9.0

1. Jan 25, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

Capcom has really done it with this amazing masterpiece and have gained themselves the title of King of Remakes!! This game is absolutely what I could've asked for. It has got RE4's view that actually fits perfectly! This game is a must play for everybody!!!
  2. Feb 14, 2019
    pros:
    - physics and character animation
    - sound - graphics (in general) - well-implemented difficulty system (in general) - 4th survivor cons: - minimum difference between scenario B compared to A - invincible Tyrant when playing for Leon and complete sh*t when playing for Claire - in next time, make sure that your antagonist does not get 5-6 bullets in the chest and in so doing
    pros:
    - physics and character animation
    - sound
    - graphics (in general)
    - well-implemented difficulty system (in general)
    - 4th survivor

cons:
    - minimum difference between scenario B compared to A
    - in next time, make sure that your antagonist does not get 5-6 bullets in the chest and in so doing one of which hits in the heart, and then gets up and injects himself G-virus
    - in next time don't create characters, which not able to just push away enemies, but opening the neck for a bite.
    - Brightness. Or too bright, or too dark, what did your testers and devs do?

Nevertheless remake not bad. Now gamers are waiting from you remakes of Resident Evil 3 and Dino Crisis.
  3. Sep 22, 2019
    Capcom shines like never before, with the release of monster hunter world, dmc v and so Resident evil 2
  4. Oct 16, 2019
    RE2 remake is not only a tribute to the saga, but also a teaching of how to make a remake. The only downside of this remake is the narrative dissonance that the two campaigns present, something that the original did better.
  5. Oct 27, 2019
    Идеальный ремейк. Жду ремейка третей части!!!
  6. Nov 2, 2019
    I'm beyond impressed with this remake. Amazing in almost every respect. Graphically fantastic and UI is clean and easy to use even in stressful situations. Harder difficulties are still fun.
  7. Nov 7, 2019
    El juego es perfecto para los fans del resident evil y el motor grafico es muy bueno y la ejecución del juego es buena dandote emoción desde el principio, es una obra maestra es una buena compra ya que funciona en 4k en consola y en pc corre hasta con 1gb de video ram.
  8. Nov 19, 2019
    This game is very good. I really enjoyed the original, but I really love what they've done with the remake. it's not a 1:1 recreation and there are some features that I really miss, like how Claire and Leon interacted more in the original but I'm happy to see Resident Evil returning to its horror roots. The atmosphere is oppressive and it's stressful to play through, the sound design isThis game is very good. I really enjoyed the original, but I really love what they've done with the remake. it's not a 1:1 recreation and there are some features that I really miss, like how Claire and Leon interacted more in the original but I'm happy to see Resident Evil returning to its horror roots. The atmosphere is oppressive and it's stressful to play through, the sound design is amazing in regards to the Tyrant. You can hear where he is in the building just by listening to his footsteps. Resident Evil 2 is very fun and I can't wait to see what they do for the Resident Evil 3 remake Expand
  9. Jan 8, 2020
    Шикарный ремейк, шикарная атмосфера, классные зомби, импакт от стрельбы, интересно исследовать мир, жаль только битвы с боссами выглядят так себе, ну и Тиран просто шикарен)
  10. Oct 26, 2019
    The best remaster of the game ever created, it remains to wait for part 3. Passed with pleasure 4 times.
  11. Jan 7, 2020
    This game turned me from someone who enjoyed Resident Evil into a super fan. I never actually played the original, but I'm so glad they took this game in the direction they did, the over-the-shoulder perspective gives you the best of both action and horror, and it lets you appreciate the gorgeous visuals on display. RE2 will stick with me for a long time, especially as it was my firstThis game turned me from someone who enjoyed Resident Evil into a super fan. I never actually played the original, but I'm so glad they took this game in the direction they did, the over-the-shoulder perspective gives you the best of both action and horror, and it lets you appreciate the gorgeous visuals on display. RE2 will stick with me for a long time, especially as it was my first foray into speedrunning, the ability to replay something that took eight to ten hours in only one is exhilarating and a testament to its replayability.

Absolutely a contender for my 2019 GOTY, and a game I can't recommend enough.
  12. Mar 27, 2020
    Super scary, amazing story, really fun puzzles, great characters, fun gun play and an amazing remake!

A must buy for anyone looking for all these things
  13. Jan 23, 2020
    The game is excellent but the keyboard controls aren't the best. The controls on keyboard can be a bit weird at times so I recommend that you have a controller plugged in for the best experience.
  14. Sep 17, 2019
    Oh yes Capcom shove me just such remakes and I will give you $ 60 every year, this is what I understand is a remake of not setting new screen resolutions in the settings and pulling up textures is a full game based on another game ... bravo I want more ...
    Super waiting for Nemesis + Dino Crisis .....
  15. Jul 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just Finished This game and I could not wait to shout it's praises from the high heavens. I was itching for an experience that RE 2 provided me and then some.

First things first 'Claire FTW...' I feel I enjoyed Claire's second run play through a bit more than Leon's, but I am certain it was because of the grenade launcher as Claire felt like an absolute bad ass, rightly so being the sister of Chris. Kinda makes sense.This game did for me in regards to Claire what RE 4 did in regards to Leon. i.e; made me love Claire and recognize her as a strong character.
    This is not saying Leon's Campaign was any less of a positive experience in itself, since I did not know what to expect around the next turn during the entirety of my first run, I had knots in my stomach. Really really fun knots.
    Capcom was in a bit of a slump but seem to be making a much needed comeback in the past few years.

Please Give me more of THIS Capcom.... Experiences like the one RE 2 Remake provides is one of the reasons I fell in Love with Gaming. It feels legendary.

Though one small gripe I have is both Leon and Claire's Play through is, it is more of their own thing rather than two sides of the same coin. I would have loved to see both the First and Second Run intertwine more, with our protagonists to meet/run into each other than cut-scenes and a proper parallel story line. The interconnecting stories and how it affected the world was the only thing I actually liked from RE 6 and it should have been carried over here.
    But as I said it is a minor nitpick in the face of the absolute gorgeous visuals, competent story line and downright amazing game play I have experienced.

An absolute Gem of a beloved classic.
  16. Dec 30, 2019
    Re 98` vs Re 19`. All are the winners. Thanx for making this game. Play it A.S.A.P. if you haven`t done it yet.
  17. Jan 31, 2020
    Capcom yet again impresses with a game that is made with love and care. You're not safe anywhere you go and thats how it should be. Remakes are hard to pull off and Capcom is prooving how easy it is to do.

Physics, animation, sound, graphics, and story are nothing short of a masterpiece
  18. Feb 22, 2020
    Very clean and proper without any form of amateur content. Graphics, story, gameplay, puzzles and especially character progression all beautifully made.
  19. Dec 23, 2019
    A world-class experience. Love the characters, love the storytelling, love the graphics and sound, love the cutscenes. Very fun and challenging puzzles to solve. Great achievements to obtain. And "Extra Modes" is good end-game content. Without a doubt the Game of the Year 2019. So far the best Resident Evil games are Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Revelations 2A world-class experience. Love the characters, love the storytelling, love the graphics and sound, love the cutscenes. Very fun and challenging puzzles to solve. Great achievements to obtain. And "Extra Modes" is good end-game content. Without a doubt the Game of the Year 2019. So far the best Resident Evil games are Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and Resident Evil 2 (remake). Expand
  20. Feb 16, 2020
    Что можно сказать о "Resident Evil 2: Remake"? Игра отличная, сюжет очень интересен, хотя и не хватает изменений во втором прохождении, на мой взгляд. Как будто по новой переигрываешь, но интересно вставили возможность поиграть за маленькую девочку.
    Атмосфера игры - основное из её преимуществ. Нет огромного количества скримеров, а те, которые присутствуют, отлично дополняют приятное «напряжение» от игры!
    Очень порадовала графика, прорисовка деталей.
    В целом, игра хорошая. Не жалею о времени, проведённом за игрой. Всем любителям данного жанра искренне рекомендую!
  21. Jul 26, 2019
    I remember the day when Resident Evil 2 was released back then. But I never had a chance to finish the game, because I was too scared to play.

This time I was an adult, I was ready, it was the remastered version. And for the first time in a decade, I found NOTHING to complain about. This game is a masterpiece. They simply followed the story, remastered the game with new graphics and

This game is a masterpiece. They simply followed the story, remastered the game with new graphics and modern features like the following camera and so on.
    Good job. This is what I expect from the remastered games. If you doubt whether to experiment, just follow the old pattern. And you win.
  22. Jan 7, 2020
    Excellent remake. Captures everything good from the original. Keep it up capcom
  23. Nov 19, 2019
    Game of the year of 2019 no doubts. Back to over the shoulder formula of RE 4-5-6 with the atmosphere of the first 3 games. Top.
  24. Jun 3, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

25. Jul 18, 2019
    This game is so awesome! I would have never thought that it could be brought into the current time so well. It did not lose it's flair from the end-90's, but it also doesn't feel outdated game-mechanic-wise. The sound and graphics are absolutely awesome, and the script is well-written and - from my memory - very close to the original. I've never felt nostalgia and was impressed at the sameThis game is so awesome! I would have never thought that it could be brought into the current time so well. It did not lose it's flair from the end-90's, but it also doesn't feel outdated game-mechanic-wise. The sound and graphics are absolutely awesome, and the script is well-written and - from my memory - very close to the original. I've never felt nostalgia and was impressed at the same time so much. Expand
  26. Jul 23, 2019
    I am one of the RESIDENT EVIL series fans.
    I played Resident evil 2 (1998) and now i played this and i think this is so better than the main game.the graphics and gameplay and everything is so amazing.
  27. Aug 24, 2019
    Game of the year awards goes to this game as of August, 2019. It's a remake of a horror masterpiece but what a remake this became! And this is coming from someone who hates horror games, movies, books. The graphics and sounds make a great atmosphere, Exploring and surviving around the police station is difficult and fun enough to make you replay the game on the other story lines too (thereGame of the year awards goes to this game as of August, 2019. It's a remake of a horror masterpiece but what a remake this became! And this is coming from someone who hates horror games, movies, books. The graphics and sounds make a great atmosphere, Exploring and surviving around the police station is difficult and fun enough to make you replay the game on the other story lines too (there are 2 for both character). I don't mind companies remaking older titles but RE2 has set the bar really high and we can wish others will try to reach it. Expand
  28. Feb 3, 2020
    I never played RE2 and was really looking forward to finally play it once it got this awesome remake.

That being said, I enjoyed everything this game had to offer. The story, the characters, the action, the tension and the graphics. Everything is 10/10. Sadly, for me, it is a little short. I know I know, it comes from an era when games have been that way but still, I had hoped Capcom had added some additional content. The second run is never my style since I hate to replay games as soon as i finished them. I know it has some different parts and slightly different story but all in all it has a lot of the scenery recycled. To me, that is a downside but I can see why people like the different perspectives of the playthroughs.
    Other than that, I have no complains whatsoever. It was a really good game.
  29. Mar 30, 2020
    Much like RE:Remake, this title effectively captures the satisfaction of slowly and sequentially going through objectives and planning out your little adventures. Resource management in hardcore mode is also mostly enjoyable (although like previous games I always end up with too many resources by the end). Visuals and atmosphere aren't quite as gorgeous as RE:Remake but otherwise the gameMuch like RE:Remake, this title effectively captures the satisfaction of slowly and sequentially going through objectives and planning out your little adventures. Resource management in hardcore mode is also mostly enjoyable (although like previous games I always end up with too many resources by the end). Visuals and atmosphere aren't quite as gorgeous as RE:Remake but otherwise the game is pretty.
    Main issues, Mr X and the William are outrageously dull and annoying to deal with. Mr X is scary for a whole 3 seconds when he first shows up, after that he is just a time waster. None of the boss fights are tense, scary or challenging in a satisfying way. While these issues are fine during the first playthrough, they really hurt my motivation to finish my subsequent playthroughs, knowing these tedious affairs will be my reward for making it through the acts. Lacking boss fights has been an issue with RE games and this title doesn't rectify this unfortunately.
  30. Nov 20, 2019
    The best remake ever made.

The game is a MASTERPIECE which managed to be as good as the original even though it changed many aspects of the original story (which is great). Everything is so beautiful, even the feeling of walking the redone RPD is amazing. You can see from afar the affection that the developers put in such a classic game.

GOTY 2019
  31. Nov 24, 2019
    Além de ter resgatado as origens da série Residente, esse jogo foi mais alem, adicionando conteúdo inédito, gráfico fora de série, ótima jogabilidade, história excelente e o jogador fica o tempo todo apreensivo!
  32. Mar 17, 2020
    The perfect remake and one of the best games in its genre.The atmosphere was especially good
  33. Dec 9, 2019
    A joy to play through again and again. Great plot to gameplay ratio with 4 variations on the main story and lots of extra content. A must buy for anyone with a high-end PC to appreciate the excessive attention to detail. Best thing for a newcomer is to not search the internet about this game before playing. Keep it all a surprise and you won't be disappointed.
  34. Jan 31, 2020
    a very well made remake. this game is the perfect example on how to remake a whole game from scratch, without destroying the heart and soul of the original.
  35. Feb 19, 2020
    Absolutely fantastic game. I never played the original (I was only 5 when it released), but have seen videos of it. They have completely overhauled everything. Graphics and sound are astounding, the over-the-shoulder third person view is an improvement over the original as well. Also the Tyrant is one scary piece of.....
  36. Apr 6, 2020
    This game is great. An example of how remakes should be done. It changes many things from the original but still feels like Resident Evil 2. Gameplay is good, graphics are amazing, I like the story and characters and it has a lot of replay value with extra modes and different campaigns.

The negatives are mainly missed opportunities, specially the lack of differentiation and interconnection of the four routes.
  37. Apr 8, 2020
    Muy buena adaptación del Resident Evil 2 Original. No es perfecto porque a nivel de historia, el original sigue siendo más completo y tiene más rejugabilidad.

-Graficamente es de sobresaliente. Maravilloso. -El sonido es espectacular, aunque tiene menos piezas que el original y si quieres algunas de las canciones del original tienes que pagar un dlc aparte... -La história esta muy

-Graficamente es de sobresaliente. Maravilloso.
    -La história esta muy bien adaptada, pero sigue siendo mejor la del original, ya que tiene mayor rejugabilidad en los escenarios B.
    -La nueva jugabilidad aporta mucha más inmersión que el juego original, y da un nuevo enfoque a la historia. Han conseguido un buen balance entre acción, suspense, terror, resolución de puzzles e investigación.

Muy Recomendable y complementa perfectamente el juego original de 1998.
  38. Jul 23, 2020
    This game sets an example on how to remake a great classic game that feels fresh and at the same time nostalgic.
  39. Jan 17, 2020
    My first game of the resident evil saga, I had never tried the survival horror genre before, and this game was a good start, good puzzles not so far-fetched and not impossible, good story and character development, good graphics and good lighting, I was fascinated with the game and I look forward to the resident evil 3 remake, in the meantime I will give a chance to resident evil 1 hd remaster
  40. Apr 18, 2020
    An almost perfect up date to a survival horror classic. All around great game with only small problems.
  41. Sep 16, 2020
    I played my first horror game thanks to Resident Evil 2 Remake. Challenging puzzles, great story (especially Claire's), scary dark atmosphere of police station and graphics was beyond my expectations. The campaign was actually too short, but The 2nd Run system (playing with both Claire and Leon) makes it up really well.
    (September 2020)
  42. Jul 19, 2020
    RE2 Remake é sem duvida um dos melhores da franquia Resident Evil, além disso tem um ótimo gameplay e gráficos de acordo com sua geração. Para um masterpiece só faltou mais iteração com os cenários, uma mecânica mais fluida do personagem e é claro, uma história épica de zumbis.
  43. Dec 24, 2019
    This game is more than what i expected, just launching it brought back lots of fund memories i had of the old one, best thing of it all this game some how manages to be even scarier maybe it has something to do with how beautiful the RE engine looks and making everything look amazingly gorgeous and creepy like the lickers, i hated those damn things but this made me hate them even more.This game is more than what i expected, just launching it brought back lots of fund memories i had of the old one, best thing of it all this game some how manages to be even scarier maybe it has something to do with how beautiful the RE engine looks and making everything look amazingly gorgeous and creepy like the lickers, i hated those damn things but this made me hate them even more.
    highly recommend picking it up since its so great so far and really well optimized i haven't drop below 60fps even with everything set to max at 4K and that's saying a lot since i cant say that for some other games that I'm with my 2080ti.
  44. Feb 1, 2020
    hi, this game is one of my favorite games, Claire Red field is my favorite character of this game, good job cap com.
  45. Feb 2, 2020
    Even for someone like me who isn't a fan of either RE games or horror in general, it was a very fun, well crafted experience. It's very exciting on your first runs, and gets an extra depth when played on its hardest difficulty.
    If there's any flaw I can find, it's that the scenarios are a bit too similar to warrant going through the game 4 times. However, if you're someone who'd replay the game multiple times anyway, even they become a fine addition.
  46. May 6, 2020
    Going into the Resident Evil 2 remake I didn't have very high expectations. I havn't played that much of the previous Resident Evil games and was expecting this one to be a 7 at best that fans were raving over because fanboys be fanboys. I'm happy to say that I couldn't be more wrong. The game looks and sounds amazing. The puzzles, although quite simple, were still enjoyable. They made theGoing into the Resident Evil 2 remake I didn't have very high expectations. I havn't played that much of the previous Resident Evil games and was expecting this one to be a 7 at best that fans were raving over because fanboys be fanboys. I'm happy to say that I couldn't be more wrong. The game looks and sounds amazing. The puzzles, although quite simple, were still enjoyable. They made the guns feel like they pack a punch while also making zombies hard to kill, avoiding the pitfall of making the guns feel like they're shooting pellets. My only complaint is that I personally had some stuttering issues (although most people say the game runs like a dream so its probably a problem on my end). Amazing game that went above and beyond my expectations. Definitely one of the best of 2019! Expand
  47. Apr 14, 2020
    Лучшая часть во франшизе RE. Я не все части проходил, но прошел 0, 1, 4, 5, 7, а у 2-ой, 3-ей, Code Veronica, полностью прочитал и просмотрел сюжет, так как в свое время я их не застал, а проходить сейчас с этим тракторным управлением не хочется, но мб когда-нибудь. RE3 Remake обойдем стороной, как будто его вообще не существует, я его еще не проходил. Короче, игра шикарная: бэктрекинг,Лучшая часть во франшизе RE. Я не все части проходил, но прошел 0, 1, 4, 5, 7, а у 2-ой, 3-ей, Code Veronica, полностью прочитал и просмотрел сюжет, так как в свое время я их не застал, а проходить сейчас с этим тракторным управлением не хочется, но мб когда-нибудь. RE3 Remake обойдем стороной, как будто его вообще не существует, я его еще не проходил. Короче, игра шикарная: бэктрекинг, головоломки, ленты сохранений, более менее некринжовый научно-фантастический сюжет, в общем все как у оригинала и у 1-й части. А так же из нового: крутой графон, хорошее звуковое сопровождение, отличный редизайн персонажей (я просто посмотрел, как выглядели Клэр и Леон во всяких 6-ых и Revelations 2...), Мистер X, манящая атмосфера, немного переработанный в лучшую сторону сюжет. Короче, чем игра хороша, уже рассказали по 500 раз. Про плохую сторону медали люди говорили реже. Но у игры есть несколько недостатков, которые меня просто вымораживают и не дают поставить почти заслуженную 10/10. В общем, эти минусы кроятся в сюжете и лоре. В оригинальной RE2 было что-то похожее на пересечение сценариев, когда действие, совершенное игроком в сценарии А, влияло на происходящее в сценарии Б. Хотя и там полно такого, что вам приходится в разных сценариях за разных персонажей крутить один и тот же вентиль, и т. д. Так вот, в ремейке вообще нет никакой взаимосвязи между сценариями, кроме нескольких катсцен. Причем все попытки выстроить эту взаимосвязь в голове ни к чему не приводят, ведь здесь не то, что таймлайны не совпадают, это вообще параллельные вселенные. Ибо, мы валим одних и тех же боссов, разгадываем одни и те же загадки, ходим по тем же самым локациям (за исключением пару мест, где разрабы сделали уникальные мини-локи для каждого персонажа). А ведь можно было выстроить крутые пересечения, которые бы и дополняли историю, и показывали сценарное мастерство разработчиков, и предоставляли игрокам новый контент. Для этого, как минимум, надо было бы сделать альтернативные пути для каждого из сценариев, т.е сделать уникальные головоломки, уникальные локации для каждого из них, чтобы было понятно, что Леон делал в это время одно, а Клэр - другое, и время от времени показывать как наши действия влияют на другого персонажа. Особенно ТУПО, что разрабы так сделали когда-то в DLC Separate Ways для RE4, где в целом было реализовано то, о чем я говорю (с косячками, но было). Тут же, вообще ничего нет. В общем, это халтура. Увы, пересечений сюжетов нет, и это очень расстраивает. Очень. Согласитесь, если сценарии были бы по-настоящему другими и проработанными, было бы еще круче, а у игры и так вроде неплохой рейтинг, даже с учетом этой вот фигни. На самом деле серьезный недостаток, но в остальном игра очень крутая. В общем как-то так. Спасибо, что прочитали, если прочитали. Expand
  48. Apr 14, 2020
    Este sim ficou um remake de qualidade! Gostei bastante deste game! Gráficos, história, jogabilidade, etc. Tudo ótimo!
  49. May 6, 2020
    A great remaster of one of the best survival horror shooter games. If you're a resident evil fan, you'll love this.
  50. May 7, 2020
    I was impressed by this remake, really well done and fun to play. The atmosphere is well recreated, and the gameplay is quite smooth. I must say the zombies are the best seen in a videogame, also good character voices and sounds. Great job Capcom!
  51. Jun 22, 2020
    Resident Evil 2: Remake funciona como un divertido juego de acción / zombie y lleno de tensión, horror de supervivencia, ya que estarás constantemente alerta, ya que los zombis irrumpirán por las puertas y ventanas para probar tu deliciosa carne carnosa. La historia también es bastante fácil de entender para que cualquiera pueda sumergirse sin ningún conocimiento previo de quiénes sonResident Evil 2: Remake funciona como un divertido juego de acción / zombie y lleno de tensión, horror de supervivencia, ya que estarás constantemente alerta, ya que los zombis irrumpirán por las puertas y ventanas para probar tu deliciosa carne carnosa. La historia también es bastante fácil de entender para que cualquiera pueda sumergirse sin ningún conocimiento previo de quiénes son estas personas y cómo se encuentran en la franquicia. Expand
  52. Sep 14, 2020
    Not a remaster, not a remake, but something much better. It's a whole reimagination of the 1998 game, that stays true to its original material, but makes it sensible in 2019/2020. It knows that the mysterious world of Raccoon City is gripping enough to make a player really want to solve all its old-school mysteries, even though at any moment another zombie might come out of the corner inNot a remaster, not a remake, but something much better. It's a whole reimagination of the 1998 game, that stays true to its original material, but makes it sensible in 2019/2020. It knows that the mysterious world of Raccoon City is gripping enough to make a player really want to solve all its old-school mysteries, even though at any moment another zombie might come out of the corner in search of human flesh. It knows that the real horrors are the ones happening in human brain, and it capitalizes on that perfectly. I hate horror games with all my might but I just couldn't get enough of this one, with its survival elements that add a whole another layer to it.
    As for any downsides, I wish the gameplay on the 2nd run had more differences at least in the story, so when we put it together it actually starts to make sense, and so it isn't just a iteration of the previously played one.
    I absolutely loved this game and with this one they've got a new fan in me.
  53. Jun 18, 2019
    The best game I have played in 2019 till now.. I am so enthusiastic for RE3 remake & Dino Crisis remake
  54. Sep 20, 2019
    Pienso que este será el GOTY 2019, si no lo gana no importa, para mi seguirá siendo uno de los mejores juegos de la historia.
  55. Mar 5, 2019
    A Masterpiece of a Remake made by Capcom
    The RE Engine really brings the old game to a new Atmosphere to the next level
    and the optimization to PC is well optimized

my only nitpick on this game is that the link between Leon and Claire doesn't make sense, but overall a must buy and a must play at full price
    i can't wait for capcom to make RE3 Remake in the Future
  56. Feb 28, 2019
    breathtaking graphics and voice quality with perfect presentation combine with re playeble story modes this game is the best of 2019 no doubt.
  57. Mar 1, 2019
    IMPECABLE! Un juego muy completo. Tiene unos buenos graficos, buenas escenas, es muy disfrutable la jugabilidad, hay momentos en donde te la pasas angustiado y sectores con miedo. Genera diferentes emociones este juego y el recorrido de la historia es muy buena. Para mí ya es un clásico, muy recomendado.
  58. Mar 9, 2019
    The game is awesome the way it is. If the B-side were more different than the A-side, the game would be the best Resident Evil ever made, certainly the game of the year, but it acts like the first remake, with 2 different characters living the same nightmare with different perspectives, which is also an excellent game design.
    Not overpriced, made with love and care for the fans of the
    Not overpriced, made with love and care for the fans of the game. Absolutely recommended.
  59. Mar 8, 2019
    This is a MUST buy for sure! It's the classic Resident Evil with such an upgrade!
  60. Mar 9, 2019
    A refreshing and well made remake of a classic.

A refreshing and well made remake of a classic.

One of my biggest childhood memories is my uncle playing Resident Evil 2 with my dad and one of our neighbor, so i wanted to play the remake, i wasn't hyped at all due to my disappointment with another game, i thought that would be another blend game made just for sell... but damn, when i started playing i saw the love and the effort put to made a good game.

The enemies are great, and i think that was a wise decision to cut some enemies from the game and adapt others, after all a remake doesn't need to be a 1 - 1 adaptation. The atmosphere is at its finest, sometimes you'll feel very scared and apprehensive, and other times on a adrenaline rush to survive or on the edge of your seat trying to survive. The soundtrack is amazing, putting emotions in you and helping the immersion to work. The controls and mechanics are modern which i loved so much, trying to put the series on a next level, and for me, worked completely. The puzzles are in a medium difficulty, which is good because the game is targeted to the mainstream public, so not so many people will find them too easy neither too hard. The Ending is a plus one, because i felt that it really shift your mood when you get there, all the tension that was built up through the game is ended there, giving you a great relief sensation. The design quality of the overall game is stunning, i don't want to spoil something, so i wont give details.

I've only good said good thing about the game, and then you think, "what's up with this game? it has no flaws?", like everything is this world, it has, but is not THAT flaw, is that acceptable flaw which you'd wished it was different, but its okay. I took some time to say that and also separated of the paragraph above to show why it didn't impact the final score. So here it is. The plot... some article somewhere in the Internet, before the launch, gave the idea that the game would have two COMPLETELY distinct story lines, but when you play, they are distinct indeed, you go to places in a different order, the objectives of each character is different, and both of them have a unique side partner with a unique mission on a part of map only for them, but also you go to the routes never seeing almost never seeing each other and fight with the almost the same bosses that "die" in the same way which, plot-wise, is pretty contradictory, but this is just a mere detail, cause you still got different cut-scenes to the beginning of the fight with the bosses and some interactions.

I already played +100 hours and im willing to play another, really made that child back there proud. For this and that i consider this game a masterpiece and a real 10/10.
  61. Mar 9, 2019
    This must be one of the best Resident Evil game , the best after RE4. Whatever it is masterpiece , the graphic , sounds , 60fps,everything is amazing ...................................................
  62. Aug 27, 2019
    This for sure is the best pc game of 2019 and game of the year 2019 too!!!

I hope :)
  63. Nov 18, 2019
    Resident Evil 2, sin palabras es una obra maestra en la máxima expresión! Y es por mucho el mejor juego del año!
  64. Sep 20, 2019
    Game of 2019 so far:
    + Fantastic remake
    + High quality production in all aspects
    + Very enjoyable with a great replay value and lots of content.
    + Probably the best zombie game ever. The zombie design, details, animations and graphics are easily the best of all time.
    - The B scenarios could have been a bit more different.

Still an incredible game and everyone should play it. 10/10
  65. Feb 10, 2019
    Resident Evil is a series that passed me by when I was a kid and the series was at its peak. I played one of the early games back in the day but never finished it because I struggled with the controls and camera. I decided to try out Resident Evil 2 because I saw a playthrough on YouTube and I’m glad I did.
    The game has received a massive Graphical overhaul and although it stays true to the original game there is a whole new section and monster to deal with whilst the tension and atmosphere feel fresh. I’ve never played a game with such a sense of hopelessness before as my resources dwindle.

You can play through RE2 with either Leon or Claire and whilst both playthroughs will take place in the same setting there are differences to each. It’s well worth playing through both possibly multiple times. Zombies are very well done in RE2 as are the rest of the monster roster with varying degrees of difficulty and ways of bringing them down. The quiet moments of the game get your heart pounding as you edge your way through the darkness. The narrative is well done and whilst it maintains some of the cheesiness of the originals it feels very up to date in this remake.
    RE2 look stunning. The dark areas are proper dark, and the map is filled with detail. The animations are fluid and believable and the map in general just feels believable. The puzzles are meaningful and the added stress of worrying about the resident ghoulies really sees you making some funny errors even in the simplest of tasks. The 3rd person camera feels great and the character models nicely detailed. Performance wise RE2 never put a foot wrong.
    Playthrough on the normal difficulty took me between 7 and 8 hours for each character and I definitely see replay value as I am sure I’ll be playing through again. Capcom show here how a remake should be done and I hope they give some of their other games similar treatment.
  66. Feb 1, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 no deja de ser un remake, pero tampoco un enorme trabajo de adaptación y, sobre todo, renovación. Mejor dicho, Capcom innova en cómo remasterizar un juego. El matiz resulta muy distinto al de la obra original, sin salirse ni un segundo de su intención primera.

El compás del avance es excelente. El viaje desde un ambiente seguros a otro destila incertidumbre. La generación de empatía con los protagonistas se profundiza en diálogos y scripts. Los zombies surgen destrozados pero amenazantes. La propia comisaría expone algo único.

La segunda entrega de la serie recibe una transformación que, casi 21 años después, la colocan nuevamente en el podio del gaming. Si fuesen películas, la de 1998 representaría formato clásico con planos definidos que van construyendo escenas. La actual sería el redescubrimiento de una forma de narrar continua: aunque menos purista, deviene más cercana al horror que solo un juego sabe contar.
  67. Feb 8, 2019
    Excellent, and entertaining game!

Thoroughly enjoyed it. This is definitely a perfect sort of remake. Everything about this remake was executed well, felt like a modern game yet retained its classic roots feel. Has to definitely be one of the best survival horror games so far. PRO's: Very good graphics Very good gameplay Good classic story line CON's: Very short as RE games
    Excellent, and entertaining game!

PRO's:
    Very good graphics
    Very good gameplay
    Good classic story line

CON's:
    Very short as RE games are ;(
    Hardcore mode could have been harder, was not too difficult for me. Doom on Nightmare was hard!
    I missed the upgrading the magnum parts like the previous original RE2 had. :(
  68. Mar 13, 2019
    in ages, I've been grown up with this franchise. and now finally I'd see the truest Survival Horror. It's the greatest game in franchise and best Remake game in Industry and most beautiful survival horror game that ever created. Masterpiece!
  69. Oct 2, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 is one of the best examples on how to properly remake a 20 year old classic bestselling game, by embracing what worked back in the day, see what could be improved and also adding a lot, and I mean really a lot, of new stuff so it still feels interesting and fresh, but also leaving the player with a feeling of familiarity, especially if one has played the original game.Resident Evil 2 is one of the best examples on how to properly remake a 20 year old classic bestselling game, by embracing what worked back in the day, see what could be improved and also adding a lot, and I mean really a lot, of new stuff so it still feels interesting and fresh, but also leaving the player with a feeling of familiarity, especially if one has played the original game.

The RE Engine has proven to be very well performing on its previous game, RE 7, and this time around in RE 2 it really shines. We have a very nice Physically Based Rendered assortment of materials and shaders, with a lot of wet surfaces that look amazing, and performance is really, really good on a wide array of PC configurations, with a decent level of scalability, especially on the GPU side of things. The engine seems to make decent usage of 4-6 core CPUs, but it’s usually GPU limited, which normally is the ideal situation when it comes to good looking PC games.

The amount of customizable settings we have in this PC version of the game is also immense, from FOV adjustments to nice mouse sensitivity sliders for camera and aim modes (although there is a slight amount of negative acceleration, very little), and keybinds are mostly fully customizable with the exception of a couple of hardcoded keys like ENTER or DEL; I am left handed, so I use the right side of the keyboard a lot, around the arrow keys (used for movement), so I was able to play with no issues with my usual left handed binds, minus DEL and ENTER but the game doesn’t really need so many keys, so I managed. Gamepad works fine in the game, you can walk slower with it than with the keyboard, in case you need a little more immersion, but it’s not mandatory. There’s this bug I guess that makes it impossible to open doors when in aiming mode, walking with the keyboard, while you can when using the gamepad, but it’s not game breaking and you can still walk normally without aiming, open it a little, then switch to aim mode and It’ll get pushed slowly if you want, so no big deal there either.

An important thing to note about settings is Brightness calibration, you must abolutely do the steps to calibrate this, if you want the game to look as the developers intended, otherwise it'll have this grey'ish haze all over the screen, and dark zones won't look good enough. If you cannot complete the third step on the calibration menu (make the left typewriter disappear), that means you either didn't select the proper MIn/Max levels earlier, or your screen needs some serious tuning and adjusting of brightness and gamma, so better get on that then too.

And then we have the new gameplay mechanics, like knives and other sub-weapons, the new puzzles and the revamp of old classic ones, which will certainly make you smile, and of course the new way of doing the classic A/B runs, in this case called “2nd run”, which like the original game, it will tell us the story from the other character’s perspective, around the same time the other character did his/her stuff, more or less, with some clever variations added so the gameplay feels balanced but still challenging enough. In summary, to fully complete the story, we still need to do both scenarios, whether Leon first / Claire second, or vice versa…that’s your choice. Completionists will want to do all four of them, and the game records all these different combinations so yeah, it’s nice that the feature is still there, albeit a bit different.

Of course, the main change from the original, is the camera and I have to say it really fits this new imagining of the game, it simply works well, really well actually and in a fully rendered 3D world with lots of cool materials and very detailed enemies to mutilate and shoot, it would've been bad if the old fixed camera was used, or the tank controls too, which usually work well together but not so much when separated like it was the case in RE 4.

Overall this game feels like a very solid GOTY candidate so early in the year, which is amazing. This game has become one of my favorite RE games of all time, because it demonstrates that the survival horror genre, which the original games were paragon of, can still be brought to modern platforms, with improved techniques, amazing sound design (and boy, is the sound design great here, it even has Dolby Atmos and Binaural…really great), and new ways of solving old puzzles or see them reimagined.

I am ready for more Resident Games like this, Capcom, thank you for the great job on this game, made for the fans of survival horror, and for the gamers in general. Capcom, you did it, this is how you remake a game, period, and that means a well earned 10/10.
  70. Mar 10, 2019
    Cons: Quality, Stability, Reliability, Game Lability.
    Pros: Laboratory in original game was better as for me.
    Result: 9.9 / 10
  71. Feb 5, 2020
    Esse é o melhor remake que já vi!

Não consegui finalizar o game pela primeira vez, já que eu não entendia a proposta do jogo e nem se quer me dava o esforço. Tentei jogá-lo novamente, sendo atencioso e paciente. Acabou que eu zerei ele no mesmo dia! Há tempos um jogo não me prende assim, principalmente quando se trata de campanha. Os gráficos são lindíssimos. Reflexos, texturas,
    Esse é o melhor remake que já vi!

Os gráficos são lindíssimos. Reflexos, texturas, modelo dos personagens, tudo aqui é muito bem feito, e o melhor: é incrivelmente otimizado. Meu setup empurrava +100fps em todos os momentos, e para não ter uma experiencia ruim no meu 144hz, travei em 100 e não tive problemas de fluidez pelo resto do game. Fluidez insana e nada de quedas!

A gameplay é bem travada. Apenas atacamos com armas de fogo, exceto em situações de contato, e é esse mesmo o objetivo do jogo. Este survival horror fará com que economize sua munição ao máximo.

O áudio é espetacular. Binaural funciona muito bem e a equipe de desenvolvimento deu muita atenção a detalhes que fazem toda a diferença pra quem joga no fone.
  72. Jan 31, 2019
    Capcom did it *wipes tears* Capcom did it right. 10/10, loyal to the original, great additions. The voice acting is superb and the original soundtrack swap made me feel like I'm back in 1998. Thank you Capcom, you gave me hope for AAA games again. *Wipes tears*
  73. Jan 31, 2019
    I started with Leon on normal difficulty which I found a little too hard, so after completing it and I opted to start Claire on easy and enjoyed it much more, so if you're more interested in the story and gameplay and not a challenge I'd do the same.

Personally I found Claire's campaign to be miles better than Leon's, hers had a better story, a better finale, better weaponry and a very interesting character who doesn't show up in Leon's playthrough. Overall her campaign definitely bumped up my rating of the game.

As for the PC port, it's really good, it runs really well and has plenty of options so even moderate hardware should get a good frame rate. I played the game on GTX 1080 and was at 144fps most of the time at 1080p, so hitting the more common 60fps should be doable for a wide variety of cards.
  74. Jan 28, 2019
    Capcom did it! RE2 miracle, oasis in the desert of rotten of milliards MMMOOO and other coop **** But... now i dream of Dino Crisis 2, Resident Evil 4 REMAKE, Resident Evil 3 and Veronica! Capcom go do another miracke for us!
  75. Jan 27, 2019
    [MORON CALLING THIS BEST GAME EVER, ASKING FOR RE3 REMAKE] SEVENTY FIVE CHA
  76. Jan 27, 2019
    Was not expecting the remake to be as good as it was, the game has been refreshed and looks amazing stunning and realistic.

the story was excellent its just like the old 1998 story except with some changes here and there the puzzles was good and also meeting some characters was told better and used better than the original game. I completed Leon A senario in just under 8 hours, I

I completed Leon A senario in just under 8 hours, I have not completed the B scenario for claire the game has tons of easter eggs and nods to the original game. if you purchase the deluxe edition you can also play as claire in the elza walker outfit (a character from the scrapped resident evil 1.5 before it was scrapped for a complete new story)
  77. Feb 12, 2019
    This is a golden sample how to do a remake!

stunning graphic & animations
    great sound & atmosphere
    excelent voiceacting
  78. Jan 31, 2019
    To borrow from NVIDIA, a game that "just works". I'm talking about the technical side. It's refreshing to play a game that performs consistently and is almost completely free of bugs. Good start.

From the 7 RE games I've played this is the second best in the series, only to RE4. It's a near perfect blend of puzzle tasks and tense, claustrophobic action sequences. Whereas RE6 jumped the shark into overpowered action frenzy, this game rarely lets up the tension because you constantly feel under threat. Capcom did a great job of capturing the gameplay spirit of RE4. Although this game doesn't require you to stand completely still when performing a shot, it rewards you for doing so by focusing your cursor. Of course, there's also the infamous scarcity of ammo.

Did I mention the graphics are amazing at 4k? I'd take this engine cloned to any game out there. I was running it initially on a 980ti, but was due for an upgrade anyway, so pulled the trigger on a 2080. I can play it near maxed out, just lowering shadows and a couple other settings to get to 4k60. Contrast this to another (relatively good) survival horror series, The Evil Within, which is a clunky mess technically (FPS drops, inadequate GPU/CPU usage), and has mediocre graphics.

I tip my hat to Capcom. I know most are calling for RE3 remake and don't think an RE4 remake is warranted since it already has the over the shoulder cam, but honestly, I'd be first in line for an RE4 remake with new puzzles, bigger areas, and dynamic lighting/fog effects. To me that game still edges this one out due to the variety of bosses, exotic locales, and (as subjective as it may be) a more engaging story. To be a remade RE4 would be the game GOAT if done right.

Still, it's refreshing to see another game come so close.
  79. Feb 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this wonderful game!I really liked and not only me but all my friends!The game was gorgeous!The developers are just great!Waiting for the game Resident evil 3 NEMESIS! Expand
  80. Feb 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game remaster is the simply perfection continue on this way capcom,great history perfect graphics and optimization ,great music clasic option,magnific game recomended all clasic players and news in this saga... Expand
  81. Jan 27, 2019
    After many attempts, finally Capcom got it right! A marvel which you can gaze at for hours.

Accomplishments: +++ Graphics are to gawk at. + Music/background music is maintaining its 90s essence while also something for current time. ++ True surviving horror with just the right amount of helplessness and power. +++ Optimized for PC well, such as mid range PC's are able to enjoy at

Accomplishments:
    +++ Graphics are to gawk at.
    ++ True surviving horror with just the right amount of helplessness and power.
    +++ Optimized for PC well, such as mid range PC's are able to enjoy at high settings(if done right).
    ++ Giving the RE characters a life with realtime and real human like face movements and expressions along with their whinny and encouraging self talks, it makes you always feel present along with them.
    + Right amount of durations of scenarios for each character.( If speed ran, then short and bloody)

Possible neglects:
    -- To ask €60 for a basic game for a remake? A tad bit pricey, €40 for current game IMO. For the current price however; Could have provided with an alternate scenarios for each character in addition, albeit not very long but something which does not have remake logo on it.

Humble suggestions
    *** Free to a very low price DLC which adds new scenarios to each main character.
    * Allow some very limited item(s) to carry over to new game plus.

All put together it's a force to racoon with. Now look behind you! there is someone there.

Thanks
  82. Feb 9, 2019
    It just gets better and better! What can I say? RE is probably the only game series that most definitely deserves to keep on going! Thank you "Capsule Computers"! Awesome work!
    My intro to the RE Universe started with RE3: Nemesis, so I can't say how much better (or not) this is than the original other than the graphics (obviously) being waaaaayyyyy better!
    As a fan, I wasn't too
    As a fan, I wasn't too impressed with RE5 though I liked it; RE4 was (kinda still is) the "best!"; RE6 was just awful and I couldn't bring myself to finish it; RE7 was "amazeballs!"; but this game is pure heaven!
    One thing of note I'd specifically like to heap praise on is: this is the first game I ever played where every (EVERY) single monster you kill remains in the exact same location and manner you take them out for the entirety of your play-through even when you revisit past locations or restart the game after exiting - just brilliant!
  83. Feb 8, 2019
    Hardcore mode was amazing, the atmosphere was very claustrophobic and felt like I rarely had the amount of room needed to dodge enemies-a very good feel in a survival horror game. I never had enough health and was one foot in the grave all the way up to the ending. The amount of ammo given felt a little off like there were too many bullets in the game, but maybe I was just playing aHardcore mode was amazing, the atmosphere was very claustrophobic and felt like I rarely had the amount of room needed to dodge enemies-a very good feel in a survival horror game. I never had enough health and was one foot in the grave all the way up to the ending. The amount of ammo given felt a little off like there were too many bullets in the game, but maybe I was just playing a little too conservatively. The enemies were definitely a challenge. Other than the crazy amount of vram needed for this game in 2019 and really bad looking fire throughout the game this is a masterpiece that every survival horror enthusiast needs to enjoy. Expand
  84. Feb 11, 2019
    While doing a review I unintentionally used a 0 score.
    I'm really sorry for that, because this game is perfect in it's actual state.
    I wasn't able to recover most of what I wrote, but at least I can give the note it deserves.
  85. Jan 26, 2019
    Capcom THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited for RE2 remake from RE1 remake release.......and you did it!!! you've made game much better that i could imagine....its nearly perfect.
  86. Jan 26, 2019
    Thanks CAPCOM, very cool!

No but seriously... Maybe one of the best RE's to this date. It's scary, it has that nostalgic feel if you're looking for that but it still feels like a fresh game. If you enjoyed Resident Evil VII, you will probably enjoy this too. Especially if you like the puzzle elements.

TLDR: Is good game
  87. Jan 26, 2019
    me transporto a la nostalgia con aires frescos.... hace tiempo que no tengo esta sensación con un titulo como este... es basicamente un juego nuevo.... tomando como concepto el RE2... y su optimización es fascinante aunque tenga denuvo... fluye muy bien en mi GTX 970... lo recomiendo
  88. Jan 27, 2019
    As Background: I have played all RE-Games in existence and have ran most of the originals (1-4) dozens of times each, knowing everything you can know about those games. Because of this, there can only be one verdict: This game is the best Resident Evil Game that has ever been made.

The graphics are absolute state of the art, the gameplay a mix of old and new and exactly the way my younger self has dreamed of back in the day and most importantly: The Difficulty! This is a true Survival Horror game and I can only recommend ANYONE to play this game on Hardcore from the get-go (if you are experienced in the franchise or harder Survival Horror games). Ammo and healing are sparce and enemies are plenty, forcing you to actively run around some enemies and be very careful about not wasting all your stuff on needless encounters. You can put yourself into a position in which you basically have to restart the game (if you don't make several save-files) because you simply won't have enough Ammo to beat a boss.

While some would say that this is too hard, it is a Survival Horror game. That is a big flaw with most games these days that claim to be horror: They are way too easy and allow you to mess around infinitely and still enable you to get through the game in a breeze. Personally, that is not Survival Horror for me. If you know you can't really fail..why would you ever be afraid? How could you ever tense up due to some encounters, when you know you will eventually make it through with little effort. This might sound unfair or gamebreaking for some but it was a needed change in the Survival Horror Formula that has been missing for way too long.

As for the gameplay: Sure, it might not be very realistic to have to find key items to progress through doors that could be easily torn through with the weaponry available in the game. However, this is a remake from a classic game and it stays true to it's source and I can very much appreciate that. It's always weird when people complan about a lack in realism in games that include the undead and gigantic monsters, contained in high-tech underground facilities with technology that even now is far beyond our scope. You can acquire weapons in nearly every game that could destroy whole buildings..yet no one complains about them not doing exactly that. It is fiction, not everything has to make perfect sense but it utilizes those "clunky" mechanics well in it's favor. The atmosphere and constant dread is stunning, the utilization of Mister X (Tyrant) is even better than the original and truly makes you feel terror because you can try to outrun it and die OR you shoot it down and waste valuable and needed Ammo for later on. Perfection.

As for the Graphics..if you wanna see the maximum this game has to other you need to have very, very expensive hardware to get decent framerates in UHD and still decent Hardware to play it in FullHD with maxed out settings. However, if you can play it like that then you are in for a State-of-the-Art experience that is going to make your jaw drop. Textures are crisp, the visual effects and lighting is stunning, the characters all seem extremely realistic, down to the display of dirt and gore on the clothing of those characters.

As for the Story: There is really not much to say if you knew the original. It basically stays true to it with a few alterations to utilize the capabilities of the modern time more effectively. I won't spoiler anything but it is made very well. Typical for a high-budget production.

As for the controls: I have personally used a XBOX One Controller and have been very happy with it. Sure, there are some tank-ish controls and you do not have access to fancy dodging moves to prevent anything from even touching you but in this case that is a plus. Yet again this works in the favor of the Survival Horror Element of the game. If you could dodge anything then it probably would be too easy. Don't get me wrong, you can still dodge anything, just like back in the day, by smart movements and positioning and analyzing the enemies. It is hard to do and you will most likely get hit loads of times but that is ok. Mouse and Keyboard controls are solid, improving the aiming massively, as can be expected but you sacrifice a bit of comfort and immersion.

As for the AI: I don't understand why so many reviews talk badly about the AI. It is far from bad and the zombies are by far the most threatening they have ever been. You cannot just bait them anymore and simply move past them like in the original games. They can even manage to grab you even if you manage to walk past them, adding another layer of difficulty. Some enemies cannot be simply dodged and you need to take calculated hits to get past some fights without wasting too much Ammo.

This game is not perfect but is perfect for what it tries to be. 100%.
  89. Jan 27, 2019
    Capcom you made a miracle! Now I'm waiting for a remake of Resident Evil 3.
  90. Jan 29, 2019
    I don't own the game but i've seen playthroughs and i like it.

Posting the review here just because i can even if i haven't played the game.
  91. Feb 2, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Das Resident Evil 2 Remake ist das Remake des Klassikers von 1996. Im Vergleich zum Original hat sich an der Story nicht viel getan. Man spielt wieder als Leon Kennedy oder Claire Redfield. Dabei wurden die Zwischensequenzen in die Spielegrafik übertragen was diese nochmal deutlich aufwertet. Für Veteranen wurden einige neue Storyelemente und Zwischensequenzen eingeführt. Mehr soll hier auch nicht verraten werden, da das Spielgefühl sehr von der Unwissenheit des Spielers lebt.

Im Gegensatz zur Story hat sich beim Gameplay einiges getan. So gibt es nun keine festen Kameraperspektiven mehr sondern eine Schulterperspektive welche dem Spieler in Actionsequenzen einen besseren Überblick gibt und für ein völlig neues Spielgefühl sorgt. Dennoch verkommt das Remake nicht zu einem reinen Actionspiel. Durch ständige Munitionsknappheit und einige (zum teils doch recht knifflige) Rätsel wird der Erkundungsdrang des Spielers gefördert. Durch gutes Sounddesign und atmosphärisches Lichtspiel kommt auch der Horror nicht zu kurz. Gespielt werden kann auch wieder im Veteranen Spielmodus mit nicht weniger Munition und stärkeren Gegnern.

Die Spielzeit ist mit gut 7 Stunden pro Charakter auf dem leichtesten Schwierigkeitsgrad zwar nicht besonders lang, jedoch hat das Spiel durch seine verschiedenen Möglichkeiten die Story zu erleben einen hohen Widerspielwert. Insgesamt müsste man die Story viermal (zweimal mit jedem Charakter). Auch die Zusatzkampagne "The 4th Survivor" sorgt noch für weiteren Spielspaß.

Schlußendlich kann man sagen das Capcom ein richtig gutes Remake und sogar ein richtig gutes eigenständiges Spiel gelungen ist. Eine absolute Kaufempfehlung geht an alle Horror und Resident Evil Fans
  92. Feb 8, 2019
    First things first, let's get this out of the way. This game is a remake, not a remaster. A remaster would be the game just given a new coat of paint and maybe some fixes to bugs...maybe some additional content, however, this is not that. This is a remake, it is a reimagining of the original game with new gameplay elements introduced, maybe even new areas added or slight changes to theFirst things first, let's get this out of the way. This game is a remake, not a remaster. A remaster would be the game just given a new coat of paint and maybe some fixes to bugs...maybe some additional content, however, this is not that. This is a remake, it is a reimagining of the original game with new gameplay elements introduced, maybe even new areas added or slight changes to the overall story. Now, into the specifics, this game is incredible. It has me hooked as no other Resident Evil game has ever had me hooked before. I have played Resident Evil HD and Resident Evil 7 in the past, and, while I found those to be enjoyable, for some reason they just never really clicked with me. This game clicked with me, and I am addicted. The more I play this game, the more I want to play. It took me a bit of time to ease into this game. I've never really been a horror game fan, so when I started this game, I was still very worried about everything. I started off the game, started Leon's campaign first, standard difficulty. I had gotten about 2 hours in, still hadn't beaten the first boss, and had around eleven saves. Yeah, that was me haha. I then realized that I was being a bit too scared and that I should mellow out. I restarted the campaign. I was around one and a half hours in when I had encountered Tyrant. I was feeling good, however, I felt like I could do better. Restarted...one...more...time. I had gotten to the same point when I was an hour in. This game makes you feel so much fulfillment for really learning the game. I ended up finishing that run at 3 hours and 36 minutes, which made me a little angry as 6 minutes stood between an S rank and my A rank. By the end, I had three saves, and I also hadn't opened the item box once. I learned so much just by playing more and more, and I continually want to do further runs of the game. The gameplay is addictive, there is so much nuance to it. There are so many fine details it is honestly incredible. This game also managed to somehow make zombies scary again, which is a marvel because, for the past few years, traditional zombies have been quite stale. The zombies in this game feel like an actual threat, especially whenever there is more than one, they can easily gang up on you if you are not careful, and whenever you do get ganged up on, you don't feel as though it's the game's fault, anything that goes wrong always feels like the player's fault, the game doesn't feel unfair in the slightest. I'll admit there were moments where I was really scrounging for ammo and even, in some cases, healing items, but I didn't feel as though the game was being unfair, I more felt like it was my fault for being stupid and using up all my resources. There were also many times I got frustrated at the game, but then realized that it was all my fault because I hadn't discovered a weak spot on an enemy or something of the sort. The graphics are gorgeous too. I won't dive too much into my specs, however, the game ran 90fps-120fps consistently on my rig at 1440p at like high-very high settings. All of the technology that went into the game as well is impressive. The limb dismemberment is awesome and allows for the most realistic zombies in a game to date. I loved the story, and I thought that the characters were very likable, only further bolstered by the really great performances behind them. The performances of the main characters like Ada, Leon, and Claire were incredible and believable. The soundtrack of the game is marvelous too. When navigating through the tight corridors of the police station, the soundtrack is very eery and only adds to the overall atmosphere, really making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It can go from that to intense music during boss fights that really build up the scale and grandeur of the fight. The gameplay is really tight. The shooting feels satisfying and powerful, and when you learn a specific enemy's weakness, it really feels gratifying as, the enemy you once feared, can now be thwarted easily. The progression overall feels natural. I really enjoy the transition from fixed camera angles to a third-person, Resident Evil 4-6 style camera. One of the main things that kept me from getting into Resident Evil 2 Original or 3: Nemesis was the fixed camera angles and tank controls, I could just never get into them as they were very hard for me to use, but with this I can finally enjoy the story and characters while also enjoying the updated gameplay. The movement feels good, the characters have a good weight to them. I also love that, in this age of gaming, there is no transition between rooms like the older games, you just run through the door and are in the next room like that, which also allows enemies besides that of Tyrant or Nemesis to follow you into other rooms, further increasing the danger. Currently, I cannot think of a better example of a remake than Resident Evil 2. It is phenomenal and addicting in all the right ways. Expand
  93. Feb 9, 2019
    The best game i've ever played last decade. Thank you Capcom for this brilliant game.
  94. Feb 10, 2019
    Lo supieron hacer muy bien, rescatan lo que hacía muy disfrutable al juego y lo mejoran.
  95. Nov 22, 2019
    This game save year 2019! Fastastic, please Capcom, Resident evil 3 remake im 2020, please...
  96. May 24, 2019
    I played the original RE2 like 20 years ago.. They did a pretty good job on the RE2 remake! I recommend it!
  97. Jan 29, 2019
    Just finished the game and starting scenario B and loving it. Capcom now do a 3 remake.

This is what I was wishing for for a long time and the payoff was well worth the wait. I loved the Original but there were things I didn't like about it and they fixed it in this version, no more giant spiders and mutant roaches yay! Only thing I would hand over to the original 1998 version is the

Only thing I would hand over to the original 1998 version is the music, aside from that the remake owns it.

Graphics are good but I would have to say the only gripe is that the facial animations are a bit wonky.
    What you have at the end of the day is a almost perfect game, though I prefer the old music I would still call this a masterpiece 10/10 buy it today.
    P.S.
    Perhaps the best addition is the look and creepy stalking of Mr X and epic boss battles. ;)
  98. Jan 30, 2019
    BRUTAL, OBRA MAESTRA. Juego INDISPENSABLE. Por mi que hagan todos los remakes que quieran si son de esta calidad.
  99. Jan 29, 2019
    Just play it, honestly, even if you're a die hard Resident evil fan who hates the gameplay changes or refuses to play anything without a fixed camera angle, the love and craft that's been put into this game as both a new experience and a visual nostalgia trip is so clear.

You're really just doing yourself a disservice, as this game is as potent a remake as the remake of RE1 was all those years ago and that really is the definitive way to play Resident evil 1 now, don't miss out over aspects I can promise you are really not as big a deal as you likely feel they are.
  100. Jan 25, 2019
    Прекрасно, просто чудесно, игра постоянно заставляет думать, боятся, что вдруг произойдет что-то неожиданное, внезапное. Геймпэй на высоте. Все время игра держит в напряжении. Отличный ремэйк.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 6, 2020
    Two decades after the release of the original trip into the biohazardous universe of Resident Evil, Capcom delivers the best instalment yet. The world you'll be thrown in is a dangerous one, and it doesn't just look the part, but also makes you feel the thrill of being a survivor like never before, as each bullet shot, each item found, and each decision taken, can make the difference between life and death. Simply put, remake or not, this is survival horror at its best.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 4, 2019
    The remake of Resident Evil 2 succeeded and can’t be criticized for much. Converting the original game into a modern form sets the bar for all future remakes really high and shows how it should be done. [Issue#293]
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine