4.6

1. Dec 23, 2017
    This game is VERY hard to give a score to, so as of the 'official release' of PUBG (coming out of early access a.k.a PC version 1.0) this is my review.

What did they do right? In the grand scheme of things, Bluehole did a PHENOMENAL job in marketing by incorporating Twitch (much better than H1Z1) and the viewablity of this game makes this excellent for streamers and therefore free

What did they do right?
    In the grand scheme of things, Bluehole did a PHENOMENAL job in marketing by incorporating Twitch (much better than H1Z1) and the viewablity of this game makes this excellent for streamers and therefore free advertising for their game hence why it is the most played game on steam in less than 10 months. The gameplay (when it works) is also VERY nice to play with and losing a game doesn't feel as bad as you can just hop back into a game within a minute and get right back into the action. It is addicting, but they shouldn't excuse of them of...

What is wrong with the game?
    This should of NEVER left early access at this state, this game is still a unpolished disaster that has a ridiculous amount of bugs and glitches for a out of early access game. Without a doubt they did this so they could fulfill their promise of coming out of early access within the year. The game is littered with cheaters but they have banned many of them so credit where credit is due.

In conclusion, this game is fun, hell it's addicting as hell BUT lack of paying attention to game breaking bugs and them STILL being there in the 'released' out of early access version is horrid. If they can improve this game by optimizing it as well as paying attention to game breaking bugs, PUBG can go VERY far in terms of popularity within the community.
  2. Dec 22, 2017
    The idea is fine, the execution is sub par with 18 hz tick servers at max. Fortnite runs a lot better and is completely free.
  3. Dec 21, 2017
    Why in hell someone can give this game a 10/10? Doest make any sense..
    It i fun? Yeah! But bugged, badly optimized, and just have 2 **** maps.. How can you compare this with a game full game? This is a beta version of something that coud be geat, but is just still missing ALOT.
  4. Dec 30, 2017
    Most bugged and unfinished game i have ever played. the netcode is so bad, the gameplay is terrible too. it is more a walking simulator than anthing else. and this game is so much overhyped by paid streamers to promote this very poor made game.
  5. Dec 22, 2017
    Critics are fake, i can't believe this game have the same score of the witcher 3. Is plenty of bugs, not optimized and really frustrating. YES OFC this is NOT **** game but the same metascore of Divinity2 or the witcher 3? We are near to ridiculousness. My score is 1 Cause i want to low this critics cheats but the game deserve 5/6...
  6. Mar 19, 2018
    Boring game. I don't understand the hype about this game.
    This game is not for people with problems spotting enemies in a very problematic visual and audible environment.
    The most time you run around the map and loot and camp. RNG is a given relevant aspect of the game. Skill is overrated. The only skills u need are good ears and good eyes.... The performance is the worst i ever have
    Boring game. I don't understand the hype about this game.
    The performance is the worst i ever have seen in a game. Lags are not unusual. So it is also RNG if you are in a fight it depends on who has the better connection.
    Cheaters destroy your fun very fast.
    Don't turn on the voice chat. Else your ears will bleed cause of a lot of idiots.
    Played it app. 32h with friends. And I only will play it with friends.
    This game consists for me 80% of boring running, looting and camping. But this can be a question of taste...
  7. Dec 22, 2017
    This is simply overhyped peace of ugly textures and buggy code that can't be called GAME.
  8. Dec 22, 2017
    Poor optimization. Unfinished product, bugs, poor performance with hi end PC, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is a promise of something, but they take money for a promise, not fair. A lot of missing contents for the most disappointing game of the year.
  9. Dec 21, 2017
    Buggy unoptimized mess. Fun with friends but gets annoying really fast when you can't pick up the gun from the ground or open doors. 30€ from this? No thanks, it feels ike a mod to some other game.
  10. Dec 21, 2017
    This game is on the hype train cuz of streamers. It's more fun to watch than play cuz of their reactions. When you play you actually see how frustrating and lame it is.
  11. Dec 21, 2017
    PUBG only became so successful because of clever marketing and luck. "It's so much fun with friends!", yeah well i could think of a lot of other games that are fun with friends too. The difference is that most of your friends have already bought the game because of the hype and the twitch sellouts marketing it.
    The actual game itself is an utter mess. It has bugs, lag, hackers and
    The actual game itself is an utter mess. It has bugs, lag, hackers and optimization issues up the wazoo. Too bad the greedy c*nt developers are too busy swimming in money to bother fixing any of these problems. It's absurd how such an unpolished, low-effort, shallow product costs 30 bucks with micro-transactions on top.
    Even if these things were fixed, the core gameplay is just so tedious. You spend 15 minutes searching for items and then 80% of the time you get shot by someone you couldn't see or avoid because you had to rush to the white circle. Actually winning the game is 20% skill and 80% luck. If the other players have better equipment than you and got to a better position then you're just screwed.
    9/10 game my *ss.
  12. Dec 20, 2017
    Devs cashed in before the word could get out...This game is trash do not waste your money on it. Supposedly out of early access yet still full of lag, desync, glitches, bugs, and oh man do they have a ton of cheaters, but don't worry they don't acknowledge the cheaters so they don't have to fix it. Hasn't made much progress from the Arma mod days if you take away the slight graphics upgrade.
  13. Dec 20, 2017
    A Battle Royale game, where there are plenty of bugs, optimization failures, with the most greedy developers that puts no effort on fixing the excessive rubber banding on servers, even with millions of dollars of income, they cannot spend on more for an unknown reason, plenty of building loading problems where you have to land with everything not loaded, ps1 graphics buildings, this gameA Battle Royale game, where there are plenty of bugs, optimization failures, with the most greedy developers that puts no effort on fixing the excessive rubber banding on servers, even with millions of dollars of income, they cannot spend on more for an unknown reason, plenty of building loading problems where you have to land with everything not loaded, ps1 graphics buildings, this game got popular by most of streamers, but it is entertaining and pretty funny with friends, nothing more, much less Expand
  14. Apr 22, 2018
    Brendan Greene has to be one of the most delusional game """"developers"""" to walk this earth yet. He has absolutely no technical value for the industry and, in addition to making it suffer with this joke of a game, he's trying to pursue legal action against games like it because "muh forced creativity".

I gave it a chance while in early access because I thought this game would be good at release. This "release" has showed me exactly what kinds of devs they are: This is not an unfinished game, this is a broken game, made broken from the start.

They all lack what it takes to make this the game it should be and it is now permanently removed from my library.
  15. Dec 21, 2017
    Overrated and over-hyped thrash. Cancer of gaming industry and gaming subculture. This game doesn't deserve it's accidental success.
  16. Dec 20, 2017
    Problème de latence, crash, popping, framerate au fraise.

Le jeu en lui même est bien, mais malheureusement la version Xbox One est vraiment à la ramasse.

C'est vraiment une hone de sortir un jeu en cet état.
  17. Dec 20, 2017
    streamers make this game popular! nothing special, its boring for me now! i think that this game have so much problems with connection and games issues,so tomorrow it will be released i think , and i hope they will change something about that problems or they give a **** about it! its so lagging and i don't have fun when someone is killing me because i cant pick up my weapon form thosestreamers make this game popular! nothing special, its boring for me now! i think that this game have so much problems with connection and games issues,so tomorrow it will be released i think , and i hope they will change something about that problems or they give a **** about it! its so lagging and i don't have fun when someone is killing me because i cant pick up my weapon form those connection lagging and its really annoying! :( Expand
  18. Dec 20, 2017
    Honestly why would you ever buy this overrated game? Here are some examples of nasty things I found within the title:
    - Greedy Developers that put paid content into Early Access game despite saying that they won't do that until release,
    - Chinese cheaters that will ruin your games and waste your time, - Poor optimization and many bugs, - Bans for doing anything near streamer. There are
    - Chinese cheaters that will ruin your games and waste your time,
    - Poor optimization and many bugs,
    - Bans for doing anything near streamer. There are a lot of examples in steam reviews. Look it up.

It's not worth your time nor interest. Stay away unless you have some friends to play with, to laugh how bad this game is (hence 1 point).
  19. Dec 21, 2017
    this game is no single play story.
    There are no individual characters.
    This game is similar to h1z1 .
    It just happened to be a jackpotl.
  20. Dec 21, 2017
    okay so my review is based upon another mans review whom said that pubg was tactical gameplay. my foughts are that it is not a good game with little to no anything to do... i see no daily quests or even story quests to complete and only guys killing guys no girls haha xd
  21. Dec 20, 2017
    Oh, how long I've waited for this moment.

Overrated game with lags, bugs, cheaters. Too huge map for 100 players. Because of this, all the gameplay is in the running simulator. Too large a backpack forces people to collect weapons and the active phase of the game at best starts in 20-25 minutes after the start of the game. The funniest thing is that Brendan Green behaves like a
    Oh, how long I've waited for this moment.

The funniest thing is that Brendan Green behaves like a little girl and cries at every corner that his idea of the game was stolen instead of improving his own product. On relatively new PCs there are problems with performance and launch.

And finally. Back in the days of Counter-Strike, there were regimes of the royal battle. But they did not succeed because of the small maps. Back in 2000 there were films about the royal battle. So Brendan did not come up with a new genre. He just adapted it in the game sphere.
  22. Jan 31, 2018
    Developers cashed out and are no where to be seen.. are you guys even working on the game anymore ? do not waste your money on it, they say out of early access ?? yet still full of lag, glitches and bugs.. makes for some funny YouTube videos but impossible to play - congrats .. cant wait for the next update that gets us.. absolutely no where.
  23. Mar 29, 2019
    for a game that is not even in early access anymore it sucks.
    for a game that is not even in early access anymore it sucks.
    lag spikes everywhere, hackers are all over the place, optimization sucks, hitboxes are not implemented correctly and after one of the updates it bugged my game to a point that i couldnt get in the main menu to start a game( the game opens with just the background), i deleted the game and reinstalled it 3 times, checked game files, reloaded lobbies.
    its just not playable (literally).
  24. May 19, 2019
    The Game seems Good but its Full of Cheaters and no one can't play Aimbots wallhacks and more is the 80% of community is Kids with full of CHEATS. My 36years as Gamer says Do Not Buy this Game.
    About 25€ goes to Thrush .
  25. Jun 25, 2019
    Never encountered a game so Cheater-ridden as this. if you can´t make your game cheater-safe, don´t make a game at all. I hear they banned 7 Million cheaters until today. Forget that game.
  26. Jan 4, 2018
    Not worth buying. Had a huge budget and their published a game which is bugged and has bad server. The game also has a lot of frame crashes.
  27. Jan 6, 2018
    Used to be very fun and exciting. Now the game freezes, lags, rubber-bands and has various other bugs you would expect from a beta version not a game that just rolled out from months of beta testing. The worst part is the cheating and hacking. There is so much of it that the game is no longer fun. Avoid this game. Will be uninstalling.
  28. Jan 7, 2018
    full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters! full of cheaters!
  29. Jan 1, 2018
    This game still needs work. Why is it at times i can empty a clip into some ones head they turn around and hit me once and kill me. Sometimes its hard to pick up guns and other things i have to keep walking back and forth over them to pick them up. Lot of glitches in scenery and game play. And its not my PC its way more than good enough to play this or any game.
  30. Jan 3, 2018
    PUBG has started on the right track of being a great game,with an okay new map,and extremely great QOL improvements, however it still has alot of fine tuning and gameplay improvements to make before I even consider it a good game.theres fun to be had in PUBG, however I only had said fun in squads with friends

4.5/10
  31. Jan 27, 2018
    Boring and pointless glorified CoD or CS:GO.

Boring and pointless glorified CoD or CS:GO.

PUBG is not bad as first person shooter, however the only incentives to play it are to get a chicken dinner and unlock loot boxes that give lame clothing. Other than that, the only reason to play it is to become a pro (Although I can't see it taking off as an esport as it requires too many players) or if you are trying to become the next big streamer. I personally always found it quite boring to watch and hopefully so will the rest of the gaming community.

it's plagued with cheaters and bugs, it's poorly optimised and running on awful servers. And on top of all that, you spend more time looking for vehicles and chasing the play area boundary than actually fighting other players. I understand the need for the shrinking play area, but it's poorly executed and results in players dying just because they can't find a vehicle. Meanwhile the players lucky enough to be in the play area to start with can camp and pick off weakened players as they desperately try to stay in the game.
  32. Dec 31, 2017
    Lag, crash, no optimization, netcode like a sh*t. Does not deserve such hype.
  33. Dec 23, 2017
    This game is a fun concept ruined by amateur and immature creators.

This most recent update has utterly broken the already tenuous netcode. It's so un-optimised it makes DayZ look polished.

To top it all off it's just not fun to play. Run around hoping the RNG gives you some good loot and then die 20 mins later to someone you had no chance of spotting then do it all again.

Do not buy.
  34. Jan 12, 2018
    +Has well done gunplay
    +Map is large
    +Most vehicles are done well +Three weather conditions (Sun, fog and rain) +Fun to play with friends -Chinese people (Who cannot speak English and have awful ping) plauge North American Duo and Squad servers as well as Solo and Duo -Motorcycles can flip and kill you if they touch the slightest bit of inclined geomety -Car hitboxes are wierd and
    +Has well done gunplay
    +Map is large
    +Most vehicles are done well
    +Three weather conditions (Sun, fog and rain)
    +Fun to play with friends
    -Car hitboxes are wierd and sometimes kill someone when they do not make contact
    -Damage values seem inconsistent
    -Performance is poor
    -Net code is poorly done
    -The top 10 this season was entirely hackers (2017)
    -Brendan Greene only cares about money and will not implement a server region lock between Asia and the North American/ European servers because its 'Xenophobic to do so".
    -Brendan Green also defends Chinese cheaters becasue it's "More acceptable to cheat in China".

All in all, PUBG is a fun game to play. It could do without the hackers, Chinese and weird damage values, but it is definitely worth getting if you have friends to play with. I am giving this game a negative review because of the fact that the developers are slow to fix issues even though they definitely have the funding to fix them. It could also do without an awful lead dev who will call his North American player base Xenophobes and defend cheaters for ridiculous reasons.
  35. Jan 16, 2018
    The game is over-hyped. In the very moment this game got into the release state, they started to add incredibly ridiculous micro-transactions (2,20€ for 1 key!) to the game!
    Instead of focusing on what the people want, its always what the corporates think they need...
    I guess I just have to stop expecting companies to listen to their customers... After all we are eating up the dirt people call "DLC", "Expansion Passes" and all that trash to bleed dry your wallets...
  36. Dec 30, 2017
    Acceso anticipado y ya con unos micropagos excesivos, ademas de su pésimo rendimiento.
  37. Dec 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Лагаграунд! Самая хе**вая оптимизация! Юбисовты нервно курят в сторонке... Ибо столько касяков даже им не снилось!!! Expand
  38. Jan 16, 2018
    I didn't understood the hype but I gave it a try anyway. Played it for a while and couldn't warp my head around it. It gets boring really fast and you just doing the same thing over and over again. There's no variety of things to do. It just feels like a mode, not a full game.
  39. Jan 19, 2018
    The idea of the game is good, there's definitetly playability and fun things about the game. However, this game was RELEASED as a paid game to the public in a very ALPHA state.

The shooting mechanics are broken and if you're coming from ANY real shooter you'll be frustrated that bullet registering is non existent. The net code is very bad, and you'll frequently die from lagging thru the terrain or unable to pick up anything from the ground. You'll warp and rubber band around.

If you do manage to survive, odds are you'll be killed by someone with a string of random numbers for a name that aimed at you across 10km and instant headshotted you. They don't do anything to prevent hackers like any real competitive game.

Overall, its fun at first, but then you'll grow to quickly resent the game when you spend 15 minutes just picking up items just to die and do it again because of game engine problems.

What's worse is that the developers have made it clear they arent focused on fixing any issues. They will not introduce region locking and the North American server is just all Chinese players which completely defeats the purpose of having a team game (can't communicate with any players). Also, lag favors the person lagging since hit registration etc is client side, so the same overseas people intentionally choosing a bad server for them will kill you before you can even see them on your screen. Besides this, the developers have already been forcing paid loot boxes down our throats before fixing ANY issues.

Don't waste your money on this game, support developers who actually work for a living.
  40. Jan 21, 2018
    This game was not that good. i found it to be just messy and just not fun. i think fortnite did a better job when it came to distinguishing itself and less buggy. I also found it was just not as good as people said
  41. Jan 22, 2018
    this game had a shot at greatness 20 million hope for the best. chinese hackers, armys of no recoil bots. and the dev playing the race card for region lock.

play anything else
  42. Feb 4, 2018
    Seriously after selling millions of copies they can't even improve a bit the game? Bad graphics, awful optimization, isn't original at all. IS A ****
  43. Dec 20, 2018
    Main office PUBG: So ladies Fortnite takes away our players, what do they have that we don't have?
    Employee 1- Dancing ..
    Director - well done you skin on Kalash Employee 2 - emoji Director - well done to you skin cap Employee 3 - Battle passes Director-- Beautiful for you i to buy food Employee 3- Can players like optimization, game without cheaters and friendly support?
    Employee 1- Dancing ..
    Director - well done you skin on Kalash
    Employee 2 - emoji
    Director - well done to you skin cap
    Employee 3 - Battle passes
    Director-- Beautiful for you i to buy food
    Director-- Clark, you dismiss.
  44. Dec 24, 2017
    Boring game. This game has nothing to do after death, it easily get bored. This genre will not last long.
  45. Jan 8, 2018
    The only way to enjoy this game is with a team of friends in first person. You can play it in a team of randoms, but the average player is 9 years old so I wouldn't recommend it. With a team engagements are more tactical and someone from the team will always be able to spot an enemy team, so reflexes, aim and angle of engagement become important. It's also easier to find high power scopesThe only way to enjoy this game is with a team of friends in first person. You can play it in a team of randoms, but the average player is 9 years old so I wouldn't recommend it. With a team engagements are more tactical and someone from the team will always be able to spot an enemy team, so reflexes, aim and angle of engagement become important. It's also easier to find high power scopes and lvl 3 armor with 4 people looting, which are extremely important to survive, and the best strategy is being very aggressive. That's a good thing.

Solo, it's a nightmare. Luck plays a bigger part while looting, and camping is the only viable option, due to the absolutely massive advantage of being able to hear anyone that sprints in like a 50 meter radious while being locked in a room 3 buildings away, which is complete nonsense. You just blow up anyone that gets too close, they have no chance, and the same will happen to you once you have to relocate. Every match ends with a faceoff between the people who randomly camped at the place closest to the last circle area and didn't have to relocate too much, where they just run into the last circle area, usually in a field somewhere, and the guy with the biggest scope on his Kar98 wins. It is a complete waste of time.

So yeah, if you have a team of friends and can coordinate your play times, the game is worth picking up. Between servers lagging, different things breaking on different days due to how the servers are behaving that day, and people crashing randomly, you might eventually get a 20 minute match that is uninterrupted and smooth for everyone. That one match will be fun. In any other case, stay away from the game.
  46. Dec 31, 2017
    Game is ruined by Chinese cheat creators collaborating with the developers to avoid cheat detection for a share in profits. 95% of games are filled with Chinese hackers no matter what server you play on.
  47. Dec 24, 2017
    Fraudulent sale as is. Still poor optimization, laggy servers running on pentium 4, people forced to play poorly performed desert map 9/10 times, crashes, unable to get to lobby, rubber-banding, fps drops. It's still early alpha 0.1 version. Don't waste your time and money.
  48. Dec 23, 2017
    Every game i lag like crazy. It stops for a minute and I crash. 0 point playing.
  49. Dec 24, 2017
    Been suffering from bugs the whole year, while paying full 30$ price on early access.
  50. Dec 25, 2017
    This game has much potential. The visuals and graphics are impressive and the gameplay is very entertaining. However, the ammount of bad optimisations and it is very buggy despite it being the "full version"
    Overall i like the idea, but the devs need to work on it a little bit
  51. Oct 24, 2018
    A game that looks nice on the surface until you realise that in at least 50% of games you will just die to some hacker who a. knows where you are b. can hit you with every single bullet and c. has no recoil. The game runs fine and I have no issue with lag at all. It's just worthless because its not at all fair.
  52. Feb 16, 2018
    Everyone is hacking / cheating to ruin the experience for everyone else and the majority of them don't get banned. If all the cheaters were banned, half the playerbase would be banned. You can just do a quick google search and bam, tons of premium hacks available that you can buy, that don't run on your computer, the makers say, run a VPN and connect to our server, you'll never be banned.Everyone is hacking / cheating to ruin the experience for everyone else and the majority of them don't get banned. If all the cheaters were banned, half the playerbase would be banned. You can just do a quick google search and bam, tons of premium hacks available that you can buy, that don't run on your computer, the makers say, run a VPN and connect to our server, you'll never be banned. I believe them, and I'm disappointed in the incompetence of the game's anti-cheat. Every single match ends with, someone knowing exactly where I'm going to be and lining up a head-shot minutes in advance, because they see every player position on the damn map with their hack. This is the single worst thing I've ever bought in my life. Expand
  53. Apr 10, 2018
    One-trick-pony with next to no real content and a draining and repetitive gameplay loop, this only got popular because it's easy for 12 year olds with low standards to watch streamers play. I enjoyed it a lot at first I admit, but quickly realized that this game is about as deep as a bone-dry lake bed in the middle of the desert and will leave you just as thirsty. I guess you can buy it ifOne-trick-pony with next to no real content and a draining and repetitive gameplay loop, this only got popular because it's easy for 12 year olds with low standards to watch streamers play. I enjoyed it a lot at first I admit, but quickly realized that this game is about as deep as a bone-dry lake bed in the middle of the desert and will leave you just as thirsty. I guess you can buy it if you are looking for a game to stream and want to appeal to children, but if you have any actual taste I'd aim a little higher and just go down to Crown Fried or KFC to get that chicken dinner instead. Expand
  54. Jan 26, 2018
    Игра просто отвратительна!
    Я очень долгое время боялся купить эту игру и поиграть в нее.
    Спустя долгое время - я купил все таки - надеялся на лучшее - и игра мне не понравилась! ЧТО В НЕЙ ТАКОГО? Как хорошо что в стиме можно вернуть деньги за такие убогие игры!
    Игра просто отвратительна!
    Я очень долгое время боялся купить эту игру и поиграть в нее.

Как хорошо что в стиме можно вернуть деньги за такие убогие игры!
  55. Mar 1, 2018
    the market is over saturated with mediocre multiplayer games, like this one, and this is going to be the end of the industry. mark my words....
  56. May 9, 2018
    It's a shame. The game play for this game is exceptional. Great concept and executed quite well. It has a very steep learning curve. It is a shame that it was overshadowed by so many bugs and glitches and cheaters early on. I personally did not experience the cheaters when I started playing Jan 2018, so that may have been resolved. I did however have to deal with consistent crashing in myIt's a shame. The game play for this game is exceptional. Great concept and executed quite well. It has a very steep learning curve. It is a shame that it was overshadowed by so many bugs and glitches and cheaters early on. I personally did not experience the cheaters when I started playing Jan 2018, so that may have been resolved. I did however have to deal with consistent crashing in my game. I went back and forth for a month between amd, pubg corp and forms online to try and sort out the issues, but at the end of the day I could not resolve the problem.

I am running a amd fx 8350, Radeon R9 270x and windows 7 64 with graphics settings all the way down.

The last thing I received from pubg corp was this email

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam D. (PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS)

Apr 2, 20:31 KST
    Hello Survivor,

Thanks for taking time to contact PUBG support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while playing the game.

We are working tirelessly to identify and fix all the critical issues with the game. We appreciate the active participation of all players in coming forward and reporting the bugs and glitches in the game so that our dev's can fix them. It really means a lot to us!

Fortunately, our dev team is aware of the particular issue that you have reported and we plan to fix this issue in a subsequent future patch.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you continue to support the game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at least the support staff was prompt and polite. As of posting this however, the problem is still occurring. Neither player unknown battleground or steam would refund the money which was unethical as it was a fully released game that was effectively unplayable.

I might come back to the game once the bugs are fixed and will rerate at that time. End of the day the devs rushed a beta into production just to be front of the races for the battle royale craze and they did it on the backs of a lot of unsuspecting gamers who paid $40 for a nun functional game.
  57. Feb 9, 2018
    This game has made very little progress in a years time...Aside from adding a poorly optimized map and a few items, PUBG continues to disappoint with a subpar tick-rate, constant FPS drops, and hackers in the majority of games I've played in recent weeks. A region lock on China would be nice...but Bluehole Entertainment does not seem to want to listen to its already depleted playbase. AThis game has made very little progress in a years time...Aside from adding a poorly optimized map and a few items, PUBG continues to disappoint with a subpar tick-rate, constant FPS drops, and hackers in the majority of games I've played in recent weeks. A region lock on China would be nice...but Bluehole Entertainment does not seem to want to listen to its already depleted playbase. A hardware ban for offenders is a no brainer, but it is not about making a good game, it is about making money and dipping out. Expand
  58. Apr 23, 2018
    Register at metacritic just for this comment:
    2 things ruined this game completely:
    1) cheaters, many, many, many cheaters
    2) wery, wery, wery bad network code - you hit enemy 5 times??? - Hah, no, enemy already killed you 2 sec ago.
  59. Jan 30, 2019
    Hackers. Hard difficult. High specifications.

I given Battlegrounds to 4 out of 10.
    (If your PC 's specifications high, you can enjoy this game.)
  60. Dec 23, 2017
    General Idea of this game is extremely fresh and great. This will be a new Genre of Games, but PUBG will not be on the forfront of this Genre. The developers cant handle this game.
    1.0 Release and still a lot of Bugs, Crashes and Server Problems.
    EU Servers even went out for 6 hours, its a mess.
  61. Dec 30, 2017
    This terrible trash Day-Z-wanna-be game is toxic to the game community and should be banned.
  62. Mar 16, 2018
    Its great game to play online or could be. Its 03.2018 and game is still broken, you can still die just by explosion of your bike on road or other physics glitches. And what devs doing with that? They giving us emots! freakin joke. e-sport ready my ass. LOL
  63. Feb 2, 2018
    This game has way too much lag and server issues. It is updated often but I can't get past the fact that it's only popular because a bunch of streamers caught on to it. It's more of a fad game that will fade away and not be remembered. I ended up refunding this game after a few hours of playing.
  64. Dec 22, 2017
    ¿Esto es un videojuego? Más bien parece una demo técnica de 2006. Aburridísimo y carente de cualquier aspecto positivo imaginable. La mecánica de juego es tediosa. Un desastre sobrevalorado.
  65. Dec 23, 2017
    the game came out because it did not want to drown in the **** EA, the problems with the game and the servers remained, it would be time to leave the Hype train,which launched the corrupt streamers, and Brendan Green to leave the sinking ship, as did Dean Hall with Dayz
  66. Dec 24, 2017
    So I have played it a lot and now I can clearly say that with all that♥♥♥♥♥♥such as lags, crashes, bad servers, cheaters, bad optimization (here its a bit better than in DayZ but still♥♥♥♥♥♥) PUBG is one of the worst games I ever played!

UPD: Well, now after release of the game I need to update my review. And to be honest I see no need to do so. Because after all PUBG is still unplayable♥♥♥♥♥♥ Even though devs fixed a lot of bugs and now optimization is better. There are still tons and tons of bugs, servers are still in an awful shape, problem with cheaters isnt fixed at all. I HARDLY RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY THIS GAME. At least now. May be this all will be fixed some time later but again to be honest I still cant recommend you this game.
    And yeah PUBG is only game I know that after release is worse than in EA stage...
  67. Nov 5, 2018
    Obviously out of their depth, Bluehole (PUBG Corp) is hopelessly incapable of making even a mediocre execution of their concept.

Basic things, like strategically placing servers around major population clusters is ignored and the entire continent of NA plays out of a single location in Ashburn Virginia - this has been the case for over a year and looks like it wont be changing because devs don't even acknowledge it.

While you can play other games with sub 30 ping if you live in California, you will always play with 90+ ping when you play PUBG. In addition to their 18hz server tick rate. People will shoot you before you can see them, kill you behind corners, get a drop on you without you being able to react in time... if you played TF2 or CS:GO on 60hz+ servers you will feel the sludge almost immediately.

Deathcam really shows just how out of sync the game is between players, it creates an experience where your skills are irrelevant. Both horrid ping and low performance servers add up to infuriating gameplay.

If Bluehole has any chance of saving this game - let the community host the servers. It could be an excellent game this way. Have your skins and loot boxes on your own servers, but let the gameplay servers be hosted at a financial loss by people who want to love this game.
  68. Apr 14, 2018
    Most overrated game of history.
    Bugghy as hell, super poorly optimized and that game is most about luck (~80%) then skill.
    Idiocrazy is the only logical reason I find for its gigantic success.
  69. Jan 22, 2018
    Oh man, if you like buggy garbage that is only hidden and never addressed fully, you've come to the right place. First, lets look at the developer: A social justice warrior snowflake that cries about being bullied and then blames users as being racist because they inquire about region locks to keep out the Chinese hackers (which the game is infested with). So, you have that sort ofOh man, if you like buggy garbage that is only hidden and never addressed fully, you've come to the right place. First, lets look at the developer: A social justice warrior snowflake that cries about being bullied and then blames users as being racist because they inquire about region locks to keep out the Chinese hackers (which the game is infested with). So, you have that sort of brow-beating lecturing crap from the headshed right off the bat. Performance wise, you have a tic-rate of no more than 17 causing horrendous server performance because, guess what, they developed it on the Unreal 4 engine with too large of a player base for it to handle. That being said, Fortnite runs the same engine and same player numbers and is at least able to run a stable 18 tic rate. When I said 17, I meant you'll basically cross that threshold, re-cross it, and then cross it again in what will amount to a graph looking like the skyline of the Himalayan mountain range. Instability. But oh man, you finally got that one game that runs alright, and things are finally looking up! Oh but the loot crate hoarder from Asia with a 400ms ping speedhacks up to you, kills you with a recoil hack, and then speeds away with your loot. Even when your buddies shoot at him to avenge your death, the client-side only hit detection gives him the advantage with a high-ping and they can't hit him either. "Git good bro" is the SJW's recommendation. You report SpeedyHackerino to the SJW, and your report is looked at 5 months later, as you notice the email is finally sent to you notifying you of such. A 3 day ban is awarded, and SpeedyBingBing is back at it. Hardware bans are racist says the SJW as he laughs while shopping for a new **** on Amazon with your money, soon after coming over here to MetaCritic to pay for that artificial reviewer score of 85.
    I'll give this game one point for concept. I'll give it another for potential, and even another for the small glimpses of actual fun that can occur when you're not being plagued with server performance issues, hackers/cheaters, or hearing the developer run his mouth about how your opinions are morally wrong in between forging one-eyed purple headed warriors with his chocolate starfish.
  70. Apr 21, 2018
    Go update, comes update and the number of cheaters only increases, after the fall of the number of players, have decided to launch new lootboxs for guys to sell in Steam Market, which is the only motivation to continue playing this game logic, if it were not for this , this game would have been forgotten long ago.

Joke crap full of cheaters, plus bad optimization! note 86 is a lot.

Joke crap full of cheaters, plus bad optimization!

note 86 is a lot. not even Steam users where the game was born is more accepting the company's mismatches with the players; A grade 53 would be too high for a game that does not amuse you and survives from lootboxs.
  71. Apr 29, 2018
    This game is not good its still buggy and is very boring the game is literaly the bane of boring open world games and its very hard to find others and theres the stupid barrier and its a waste of money just play any other multiplayer games
  72. Feb 23, 2018
    как можно расхваливать игру в которой столько читаков?
  73. Sep 18, 2018
    Played the game since the first early access release on Steam - back during that times, me and many others would forget all the flaws the game had, the mediocre looks while also having very bad performance, terrible car physics, terrible buggy parachute, desync and million other small things that one would expect to be fixed in the upcoming months.
    Sadly, 2 years later, the game is still
    Sadly, 2 years later, the game is still in a terrible state and only thing that really improved at least a little bit is performance. The game is now long past its "1.0" release and still feels like the alpha version i originally bought.
    I feel like the game is not gonna live for much longer as its being overshadowed by better alternatives like Fortnite and soon to be released Call of Duty Black Ops 4.
  74. Feb 16, 2018
    Good idea, possibly the worst execution. Wish a competent studio made this game.
  75. Feb 19, 2018
    Possibly one of the most addicting game designs out there. Brilliant play of contrasts and gritty realistic approach to visuals. I can't praise the design intent of this game enough. Pure brilliance.

Unfortunately execution by Bluehole - a nobody in the FPS world, is so horrific that it brings the score down to zero. Its so bad, incompetent, and untested that most people should probably wait for another installment of this game by a different studio.

PUBG is one of those games you're waiting to see AAA studio make. And EA has already hinted that they are seriously looking at taking this design further in next BattleField. Please EA, do it. I can't believe I am rooting for EA to do something well. Go DICE!

The designer of this game is a brilliant dude, when it comes to design, he is a terrible community manager, awful technician, and an abnoxious public personality. When asked to region lock China (where 99% of cheaters come from) he called his NA community xenophobic. Never-mind that playing with people who cannot speak your language in a game where communication is not optional - completely ruins the experience.

He ignores everything that annoys the community - the unfinished Miramar map, which should really be used as an example of how not to do maps, is forced on the player. There is no option to select the map, and because a lot of people don't want to play on it - it creates an over abundance of open servers with Miramar. Prepare yourself for a lot of Miramar - which comes with virtually undrivable terrain, busted loot and facilitates running more than running simulator does.

Even after the game has been "fully" released netcode still sucks, although its not unplayable anymore. Loot field is filled with useless items like clothes (WHY!?! What does this add except blocking other items from being picked up?). Melee weapons are a checklist item - hardly anyone uses any of it outside of occasional gif clip on reddit. If you're used to awesome Battlefield melee system - you'll be in shock. Melee in PUBG is like drunken boxing where both parties will need to have their stomach pumped in the morning. Netcode is sluggish, molassy, unresponsive mess. If you're used to TF2 or Counterstrike - this game will feel broken. You'll be confused and irritated - as to why your shots dont land and why you've died running 5 feet behind a corner to a guy who should not be able to see you.

Vehicles still flip at random on flat terrain. Glitches and messed up textures are everywhere. LOD does not seem to have been crafted beyond default Unreal Engine auto-lod. Hit registration is horrible, you'll routinely end up thinking you've hit the guy, and will see blood but when watching replay - you either never fired the gun or you've never hit the other player.

Sound is insanely confusing and more often than not makes no sense - because its seemingly coming from a random direction.

And lets not forget the stupid crates. Bluehole is bent on selling you crates. You thought EA was crate-obsessed? You're wrong - Bluehole is the new king of crate peddling - to a point where is an entire economy around it now (primarily from China) full of cheaters who only play to win the games, get the points, buy the crates, and re-sell items on the market.

In conclusion I'd advise to wait for a AAA studios to make better versions of this game. It would suck if your first Battle Royale experience was as bad as PUB. Looking forward to DICE efforts.
  76. Aug 1, 2018
    I don't understand why pubg players are still kissing the devlopers' asses when the developers charged 30 dollars for an early access buggy mess, that seemed to focus more on selling crates than actually fixing and improving the game, then the developers had the guts to call the game "officially released" when it was still an awful buggy mess. On top of that, the developers basically triedI don't understand why pubg players are still kissing the devlopers' asses when the developers charged 30 dollars for an early access buggy mess, that seemed to focus more on selling crates than actually fixing and improving the game, then the developers had the guts to call the game "officially released" when it was still an awful buggy mess. On top of that, the developers basically tried to claim the Battle Royale genre as their own idea, and tried to sue Epic Games for making a battle royale game. They are disgusting excuses for game developers and need to be run out of business. Expand
  77. Jul 5, 2018
    Cheaters, monotony, some bugs and lots of crashes - these things are the main content of this game. It's absolute boredom to play it alone/solo. It's quite fun to play in squad but only for a limited time. Eventually, it's starts to get boring. You get no rewards for playing this game, except loot crates and most of them requires a key to be opened so pretty much no rewards at all. ICheaters, monotony, some bugs and lots of crashes - these things are the main content of this game. It's absolute boredom to play it alone/solo. It's quite fun to play in squad but only for a limited time. Eventually, it's starts to get boring. You get no rewards for playing this game, except loot crates and most of them requires a key to be opened so pretty much no rewards at all. I honestly can't understand why ppl so obsessed with this game. And also there's so little variety in this game - only maps (3rd map coming soon), developers haven't added new weapons in game, but the main thing that is worst about this game is hackers/cheaters - constant wall-hacking, auto-aim etc. Expand
  78. Mar 5, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game reminds me of Arma series, like DayZ which is bad game (mod). Can't say PUBG is any better because it just looks like DayZ, the game looks bad and i dont understand the hype around these **** games ever.

I havent played the game but i hate when people are mislead to buy games that is only a multiplayer and has 1 map and time limit and is spinoff amonst many others, easy way for youtubers to make easy money off of funny videos from PUBG but it's bad marketing for the other gamers out there.
  79. Mar 20, 2018
    Overhyped lootbox BS. While the core mechanic is fun, it gets old fast. There are only like 3 maps. The loot box system is designed in a way for you to accidentally click on the box where you need a key for. It isn't really highlighted and it also doesn't tell you that it will cost real money. Scummy business practice. Never buying a game from blue a**hole again! No need to support thisOverhyped lootbox BS. While the core mechanic is fun, it gets old fast. There are only like 3 maps. The loot box system is designed in a way for you to accidentally click on the box where you need a key for. It isn't really highlighted and it also doesn't tell you that it will cost real money. Scummy business practice. Never buying a game from blue a**hole again! No need to support this practice. Oh yeah and don't expect the game to work smoothly. You got your horrific lag when there are many people at one location and you got general connection issues resulting in a batch of players losing connection. I am basically expecting with a 50% chance that my first game I will have to restart the game because it freezes me with a black screen. No, it's not my PC. I don't have that with any other game. After restarting it wants to reconnect me with the running game, only for me to be stuck AGAIN on the loading screen. Just watch how many AFK dudes get pushed out at the end of the flight path of the plane! Half of my squad matches the team isn't even full! With 100 players you can't distribute them somewhat evenly!? Wth? Oh yeah, and you got your teamkillers, toxic people and cheaters too. In case you want that in a game. Enjoy!

Edit:
    2 maps actually. lol.

Even worse! It wasn't a misclick. They actively give you lootboxes for which you need a (paid) key. So you have to spent money after paying full price for what has to be the ugliest fashion collection mankind ever created. Urgh. Don't buy butthole! Greedy af.
  80. Apr 8, 2018
    1 - Manage the hackers or BLOCK CHINA REGION!

2 - STOP putting more and more useless crap in the game, and making new (bad) maps before you fix IMPORTANT stuff!

3- PLEASE!
  81. Jul 11, 2018
    It used to be a good game but not now. It's now full of micro transactions, servers are bad and I myself feel the lack of MMR. Also with 1070, sometimes the frame rate drops to 50. I do not recommend you to buy this game now. Maybe they fix it later.
  82. Oct 2, 2018
    Honestly I don't know where to start. This game was a absolute masterpiece when it was released. I had so so much fun with it. After March of 2018 however that's when this game started to begin it's own inevitable death. With the combination of hackers and micro transactions to obtain more unique gear(thank god not weapons) made this game even more frustrating than before. I do notHonestly I don't know where to start. This game was a absolute masterpiece when it was released. I had so so much fun with it. After March of 2018 however that's when this game started to begin it's own inevitable death. With the combination of hackers and micro transactions to obtain more unique gear(thank god not weapons) made this game even more frustrating than before. I do not recommend this game in its current state. Maybe soon the developers will open their eyes and realize what they've done to a once great game. Expand
  83. Jun 27, 2019
    What "PUBG" stands for is below:
    Plagues the players with tons of Chinese and hackers
    Unoptimized as hell even "decent" rigs can never keep up Ballsuck teamers and team-killers everywhere to ruin your fun Garbage, the total garbage nobody should even look at The devs are all brain-dead, money-bagging, fraudulent scammers. They have no idea about making the game better or "FIXED",
    What "PUBG" stands for is below:
    Plagues the players with tons of Chinese and hackers
    Unoptimized as hell even "decent" rigs can never keep up
    Ballsuck teamers and team-killers everywhere to ruin your fun
    Garbage, the total garbage nobody should even look at

The devs are all brain-dead, money-bagging, fraudulent scammers. They have no idea about making the game better or "FIXED", they won't do something with infesting cheats, but all they do is money milking. With no doubt, it is the worst game ever, the most toxic cancer in the entire gaming industry. We can never see why that ****ness still exists, while there are quite a lot of BR followers which are definitely better than that. All we need is the DEATH of the game and the bodies of the entire dev team, including that PlayerUnknown guy.
  84. Mar 17, 2019
    i play this game when come out and now on 2019 still remain garbage game.

after years and all the money they have earn they dont invest they money for made better this game. Game crash Fps unstable desync of the servers missing shooting bullets missing hit reg dying behind walls Poor variety of content they add veicles or guns or mods on 2 years And remember this game is made
    i play this game when come out and now on 2019 still remain garbage game.

Game crash
    Fps unstable
    Poor variety of content they add veicles or guns or mods on 2 years

And remember this game is made from korean company have work for mobile games and 0 experience for pc gaming.
  85. Mar 16, 2019
    0 out of 10! There is no optimization, there are a lot of cheaters, but playing is pretty boring. Absolutely not deserved popularity and the worst waste of money.
  86. Dec 25, 2017
    The concept of the game is fantastic. The reality of the concept is inefficient to say the least. Gameplay is very mundane. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. This is the cycle of PUBG gameplay. The game is highly based on chance or luck when it comes to weapon spawns. Also other players have the upper hand if they are able to get situated a few seconds ahead of someone else. This is aThe concept of the game is fantastic. The reality of the concept is inefficient to say the least. Gameplay is very mundane. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. This is the cycle of PUBG gameplay. The game is highly based on chance or luck when it comes to weapon spawns. Also other players have the upper hand if they are able to get situated a few seconds ahead of someone else. This is a game of chance and quick initiation in the gaming environment. What a horrible mess which lacks any creativity! I had high hopes for the game but ended up being severally disappointed.

This game is made for those who want to play in an environment with few deciding factors in one's success or failure. Master the few variables that need to be mastered along with a decent amount of luck to start off with and you would do fine. That is if you like that kind of style of gaming. There is no viable reward system, so if you are looking for upgrades through kills or leveling up, you will be disappointed. Gameplay can be very, very slow. It can be filled with running from house to house in search of better gear, driving or running long distances without ever seeing someone until the end when the circle gets smaller.

Probably one of the worst shooter games I have ever played in my entire life. Lacks creativity, content, proper skillful gameplay. You want to play a game made for stupid people? Buy this. You will lose a few extra hundred thousand brain cells in the process.
  87. Dec 22, 2017
    Have you ever wanted to play a game that has all the problems of an early access game with it no longer being an early access game?

LOOK NO FURTHER THAN THIS!
  88. Dec 22, 2017
    Unplayable **** Afte release 1.0 all game in desync & lags. What developers do it new UI. Great job.
  89. Jan 21, 2018
    PUBG is an overhyped, unfinished beta like JOKE of a game. I've been playing this for a while : shooting empty my magazines on other players and still getting killed by them. Also : the controls of this game are a DISASTER. It seems that they hired a lot of people to get good reviews, because it's really a worthless POS. But heh, if you like running around for 20-30 min, and then gettingPUBG is an overhyped, unfinished beta like JOKE of a game. I've been playing this for a while : shooting empty my magazines on other players and still getting killed by them. Also : the controls of this game are a DISASTER. It seems that they hired a lot of people to get good reviews, because it's really a worthless POS. But heh, if you like running around for 20-30 min, and then getting shot by a sniper or shoot your mag empty on someone who is gonna kill you regardless how many times you shoot him, the this is your game. MY ADVISE : ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP !
    There should be a law against crap like this, they only hype for the money,
  90. Dec 21, 2017
    Awfully broken game. Don't trust the critics. Game critics obviously have a sponsorship with them. They are too scared to say anything real. Don't buy this piece of **** game.
  91. Dec 22, 2017
    Don't trust any of the "critics", They all were very high when they wrote their reviews
  92. Dec 23, 2017
    This game attracts the same people that play Call of Duty so see PUBG as an Island that keeps those players out of our good games and keeps them out of our vision. I'm grateful for that. As for the game; the score should tell you everything you need to know; it's a giant pile of crap making horrible Western devs rich.
  93. Dec 25, 2017
    It's a shame that such a fun concept landed in the hands of what must be the worst developer team for FPS games of the 21st century. This rotten, lag fest is barely functional, despite being in alpha for ages and having incredible amounts of money thrown at it. version 1.0 is somehow less stable than its own test servers were 2 weeks before during alpha, and it was never stable then.It's a shame that such a fun concept landed in the hands of what must be the worst developer team for FPS games of the 21st century. This rotten, lag fest is barely functional, despite being in alpha for ages and having incredible amounts of money thrown at it. version 1.0 is somehow less stable than its own test servers were 2 weeks before during alpha, and it was never stable then.

If you're lucky enough that the game actually loads (or the menu for that matter), you will spend the first 10 minutes rubber banding around so badly that you might as well be playing on a 56k dial up modem. If you somehow survive to where the 16 tick rate server starts to recover, a hacker will find and kill you instantly, possibly through a wall.

How is it acceptable that a competitive FPS game has so many bugs, glitches, poor servers and hackers? But the critics say it's wonderful - WTF?

Don't waste your money on this garbage, if you must burn ~$30 go buy a brick and smash your head repeatedly, it's more fun.
  94. Dec 22, 2017
    This game is straight up salty garbage.

People are going nuts over the fact its 'come out of early access' but really it hasn't. It still runs like early access, it still looks like early access and it still crashes like early access.

Avoid this ****
  95. Dec 21, 2017
    Después de 406 horas jugadas, me banean el juego por la cara, no me dicen el porque y se tiran la pelota unos a otros, y el juego a cambio lleno de tramposos, mientras a uno lo banean porque sí y ya está. Aparte de eso el rendimiento del juego es una basura, el concepto del juego está bien implantado pero dejan mucho que desear tanto el rendimiento, como el trato, banean a usuarios asíDespués de 406 horas jugadas, me banean el juego por la cara, no me dicen el porque y se tiran la pelota unos a otros, y el juego a cambio lleno de tramposos, mientras a uno lo banean porque sí y ya está. Aparte de eso el rendimiento del juego es una basura, el concepto del juego está bien implantado pero dejan mucho que desear tanto el rendimiento, como el trato, banean a usuarios así como así...... muy decepcionado, si no me quitan el ban, no pienso pagar por otra copia. Expand
  96. Dec 21, 2017
    I want to like this game. I can't. I log in and die due to lag and more lag and more lag. No other game I play has lag online like this at all. Unplayable. Then I also hate the circle that gets smaller. It happens too fast and it's impossible to find a decent weapon before being killed. I don't see why people like this game at all? It really sucks. I would rather play Day Z or TeamI want to like this game. I can't. I log in and die due to lag and more lag and more lag. No other game I play has lag online like this at all. Unplayable. Then I also hate the circle that gets smaller. It happens too fast and it's impossible to find a decent weapon before being killed. I don't see why people like this game at all? It really sucks. I would rather play Day Z or Team Fortress 2 any day. Most over rated game of 2017 by far. Expand
  97. Jan 3, 2018
    on paper this game is good... the reality is if you want to die from an heart attack because you were looting a building and opened a bathroom door to then find a guy camping in the bath and shotgun you and scare the **** out of you then this is the game for you and also walking simulator 2017
  98. Jan 16, 2018
    It's quite a good game. However, operational unreliability is destroying all of its merits.
    This game will eventually fail because of cheater.
  99. Jan 21, 2018
    Game would be great if it didn't have so many server issues. Constant rubber-band, especially early into matches, frame-rate drop on the new maps. It just ruins the experience of what could otherwise have been a great game.
  100. Jan 23, 2018
    Waste of time and money. Non stop lagging servers and it's full of cheating people taking advantage of third party software like zero recoil macros.
    Great idea worked out completely below average. Even an indy developer would be ashamed of such a poorly developed product.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 46 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 24, 2018
    The whole madness around PUBG is well-deserved. This is the best possible praise for this great battle-royale-genre shooter. What a pity there are so many bugs, mad vehicle physics and occasional cheaters, but it bothers you only for a while. When you frantically get into the hectic, slightly frightening struggle for life and death you’ll forget anything else.
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 14, 2018
    PUBG’s version 1.0 not only brings a new map, but primarily introduces numerous crucial gameplay improvements to a game which was already hard to resist. [02/2018, p.28]
  3. games(TM)