3.4

1. Jun 1, 2020
    This is a pay-to-win game. The rules are being changed every week or two. There are a lot of bots. The game crashes constantly.
  2. Jun 8, 2020
    It was interesting game from the start, but after ~10 battles you will face with high level heroes who casts spells like '100% crit chance for 6 seconds' and you loose. The only way to level up your heroes is to buy (get) chests. Pay-to-win.
  3. Jun 2, 2020
    Inbalanced, Buged, worse gameplay.
    Worst Auto Chess at the moment in my opinion. All other Auto Chess Games are much better in everything.
  4. Mar 24, 2020
    tl;dr 7/10 it's lots of fun and needs no tutorial to get into it and has no microtransactions, but suffers from lack of progression. The best autochess game out of the lot to get into if you are new to the genre hands down.
    ____________________________________________
    ____________________________________________
    I have tried dota 2 autochess and League of legends autochess and the one thing that turned me off from those games is the personal level with how few players there were in a match and how long it takes to go through a match as well as the hefty complexity and learning curve. Losing sucks in those games, you just get pounded repeatedly for 10 minutes with no leeway if you suck or are just starting. You have to consult online guides and do research to even stand a chance.

In chess royale, there's a 100 people and you're bound to be better than most of them. If you have any kind of familiarity with autochess this game needs no tutorial and has lots of quality of life features that make the gameplay flow easily, like showing openly and easily what synergies with what and alerting you clearly what units you already have on the buy menu so you can buy them for later combining.

On the downside there's little or no progression in this game, you can unlock avatars, autochat phrases, and avatar borders and that's it... Nothing else really to work towards besides being number 1 in each match or getting involved with the leaderboards which appear to have no baring on skill but rather how much you play.

The games go quick, with an early loss being around 5-10minutes and at 10 minutes being when 50 players are normally left and with 15+ minutes if you manage to get in the top 5.

My favorite thing about this game is the fact that you can play and learn as you go, a huge turn off for me is when you have to do research to play a game, a little hypocritical since i play dwarf fortress, but most people don't have time or want to spend time learning how to play a game.

Being able to learn the game and create your own meta as you go along the way is a truly special thing in online games that you see rarely nowadays and only if you are one of the first players. Normally hours after a game has released the perfect meta and way you should play the game has already been figured out by other players and you just feel like a chump not playing the meta. In other words, due to there being 100 players even in your first few matches you have a great chance of getting in the top 50 where as in other autochess games the other 7 or so players will just scrub the floor with you mercilessly.

Anyways 7/10 I'd give this a 8/10 but it is on the Uplay launcher and im not dissing the Uplay launcher just cause it's not steam, I'm dissing it because the playerbase will be smaller because they won't bring it to steam. From what i've seen though it is on mobile so hopefully that will sustain it.

All in all lots of fun.
  5. May 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have tried most auto battlers but this one is really different. I play two days and got 1760 points. each win or let's say top 15 is like 30 to 25 points . So I played a lot for two days. It is fast,it is versatile because of the spell system that change every 24 hour I think maybe less. It changes the whole concept of the game with the spells and depending the spells you might play rush lvling or play low lvling or play more melee cause they give block etc.It lucks the elements of dota underlies that you can change the board or interact with the board and have small prizes but the gameplay is so fun! Try it out you will like it! I give 9 cause small prizes and no way of interacting with board etc. Expand
  6. Dec 27, 2020
    A quite intuitive game... But there is no balance in your fights and you get quickly bored

In the end, it requests a lot of games to evolve when only the money will help you to pass threw the next difficulties
  7. Sep 14, 2020
    Opponent and I got 2 lives. I win the first game but opponent does not record the loss and still has2 lives remaining. I subsequently loses both games consecutively.

The recent update has made the game pay to win as well.
  8. Sep 12, 2020
    This game only has it's name from our beloved franchise to offer.
    Practically all the rest is hot garbage impo.
    They should really invest time, money and effort into making a proper HOM&M game again!
  9. Aug 2, 2020
    After a week of play, here is the ONE major, fundamental problem with this game (speaking from experience, had played many similar auto chess games before):

The game overall is nice, champions are kinda balanced. HOWEVER after a certain point... When I started playing, my 1st 3 or so games were trash (was forced to push the fight button). Then after I got the chance to read the

When I started playing, my 1st 3 or so games were trash (was forced to push the fight button). Then after I got the chance to read the champions and synergies, I came up with my comp, and with some luck, I quite often was able to execute it and got many 1st places in a row (mostly were AI a max of 5 people in 1 game i ever met, but usually 1-3).
    Then after some questing, farming, and some heroes leveling, and saving up 750 crystals, I was finally able to open my first SCARLET CHEST (best worth/value in my opinion). The problems came from THIS point onward. After opening the scarlet chest, were I also received my first purple(epic) tier hero btw., the game started to throw insanely overpowered AI-s at me. Where my heroes had 10-20 stats, their heroes had 20-30 with already active abilities. From this point onward

...it was NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE:
    - To do any quests (aka. farm) that required to win with my low lv. hero vs ANY of the AI heroes;
    - To place in top 50 were as before was always top 5
    - To actually play. AI will dominate you, and as for players: ONE, there are SO few, its not even worth mentioning that you will be able to beat them, since the chances that you will fight a player instead of an AI is minimal, and TWO the enemy player will be minimum 1 tier above you (on tier 3, i faced 4 sometimes 5 enemies).
    This basically means: ALL the other AI and ENEMY players, MIGHT have have a 10% damage, and WILL have a MINIMUM of 50% up to what I have seen a 90% HP bonus. So even if you have better synergies or even a higher tier cost/unit with higher base stats I was beaten. For example (last unit fights) MY silver 2 star gnoll lost vs a 1 star gnoll; OR my 1 star Behemoth lost to a 1 star ghost; etc...

Another week has passed, and I'm starting to see some cheats/hacks as well. Some russian players had a full 3 star undead comp. Said SAME russian guy next game, had almost THE SAME 3 star vampire,etc comp, with a diff being that instead of 3 star ghost, had 3 star dragon. I mean doesn't anyone else smell something fishy/stink?! As i foresaw questing is a major pain in my rear, and not only if you manage to beat your odds, now you have 99% sure cheaters as well!

Conclusion: Do not play good, in fact lose intentionally; DO NOT OPEN CHESTS EARLY (do not progress), or you kinda **** yourself. So then I have to ask the question, how is this fun?! Its so scripted, it hurts!

PS: If you need to avoid opening chests early to NOT **** yourself, that means there is ABSOLUTELY no point in buying anything for cash, in fact you might just screw yourself even more, which will end in a "i need to spend more, to be able to keep up" endless loop I think. Who knows, maybe that was UBISOFT's plan. I wasn't intending to use the shop anyways, since buying coins already seemed POINTLESS. Crystals on the other hand...oh boy. Your call if you want to pump a LOT of money in it, so you can be the top of the slot machine. But be warned. If I (UPLAYER) will press the + button, you might face 90+ or so angry AI-s who will kill you, so GIVE ME MORE $$$!!!

Yours: A "I will very soon uninstall this garbo" player.

Score: 2/10
    Solid mechanics, true to the might and magic lore, well balanced units.
    Game breaking AI/matchmaking balance; unplayable after 20-30 matches / your first early scarlet chest opening. Had a solid 2 days worth of fun, and 5-6 days of misery hence 2/10 and not any higher even with all the pros, the cons is just TOO GREAT! RIP

After week 2, score changed to 1/10

Back to HoMM 3 ^^
  10. Aug 10, 2020
    It's Ubisoft, so as expected, it has less features than all the other competitors in this dried-up fad, but more payola. All the game systems have been slapped together so indifferently that they don't work with each other which is a common theme in most Ubi games so why would you expect anything different here? It's a cash grab with a dead franchise, nothing more. Nobody is going to missIt's Ubisoft, so as expected, it has less features than all the other competitors in this dried-up fad, but more payola. All the game systems have been slapped together so indifferently that they don't work with each other which is a common theme in most Ubi games so why would you expect anything different here? It's a cash grab with a dead franchise, nothing more. Nobody is going to miss Ubi when they're finally getting swallowed by some other soulless husk. Expand
  11. Dec 27, 2020
    It is simple, it is fun. Really good entry point to the genre. Give it a try for sure.
  12. Jun 11, 2020
    Worst game I have ever played. It's crashing, bugged and unplayable for more than 15 days after Heroes Refunded patch while the Devs are still hyper-pozitive in talking about fixes. It offers random chests for 55 USD and except money, it offers minimal progression and even punishes people for not being top 6 out of 100. Exactly the opposite of what legendary Might & Magic IP stood for.Worst game I have ever played. It's crashing, bugged and unplayable for more than 15 days after Heroes Refunded patch while the Devs are still hyper-pozitive in talking about fixes. It offers random chests for 55 USD and except money, it offers minimal progression and even punishes people for not being top 6 out of 100. Exactly the opposite of what legendary Might & Magic IP stood for. Employ John Van Caneghem and do it his way or at least do games that are playable, I had sessions with 4 game crashes out of 5, similarly as others.

In any case, I want my money back, the game is not playable and the real reason behind the update v2.0 was to get money before the game is dead. The real code name for this operation was “Heroes Refunded” not Heroes Reborn. Worst Might and Magic game I played.
  13. Jul 17, 2020
    I have played several different auto chess games, and I have yet to play an auto chess, so unbalanced and ridiculously one sided as this one.
    While the units and synergies are fun, the hero leveling, makes it so unbalanced, that even after the introduction, you are at such an unfair advantage, that you have almost no chance to win a single round.
    The game have a massive pay-to-win
    The game have a massive pay-to-win in-game store, where you can buy your way to almost an 100% win rate, so you don't even have to try, in order for you to win every game.
  14. Jul 19, 2020
    Sorry for my English.
    Typical pay to win system. You NEVER win agains hero mucth level higher then yours. On the beggining this almost imperceptibly but some levels after thats your first problem. Not synergis. Not stars level and spells just hero 6 lvl vs 14. Nice AUTO PVP system when you always loose if not buy boxes.
    22 hrs gameplay (almost all party 1st place)
  15. Aug 2, 2020
    It's a **** mobile game that tries to profit on a well known brand. You have all the classics like - daily login bonuses, free chests, progression towards free rewards and all other "good stuff" to hook to play this hot trash.

I did not went as far in the game as others, but as far I can tell you mainly play against bots. Even LoL Tactics or Dota can't get into 100 players at once in 5 seconds. But it does not matter as the matches take around 3 mins. you have 3 lifes - heroes that switch after each lost battle and after last one dies you get your exp. and get transferred to back to menu where the huge FIGHT button awaits.

The heroes provide some bonuses and specific starting units, so it's a nice touch. But their main goal again is hooking the player as you need to grind them out to actually get to these bonuses. Heroes also influence your units stats and here where it destroys the balance because you can have same units as enemy but his or yours hero provides 20% attack bonus, so that person will win. It's just a cheap mechanic honestly that is also quite confusing because you don't have any time to check WHY you won a battle or why you lost it. Matches itself play out in matter of seconds, but units animations are confusing and as mentioned before you can't really understand what's going on and why. During the pauses between battles again you can't check your stats.

All tho the units look quite nice I don't understand why they did not use Might and Might creatures from the games. Some are there, some are just generic stuff but honestly there are many fans of Heroes III, IV and V that would love to see those classic monsters battle it out.

If it was an actual flesh out game it could have been alright. As now it's just a cash grab that will die as others stupid mobile games. If you want a good Battle Chess - Play Team Fight Tactics. This one is just sad honestly. Plus it needs that stupid UBlancher. uh
  16. Sep 1, 2020
    Might & Magic: CHEST Royale
    First, i write here since Uplay has no review, thats the first time they let the customer down.
    But to the game: The first thing that always happend to me is my Avast tries after every patch to put a file in quarantine. Even if not, the game often "forgets" where the game is located and i have to search the folder manually, than it scans all the files and
    Might & Magic: CHEST Royale
    But to the game:
    The first thing that always happend to me is my Avast tries after every patch to put a file in quarantine. Even if not, the game often "forgets" where the game is located and i have to search the folder manually, than it scans all the files and have to repair them, sometimes this is not working and i have to reinstall the game.
    It is a typical Auto Chess game like everyone made one, so if you played once a Auto Chess you understand it on the first sigth. So whats different?
    Even bevor you start the game you chose three Heroes, they represent your life and if one dies one life is gone. they provide passiv statboost for your minions after some thresholds they provide a significant boost to a specific unit and faction, some of them are HUGE gamechanger for example: after you drop at 25% life, ALL minions get +50% dodge chance for the rest of the battle, this triggers and one unit can solo the rest of the enemy team.
    Here comes the first small pay2win aspect of the game, you level the heros not by playing but you get the EP out of the chests, ok one small per day but throw a bunch on money and your hero is level 10 and all your minions and factiosn does more damage.
    You can get some premium currency by making daylis but they reset after 2(!) days.

Now you get into play and then the next downside comes:
    the game tries to trick you, you think you are playing against 100 other players arround the world simultaniusly.
    Most of them are clearly BOTS, you see the same name very match, they play like garabge and theyr level stays always the same.
    The balance is just broken, yet they want you with two different quests to play the weakest factions, for a whole week.
    The Game flow is buggy or out of sync. sometimes units die randomly or dont die at all.
    It happend to me now two times that the game disconnectet me with with no reconnect mechanik, so i had to forfeit my clear #1 place for a game restart.

The Game is more on the fast side of this kind of game, some units are good looking and it has with its hero systehm (only 3 life, passive boosts and some passive spells) a unique mechanic wich is rigth now completly out of balance.
  17. Feb 2, 2021
    So - i reached the third checkpoint and i think i can make a pretty certain review for this one.

I played my first 3 games wich you are forced to paly without any explaination.. luckily i won 2/3 games as first. Iplayed roughly 60 games and was #1 in about 51. It´s pretty simple, you go for Synergies, you find out what the strongest unit is and go for it. In the early-,mid- & endgame.

It has no new invented mechanics for an Auto-Chess game. You have more depth in your Gold regulation and the Heroes are quite interesting if you can actually make them work after some levels.. but that´s also the weakpoint of this game. I opened my first scarlet chest and suddenly had enemies with even fancier heroes than i had. Some of thm almost oneshot my entire board before the fight started and so on..

It IS pay to win, there is no doubt in it. When you play this game, you get the feeling that it´s only made for money. It´s unpolished and not thought through. It lacks statistics and you mostly have no idea about what´s actually happening. And ofc you don´t have to forget about some heroes being absolutely op.

There is this one hero that makes your units have a 50% chance to dodge every incoming damage when a certain healthpercentage is reached. But sometimes 8 of my units do about 100 attacks in the last 15 seconds on the last single unit of the enemy and none of them hit wich makes it hard to believe that it´s just a 50% chance.

No matter how good you think your hero is, there will someone be with an even greater Hero.. that you also have to pay for ofc. The prices are ridiculous and you feel betrayed with every purchase you do.

It´s also layed out like every mobile game is. You can grab free stuff. The free progress system gives you some stuff, wich is nice. The pool to get a normal chest is 100/100 wich you get for a game and the refill is hourly & the poolsize low, so you actually miss a lot when you sleep. It´s an awful system for people who don´t have the time to access this game regularly.

I love the HoM&M series but this game is - in my opinion - not worth having this name. It´s a fun game that you can enjoy if you actually put some money in. But i would not recommend it to anyone.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 17, 2020
    All in all, despite Might & Magic: Chess Royale being free to play, I have a hard time recommending the game as anything other than an introduction to auto-battlers or a very casual experience to distract a few minutes while waiting in line. It's overly simplified and displays little in the way of character. With several games of this nature on the market, it's difficult to see how Chess Royale could compete.
  2. Feb 4, 2020
    A fantasy casino arena with a high coincidence factor and more gold management than regular tactical challenges. At least there are no micro-transactions.
  3. Feb 3, 2020
    It might seem gimmicky, but Chess Royale is an effective introduction to an often-confusing genre.