8.2

Buy Now
Buy on

1. May 8, 2017
    This game is so incredibly refreshing in an ocean of reptetive and redudant shooter clones and endless war game franchises this game dares to be different. Channeling obvious inspiration from classic games like system shock, dead space, half life 1 and 2, and the bioshock series, this game rewards creativity and those enjoy a challenging gameplay. The game does not baby you and manyThis game is so incredibly refreshing in an ocean of reptetive and redudant shooter clones and endless war game franchises this game dares to be different. Channeling obvious inspiration from classic games like system shock, dead space, half life 1 and 2, and the bioshock series, this game rewards creativity and those enjoy a challenging gameplay. The game does not baby you and many enemies are quite powerful. You feel incredibly rewarded whenever you upgrade your abilities and kit and this translates nicely into a multitude of branching upgrade paths.

TL:DR --> Its like half life, bioshock, and deadspace made a baby. I love it.
  2. May 6, 2017
    This review is based on the game after completing it with all the side-quests available, except two (as far as I know). I played it for around 25 in-game hours.

I'm one of those people who was heavily disappointed when Bethesda cancelled Prey 2 (2006's Prey's sequel, which I played and very much enjoyed). In a way, even if I wasn't one of them, I totally understood the people who started bashing and boycotting this new Prey game. But was the hate justified?

The short answer is no. Not at all. Based on my experience so far, I have to say this game is simply amazing in every possible way. The music is phenomenal, thanks to the talented Mick Gordon who also did the soundtrack for 2016's Doom and for Wolfenstein: The New Order.

But what is more important though is that the game is full of very smart and intelligent gameplay design ideas. It's more than obvious that the devs well thought out every little gameplay aspect and tweaked them to achieve perfection. This game has a very high production quality.

Also, I think I never saw a game before that so well utilized the enviroment such as this. In every single area I spent a very large amount of time to be able to discover everything, and it was a whole lot of fun. Prey mixes verticality and platforming very well with the usual, more horizontal gameplay.

And if I mentonied exploration: the exploration/discovery is fantastic, the game is very complex and deep in terms of world building and gameplay, in fact it's more complex in a way than most AAA games out there today. The story and the lore looks promising, and I like the visual design the artists went for.

The game clearly took inspiration from the best movies in the sci-fi genre (Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, or Ridley Scott's Alien). Other than that, it reminds me some of the best games I've played, such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Bioshock, Dishonored, and of course, it also has a very strong System Shock vibe. In fact, it could be called System Shock 3. It has a Dead Space feeling in a way too.

The good news won't end here. This game is perfectly optimized. I have a rig that is around the recommended specs, and I manage to hit 100FPS average at 1080p on the absolute highest settings (EVGA GTX970 FTW, 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM, i5-6500).

This game is a joy to play. It's very impressive that it managed to grab me this much under only one hour and never let me go till I finished it. In fact, I'm still not finished (even if I completed the story). I'm starting a second playthrough now and I'll try to get the remaining achievements.
    I definitely recommend checking out this game, it well worth the money!

If I have to say a con, it's a minor thing, but normal human-sized enemies will provide unpleasant difficulty spikes every time you face them as long as you don't get a shotgun. Fighting against them with the Glue Gun, Pistol, or Wrench is not easy, and they kill you in 3 hits on Normal difficulty. The easiest is to avoid them and/or try to throw explosives at them from a distance (red pipes).
  3. May 5, 2017
    - Runs very well
    - Well written
    - Gameplay is awesome
    - Atmosphere is top notch
    - Not the best graphics
    - Reminds me most of System Shock, with a bit of Bioshock, Half Life and Dead Space
  4. May 5, 2017
    Pros:
    1.Runs Very Good, Dosen't drop below 100 fps, So FAR
    2.Really like the Art-Style, has some nice Graphics and Advanced settings too 3. Strong story 4. Cool Abilities 5. Excellent level design, 10/10 6. Reminds me of Deus Ex, Bio shock, Dishonored, and a little bit of Half life, and that's a good thing 7. Is it WORTH the money, YES Things that will be fixed: 1.
    Pros:
    1.Runs Very Good, Dosen't drop below 100 fps, So FAR

2.Really like the Art-Style, has some nice Graphics and Advanced settings too

3. Strong story

4. Cool Abilities

5. Excellent level design, 10/10

7. Is it WORTH the money, YES

Things that will be fixed:
    1. Can't change FOV, in-game, but they will be adding a fov slider later on, for now you will have to go and edit the game.cfg file

Same with motion blur, to turn off go into game.cfg add this line r_MotionBlur = 0

If you change graphics settings in-game after that the file would be rewritten
  5. May 5, 2017
    fantastic game, very well optimized, getting around 90fps on Ultra settings at 4K,
    Great Story line, level up system.

Best played at Hard difficulty,
  6. May 5, 2017
    I spend all night running this game on my brand new Blade Core with a GTX 1080 Strix OC8 plopped inside. The game runs a rock steady 60FPS @ 1080 , QHD cuts it down to a very playable (and stable) 30-40FPS and finally 4K runs at a very surprisingly smooth 30FPS. This is all while the apparent bottleneck from my tiny (2017 razer blade stealth with Kaby lake, 16Mb ram) laptop is causing aI spend all night running this game on my brand new Blade Core with a GTX 1080 Strix OC8 plopped inside. The game runs a rock steady 60FPS @ 1080 , QHD cuts it down to a very playable (and stable) 30-40FPS and finally 4K runs at a very surprisingly smooth 30FPS. This is all while the apparent bottleneck from my tiny (2017 razer blade stealth with Kaby lake, 16Mb ram) laptop is causing a drop in FPS from what i would normally get with a 1080 in a desktop. Those numbers remained stable for the most part for the three + hours that i had a chance to run though last night.
    I have to say that i am very impressed with this game, without spoiling much I think any FPS fan of games like HL, FEAR, or even the newer Deus Ex's will find a lot to like in this game. The perks are really reminiscent of the of the latter but the sound, one of my favorite aspects of this game, really reminds me of the former. For what its worth, the variations in the perk system alone are enough to have me thinking that the Deus Ex Mankind divided team could have learned something from these guys. I was never a huge fan of Dishonored 2's art style but am happy to say that the Cry engine really pulls though here and give off an entirely different feel. That being said, this is not recognizable sequel to the previous Prey installations. The first two hours throw some very heavy, mind bending/reality checking things at you that may require another run to fully appreciate. Much like the first Prey, the emphasis is on forcing you to feel from the perspective of the character straight from the opening cinematic, which will give you varying feeling of daja vu depending on how far into the first hour your are. While the intro had me worried we were going down a very familiar path, the immediate left and right turns you make after fully erased any of those feelings. There are little chunks of great FPS games from the half-life-like sound of the test area malfunctioning, to the FEAR like weightiness of the preorder shotgun you get in your office; it all feels very well put together and best of all well balanced. Weapons (at least the GOO and shotty) have some fantastic animations and, so far, it seems as though the weapons are a bit on the lighter side when in relation to your enemy's. Speaking of the enemys, prepare to start doubting every damn item your looking to pick up. The name Mimic goes very far here. I wont go too far into this short review but long story short, using the GLOO gun and THEN the wrench makes it a much more effective combo since your effectively dealing with black GACK. I'm going to end this review here (unless someone requests that i continue) since i need to continue playing before i give it a final score. Up until this moment which is around the three hour mark, i will have to give this a 8.5/10 just for the fantastic game play. Any one doubting whether to get this game or not, please do yourself a favor and GET IT! Collapse
  7. May 6, 2017
    Someone's life must be rather sad if they have to post a 0 and talk about stuff that has nothing to do with the quality of the game. I really loved the cry baby reviews ..it didn't hold my hand and I died a lot...the rest of us have been waiting for games to do this approach again.
  8. May 5, 2017
    HL2+SS2+Bioshock+Doom3+Dishonored=Prey(2017).
    Prey (2017) is when you start to be afraid to go to a cup of coffee.
    Definitely the best FPS of 2017.
    GOTY.
  9. May 18, 2017
    I found the game very tedious. Either i had to crawl all the time at snail pace to avoid combat, becouse you can't tell if any object you see, won't change into monster, or endure fightig enemies, which constantly jump and teleport all around you. I didn't like either. Also, becouse i didn't found enemies interesting, i wasn't interested in the whole story behind them.

Graphically...

Graphically... well, the game lookes like x360 tittle with bumped up resolution - i play at 1440p. It wouldn't be a problem, if the game had superb gameplay. I liked the sound though, as it creates good atmosphere.
  10. May 16, 2017
    Cut to the chase. Prey is a bad fu**ing game. its boring, frustrating and very confusing at the same time. There are two sides of Bethesda Softworks in my eyes. There's the side I love, which will keep me playing for months or even years such as doom and fallout, and than there the disappointing side of Bethesda that I will play for a few hours and be done such as with Elder ScrollsCut to the chase. Prey is a bad fu**ing game. its boring, frustrating and very confusing at the same time. There are two sides of Bethesda Softworks in my eyes. There's the side I love, which will keep me playing for months or even years such as doom and fallout, and than there the disappointing side of Bethesda that I will play for a few hours and be done such as with Elder Scrolls Online. This game is neither of these. It is worst. I expected this game to be full of fun and complex puzzles like breath of the wild, and some of those breathtaking and satisfying kill streaks from doom, but all it is, is another pile of garbage. The only good thing about this game are the weapon customisation, which deserve some credit. But it gets old pretty fast and its not as good as fallout customisation. That's what I also expected from this game, but no way. it is also feels like another one of these COD disappointments with too much futuristic designs and settings. LEAVE THAT TO HALO. AND LEAVE THIS GAME ALONE!! And don't even get me started with all the bugs and crashes I and you will most likely face on the PC version, at least on console it is 'decently polished'. Expand
  11. May 8, 2017
    ITs borring,its repetitive,boring story, boring enemies, clunky weapons using( shotguns are terrible), short 10-15hrs ,no repetitive value,poor graphics and animations for todays standard.
  12. May 7, 2017
    There are less reviews than usual, the game isn't a garbage but isn't very good either.

Empty, soulless, no immersion. Worst: uninteresting enemies that are not enjoyable to fight in any way.
  13. Oct 3, 2020
    If you like Immersive Sims, PREY is a must-play. It quickly became my favorite game. The game world is interesting, the characters are interesting, the level design is fantastic. I loved every second of this game. PREY has at least three full play throughs in it because you can develop your character in different paths according to your playstyle. I can't get into it more because I wouldIf you like Immersive Sims, PREY is a must-play. It quickly became my favorite game. The game world is interesting, the characters are interesting, the level design is fantastic. I loved every second of this game. PREY has at least three full play throughs in it because you can develop your character in different paths according to your playstyle. I can't get into it more because I would spoil the experience for you.

Just play it. :)
  14. May 5, 2020
    If you like sci-fi and RPG games this is a must-play in my opinion. The story is great and the characters that are a part of it have a lot of depth and trustworthy human intentions. I have to point out that I liked very much that the game world does react to your actions almost perfectly which ties the gameplay and the story neatly together. When it comes to gameplay this is a game ofIf you like sci-fi and RPG games this is a must-play in my opinion. The story is great and the characters that are a part of it have a lot of depth and trustworthy human intentions. I have to point out that I liked very much that the game world does react to your actions almost perfectly which ties the gameplay and the story neatly together. When it comes to gameplay this is a game of options, there are often more than 2 ways to complete certain objectives depending on how you build your character. I would say that all of the 23 hours of playtime that it took me to finish it were very polished and I enjoyed them all but, considering I did all of the side missions it can feel short for someone. Luckily it has a great replayability. There is also a DLC called mooncrash witch may extend the playtime of the title. Expand
  15. Apr 5, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game! Challenging, innovative and very beautiful. The possibilities to solve puzzles in different ways is very interesting and exciting. Expand
  16. May 17, 2020
    34 hours spent passing the game

I'd like to say that this is one of the best Immersive sim. At each location you can turn the situation around differently. Incredible attention to details of game levels. Technically, the game is also beautifully made - beautiful graphics, a lot of fps, all you need to know. I don't want to write anything about the plot not to give spoilers, but the
    34 hours spent passing the game

I'd like to say that this is one of the best Immersive sim.

I don't want to write anything about the plot not to give spoilers, but the way it is presented, the way you can study the lor game - deserves special attention.
  17. Nov 5, 2021
    Pros:
    + amazing opening
    + amazing unscripted moments
    + creative use of prop hunt
    + environmental storytelling
    + weapon variety
    + platforming with gloo gun
    + attention to detail
    + diverse skill tree

Cons:
    - easy to abuse quick save/load
    - long loading times
    - inconsistent cancel button
  18. Dec 7, 2020
    I enjoyed Prey very much. It didn't hurt that it was the same name of my favorite novel, written by Michael Crichton. There are a great many similarities between the two as well, while still very foreign from one another. Prey had some very excellent aspects of the game, but I still felt that something was missing, though I still cannot put my finger on it. Regardless, I consider this aI enjoyed Prey very much. It didn't hurt that it was the same name of my favorite novel, written by Michael Crichton. There are a great many similarities between the two as well, while still very foreign from one another. Prey had some very excellent aspects of the game, but I still felt that something was missing, though I still cannot put my finger on it. Regardless, I consider this a must play for a unique gameplay with an excellent story.

While several of the achievements are based on replay, I found myself feeling forced to push through the second and third, and the fourth time was almost painful. While I thoroughly enjoyed the game to start, I found that it was taxing to play again back to back. I would say that this is like a movie you would not want to miss and very glad you watched in the theater, most likely even buy it and own in your personal collection. However, you would most likely never watch it again.
  19. Dec 24, 2020
    Потрясающий блокбастер Prey, крутой сюжет, космическое разнообразие действий, крафт элемент бомбезный, и атмосфера. Главное атмосфера! Все на все 10 из 10. Топ 5 моих любимых игр.
  20. Jan 23, 2022
  21. Feb 7, 2022
    There's nothing like starting a new job to have your whole world come crashing down within hours. The plot is undoubtedly Prey's strong point. Learning about the history of the Talos I crew is really interesting. Apart from that, surviving here (even on the normal difficulty level) is not at all easy and requires even at some points a judicious management of resources. You feel anxious atThere's nothing like starting a new job to have your whole world come crashing down within hours. The plot is undoubtedly Prey's strong point. Learning about the history of the Talos I crew is really interesting. Apart from that, surviving here (even on the normal difficulty level) is not at all easy and requires even at some points a judicious management of resources. You feel anxious at every step, because you never know where the enemy is hiding. The whole station looks insanely good and makes me want to explore all its nooks and crannies and learn all its secrets. Prey is a really exciting, absorbing, suspenseful and well-written space story about human greed and the desire to become gods. Expand
  22. Jan 19, 2018
    Prey is a game very much in the vein of System Shock and Bioshock. You play as Morgan Yu – or so everyone in the game tells you. You have amnesia, it seems, and a mysterious man named January has helped you escape while aliens run amok on Talos I, the space station you’re on. But this isn’t altruism – January wants something from Morgan. You see, everything has gone sideways; the aliensPrey is a game very much in the vein of System Shock and Bioshock. You play as Morgan Yu – or so everyone in the game tells you. You have amnesia, it seems, and a mysterious man named January has helped you escape while aliens run amok on Talos I, the space station you’re on. But this isn’t altruism – January wants something from Morgan. You see, everything has gone sideways; the aliens that were being experimented on have escaped from containment and are doing horrible things to the humans on board the space station. If even one of the aliens from the ship make it to earth, it is game over. There’s really only one solution – blow everything up, and make sure nothing gets off the ship.

Are such extreme measures justified?

Can January be trusted?

And given that the world has very advanced simulations, and chips that can be implanted into your brain to give you new skills (and removed to take away your memories), can *anything* you see really be trusted?

Throughout the game, this is tested repeatedly, as you are beseeched by survivors to rescue them, have mind-controlled humans thrown at you in suicidal attacks by aliens, and your big brother – Alex Yu – asks you to listen to him and trust him, despite the horrible experiments which have been done on Talos I. And if you pay close attention to various aspects of the environment and game design, you might get even more suspicious, doubly so when you start reading about just what some of the experiments were. The many hints dropped throughout the game about the true nature of what was going on worked really well, and kept me nice and paranoid all the way through to the end.

Prey, like many games, has a morality system, but unlike many games, the game actually hides it; rather than the morality system being anything obvious, any sort of meter, it is dictated by your actions over the course of the game. You are constantly exposed to contradictory directives – you yourself, in a memory gambit, left behind multiple conflicting goals for yourself, and you have to choose which of them are right. Worse, when dealing with people who were involved in various experiments – or who are prisoners who were sentenced to death for terrible crimes – should you save them, or is it right to leave them to die, or even kill them yourself? Is January’s callous action – that blowing the whole place up is the only way to be sure – a sign of his sociopathy, or is he encouraging you to do the right thing?

The core gameplay itself consists of exploring the space station while using a variety of weapons to combat both the aliens and a few robots corrupted by their control. Morgan starts out with the classic wrench, but over the course of the game finds a small but versatile armory – a pistol, a shotgun, a long-ranged beam weapon which can cause aliens to explode when they’re fried with it enough, a zappy stun gun that is great for stunning things and damaging electronics, a gun that shoots a powerful industrial adhesive which can be used for both messing with enemies as well as shutting down environmental threats and scaling walls, and a handful of creative grenades that, rather than simply exploiding, do things like recycle all nearby material into base components or send out an EMP shock wave or attract enemies. There is even a nerf gun in the game which seems useless at first but which can be used to push buttons from a distance or blow up mines.

This is a game about using what you have to your advantage, and most situations can be approached in a variety of ways. You can sneak past enemies, or sneak up on them and attack them, or use the station’s turrets to supplement your firepower. You can acquire alien psionic abilities, but at the potential cost of your humanity, and automated defense systems which are designed to protect against aliens will also start protecting against *you*. You can spend the materials you manage to scrounge up on making more ammo, or on improving your weapons, or on crafting neuromods to enhance your base talents. And even navigating the environment often allows multiple routes – hacking your way through doors, finding keycards or key codes, finding a secret route into the room through the crawlspaces, using the typhon mimic ability to turn into a coffee cup and roll in through a gap, break a hole in the glass window and shoot your nerf gun in across the room to punch a button to open the door on the other side…

Many, many parts of the game can thus be approached in a wide variety of ways, giving the player a broad spectrum of potential axes of approach. Better still, trying to do the same thing over and over again is likely to result in you running short on a necessary resource – simply running around shooting everything will rapidly deplete your ammo, forcing you to either use a different weapon, or rely on other abilities to see your way through.

Recommended if you like Bioshock.
  23. Feb 13, 2019
    Roughly 2/3rds through the game, if I had to guess.

+ As usual for Arkane, utterly incredible art direction + One of the most atmospheric, immersive games I've ever played - seriously! + Zero-gravity and spacewalk sections are particularly nerve-wracking, in a good way + Really, REALLY good writing and voice acting, with very few exceptions + Pervasively mysterious and intriguing
    Roughly 2/3rds through the game, if I had to guess.

+ As usual for Arkane, utterly incredible art direction
    + One of the most atmospheric, immersive games I've ever played - seriously!
    + Really, REALLY good writing and voice acting, with very few exceptions
    + Pervasively mysterious and intriguing main story - few plot holes, but many big questions
    + Deep, intricate upgrade and crafting systems
    + You HAVE to find creative solutions to succeed - run-and-gun is rarely viable

- Not the best performance, graphics-wise, despite few high-res textures
    - graphics are suspiciously jaggy at all times, even with high AA/filtering
    - back to needing creative solutions - certain achievements like "no crew deaths" are near-impossible without meticulous planning, and near-guaranteed to fail due to unforgiving enemy AI
    - Derpy, stiff NPC facial animations don't do justice to the game's better-than-usual voice acting

I was initially turned off from this game due to being a big fan of the original Prey - I was worried Bethesda was just using the name as a cash-grab (which they kind of did). Title aside, this is an utterly fantastic "shock" style game, set in an intricately designed semi-open space station that you slowly unlock as you go. It's meant to be a spiritual successor to System Shock, and it wildly succeeds at this.
  24. Jun 1, 2022
    Alien Isolation +
    Dead Space =
    _____________
    PREY

Solid and underrated game.
  25. Aug 1, 2019
    Arkane Studios has defined themselves as the successor of the "immersive sim" genre (basically old Looking Glass Studios games plus the original Deus Ex). In fact Arkane's Dishonored series, and now Prey, are the ONLY modern games that try to create that kind of experience - aside from Ubisoft Montreal's Deus Ex prequels. That means I can play them using a controller, which is a big dealArkane Studios has defined themselves as the successor of the "immersive sim" genre (basically old Looking Glass Studios games plus the original Deus Ex). In fact Arkane's Dishonored series, and now Prey, are the ONLY modern games that try to create that kind of experience - aside from Ubisoft Montreal's Deus Ex prequels. That means I can play them using a controller, which is a big deal for me personally due to ergonomic issues.
    I also don't want to describe the game's premise and setting too much. In the event that you're reading reviews without learning much about the game so far, I think the experience would be even better if you go in knowing as little as possible.
    But if you don't know what this niche genre is all about, it's basically a FPS with RPG elements and a heavy focus on exploration and player freedom. For example if there's a locked door, you can almost always bypass it in two or more of the following ways: 1) find the keycard, 2) find the code, 3) hack it, 4) find an alternate entrance, and more.
    Stealth is very important because enemies can kill you fast, and guns need to be upgraded before they feel nearly as effective as guns in a typical shooter (and even then, it's not the same - it's not a shooter). A lot of the game is optional, and the story is told mostly through bits of lore from notes, emails, and audio logs. It has skill trees and inventory tetris.
    There's a lot of freedom in how you play. If you go straight through the main story, it could be pretty short. For reference, I play these games by exploring meticulously, collecting all the items, and killing all the enemies, and my current playtime is 30 hours with an estimated 15 or so remaining (and this is not including the DLC).
    Criticisms of the game so far:
    -Hard mode as well as the optional 'Survival' mechanics are too easy for me
    -Because there's so much freedom, many items of loot are found in multiple places, which means players who explore 100% will find redundant equipment
    -The game crashed once
    In summary my opinion is it's a sweet-ass game, and there's basically nothing else like it.
  26. ket
    Jan 1, 2022
    One of the best games I've played in a long time and it is absolutely criminal there are no plans for a sequel to tie up the story that has been started here. Any game that is as good as Prey that has the marketing for it handled competently (which Prey didn't have) would do gangbusters, the story is superb, the gameplay is superb, the ending begs a sequel to tie up the story, the onlyOne of the best games I've played in a long time and it is absolutely criminal there are no plans for a sequel to tie up the story that has been started here. Any game that is as good as Prey that has the marketing for it handled competently (which Prey didn't have) would do gangbusters, the story is superb, the gameplay is superb, the ending begs a sequel to tie up the story, the only downside is that the optional tasks in the game could have done with more bug testing as some tasks are rather buggy to the point of not being able to complete them but fortunately not too many of them are like this. The best way to describe Prey is that it is a mix of Bioshock meets Alien Isolation meets Mass Effect and all of these components mesh, for the most part, wonderfully.

If you haven't played Prey, play it.
  27. Sep 10, 2019
    Prey is essentially what I wanted System Shock 3 to be: a sprawling, thought-provoking, non-linear game that rewards player curiosity and ingenuity. When I arrived at the ending, all I wanted to do was start over again at the beginning, eager to see how the opening levels could unfold differently if I made different choices. It is that rare game that gets better the more I play it.Prey is essentially what I wanted System Shock 3 to be: a sprawling, thought-provoking, non-linear game that rewards player curiosity and ingenuity. When I arrived at the ending, all I wanted to do was start over again at the beginning, eager to see how the opening levels could unfold differently if I made different choices. It is that rare game that gets better the more I play it. It's best played with a mouse and keyboard and installed on an SSD (to alleviate the loading times. Prey goes beyond what initially appears to be Dishonored-in-space and proves Arkane Studios is a developer in a league of their own, at the top of their game. Expand
  28. Apr 3, 2021
    I first played this game for about an hour when it came out, for some reason it dident really catch my attention and i did not play it again for many years... but man am i glad i gave it a second chance

This game is a gem! Interesting story and setting, excellent gameplay and both known and unique game mechanics Good sound,music and atmhosphere. Took me around 23 hours to finnish and

This game is a gem!
    Good sound,music and atmhosphere.
    Took me around 23 hours to finnish and it felt not to short or to long

Gameplaywise its a mix of bioshock and deadspace with a splash of Halflife

The game is not perfect but it is pretty close

Enemies are abit uninteresting and not very varied, but its kinda linked to the story
    The UI can be abit clunky and it took me a while to figure out to quickmap weapons etc
    The graphics and artstyle are by no means bad but might be a slight bit cartoonish, where i would have liked more of a deadspace or Re2 Remake astetic and look.
    And i would have like a little longer ending cutscene that explained abit more about what happend after

But these are minor complaints, i fellt like i was back in the good old days of gaming where i just couldent wait to get home to play more
  29. Nov 24, 2020
    This is a fantastically underrated game that emphasizes player choice. It that sense, it's the closest thing we have to a Deus Ex or System Shock 2 in the modern era. It's an RPG at its heart - don't expect to go in guns blazing and winning the gunfights unless you've maxed out the weapon skill tree. It's a thinking man's game.

The game features some of the world building I've ever

The game features some of the world building I've ever seen. There snippets of information spread here and there and its up to you to piece the puzzle together. This is one of those games where getting spoiled really ruins a large part of the experience, since the joy and thrill of finding out what's REALLY going on is what keeps this game going. So stop reading reviews, and go get this game. It can probably be had for less than 10 bucks these days.
  30. Nov 16, 2017
    Atmospheric and a little scary at times, with clever enemies and a space station at your disposal to explore. Player character is fully upgradeable along with the guns, something that is really needed on the later levels of the game. Clever design and realistic zero gravity space walks, along with a very good story, leave you wanting for more. I hope no.2 is on the making.
  31. Dec 30, 2017
    Great game! I was quite reluctant to purchase it first because of some reviewers saying "woooo, boring, wooo, enemies are repetitive, wooo, AI is dumb", so it defeinitely took some time to get my hands on this. And I can say - the game is GREAT! Immersion is great, compassion, moral questions are great (hello, ADVENT shuttle), graphics are great, the whole gameplay is great. I am a trueGreat game! I was quite reluctant to purchase it first because of some reviewers saying "woooo, boring, wooo, enemies are repetitive, wooo, AI is dumb", so it defeinitely took some time to get my hands on this. And I can say - the game is GREAT! Immersion is great, compassion, moral questions are great (hello, ADVENT shuttle), graphics are great, the whole gameplay is great. I am a true System Shock 2 fan and this one goes pretty close or beyond.
    PROs:
    - Graphics;
    - Immersion;
    - Setting;
    - Twisted and braincrackins storyline;
    - System Shock 2 descendant;
    CONs:
    - Skill tree could be bigger and more developed. If you do not go with Typhon powers, closer to the end of game you literally put points into skills you not actually need, just to put them somewhere.
    - Longer! Harder! I want it LOOONGER and HAAARDER! There is some truth behind the fact that closer to the end you start walking/jumping/gliding as semi-god with little menace from Typhon even on impossible (I was playing on IMP).
  32. Jan 15, 2022
    I've been just BURNING through games recently! Went back and re-played this game for whatever reason! I loved it more this second play through! I want (need) Arkane to do more of this! Deathloop was pretty damn solid but GOD! Please Please Please more of this !
  33. Nov 18, 2019
    One of the best games for me. If you like Deus Ex and Bioshock then this one is for you. Great story, nice graphics, awesome sound and fantastic gameplay.
  34. Mar 8, 2019
    Great game! Spiritual sequel to the bioshock and system shock franchises, it's got a good story ,good ,solid gameplay and very fun overall!
  35. Mar 19, 2021
    Great game! Reminds a lot of Bioshock 1, which is another all time favorite of mine.
  36. Jun 11, 2022
    Great immersive atmospheric game.
    Combat is a bit meh but that motivates you to look for more stealthy ways instead of just running and gunning.
  37. Jun 1, 2018
    Bullet points:
    Extremely immersive atmosphere.
    Shocking revelation moments in game Gorgeous graphics Intelligent and deadly enemy Satisfying sidequests Promising Ending While playing this game I felt the same intellectual awe I felt while playing Half Life 2. The ways you can use the Gloo cannon are reminiscent to Half Life 2's Gravity Gun. The game is not a copy of Half Life 2
    Bullet points:
    Extremely immersive atmosphere.
    Shocking revelation moments in game
    Gorgeous graphics
    Intelligent and deadly enemy
    Satisfying sidequests
    Promising Ending

While playing this game I felt the same intellectual awe I felt while playing Half Life 2. The ways you can use the Gloo cannon are reminiscent to Half Life 2's Gravity Gun. The game is not a copy of Half Life 2 but has the similar intelligent atmosphere.

This game is absolutely not to be missed and you should take your time and enjoy all the side missions and secrets the game has to offer. These games remind us that singleplayer story missions are much more valuable and memorable than online matches.

PS: Not to spoil anything, but when you are done playing the game you will realize it was your character analysis.
  38. Nov 13, 2020
    I've recently bought a nice new gaming laptop and decided to pick this up on PC on the cheap for a replay. This game is great and in my eyes it's completely underrated by the gaming media. If you like Deus Ex type games and the Dishonoured series. This is right up your alley.

This game has: Cool original design and story, Rpg elements, expansive weapon and equipment options and upgrades, and just a completely forboding atmosphere were you are constantly on edge. Multiple optoins on how to solve problems and build your character. It's much better than Deus Ex Human revolution and Mankind Divided and on part with Dishonoured 1 and 2.

Graphics on the PC can be top notch depending on your rig, but the game runs smoothly and is optimized for pc.

You can't go wrong here, especially now that the game is discounted. Pick it up and you won't be disappointed.
  39. Nov 28, 2017
    I compare Prey to Bioshock, but a lot of people are saying it's basically System Shock 2. Your melee weapon is a wrench, the two conventional guns are a pistol and a shotgun, the gimick gun is the gloo gun. There are also a lot of psychic abilities, but I can't comment on those because I've never invested the points to learn them. I have 44 hours logged on Steam and I've never used psiI compare Prey to Bioshock, but a lot of people are saying it's basically System Shock 2. Your melee weapon is a wrench, the two conventional guns are a pistol and a shotgun, the gimick gun is the gloo gun. There are also a lot of psychic abilities, but I can't comment on those because I've never invested the points to learn them. I have 44 hours logged on Steam and I've never used psi powers. That's how much replay value the game has.

Story:
    I don't want to give away any of the story, but I think the start of the game is amazing. I was expecting the game to start like Half-Life, but even the start of the game is a twist. The plot reminds me of Total Recall because I am playing as someone who doesn't remember anything due to deliberate actions causing memory loss, but my character is central to what is going on. It's not entirely clear if I'm the good guy or the bad guy.

Difficulty:
    The difficulty in this game is very well done. The "easy" setting really is easy. You'll end up carrying hundreds of food items, dozens of med kits, and dozens of suit repair kits. The easy setting is great for learning how the game works. The "normal" setting is at least 10x more difficult than easy. It's very common to go from full life to dead in 5 seconds when playing on normal difficulty, but it's possible to load the game and get through that section without taking any damage. The game's difficulty is down to strategy and planning rather than frustrating BS like enemies that take a million bullets and can't be avoided. The other cool thing about the difficulty is that normal difficulty is very different from easy difficulty in terms of mechanics. On easy, I don't think the weavers would inflict fear. On normal, they do inflict fear. Normal difficulty seems to have more enemies that respawn faster, so I have a lot more spare parts on normal difficulty than I did on easy difficulty (enemies often drop spare parts). Having enemies that are 10x stronger on normal difficulty also means that I can't initially dump a bunch of points into things like hacking or lifting heavy objects. Putting all of my points into combat effectiveness means I can't just hack my way through the entire game and force heavy doors open.

Loading/Saving:
    The game's loading and saving is perfect.Quick save is instant, and loading takes maybe 10 seconds. If you screw something up, you can always hit F9 and try it again using a different strategy. I mention this because loading is a problem I've encountered in a few games. Doom 2016 doesn't have manual saving, so dying could cause me to lose a ton of progress, and that's the only reason I give Doom an 8 instead of a 10. Alien: Isolation was just as bad. I understand that saving less often makes the game more tense and scary, but it also makes me hate the game a lot more. Prey can seem unfairly difficult at times, but at least I can load the game and try again. The game also keeps a history of saves, so I can go back further if the last save was in a bad spot or if I missed something.
  40. Dec 1, 2020
    Just brilliant! Good graphics (except the characters), fantastic story, game mechanics, enemies ... no bugs...
    One of the best openings I have ever seen in a game.
    If you are planing to play Prey, the game shines on a higher difficulty
  41. Dec 18, 2020
    Game one in a million. Sadly the very same people who are whining about micro transactions, generic and unimaginative games never bought this game. While demonizing Bethesda for making awful F86 they showed Bethesda’s executives, responsible for F86 and Prey, that no one’s buying fine crafted single player games like Prey. So it’s not the greedy corporations to blame — it’s you, The Gamer.Game one in a million. Sadly the very same people who are whining about micro transactions, generic and unimaginative games never bought this game. While demonizing Bethesda for making awful F86 they showed Bethesda’s executives, responsible for F86 and Prey, that no one’s buying fine crafted single player games like Prey. So it’s not the greedy corporations to blame — it’s you, The Gamer.
  42. May 31, 2019
    This is definitely one of the best games from the last 2-3 years. I ignored it for a long time since I am usually not a big fan of survival games, let alone survival horror games. But, I gave it a shot after some reviewers convinced me...plus I was bored and had nothing else to play. Boy, this game was a treat. I enjoyed the sci-fi theme, so the environment quickly lured me in. Once there,This is definitely one of the best games from the last 2-3 years. I ignored it for a long time since I am usually not a big fan of survival games, let alone survival horror games. But, I gave it a shot after some reviewers convinced me...plus I was bored and had nothing else to play. Boy, this game was a treat. I enjoyed the sci-fi theme, so the environment quickly lured me in. Once there, I got hooked with the crafting system and really enjoyed building up my character to be more strategically useful in certain scenarios. The character built feels less generic and more of a mix between deus ex and dishonored. Mechanics - spot on. The immersion that the characters and the fantastic space station create is something other game devs should take note of. Its very rare these days to see how your actions can noticeably create a sense of progression in your immediate environment. I truly felt my character belonged there, and with a cohesive effort from the others, tried to prevent or encourage a particular outcome.

This is a must have, even if you don't like survival horror. Apart from the 2-3 jump scares(could be different for you), there is nothing scary about this game. Just an absolute joy from start to finish.

Get it!
  43. Jun 12, 2020
    The literally best game what i ever played! Its was my best experience from Arcane studio.I waiting sequel so much!
  44. Jun 21, 2020
    Es, para mi, un título 98% perfecto. La historia está llena de giros inesperados, los enfrentamientos con enemigos son entretenidos y desafiantes, los escenarios tienen varias salidas o formas de resolver. Con un gran puñado de habilidades y mejoras del personaje, decisiones, y una notoria rejugabilidad.
    Sencillamente hermoso. Pero no podría decir que es perfecto al 100% pues algún
    Sencillamente hermoso. Pero no podría decir que es perfecto al 100% pues algún problema de rendimiento tendrá en PC.
    También debo hacer un incapié en que PREY es un videojuego con personalidad propia y sigo sin entender por qué la necesidad absurda de la gente en compararlo con otros videojuegos (que también son buenísimos, pero que no vienen para nada al caso). Valoremos al juego por lo que es y no por lo que son otros títulos.
  45. Jun 18, 2019
    Depending on your difficulty setting, this can be an entertaining sci-fi shooter, a heart-pounding survival horror game, or somewhere in between. Plus:

* Side content with genuinely useful rewards * The Mimics are a genius common enemy * Choices impact both the story and the endings (in many ways you won't expect) * Best zero-grav movement period. * A streamlined crafting system

* Side content with genuinely useful rewards
    * The Mimics are a genius common enemy
    * Choices impact both the story and the endings (in many ways you won't expect)
    * Best zero-grav movement period.
    * A streamlined crafting system that doesn't do my head in

Only marred by a few small bugs (like disappearing corpses) and a somewhat illegible maps for the station Exterior.

I was initially disappointed about the original Prey 2's cancellation, and that they turned space bounty hunting into Mass effect, but I take it all back. Got it for £10 in a sale, and definitely worth it. Would buy for full price.
  46. Jun 14, 2021
    The least you know about the game the better, so I'll be brief.
    Prey is a first person game where you can shoot or stealth your way through a very interesting tale.
    It's pretty, the musics are nice and I've loved the story, the characters and the general atmosphere.
    The choices you make do matter, some of them really dark.
    In my opinion this is a must-have.
  47. Jan 15, 2018
    INTRO
    Prey is a magnificent game. You'll spend at least 25 hours in the game to beat it if you complete most of the side quests, and you won't regret a single second of it.
    The game is essentially a better version of Dead Space, but less linear and incorporates BioShock mechanics as well as a deep story and a reasonable amount of freedom for you to approach your objectives. STORY
    INTRO

STORY
    If you enjoy space movies, particularly ones relating to habitation in a space vessel, station, or base, you're in for a treat. The first of its kind for a video game, Prey is about a lone survivor who has been deserted on a space station that has been taken over by sentient alien lifeforms.

Waking up one day and not remembering anything that happened in the past, as you explore the station and progress, you will find out more and more about what happened to the station and what their crew specializes in: alien technology research.

You find out that you have a sibling who is also alive on the station, but all is not as it seems as there is a more ulterior motive behind what's going on in the station and your sibling is following their own agenda.

GAMEPLAY
    This game is not a hardcore alien shooter. It's closer to a game like BioShock or Dishonored where you have many weapons and abilities at your disposal and can mix and match play styles as necessary.

Similar to the Dishonored series or recent Deus Ex games, there is a skill system where you distribute "Neuromods" to the particular skills you wish to acquire in order to improve your character or allow you to do more in the game.

There are all sorts of enemies in the game and each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. You are required to research them in order to learn new alien abilities and to know the best way to deal with them. Ammunition isn't overly abundant in the game, so you do need to avoid being wasteful to a degree.

One unique mechanic of Prey is that you are able to fly in space and zero-gravity areas in the station. It is clear that Bethesda spent a lot of time on this mechanic, as it is very realistic and very satisfying to play.

Although quests are spread out all across the station, the game is enjoyable enough that going back and forth from place to place isn't a total chore. It's fun to explore every nook and cranny and to collect things. A lot of work was placed into map design. Exploring new areas is interesting as no two places are the same.

Bethesda incorporated a stealth system into the game like they did in Dishonored, but it's somewhat weak and doesn't reward you in any way for it. Personally, I feel that Prey is better enjoyed by just playing it without focusing on stealth. The game wasn't built to be played a second time, and wasn't meant for you to let enemies stay alive. The game is already difficult enough as it is.

The only complaint I have with the game is the insignificance of many mechanics that are incorporated but are seemingly meaningless in the game. For example, radiation is virtually a non-issue, and most of the Typhon Neuromod upgrades are not needed to beat the game even though there are plenty of them to choose from. This causes the game to be a little one-dimensional.

SUMMARY
    There's not much more I can say about the game. I definitely recommend playing it as it is unique and well-designed. The story is immersive and it is fun to think of the best way to approach a situation.

I strongly advise installing the game on an SSD since you will often need to go from area to area and the load times can get annoying after a while.

I give this game a 9 out of 10 for being a memorable experience. If I ever need to recommend a space station exploration game, Prey is definitely one of them.
  48. Nov 19, 2017
    Prey это эталон качественных игр. Bethesda, спасибо что даёте зелёный свет подобным проектам у Arkane Studios отличное творческое виденье, без вас игровая индустрия загнётся =)
  49. Nov 16, 2017
    Great idea. Great gameplay. Great atmosphere. The plot is good also. One of the best for sure. One of the best for sure. One of the best for sure. One of the best for sure.
  50. Dec 6, 2017
    Очень понравилось! История братьев Ю зацепила и не отпускала до самого конца. Механика исследования и, конечно, утилизация просто шикарны. Дополнительные квесты очень разные и открывают дополнительные моменты в истории. Надеюсь на продолжение!Очень понравилось! История братьев Ю зацепила и не отпускала до самого конца. Механика исследования и, конечно, утилизация просто шикарны. Дополнительные квесты очень разные и открывают дополнительные моменты в истории. Надеюсь на продолжение!
  51. Mar 29, 2018
    One of the most underrated games in 2017. More mechanics than in the bioshock and deus ex. Game isnt holding you for a fool. And one of the best sci fi stories .
  52. Apr 5, 2018
    Great visuals. Engaging game-play and storyline. Great ambiance/sound design. I very much enjoyed the game and played it through twice in rapid succession (the second time focusing on many of the side quests I didn't spend time on during the first run). The only part that's a bit disappointing is a single cut-scene (at a key point) that just looks...cheap. I don't know if it was rushed orGreat visuals. Engaging game-play and storyline. Great ambiance/sound design. I very much enjoyed the game and played it through twice in rapid succession (the second time focusing on many of the side quests I didn't spend time on during the first run). The only part that's a bit disappointing is a single cut-scene (at a key point) that just looks...cheap. I don't know if it was rushed or just poorly executed. But apart from that, playing the game was a great experience. I'm looking forward to the "secret" announcement expected in June (fingers crossed for a DLC mission). Expand
  53. Nov 14, 2019
    Amazing game. Spent more than 70 hours on it. Completed it twice in 2 different ways. Has amazing optimization - game eats 1.5 GB ram max, and performed around 60 fps on my old i3-3250 processor + GTX 960. After switching to i7-8700, fps went up to ~120 fps.
  54. Jun 25, 2018
    One of the best games every made it inspired by the 90 fps system shock half-life and with impressive graphics and game design like bioshock it’s a modern classic a with Innovative game play haven’t seen in years it’s a real must play
  55. Aug 4, 2018
    I have played both the old Prey and this one and this is far superior, don't understand why people complained about it's "rework" since this game is just that good! Well worth your money with it's great story, atmosphere and replay ability!
  56. May 29, 2020
    One of the best games released in the past few years. Anyone who likes the "immersive sim" genre needs to pick this up, as it's a spiritual successor to System Shock 2.

Set in a great location with interesting decor/style, good atmosphere (Talos I has the feel of a lived-in space station), and great freedom to tackle the game as you see fit. In the interest of balance, more variety

In the interest of balance, more variety in enemies and a slightly less rushed endgame would make this game unstoppable.
  57. Dec 16, 2020
    one of the best games the last years
    gameplay is awesome
    atmosphere and graphis are great
    worth every cent
    also the dlc
  58. Jan 19, 2020
    This is one of the best games of this generation. The story had me hooked right from the get go. The graphics are decent. The game runs well and I had no crashes. Had some small quest related bugs but they automatically got fixed, the next time I loaded the game. The characters are all very interesting and well voiced. The facial animations are typical Arkane studio quality: passable.This is one of the best games of this generation. The story had me hooked right from the get go. The graphics are decent. The game runs well and I had no crashes. Had some small quest related bugs but they automatically got fixed, the next time I loaded the game. The characters are all very interesting and well voiced. The facial animations are typical Arkane studio quality: passable.

Best part of the game is exploration and gameplay. There is a sheer variety of ways to approach a problem or enemy. The world is so detailed and there is so much to find.

Most of the hate seems to be due to this being different to the original prey. Having never played the original, I cannot say much about this. But on its own this game is absolutely worth your time. Highly recommend it.
  59. Mar 30, 2020
    At the beginning of the game I wanted to put 7 or 8. But it’s worthwhile to endure a frankly curve, in my opinion, the balance of the player’s initial potential against enemies thrown at him, and the game will sparkle with new colors. As a result, I put 9. Not 10 because of the large number of small bugs, one of which constantly led to death due to enemies right next to the exit from theAt the beginning of the game I wanted to put 7 or 8. But it’s worthwhile to endure a frankly curve, in my opinion, the balance of the player’s initial potential against enemies thrown at him, and the game will sparkle with new colors. As a result, I put 9. Not 10 because of the large number of small bugs, one of which constantly led to death due to enemies right next to the exit from the elevator (bug - it’s impossible to leave the zone near elevator for several seconds, the player spins in place). So my rating for this game is 9.
    In this game, the action component is relatively normal, if you adequately approach the collection of resources/crafting ammunition and other things, then by the end of the game there will be no problems with inventory at all, and all weapons will be upgraded. Another point - only three of them matter in this game unfortunately. There are many different grenades to improve your tactics... and a weapon that you will use more often for closing holes and building stairs than as weapon itself.
    But everything outweighs the plot, environment and atmosphere. This game is incredibly interesting. A huge scientific space station, which is very interesting to explore, down to every corner of it. Excellent implementation of flights in a vacuum. A very interesting story that "pulls the rubber" of the whole game and reaches a climax only at the end of the game... but nonetheless.
    And the atmosphere: Horror and the unknown at the very beginning and until the middle of the game. And the unknown and dangerous from the middle to the end of the game.
    History outweighs all the flaws that could have been found here.
    The game has a dozen points of choice, "save or not", "leave or kill", and so on. So it is with skills too: use only human skills, or to risk installing aliens in yourself... but everything has its own price. Beware of being too greedy.
  60. Jan 25, 2019
    This game is a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, that understands why its predecessor was great both in story, gameplay, and setting.

The space station is beautifully designed. The story is deep, both in its use of genre conventions & player expectations; and themes and characterization. This is one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had playing a game.
  61. Jul 18, 2021
    9.510! Awesome si-fi immersive horror! As if crossed Dishonor and Dead Space) It's time to play it again
  62. Mar 15, 2019
    If you liked games like Alien Isolation and System Shock 2, there is no doubt you will enjoy this game a lot.

In the beginning game feels more like horror crawler, somewhere in the middle its rpg with tactics opportunities, to be at the end pure fps shooter with desire to hunt more "power-ups". Atmosphere of this game is superb. Game changes its motivation and feelings from horror

Atmosphere of this game is superb. Game changes its motivation and feelings from horror feel to call to power, and it loose nothing from desire to explore and to find ways how to deal with levels and enemies in more effective way. Exploring and will to check previous places just to find out what is behind those doors is present almost whole time. If you enjoy playing games and trying to get maximum from your character and what game provides, you will not be disappointed.

I was not expecting much from the game as I had almost zero information about it. Once I found out what is going on and where this game is taking place it boosted the game a ton.

On 2nd play through game do not offer much if at first play you made everything that could be done, but 35 hours of joy from first play and 14 from 2m6 this game is worth every dollar you paid for.

Played with 3D Vision and I can say: I had a blast!

ps: if you played System Shock 2 and have feeling, like you have been playing this game before.. well, yes, you did, but it doesnt matter, its really good :)
  63. Feb 27, 2019
    One of the best game!
    Storyline ++
    Nice Gameplay ++
    Atmosphere ++
    System shock memories __
  64. Mar 7, 2019
    Prey (2017) may seem disappointing for not being a direct sequel in mind for Prey (2006), yet it ended up being a product just as good. Prey plays and feels like a game that was produced by a team with very little interference from its marketing team; something that is rare in the modern day of triple-A title games.

Prey's gameplay may seem less FPS oriented than expected to be, yet it

Prey's gameplay may seem less FPS oriented than expected to be, yet it carries on the heavy staples of games such as System Shock and Deus Ex. Those types of games may not be for everyone, especially many modern audiences; anyone who enjoyed those two games will find Prey to be a blast. Prey is heavily underrated for basing itself around a complex playstyle, rather than simplifying it to appeal to everyone.

Prey as a game is concluded as; those who will enjoy this type of genre will LOVE it a lot. Those who are less familiar may be too confused to understand how the game is played and not like it very much, especially if assuming it's more FPS.
  65. Nov 10, 2021
    About a year or two ago, I tried this but barely got to the Talos I lobby before taking a break due to being too creeped out by the horror-ish elements. I didn't come back because my Gamepass expired and this game sort of fell off my radar. But since then, I played Dishonored 1 & 2 as per my cousin's recommendation, and then I bought Prey since a friend enjoyed it and it's made by Arkane,About a year or two ago, I tried this but barely got to the Talos I lobby before taking a break due to being too creeped out by the horror-ish elements. I didn't come back because my Gamepass expired and this game sort of fell off my radar. But since then, I played Dishonored 1 & 2 as per my cousin's recommendation, and then I bought Prey since a friend enjoyed it and it's made by Arkane, the same studio that made Dishonored, which I really loved and would recommend also. I'm a little thicker skinned now, so I pushed through the scary moments, and I've found that this game is amazing!

It morphs from a semi-horror survival game into an action game seamlessly as you progress. The key is that you need to realize this is not a mindless first person shooter. This is a strategic survival-action immersive sim with some brain teasing side content thrown in if you are up for it. Despite what you may have heard, the combat is suburb once you get the feel for it. It’s just that effective fighting requires thought and strategy rather than running and gunning like a standard shooter.

The full story when including a few important side missions is amazing and it’s amplified by the dense, well-thought-out world building that permeates every aspect of Talos I. The third act is a little controversial, but I personally found it satisfying. I would recommend that you take the time to explore side missions, listen to audio logs, and read random books and emails. All this will really add interesting detail to what could otherwise seem like a straight-forward narrative. To appreciate the story, you have to realize that the main character is Talos I. Not you.

The sound design is awesome. Every sound adds to the atmosphere of the station, and despite what you may have heard, the mixing is fine if you don’t turn the volume too high during ambient, quiet periods. Some of the dialogue audio quality can sound a tad bit odd, but all the scifi sfx and the aliens are so cool to hear.

AI is good. The mimics are very cool and have a mind of their own. The other aliens aren’t the brainiest enemies you’ll outwit, but they make up for it by being powerful and terrifying. If you turn on all subtitles, that can help.

Graphics are great. The humans don’t always look amazing, but they’re certainly serviceable, and you don't see them most of the time anyway. The art style of the station and the enemies and the effects are all suburb. Arkane has always been really great with their games’ art directions.

Bugs were not a big issue for me. They only occurred once in a great while. At one point, I got outside the map, which I thought was a cool peek behind-the-scenes. An enemy got under the map once and was able to attack me still, but it didn’t cause too much trouble. I also got the character stuck until I used an ability to escape, which was kind of an interesting puzzle. Note, this is after 80+ hours spent with the game.

The only problem I have with any system design is a certain enemy that can easily be cheesed, and can kind of temporarily mess up the pacing, but this is just a nitpick. it doesn’t detract since you can just leave the area if you want.

Overall, I would give this game a 9.6/10. It’s amazing how all the systems work together seamlessly and give you so many creative ways to tackle any given problem. You will never get tired of experimenting with new ideas here. I’ve had a blast with this game, and I hope you do too.

There's another part to my review, but it spoils some stuff, so play the game first then come back. You should experience it for yourself before hearing my take. Trust me. When you've played the game (twice is even better), here's a link to my full review:

66. Apr 7, 2019
    Вышла весьма увлекательная игра, в которой прекрасно все: от подачи основного сюжета до графической части. Безусловно, это одна из лучших игр ходящего десятилетия. Всем обязательно рекомендую.
  67. May 16, 2019
    Hands down the best immersive sim of this gen; the story is good, the graphics looks nice, and the gameplay is so much fun
  68. Feb 13, 2020
    one of the best games I've played is fantastic .
  69. Jan 13, 2021
    First-person sci-fi immersive sim with exceptional environmental storytelling and incredible ambience.
  70. May 16, 2021
    Jogão.
    Prey é uma mistura de Shooter, RPG, Craft, Sci fi e terror.
    um dos melhores games da Bethesda.
  71. Feb 2, 2020
    Criminally underrated game. If you're into System Shock and/or the first two Bioshock games, make sure you give this one a try!
  72. Mar 15, 2022
    This game is easily on of my favorite games ever created. There's no swaying me on that. Period. This game took me a while but I was in love with it. I remember first watching Markiplier's playthrough of it and hating it's art style but grew to appreciate everything to the point I begged my parents to let me play it for a year. I was 14 when I got to and it was amazing. The story wasThis game is easily on of my favorite games ever created. There's no swaying me on that. Period. This game took me a while but I was in love with it. I remember first watching Markiplier's playthrough of it and hating it's art style but grew to appreciate everything to the point I begged my parents to let me play it for a year. I was 14 when I got to and it was amazing. The story was strong, the combat was tight and fun, the game looked absolutely amazing, the different way you can play were fun, and the philosophical element really added to it's depth and complexity. It's a very subtle game and a damn fun one. Blink and you'll miss something. The world building and depth of this game just shows Arkane Studio's talent. There really is no game like it. Most of the haters fall into two camps; "It's too complex and not Call of Duty and it plays bad on my potato" and "aksually Prey 2". Both can be debunked pretty easily so I won't bother going into detail but; "It's design is supposed to be complex and for fans of the Immersive Sim" and "They were two separate projects and Arkane doesn't deserve the hate because of Bethesda's decision to can one of them". Now I want to talk about why it captivated me so quickly, the answer is BioShock, my second favorite game and one I also really enjoy. The two go together quite well thematically and compliment each other's strengths. I really do love this game and it deserves more love and a sequel. So please stop with the misinformed hate and try the game out with an open mind and get over the fact it isn't meant for casual play, it's really all or nothing with this game. And it's not horror. TLDR; I really love this game. Expand
  73. May 22, 2022
    Really good game! I enjoyed shooting and using the powers! The decision we had to make and a surprising ending! I'm waiting for prey 2.
  74. Jun 6, 2020
    Great atmospheric game. Nice plot. Stunning level design. Buggy though, so better save often. Must play
  75. Jun 30, 2020
    Arkane Studios is known for developing amazing lore-filled playgrounds, giving the players a plethora of tools for traversal and combat, and simply setting you loose to watch what you do. The immersive sim genre doesn't get a whole lot of love.

Thankfully, there are little gems like this. Absurdly fun, visually striking, amazingly well-crafted, filled with interesting characters and with a backdrop like no other, Prey provides amazing value for money. Multiple endings, a lot of decent side content, varied gameplay options and skill builds... It all makes for a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Music is great, visuals are impressive and support the gorgeous art direction. Combat feels snappy and simply exploring Talos-1 is fun as hell. Subtracting 1 point because the third act of the game has you backtracking on old grounds a few times, which does feel like it pads out the experience a little. Otherwise, a near perfect offering.

Good stuff, Arkane.
  76. May 4, 2022
    One of the best games i have played in a long time.Thanks to Arkane Studios :-)
  77. May 29, 2021
    Классная игра, сюжет, сеттинг, геймплей, враги - всё на высшем уровне. Графика тоже нормальная. Отличный представитель иммерсив симов, для меня на уровне биошок инфинит. Приключение в меру продолжительное, в меру сложное, бэктрекинг работает безотказно (ни разу не возникало чувство, что вот опять возвращаться в уже изученную локацию, Талос-1 воспринимается как единое целое). ОченьКлассная игра, сюжет, сеттинг, геймплей, враги - всё на высшем уровне. Графика тоже нормальная. Отличный представитель иммерсив симов, для меня на уровне биошок инфинит. Приключение в меру продолжительное, в меру сложное, бэктрекинг работает безотказно (ни разу не возникало чувство, что вот опять возвращаться в уже изученную локацию, Талос-1 воспринимается как единое целое). Очень интересно было находить тайнички, открывать новые локации и двери, изучать мир. Сюжет прям хорош, использование разные навыков вкупе с предметами окружающего мира здорово разнообразят боевку. И концовки не подвели (я выбрал не очень хорошую). В общем, игра маст плей. Expand
  78. Mar 20, 2022
    Amazing.
    The best Immersive Sim I've ever played.
    This is another Arkane's master piece.
  79. Jun 19, 2022
    A fking great game all around. Its immersive like alien isolation and the mechanical depth and variety is great enought to never get boring
  80. GVB
    Oct 30, 2020
    Do you like System Shock? Do you like the very well written stories? Do you like sci-fi? Do you like games that are fun and easy to play but deep in a lot of aspects? Do you like videogames in general? Yes? Then... stop reading critics about this game and buy it, play it, enjoy it.
  81. Feb 15, 2022
    Prey is a game to be praised for what it does well, and there’s a lot of it, but certain shortcomings it bears can hardly be overlooked even by the most avid of fans.

Firstly, it’s important to recognize how beautiful, meticulous, and inspiring the presentation is, from the visionary, slick designs, all well-fitted together both stylistically and thematically, to the soundscape, dripping with atmosphere wherever you go. And you can go to lots of different places, all distinct in how they portray the environments, their function, and the traces of lives and activities of the space station inhabitants. Impressively, Talos I comes together as a cohesive, believable place, and manages to provide an assembly of intricate, engaging levels to explore at the same time.

But it might feel like how you explore them becomes underwhelming closer to the second half of the game. Progression gives you different abilities to solve roadblocks and go confidently through obstacles, but because their design needs to accommodate the players that might not have certain abilities, there often, if not always, seems to be a way to bypass said obstacles and roadblocks with some clever use of movement systems, consumables and your glue gun (a wonderful tool and a fearsome weapon!). The latter way is more daring, more roguish, it feels like you are bending the rules a bit - so it feels more fun, which kinda defeats the purpose of a lot of “exploration” upgrades. It’s optimal to instead spend your progression currency on combat skills, but they’re mostly boring stat increases, and the combat isn’t that deep in the first place. Don’t get me wrong, the whole thing functions the first time you play it, combat encounters can be quite tactical and very dramatic, but I struggle to see any enticement to the second playthrough without some self-imposed limitations because, otherwise, the core gameplay is a little too chaotic for the mood the game sets, and the skill tree is fairly unbalanced, lacking clear intention. I noticed a similar lack of intention to loot, where there’s plenty of stuff yet only a few things really count, but the ingenious crafting system that allows disassembling anything into a few primary materials kept it from getting boring.

Exploration also doesn’t benefit from the numerous loading screens, and the story does make you backtrack quite a bit towards the end, but it’s nothing outrageous. The plot keeps you on your toes almost the whole ride, it’s complex, psychological stuff, elevating the traditions of classic space horror tropes from Alien and alike to new heights with memory shenanigans, dysfunctional family issues, twist ending, and some actually well-written side stories from the voice logs.

Overall, the space station Talos I is well worth exploring, but be mindful of the difficulties Prey’s core system struggle through.
  82. Apr 12, 2021
    Good morning Morgan, Today is Monday, March 15th, 2032 ...
    Nice and interesting game.
  83. Mar 7, 2022
    5 years later and still a masterpiece, still one of my favorite games ever. Everything is great : the atmosphere, the graphics, the art direction, the gameplay, the replay value, the duration, the sound design and soundtrack, etc. The immersive sim genre at its finest.
  84. Dec 15, 2020
    Отличная игра с отличным сюжетом, с отличными механиками показывающие трудность морального выбора. Почему ее так хэйтят не ясно. Видимо большинство в нее просто не играли!
  85. Feb 8, 2021
    Prey is a great game overall, though it does have a few technical hiccups. It's a bit sad to see the same people who called Bioshock Infinite a masterpiece pretend that this game doesn't exist.

If you want a great immersive sim with nice art, play Prey. Just be aware that the game is NOT a horror game, and will not deliver in that regard.
  86. May 2, 2021
    Prey is a masterfully crafted game that brings forth a compelling narrative, excellent level design and creative gameplay.

It encourages experimentation with the variety of weapons & upgrades and it begs you to explore all corners of the space station to uncover what's happening. There is always more than 1 way to approach a given situation, with the onus on the player to be methodical.

Arkane have established themselves as a household name in the immersive sim genre. If you're someone that enjoys a more cerebral tone to your gaming with rich level design, this is it.
  87. Mar 10, 2022
    Simply superb.
    Everything I like from Half Life but better.
    It's a good shooter, the feeling with the weapons is always good. It's also a good RPG, let's you decide a lot of approaches for your character, from a gunslinger to an stealth boy to a paranormal powers build. The way the game is designed and its details is crazy. Every task has not 1 or 2, sometimes even 5 ways to be done,
    Simply superb.
    Everything I like from Half Life but better.
    The way the game is designed and its details is crazy. Every task has not 1 or 2, sometimes even 5 ways to be done, depending on your character skills or your preferred approach.

The story is also one of the best things of the game. It's giving you information bit by bit and the suspense is still there by the end of the game.
    The games makes you take hard decisions and those decisions and your actions also have consequences.
    The ending and especially the post-credits scene shows that everything you made during the game was important.

The side quests are also fantastic and with amazing rewards if you expend time doing it.
    It also has one of the best ways I ever seen on how to teach the game lore. Many of the crew members have a story behind and are interconnected and you learn it from small pieces that you gather all around the station. This lore is presented in many ways: emails, notes, audios, videos, calls, so it's not boring to collect it, even more if sometimes it gives clues to complete a quest ot triggers a new one.
  88. Jul 11, 2021
    This game story is amazing with fantastic gameplay mechanics. I definitely recommend getting this game!
  89. Jul 25, 2021
    Prey is a really great game. I’ll describe it as a blending of Bioshock and Deadspace. My first run took 49hrs so there’s lots to do and see and once complete you unlock extra difficulty options for repeat runs. I hope they make a sequel!
  90. Sep 20, 2021
    Underrated masterpiece. The gameplay was of course enjoyable and the story was better than I expected.
  91. Jan 14, 2022
  92. Jan 4, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Игра просто изумительная столько вариантов прохождения, какой стиль все просто на высшем уровне! Expand
  93. Mar 22, 2022
    En el juego nos encontramos con distintas situaciones a resolver, las cuales nos guiaran a uno de los varios finales del juego.

Morgan es su personaje principal, quien a través de January (un robot) nos hace saber que lo que está pasando a bordo de la Talos (nave nodriza) puede ocasionar la extinción de la vida en la tierra, si el experimento que están haciendo con un ser mutágeno espacial se lleva a cabo.

Es interesante la forma en que nos hacen sumergir en un juego en primera persona, que al inicio tiene pinta de ser de mucha acción, repetitivo, mono final, termina siendo una mezcla de terror, cosas siniestras y obviamente acción y ficción, con varios finales que justamente nosotros con las acciones que hagamos durante el juego reflejará una verdad incómoda, que aun así termina siendo nuestra decisión que ocurra.

La música y los efectos de sonido son muy buenos, nos lleva a unos nostálgicos juegos como son los de resident, silent hill, etc, donde con ir y volver del menú de la partida, nos da un sonido tétrico que muchas veces estando en completa concentración nos asusta.
  94. Jun 1, 2022
    Game is really cool with the best story. Actually got scared sometimes but this game is extremely fun.
  95. Jun 13, 2022
    One of the best games I ever played, if you ever want to make a game you should deftly check the documentary about the game.
  96. May 22, 2017
    Absolutely great game, except for some technical issues(like several quest bugs) and graphics. But art design is awesome. It's very hard to find game like this in our time, so work of the Arkane studios will be appriciated by people who love story games.
  97. May 10, 2017
    It took me about 25h to finish the game and I'm definately up for a replay making other choices. This is a modern carbon copy of System Shock 2, a game I gave a perfect score of 10 and one of my all time favorite games. It also borrows elements from Alien Isolation and the Bioshock games wich of course in turn are heavily influenced by System Shock.
    It doesn't bring alot new to the table
    It doesn't bring alot new to the table but it implements almost all it has borrowed well. The Alien Isolation parts where you have to hide from a giant alien arn't as well executed as in AI, the fear mechanic seems pretty pointless and I never succumbed to it even though I didn't use fear dampening items (I played on normal, maybe the hardest difficulty remedy this). And it wasn't to hard actually killing it instead of hiding or just simply run away to a new area unlike AI where you are guaranteed to be killed if the Alien sees you.

The skills are interesting and the story is also pretty interesting, the game kept me interested all the way to the end. There are several ways to approach your objectives and enemies, giving you choices on how you want to play, I always appreciate that.

You also have quite a few choices to make wich will affect the ending and define your character. There is a proper inventory with full mouse management, hotkeys and pc specific controls (there is a radial menu but you don't have to use it at all). So is this another perfect score then? No, the one thing I was really missing was the sense of dread and isolation System Shock 2 gave me, or even Alien Isolation. The atmosphere wasn't quite there all the way and there wasn't a proper main antagonist like Shodan or the actual Alien. I also found the alien design lacking. They are not creepy and not varied enough. Quite frankly the alien design is boring. So one point of for that.

The performance is pretty solid aswell. I have a 4yo rig with an oc i7 4770K, 16gb ram and a oc Titan Black running the game at 3440X1440p at maxed settings with shadows turned to medium, V-sync off (have a g-sync monitor) and AA at 8x and still got around 55-60 fps avarage with some dips at some points. Pretty good considering the resolution. I did miss a FOV option ingame but you could fix that in the .ini file.
    Loading time is a bit heavy for pc at around 30-40 seconds when entering a new area with an annoying two loading screens. Around 10 seconds for a quickload within the same area or respawn if you die. You can't bind quicksave or quickload to hotkeys though wich is really annoying.
    It all worked flawlessly until the end of the game, at around 24h mark my save files got corrupt and I was stuck in an area crashing everytime I try to exit it. Appearantly this is a problem on all platforms. As of writing this review there is no official fix but having the pc version meant I can access and modify my savegames. I got around this problem by deleting the "area".level file in my savegame for the area i was trying to enter. This resets that area so all the items, keycards you've found are all back in place (but you still have the ones you've taken in your inventory) and all the doors and safes are locked again. This also means that you can trigger any sidequest again in that area even if you have completed them. Not optimal and a real drag if you have to reset the lobby area. For this reason I subtracted yet another point from my score because it is a gamebreaking bug, sure I personally managed to get around it but if you play on console and get this bug or if this fix doesn't work for you on pc then the game is broken and can't be completed. There is no guarantee a patch will fix your saves if they are already corrupted either wich means you might have lost hours upon hours of progress. I'm sure they'll fix it but still not an okay release
  98. Sep 6, 2017
    A very strong contender for game of the year, possibly even game of the decade, at least as far as character- and story-driven high budget games go. I.e. one of the best games ever. Pretty damn good writing (amazingly lifelike and OTOH nerdy humorous character stories too) and near flawless, even innovative mechanics, and zero bugs. 10 points. (Well, possibly 10-, because of slightly tooA very strong contender for game of the year, possibly even game of the decade, at least as far as character- and story-driven high budget games go. I.e. one of the best games ever. Pretty damn good writing (amazingly lifelike and OTOH nerdy humorous character stories too) and near flawless, even innovative mechanics, and zero bugs. 10 points. (Well, possibly 10-, because of slightly too many loading screens during certain times in the plot...)

The ending(s) is definitely controversial, but I liked it. Maybe slightly rushed in the very end/ would have been cool to have some more extrapolation but this left room for some pretty cool online speculations, at least. Also, playing on hard I did nearly run out of ammo on certain weapons which necessitated some gamestyle changes, but only because i was MANUFACTURING tons of skill points. How cool is that! :)

The hacking minigame is not the best or wouldn't even be necessary but it really didn't bother me after a while.

Do check it out if you like great scifi!
  99. May 24, 2017
    I played Prey going in totally blind. Didn't know a thing about the game or have any sort of idea of what it'd be like. At first I was goofing off but after the into it quickly grabbed my attention. If you pay close attention from the very start (and I mean really close) you can tell something is up the entire time, but if you run through thinking this is a normal shooter you'll beI played Prey going in totally blind. Didn't know a thing about the game or have any sort of idea of what it'd be like. At first I was goofing off but after the into it quickly grabbed my attention. If you pay close attention from the very start (and I mean really close) you can tell something is up the entire time, but if you run through thinking this is a normal shooter you'll be disappointed. While I do dislike the lack of aim-down-sights it's not one of those games that needs it (think Bioshock) due to the powers you can unlock right after the intro (provided you don't go muck about and ignore the story). For best results play up till you find the psychoscope then feel free to explore as it helps unlock your entire arsenal. The only bad thing I can think would be the facial animations and lip-syncing, but I'm not the biggest fan of Arkane's art direction. Over all this game is an 8 from me, but the ending felt a bit rushed and leaves you with many questions that it only briefly explains. Expand
  100. May 28, 2017
    Este juego es como una combinación de Bioshock con Dishonored y Dead Space. Todo lo que amo! Bastante entretenido y te deja con las ganas de seguir explorando, en pc la verdad que esta muy bien optimizado.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 38 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 15, 2017
    Many of its elements never quite come together, so there’s no payoff. The clumsy human stories, the botched difficulty curve, the dangling gameplay threads, the pointless decisions, the cool 3D printer scavenging economy, the coral, the hunters, the various survivors who need saving. If I never had fewer than a dozen mana potions, what did it matter whether I did the quest to put mana healing into the water supply?
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 5, 2017
    Prey offers one of the best gaming environments in the history and builds on it its sophisticated, exciting, and unusually entertaining gameplay. A weaker story and sometimes too high difficulty does not change the fact that Arkane studios has once again produced something special. [Issue#275]
  3. Jun 30, 2017
    A great game of action and exploration, with rich, interlocking mechanics. May be a little bit derivative, but a tonne of fun nonetheless. [Issue#263, p.56]