5.5

1. Apr 2, 2020
    A treat for all strategy fans. Much improved graphics over Panzer Corps 2. Many new mechanics like encirclement, supply and core slots make this a fresh take on the series which . It is challenging and there is a lot of content. More will come in the form of dlc’s and mods.
  2. Mar 20, 2020
    almost nothing new besides heroes and overrun. short campaign with 23 missions, technical problems and so on.
  3. Mar 19, 2020
    Gameplay is like in PzC1, but with 3D (which is unnecessary, 2D was better) and heroes (interesting, but we can live without them). You can find technical problems. And be ready to see short campaign (only 23-24 missions).

The worst thing of the game is publisher. Slitherine is absolutely inadequate company. I’ve said here about no bonuses for those who are in quarantine (for example, new stage of beta), no preload, overprice and censorship at the official forum (publisher closed some themes where gamers criticized Slitherine). And then I was banned forever. So, these guys will ban everyone who criticizes their games. Dear developers, please, find another publisher with adequate employees.
  4. Mar 26, 2020
    Very disappointing. First off, the release was over an hour late, so thanks for having me stare at the steam page refreshing every 2 minutes for an hour. Second off - I'm deeply disappointed, and hate the game. Which is sad, because I loved the first game. It suffers from the same crap Panzer General suffered from when it went from 2D to 3D - somehow they think they need to change otherVery disappointing. First off, the release was over an hour late, so thanks for having me stare at the steam page refreshing every 2 minutes for an hour. Second off - I'm deeply disappointed, and hate the game. Which is sad, because I loved the first game. It suffers from the same crap Panzer General suffered from when it went from 2D to 3D - somehow they think they need to change other things that worked too. I like the new tactical debth to some units, and hate the changes they made to others - like for instance that artillery now no-longer can support adjacent units being attacked by hard units(tanks etc), and is generally worthless when it comes to scoring any kind of damage. Now they are relegated to uber-crap support units.

Here's my main gripes with the game, tho; As with Panzer General, it went from a somewhat "massive" scale, where you could have cool combinations of units and field quite a force, to now limiting you excessively, and leaving both you and the enemy with less units on the field, that for some stupid reason have more numbers per unit in a hex. This is terrible. Now you can't be as tactical as you could before, because there are so damn little units to play around with. There's a new core pool, and it's **** Instead of having a set number of units you can mix and match for the tactic of your pleasing, now you are limited to a core number that each unit fills up an excessive amount of, and oversizing units seems somewhat a must (infantry is oversized by default, and it sucks) - the graphics are messy and somewhat confusing, and hurts my attention-span to look at, and tires me.

I did not enjoy this one bit. I wanted to. I've been looking forwards to it for years. But what they delivered is unacceptable garbage.

I can't bother writing much more, but it's safe to say that unless they radically change the game, it's trash. Just stick to the original. It is still a 10/10 for me - this seems amateur-like, and just plain sucks. Devoid of fun. What happened with PG 3D? They removed the sense of tactics by severely limiting the number of units you can control - and the same is true here. Among several other terrible... TERRIBLE mistakes they've made decision-wise while making this pile of steaming ****.

Steer clear. Not worth your money at the asking-price, or even a third of it. I wish I pirated it. I want my money back. This was garbage.

Matrix/slitherine games are usually hit or miss. This was a huge miss. 2/10. Do better. I just really don't want to ever start this game up again.

Had to go 0/10 to make the actual score more correct. Blatant idiots keep giving it 10/10. This is nowhere near 10/10. It's misleading BS.
  5. Mar 29, 2020
    Waiting so long for such crap. What a disappointment. After years of working on the title, that's what we heard from the producer, we get a copy of PC1 only with other colors and 3D images. No improvements, maps are almost the same. One of the best strategy games since original Panzer General is not evolving. Actually you can play the original tile from 1994 and have the same fun withoutWaiting so long for such crap. What a disappointment. After years of working on the title, that's what we heard from the producer, we get a copy of PC1 only with other colors and 3D images. No improvements, maps are almost the same. One of the best strategy games since original Panzer General is not evolving. Actually you can play the original tile from 1994 and have the same fun without spending big cash on the 2020 remake, I feel cheated by this release from Slitherine....as the others said, it's a classic rip off. Better go for the Unity of Command II title in the same genre. Fresh, eyecatching strategy that brings a lot of fun, improvement and innovation. Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2020
    This game's a rip off and a bad one at that. Even disregarding the price, it's still not very good and a major let down.

First of all, the content. This game costs premium, but all you get is only the Wehrmacht campaign yet again. Yup, same old campaign that you've played dozens of times already if you're a fan of the genre. Panzer General had German campaign, but Panzer General 2 had 2 German campaigns, 2 Allied campaigns and a Soviet one to boot. This is just ridiculous. They claim the campaign has 60 scenarios or something, but of course in reality it's about 20, as it's a branching campaign just like in PC1 that you won't play more than once, cause you'll be bored out of your mind anyway.

You now have two currencies to manage your army, as core slots aren't the number of units anymore. Different units have different core slots prices now and you need to mix and match. This sounds fine, but then you look at the system and immediately realize that the devs were either drunk, trolling or have extremely vague idea about their own game. For example fairly useless AA units can cost same, or sometimes even more, amount of slots as a full fighter unit. Just lol. Who in their right mind will use the AA units then? Congrats on completely invalidating an entire branch of units with their own models, stats, etc. Don't even get me started on other things, such as artillery pieces costing same as 2-3 tanks and other idiocies. This will probably get patched as time goes on, but still a massive rotfl and "you just have no idea what you're doing, do you" badge for all involved.

The new graphic engine sucks, but everyone knew that already. Shooting for 3D in a niche strategy game when you don't have resources to make it look good, because you think it will bring more sales. Let's think how many times this has worked. Oh, right - never. All you get is poor readability and strategic overview when compared to 2D. The graphics are simplistic, blurry and some assets are just absolutely hideous - ships, for example. Some animations seem to be completely missing: destroyed tank will blow up and leave a wreckage, but artillery just vanishes into thin air. The music and sound design is poor as well. The production values are nowhere near the money demanded for this game.

The game is also streamlined and a lot of features were stripped. There's a lot of that, so let me name a few: no different victory types based on performance, no SE units, smaller maps, lack of differentiation in objectives, copious amount of turns to complete each mission, lack of new equipment summary at the start of a mission...

There are some things I like:
    - Heroes are now impactful with unique abilities like in PG2, not boring +number to a stat like in PC1
    - Units have new special abilities, which are often quite interesting, for example parking recon near an enemy unit will give accuracy bonuses to all attackers
    - Point buy system to customize your game with positive and negative traits

Other changes are just meh/whatever, like splitting units in half when it costs additional slot and time or the need to re-base your aircraft to provide more air coverage, which again costs time.

Overall, avoid this game now and maybe come back in a couple of years when there's some full dlc edition at like -60%. Even if you like what you see it's a horrible deal for the current price.
  7. Apr 5, 2020
    Really disappointed with this game . WAY OVERPRICED - A BIG RIP OFF. All scenarios very similar ! Now Unity of Command 1 and 2 they are GREAT games. Challenging , thoughtful scenario construction and re-playable again and again. PC2 £50 to change some camoflage on your units. WOW !
  8. Mar 21, 2020
    This game is not panzer corps at all. This game is order of battle with some skins. Play isn't fun anymore.
  9. Mar 29, 2020
    Great game. The king is back ! If you are reading the reviews looking at if you should buy the game... I say: yes you must have it.
  10. Mar 25, 2020
    A great turn-based strategy for VS or Co-op multiplayer. You can play it "via e-mail": make your turn and upload. You do not need to wait for your opponent in-game.
    A major improvement over Panzer Corps 1: the game is faster, good to look at and at the same time is more rewarding and tactical.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 28, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Mar 19, 2020
    Panzer Corps 2 is a very good wargame reminiscant of Panzer General, strongly profiting from ist new engine as well as enhanced dynamics and terrain variety.
  3. Mar 19, 2020
    If you liked Panzer General and the original Panzer Corps, then PC2 is a must buy. The “more so” comes into play as regards gamers who may have bypassed these games in the past, considering them more beer and pretzels or generic mainstream strategy fare. PC2 has added just enough modifications to push the realism level into the wargaming proper category, giving a distinct WWII feel without sacrificing the elegant simplicity that made its ancestors famous.