• Publisher: Playism
  • Release Date: Dec 25, 2020
9.3

1. Jan 8, 2021
    Fantastic and surprising. I knew going in that the art and music direction would be great, but the battle system was complex and engaging and the story (especially the ending) really blew me away. A must-play for fans of Earthbound or RPGmaker games.
  2. Jan 7, 2021
    If you like games like Earthbound and Undertale, this game is very similar to them, but has a bit more psychological horror. The art is really pleasant to look at and the combat is fun. Highly recommend you play this.
  3. Jan 10, 2021
    Made an account just to review this game. My review is about 9.5, which averages to a 10 rating. The art style and music is fantastic, and the story is great. Everything about OMORI is memorable and special--certainly a different game than what you commonly see nowadays. There was so much content put in here for an RPG Maker game. You can tell it was a passion project. The only thing IMade an account just to review this game. My review is about 9.5, which averages to a 10 rating. The art style and music is fantastic, and the story is great. Everything about OMORI is memorable and special--certainly a different game than what you commonly see nowadays. There was so much content put in here for an RPG Maker game. You can tell it was a passion project. The only thing I found negative was the lack of NG+ replayability, like text skipping not being a thing, or cutscene skipping, or no option for low-level enemies being skippable like they are in Earthbound. These are fairly minor though and don't really apply to the first playthrough. Expand
  4. Feb 1, 2021
    OMORI is nothing short of a grand artistic statement, which has boiled within the mind of its creator for more than a decade, brought to the gaming sphere as an intricate, detailed and personal expression, of the meaning of friendship, escapism and trauma.

Honestly, one of the best digital narrative experiences currently available for purchase, standing alongside Nier Automata, Undertale and Lisa.
  5. Feb 13, 2021
    Wonderful music, environments, exploration, characters, fun combat and a well paced story that has horror elements tied perfectly into the otherwise whimsical tone of the game. Not to mention the sheer volume of stuff this game has in it. Even after my 35 hour playthrough there was a lot that I did not see. Absolutely worth the low price tag.
  6. Jan 27, 2021
    This game is incredible, I feel nostalgia even playing it for the first time, art and history are certainly the best part of the game, the characters are simple but I still managed to feel what they felt, certainly a masterpiece.
  7. Feb 6, 2021
    OMORI Is The Best RPG Game I Ever Played Even That I Don't Like RPG To Much
  8. Feb 1, 2021
    Arte simplesmente incrivel, é incrivel como o jogo aborda temas sérios de uma forma tão genial, mais um indie incrivel
  9. Feb 7, 2021
    Warm characters with relatable and touching topics done in the best way possible. The game is able to manage very complicated things in a compelling and heartwarming yet brutal experience, with one of the most remarkable finales of any videogame in the recent years. This is truly a gem that is depressingly unknown by the community. There are games out there that are "acclaimed" thatWarm characters with relatable and touching topics done in the best way possible. The game is able to manage very complicated things in a compelling and heartwarming yet brutal experience, with one of the most remarkable finales of any videogame in the recent years. This is truly a gem that is depressingly unknown by the community. There are games out there that are "acclaimed" that wouldn't even get close to the amount of gameplay, and the intense experience this game provides for just $18 dollars.

It is truly remarkable, it is a fantastic piece of art.
  10. Feb 4, 2021
    Uno dei videogiochi più belli degli ultimi anni. Trama, gameplay, location. Quasi perfetto
  11. Feb 12, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an amazing experience to anyone playing this game because of its beautiful soundtrack, insane content and old but still being attractive enough gameplay and combat system (the skills, toys, emotions, ...)

The graphics is also an addition to this game, firstly it tricks us with White Space, a beautiful imagination world with OMORI's friend and cute mobs and peaceful layout. The story gets darker when we get back to Faraway (The world where Sunny lives) and sees nightmare thourgh Sunny's eyes, then goes back to White Space once again so we know White Space is just an imagination world, we start travelling bc most of the time we get in White Space and then goes back the the Faraway, with some detail so we know Sunny's going to move away and many things happen with real Kel, Aubrey, Hero, Basil and most importantly: Mari is dead.
    We keep adventuring until we get to Black Space, a corrupted place with many creepy monster and then the ending, brutal but perfect.
    So the upsides of OMORI is:
    + Good layout, soundtrack
    + Intense storyline, reflects many people nowadays who scroll them inside just because of a lifetime mistake so they can actually know that mistakes will never be forgotten, but we have to face up to it and head to the future
    + The fact that it has many hidden secrets and achievements so its the motivation to play this game again
    + How they arrange the "OMORI" with the sentence: OMORI did not succumb, helping us with a second chance to fight the monster while against us at the end.
    Downsides:
    + Shortage of save slots, which makes the game intensively annoying to play again if you are a secret/achievement hunter.
    +This game is too long and the storyline is low speed so its boring for the people aged 11-14 (the age group usually has the habit to like something fast but still fun and attractive) and the map is too big that makes finding KEY hard and pitful.
    Anyway, this game is still amazing so that you will think about it for a week after finishing the game. A masterpiece at some point tho.
  12. Jan 3, 2021
    Omori is heartbraking and a masterpiece
    A wonderful story of heartbreak and isolation. Make sure to read the content warnings, and don't be afraid to take a break and spend time with someone you love
  13. Jan 5, 2021
    this game probably isn’t for everyone but it’s so fun (and aesthetically pleasing!) to play, the way they handled the story is so unique and very meaningful, don’t judge the game for it’s cute and “childish” presentation, the transition to the psychological horror moments always left me speechless. The twist at the end and the slowburn of discovering new pieces of information wasthis game probably isn’t for everyone but it’s so fun (and aesthetically pleasing!) to play, the way they handled the story is so unique and very meaningful, don’t judge the game for it’s cute and “childish” presentation, the transition to the psychological horror moments always left me speechless. The twist at the end and the slowburn of discovering new pieces of information was phenomenal. The gameplay is a bit easy at the start but you’ll (maybe) find yourself struggling with the final bosses or if you go for the Omori or “Another” route, you really need to grind for that. For me playing this game was a very unique and heartbreaking experience, please give this game a chance. Expand
  14. Jan 6, 2021
    Not only is OMORI a masterclass in storytelling, with the themes of depression and loneliness being interwoven perfectly into the story and characters, but the spin on typical RPG combat with the emotion system changes OMORI from an amazing indie to quite possibly one of the deepest, complex, and best games of all time.
  15. Jan 4, 2021
    Omori is a life changing game. If you like games like Undertale and Earthbound and like that irresistible mix between quirky humour and cute characters with horror then you'll love this. The combat system is great, the dialog, characters, world building are all masterful, and the art and music are lovely.

Read the content warnings but don't read any spoilers, you owe it to yourself to play this game blind and with an open mind.
  16. Jan 17, 2021
    Unfortunately , this game didn't give me that amazing feeling as Lisa, Undertale or OFF even if they are the same category of game's. Sadly this one didn't try to deviate from the standard formula which for me made it a pretty average experience.

The combat , puzzle and exploration parts of the game were all very basic and even when the combat is fair it took a very short amount of time to learn the enemies patterns and the way the EMOTION mechanic works.
    The Puzzle's were pretty basic (which is fine) and the exploration felt in most times really tedious.
    The Soundtrack was fine , there weren't any songs or boss battle themes that made me feel pumped up I only enjoyed the Credit's Song which was really well done and was perfect for the ending.
    The character's are nothing to write about unfortunately even if you spent at least 14 hours with them they are not that fun , charming or witty that you get to really like them.

The strongest point of this game is the story , which unfortunately drags out for too long , this is one of the game's that a shorter game time would've been better , by the end of it I was just getting bored to walk everywhere to find a missing KEY for example. The ending and our Main Character's backstory is what make's this game above Average, it was visually interestingly explained and provided enough details that you can clue together to understand what is happening.

An Above Average Experience honestly I expected a bit more but it's still worth playing it ( if you enjoy tedious walking and scenes where nothing is happening) 7/10
  17. Jan 15, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First time i give a game red 5< score. And i don't want to be that "guy" Who just make a oposition of new popular game because is popular. And if you don't agree go ahead and vote this review as unhelpful. i Don't mind it. but if you want to listen me, i would say thank you.

My better advice don't play this game, See a gameplay without commentary and then end with your own conclusions.

I tried to like this game, And i envy anyone who enjoy it. But i can't escape from reality (like the game story). This game is not a good game. The art is good, Is not my favourite art style . but is better than the majority of other games..
    The gameplay is mediocre (And find that the story would be better told it without RPG elements), The new things that add are 1 HUD boxs (with the classical OBJECT and other with something called "TOY" what is complementation of Emotions mechanic) which add with the mechanical of EMOTIONS (LISA the painful did before but the only different is that here EMOTIONS have 2 stages for all members of the group and 3 stages for Protagonist). What makes the gameplay boring is that all the new stuff, You will have World map encounter (like other RPG game) , Fight enemies to gain EXP and level up. Something you would use your TOYS to induced your emotions in situational battles which are little few (like 2 o 3) everything is monotonous and make stop everytime.

Storytelling is the most promise aspect of the game, It's have enormous narrative mistakes. There is nothing about Horror except in the final stages of the game (Dark Space). Every other horror element is just a secret easter eggs or options. And the best part is in the end (Something what does good is you have clues before the great reveal at the end and you can play as your dreaming detective, That is nice). The real problem are the subplots (Like Captain ex-boyfriend and sweetheart) and side quest which are only to fulfill pokemon journet to capture all the keyboard. This aspect doesn't add nothing to the initial plot and side quest stories are just fillers (You only do it to find keyboard and not because you are interesting in the life of this NPC or something). What is does fine everything outside the dreamworld (everything is better than dreamworld), The characters are flat Summary KEL is the brother of HERO and HERO fears spiders and go to college, AUBREY is better than everyone in the cast but his character development is just another redemption arc which ends in nothing, BASIL and SUNNY are like the two pillars of this game, I don't care nothing about the mute protagonist and how his big reveal try to tell us about his artistic family crisis, I care about BASIL because he is cute and a PTSD victim of his Best Friend not because he is a good character. Every other side characters is just landscape withour charisma (Pluto may be the exception).
    The story is a summary mix about Anohana broken friendship group because a death friend with Yume Nikki hikikomori plot and dream world which doesn't add anything. The final boss is just mirror-distanced version of yourself (another Cliche).

The music is okay (Toby Fox participad in 2014 in compose of a track), Is nothing outside of the box.
    But i really like (Mari theme) it was beautiful track.

Jugability is a torture, Storytelling is written in end to begining (The problem of starting to build the house from the roof), Horror elements are just details and nothing until the end of the game. Music is okay and Art style is good (i guess).

This end with my review if you like this game, i envy you for not having joy it like you do. Summary I don't recommend it, See a video in youtube about the story and skip the mediocre jugability.
  18. Jan 24, 2021
    I have played this game for 6 hours. Honestly I just can't get into it. I know this game wants to be an Undertale type of game, and I loved Undertale but this just doesn't move me. I have found the combat to be pretty boring and the story is somewhat intriguing but not enough so to keep me playing. I hear the ending is good but I have no motivation to keep playing to see it.
  19. Feb 4, 2021
    This game is a nice disappointment. While the story is interesting, the true ending leaves a bad taste in the mouth, leaving several loose ends, which could have been better.
  20. Jan 24, 2021
    As a jrpg fan with over hundreds of hours sinken into it I can tell you that omori falls short and bland. The ost is really nice tho but the gameplay loop is slow and the dialog is very cringe most of the time
  21. Feb 2, 2021
    When people compared this game to Undertale, I went into it with high hopes. Initially, I started out liking this game. The artwork and animations were beautiful, the music was great, the characters and dialogue were adorable, and the story was initially engaging. The initial horror aspects and mystery were definitely a selling point for me. I believe that this game started out very, veryWhen people compared this game to Undertale, I went into it with high hopes. Initially, I started out liking this game. The artwork and animations were beautiful, the music was great, the characters and dialogue were adorable, and the story was initially engaging. The initial horror aspects and mystery were definitely a selling point for me. I believe that this game started out very, very strong. I can't say the same for the rest of the game.

As the game slugged on, I found myself losing interest. The gameplay was boring, the main plot dragged on so slowly, and these unnecessary subplots kept being interjected in to drag it out even longer. I had to force myself to continue playing just to get more of the main plot. Eventually, the main plot let me down, as well.

The "big truth reveal" was unclear, boring, and not subversive. It was something we've all seen a hundred times before in other games and films. Finishing this game did not offer anything new. It was an incredibly huge let down, especially after how strong the game started. Furthermore, there are numerous plot holes that made the story frustrating and difficult to believe or immerse myself in. Even after watching through playthroughs and figuring out what I missed, these plot holes STILL remained, and that's a huge fault to me.

Overall, the game had an underwhelming ending, dragged out much longer than it needed to, and plot holes that left me feeling frustrated. The artwork and music was amazing and I would recommend supporting the artists behind that. But as a game and storyline to play and engage in, I personally wouldn't recommend it.
  22. Feb 26, 2021
    Just play the game.
    In my opinion, one of the best games i ever played.
    Especially the storytelling, such a heartwarming story.
    I felt embraced, laughed many times and cried much tears.
    Im in love with OMORI...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 27, 2021
    Having played through OMORI, I’m confident say that it’s an experience I won’t forget. This is a game I wholeheartedly recommend for those that appreciate a good story. With a strong emphasis on catharsis, it has a lot up its sleeves. The cutesy and colorful presentation hides a grim reality and it hits hard. Highly recommended, OMORI is a gem of a game that definitely deserves recognition.
  2. Jan 25, 2021
    Nostalgic, lovingly crafted, moving, and surprising, Omori is a remarkable achievement. Earthbound and Undertale are easy comparisons, but Omori stands out as it's own, highly personal piece of storytelling.
  3. Jan 13, 2021
    Omori's ending is brutal, but its characters and humour put some heart behind the horror.