8.2

1. Jun 21, 2019
    Max Payne but 2d.
    I r8 10/10 goty nothing can top this
    But seriously the soundtrack is amazing and the gameplay was very enjoyable and unique.
  2. Jun 26, 2019
    Short but rly fun game. 10/10 so far, soundtrack was good, weapons were rly rly good
  3. Jun 21, 2019
    There is the maddest 2D shooter, for fast gamers. 6-9 hours gameplay and so easy high level difficult is the worst keys of this game
  4. Jun 30, 2019
    Brilliant!!! ಠ⌣ಠ
    The game is Designed Profession-aly and it's almost Perfect!!!!!!!
    To Developers ::
    It was A Huge Honor to play your Master-Piece Guys...
    Keep going and keep making new awesome memories like this game for us.
    The Words can't describe what you did Fellas!
    XX with great Respect
  5. Jun 20, 2019
    One of the best games in this year. You should play to experience its gameplay with its story's geek
  6. Jun 20, 2019
    Forgive me for this really, really strained metaphor: My Friend Pedro is like eating a banana that's starting to rot as you're eating it. It's still a really good banana when you start, and the general core of the banana is still there but it starts to taste not as good. TLDR; I still recommend it, but it's not as good in the second half which focuses more on platforming than shooting andForgive me for this really, really strained metaphor: My Friend Pedro is like eating a banana that's starting to rot as you're eating it. It's still a really good banana when you start, and the general core of the banana is still there but it starts to taste not as good. TLDR; I still recommend it, but it's not as good in the second half which focuses more on platforming than shooting and has a suddenly turn towards making jokes about gaming and the internet.

The game's opening hour and a half (out of around three) are incredible. First, the game shows it understands how to introduce mechanics and then really play around with them. But unlike a game like Mario, where it's simply an obstacle to get around, it is instead another way to either kill your opponents or prevent them from killing you, expanding your arsenal against mobsters, hitmen, gamers and "Internet Service Protectors" (I'll get to that). Once you make your way through the first section of the game, you're then dropped into what is essentially a series of gauntlets that ask you to really go all out in pulling off some amazing feats.

This is helped by the controls. They're simple, and while finicky at times, let you really move around the stage. Jumping through the air, pirouetting in order to avoid enemy fire, before firing at two enemies at the same time sounds like it should be complex, but it's quite the opposite. Kicking things, while tough to line up, is also easy to do. You have to really learn how to use everything to your advantage, but the rewards for doing so are wonderful.

Then the game decides to start turning its hand towards platforming. Now, for maybe one area this would be fine (and the justification for the more gamey style platforming challenges is a fair one), but the developer seemed to forget that the reason I was playing this game was to kill enemies. It'd be fine if it was woven into the shooting, but it does not feel like it is. So levels from the middle section onwards have chunks where you're spending more time solving small disconnected platforming puzzles than actually fighting mooks.

Speaking of mooks, while the game does have a silly streak (Pedro being the main source of it), the halfway point suddenly marks a drastic change in tone. You go from a world that seems like a stylised version of our reality to an outright absurd one where hardcore gamers are living in the sewers and The Internet is a physical place that appears to have control over the world. You go from fighting mobsters in tracksuits and hitmen attending their annual Christmas party to fighting gamers dressed as knights and what basically amount to internet police. It goes from a gleeful but still somewhat grounded action romp to a story that seems to have stopped taking itself seriously and was dangerously erring on the side of meta. I was obviously not expecting anything groundbreaking from the story, but what I got was very underwhelming even for the standards of this kind of game. (Of note is the ending which left a lot to be desired, although the boss fights before it are actually pretty good.)

It still has its incredible highs though. And because of said highs I recommend playing it. But be wary that it'll start to lose steam once you reach the halfway point.
  7. Jun 20, 2019
    Very cool game. Recommend to play. Music and gameplay the best. 10/10. GOTY.
  8. Jul 5, 2019
    Cool and awesome game, it reminded me the ancient spectrum game "Rolling Thunder" mixed with the modern "Not a Hero". If you like 2D game shooters, this is one is for you. Great work here!
    PROS: quite funny to play + slow motion + each stage has diffent things + easy controls & easy to play + humor + bosses + jumps + etc
    CONS: easy difficulty (but i personaly prefer this than too hard)
  9. Jul 19, 2019
    -Graphics and design: 10
    -Gameplay: 9
    -Sound and Music: 10
    -Bugs: 10

Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment):
    -Freedom of choice:
    -Coop in Story mode: 0
    -Multiplayer: 0
    -Mods and the ability to change the game: 0
    -Interface: 9

Scores from 1 to 10, the higher the better
  10. Jul 9, 2019
    Awesome shooter, Awesome soundtrack, badass gameplay.
    Only thing that I don't like is that, sometimes, the game turns into a damn platforming game.
    Like, after killing hundreds of people, you want me to solve a damn puzzle, stopping all the adrenaline? This game is also really short. I'm talking about 3 hours short. Which, yes, the levels are very replayable, but workshop items and
    Awesome shooter, Awesome soundtrack, badass gameplay.
    This game is also really short. I'm talking about 3 hours short. Which, yes, the levels are very replayable, but workshop items and custom maps would have fit perfectly into this game.
    Those 2 are the reasons I'm giving this game a 9 instead of a 10.
  11. Jun 22, 2019
    Игра просто зашкаливает музыка,оптимизация,качество просто ставлю 10/10 жаль что нельзя поставить 11/10 Советую купить она стоит таких денег
  12. Aug 29, 2019
    A game about blood, boolets, bananas. If you ever wanted to play 2D Max Payne, then this game is for you.

A dream come true for action fans of all types, My Friend Pedro adds a fresh coat of paint to its classic flash game predecessor by incorporating new mechanics and improved visual flair.
  2. Aug 19, 2019
    A brilliant arcade game about a bloodthirsty ballet dancer with a deadly aim - could there be anything more awesome? But beware - if you don’t like your stuff very much over the top in the vein of Japanese videogames, you might not be able to tolerate Pedro.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    It’s a pretty decent price for the fun that is to be had. In the end… you are just one man and his banana… and maybe that’s all you really need.