9.0

1. Jan 25, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

Capcom has really done it with this amazing masterpiece and have gained themselves the title of King of Remakes!! This game is absolutely what I could've asked for. It has got RE4's view that actually fits perfectly! This game is a must play for everybody!!!
  2. Feb 27, 2019
    Capcom had not been showing anything exceptional for a long time, but in this remake they got it right. RE2 remake is nostalgic and current at the same time, the game is amazing and exciting with beautiful graphics, once you get play you want to go to the end without stopping to play another thing. RE2 remake is a must play mostly for older fans who played the original version who willCapcom had not been showing anything exceptional for a long time, but in this remake they got it right. RE2 remake is nostalgic and current at the same time, the game is amazing and exciting with beautiful graphics, once you get play you want to go to the end without stopping to play another thing. RE2 remake is a must play mostly for older fans who played the original version who will have a special taste but the game is also fantastic for anyone who has never played the old one. Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2019
    With this remake Capcom show us how a remake is suppose to be done.
    Changes to the game that all improve.
    Improved controllers. Visuals above most games. If you like survival horror you are going to love this game. This is about when I should start nitpicking on something, but to be honest I can¨t think of anything bad to say about this game. Resident Evil has finally returned to
    With this remake Capcom show us how a remake is suppose to be done.
    Changes to the game that all improve.
    Improved controllers.
    Visuals above most games.
    If you like survival horror you are going to love this game.
    Resident Evil has finally returned to form with this remake.
  4. Jan 28, 2019
    Great game for those who:
    - played the original game
    - did not play the original game

What is good in the game: the plot composition, the atmosphere, detail, graphics.

What is wrong with the game: almost nothing (low poly garbage in some locations is not taken into account)
  5. Feb 27, 2019
    You did it CAPCOM. Now if it is not too much to ask, please remake Resident Evil 3?
    It's time for Jill Valentine to rise. Thank you so much, Capcom!
  6. Feb 22, 2019
    fantástico remake superando al original de 1998. el mejor de toda la saga hasta el momento.
  7. Feb 5, 2019
    Русские фанаты с вами, Capcom! До этого не был знаком с серией RE, но, увидев первый трейлер этого ремейка, то сразу для себя решил - я куплю эту игру. Я давно хотел познакомиться с вашей серией, и это определенно - лучшее начало. Благодарю вас от всей души за качественный хоррор - крутые локации, крутая графика, безумный Мистер-Икс :)
    В этой игре качественно все, единственное - при
    В этой игре качественно все, единственное - при прохождении сюжетных линий, в некоторых местах, они противоречат друг другу. Но я закрыл на это глаза, так как все остальное - шедеврально!
  8. Feb 3, 2019
    Never played the original RE2 on PS One, but played remakes of Zero and 1, 4,5,6,7 and both Revelations and RE2 Remake is 10 fold better then all of them in all aspects
  9. Feb 7, 2019
    It's a masterpiece. Amazing level design, visuals, customizable options for PC players, voice acting, animations, story, ambiance, sound. It takes the best aspects of RE4 and RE7 and fuses them into one brilliant product. Can't wait to see more where this came from.
  10. Jan 28, 2019
    This is my impression of the game for people who like me did not play original. Oh man, get it, get it now. Game oozes of atmosphere. It is horror and you are in it. Yes, you have heard me, you are inside one of the best zombie, horror games ever. Let me tell you this, these zombies are not to be trifled with. Imagine this m8, you have a narrow corridor and zombie in front of you, 3This is my impression of the game for people who like me did not play original. Oh man, get it, get it now. Game oozes of atmosphere. It is horror and you are in it. Yes, you have heard me, you are inside one of the best zombie, horror games ever. Let me tell you this, these zombies are not to be trifled with. Imagine this m8, you have a narrow corridor and zombie in front of you, 3 bullets in the gun and worn out combat knife. So what will you do , huh? Cry to mama, this is an option I guess but than you will become zombie's meal. Option A is to shoot off zombie's leg (should be doable with 3 bullets) and run quickly pass it. Option B, chop off zombie's arms and leave him b(e)ite someone else. Option C - survive, somehow. Yeah like I said, game is amazing. So what are you waiting for, why are you even reading this. Go, get it now !!! Expand
  11. Jan 27, 2019
    A great remake, it has almost all the famous scenes from the original game. Great atmosphere, quite scary sometimes. Wished it would be longer. You can buy it without hesitation.
  12. Jan 25, 2019
    Excellent graphics, great game-play and controls, really scary and very faithful to the original. There's really nothing that would make me not give it a 10.
  13. Jan 25, 2019
    its simply a masterpiece must play
    I got that feel like back in the day ... I can tell this game is even harder than the original (playing in hard mode)
    GOTY 2019
  14. Jan 25, 2019
    Thank you Capcom. This is the way, this is the way...
    Absolutely brilliant.
  15. Jan 29, 2019
    Meus amigos! Não vejo a hora de ter um Ramake do Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis.
    Porque este Resident Evil 2 simplesmente está perfeito! Conseguiram trazer toda aquela tensão, medo, angustia do jogo!
    Nota 10!
  16. Jan 28, 2019
    This game is wonderful, the graphics, soundtrack, gameplay, everything done in incredible way. Respects the classic game and brings to the new generation with undisputed quality for new players.
  17. Jan 27, 2019
    The best remake I've ever played. At first I did not know if I would regret buying it, and now I know I never will. Capcom's favorite son is the best GOTY candidate.
  18. Jan 29, 2019
    This game is a masterpiece! Capcom did a very well job, the survival horror atmosphere is alwesome, history, graphics, gameplay and sound design, all the work is brilliant...
  19. Feb 12, 2019
    This is a golden sample how to do a remake!

stunning graphic & animations
    great sound & atmosphere
    excelent voiceacting
  20. Feb 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this wonderful game!I really liked and not only me but all my friends!The game was gorgeous!The developers are just great!Waiting for the game Resident evil 3 NEMESIS! Expand
  21. Feb 9, 2019
    It just gets better and better! What can I say? RE is probably the only game series that most definitely deserves to keep on going! Thank you "Capsule Computers"! Awesome work!
    My intro to the RE Universe started with RE3: Nemesis, so I can't say how much better (or not) this is than the original other than the graphics (obviously) being waaaaayyyyy better!
    As a fan, I wasn't too
    As a fan, I wasn't too impressed with RE5 though I liked it; RE4 was (kinda still is) the "best!"; RE6 was just awful and I couldn't bring myself to finish it; RE7 was "amazeballs!"; but this game is pure heaven!
    One thing of note I'd specifically like to heap praise on is: this is the first game I ever played where every (EVERY) single monster you kill remains in the exact same location and manner you take them out for the entirety of your play-through even when you revisit past locations or restart the game after exiting - just brilliant!
  22. Feb 8, 2019
    Hardcore mode was amazing, the atmosphere was very claustrophobic and felt like I rarely had the amount of room needed to dodge enemies-a very good feel in a survival horror game. I never had enough health and was one foot in the grave all the way up to the ending. The amount of ammo given felt a little off like there were too many bullets in the game, but maybe I was just playing aHardcore mode was amazing, the atmosphere was very claustrophobic and felt like I rarely had the amount of room needed to dodge enemies-a very good feel in a survival horror game. I never had enough health and was one foot in the grave all the way up to the ending. The amount of ammo given felt a little off like there were too many bullets in the game, but maybe I was just playing a little too conservatively. The enemies were definitely a challenge. Other than the crazy amount of vram needed for this game in 2019 and really bad looking fire throughout the game this is a masterpiece that every survival horror enthusiast needs to enjoy. Expand
  23. Feb 11, 2019
    While doing a review I unintentionally used a 0 score.
    I'm really sorry for that, because this game is perfect in it's actual state.
    I wasn't able to recover most of what I wrote, but at least I can give the note it deserves.
  24. Feb 5, 2019
    the legend of zombie game. A fantastic balance of combat, horror, exploration and puzzle solving that never goes top-heavy in any of its gameplay elements.
  25. Feb 8, 2019
    First things first, let's get this out of the way. This game is a remake, not a remaster. A remaster would be the game just given a new coat of paint and maybe some fixes to bugs...maybe some additional content, however, this is not that. This is a remake, it is a reimagining of the original game with new gameplay elements introduced, maybe even new areas added or slight changes to theFirst things first, let's get this out of the way. This game is a remake, not a remaster. A remaster would be the game just given a new coat of paint and maybe some fixes to bugs...maybe some additional content, however, this is not that. This is a remake, it is a reimagining of the original game with new gameplay elements introduced, maybe even new areas added or slight changes to the overall story. Now, into the specifics, this game is incredible. It has me hooked as no other Resident Evil game has ever had me hooked before. I have played Resident Evil HD and Resident Evil 7 in the past, and, while I found those to be enjoyable, for some reason they just never really clicked with me. This game clicked with me, and I am addicted. The more I play this game, the more I want to play. It took me a bit of time to ease into this game. I've never really been a horror game fan, so when I started this game, I was still very worried about everything. I started off the game, started Leon's campaign first, standard difficulty. I had gotten about 2 hours in, still hadn't beaten the first boss, and had around eleven saves. Yeah, that was me haha. I then realized that I was being a bit too scared and that I should mellow out. I restarted the campaign. I was around one and a half hours in when I had encountered Tyrant. I was feeling good, however, I felt like I could do better. Restarted...one...more...time. I had gotten to the same point when I was an hour in. This game makes you feel so much fulfillment for really learning the game. I ended up finishing that run at 3 hours and 36 minutes, which made me a little angry as 6 minutes stood between an S rank and my A rank. By the end, I had three saves, and I also hadn't opened the item box once. I learned so much just by playing more and more, and I continually want to do further runs of the game. The gameplay is addictive, there is so much nuance to it. There are so many fine details it is honestly incredible. This game also managed to somehow make zombies scary again, which is a marvel because, for the past few years, traditional zombies have been quite stale. The zombies in this game feel like an actual threat, especially whenever there is more than one, they can easily gang up on you if you are not careful, and whenever you do get ganged up on, you don't feel as though it's the game's fault, anything that goes wrong always feels like the player's fault, the game doesn't feel unfair in the slightest. I'll admit there were moments where I was really scrounging for ammo and even, in some cases, healing items, but I didn't feel as though the game was being unfair, I more felt like it was my fault for being stupid and using up all my resources. There were also many times I got frustrated at the game, but then realized that it was all my fault because I hadn't discovered a weak spot on an enemy or something of the sort. The graphics are gorgeous too. I won't dive too much into my specs, however, the game ran 90fps-120fps consistently on my rig at 1440p at like high-very high settings. All of the technology that went into the game as well is impressive. The limb dismemberment is awesome and allows for the most realistic zombies in a game to date. I loved the story, and I thought that the characters were very likable, only further bolstered by the really great performances behind them. The performances of the main characters like Ada, Leon, and Claire were incredible and believable. The soundtrack of the game is marvelous too. When navigating through the tight corridors of the police station, the soundtrack is very eery and only adds to the overall atmosphere, really making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It can go from that to intense music during boss fights that really build up the scale and grandeur of the fight. The gameplay is really tight. The shooting feels satisfying and powerful, and when you learn a specific enemy's weakness, it really feels gratifying as, the enemy you once feared, can now be thwarted easily. The progression overall feels natural. I really enjoy the transition from fixed camera angles to a third-person, Resident Evil 4-6 style camera. One of the main things that kept me from getting into Resident Evil 2 Original or 3: Nemesis was the fixed camera angles and tank controls, I could just never get into them as they were very hard for me to use, but with this I can finally enjoy the story and characters while also enjoying the updated gameplay. The movement feels good, the characters have a good weight to them. I also love that, in this age of gaming, there is no transition between rooms like the older games, you just run through the door and are in the next room like that, which also allows enemies besides that of Tyrant or Nemesis to follow you into other rooms, further increasing the danger. Currently, I cannot think of a better example of a remake than Resident Evil 2. It is phenomenal and addicting in all the right ways. Expand
  26. Feb 9, 2019
    The best game i've ever played last decade. Thank you Capcom for this brilliant game.
  27. Jan 25, 2019
    True Masterpiece. I was getting serious goosebumps from the very beginning!
    The atmosphere is breathtaking, like all the time!
    If you are a fan, even a slightest, you for sure, can't miss this piece!
  28. Jan 25, 2019
    Thank you Capcom!
    Now they just need to make Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and Dino Crisis remake.
  29. Jan 26, 2019
    THIS, THIS IS HOW RESIDENT EVIL SHOULD BE. This remake is literally perfect, incredibly well done capcom. Hardcore mode is survival horror incarnate and downright nasty. Please do RE3 Nemesis next and make it just as brutal.
  30. Jan 27, 2019
    THIS is Resident Evil !
    Maybe its a bit nostalgia mixed in here cause i was 15 years old when i first played the original and its the only Reason i evolved into a huge Zombie Genre Fan. This Game defined my Taste of Movies and Storys for Decades, and its so great to see it Back in all its glory.
    THIS is Resident Evil !
    This is for sure my Favourite Game of all Time, it really serves Justice to the Original, and can suprise even the most Hardcore Fans who could finish the original with closed eyes on every playthrough.
  31. Jan 27, 2019
    the best game! I'm waiting for remake RE3. Absolutely brilliant. thanks capcon!
  32. Jan 29, 2019
    Just finished the game and starting scenario B and loving it. Capcom now do a 3 remake.

This is what I was wishing for for a long time and the payoff was well worth the wait. I loved the Original but there were things I didn't like about it and they fixed it in this version, no more giant spiders and mutant roaches yay! Only thing I would hand over to the original 1998 version is the

Only thing I would hand over to the original 1998 version is the music, aside from that the remake owns it.

Graphics are good but I would have to say the only gripe is that the facial animations are a bit wonky.
    What you have at the end of the day is a almost perfect game, though I prefer the old music I would still call this a masterpiece 10/10 buy it today.
    P.S.
    Perhaps the best addition is the look and creepy stalking of Mr X and epic boss battles. ;)
  33. Jan 30, 2019
    BRUTAL, OBRA MAESTRA. Juego INDISPENSABLE. Por mi que hagan todos los remakes que quieran si son de esta calidad.
  34. Jan 29, 2019
    Il n'y a pas grand chose de négatif à dire sur ce remake (qui transcende même la définition de simple remake). Le jeu est un poil trop court (9 heures pour boucler le scénario principal), mais avec son scenario bis, et le fait de pouvoir faire les scénarios Leon/Claire Bis et Claire/Leon Bis, cela compense le problème.
    Pour tout le reste c'est génial.
    Etant déçut du RE7, qui n'avais que
    Pour tout le reste c'est génial.
    Etant déçut du RE7, qui n'avais que peu de ressemblance avec un RE, ici on se retrouve avec un des meilleur RE. Du RE pur et dur, avec un bonne dose de tension/stress, gestion d'inventaire, de munitions. Belle VF également.
    Je ne vais pas en dire plus, vous pouvez lire les autres critiques, ce RE2 remake est une réussite, qui réussi à combler l'attente des fans (et on sait tous que c'est souvent bien difficile !)
    Belle réussite de la part de Capcom qui nous offre un très très grand jeu.
  35. Jan 27, 2019
    Was not expecting the remake to be as good as it was, the game has been refreshed and looks amazing stunning and realistic.

the story was excellent its just like the old 1998 story except with some changes here and there the puzzles was good and also meeting some characters was told better and used better than the original game. I completed Leon A senario in just under 8 hours, I

I completed Leon A senario in just under 8 hours, I have not completed the B scenario for claire the game has tons of easter eggs and nods to the original game. if you purchase the deluxe edition you can also play as claire in the elza walker outfit (a character from the scrapped resident evil 1.5 before it was scrapped for a complete new story)
  36. Jan 28, 2019
    The dream has become a reality!
    I am finally home again. Raccoon City. Now they just need to make RE3 and Dino Crisis remake.
    GOTY 2019.
  37. Jan 30, 2019
    Yes, yes, yes.. Resident Evil is finally back! And what a great game it is. As an old school RE fan, i really love how it turned out. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is also superb. The story is close to the original game, but has some more awesome background stories about some of the characters. I love it. There are some inconsistencies, for example about some of the technology thatYes, yes, yes.. Resident Evil is finally back! And what a great game it is. As an old school RE fan, i really love how it turned out. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is also superb. The story is close to the original game, but has some more awesome background stories about some of the characters. I love it. There are some inconsistencies, for example about some of the technology that appears/ is used by characters in the game, but that can be overlooked. Also, the second run through (B scenarios) seem to be put in in a rush and don't match up the First runs as good as in the original game. I was a bit sad that Claire and Leon didn't meet up more often. But given the fact capcom actually told us there would be no second scenarios at all, i can live with that. Expand
  38. Jan 30, 2019
    La verdad no se si es un videojuego o una película bien echa me encanto mucho la música de fondo lo hace un bien juego el ambiente y mucho estaré esperando el RE3 Remake.
  39. Jan 30, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 Remake es y será recordado por por ser uno de los mejores Survival Horror de está época de consolas y para PC. Recupera totalmente la esencia del horror y supervivencia de aquella época.Una experiencia bastante agobiante y con mucha adrenalina encima.
  40. Jan 31, 2019
    Возможно, одна из лучших игр в жанре survival-horror. Теперь, ждем #ResidentEvil3Remake
  41. Jan 31, 2019
    Thank you Capcom!!! The best remake I've ever played. Now we just need RE3 and Dino Crisis remake.
  42. Jan 25, 2019
    Not only has Capcom done it again, they've really gone above and beyond the point that they needed to be at with this game. An instant masterpiece. Unless something that hasn't even been announced comes out this year, this gem is by far the GOTY.
  43. Jan 25, 2019
    Game wonderful, with great performance and very nice gameplay.
    Gorgeous graphics worthy of a remake.
    Deserves to compete with games thatcome to the best of the year.
  44. Jan 25, 2019
    I loved it.
    Resident evil 2 influenced the way i will live for the rest of my life and not in just some half assed way.
  45. Feb 14, 2019
    pros:
    - physics and character animation
    - sound - graphics (in general) - well-implemented difficulty system (in general) - 4th survivor cons: - minimum difference between scenario B compared to A - invincible Tyrant when playing for Leon and complete sh*t when playing for Claire - in next time, make sure that your antagonist does not get 5-6 bullets in the chest and in so doing
    pros:
    - physics and character animation
    - sound
    - graphics (in general)
    - well-implemented difficulty system (in general)
    - 4th survivor

cons:
    - minimum difference between scenario B compared to A
    - in next time, make sure that your antagonist does not get 5-6 bullets in the chest and in so doing one of which hits in the heart, and then gets up and injects himself G-virus
    - in next time don't create characters, which not able to just push away enemies, but opening the neck for a bite.
    - Brightness. Or too bright, or too dark, what did your testers and devs do?

Nevertheless remake not bad. Now gamers are waiting from you remakes of Resident Evil 3 and Dino Crisis.
  46. Jan 29, 2019
    Just play it, honestly, even if you're a die hard Resident evil fan who hates the gameplay changes or refuses to play anything without a fixed camera angle, the love and craft that's been put into this game as both a new experience and a visual nostalgia trip is so clear.

You're really just doing yourself a disservice, as this game is as potent a remake as the remake of RE1 was all those years ago and that really is the definitive way to play Resident evil 1 now, don't miss out over aspects I can promise you are really not as big a deal as you likely feel they are.
  47. Jan 25, 2019
    Прекрасно, просто чудесно, игра постоянно заставляет думать, боятся, что вдруг произойдет что-то неожиданное, внезапное. Геймпэй на высоте. Все время игра держит в напряжении. Отличный ремэйк.
  48. Jan 27, 2019
    1.AMAZING ATHMOSPHERE
    2.NEXT-LEVEL GRAPHICS
    3.SMOOTH CONTROLS
    4.INTRESTING STORY
    CONCLUSION: AMAZING ,BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER ZOMBIE GAME IN ANY ASPECT
  49. Jan 26, 2019
    One of the best RE out there handsdown.. i hope capcom keeps aiming at this direction they are going on the right path!

Also Please remake RE3 capcom, thanks. :D
  50. Jan 25, 2019
    EASILY THE BEST PC GAME OF ALL TIME!!! This for sure is the best pc game of 2019 and game of the year 2019 too!!!
  51. Jan 25, 2019
    Resident Evil is back for real. So many elements is nailed just right. Let me try and make it short and sweet.

Pros: + Graphics - Game look simply stunning, and it's wonderfully optimized, plays well on many configurations + Sound - from the eerie sound of your own footsteps to the creepy noises of the undead to the gunshots ringing out in the hallways, the sound design is simply

Pros:

+ Sound - from the eerie sound of your own footsteps to the creepy noises of the undead to the gunshots ringing out in the hallways, the sound design is simply perfection.

+ Atmosphere and nostalgia - They really nailed the feeling from the original Resident Evil 2 while still keeping it fresh and up to modern standards, as a Resident Evil fan that have played every single one of them, I am highly satisfied. And no I'm not just a completely fanboy that can't see wrong, recently Resident Evil 6 did a lot of things terribly and is possibly my least favorite game in the series.

+Gameplay - Compared to a lot of games that eventually lets you have the feeling of safety, Resident Evil 2 remake never gives you this. You don't have enough ammo to kill all enemies, if you don't board up the windows they'll keep coming at you. You'll have to bob and weave, shoot for the legs, run as fast as you can to avoid the enemies. And without spoiling too much you'll surely know what it means to be powerless, to just have to run for your life.

~Story - I consider this element neutral, the story is what it is, it's resident evil so it's kind of corny, it's just what the franchise is known for. If you've enjoyed previous entries I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this. If you're the kind of person looking for oscar nominee performances you're not going to find it here.

-Cons - It was really difficult to come up with something, yes the game can be brutally difficult and frustrating at times, but I don't really feel like this is a con as much as a "git gud" type of situation.

Through and through Capcom have made a home run with Remake 2 and I desperately hope to see them recreate other games in the franchise with the same attention to detail and passion to please it's core audience.

Can't recommend this game highly enough, in fact, if you by any chance is still reading, I beg you to buy the game, give Capcom a reason to keep producing these amazing games.
  52. Jan 28, 2019
    This is a fantastic remake, that is very much worth buying pretty much at any time

Graphics: This is, put simply, the best looking game out there at the time of writing this. There is so much subtle detail all over the environments. Shadows, lightning, reflections, everything is done excellently. I recommend playing on PC as the graphics truly shines there provided you have the proper hardware to run it.

Gameplay: The level design and gameplay mechanics are an excellent mix between the old and new seen in the original and new resident evil games. Suspense oozes out of every scene creating tension over every step. The shooting is extremely satisfying with hands down the best zombies and animations you can see anywhere in a game till date.

The game is Single Player only with low replay value after the campaign is over, but it's one of the most gratifying experiences i've had in a long while. It's very much worth it.
  53. Jan 25, 2019
    El videojuego de Resident Evil 2 es una forma de revivir y rescatar clásicos. Todo el juego es traído e interpretado con la tecnología de esta época. No conviene comparar esta versión con su predecesor. Sin embargo, es buena idea hacer remakes de clásico para que las nuevas generaciones puedan vivir estas historias con mecánicas nuevas y gráficos nuevos. Además, la dificultad se percibeEl videojuego de Resident Evil 2 es una forma de revivir y rescatar clásicos. Todo el juego es traído e interpretado con la tecnología de esta época. No conviene comparar esta versión con su predecesor. Sin embargo, es buena idea hacer remakes de clásico para que las nuevas generaciones puedan vivir estas historias con mecánicas nuevas y gráficos nuevos. Además, la dificultad se percibe diferente por decirlo de ese modo, hay puzles complicados que requieren paciencia. Conclusión: Recomendable.

In English
    The Resident Evil 2 video game is a way to revive and rescue classics. The whole game is brought and interpreted with the technology of this era. It is not convenient to compare this version with its predecessor. However, it is a good idea to remake classic so that new generations can live these stories with new mechanics and new graphics. In addition, the difficulty is perceived differently by saying it that way, there are complicated puzzles that require patience. Conclusion: Recommended.

バイオハザード2ビデオゲームは復活し、古典を救うための方法です。 ゲーム全体はこの時代の技術でもたらされ、解釈されています。 このバージョンとその前バージョンを比較するのは便利ではありません。 しかし、新しい世代が新しい力学と新しいグラフィックでこれらの物語を生きることができるように、古典を作り直すことは良い考えです。 また、難しさはそのようにそれを言うことによって異なる認識され、忍耐を必要とする複雑なパズルがあります。 結論:おすすめです。
  54. Jan 26, 2019
    This is perfect remake, perfect game! I love this so much! Thank you Capcom!
  55. Jan 29, 2019
    what a amazing game!! it is very fun!! and scary!! Please do remake for RE 3.
  56. Jan 25, 2019
    Epic , soo EPIC!!!, BUY RIGHT NOW, CAPCOM do the right thing, we NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED Resident Evil 3 too.
  57. Jan 25, 2019
    THIS GAME IS AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE AND NOTHING BELOW 10!! Must buy this game if you are a true gamer! THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPCOM!!
  58. Jan 29, 2019
    This is a 10/10 and anyone that says otherwise have no idea what they're talking about.
  59. Jan 26, 2019
    This how to RE Series Shoud be , Nice Graphics, gameplay and more elements.
    Thanks for this Capcom.
    OBS: Mr. X Make everyone scary
    OBS2: i Was thinking, maybe Capcom can be a new Remake for Dino Crisis with this gameplay, shoud be nice!
  60. Jan 25, 2019
    Я начал ждать Resident Evil 2 ещё лет 5 назад. А когда Capcom анонсировали её, я очень сильно обрадовался. Прошло пару лет, и было чувство, что Capcom забили на ремейк. Ровно год назад, на 20-тилетие Resident Evil 2 1998-ого года, я думал и верил, что ремейк неожиданно или выпустят, или скажут что он доделывается. Ничего из этого не произошло. Началось лето, и вместе с ним E3 2018. На немЯ начал ждать Resident Evil 2 ещё лет 5 назад. А когда Capcom анонсировали её, я очень сильно обрадовался. Прошло пару лет, и было чувство, что Capcom забили на ремейк. Ровно год назад, на 20-тилетие Resident Evil 2 1998-ого года, я думал и верил, что ремейк неожиданно или выпустят, или скажут что он доделывается. Ничего из этого не произошло. Началось лето, и вместе с ним E3 2018. На нем окончательно и официально анонсировали ремейк. Я был просто счастлив. Но в придачу к этому, ремейк объявили лучше игрой выставки E3 2018. Я чувствовал такую гордость за Capcom, что не могу передать словами. А трейлеры игры я пересматривал за день десятками раз.

Перейдем к самой игре. Capcom идеально совместили стиль Resident Evil 4 и саму Resident Evil 2. Игра и страшная, и бодрая, и интересная, и с загадками, в общем, как мы любим. Игре вроде 21 год, но такое чувство, что это совсем другая игра. В чём-то это так и есть. Некоторые места ты сразу узнаешь, что в той или другой комнате поменяли. Но есть и совершенно новые комнаты. Сюжет идет совсем другой дорогой (в буквальном смысле). Если тут, играя за Клэр, ты на лифте Шефа Айронса возвращаешься в R.P.D., то в оригинале наоборот, ты выбираешься с его помощью. Не буду сильно спойлерить и портить ощущения от игры. Игру обязательно покупайте. Capcom в последнее время начала просыпаться и делать превосходные игры, как в былые времена.
    Оценка: 10/10
  61. Jan 25, 2019
    sou cagao, ja deixando avisado! Tensão a 200% em cada momento, nunca achei q um unico zumbi conseguiria me fazer correr, trilha sonora nn ajuda, sem falar do carrapato (Mr, X)
  62. Jan 31, 2019
    To borrow from NVIDIA, a game that "just works". I'm talking about the technical side. It's refreshing to play a game that performs consistently and is almost completely free of bugs. Good start.

From the 7 RE games I've played this is the second best in the series, only to RE4. It's a near perfect blend of puzzle tasks and tense, claustrophobic action sequences. Whereas RE6 jumped the shark into overpowered action frenzy, this game rarely lets up the tension because you constantly feel under threat. Capcom did a great job of capturing the gameplay spirit of RE4. Although this game doesn't require you to stand completely still when performing a shot, it rewards you for doing so by focusing your cursor. Of course, there's also the infamous scarcity of ammo.

Did I mention the graphics are amazing at 4k? I'd take this engine cloned to any game out there. I was running it initially on a 980ti, but was due for an upgrade anyway, so pulled the trigger on a 2080. I can play it near maxed out, just lowering shadows and a couple other settings to get to 4k60. Contrast this to another (relatively good) survival horror series, The Evil Within, which is a clunky mess technically (FPS drops, inadequate GPU/CPU usage), and has mediocre graphics.

I tip my hat to Capcom. I know most are calling for RE3 remake and don't think an RE4 remake is warranted since it already has the over the shoulder cam, but honestly, I'd be first in line for an RE4 remake with new puzzles, bigger areas, and dynamic lighting/fog effects. To me that game still edges this one out due to the variety of bosses, exotic locales, and (as subjective as it may be) a more engaging story. To be a remade RE4 would be the game GOAT if done right.

Still, it's refreshing to see another game come so close.
  63. Jan 27, 2019
    After many attempts, finally Capcom got it right! A marvel which you can gaze at for hours.

Accomplishments: +++ Graphics are to gawk at. + Music/background music is maintaining its 90s essence while also something for current time. ++ True surviving horror with just the right amount of helplessness and power. +++ Optimized for PC well, such as mid range PC's are able to enjoy at

Accomplishments:
    +++ Graphics are to gawk at.
    ++ True surviving horror with just the right amount of helplessness and power.
    +++ Optimized for PC well, such as mid range PC's are able to enjoy at high settings(if done right).
    ++ Giving the RE characters a life with realtime and real human like face movements and expressions along with their whinny and encouraging self talks, it makes you always feel present along with them.
    + Right amount of durations of scenarios for each character.( If speed ran, then short and bloody)

Possible neglects:
    -- To ask €60 for a basic game for a remake? A tad bit pricey, €40 for current game IMO. For the current price however; Could have provided with an alternate scenarios for each character in addition, albeit not very long but something which does not have remake logo on it.

Humble suggestions
    *** Free to a very low price DLC which adds new scenarios to each main character.
    * Allow some very limited item(s) to carry over to new game plus.

All put together it's a force to racoon with. Now look behind you! there is someone there.

Thanks
  64. Jan 26, 2019
    Capcom THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited for RE2 remake from RE1 remake release.......and you did it!!! you've made game much better that i could imagine....its nearly perfect.
  65. Jan 26, 2019
    Thanks CAPCOM, very cool!

No but seriously... Maybe one of the best RE's to this date. It's scary, it has that nostalgic feel if you're looking for that but it still feels like a fresh game. If you enjoyed Resident Evil VII, you will probably enjoy this too. Especially if you like the puzzle elements.

TLDR: Is good game
  66. Jan 26, 2019
    me transporto a la nostalgia con aires frescos.... hace tiempo que no tengo esta sensación con un titulo como este... es basicamente un juego nuevo.... tomando como concepto el RE2... y su optimización es fascinante aunque tenga denuvo... fluye muy bien en mi GTX 970... lo recomiendo
  67. Jan 27, 2019
    As Background: I have played all RE-Games in existence and have ran most of the originals (1-4) dozens of times each, knowing everything you can know about those games. Because of this, there can only be one verdict: This game is the best Resident Evil Game that has ever been made.

The graphics are absolute state of the art, the gameplay a mix of old and new and exactly the way my younger self has dreamed of back in the day and most importantly: The Difficulty! This is a true Survival Horror game and I can only recommend ANYONE to play this game on Hardcore from the get-go (if you are experienced in the franchise or harder Survival Horror games). Ammo and healing are sparce and enemies are plenty, forcing you to actively run around some enemies and be very careful about not wasting all your stuff on needless encounters. You can put yourself into a position in which you basically have to restart the game (if you don't make several save-files) because you simply won't have enough Ammo to beat a boss.

While some would say that this is too hard, it is a Survival Horror game. That is a big flaw with most games these days that claim to be horror: They are way too easy and allow you to mess around infinitely and still enable you to get through the game in a breeze. Personally, that is not Survival Horror for me. If you know you can't really fail..why would you ever be afraid? How could you ever tense up due to some encounters, when you know you will eventually make it through with little effort. This might sound unfair or gamebreaking for some but it was a needed change in the Survival Horror Formula that has been missing for way too long.

As for the gameplay: Sure, it might not be very realistic to have to find key items to progress through doors that could be easily torn through with the weaponry available in the game. However, this is a remake from a classic game and it stays true to it's source and I can very much appreciate that. It's always weird when people complan about a lack in realism in games that include the undead and gigantic monsters, contained in high-tech underground facilities with technology that even now is far beyond our scope. You can acquire weapons in nearly every game that could destroy whole buildings..yet no one complains about them not doing exactly that. It is fiction, not everything has to make perfect sense but it utilizes those "clunky" mechanics well in it's favor. The atmosphere and constant dread is stunning, the utilization of Mister X (Tyrant) is even better than the original and truly makes you feel terror because you can try to outrun it and die OR you shoot it down and waste valuable and needed Ammo for later on. Perfection.

As for the Graphics..if you wanna see the maximum this game has to other you need to have very, very expensive hardware to get decent framerates in UHD and still decent Hardware to play it in FullHD with maxed out settings. However, if you can play it like that then you are in for a State-of-the-Art experience that is going to make your jaw drop. Textures are crisp, the visual effects and lighting is stunning, the characters all seem extremely realistic, down to the display of dirt and gore on the clothing of those characters.

As for the Story: There is really not much to say if you knew the original. It basically stays true to it with a few alterations to utilize the capabilities of the modern time more effectively. I won't spoiler anything but it is made very well. Typical for a high-budget production.

As for the controls: I have personally used a XBOX One Controller and have been very happy with it. Sure, there are some tank-ish controls and you do not have access to fancy dodging moves to prevent anything from even touching you but in this case that is a plus. Yet again this works in the favor of the Survival Horror Element of the game. If you could dodge anything then it probably would be too easy. Don't get me wrong, you can still dodge anything, just like back in the day, by smart movements and positioning and analyzing the enemies. It is hard to do and you will most likely get hit loads of times but that is ok. Mouse and Keyboard controls are solid, improving the aiming massively, as can be expected but you sacrifice a bit of comfort and immersion.

As for the AI: I don't understand why so many reviews talk badly about the AI. It is far from bad and the zombies are by far the most threatening they have ever been. You cannot just bait them anymore and simply move past them like in the original games. They can even manage to grab you even if you manage to walk past them, adding another layer of difficulty. Some enemies cannot be simply dodged and you need to take calculated hits to get past some fights without wasting too much Ammo.

This game is not perfect but is perfect for what it tries to be. 100%.
  68. Jan 27, 2019
    Capcom you made a miracle! Now I'm waiting for a remake of Resident Evil 3.
  69. Jan 31, 2019
    Capcom did it *wipes tears* Capcom did it right. 10/10, loyal to the original, great additions. The voice acting is superb and the original soundtrack swap made me feel like I'm back in 1998. Thank you Capcom, you gave me hope for AAA games again. *Wipes tears*
  70. Jan 31, 2019
    I started with Leon on normal difficulty which I found a little too hard, so after completing it and I opted to start Claire on easy and enjoyed it much more, so if you're more interested in the story and gameplay and not a challenge I'd do the same.

Personally I found Claire's campaign to be miles better than Leon's, hers had a better story, a better finale, better weaponry and a very interesting character who doesn't show up in Leon's playthrough. Overall her campaign definitely bumped up my rating of the game.

As for the PC port, it's really good, it runs really well and has plenty of options so even moderate hardware should get a good frame rate. I played the game on GTX 1080 and was at 144fps most of the time at 1080p, so hitting the more common 60fps should be doable for a wide variety of cards.
  71. Jan 28, 2019
    Capcom did it! RE2 miracle, oasis in the desert of rotten of milliards MMMOOO and other coop **** But... now i dream of Dino Crisis 2, Resident Evil 4 REMAKE, Resident Evil 3 and Veronica! Capcom go do another miracke for us!
  72. Jan 30, 2019
    The game lives up to the hype it created. Is a thrilling experience filled with intense moments and spine chilling encounters. Having Mr. X right behind you, with his chase music and the sound of his steps, is one of the most horrifying experiences I've lived in a long time in a horror game.

Minor scenes and caveats in gameplay are the only thing separating this game from a perfect 10, but still is SOOOOOOOO worth it. If you enjoy survival horror at it's finest, don't hesitate to buy this game.
  73. Jan 30, 2019
    While I can often be generous scoring a mediocre game, I rarely if ever call a game a 10. It takes a special experience to achieve that score. Resident Evil 2 for PS4 provides that experience. I played the original Resident Evil 2 when it first released during my college days, and I liked it a lot. I was excited for this remake, but I figured I would already know what was going to happen.While I can often be generous scoring a mediocre game, I rarely if ever call a game a 10. It takes a special experience to achieve that score. Resident Evil 2 for PS4 provides that experience. I played the original Resident Evil 2 when it first released during my college days, and I liked it a lot. I was excited for this remake, but I figured I would already know what was going to happen. Boy, was I wrong. Capcom has completely rewritten the events that happen in the game, and even if you have played the original dozens of times, you won't know whats coming in this new version. The quality of the gameplay is really mind blowing. The combat feels perfect, and the movement is smooth and silky. The graphics are outstanding, and do an excellent job conveying a sense of dread as you play. The sound is fantastic and adds so much to the creepiness. The music is extremely sparingly used, and what is there, is ambient and in the background. The only time it picks up is during certain scenes I won't describe for fear of spoiling something. If there is other music that I didn't notice, it's because it's so perfectly blended into the game. Speaking of spoiling, I highly recommend you go into this game blind if you can. The moments that shocked me would have had much less impact if I knew they were coming. If you are a fan of horror games, then this is a must buy. If you are a fan of games in general, I highly suggest you give it a shot. There are very few modern survival horror games of this type that receive the universal acclaim this game has received. If you have never played a survival horror game, this is a perfect entry into the genre. Capcom has provided 3 difficulty modes to fit every gamer. Hardcore for the survival horror experts, Standard, for those comfortable with shooters of this nature, and Assisted for those completely new to the genre, or for those who have difficulty aiming with a controller. If survival horror games intimidate you, there is no shame on giving it a go on an easier difficulty. It's such a great game, it would be a shame for someone to miss out on it. I can't recommend a game more highly than I recommend this one. Go out and play it! Expand
  74. Feb 3, 2019
    Maravilloso lo que ha conseguido CAPCOM con este JUEGAZO. Resident Evil 2 ya era, de por sí, mi videojuego favorito de toda la franquicia y esto no hace más que afianzar eso. Las sensaciones que transmite este juego son demasiadas como para contarlas. Por momentos sentía mucha nostalgia por las similitudes que hay con el original, pero había momentos donde si lograba sorprenderme conMaravilloso lo que ha conseguido CAPCOM con este JUEGAZO. Resident Evil 2 ya era, de por sí, mi videojuego favorito de toda la franquicia y esto no hace más que afianzar eso. Las sensaciones que transmite este juego son demasiadas como para contarlas. Por momentos sentía mucha nostalgia por las similitudes que hay con el original, pero había momentos donde si lograba sorprenderme con alguna que otra cosilla además de esa tensión constante en la que te mantiene el juego para que no puedas pararte ni un solo momento a descansar. En ningún momento del juego pude sentirme tranquilo, siempre sentía que era observado o que en cualquier momento aparecería algo que me haría saltar de mi asiento. La atmósfera está muy bien lograda y el Soundtrack acompaña muy bien cada situación. Esto va más allá de un simple Remake, esto es un juego totalmente nuevo, es el Resident Evil 2 reimaginado en una forma totalmente distinta a la original, desde el apartado técnico/gráfico hasta la jugabilidad y la narrativa. Este Resident Evil 2 se inspira en su homónimo de 1998 pero sin querer ser un calco de éste. Recomiendo ampliamente a todo el mundo que le de una oportunidad este juego. Nunca creí que volver a Raccoon City sería tan aterradoramente divertido. Expand
  75. Jan 29, 2019
    An excellent remake and a very serviceable PC port.

An excellent remake and a very serviceable PC port.

It makes enough changes to keep things fresh while still feeling very faithful to the original, and the shift to the more action oriented over the shoulder view doesn't make things any less tense or difficult as ammo management and avoiding unnecessary fights are still very much needed for survival. As cliche as it is to say, I honestly think this is a game that both old and new fans of Resident Evil can enjoy.

If Capcom decides to remake Resident Evil 3 as well, if it's like this one then I would be more than optimistic for it's outcome.
  76. Jan 31, 2019
    To many it is a nostalgic feeling to be able to play this game yet again from a whole new perspective. To new players, this is a circus of virulent horror which will definitely claim them as fans of the series.

The story has been polished and refined to perfection, the re-playability is through the roof and the challenge remains high. On the note of performance, the game boasts

On the note of performance, the game boasts beautiful graphics, yet can run at very high FPS even on older machines, making it playable by a large amount of people without the need to upgrade their PC. The optimization is excellent, and the range of customization of the graphics options just proves the dedication of the developer them to make this game as excellent as it once was, and more!
  77. Feb 15, 2019
    Amazing remake that perfectly pairs the atmosphere of the old game with graphics, sound design and pace of this era.
  78. Feb 6, 2019
    Absolute masterpiece! Not just a remaster but a remake that stays true to the original, executed with near perfection.
  79. oso
    Feb 16, 2019
    Capcom has definitely proven how a remake should be done. They made an outstanding recreation of the original Resident Evil:2 with some reasonable quality of life changes (like the 3rd person view) but kept the original feeling of the game by also offering old-school elements for the hardcore fanbase.
    I didn't find a single aspect of the game that could be criticized - be it the technical aspects or the replayability - its simply incredibly well done.
  80. Feb 3, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game remaster is the simply perfection continue on this way capcom,great history perfect graphics and optimization ,great music clasic option,magnific game recomended all clasic players and news in this saga... Expand
  81. Feb 15, 2019
    An average, overrated game, worse than the original - less types of enemies, design of locations and monsters is not that good (again, worse than in the original game that was released over 20 years ago). But it's the best RE game since 2002, so, it's quite satisfying.
  82. Feb 10, 2019
    Resident Evil is a series that passed me by when I was a kid and the series was at its peak. I played one of the early games back in the day but never finished it because I struggled with the controls and camera. I decided to try out Resident Evil 2 because I saw a playthrough on YouTube and I’m glad I did.
    The game has received a massive Graphical overhaul and although it stays true to the original game there is a whole new section and monster to deal with whilst the tension and atmosphere feel fresh. I’ve never played a game with such a sense of hopelessness before as my resources dwindle.

You can play through RE2 with either Leon or Claire and whilst both playthroughs will take place in the same setting there are differences to each. It’s well worth playing through both possibly multiple times. Zombies are very well done in RE2 as are the rest of the monster roster with varying degrees of difficulty and ways of bringing them down. The quiet moments of the game get your heart pounding as you edge your way through the darkness. The narrative is well done and whilst it maintains some of the cheesiness of the originals it feels very up to date in this remake.
    RE2 look stunning. The dark areas are proper dark, and the map is filled with detail. The animations are fluid and believable and the map in general just feels believable. The puzzles are meaningful and the added stress of worrying about the resident ghoulies really sees you making some funny errors even in the simplest of tasks. The 3rd person camera feels great and the character models nicely detailed. Performance wise RE2 never put a foot wrong.
    Playthrough on the normal difficulty took me between 7 and 8 hours for each character and I definitely see replay value as I am sure I’ll be playing through again. Capcom show here how a remake should be done and I hope they give some of their other games similar treatment.
  83. Feb 8, 2019
    This is the best game I've ever played. I've been gaming for 21 years, I'm 24 years old. The original Resident Evil games on PlayStation are one of my greatest childhood gaming memories, when the REmake came out on GC I had a PS2 so I only got to see other people play it or via videos on the Internet (this was before YouTube) I remember being desperate to play the game. Skip forwardThis is the best game I've ever played. I've been gaming for 21 years, I'm 24 years old. The original Resident Evil games on PlayStation are one of my greatest childhood gaming memories, when the REmake came out on GC I had a PS2 so I only got to see other people play it or via videos on the Internet (this was before YouTube) I remember being desperate to play the game. Skip forward several years after I'd eventually played and loved the original, to more recently when the Resident Evil 2 remake was announced I was ecstatic, of course in this day and age with ALOT of sub-par AAA games I tried not to get my hopes up too high like I have done with several other games I'd been excited for (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, Far Cry 5, Dead Rising 4 etc) and been let down dramatically so, but Resident Evil holds a special place in my heart, and it does not disappoint. This is easily not only the best remake I've ever played, but the best game I've ever played. Not since I was a little kid have I gone to bed and not been able to sleep because I was thinking about a video game, Resident Evil 2 gives me that sensation and more, I love it, and you will too (If you're not easily scared) Expand
  84. Feb 28, 2019
    Very fun, replayable and enjoyable remake. I really enjoyed every second of it, the PC version was done very well, the game itself is like a big return to it's roots.

P.S. Dear administration of Metacritic, first of all I have to point out that "The Overpowered Noobs" is just a blog and not a professional gaming site, and Alexander Leleux is a non-professional reviewer who scored the game 7/10 in order to gain attention for his unpopular gaming blog.
    And it's a big shame that you took serious the score of non-professional person, the game was holding 90/100 score over a month, and it's a shame that the score of some unpopular blog had it's impact and made it a 89/100 score(the game itself was holding 90/100 score over a month).
    Remove the score of "The Overpowered Noobs".
  85. Feb 16, 2019
    Espectacular remake, gráficos y mecánicas estupendas, se nota el trabajo que hay detrás, la experiencia de terror es enorme y real, y por su puesto, un apolítica de DLC's gratis. Imprescindible.
  86. Feb 24, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 is the pinnacle of a franchise that’s on an upswing after a series of ups and downs. It’s the product of a Capcom that understands its fanbase and reverently respects its survival horror roots. Resident Evil 2 improved nearly everything from the original without screwing anything up in the process, and it will be remembered as another Resident Evil classic because of it.Resident Evil 2 is the pinnacle of a franchise that’s on an upswing after a series of ups and downs. It’s the product of a Capcom that understands its fanbase and reverently respects its survival horror roots. Resident Evil 2 improved nearly everything from the original without screwing anything up in the process, and it will be remembered as another Resident Evil classic because of it. This is Resident Evil at its unprecedented best, and it’s awe-inspiring to witness. Expand
  87. Feb 22, 2019
    No esperaba que fuera tan bueno, recrearon muy bien RE2, y lo ajustaron para que se sintiera una nueva experiencia aunque ya se conociera la historia. El juego esta muy bien optimizado, que incluso puede funcionar con gráficos integrados. No se esperaba que Capcom hiciera tan buen trabajo, que ha convertido esta entrega en uno de los mejores remake de la historia.
  88. Feb 26, 2019
    Just brilliant, what an update. If you like Resident Evil you HAVE to buy this
  89. Feb 2, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 Remake

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Das Resident Evil 2 Remake ist das Remake des Klassikers von 1996. Im Vergleich zum Original hat sich an der Story nicht viel getan. Man spielt wieder als Leon Kennedy oder Claire Redfield. Dabei wurden die Zwischensequenzen in die Spielegrafik übertragen was diese nochmal deutlich aufwertet. Für Veteranen wurden einige neue Storyelemente und Zwischensequenzen eingeführt. Mehr soll hier auch nicht verraten werden, da das Spielgefühl sehr von der Unwissenheit des Spielers lebt.

Im Gegensatz zur Story hat sich beim Gameplay einiges getan. So gibt es nun keine festen Kameraperspektiven mehr sondern eine Schulterperspektive welche dem Spieler in Actionsequenzen einen besseren Überblick gibt und für ein völlig neues Spielgefühl sorgt. Dennoch verkommt das Remake nicht zu einem reinen Actionspiel. Durch ständige Munitionsknappheit und einige (zum teils doch recht knifflige) Rätsel wird der Erkundungsdrang des Spielers gefördert. Durch gutes Sounddesign und atmosphärisches Lichtspiel kommt auch der Horror nicht zu kurz. Gespielt werden kann auch wieder im Veteranen Spielmodus mit nicht weniger Munition und stärkeren Gegnern.

Die Spielzeit ist mit gut 7 Stunden pro Charakter auf dem leichtesten Schwierigkeitsgrad zwar nicht besonders lang, jedoch hat das Spiel durch seine verschiedenen Möglichkeiten die Story zu erleben einen hohen Widerspielwert. Insgesamt müsste man die Story viermal (zweimal mit jedem Charakter). Auch die Zusatzkampagne "The 4th Survivor" sorgt noch für weiteren Spielspaß.

Schlußendlich kann man sagen das Capcom ein richtig gutes Remake und sogar ein richtig gutes eigenständiges Spiel gelungen ist. Eine absolute Kaufempfehlung geht an alle Horror und Resident Evil Fans
  90. Feb 6, 2019
    This is the best game of all the time...........i finished with the 2 caracteres he have amazing sound and gameplay!!
  91. Feb 7, 2019
    One of the best remasters I've ever played.
    One of the best remasters I've ever played.
    Developers took main part from the original game and put some advanced features from other games of RE series. And it just works great. I didn't get that feel like I'm playing the same game as 1998 version but with new cover. I like how they assembled all the best in this remaster and left all the most iconic things in the place. Story line feels a little bit different but that's even better.
    Also I like how Capcom treats its customers.
    I don't regret a single cent, well done, devs.
  92. Feb 7, 2019
    I liked the game, as long as I managed to play it.

Pros: Good graphics and good optimization; Perfect sound. If you have a good 5.1 setup or Dolby Headphones it will make your hair stand up; It is quite an work of art in a way, the producer didn't cut any corners and brought to light one of the best horror survival games to date. Bad: The difficulty is horrible. The game play has
    I liked the game, as long as I managed to play it.

Pros:
    Good graphics and good optimization;

Bad:
    The difficulty is horrible. The game play has absolutely no mercy for you. Everything you do has to be planed to the tinniest bit. Every mistake you make and get over, it will turn back to bite you, so hard that you will probably have to restart the game or reload a very old save. For instance if you don't use the wooden boards on the windows cleverly, you will have big difficulties in getting past the zombies further in the game. If you don't manage to save the ammo, you'll end up restarting the game. Even on assisted mode the game is still very difficult. Every move you make on the map, has to have at least two calculated possibilities until you make it. You'll have to save and reload a hundred times to pass a certain boss/situation.

If you are the meticulous type and you enjoy a challenge, then this game is for you. Every other normal human should probably buy something else. For me it was a no go, because there was more stress then pleasure in this game while playing it.
  93. Feb 8, 2019
    Excellent, and entertaining game!

Thoroughly enjoyed it. This is definitely a perfect sort of remake. Everything about this remake was executed well, felt like a modern game yet retained its classic roots feel. Has to definitely be one of the best survival horror games so far. PRO's: Very good graphics Very good gameplay Good classic story line CON's: Very short as RE games
    Excellent, and entertaining game!

PRO's:
    Very good graphics
    Very good gameplay
    Good classic story line

CON's:
    Very short as RE games are ;(
    Hardcore mode could have been harder, was not too difficult for me. Doom on Nightmare was hard!
    I missed the upgrading the magnum parts like the previous original RE2 had. :(
  94. Feb 17, 2019
    Оптимизирована игра великолепно, можно настроить настройки графики под себя. Саундтрек сменили на мрачный эмбиент, звуки электроприборов, скрипы, шорохи, делают игру атмосферной. Весь полицейский участок погружен во тьму, играть из-за этого действительно страшно. В ремейке теперь Леон не молчит, а реагирует на каждый звук, если зайти в темный коридор, он будет себя успокаивать. Уже вОптимизирована игра великолепно, можно настроить настройки графики под себя. Саундтрек сменили на мрачный эмбиент, звуки электроприборов, скрипы, шорохи, делают игру атмосферной. Весь полицейский участок погружен во тьму, играть из-за этого действительно страшно. В ремейке теперь Леон не молчит, а реагирует на каждый звук, если зайти в темный коридор, он будет себя успокаивать. Уже в начале 2019-го может появиться сильнейший претендент на звание игры года Expand
  95. Jan 26, 2019
    Survival Horror Masterpiece Capcom out did themselves good job guys now make us a residednt evil 3 nemesis!!! Will buy day 1 again.
  96. Jan 26, 2019
    Zombie lovers will like this game so much! Intense game play, beautiful graphic and so much fun! As a zombie fans I really recommend this game! GOTY 2K19!!
  97. Jan 27, 2019
    First of all Capcom has done a great job on the PC version of this game in terms of optimization in the performance and customization in the options. You can really set the settings to your own liking (also very short loading times).

Ok, the game is good, it's fun. Exploring the environments, puzzles, graphics, even the cutscenes and characters, all excellent. It mostly reminded me of RE7 with the inventory and simple but streamlined weapon upgrades and you can tell it's made with the same graphics engine.

From the design of the game it is obvious you are not supposed to kill every enemy but instead run past many of them by either creeping, baiting an attack and then running or stunning with a bullet or grenade then running. The problem is when you can't do that enemies will grab you and this triggers a micro animation every time and it get's irritating when there's nothing you can do about it. If a licker shows up your supposed to be able to creep past it but realistically you have to kill it as there will also be other enemies near by that you have to run past and that will alert the licker.

Boss fights are another weak element to the game. Runaway turn around shoot, runaway turn around shoot. And because your so slow and enemies are so fast you always get grabbed or hit which again becomes annoying.

I think the longevity of this game will come down to speedrunning and possible future game modes like mercenaries. The question is do you want to speedrun this game when the enemies are such a pain.
  98. Jan 26, 2019
    Would I say this is a 10? Maybe not but it's definitely close, I would've probably said 9 but as usual we have the weird little folk who love to down vote games for whatever reason to make themselves feel powerful on the internet *flex*

Game play feels very similar to that of 4, apart from the fact that it has the puzzle style of Resi 2 as you could imagine, I find myself back in 1998 when this game came out sitting in fear of pixel zombies, now I am sat here 21 years later in fear of very realistic and jumpy zombies waiting to jump scare me whenever they can.

If you like the original and Resi 4 style gameplay this is a no-brainer (geddit?!) and even got Leon to keep us company throughout.
  99. Jan 29, 2019
    I don't own the game but i've seen playthroughs and i like it.

Posting the review here just because i can even if i haven't played the game.
  100. Jan 25, 2019
    The most beautiful game released in 2019 so far, wonderfully fun and completely faithful to the original. The definition of a perfect remake. The graphics, gunplay, zombies, puzzles, and story are all done wonderfully. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this game. We'll see what else gets released this year, but as far as I'm concerned we already have the first GOTY contenderThe most beautiful game released in 2019 so far, wonderfully fun and completely faithful to the original. The definition of a perfect remake. The graphics, gunplay, zombies, puzzles, and story are all done wonderfully. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this game. We'll see what else gets released this year, but as far as I'm concerned we already have the first GOTY contender right here with RE2. Expand

1. Mar 14, 2019
    A worthy nod to the original.
  2. Mar 6, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 isn’t terrifying per se, but it oozes atmosphere and there’s a thrill to slowly discovering its setting even 20 years later. Ironic, that a very old game might breathe new life into a series, but it’s made a fan out of me at least.
    A true remake in every sense of the word, Capcom’s 2019 Resident Evil 2 captures the heart of the original in a wonderful recreation.