7.6

6) Dual audio with japanese and subtitles
    7) 13 usd on steam for 2 days

What are you waiting for . Buy This game
  2. Dec 18, 2014
    Whats this?A port from experienced port people that works? Whats this-Its $14 on sale for launch day, and $20 regular? Whats this?MGS on PC? I call BS. Oh wait, i dont. It works, its great, and scrubs need to love it.
  3. Dec 18, 2014
    Really, awesome intro and storyboard. I have bought nearly every game out of the Metal Gear Solid series but this one is by far one of the best. Nice graphics and game-play. KONAMI Team did really great on this one. And I can truly say: Snake is one more time back again!
  4. Mar 25, 2015
    This game is worth the price if you like stealth based games, with fun game play, at a budget price. However, there are a couple of things that irk me. First the game has a very distinct lack of video options, for the pc version. On top of this, they reuse two levels, several times. One for night time missions and one for day time missions, both tropical and both use the same prefabThis game is worth the price if you like stealth based games, with fun game play, at a budget price. However, there are a couple of things that irk me. First the game has a very distinct lack of video options, for the pc version. On top of this, they reuse two levels, several times. One for night time missions and one for day time missions, both tropical and both use the same prefab structures.

For 20 dollars, its worth the price, but I wish there was a little bit more variety in the mission locales. Then again, what do you expect for 20 dollars?
  5. Dec 22, 2014
    OK, so I have never played any mgs before. I love sniper elite. This game is confusing with all the options, weapons etc, and it is pretty hard, but.... it is really SMOOOOTH on even my average PC. Voices, awesome, explosions, awesome, graphics... pretty groovy.
    Only downside so far - it takes a while to figure out all the controls, you can cut those cutscenes, but it isn't too easy to work out how. Only real problem is that unlike sniper elite you can't just save as and when, you need to keep going back to the last checkpoint.
    I got it in a sale, if it goes to full price again you can prob pick it up on kinguin at the sale price.
  6. Dec 18, 2014
    One of the major complaints about this game when it came out last year was the short storyline. Yes, the game is relatively short, but this was only compared to games at that price range. This game on steam, is cheap, and for the new price, it is well worth it.

The game looks amazing, and plays amazing. The one year wait is reasonable considering the fact that the game has been ported very well. My computer does not have the top of the range specs, but can handle the game at its maximum graphics settings, which looks great.

In conclusion, anyone who likes stealth games should definitely get this game. You will not regret it.
  7. Dec 18, 2014
    Best port of the year MGS: GZ is better on PC than on ps4 , the control a perfect for keyboard and mouse and the graphic are awesome the only problem with it is the short story .
  8. Dec 21, 2014
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a prime example of how a PC port should be. Not only is the quality of the game of a very high standard but the technical execution is top-notch that puts other AAA developers to shame in this market. I am a massive Metal Gear Solid fan and I hold the utmost respect for Hideo Kojima and his Konami team who have delivered once again; a breathtaking titleMetal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a prime example of how a PC port should be. Not only is the quality of the game of a very high standard but the technical execution is top-notch that puts other AAA developers to shame in this market. I am a massive Metal Gear Solid fan and I hold the utmost respect for Hideo Kojima and his Konami team who have delivered once again; a breathtaking title with huge care and attention. Their loyalty to fans is admirable in what has been a very difficult year for gamers and gaming as a whole.

The ambition Konami have and their passion for games make this prologue a great purchase and a welcome warm-up for The Phantom Pain. Some may argue that this is a glorified demo but there is enough content here to guarantee hours of play and substantial replay value. The main portion of the game is a single mission with a simple objective; rescue two hostages from a military base. Other missions within the same base called 'Side Ops' can be unlocked which add plentiful more hours to the game. Completing the main mission and additional operations can unlock extra missions, equipment and collectables. Also you'll be eager to improve your completion times and mission grade based on performance. Although the military base is central to the whole game; it is massive and offers many ways to complete the tasks on offer. The objectives are varied and even the night/day missions add a whole new dimension which keeps the game fresh.

This title is a fantastic introduction to the forthcoming MGS V and gives gamers a snippet of what can be expected. The cinematic quality is of a remarkable standard as expected and the gameplay is a welcome taster of things to come. The Phantom Pain will be '200 times the size' according to Kojima and I believe him as his honesty and professionalism throughout his career has been spot on and it's wonderful to see him embracing the PC market once again. Whatever you think of this 'game'; Konami deserve so much credit and respect and their product deserves to be purchased at such a generous price.
  9. Dec 20, 2014
    A really Great MGS game from Konami
    the graphics in this game is totally fantastic,the shadows and model looks gorgeous,
    and the enemy's AI is also very good,enemy will do different action due to different situation,
    the stealth system and the classic MGS shooting style are improved from the last game.
    Also I am so glad they made this on PC,so more people can experience the fun of MGS
  10. Dec 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MGSV: GZ is what I call a well optimized PC game. Even at maximum settings and high resolutions beyond 1080p a single Graphics Card will run the game just fine at or near 60 FPS. This can't be said about the most other games that came out in 2014, perhaps with Alien Isolation being the only other well optimized game.

Why i'm still only giving it a 8/10? Navigating through the game feeled a bit clunky to me (both Gamepad and Mouse/Keyboard) and there are a few design flaws that shouldn't really be there. For example dead bodies just disappear if you move a bit away from them and return to the spot. Ruins a part of the realism the game is otherwise delivering well.

The main mission is set at nighttime and the graphics are phenomenal with all the lighting effects during this mission. In the side missions that play during daytime however you can see that this is not really what I would call next-gen graphics, if compared to other recent titles, but still pretty good.

I liked the song that was playing in the cutscene and i'm looking forward to play MGSV: The Phantom Pain in 2015.
  11. Jan 1, 2015
    All the good user scores for this game are mostly praising how good of a port it is. Conveniently, these 10/10 reviews overlook the fact that this is a 45 minute game for $20. The story is good, as per usual -- but it's basically meant to be a taste of things to come. This game feels like a tech demo that costs money. Showing off pretty new graphics and good optimization. It's a shameAll the good user scores for this game are mostly praising how good of a port it is. Conveniently, these 10/10 reviews overlook the fact that this is a 45 minute game for $20. The story is good, as per usual -- but it's basically meant to be a taste of things to come. This game feels like a tech demo that costs money. Showing off pretty new graphics and good optimization. It's a shame people think this is all it takes for a game to be good. I repeat, this game is $20 and less than an hour long. That's ridiculous, and nobody should stand for it. Expand
  12. Jan 30, 2015
    After a long time i'm enjoying a gud stealth based game on pc
    Though I never thought it'll release in pc version and for that a big thanks to kojima
    Only problem is the short story,but u can play side mission after playing main mission
    Just don't miss this awesome game
  13. Dec 28, 2014
    Metal Gear Solid is in my top 3 if we talk about the best games or stories.
    But I was against this game at the time of the console release, because i didnt wanted to support a one and a half hours "long" game. Well,I was wrong.
    Metal Gear Solid is in my top 3 if we talk about the best games or stories.

Maybe the main story mission is short (around 90 minutes at first try), but there are 6 more missions takes another 50-90 minutes to complete each. At this time I have 14+ hours in this game and haven't completed all of the content, so i will go back again and continue this great game.

The open world setting and the very polished gameplay mechanics makes the thing so great. You can go from any direction, with any weapon, using any tactics from killing all, to sleep/stun the guys or just avoid them.

The various missions taking place different times of a day, and the camp's layout offers many possibilities to take on or fool those guards, who are present in different numbers and walking on different patrol routes in each mission.

An the top of that there is a real big replay value in this game. I am really not the guy, who likes to repeat the same thing all over again, but the rating system at the mission's end, and the unlockable weapons, skins, or easter eggs made me having great fun with this game.

Playing this game is the more fun from actual gameplay aspect than any other previous MGS title.

9/10 where the 9 means that this game is one of the best games in the genre if not.

+ Exemplary optimalization and port quality. Best of 2014
    + Very nice graphics and performance
    + Hell lots of ways to complete any mission
    + Perfect dark tone story, great execution
    + Tons of easter eggs for the fans
    + Lots of unlockable bonuses
    + Save game carries over to the Phantom Pain

- If it would be 40 hours long, i would say it is short
  14. Dec 29, 2014
    IT. IS. AWESOME!
    I`m seriously, it`s the best Christmas gift that Kodzima and Konami could ever do. Everything is awesome - gameplay, graphics, story - everything. It costs every goddamn cent in it!
  15. Dec 18, 2014
    Now this is how its done. This is quality port right here, no crashes, stuttering or unstable frame rate. Running it on the highest settings at 60 frames. Its looks fantastic and its graphically superb.
    It has full Keyboard+Mouse support or the 360 gamepad.
    It has full Keyboard+Mouse support or the 360 gamepad.
    The sound quality is amazing, same with the voice acting. Kiefer Sutherland does a great job voice acting Snake. It was a little shocking at first because i'm so used to the voice of David Hayter, but i got along just fine and i believe Sutherland will live to everyone's expectation in this game and The Phantom Pain.

The game might be a little bit short but the story is pretty good (If you played Peace Walker, you will understand). Besides, the pricing is perfect and the game offers some replay value. This is just a little slice of what we are going to get in The Phantom Pain and i cannot wait for it.
    I'm thankful for finally being able to play this on PC the way it was meant to be played. 9 months ago, i bought a PS4 for this game and i was about to order the game for the console, i'm so glad i've waited for the PC version.

Hats off to one of the greatest developers of all time, Hideo Kojima. Thank you so much for this, thank you.
  16. Dec 24, 2014
    BEST PC PORT OF THE YEAR !

POSITIVES
    - Pretty good graphics and runs like butter with old PC hardware
    - Interesting drama story
    - Some pretty good ideas for a stealth game

NEGATIVES
    - Extremely short game with only one stage
    - Artificial intelligence is a bit stupid
    - Way too easy...
  17. Dec 21, 2014
    Very good game and very good example how the game nowadays should look and work. Graphic and Optimalization are perfect. After having so much fun with Ground Zero I will definatelly buy Phantom Pain.
  18. Dec 20, 2014
    Short, has a few technical and logical problems, but worth a playthrough. Worth paying for? Maybe.

Firstly the good: The game runs really great, has nice graphics and is on discount right now. But... Starting the game with my Razer Sabertooth connected makes the camera constantly pitch upwards and all the gamepad buttons are messed up - triggers turn the character, select/start

But...

Starting the game with my Razer Sabertooth connected makes the camera constantly pitch upwards and all the gamepad buttons are messed up - triggers turn the character, select/start act as triggers for readying weapon/firing et c. Plugging it in after starting the game allows it to work fine. Still have to actually move the mouse pointer into a corner since it's there and does nothing.

The controls in general are very finger-twisting, especially the tap/hold options. To interrogate someone you have to sneak up on them, hold RT (praying that you don't actually knock them out LOUDLY) then also hold LB AND choose the option with the right thumbstick, holding all that for the entire duration. Any slip-up causes the interrogation to go to hell in a handbasket...

The game's fluidity is damaged by Snake's mobility being by far very limited. If you've played Splinter Cell Blacklist, for example, you'll certainly miss options like climbing up the scaffolding and taking an enemy out silently. While MGS has its own traditions lack of logical options really damages the game.

...And exfiltrating a coastal military base in a helicopter as opposed to a boat is a stupid thing to do, regardless of circumstances.
  19. Dec 19, 2014
    Runs perfect on my old PC, good kb/mouse controls. Story, cutscenes direction and especially soundtrack are awesome, it much better than in any AAA projects apart from MG* series. Kojima please take my money again!
  20. Jan 6, 2015
    Looks good plays good but its short and you should offer no praise for a pay for demo. Demos are supposed to be free that is the point of a demo to see if you want to pay for the game.
  21. Dec 20, 2014
    This would be a 10/10 game if it wasn't for a couple problems i have with it

Firstly the price is a bit high for what essentially is a long demo but the game play that is here is some of the best i have seen in the MGS series. There is no mouse control in the menus and you cannot invert the camera for the mouse but it works fine on a controller. My PC is actually below the system
    This would be a 10/10 game if it wasn't for a couple problems i have with it

My PC is actually below the system requirements in a couple of places (i5 2400 3.1GHz quad core, HD 6850 1gb) but it runs locked at 60fps with everything on high.

All things said this is a fantastic port of a very good game and has helped me make the decision of getting MGS5 on PC when it releases
  22. Dec 27, 2014
    Ground Zeroes has been accused of being a paid demo, a single mission shipped to simply hype MGS5's eventual release. However, I found it to much more than that; My most recent MGS game being 4 at it's release in 2008, I felt quite rusty going into this. Ground Zeroes is a good warm-up for MGS5, consisting of six missions that take place in the same ficticious Cuban military base, CampGround Zeroes has been accused of being a paid demo, a single mission shipped to simply hype MGS5's eventual release. However, I found it to much more than that; My most recent MGS game being 4 at it's release in 2008, I felt quite rusty going into this. Ground Zeroes is a good warm-up for MGS5, consisting of six missions that take place in the same ficticious Cuban military base, Camp Omega. The "Ground Zeroes" mission is the meat of the story, involving the rescue of two minors on opposite sides of the base that were apparently major characters from Peace Walker. Interspersed cutscenes and collectible cassette tapes flesh out the character's back stories and their experiences on the base. The extra missions provide vastly different approaches and playstyles to infiltrating (or assaulting) the base, ranging from a helicopter ride providing covering fire to an assassination mission that fails easily if you are even spotted. After you finish each mission there's still plenty of unlocks and time trials for purists, along with the last two missions for waxing nostalgia.

Ground Zeroes helps to connect the events of Peace Walker with MGS5 and acts as a catalyst for the time jump been the two games. Overall, this probably won't win over any new fans but is a thoroughly fleshed out "VR Mission"-style side game that provides a solid intro to The Phantom Pain.
  23. Jan 13, 2015
    I have played Metal Gear Solid way back 2008, the first MGS I played was Sons of Liberty, the second MGS game and the first title from Kojima’s fascinating tale to be released on Sony’s PlayStation 2 and on the PC as well. I played Sons Of Liberty on PS2.

When I played the game, it was a whole new gameplay experience for me on third-person shooter titles. Controls of MGSII:SoL was not that free as other third-person games and it took time for me to get used to its controls.

One thing I noticed in all MGS games from the first one to Snake Eater (I only played main titles of the game at the moment.) was you can’t walk while crouching as it automatically goes to prone movement than crouch movement, which for me was awkward. But this changed on Metal Gear Solid IV: Guns of the Patriots, which I have not played yet so you guys know.

With the next-generation consoles rising and PC gaming is also catching up with the console exclusives, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes was released on PC platform last December 18, 2014, after 9 months of its original release on consoles last March 18, 2014. The fifth installment of the game is the second title to be released on PC.

The story takes place after the events of Peace Walker which is set on year 1975. Snake, protagonist of the espionage tale, was sent to the U.S prison facility based in Cuba to retrieve two of his pawns: Chico and Paz… the story continues when The Phantom Pain releases.

Intriguing and hanging as it was always been set by Hideo Kojima, the mind and director of the game. You are left with that feeling of wanting to have the continuation in your grasps.

As what we know of next-generation titles, we expect them to be graphically improved and with technology gives the developers the ability to make their game as realistic as possible with lighting effects and face rendering.

This time, from first Metal Gear Solid to Metal Gear Solid IV, MSGV has completely dazzled me in a way that it deserves to have the “Next-Gen Graphics” title on top of Kojima’s masterpiece. And he still keeps the “in-game” cutscenes which pretty much, for me, the key of the game than rendering CGI Animations as their cutscenes. MGS still stayed true to in-games graphics which we hardly see in most games nowadays.

Even if the game has well-detailed visuals, without its core music and score the game is nothing. With Harry-Gregson Williams reprising his position to be the composer of the MGS title, all I can say is the game plus its score can blow you from the edge of your seat.

MGS5 still gives us the similar gameplay which we know and love. Since I can’t compare the difference between MGS4 and MGS5 (as I stated above, I didn’t play MGS4 yet), I can only tell the difference between MGS3 and MGS5. A lot of improvements on the game, I know they already applied crouch-movement in MGS4, what I can say is the game combined with the old stealth-based MGS with a SOCOM U.S Navy Seals shooting-perspective gameplay, you can now choose to be either aggressive and kill everyone in your path to complete your mission OR you can be stealthy and knock off some of those bad boys cold and finish the mission without getting caught or killing anyone OR be both.

Decision making of the game is crucial now than the older titles of MGS as this time it’s not just a walk in park.

For the most, the game can be finished within a 20 minute period. The game is considered as a prologue in books. I finished the game in 1 hour and 6 minutes 26 seconds, it took me time because I died twice in game and took me a while to look for an entrance which led me listen to the recording in-game for like 6 times.

MSGV:Ground Zeroes will still pull you back in game just to know what other secrets Hideo Kojima added in-game. Hideo himself is also in game which I have not yet encountered but I will do another re-run of the game to unlock those secrets.

All in all, the game is fantastic even if it’s only a 20minute-ish game and it makes you want more to finish and to know what happened in the story.
  24. Jan 29, 2015
    Why do people consider this a demo? If it were just the main op i would consider it a demo. Finish your first run on the main op than go back to the title screen. I guarantee you wont be more than 10% complete.This game is set up like peacewalker were you start missions from a main hub base and more than likely so is the phantom pain. Which is way better for me on replay than 1 longWhy do people consider this a demo? If it were just the main op i would consider it a demo. Finish your first run on the main op than go back to the title screen. I guarantee you wont be more than 10% complete.This game is set up like peacewalker were you start missions from a main hub base and more than likely so is the phantom pain. Which is way better for me on replay than 1 long campaign. The only possible reasons to call it a demo are because there is only 1 area or you paid over $20.You could call the story a demo caz theres not much. Call it a prologue if anything.Everything is excellent high quality stuff, besides Sutherland dialing it in like hes getting paid $20.Will try to acquire phantom pain as close to launch as possible, i will however make sure it is up to standard like i have to do with everthing else these days,even though i have no doubts. People and there 1 campaign throwaway games come on now this is mgs were talking about. Expand
  25. Jan 21, 2015
    This is not a "game." It's a demo that took advantage the series' slightly retarded hardcore player base.

The main "game" can be beaten in less than an hour without actually working hard. I've seen Buck Hunter arcade games with more depth and better graphics.
  26. Dec 22, 2014
    While admittedly short in it's run time, it is an excellent showcase for the evolution of the Metal Gear formula and an all round high quality PC product.

So the game is a single sandbox area wherein the game guides you through a primary mission padded along with some excellent albeit brief cut-scenes. The initial mission is quite brief, but once you have beaten it several more missions open up to take place in the same area. The missions design is excellent, especially for this type of game and offer some really serious replay value with lots of different options and strategies to explore each time.

I would estimate several hours of content here, which is more than acceptable for the price and the quality level of what is here is outstanding.

Tons of visual options, optimized really well and KB+Mouse controls I found surprisingly better than the controller. This is a top to bottom polished PC version of a really top notch Metal Gear experience. We will be waiting for some time for the Phantom Pain to be released on PC, but Ground Zeroes demonstrates with almost certainty that the wait will be worthwhile.
  27. Dec 20, 2014
    Wonderful game ...

great optimization - great graphics - great game play

don't miss it on PC. recommend it very much. Nice graphics and game-play. KONAMI Team did really great on this one. And I can truly say: Snake is one more time back again!
  28. Xon
    Dec 19, 2014
    Like Far Cry 4, the main campaign can be finished in less than an hour. But both games have loads of content beyond that. Both provide a sandbox in which you can let your imagination run wild.

On my MSI GT70 Ground Zeroes runs miles and miles better than Watchdogs and Far Cry 4 and looks much more beautiful.

I highly recommend you pick this up, especially at a 33% discount on day 1.
  29. Dec 21, 2014
    What I liked:
    - Gorgeous graphics even if some settings aren't set to max.
    - Gameplay improvements that makes it stand out from past iterations. - Better value for money than console counterparts - Replayability despite only having 7 missions - Story is short but definitely sweet! What I disliked: - No David Hayter - Android/IOS APP not supported! - First person view when
    What I liked:
    - Gorgeous graphics even if some settings aren't set to max.
    - Gameplay improvements that makes it stand out from past iterations.
    - Better value for money than console counterparts
    - Replayability despite only having 7 missions
    - Story is short but definitely sweet!

What I disliked:
    - No David Hayter
    - Android/IOS APP not supported!
    - First person view when sniping or using the telescope is way too sensitive even at the lowest setting.

A paid demo, kickstarter or however people want to call it, this is something that a die hard MGS fan craving for a MGS game might be able to forgive.

The price point may not be unreasonable compared to the console release (especially to those who got it on sale like myself), still I would rather Konami made the fans wait a little bit longer and released everything in single game, rather than throw us a small chunk of it then leave us craving for more and end up paying for more.
  30. Jun 15, 2015
    I would expect this game to be awesome, as I've always been a fan of MGS games. But I am not really good at aiming with a controller anymore and changed my preference to any aiming games on PC.

But this is a warning to those that are left-handed to stay way. I wouldn't mind if we could sell our games. The keys that are impossible to bind on the keyboard are: Enter, Backspace,

The keys that are impossible to bind on the keyboard are:

Enter, Backspace, Insert, Delete, End, Home, my 2 side mouse buttons, my mouse wheel scrolls, the 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and the decimal point on my numberpad.

That's 21 bindings that have been removed from me. That never happens to those that can play with WASD, so it shouldn't be done for those that are left-handed. I have contacted Konami, hoping they will rectify this and I can play the game properly and give it a better review. But for now, I can't even play it.

I've found even the weapon selection is atrocious. You hold a button and press a direction on your keyboard. For that, we usually get the direction of our mouse movement, the mouse wheel or keys on the keyboard. This is just them replacing the d-pad selection from a controller.
  31. Dec 26, 2014
    Great PC Port for a demo, that's right, this is a demo, in fact I have played demo's longer than this, you can finish the entire main campaign in an average of 40mins depending on your skill, that's it, one mission, Some people have finished the entire game in less than 5mins, this is the most pathetic cash grab I have ever seen in history of cash grabs, EA have never even went this low.Great PC Port for a demo, that's right, this is a demo, in fact I have played demo's longer than this, you can finish the entire main campaign in an average of 40mins depending on your skill, that's it, one mission, Some people have finished the entire game in less than 5mins, this is the most pathetic cash grab I have ever seen in history of cash grabs, EA have never even went this low. Do not buy this, wait for The Phantom Pain. Its not worth 15 quid, its not worth 10, its not worth 5 or even anything, its a demo, it should be free, I can not believe that some people are defending this because its a good port, so this is what the world comes to, make it a good port and you win the PC fans over, don't even worry about content. Game play itself was fun enough, about 8/10 minus 8 because Konami have charged people money for a demo. Expand
  32. Dec 22, 2014
    I don't see any reason for unnecessary praise for this demo. It looks good, but not earth shattering. If the original demos were running on GTX 680(s) I expected the lighting to be better, it's been downgraded somewhat. There is nothing wrong with the story though I don't understand it having missed all the Solids since the first. The gameplay is okay, but not the most fun thing I've everI don't see any reason for unnecessary praise for this demo. It looks good, but not earth shattering. If the original demos were running on GTX 680(s) I expected the lighting to be better, it's been downgraded somewhat. There is nothing wrong with the story though I don't understand it having missed all the Solids since the first. The gameplay is okay, but not the most fun thing I've ever played. What it does do is show me a solid game I'd likely enjoy more if I could sink my teeth into it beyond just what's at the surface. It doesn't deserve to be overglorified or slammed for what it is. The price might be worth taking a point off since it's perhaps worth $10 or less, because regardless of how long you can play this demo, it's still just a demo that only really lets you sample what the big game will be like. Expand
  33. Dec 21, 2014
    Just when you thought the series can’t get any worse! If this huge “demo” is a glimpse of what the final product will be like then I’m very disappointed. Kojima made a big mistake when he decided to change Snake's voice. No one I believe will ever replace the voice of David Hayter.

Anyways here is my review on Graphics, Gameplay and audio: --- Gameplay: the inventory system is

Anyways here is my review on Graphics, Gameplay and audio:

---
    Gameplay: the inventory system is completely ruined and doesn't feel like MGS anymore. The old MGS games had a good and simple easy to use interface and map but here it just feels like a thing from a first person shooter!

Graphics: The game looks great on ultra-settings but performance suffers at some points. If you don't have a high end PC then you can play on medium setting but it doesn't look as good as the ultra. I'm sure they can do a better optimization than this.

Audio: David Hayter is not Snake anymore, this alone makes it a complete failure. The soundtrack is overall not as memorable as MGS1 and MGS2
    ---

I can't believe those who gave this game a high score... they're either lying to themselves or new to the MGS series because this is in no way what fans of the series wanted. If you loved the first 3 games you'll be very disappointed with this one. I hope Phantom pain will be better because this was as bad as MGS4
  34. Dec 25, 2014
    I loved the original Playstation version but this just looks out of date and has terrible clunky gameplay on the PC. I have a very high end PC (970 SLI, i7-5030k) running on a 4K monitor so I was a disappointed to see how average the graphics look, very plasticy. I have to say even the latest COD looks better. The game ran fine, but I think we have become too nostalgic in our admirationI loved the original Playstation version but this just looks out of date and has terrible clunky gameplay on the PC. I have a very high end PC (970 SLI, i7-5030k) running on a 4K monitor so I was a disappointed to see how average the graphics look, very plasticy. I have to say even the latest COD looks better. The game ran fine, but I think we have become too nostalgic in our admiration for MGS, the gameplay is awful compared to many AAA modern titles on the PC. Enemy AI is appalling, shoot one, the rest will obligingly wander over like chickens in some very basic AI routines. All the alert sounds are like the old MSG but sadly it seems the enemy AI routines are also old skool. The gun sight is also not precise, showing it console roots and makes firefights point and click spray affairs rather than tactical sharp ranged combat. I may be a bit harsh as I play a lot of Armed Assault so I expect more realistic gun play and ballistics but its truly dated and out of place in a big 2014 release. Im sorry to say based on this Id say MGS solids glory days are firmly locked into the past on consoles. I hope the final release proves me wrong as this is just disappointing. It should have stayed on consoles. Expand
  35. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 5 (Story is After World War 2)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 0/10 (Due to no Easy Mode for me Only Hard Mode Unlocked from Start)

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  36. Dec 18, 2014
    Unplayable on PC, what a shame:(

I just bought it, looked good until the intro was done. Soon I realized: 1) NO INVERTED MOUSE LOOK, the option is there but effectless 2) Mouse click is rendered as Gamepad click, you can not control menus with the mouse. 3) Everything is full of gamepad options, nothing for mouse. 4) The support on konami is unavailable for PC, only for the 4
    Unplayable on PC, what a shame:(

I just bought it, looked good until the intro was done.
    Soon I realized:
    1) NO INVERTED MOUSE LOOK, the option is there but effectless
    3) Everything is full of gamepad options, nothing for mouse.
    4) The support on konami is unavailable for PC, only for the 4 consoles they have, not for PC
    They did not even LIST the game to be available on PC.

As much as I would have liked to give a good review, I can not play it without inverted Y axis.
    As they do not offer customer support for PC players I can not give another review than 0.

If they manage to fix the above issues I'll try play the game and give it another rating than 0.
  37. Dec 28, 2014
    People may call this a demo, but I've already put 15 hours into this game. That's longer some some overpriced 'full size' games. I've never played MGS before, but it's similar to Splinter Cell, which is a good thing. Graphics are great and it runs smoothly on my aging system. I'll definitely be getting the full version of The Phantom Pain when it's released.
  38. Feb 14, 2016
    Its a nice game .... but still its just a demo, its one single map, thats all, i expected this to be a full game. So i am bit disappointed for that fact.
  39. Dec 24, 2014
    More than 10 years have passed since we had a Hideo Kojima game on the PC! Metal Gear Solid V: Ground zeroes can be a short game but it has top notch graphics, great gameplay, nice music, the story is good but like the game it's short, (indeed, it is). I thought my 2011 laptop wouldn't run this game but I was wrong, It can. This is with any doubts a AAA game and a really great port. If theMore than 10 years have passed since we had a Hideo Kojima game on the PC! Metal Gear Solid V: Ground zeroes can be a short game but it has top notch graphics, great gameplay, nice music, the story is good but like the game it's short, (indeed, it is). I thought my 2011 laptop wouldn't run this game but I was wrong, It can. This is with any doubts a AAA game and a really great port. If the port of The Phantom Pain will be like this one, I won't buy a desktop and more people will enjoy this masterpiece at it's fullness. Thank you for this port Kojima Productions, you won't regret porting it or any Metal Gear game for that matter.

Game: 8/10 - Main reason: Short canon 1 main story mission only in 1 small open world area, some minor buggs.
    PC Port: 8.5/10 - My laptop from early 2011 can run this on high and some med set.

Congrats to Kojima Produtions and Kojima himself once again.
  40. Feb 25, 2015
    Try playing this game on hard with reflex turned off and in game icons off (markers) Its like being a navy seal on a mission by yourself. the AI is super intellegent on hard. you have to plan every action carefully and watch for enemys around any corner (or in a tower). if you can do the take out the anti-aircraft guns mission on hard with no reflex and no icons and get a S rank (hell evenTry playing this game on hard with reflex turned off and in game icons off (markers) Its like being a navy seal on a mission by yourself. the AI is super intellegent on hard. you have to plan every action carefully and watch for enemys around any corner (or in a tower). if you can do the take out the anti-aircraft guns mission on hard with no reflex and no icons and get a S rank (hell even an A) then you are a god at stealth action. I will give Konami all the moneys i can for Phantom Pain when it comes out April 1st(hope theres not a delay lol) Expand
  41. Jul 6, 2016
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is able to demonstrate how cool MGS V: TPP is compared to its presequel. If you haven't played any MGS games, GZ is a key to start. Why? Well, it doesn't requires knowledge of the plot. You will love it, belive me. I did, and you will, too.
  42. Feb 4, 2017
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE A LEFTY OR ARE A RIGHTY WHO DOES NOT USE WASD. This game has terrible controls because half of keyboard is unavailable to be rebound (almost the entire right side of the keyboard, the symbols such as comma, period, semi-colon etc cannot be used). I have never used WASD and do not plan to ever.

This game is so clearly a console-first and

This game is so clearly a console-first and PC-as-an-afterthought game that you cannot even use the mouse on the main menu. You don't even see your cursor on the menu (???? pretty wtf moment for me). You can't even bind extra mouse buttons or the scroll wheel.

Don't support games where developers are too lazy to allow you do something so simple as to bind keys to what you want. Game is completely unplayable as a lefty.
  43. Dec 29, 2014
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do a port.

After spending nigh on 15 hours with the PS3 version, there was no doubt left in my mind that Ground Zeroes was worthy of being a Metal Gear Solid game. Say what you will about the length of the main mission, but this game clearly makes a case for the term "content" being much more nuanced than how most people refer to it. Camp Omega
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do a port.

Camp Omega is the real star of the show in Ground Zeroes - it feels like an amalgamation of the best levels from Thief, Hitman, and the Splinter Cell series in their heyday - and reinforces how the stealth genre is more about the levels than anything else. Everything about Camp Omega feels like it was crafted by experts: The believable vantage points, the sparing-yet-dense use of both high and low grounds, the use of light and shadow, it's all there.

The PC version (both surprisingly and unsurprisingly) is the definitive way to play this game. The FOX Engine truly shines when left to flex its muscles on superior hardware. My eyes almost popped out when I saw rain water drip down the face of one of the many nameless soldiers I would chokehold into submission later on!

I feel like the bar has been raised impossibly high by Ground Zeroes as a prologue to the upcoming The Phantom Pain. If the levels in the full game can capture even a fraction of the craft seen on display in this game, it will be more than something special.
  44. May 7, 2015
    If not for Wolfenstein: TNO and Far Cry 4, this would have been GOTY. Despite being only a prologue, Ground Zeroes beats the crap out of modern games with its challenging, atmospheric and immersive gameplay. And one of the best optimized PC games of a freaking decade.

Real smooth, Kojima. Hope The Phantom Pain will be exactly like this.
  45. Sep 7, 2015
    Its a reasonable game I suppose, nothing spectacular at all, nothing original either. If you have played Far cry, splinter cell et al l, then you have played this. meh.
  46. Jul 1, 2015
    I love the irony of Ground Zeroes. This is a very short game when you look at the main mission, but a very long game when you look at all it has to offer. After all, for me it is great, because replay value in this game is worth more time and quality than a lot of AAA titles have to offer.

The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score is that I expect Phantom Pain to be a lot better and bigger. It seems like Kojima is bringing it all out in main MGSV, I'm so glad then that the engine it runs on is, by all means, one of the best engines on PC. It looks amazing and runs smoothly, I didn't even dare to expect something like that was possible nowadays. Especially for a series that were good in avoiding PC for so many years. The irony continues, as does my love for it.

But what is the best thing in the game is that it does not guide the player by gently holding his hand through all. It encourages to explore the possibilities and to simply have fun with all the tools it gives you. Yet another cute irony is that even though Camp Omega is not a friendly place, after spending few dedicated hours in it, it started to feel like home.

Bottom line, this is not a game that one plays for the story, but a game that one plays for fun. If you think you can get over one location and one quick main mission and focus on getting 100% or at least some incredible sandbox fun, go and buy it. Once you pass the 5 hours mark in this game, you will start to catch the irony of most people reacting to it :)
  47. Feb 3, 2018
    If Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has anything to offer, it's conflicting feelings. Its overall presentation hints at a worthwhile experience, whilst its extremely short length says otherwise.
  48. Feb 11, 2019
    Awesome gameplay, great music and story. If you like this game you MUST play the phantom pain.
  49. Mar 14, 2017
  50. Feb 3, 2015
    First off, I am a BIG MGS fan, so there might be a little bias going into this. I just finished the main mission of the game, and I gotta say, it's great. GREAT performance, GREAT game, overall, and for $20 bucks, its more than justified, HOWEVER, I don't recommend this game to people who have never played MGS before, or aren't familiar with the series. You'll just be setting yourself upFirst off, I am a BIG MGS fan, so there might be a little bias going into this. I just finished the main mission of the game, and I gotta say, it's great. GREAT performance, GREAT game, overall, and for $20 bucks, its more than justified, HOWEVER, I don't recommend this game to people who have never played MGS before, or aren't familiar with the series. You'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into this game, not playing any others before it. But, I do recommend this game to anyone who has played and liked any other MGS in the series, before hand.

10/10- "Walkman Simulator"
  51. Apr 27, 2015
    Great game! Not 'cause this game belongs a great series but this game shows up a new gameplay dinamics (for the series), with amazing graphics showtime!

This game is a short game, like a demo, but if you'll try do 100%, prepare yourself for 30~40 hours..... The main mission campaign has only one short mission (that you can beat in 30 minutes), and after this the game unlocks other 4

The main mission campaign has only one short mission (that you can beat in 30 minutes), and after this the game unlocks other 4 missions including JAMAIS VU (raiden protagonist) and DEJA VU (playable with PSX Solid Snake).

If you like gunshot games with cinematic storytelling, Ground Zeroes is for you.
  52. Dec 26, 2017
    It is really good whie it lasts
    It is a game made just as an introduction to the real MGS V, so don't expect a lot of content here. (main mission can be completed in 1-2 hours)
    What it is to expect is the amazing level of gameplay, cinematics and inmersion the Fox engine had to offer at the moment this game was released. Ant it is really superb, PC port is flawless! About the quality
    It is really good whie it lasts
    Ant it is really superb, PC port is flawless!
    About the quality of this game-episode, it is just on point, solid and intuitive (unlike previous MGS games)
    I give this game a 7/10, and highly recommend it at low price
  53. Jul 7, 2015
    Buy this game if you're willing to pay for a 2-4hrs trailer of MGSV The Phantom Pain.

If so, know that this is by far the best PC port of a console game I played recently. The Normal settings are challenging but absolutely affordable while the Hard difficulty is really challenging, requires patience and skill, it is rewarding to say the least. The main mission is fun and the story,

The main mission is fun and the story, which is basically absent, is fine. It's fun to collect intel, videos and all the easter eggs from every mission.
    BIG PRO FOR THE PC VERSION: you get both special missions, namely: Deja Vu and Jamais Vu which are terrific, you'll laugh so hard at both if you've been a fan of the franchise.

The only bad aspects are that at Hard difficulty some missions are seemingly impossible to get the S ranking, probably because they didn't think anyone would bother. Not having a dedicated button for taking cover but having Snake do it automatically is sometimes a bit clunky and can get you spotted.
    The amount of ways you can play every mission is just amazing.

Didn't talk about the shooting and the stealth, nails both, pretty rewarding doing headshots at almost 300 ft with a tranquillizer gun.

"I'm good to drive" Lol 10/10

Actually it's more like 8/10
  54. Aug 15, 2015
    Graphics are outstanding, animations look smooth and nice. Storyboard in the other hand feels a little bit weird and unrealistic (lol). Overall a great, but short game that exhilarates people that like the MGS storylines.
  55. May 10, 2017
    Ground Zeroes is literally a boring mission with no significant content. In my honest opinion, MGSV: GZ should've just been integrated in the prologue of The Phantom Pain.
  56. Mar 6, 2017
    It's hard to talk about this game without talking about it price tag but I'll try to separate the two and babble about the price point at the end.

In short the game is a third person stealth action combat kind of a game. You play as a Snake or as he is referred later on Big Boss - the whole Metal Gear Solid time line is quite confusing but that's something for die hard to keep a track of.

The game consists of a single story mission and a number of side mission's called side ops. The side ops can be treated as a full flagged missions but with just a different objectives and a lot less story following them. They all take place on a single fairly big map. While the atmospheric conditions change and vary a lot - whether it's a day or night with rain and without it you must understand that the map does not change. Though having a sandbox kind of aspect for all missions lets you learn and appreciate it's design a lot more if after a single mission you'd leave to another area. I'm still on the fence if that's good or not. On one hand I really did enjoy playing the same map but discovering new areas and ways of approach - on the other hand the engine seems just too powerful to have a single map.

The "main game" is short. It took me around 70 minutes on the first try to finish the main mission - and that's including time spent learning what I'm allowed to do and what I'm not. You can probably finish it in half of that and that's not rushing. The additional side ops extended the time spent in game to around 8 hours which is fairly decent for such a short game - and I did not replay any of the mission on hard mode - so that's that. Though in order to unlock two bonus missions had to raplay the main one.

The story is interesting though if you're not paying attention it sometimes does not make a lot of sense. The big thing to note is that Ground Zeros is mostly free of the Metal Gear Solid strangeness. This feels like a more traditional war game rather than metal gear title which comes with quite a bit of supernatural and a few metal gears.

The game engine is a beast. It runs smooth, looks amazing and offers a lot of choices of approach and interactions. You can be stealthy, you can go gun blazing, drive a armoured vehicle - it's up to you. The number of things you can do is really high.

There are sometimes games that have extremely memorable moments. Those can be scripted but this one (and this goes for the MGS5: Phantom Pain as well) is a unscripted moment maker. During a rainy mission I climbed on top a small building and started sniping people down - no suppressor - and due to rain/storm they just couldn't work out where the shots were coming. That was so amazing seeing them just run and talk that there's a shooter somewhere but can't make out where.

The little touches like suppressors lasting only for a certain number of shots, luring enemies with clips, even the sentries calling other guards to investigate something make this game a real joy to play.

The controls are a bit finicky - I struggled between mouse/keyboard and controller. For sneaking and moving around the controller is a much more natural fit. For shooting it's pretty bad. Ended up switching between the two when things got hot. Would have liked if the keyboard controls were a bit more thought through.

Finally the price - this feels more as a DLC rather than a full title. Or even more like a demo. In my personal case that would have worked. If this was free and I'd played that - no doubt I would pre-order the Phantom Pain - full price, no questions asked. As it stands I've stayed away from both until I saw them on at least 50% sale - and the only reason I've picked up Ground Zeros is that they've been bundled. At anything more than 3$ this is definitely not worth picking up. Instead you should just buy the Phantom Pain. There is enough content for this game to not matter entirely.

So in summary. Worth a buy for cheap. Fun game but does nothing that would suggest buying this over Phantom Pain which is definitely a money well spent.
  57. Jun 22, 2016
    There's not a whole hell of a lot I can say about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, especially since I played it only after a good two or three days into The Phantom Pain. I got it on the cheap, which is what you should also do if you're looking to get it still. There's two ways to look at GZ, at least from where I'm standing, and it looks like both: A paid tech demo for the FOX engine,There's not a whole hell of a lot I can say about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, especially since I played it only after a good two or three days into The Phantom Pain. I got it on the cheap, which is what you should also do if you're looking to get it still. There's two ways to look at GZ, at least from where I'm standing, and it looks like both: A paid tech demo for the FOX engine, and the gut-wrenching prologue to TPP. Really, when TPP came out this game should have been folded into it and anyone who owned it should have gotten a discount towards it, but this is Konami we're talking about.

Ground Zeroes plot follows directly on from Peace Walker, and if you haven't played that game or indeed any Metal Gear, you're not going to have any idea what's going on, but here's the basics: You are Big Boss, legendary former special forces operative turned mercenary leader. You are on an infiltration mission to a US military blacksite in Cuba, in search of a double agent who betrayed you, and a captured comrade who went looking for that same agent.

Things kind of go downhill from there. GZ introduces the player to the mechanics they will be seeing in Phantom Pain, though it is noticeably rougher around the edges. Going from TPP to this game as I did was not pleasant in this regard, especially losing the Fulton system, and it is annoying to see that issues i have to deal with in the later title, such as the complete inability to use the mouse for the buttons in the iDroid, were present here and not addressed prior to the release of TPP. It is also considerably more ponderous to switch between weapons of the same category here. While both of these games represent an unprecedented step forward in the messy history of console games ported to PC, in terms of optimization, controls, and PC-specific settings, there is a long way to go yet. Still, the smooth camera control, aiming, and player movement are all here, as is the godsent "reflex mode" that allows you to enter bullet time when spotted and neutralize the spotter before they can raise an alarm, as well as a fairly forgiving checkpoint system and the removal of series-mainstay infinite enemy respawns. Gone are the days of MGS4, where I would ♥♥♥♥ up stealth just once and be forced to shoot my way through the rest of each level, hideously maiming my score and ranking. The checkpoints are actually more forgiving here then in Phantom Pain, even.

After completing the relatively short, simple and, notably ONLY, story mission in the game, you unlock access to a series of four "Side Ops" missions, including a glorious rail-shooter level where you give a certain bespectacled game designer-slash-intelligence operative fire support from a helicopter. If you collected nine hidden "XOF" patches in the story mission, you also unlock access to two "Extra Ops" levels, one an amusing nod to the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1, the other a bizarre mix of elements from several other games, including Kojima's "Snatcher" visual novel, which was only available here in the US on the much-maligned SEGA CD. Beyond that, the anal-retentive among you may take interest in the various "trials", hard mode levels, and other increasingly minute and inane extras, though this is all to otherwise pad out the content of what is, at best, a two to three hour game. There are plot-relevant audio tapes scattered among the Side Ops that at least make them worthwhile. I would say about half of my playtime was spent listening to these tapes, and a good chunk of the rest was spent with my face in the mud, trying desperately to be good at stealth games. As this is not MGS4, I was at least partly successful.

Nonetheless, I have heard it stated that Ground Zeroes is completely superfluous to one's enjoyment of Phantom Pain, and this is largely true. It is however, a small but key piece of the overall plot and on that basis alone, I recommend it to longtime Metal Gear fans. If for whatever reason you ignore the story in these games, then by all means skip this installment and proceed directly to Phantom Pain, which is a far greater value for the price- and now includes multiplayer, no less.
  58. Nov 1, 2016
    Short game, but with great replay value. Visually and mechanicly very impressive and runs with no issues on PC. Gameplay is Solid with options both to play stealthy or go guns blazing, or as i like to combine both of them which felt the best way to play for me.
  59. Feb 15, 2017
    It's no secret that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had a narrative which doesn't reach the heights of the past entries in the series; if there's one thing to expect from a Metal Gear game, it's the engaging story and cutscenes, playing around with the ludicrous, and cramming all of the philosophical ideas and themes pertaining to technology and warfare. The entirety of MGSV could beIt's no secret that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had a narrative which doesn't reach the heights of the past entries in the series; if there's one thing to expect from a Metal Gear game, it's the engaging story and cutscenes, playing around with the ludicrous, and cramming all of the philosophical ideas and themes pertaining to technology and warfare. The entirety of MGSV could be thought of as Hideo Kojima's way of saying thanks to the series' fans, who have kept the Metal Gear brand relevant in the gaming industry for over 30 years - a collective passion and dedication, which forms the basis of the series' finale: we, the players, carry on the title of Big Boss. Heartfelt? Sure. Corny? Well, it wouldn't be a Hideo Kojima Game if it wasn't.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes takes place in Camp Omega: a U.S. naval prison facility - reported black site - located at the southernmost tip of Cuba. Big Boss received word that Paz Ortega survived the ZEKE explosion, and is now being held prisoner along with Chico at the facility. Due to Paz being the only lead that MSF has on Cipher, and the fact that Chico somehow sent out a distress call while bound in chains, Big Boss is forced to take matters into his own hands, and infiltrate the camp to rescue them both.

Back when MGSV was first announced, Kojima promised a mature Metal Gear story, which would explore real-life issues that he normally doesn't tackle. Ground Zeroes somehow fulfilled that promise by highlighting the prisoners and their torment at the camp, rather than focusing on Big Boss himself. Right off the bat, the player is greeted by hooded prisoners on their knees, surrounded by growling guard dogs and heavily-armed soldiers; the camera focuses on a minor with a small hole on his chest, and bolts on his ankles, seemingly traumatized and out of touch with everything around him; cassette tapes bring light about the brutal and disgusting torture methods used by the officials at the camp. What's outstanding about Ground Zeroes is that it set up the intended mature tone so well, exploring the human nature and relishing the silent moments, but eventually dialed everything back for The Phantom Pain, where Kojima takes another shot at the Metal Gear tropes that he established.

Skull Face was supposed to be the next big Metal Gear villain, with the potential to top some of the best characters in the series. He is only shown for a brief moment during Ground Zeroes' campaign, wearing an outfit similar to the Lone Ranger, and an eventual glimpse of his heavily-scarred face; even so, his power and influence can be seen throughout the camp, and his backstory - as told through cassette tapes - imply a vengeful man, who had everything taken from him, and forced to serve different masters wherever he went. Enter The Phantom Pain, where his role has been relegated to that of the typical evil mastermind, who will stop at nothing to make sure that everyone who knows the English language dies.

The events leading up to that grand finale of The Phantom Pain had been very lackluster, and Ground Zeroes could only offer a small glimpse of how the entirety of Metal Gear Solid V could have really felt like, if more time was given for developing it.

And there you have it.
  60. Apr 12, 2019
    Ground Zeroes is just a prelude to the final game Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain but back in the days, 2014, it let me hyped enough to the final product. Now I am just replaying everything again on the PC. Because if there is a game that deserve be replayed, is Metal Gear Solid V.

Graphically is still pretty good, even comparing to 2018/19 titles. And the game mechanics are pretty standard, with other games of the genre and easy to catch.

I understand when everybody says that it is short, yes it is short, if we think about the price that still costs in 2018/19, is a bit unacceptable. But I get it with the "Definitive Experience" which significantly payoff.

In any case, Metal Gear Solid V is a milestone in the history of video games and any game collection deserves it...
  61. May 4, 2019
    A slice of a masterpiece that we'll never get to play..
    A slice of a masterpiece that we'll never get to play..
    Release price aside, which was without a doubt a rip off, Camp Omega and its main mission have almost everything that made MGS a masterpiece back on PS1 and more. The cutscenes, music, radio chatter, the controls and gameplay blend in together in the most cohesive and engaging way the series has ever seen. GZ captures the whole POW/torture scenario perfectly, there's a sense of urgency throughout the mission and it ends with one of the most badass cuscenes in the series to date.
    The other side missions are absolutely a must play, they also have story bits and well designed objectives and replaying everything on Hard mode makes the experience a whole lot more interesting.
    This is a slice of the true MGS5, the game we'll never get, because V: The PhantomPain is barely an MGS game it's Peace Walker 1.5 with a far worse story and characters.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 18, 2015
    Ground Zeroes is a technically competent PC version of an entertaining, but unsatisfyingly short commercial demo level for the upcoming Phantom Pain, which leaves you wanting the whole thing. [Feb 2015]
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 4, 2015
    If you’re looking for a linear, cinematic experience, it’s not a game for you, but if you value freedom in approaching the challenge and find joy in tackling it in different ways to see what happens, Ground Zeroes is a must-have for you. Especially that the PC port’s quality is superb. [02/2015, p.67]
  3. Jan 26, 2015
    It’s more a playable Demo than a full-flavored game. Gameplay itself offers much stealth-variety and a fantastic atmosphere with great graphics and sound. The replay-value is nice and let the player try various playstyles. It’s a good appetizer for upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Menus and are not optimized for pc, gamepad is recommended.