nothing to me.
  2. May 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not buy this game!! Do not buy this game!!Fkfkfkdkkdkdkdkfkdjdjdjdjdjddjdidiifidifkfifkdkdkfkdö Expand
  3. May 24, 2020
    The graphic is terrible and they didn't change much. It is just a cash grab to make some money for them.
  4. May 22, 2020
    This game feels empty. Originally released in 2010, 2 years after GTA 4 despite having less features. The trains do not work. I can imagine a much better version of this game.

This could have been Malcolm X: The Early Years: The Video Game. But instead its like Sopranos in the 50s. You gotta buy clothes every time the cops chase you.
  5. May 21, 2020
    This game is poorly optimized, frame rate drops, a lot of bugs and glitches, trophies that are not obtainable because they are bugged, i can't even finish the story because the mission is bugged and there is no way to progress. stay far away from this "remaster". go play a stable version on xbox 360 or ps3
  6. May 19, 2020
    This Game Is Awesome and now it's in Portuguese Thats Awesome As well Finally Finished It I Wanted To But Never Could
  7. May 20, 2020
    Worst optimization ever.Never buy any game from this studio.Ни в коем случае не покупайте больше ни одно игру от этой студии.Сплошной обман потребителя.
  8. May 22, 2020
    seven times the size of the original? due to what?
    размер в семь раз больше оригинала? за счёт чего?
  9. May 19, 2020
    Take original mafia 2 + vanilla-sweet face mod aaaand DONE. Only for 29.99$, Best True HD Top Quality MAFIA 2.
  10. May 21, 2020
    I think graphics is not changed at all, faces changed little bit, I played Mafia 2(not remastered) there were many bugs, but in Definitive edition bugs has fixed.
    Score for Definitive Edition is 3-5, but I have scored 6 points because of nostalgia and old feelings.
  11. May 23, 2020
    Отвратительная оптимизация на ps4. Постоянные фризы и зависания.
  12. May 19, 2020
    great remaster in which the appearance of the classic mafia ii from 2010 has been slightly improved
  13. May 21, 2020
    For Mafia 2 fans the best opinion to buy it. It is GREAT!!! And the Voice actors are perfect in German and in English.
  14. May 19, 2020
  15. May 23, 2020
    08/10......................................................................
  16. gyk
    May 20, 2020
    This is a great job! We have corrected the detail, high resolution and brought new textures are good. That's all you need.
  17. May 20, 2020
    Not a bad remaster, there are bugs but not so many.Regarding complaints about shadows(everything is fine with them).Not a bad remaster turned out, the atmosphere of the game was preserved.Не плохой ремастер, есть баги но их не так много.Касательно жалоб на тени(с ними все нормально).Не плохой ремастер получился, атмосфера игры сохранилась.Not a bad remaster, there are bugs but not so many.Regarding complaints about shadows(everything is fine with them).Not a bad remaster turned out, the atmosphere of the game was preserved.Не плохой ремастер, есть баги но их не так много.Касательно жалоб на тени(с ними все нормально).Не плохой ремастер получился, атмосфера игры сохранилась.
  18. May 21, 2020
    Good for for the first time playing i have good times with this game i prefer to play.
  19. May 25, 2020
    Let me start by saying that the game itself is pretty good. It has aged pretty well and is still fun. Great story, great characters, great music, really good setting and atmosphere. The game has a lot of nice touches and attention to detail that a lot of other city-based open world games do not have. The shooting mechanics are decent however some of the guns feel very weak and inaccurateLet me start by saying that the game itself is pretty good. It has aged pretty well and is still fun. Great story, great characters, great music, really good setting and atmosphere. The game has a lot of nice touches and attention to detail that a lot of other city-based open world games do not have. The shooting mechanics are decent however some of the guns feel very weak and inaccurate especially from longer range. The AI of course can snipe you with a Tommy gun from 100 yards away even when you're in cover but you couldn't hit a wall from 10 yards, it can definitely get frustrating but again not a deal breaker as most of the time it does work. However, this being advertised as the "definitive" edition is where the game fails. It is riddled with bugs and audio sync issues. Constant stuttering in and out of cutscenes. Frame drops are constant, lots of pop in, and the game crashes quite a bit. I'm playing on the regular PS4 but these issues have been reported on all platforms including PC. The graphics themselves do look better, and the lighting is improved over the original but again the performance issues are absolutely noticeable and do interfere with game play especiallythe driving. I'm not going to lie I have still been having fun with this game as its not entirely unplayable but if you're sensitive to the performance issues you will hate it. There is no way to defend this game, this "remaster" is an absolute slap in the face to fans and the fact they're charging money for a game that performs worse than the original is unacceptable. Hopefully a patch will be released to fix these issues but as of yet I haven't heard a word from 2K of course, they're more concerned with selling their inferior product. Game itself is solid, the performance however, is terrible and I cannot recommend this game whole heartedly as I would like to because of performance. Either wait for a sale, or until the issues are fixed. ✌ Expand
  20. May 20, 2020
    Mafia II is one of the most atmospheric games, a must play for everyone. People dont know how to appreciate this piece of art...
  21. May 24, 2020
    As a remaster, works very well. no more bugs like in the original and you can play it now in UltraHd form.
  22. May 24, 2020
    If you want to get lost in a good story and a decent setting then this is the game for you. I wouldn't call this a full remaster but you can slightly feel the difference while playing. The graphics might not be up to par for nowadays standards but the story and decent mechanics will make you forgive that.
  23. May 27, 2020
    The games even worse than the original. EVERYTHING H13 touches turns to crap! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THIS GAME.
  24. May 27, 2020
    Optimization - piece of sh*t. Never buy it, because of optimization and big amount of bags

Mixed or average reviews - based on 26 Critic Reviews

1. May 27, 2020
    The worse thing about the bugs and visual oddities of Mafia 2: Definitive Edition is that the original version of the game can be modded to include a much better mesh of hi-res textures and visual upgrades than what we got here. Mafia 2 is still a game that’s worth playing, but if you own the original for PC, you’re better off just modding it. If you don’t own it, the Definitive Edition is only $20, and you get Mafia 2 Classic with it, so you don’t have anything to lose.
  2. May 26, 2020
    If you have played through the original, this edition adds nothing new apart from the new glossy coating. But if you have not, then the Definitive Edition would be a worthy addition to your collection. There is an R18+ age rating (due to the Playboy Magazine collectibles I believe, and not the violence), which means that it will be inappropriate for many. But Vito’s story as well as the gameplay is as enjoyable and captivating as the original. Driving across town can occasionally be a tad monotonous, but the simple shootouts and fistfight controls make sure that the main story flows smoothly for the entire game. And the music and visuals capture the setting beautifully allowing gamers to be fully immersed into The Family.
  3. My new tires should have been looking better, Joe. This graphical remastering is not satisfying and brings a lot of visual glitches together. At the same time a lot of player having performance issues in a 10 years old game. This remaster is not a master's work. Hangar needs to be stopped.