5.4

1. May 14, 2019
    Pros: Good solid Shooting and Scooting copied directly from Doom and lots of Upgradeability and loot.
    Cons:AVG Story, Writing, Cringy Dialogue at times, typical bland characters, shallow character depth, and repetitive gameplay after a while.
    -This game could have done better with evolving enemies and difficulty. -Would have been better with fewer Bugs on the PC port. -Not a Bad game

-This game could have done better with evolving enemies and difficulty.
    -Would have been better with fewer Bugs on the PC port.
    -Not a Bad game but a rather middle of the road experience.
  2. May 13, 2019
    I really wanted to like Rage 2 but unfortunately it is boring and dull and with way too much pink color for a post apocalyptic game (i can't understand why they chose that stupid color palete for the graphics) also the game is suffering from some of the same problems that the first game did when it released eight years ago. The story is forgetable and many missions are repetitive and plainI really wanted to like Rage 2 but unfortunately it is boring and dull and with way too much pink color for a post apocalyptic game (i can't understand why they chose that stupid color palete for the graphics) also the game is suffering from some of the same problems that the first game did when it released eight years ago. The story is forgetable and many missions are repetitive and plain boring. The fact that the main campaign only lasts 10 hours is outrageous for a single player game especially for the price tag that Bethesda has placed on Rage 2. Probably the most enjoyable aspect of the game is the combat system but it’s buried beneath a ton of garbage Expand
  3. Jun 16, 2019
    Rage 2 has great feeling gunplay but that is unfortunately the only good thing about it. The boring world and characters make it a forgettable game that should be sold for around 20 dollars. The price tag is way too high for what is offered. Developers, stop trying to make everything open world and if you do make it interesting to explore. Gamers are getting tired of developersRage 2 has great feeling gunplay but that is unfortunately the only good thing about it. The boring world and characters make it a forgettable game that should be sold for around 20 dollars. The price tag is way too high for what is offered. Developers, stop trying to make everything open world and if you do make it interesting to explore. Gamers are getting tired of developers artificially extending game length by making a big map with boring side quests. Doom showed how to make a fast paced action game. Expand
  4. Aug 4, 2019
    I really wanted to like this game. I want to give it a 7. But I can't. I actually really enjoyed Rage 1, quite a bit. This game feels very different for reasons I can't explain.

1. The game crashes frequently, ESPECIALLY when you delete saved games which ironically happens when I'm trying to free up a slot to save my progress before the game crashes. This wasn't a one time thing. It's about 50% of the time.

2. Speaking of saving, there are only 12 saved slots and you often reappear in odd locations without your car. Really in 2019? 1990s checkpoints calling PCMR. Bethesda, you are both my most hated and loved company (like MS). And of course it crashes when you do that, so you lose progress potentially.

3. The game also never seems to count the arks, chests or notepads correctly. I pick it up but still somehow it doesn't count, which is an OCD nightmare.

4. As for other bugs, I constantly have to reconfigure my two guns of choice (you can switch back and forth which is nice) b/c it inexplicably resets for no reason, especially when loading / continuing.

5. The challenge is WAY off. I After many hours of trial and error, I have to agree with another poster. Nightmare is probably the best setting. You def can take a few hits but you can't slug it out with anyone. In other words you don't have to be perfect, but you are not bulletproof at all. Think Batman Arkham Asylum.

5a. The other thing about Nightmare and the other poster said this, FINALLY, you have reason to collect things b/c you might run through quite a few grenades and health infusions and w/o upgrades to crafting, you might be surprised how quickly you deplete your surplus. Previously, I was always maxed out and never had to use anything.

6. Oh, this may sound weird, but just TOO MANY abilities and things. I like variety and it's good everyone can use what they enjoy, but Rage 1 seemed simpler and streamlined and I enjoyed immensely - challenging and fun. There's just too much for me to keep track of and use, YMMV.

On the plus side, the graphics are VERY nice and the scenery is nothing short of amazing. The drivign is fun, and gameplay is good but uneven, and the crashes and other weird glitches just make it hard to reward that sloppy design. Also, some areas such as mutant nests are actually cut and paste. I dk why they did that since bandit locations always seem very different even if they share similarities.

There's a really good game under here, but you have to dig to find it.
  5. May 29, 2019
    A fun and solid shooter slapped inside a bland open world, this is basically Rage 2. From boring low quality quest, unimpressive environments to incredibly non-standard tutorials; Rage 2 is a game not deserving of its 60$ price tag.
  6. Jun 19, 2019
    This game is a bit disappointing. It could be a great game but certain things are making it only average. For me those things were:
    1. Weapons hidden around the map and getting next weapon not related to the story. In fact I finished the game with only 4 weapons as I couldn't find more.
    2. Driving is one of the key things to do in this game but the whole driving model, physics and damage model are very poor. It is not a pleasure to drive in this game. Seriously that kind of driving model in 2019? Even games which are 20 years old now did better.
    3. Dull and predictable story line
    4. Lots of upgrades are pointless and don't really give you any advantage. Upgrade system is overly complicated. Important upgrades like health increase can be bought in special place but throughout the whole game I could only afford to buy one upgrade which gave me 5% more health. Same with vehicle, I could only afford to upgrade most of things after I have finished main story line. What is the point of it. Seriously?
    5. Game is quite repetitive and many quests are the same but in different place.

What rescue this title is combat system which is great. Gives you a lot of satisfaction to massacre another wave of enemies.

Bottom line:
    If you got the game as a gift yeah it is worth playing but don't waste your hard earned money for it.
  7. May 15, 2019
    A good FPS, a nice mix between mad max and Doom. Open World is great, but don't buy it for a story. It is not worth of its 60 euros, but for 36 euros on instant gaming it is a really a nice trade. If you like shooters it can be good for you
  8. May 22, 2019
    A very good shooter held back by bugs, a forgettable overworld and the mindnumbingly stupid decision to include mandatory racing as part of the mainquest.
  9. May 16, 2019
    Nice looking game at the intersection of Doom, Rage, Mad Max and Red Faction: Guerilla.

Kind of short, both on the main story and the extra content; finished it in 25 hours maxing out all collectible items. It has a few bugs, such as audio not playing, mission no-progression. Unfortunately, it lacks the athmosphere of the first Rage and the quest design is a bit dull. Felt like I'm working; go there, clear enemies, collect hidden items, repeat.

The UI is nicely done, showing how much items to look for at each location, but there is no per-region summary or progress indication. Discovering locations is kind of a hit-or-miss as the detection range on the road is too short. For example, I finished the main quest and didn't know where to get the last 2 weapons and last augmentation; had to look it up online. Driving around is interesting once, but becomes boring pretty soon. There are a couple fast-travel locations but generally, everything is so out of place that one has to travel half the map to mop up a location. The driving is generally okay but the racing is hideous with mouse+keyboard, plus there is a bug that can make you lose the mandatory race mission when the AI gets teleported to the end of the race taking your first place away. One annoyance was the interruption from mission completed screens, telling you how much cache and points you earned. These could have been simple popups so that they don't break the flow of the game.

It ran decently on my machines with 1060 on High and it is recommended to update graphics drivers. I haven't encountered crashes or overheating issues. The game is ALT+TAB friendly.
  10. May 17, 2019
    The Good - Gunplay is nice and smooth, the visuals are good and there doesn't seem to be many bugs.

The Bad - The gameplay is generic, the missions have no depth its just the same thing over and over without any increased challenge. The game world is rather small and lifeless. There are a lot of cut and paste areas in the world that have nothing to do, empty buildings, lifeless open fields etc and nothing to discover. There are next to zero random events in the open world. The player powers are old, one is a double jump power, wow, that's never been done in an FPS before. Overall the game is poor for a 2019 release. The campaign takes about 8-10 hours, which is a joke for a AAA priced game. Wait for a mega sale when its $10-$15.
  11. May 14, 2019
    I mean its OK....Its not Rage, in any way other than the wingsticks which is clearly all they wanted....In all honesty I would bet my first born child this game did not start as a Rage sequel....Its a competent shooter, its just not Rage...Rage wasn't about "power" armor suits and abilities from it...Of course its a Bugthesda published release so its got some bugs they will eventually workI mean its OK....Its not Rage, in any way other than the wingsticks which is clearly all they wanted....In all honesty I would bet my first born child this game did not start as a Rage sequel....Its a competent shooter, its just not Rage...Rage wasn't about "power" armor suits and abilities from it...Of course its a Bugthesda published release so its got some bugs they will eventually work out...You can have fun with it, the main story itself is around 7hrs but there is some side missions to pad that out to about 15.....If you want a shooter you can have some fun with, its not terrible, if you want a Rage sequel this is NOT it...Kinda regret paying full price for it, so maybe wait for a sale. Shouldn't be too long before it drops to the $30-40 range....They really want to push it being an LMFAO Id game, but its not Id exists in name only now and this was clearly developed more by Avalanche Expand
  12. May 17, 2019
    Not such bad game as most people say. The most important thing is to understand what you are waitng from Rage 2. If you need perfect combat mechanics, if you want just shoot, blast everything aroung and relax, Rage 2 is worth buyng. If you want to get long story with interesting quests, open world with different types of activity - Don't buy Rage 2. This game will be boring for you.
  13. May 18, 2019
    Probably one of the most boring games to come out this generation. And its not the gameplay I'm talking about, the shooting and all the players abilities feel awesome. In fact this game is probably on par with Doom when it comes to the gun mechanics.

But everything else in the game is completely bland and boring. The story in this game is a total snooze-fest, none of the characters you meet in this game have anything interesting or cool to say. The open world feels completely lifeless and devoid of anything cool or interesting to see or do. There are tons of boring and repetitive open world activities to do but none of them are worth doing.

Worst part of the game is easily the driving, some of the worst controls in a modern day open world game.
  14. May 23, 2019
    Garbage (in the sense that you are collecting garbage) is a single luther shooter, I'm sorry I have neither the time nor the money for what you offer even Diablo 2 outdid long ago.
  15. May 21, 2019
    PROS:
    -An amazing gameplay experience when it comes to combat and shooting
    -Really varied set of tools to use in said combat -Solid progression -Really good looking game even on lower settings -Runs smooth on a medium range rig -Short intro -Beautiful and interesting setting with really diverse landscapes -Varied enemy types and factions -You don't have to be an FPS pro to enjoy
    PROS:
    -An amazing gameplay experience when it comes to combat and shooting
    -Really varied set of tools to use in said combat
    -Solid progression
    -Really good looking game even on lower settings
    -Runs smooth on a medium range rig
    -Short intro
    -Beautiful and interesting setting with really diverse landscapes
    -Varied enemy types and factions
    -You don't have to be an FPS pro to enjoy the game like anyone else
    -Lots of room for creative approach to situations
    -Amazing sound design, everything sounds impactful and powerful
    -Interesting looking cities, characters, weapons and vehicles
    -Incredibly rich update system for guns and specially skills

CONS:
    -Too easy even on hardest difficulty for better players
    -Lots of bugs when it comes to audio and some with geometry (At launch)
    -Vehicles in general are very mediocre when it comes to handling and combat
    -A sometimes boring and disappointing story
    -Content seems a bit lacking when it comes to missions and side activities
    -If not explored deeper, combat can get boring to an average player
    -Strange use of resources and currencies when upgrading
    -Sometimes empty open world
    -Bland looking characters when it comes to the cities
    -Mostly stupid AI

Summary:
    This game is surely not a bad game but it's technical problems, lack of content and disappointing story make it go down some points from my point of view.
  16. May 28, 2019
    Not bad game but definetly not good neither, rather wait for DOOM:E obviously their are same game, but DOOM has style while rage is just shiny colorful boring turd. - Male Walker has sympathetic voice.
    - Better than New Dawn which mean nothing anyway.
  17. May 14, 2019
    Love Rage 2, it is like DOOM and Mad Max got a baby together. shooting mechanic is super fun, vehicle driving is not too good could be better, not all of the character are interesting recommend getting deluxe edition. normal edition is a 6 out of 10 and the deluxe edition is a 7 out of 10, could be higher if we get more content in the future...
  18. May 14, 2019
    cant believe some people just copy paste their hatred reviews on ps4 , pc and xbox version just to **** on the game . honestly this is really pathetic !
  19. G0D
    May 15, 2019
    This game has good gory gunplay and…nothing else. Driving is better than Rage 1, graphic is mediocre by today’s standard. But human characters are just ugly, especially females characters, far uglier than Rage 1. This is actually the most unbearable drawback for me.
    I've played the game for over 6 hours, but so far I haven't seen any pretty female nor handsome male NPC, regardless friend or foe. Even my closet female ally NPC are ugly as hell. I'm just in that swamp city now and dear lord those NPC sure are even more hideous than others lol. I thought developers only make enemies look like ugly punk ass S*W so we can shoot them happily, but nope, I’m wrong big time. Every freaking human characters I’ve seen in this game are ugly! Sad I can’t refund the game now…..
  20. May 21, 2019
    Good shooting, everything else is not very memorable. Overall, i got what I expected - fun, mindless slaughter fest to sink a couple of evenings.
  21. May 16, 2019
    Another disappointment.
    Shooting is ok, but everything else is boring.
    No hopes to ID software anymore (
  22. May 16, 2019
    The gameplay is similiar to the first one of the series, which mean there is a lot of fun in the shooting and overall driving aspects! But that is where the fun begins and ends. I really thought Bethesda would develop a better story for this sequence, but it is even more bland and pointless than the first Rage, which says a lot.
    Also the voice acting is terrible! It feels like voice
    Also the voice acting is terrible! It feels like voice acting from a 2001 indie game.
    So it's a game I would only reccomend buying if you're on a "mindless shooting and driving" mode, but even for half of the current price you can still get WAY BETTER games, so at least wait for some huge sale, otherwise it will be a waste of money.
  23. May 16, 2019
    Solid fun gun play that feels like doom but open world is dead and boring and the people in towns look out of place in most cases might just be me but it felt like it.
  24. May 18, 2019
    Rage once passed with pleasure. Rage 2 immediately pushed by his -acid gamma. While refraining from buying.
  25. May 15, 2019
    es un juego entretenido para pasar un buen rato y hacer el cabra pero no llega a mucho mas
  26. May 19, 2019
    + интересно стрелять, красиво и динамично. Спасибо id software!
    Далее Avalanche Studios, вы сделали:
    - пустой скучный мир. - неинтересные персонажи. - неинтересный и скучный сюжет. - однообразие во всех аспектах игры. Avalanche Studios пожалуйста не делайте больше игры, вы не умеете. У вас нет ни одной хорошей игры, все ваши игры плохие и однообразные, всё что вы умеет делать это
    + интересно стрелять, красиво и динамично. Спасибо id software!
    Далее Avalanche Studios, вы сделали:
    - пустой скучный мир.
    - неинтересные персонажи.
    - неинтересный и скучный сюжет.
    - однообразие во всех аспектах игры.

Avalanche Studios пожалуйста не делайте больше игры, вы не умеете. У вас нет ни одной хорошей игры, все ваши игры плохие и однообразные, всё что вы умеет делать это бессмысленные бесконечные взрывы в пустых песочницах. Вы испортили Rage 2, очень жаль что вам поручили делать эту игру. Это была ошибка издателя и id software.
  27. Jun 12, 2019
    It's missing the good story from Doom and the gameplay is meh meh, is like Far cry looter and outpost crap. Rage 1 at least was a real wasteland and had an identity. This game don't. And that is the problem, average game good shooting. No real ending.
  28. May 20, 2019
    Pros:
    Strong combat game-play
    Smooth & constant frame-rate Reasonably close to adverted game-play features(((this shouldn't be a pro this should be the minimum standard acceptable, Sadly very few games can even achieve this low low bar. 1st time Indi developers who don't know wtf they are doing have a more accurate feature adver to feature delivered ratio than most AAA studios these
    Pros:
    Strong combat game-play
    Smooth & constant frame-rate
    Reasonably close to adverted game-play features(((this shouldn't be a pro this should be the minimum standard acceptable, Sadly very few games can even achieve this low low bar. 1st time Indi developers who don't know wtf they are doing have a more accurate feature adver to feature delivered ratio than most AAA studios these days))))

Shrugs:
    Typical OW game-play indistinguishable from any other
    goto an icon on map kill everything then another another another
    Rage2 does this no worse or better than any thing else it's just a tired repetitive tired grindy tired system/ Did I mention it's tired?
    Short but so wa the original
    Graphics get the job done, nothing fancy, but not bad
    It has Denuvo if that matters to you and you need a Beth account to launch.
    The $ invested to hr played ratio is rather low so wait till sale

Cons:
    Impressively storytelling got WORSE from the original, that is kinda impressive
    Save game system often does not save status (quest progress, ammo count, hp, location) correctly
    Music, sound effects, voice work often cuts out or gets on a loop
    the driving, omfg the driving it's much worse than original in terms of control, feedback, fun, utility and importance of the entire system *other than ONE quest you can complete the game without EVER getting in a vehicle* which is good since you will never do it again once you get the hele-bike
    lack of re-playability
  29. May 30, 2019
    Rage 2 is like a really bad case of intimacy: every single aspect of this game either reaches the climax too prematurely or never even gets there at all.
  30. May 21, 2019
    Decent game overall, but nothing more. Imo not worth full price- wait for a sale.

pros: - fantastic combat feeling, you can clearly see that ID made it - a lot of cool weapons/powers, great meaty shotgun - no tedious grind or microtransactions cons: literally everything else, that is - boring empty open world with no interesting places to visit/see - tedious driving with bad

pros:
    - fantastic combat feeling, you can clearly see that ID made it
    - a lot of cool weapons/powers, great meaty shotgun
    - no tedious grind or microtransactions

cons:
    literally everything else, that is
    - boring empty open world with no interesting places to visit/see
    - tedious driving with bad controls
    - pacing is quite bad, awesome combat moments are between tedious car driving
    - game is too easy (hard is like normal in other games), and with powers upgraded it becomes trivial
    - upgrade system is needlessly convoluted and complicated
    - game is quite short for open world game
    - bad story, bad characters, bad dialogues

Overall the game would be much better if they ditched open world and make it corridor/level based shooter like Doom 2016. Because shooting is awesome, and the rest is meh.
  31. May 19, 2019
    Really fun gameplay is unfortunately let down by a boring storyline, terrible and uninteresting characters, and a large amount of bugs.
  32. Aug 10, 2019
    Essentially a quick try to jump on Borderlands 3 hype train, but still fun for a short period of time.
    If you want quick flashy pew pew bang bang game its for you but does not offer anything else.
  33. May 27, 2019
    Another half@ssed boring game coming out of Avalanche Studios. I literally can't even will myself to continue to play it because it's so boring. This game is nothing but a cash grab and I completely regret spending 60 dollars on this ripoff.
  34. May 20, 2019
    Good gunplay and the car combat is fun, but:

Very repetitive open world activities. Go to a camp eliminate everyone, repeat.
    Very repetitive enemies, pretty much Goons everywhere. And the same big mutant at the end of 90% of missions.
    Story is cheap and hollow.
  35. May 24, 2019
    I really wanted to like this game, i did ... but the game just kept getting worse. The gunplay is really fun but everything else is boring and blend. This game has about 10 main missions .. srsly ?
    The rest is: go to the place, kill smth, come back and HEY u are at the end. And jesus christ the ending... cant believe its so bad after they mocked themselfs in the trailer for the bad ending from the first game.
  36. May 24, 2019
    Pros: Shooting, killing, music, abilities.
    Cons: Driving, Travelling.
    The shooting and killing in this game is really fun and feels/looks good. You can really see the DOOM influences in there. That goes with the music with the same vibe as DOOM. I liked the abilities as well, although it could have been a lot easier to use. (I don't like to press a lot of buttons while mid-fight) I
    Pros: Shooting, killing, music, abilities.
    Cons: Driving, Travelling.

I really hated the driving and travelling to new places. Because the map is fairly big, I'd like to see more Fast Travel points over the map. If you have finished a certain point in a game, like a bandit camp or some sort, let me Fast Travel there in the future. I think that's why I finished the game without discovering 2 weapons. Luckily the story wasn't too long, to keep my attention to the game.
  37. May 19, 2019
    I never played Rage 1 but i played DOOM (the last one). In this case I dont know waht Rage shute be as a game but i know how a good DOOM like shooter shute feel. And yes it dose feel great as a shooter and it have waht you need to put a view houers in it. But working good as a shooter is sadly not good enough. I still have soundbugs that makes the game impossibel to play with sound. TheI never played Rage 1 but i played DOOM (the last one). In this case I dont know waht Rage shute be as a game but i know how a good DOOM like shooter shute feel. And yes it dose feel great as a shooter and it have waht you need to put a view houers in it. But working good as a shooter is sadly not good enough. I still have soundbugs that makes the game impossibel to play with sound. The Menu is not well maid and the controlls dosent feel rly well. The GPS only wokrs in cars and stops 40 meter befor the coal. Soundtrack is awesome. Grafik is ok, You can have a fun time with the game if can look over some weaknesses and like this typ of games. Expand
  38. May 24, 2019
    Rage 2 is a decent action game. Shooting is fun, abilities are fun and the gameplay overall in this game is fun. But it sure has its problems. First of all the story. Not gonna spoil anything, but the story is just short and pretty forgettable. But that doesn't really bother me since this game is mostly about the gameplay. But this game feels so lacking and unfinished. Some characters missRage 2 is a decent action game. Shooting is fun, abilities are fun and the gameplay overall in this game is fun. But it sure has its problems. First of all the story. Not gonna spoil anything, but the story is just short and pretty forgettable. But that doesn't really bother me since this game is mostly about the gameplay. But this game feels so lacking and unfinished. Some characters miss voicelines and it has some bugs in it. It also runs out of content too fast. They should have delayed the launch of this game and fill it with more content and fix the bugs. I'm gonna give this a solid 6/10. It's an alright game where you can just stop thinking and slaughter your enemies mindlessly. But if you want more than that, I can't recommend this. I hope the game developers would give us free updates that add more content to the game in the future, but since Bethesda has downgraded over the years, I don't think it's going to happen at least for free. But still, I really hope they would do that, because this game could be made much better than it is right now. Expand
  39. May 18, 2019
    I bought this having played the first one and expecting something similar. I guess it is similar but certainly not the same kind of game. I really liked Rage 1, and the way that it was structured that it was mostly story missions. Most of all the game had a really nice atmosphere and post apocalyptic feel to it.

The problem with Rage 2 is that it makes the open world experience the main

The problem with Rage 2 is that it makes the open world experience the main game. Except for grinding the encounters found in the open world, there are only a few story missions. That's really lazy game development especially since the open world experience is so dull here. In order for an open world game to work you need it to be "fun" to explore the world and find things, like in Zelda BoTW and the GTA games. Avalanche Studios claim to be experts on open world, but this game certainly isn't a good example.

I would've preferred a more story-driven game, the story that is in there now is very forgettable and tedious, thank heavens that you can skip it though which I found myself doing often. Like everyone is saying, the gun play *is* good, but even that gets repetitive towards the end of the game since there aren't that many different enemies and the game is not hard even on the difficulty with that name.

It's sad to have this missed opportunity considering the amount of money and man hours that went into making this game. At the end of the day, people play computer games to have fun and escape, a game can't just be "go there, kill those enemies, collect that", rinse and repeat.
  40. Jun 8, 2019
    Fantastic graphics, and probably the best fist person shooter combat I have ever played.
    However, the story and setting are just plain horrible.
    I skipped all of the cut-scenes, and it was a chore to play through the campaign. (which I actually did complete) There were some really frustrating missions - particularly involving the driving, and the boss-fights. The fun was in taking
    However, the story and setting are just plain horrible.
    The fun was in taking down the bandit-camps, using the special abilities and the sheer speed of the game play.
    Finished the campaign and more in 14 hours.
  41. Jun 7, 2019
    I initially thought this game was a 9, but after beating it, it's a 6. Main missions only add up to 7 hrs gameplay and the last 2 missions are boring. The side missions are all the same. The game runs well, but is poorly designed. A real shame.
  42. Jul 19, 2019
    Main evaluation criteria:
    -Story: 4
    -Atmosphere: 5 -Characters: 4 -Graphics and design: 7 -Gameplay: 9 -Sound and Music: 7 -Bugs: 8 -Interface: 8 -Completeness of the world: 2 Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment): -Freedom of choice: 0 -Coop in Story mode: 0 -Multiplayer: 0 -Mods and the ability to change the game: 0 Scores from 1 to 10,
    Main evaluation criteria:
    -Sound and Music: 7
    -Bugs: 8
    -Interface: 8
    -Completeness of the world: 2

Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment):
    -Freedom of choice: 0
    -Coop in Story mode: 0
    -Multiplayer: 0
    -Mods and the ability to change the game: 0

Scores from 1 to 10, the higher the better
  43. Jun 13, 2019
    Pros:

Great weapons and weapon buffs Battles are always fun Cons: Thinly spread and overly complicated upgrade systems Bugs (Eg: saving the same freezes it sometimes) Weak Story and Characters You can only upgrade one vehicle (the rest are just fluff) Lacks enemy diversity I know I've listed a lot more cons than pros here, but this really is a fun game to play. I just wish
    Pros:

Great weapons and weapon buffs
    Battles are always fun

Cons:

Thinly spread and overly complicated upgrade systems
    Bugs (Eg: saving the same freezes it sometimes)
    Weak Story and Characters
    You can only upgrade one vehicle (the rest are just fluff)
    Lacks enemy diversity

I know I've listed a lot more cons than pros here, but this really is a fun game to play. I just wish they had a more interesting and engaging story/character roster.

If you can get this game for under $40 then I'd say go for it.
  44. May 18, 2019
    They took the worst aspects of Just Cause series and implemented them into gameplay. And the end result is a disaster.
  45. Jul 6, 2019
    Игра просто средненькая и с пометкой "на любителя", я пытался написать этот обзор большим и с конкретикой но за что бы я не брался получалась каша из терминов и объяснений, практически всё что вы увидите по геймплую даже не столько прямо очень плохо, сколько очень спорно.
    Вообщем это обычный проходняк, если хотите какой-нибудь современный динамичный FPS то лучше поиграйте в DOOM 2016 года.
  46. May 20, 2019
    RAGE 2 suffers from a few major faults, like a story that is as if it was deliberately designed to be a generic parody of itself, a relatively lifeless open world, unmemorable characters, and a handful of bugs that forced me to restart my game

BUT, this game has the most tactile, responsive, exciting, and re-playable first person gunplay and combat of many years, competing with the likes of Doom (2016) and Titanfall. It is so fantastic that the overwhelming "meh" of the rest of the game is completely overshadowed and often forgotten, as Rage 2 will keep you coming back for many, many hours.
  47. Jul 22, 2019
    May just be one of the worst game of all time.
    The world is boring as hell.
    The game is not optimized at all, it runs like ****
    The story is dull and just bad.
    The game feels super buggy and the controls are just terrible.
    I believe Avalanche Studies might be one of the most non-skilled video game devs on the market.
  48. Jul 8, 2019
    Pra mim é um Doom Open World, curti o game é divertido é legal, gostei dos gráficos e das armas, a historia é simples , mas comprei o jogo pela diversão e não pela historia , pra mim foi uma otima compra pois curto jogos FPS raiz. Essa pequena resenha é para os BR's os gringos que vão toma no cu.

1. Aug 1, 2019
    We have to admit that the single player in this game has no potential. Not everyone wants to play all day long, exploring the map, like in Fallout – it just gets boring. Rage 2 could become a perfect Battle Royale experience or pretty simple MMO, but as the game, designed for single player walkthrough, it can keep your interest only for a couple of evenings, perhaps forcing you to come back from time to time to explore all corners of this world.
  2. Jun 28, 2019
    Rage 2 can be an enjoyable experience… to a certain extent. Unfortunately, you will hit that wall in just a few hours.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Jun 26, 2019
    Beautiful and varied world, high-speed vehicle combat, fine-tuned gunfights - on its own, every aspect of this game is great. But Rage 2 as a whole is somehow less than sum of its parts. [Issue#238, p.34]