7.1

1. Apr 3, 2016
    A space 4x game that will stay on my hard drive permanently. It presents the player with numerous meaningful choices, such that I'm scheming about my strategy in my current game at all times. The combat system gives the feeling of a real combined-arms experience. Planet specialization requires in-depth planning. I've played just about every space 4x ever made, and this is the best soA space 4x game that will stay on my hard drive permanently. It presents the player with numerous meaningful choices, such that I'm scheming about my strategy in my current game at all times. The combat system gives the feeling of a real combined-arms experience. Planet specialization requires in-depth planning. I've played just about every space 4x ever made, and this is the best so far. (The graphics aren't as beautiful as something like Endless Space, but the depth of the game systems more than make up for that.) Expand
  2. Apr 1, 2016
    Damn good 4x. After somehow so boring GC3 I had zero hopes for this one, but I was positively surprised!
    Game maybe not looks very polished, but hell it has a depth and 10x better than GC ship constructor.
  3. Mar 27, 2016
    While you might not see anything you haven't before this game does its best to take the best parts of the best games and pack them into one title, its not perfect but any fan of the genre should get more than a little enjoyment out of this gem of a game.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 9, 2016
    Like almost any 4x space strategy, hits the mark on some features (combat, some aspects of diplomacy), and misses on others (dull, uncommunicative races, rigid Spaceship Tetris). [May 2016]
  2. Apr 28, 2016
    Those who covet unique 4X factions and absorbing, atmospheric exploration should probably head elsewhere, but if you’re looking for logistical military exercises and satisfying galactic planning then Polaris Sector has you well covered.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Apr 21, 2016
    Ship designing demands a lot from the player. Empty shell of any ship, from tiny fighter to space fortress, has to be filled according to its future role in the fleet. Every square inch of space matters: if you manage to squeeze in an extra generator, you’ll be able put a more powerful gun into pylon. [Issue#208, p.74]