2.1

1. Dec 26, 2016
    This game is ugly, sounds bad, takes forever to load, is filled with glitches and bugs, and is just not fun to play. I'd love to list the pros, but frankly this game doesn't have any.
  2. Mar 22, 2017
    This is for sure the most dismal theme park game yet. Coasters are flexible but always a big chore. The rides are glitchy and you can't even choose where the entrance and exit are placed. Paths are terrible so is modular building sucks. One good thing about the game is really just the management but you can't see through that when the guest's animations stink and having to place a buildingThis is for sure the most dismal theme park game yet. Coasters are flexible but always a big chore. The rides are glitchy and you can't even choose where the entrance and exit are placed. Paths are terrible so is modular building sucks. One good thing about the game is really just the management but you can't see through that when the guest's animations stink and having to place a building just to hire staff is terrible. Don't buy this because in about a year you'll see this in the dollar store for 99 cents Expand
  3. Feb 27, 2017
    Awful game glad I got It free Via Torrent. Like most games. Not a Idiot who pays for crap like this. They knew CoasterPlanet was coming and tried to compete.
  4. Mar 17, 2017
    The most disappointing game I have ever installed on a PC. It is as if it is not a whole game. But, do you think Atari or Steam cares? Heck no, They got your money at the register. They know it's a one-way deal from your pocket into theirs. I rate this game zero.
  5. Nov 24, 2016
    This game is a bad joke and pls dont buy it. Atari makes big lie with promotion of a legendary game series. RCTW is not from the same team of RCT3.

The game is broken! The game crashes, lagging and freezes. The animation a weak and the coaster mechanics are stupid. The Developer doesnt have the knowledge of Coasters. Look the stupid Spinning Coaster.

0 Points for this bad broken game.
  6. Nov 23, 2016
    Pros:
    - Has the words "Rollercoaster Tycoon" in its title
    - Lots of rides to choose from and put down
    Cons:
    - Bugs
    - Terrible NPC design
    - Terrible Pathing System
    - Lots of Bugs
    - Pretty Much Unplayable
    - Oh, have I said bugs yet?
  7. Nov 30, 2016
    They took my money with alot of promisses but never delivered. The development has been a joke and the content updates since the summer have been pathetic. This game should have never been launched in this state. NEVER. And i hope to god this game does so bad so the game industry can look at this train wreck and see that at some point. Players will get FED UP.

About the game : A buggy

About the game : A buggy mess, no simulation at all (or alteast not one that makes sence). Horrible coaster physics. A coaster editor that's nice for making noodlesoup but a nightmare to work with if you want to make real world coasters. A total lack of art direction making this game look soooo dated. and BUGS BUGS BUGS. Stay away from this.
  8. Mar 31, 2016
    Frustrating and currently I can't seem to find any fun in it... which is sad. I don't really care about the graphics, cartoon style is fine with me, however the actual mechanics of the game are very difficult to get your head around, the path system should be nice and looks powerful but its clunky to use. the coaster designer again looks powerful but is a nightmare to use. shops all lookFrustrating and currently I can't seem to find any fun in it... which is sad. I don't really care about the graphics, cartoon style is fine with me, however the actual mechanics of the game are very difficult to get your head around, the path system should be nice and looks powerful but its clunky to use. the coaster designer again looks powerful but is a nightmare to use. shops all look the same, very little in-depth control of staff, rides, themes etc. visitors all seem to be individuals. staff buildings are way to big and are slightly unnecessary. but mostly there is no humour in this game, its just not that fun. however they could fix most of this. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2016
    I paid for this game in October 2015 and I paid for a Full Version. Today I got this "Early Access"-Version and it is simply horrible.
    I immediateley lost interest within minutes. The handling, the bad graphics. There was nothing I could love, there was no soul. Nothing really reminded me on RCT 1-3.

Everyone paid for an ongoing Beta (without knowing). But maybe by the end of the year the game will be quite cool. Right now I doubt it.
  10. Nov 26, 2016
    One of the of the worst releases of 2016 and it caught a lot of people off guard which were expecting a quality title as it has the RCT name behind it. Buy Planet Coaster instead which is from the developers of RCT2 expansions and the full RCT3 game.

The reason I give this a 0 is there was constant lying from ATARI about the games development and the fact they were selling a Early Access title in retail stores with a warning so small and vague 99% of people would not know any better.
  11. Nov 26, 2016
    This review refers to the games current state at about release date...

This review refers to the games current state at about release date...

This is a slightly upgraded RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 ... with less content but some nice comfort options in terms of coaster building. The visuals are nice and for the most part quite detailed ... but still do look sterile - which makes the amusement park always look like a model park rather than a simulation of real life.... meaning .. even a carefully contructed park will never really look organic.

Building coasters is as much fun as it was in RCT 2 .. along with riding them - but after a while (a short while) i felt like it was missing a SUBSTANTIAL amount of substance. The game rates coasters in a very unintuitive way. Excitement rating for example depends mostly on the accumulation of cosmetics in the rides range of influence . not on the twists and turns you make so much. But at the same time the game does not quite distinguish between what fits where ... so you can pretty much pile a lot of cosmetic crap somewhere and gain rating.

Then there is the lack of ride variety - compared to RTC 2+DLCs ... no water rides for example, no exciting underground contruction of coasters (not that i have manged it anyway) a VERY limited variety of "attractions" on a ride (like snapshot cameras, flashlights, REAL cosmetics like tunnels or mountains etc.) ... there is no split coaster that splits into two independent rides that gain excitement from twisting and turning around each other in a well timed manner - and the wild mouse (my favourite) does not have tight corners anymore (those tight 90 degree corners do not exist anymore)

Well most of the above is myself ranting about missing featuers that may well be dilivered later (after all - RTC 2 needed 3 DLCs to be complete, too)

However - then there is the unlocking part of the game - which forces me to play through fairly boring tutorials and challenges just so i can get to my favourite part - sandbox with economics. There is just no other way to unlock all the rides any other way.

Also the game locks up (0% load freeze) or simply crashes every now and then (which means not commonly but certainly regularly)

On my medium computer (which is well within the recommended requirements) - i can also not afford to build a full sized park. Building a somewhat complex park over like 2 expansions brings the game to a crawl.

In terms of "wishlist" i would have also liked a better economy, more weather and weather that affects the customers, more customization of rides (especially flatrides, shops and stalls) and maybe more non attraction rides (like transport trains - because a fully expanded park is too big for a customer to travel on foot - and i cannot build a "coaster" with 2 stations)

HOWEVER - the game is fun ... because it is essentially RTC 2 ... which is fun. And additional content can make it much better. Building coasters and riding them always is awesome.

But for now - i would recommend to keep playing RTC 2+DLCs .. and wait for RTC3 to either come up as a budget deal or as a bundle with possible upcoming DLCs combined.
  12. Nov 24, 2016
    I really love theme park games. I really do. And even in the bad ones I see something good.

But Rollercoaster Tycoon World is a such a bad game... don´t waste your money on it! DO NOT WASTE!
    You will regret! YOU WILL!
    It is like RCT 3.5 and is like from 2006... OMG DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY
  13. Feb 13, 2017
    After so much waiting, early bird game bought just trusting this company revealed in an useless game. The game is not smooth and versatile compared to planet coaster.
  14. Jun 29, 2017
    This could 've been such a great game, but Atari just failed. It has so much potential, but the game is almost unplayable. The designs (rides etc.) are just bad, there are major fps - and crash-issues, and the peeps just become random sticks when you zoom out. There's a good coaster builder, there are some nice ideas ('VIPS', restaurants(piece by piece and pre-made), rides and themesThis could 've been such a great game, but Atari just failed. It has so much potential, but the game is almost unplayable. The designs (rides etc.) are just bad, there are major fps - and crash-issues, and the peeps just become random sticks when you zoom out. There's a good coaster builder, there are some nice ideas ('VIPS', restaurants(piece by piece and pre-made), rides and themes etc.), but as said already it's a pain to play, unfortunately. Expand
  15. Jun 18, 2017
    Seriously as bad as other reviewers are saying. I picked this up because the deluxe edition was $20. I figured since it stays updated, a lot of the bugs and stuff would be worked out. I was completely wrong. $20 is still too much for this. The new coaster building mechanic is great, but that is all I can say. I logged 72 minutes on and played a total of probably 5 or 10. Loading times areSeriously as bad as other reviewers are saying. I picked this up because the deluxe edition was $20. I figured since it stays updated, a lot of the bugs and stuff would be worked out. I was completely wrong. $20 is still too much for this. The new coaster building mechanic is great, but that is all I can say. I logged 72 minutes on and played a total of probably 5 or 10. Loading times are ridiculous and it kept crashing so I kept losing my progress. Even with sandbox mode, the parks are TINY. Remember in 3 how big sandbox mode was? Well, you're not getting that here. When it comes to thrill rides and "flat rides" as they call it, the selection is pretty good, encompassing some items that aren't in other games, but still lacks a lot that 3 had. When it comes to coaster selection, it's laughable. Sure they look better and more detailed, but there are only a handful. 3 had so much more. Despite having better graphics, I can't recommend this over 3. You'd think in almost 13 years we'd get a good RCT return.. but nope. Just bad. Really really bad. I figured the reviews were over-exaggerating, but they're not. Expand
  16. Mar 24, 2018
    wow stupid game bad graphics hard to build but if this is your first roller coaster game you should like it but roller coaster tycoon 3 is way better worse game i have ever played
  17. Jan 25, 2018
    I would advice not to buy this game because it is full of bugs.
    also the rides do look nothing like how they would look in the real world the same goes for their animations. The coaster designer is okay but nothing more than that.
    Piece by piece building works sluggish and some parts are scaled way bigger than how they look in the normal world. You get fooled by the screenshots they
    I would advice not to buy this game because it is full of bugs.
    You get fooled by the screenshots they showcase most of them are enhanced by photoshop unlike planet coasters ones.
  18. May 7, 2017
    What the f*ck happened? This game couldn't of been bad if the glitches weren't everywhere, but they are everywhere! It is gay and a game like this I hyped, but the end result is this bull ****
  19. Nov 22, 2017
    I really enjoy playing this game, however it will not stop freezing my computer. It has frozen at least 6 time within a 2 day time frame. Something needs to be fixed about this, because it is impossible to play. I would love to give this game a higher rating, however due to not being able to play it long enough to enjoy it, i can't rate it higher.
  20. Feb 4, 2020
    I pre-ordered this game and played it during the early access. Followed along with the developement updates posts/videos. I had faith that where they said the game was heading, was true. They lied.
    Either the developers straight up lied about things they were going to implement or fix, or Atari cut them off from spending more time fixing it.
    Either way, the end result is a broken, sub-par,
    Either way, the end result is a broken, sub-par, lifeless, buggy, shallow game.
    The ONLY good thing here is the rollercoaster builder, and even THAT is not without bugs.
  21. Aug 21, 2020
    Easily one of the worst games of the past decade. Looks worse than rct3 from 10 years before it. Unplayable and so immensely ugly
    Play at your own risk and carry a defibrillator in case the game sends you into cardiac arrest

Generally unfavorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 18, 2016
    Rollercoaster Tycoon World has so much potential. All of the base pieces are here, and the game’s content is being expanded to match that promise, but stability problems and bugs hamstring what could be a solid park creator. There’s a fun game here…but you can’t experience it if the game won’t stop crashing.
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Dec 5, 2016
    It would be a quite decent theme park simulations if it weren't for all those bugs, crashes and a sub-par performance.