7.8

1. May 18, 2019
    Very immersive & well-narrated story. Very well-crafted world that leaves you wanting for much more when the game has finished. I can imagine playing 2-3 sequels or prequels of Sekiro.

The only negative for me is that it's way too difficult. Heard an easy mode is coming, so that should fix it for many potential players.
  2. May 18, 2019
    It is only looking back on the game now I have completed it that I can give it a 7.5/10.
    After the first dozen deaths on the poop flinging monkey boss, I would have given it a 5, and after the first 25 deaths on the final boss, I would have given it a big fat zero.
    The discussion on the difficulty of the game is a key as to whether you will enjoy the experience. I have the patience of a Saint to most games, but I nearly uninstalled this game unfinished on a number of occasions.
    Am I pleased I struggled through the frustrating times? Not really to be honest. Once Final Boss went down, the sense that at the end of the day its just a Video Game, you actually get nothing for "winning" and you have just wasted weeks on a futile endeavour, is overwhelming.
    Contrary to other negative reviews regarding combat mechanics, for me this was the best part of the game. Nicely balanced and nuanced, with some good subtleties to the experience. Enemies were varied, and some of Boss Battles thrilling and intense.
    Worst part, apart from difficulty spikes in Boss fights, was that age old problem of camera suddenly being stuck jammed up against the wall or on the ceiling so you can't see diddly squat as you get the bejeezus kicked out of you.
    Buy and play this game if you have that psychological bent where you need to "suffer" for your gaming.
  3. May 17, 2019
    As most people probably already know, the game is very challenging. If it's your thing to get off by bashing your head against the wall and spending hours (yes literally) fighting the same boss until you figure out the pattern and memorize it then this game is for you. Took me about 100 hours to complete the game and I'd say about 30% of that was grinding to level up skill and 30% of itAs most people probably already know, the game is very challenging. If it's your thing to get off by bashing your head against the wall and spending hours (yes literally) fighting the same boss until you figure out the pattern and memorize it then this game is for you. Took me about 100 hours to complete the game and I'd say about 30% of that was grinding to level up skill and 30% of it was getting my ass kicked over and over again on the boss fights. It took me like an hour to defeat the first mini boss! Spent 8 hours on a couple of bosses each. Of course this goes way quicker if you actually look up tips on how to fight the boss which I would not consider cheating because even after you know what needs to be done, executing it is quite another story in and of itself. The story was OK but the VO acting was pretty darn good though. I am in NG+ and it seems to have very little replayability IMO. Its no Bloodborne but I would say I like it better than the Dark Souls series which I can't seem to get into. If you are into Japanese lore and like a challenging game I think it is worth a peek. Expand
  4. May 13, 2019
    This is the first 'Souls' game I enjoy for the gameplay. The game is rough on new players, but never unfair.
    When you get well versed in the parry system, you can feel like a badass shinobi and steamroll all enemies even bosses.
    I understand that Souls games are not for everyone, and they know that, they are not even trying to please every snowflake that can't take a difficult game and I love them for it.
    They could have been a bit more deep in the lore, but the gameplay is more than enough.
    An easy 10.
  5. May 9, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an addicting yet challenging and unforgiving journey of clashed swords, gigantic monsters and spilled blood, although sometimes it comes with some unfair camera angles.
  6. May 8, 2019
    Don't let the little fool you. In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice you will die a million times+ . Yes this is one of these games you will enjoy playing but probably will never finish it.

The graphics look really decent. The combat is fluid and definitely a highlight of the game. It is punishing, one mistake might cost you life. I would like game to explain fighting little bit more. There are few ways of countering incoming attacks. It is rock/paper/scissor mechanic due to the lack of proper tutorial less skilled players will find it really difficult to defeat some tougher enemies. Game has lots of mini bosses. Dont worry though game has a really clever resurrection mechanic, in the event of death game lets you use resurrection power to offer a 2nd chance. You will most likely die again but hey at least you could try to tip the scales of death in your favor.

You need to use controller for the optimal gaming experience. I could not play comfortably with K/M, I just prefer to use controllers for these ports. Game is playable with K/M but controller is a way to go.

Game does not support 21:9 resolution which is a big negative for me. Fortunately there are skilled people out there who come up with the fix to this problem. Fix which can be obtained from WSGF website get rids of black bars. It works similar like the fix used in Dark Souls games. Any movement caught on camera outside 16:9 is captured in frames which breaks immersion a little bit so make sure to have your camera centered. All items and HUD is placed within 16:9 aspect ratio but it is ok. The only problem is stealth mechanic and visual feedback when you are low on health. In both cases 16:9 part of the screen will be covered with dark grey or red filter. The picture outside 16:9 will be normal. It is annoying but you can get use to it. Other than this game looks stunning in 21:9. So if you are blessed with UW monitor make sure to use the fix and play it this way.

Artwork is sublime and the setting is really well done. It makes me want to explore the world. I would love to have some sort of difficulty scale slider but these games are all about the challenge so if you are looking for a game that will test your skills better be ready.

I would easily give this game a 10 but lack of 21:9 support is a big let down. It would not cost developers that much time to recognize this immersive style of gaming.

Pros:
    - graphics & artwork
    - fighting mechanics
    - setting
    - challenging

Cons:
    - lack of 21: 9 support
    - too difficult

Score: 9/10 - absolutely worth getting !
  7. May 7, 2019
    Made it through the whole game, and I consider it a masterpiece. Especially the combat is demanding, fresh, dynamic, risky and rewarding, precisely everything what combat is not in modern RPG games, where you just press a single button and your stats fight for you. Sekiro's combat best capture the spirit of a swordfight, the necessity to feel the rhythm and the flow of the endlessMade it through the whole game, and I consider it a masterpiece. Especially the combat is demanding, fresh, dynamic, risky and rewarding, precisely everything what combat is not in modern RPG games, where you just press a single button and your stats fight for you. Sekiro's combat best capture the spirit of a swordfight, the necessity to feel the rhythm and the flow of the endless back-and-forth exchanges of the initiative, and after drilling a demanding encounter enough so that you are finally able to win, every victory in this game is rewarded by deep sense of accomplisment.

Aesthetics of the game are top notch - level and character design, architecture, music, everything is dripping with atmosphere, easily immersing the player in the grim and moody world of this particular interpretation of the Sengoku Jidai period (dragons, ghosts and dark magic are in, by the way). When discussing "realism", one must realize that this is the mythological Japan we are talking about - Arthurian Britain would have to contain Merlin, magic swords and eniightment-bringing Grail, so similarly, Sekiro brings dragon blood, search for immortality, demons and tengus from the prop department to conjure up a one-of-a-kind story to tell.

Not everything is perfect, however, especially on the technical side of things. The problems with locked framerate, typical for console ports, are present as well, and were solved only by a third party mod tool, which is less than ideal. The graphic engine shows its age, using a sort of dithering instead of true transparency, which creates really ugly dithering artifacts in some situations. The camera traditionally fails to track your opponents when the action speeds up, and sometimes shows a piece of your garment from 1 inch distance while the unseen enemy cuts of your head. Performance suffers from unused network calls that are mistakenly left in the code - once again, a problem solved only by a mod.

However, the small glitches must be forgiven, since Sekiro is a unique, intense, one-of-a-kind experience that in my opinion belongs rightfully among the very best games that have ever been produced. Well done, FROM software, you certainly know your craft!
  8. May 6, 2019
    This game for me is undoubtedly the best game I ever played. The challenges, bosses, mini bosses, graphic, combat, and giving you the freedom I how you want to play the story. I really am lost for words, but the only reason it got a 10 from me because I can't go any higher, lol. Anyone that love gaming and a challenge do not hesitate to buy this game, is worth every penny.
  9. May 5, 2019
    Most criticisms are about the game being difficult and not being a Dark Souls. And the game really is not a Dark Souls, if you think this you are very wrong, it does have elements of Dark Souls, but it should be evaluated as a different game.
    Pros: The game's combat is great and works great, with Sekiro's hook all gotten too wide. The artificial intelligence of enemies is great since they can do just about anything you can do against them. You feel that you are evolving every moment and every defeated enemy is really a sense of victory. You can face enemies in a variety of ways: either on stealf, taking out your HP or breaking your posture.
    Cons: The story is not very interesting but it's still good. Some enemies are powerful enough to even give you hit kill, frustrating enough you make a single mistake and die. The "dragon disease" caused after you die sometimes is very appealing, having to spend an item every time it happens (several times), but sometimes you do not even notice the difference, you should have thought of another way to punish yourself after the death. The bosses are not as interesting as FromSoftware is customary to do and some Mini Bosses are repeated, except that some Mini Bosses are more powerful than the bosses themselves, which makes no sense at all.
  10. May 3, 2019
    really good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!
  11. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  12. May 2, 2019
    Fast combat, git good parry mechanics, stunning visuals, great mobility. The game is made in a such a way that it starts in a "normal mode" for the 1st time you play it, with no option to got on hard mode until you complete it once. Once you do complete the game, you instantly noticed that enemies that you thought are too difficult, now feel perfectly balanced, if not too easy, so itFast combat, git good parry mechanics, stunning visuals, great mobility. The game is made in a such a way that it starts in a "normal mode" for the 1st time you play it, with no option to got on hard mode until you complete it once. Once you do complete the game, you instantly noticed that enemies that you thought are too difficult, now feel perfectly balanced, if not too easy, so it offers you the ability to unable the actual hard mode (return Kuro's charm). Some people are disappointed in the removal of RPG elements, but I actually prefer this skill-based game-play, instead the constant search for upgrades in other FromSoft games. It's a 10/10 and gave more than 80 hours of fun across 4 runs of the game. 100% worth! Expand
  13. Apr 30, 2019
    Sekiro is a masterpiece made by a director who is no stranger to making all time greats. I am actually appalled that this game received lesser scores from critics due to unwarranted bias like learning curve of the mechanics, difficulty, and streamlined and reduced RPG elements. The amazing combat/gameplay, art direction, soundtrack, atmosphere and graphics are all right up there withSekiro is a masterpiece made by a director who is no stranger to making all time greats. I am actually appalled that this game received lesser scores from critics due to unwarranted bias like learning curve of the mechanics, difficulty, and streamlined and reduced RPG elements. The amazing combat/gameplay, art direction, soundtrack, atmosphere and graphics are all right up there with Miyazaki's three best Demon souls Dark Souls and Bloodborne. The game is an all time classic and easily one of the greatest video games ever made and that is no exaggeration.

Sekiro sitting at a 89-90 on metacritic is an insult to how good this game is. The game is not accessible to everyone who cannot handle difficulty (7.7 User score reflects this) but it is deserving of a 95 on metacritic and being ranked right up there with the greatest games ever created.
  14. Apr 30, 2019
    OK, I update the review after I finished the game, and from the 3 of 10 gave before, I'm going to increase the vote up to 6 of 10.
    For me the game is unbalanced. You start the game nearly without equipment or skills, and have to farm exp to unlock some necessary mechanics. Every early boss is nearly impossible, requiring nearly hundreds of tentatives to be completed. I quitted the game for that reason. After all videos watched online I gave it another chance, and after unlocked some skills and items the game became... easy. After you get how to use Shinobi Firecracker, every boss becomes easy. You just have to parry some attacks, use SF, buff yourself and... done. For me one of the worst decision made by From was that parry actually damages the enemy. You can kill all the bosses of the game just parrying attacks, transforming an action-rpg game on a rythm game. Even the pattern of the bosses are not well made. They don't have different attacks that can be concatenated to make strange combos. They just have combos easy to forecast.
    So the game in the start is frustrating and hard, in the end becomes easy. For this I said in the start that the game is "unbalanced". Even all the prosthetic tools and skills are nearly useless. You'll use everytime 23 of them. I had the feeling that the game wasn't meant to be played "as you want", but as IT WANTS. This is the risk on making a true and pure action game, and this is the problem of this game. A deepness and profundity like this was acceptable 10 years ago. Now everyone wants to modify the character, have rewards exploring, and things that an RPG game should give you.
    The world of Sekiro it's a bit repetitive, but it's not bad. The problem is that you're not encouraged to explore it, because at least you'll find some little ( and not interesting ) lore details, or just an item to uprade your stats. The problem is even that more you explore the game, more you upgrade stats, and more the game gets easier.
    One nice thing is that you're going to find a lot of secret bosses around the world. I really appreciated that thing. I also appreciated that all the "hard bosses" have an idol near them ( bonfire of dark souls ) so you don't have to walk for minutes before to try again ( you have to do this only with secret bosses ).
    The game itself is funny to play after you pass the first 1520 hours of playing. The problem resides in the fact that in the first 20 hours you'll be stucked, and then you'll fly until the end of the game without problems.
    So, it's a nice game and deserves to be played, but it's not the "game of the year" and things like this.
  15. Apr 28, 2019
    Well, im going to explain this in pros and cons

Pros -i like the graphics Cons -Everytime you die your money dissapear -Dragons rot affects characters -Its literally boss after boss so if you struggled at one just wait for the next one thats literally after that one -you die and die at one boss till you get how you can beat him, either beat him by luck, or remember his strikes
    Well, im going to explain this in pros and cons

Pros
    -i like the graphics

Cons
    -Everytime you die your money dissapear
    -Dragons rot affects characters
    -you die and die at one boss till you get how you can beat him, either beat him by luck, or remember his strikes so you know when to attack and when to parry, or just watch a walkthrough
    -The whole time you just parry
    -The whole game just focuses on just fighting bosses

I wish they atleast tried harder to make a game that had an amazing story, that really catches you in it, they had such and opportunity to do so, i like story games more than just fighting games
  16. Apr 26, 2019
    It was my first FromSoft game and it was amazing!!! The game is challenging and Its battle mechanics are perfect. It was an amazing journey playing this game. My only issue with the game is THE CAMERA.
  17. Apr 26, 2019
    Buen juego. Con la típica dificultar de fromsofware. La mecánica de bloqueo tiene mas peso que la mecánica de esquivar, pienso que ahí radica que a muchos fans de darksouls no les agrade mucho. Optimización sobresaliente, corre muy bien en una GTX 1060.
  18. Apr 26, 2019
    Un truño como un puño.
    Yo jugando a este juego:
    -¿Qué?...¿qué?...¡¿qué?!...

Metal Arms es mejor. A glitch in the system.
  19. Apr 26, 2019
    If this is PS4 version, I would gave it 7/10 because this game isn't mean to be played with controller. It's PC game purely on the logic that, you need to use all of your finger to press every buttons in order to play and feel like a badass.
    The game is everything you want from Form Software. With the exception that Moonlight Blade is nowhere to be found. This game has one of the most enjoyable swordplay system I. The 'deflect' system was one of the best contribution Form Software gave to the industry. Just for the experience of deflecting boss attack instead of 'keep rolling rolling rolling rolling' is already worth the price.

-1 point for requiring mod to fix the camera and lock-on bug.
  20. Apr 25, 2019
    Yes its challenging and its not for a casual player. So be prepared for a lot of try and error.
    The gore and blood is, for a young playerbase, very pleasing. But as I am a little older gamer I just find it annoying and not really helping. Dont get me wrong, I loved stuff like that when I was young too. But I just dont anymore! The boss mechanics are shallow and not entertaining at all. After you figured out how the games work it becomes a chore and killing is a repetition of the same procedure over and over! The story is meh and not the main reason why people buy this game. So if you are just someone who wants to brag that he has beaten a hard game thats deffinelty a game for you. Otherwise its a spin off of dark souls in a new costume.
  21. Apr 25, 2019
    So,there are some people that are like, I don't like it because it's not DS, I'm like, well you right about "SEKIRO" not being DS, lol, my dudes, From didn't start with Soulsborne games, so if you want to compare Sekiro to DS and BB you should also compare them to Armored Core, hehe, for me Sekiro has by far the best combat system and the world is the most beautiful one, now don't get meSo,there are some people that are like, I don't like it because it's not DS, I'm like, well you right about "SEKIRO" not being DS, lol, my dudes, From didn't start with Soulsborne games, so if you want to compare Sekiro to DS and BB you should also compare them to Armored Core, hehe, for me Sekiro has by far the best combat system and the world is the most beautiful one, now don't get me wrong, I love DS, DS 1,3 and BB (let's forget about the 2 ok), and I have an especial place for DS3 in my heart for introducing me to this wonderful franchise,but right now I can't even think about leaving Sekiro, its just too much fun, but I do agree with you guys when you guys say that there is a lack of customization options,thank God that we have mods for that !!! About frame drops, well I played in PC(I5-4440 3.10ghz 16 ram and a Geforce GTX 960) with high settings and it stayed between 50 and 60 the whole game !!! The story is great especially if you eavesdrop and give sake to people so you can hear their memories, so Overall, IMO apart for some minor camera issues, Sekiro is the most fun and rewarding game I ever played in my life !!! I give it a 9.6/10 !!! BB is a 9.3/10 DS1 is a 9.1/10
    DS2 it's an 8/10 and DS3(It's the First Soulsborne I played, it is special) it's a 9.5/10 and until Sekiro came out, it shared the top spot with God of War 3 as the best games I ever played in my life, GOW 4 is a 9.4, Red Dead 1 its a 9.3 and Red Dead 2 its a 8.9 !!! Sekiro is amazing and I'm just Loving everything about the game !!!
  22. Apr 24, 2019
    This game looks pretty cool, the movement and controls are fluid, and I like the game world. It really looks like the type of game I'd like. However, FromSoft games are just too difficult for some people such as myself. I don't really know why this company refuses to have difficulty settings for those of us that don't have the patience/aptitude for this type of game. I appreciate thatThis game looks pretty cool, the movement and controls are fluid, and I like the game world. It really looks like the type of game I'd like. However, FromSoft games are just too difficult for some people such as myself. I don't really know why this company refuses to have difficulty settings for those of us that don't have the patience/aptitude for this type of game. I appreciate that some people enjoy the satisfaction of beating difficult games, but Sekiro (and the Dark Souls series) just aren't my cup of tea as presented. Expand
  23. Apr 24, 2019
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    I never liked ANY of the Souls-games. Not even the ''more friendly for noobs'' DS3. But!
    Sekiro:SDT is a masterpiece of fast-paced combat, high risk and high reward, in a fantasy setting with more history than myth, and more blood and anshes than spells and miracles. Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character! One of the games that i'll
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character!
    One of the games that i'll always remember for a few scenes that became instant-classics for me (i.e. the Great Shinobi).
  24. Apr 23, 2019
    I rate this product with 0 mark, because of a huge frustration and disappointment which this game gave me. I beated all the parts of the dark souls series many times, but suckkiro is way too hard for me. The game counstantly holds you in a hard tension and concentration. Two hours in this game feels like I have played 24 hours. This is not a game already its more like some kind of a humanI rate this product with 0 mark, because of a huge frustration and disappointment which this game gave me. I beated all the parts of the dark souls series many times, but suckkiro is way too hard for me. The game counstantly holds you in a hard tension and concentration. Two hours in this game feels like I have played 24 hours. This is not a game already its more like some kind of a human performance test. I dont like parryng **** in dark souls and I never used it. Sekiro - the whole f game is parrying, wtf FROM? No balance, ordinary enemys are worthless, but boss battles are completely impossible. You can die from one shot easely and this is expectable and acceptable, but its not when bosses have tons of hp. Expand
  25. Apr 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  26. ABR
    Apr 23, 2019
    Whole budget gone on the advertisement. No RPG, just "hardcore" slasher with aftificial difficulty. FROM could make a good game, but they made this. Thanks for DS: Remastered anyway, better go in Anor-Londo for a vacation.
  27. Apr 23, 2019
    Absolute MASTERPIECE! One of the best games I've ever played in my life! Amazing combat, amazing exploration, amazing aesthetics, amazing boss fights, perfect difficulty and overall a fantastic product! All true gamers should buy and play this amazing game!
  28. Apr 23, 2019
    I really wanted to like this game but having played it halfway through I've grown to dislike its linear approach with everything and sheer tediousness of boss and mini-boss fights. When with previous From games I would be excited for new challenges and encounters, this one makes me almost dread progression and makes me wish I would be over with with the game already.

This game seems to

This game seems to be designed for very specific gamers who liked the challenge runs in previous Souls games, or added difficulty through multiple NG+ cycles. While this is certainly many Souls players, most people won't enjoy punishing difficulty with demand of mastering the game in order to succeed. Options like leaving a boss fight to level up and then try later, or summoning outside help no longer exist, leaving you with only one options that is "git gud", if you have time, patience and nerves for it.

I really feel like this game is a step back from Bloodborne, which I consider a masterpiece, and hope that this is "just a phase", not a direction From is taking with every game from now on.
  29. Apr 22, 2019
    It's not very different from souls games hence From Software. Like any souls like games you have to forget everything you know and take one step at a time. Literately. And build up as you go. I like love how we are introduced to a new - hopefully - series game.
  30. Apr 20, 2019
    Great game from From Software. Ive played it for 75 hours. 2 play throughs.

+ Combat. Demanding and rewardning. + Story. + Aesthetics + atmosphere. + Gameplay in general, level design + bossfights + stealth is great. + Parry-fest. I played a parry-build in DS1, DS3 and used the parry alot in BB. So i enjoy it. A matter of taste. - No different weapons and gear makes exploration
    Great game from From Software. Ive played it for 75 hours. 2 play throughs.

+ Combat. Demanding and rewardning.
    + Story.
    + Aesthetics + atmosphere.
    + Gameplay in general, level design + bossfights + stealth is great.

- No different weapons and gear makes exploration less rewarding, allthough prosthetic arm and skilltree works fine. However:
    - Prosthetic tools not that impactful. They should have been more like the secondary mode/attack in Bloodborne. The prosthetics are really nice but since they cost emblems to use they get somewhat limited which is a shame.
    - A bit busy on the controller. Especially the X-button (square on PS4) is crammed with **** Using items becomes a chore compared to Bloodborne and DS.
    - Dragon rot mechanic that makes NPCs sick creates unnecessarty stress when you die. However it doesn't have that much of an impact.
    - Wierd enemy AI and sightmechanics. Can get frustrating at times.
    - The difficulty level is sometimes unnecessary punishing, specially in the first playthrough. However, the game became easy the second time i played it. It took me 3 hours to beat a specific boss my first time, but my second playthrough i beat him with ease only taking 1-2 hits. So be ready to git gud.
    - Lack of replayability. Unilke DS and BB i don't really feel the urge to return to the game after finishing it the second time. And it's mainly because of the lack of weaponry and difference in playstyle. However, i do want to play the bosses agian so maybe i will return.

= Great game. I hope for a great expansion that adds at least 20h of gameplay.
  31. Apr 17, 2019
    Another timeless Masterpiece by From Software.
    Thank you so much guys. Please do never stop making the awesome games you do
  32. Apr 17, 2019
    Sekiro, the latest game from FROM Software is frustrating and great at the same time. While in enjoyed the aesthetics of the Dark Souls games more, it was an incredibly fun game. Once you figure out the parrying and movement system and it clicks you truly feel like a ninja.

Bosses were very difficult though, since you dont have different armor and weapons it seemed way harder than the DS games. The prosthetic arm felt like a gimmick and wasnt always useful.

Graphics looked great and it ran without problems.
  33. Apr 17, 2019
    Que decir... Repetitivo hasta el cansancio, (parry esquivar parry esquivar parry esquivar, así se resume lo que más vas a hacer en el juego).

Jugué a todos los darksouls y me encantaron, jugué Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice y me aburrí de él en menos de 2 horas. En darksouls tenes parry, pero no necesariamente hay que usarlo ya que hay otras tantas formas de combatir. En Sekiro, usar el

En darksouls tenes parry, pero no necesariamente hay que usarlo ya que hay otras tantas formas de combatir. En Sekiro, usar el parry es para lo que vivís, y es para lo que te compraste el juego.

No es un mal juego en cuanto a calidad, pero es un juego diseñado para jugarlo de una sola forma muy específica... Forma que yo, encuentro exageradísimamente aburrida y repetitiva.

Honestamente no esperaba mucho del juego porque desde que vi el trailer lo primero que pensé fue, "si hay que hacer puro parry rematar siempre al enemigo, se va a volver repetitivo muy rápido. Va, que se yo, capaz así te lo muestran y luego el juego tiene mucho más". Pues no... Tenes herramientas shinobi y una que otra boludes más, pero lo que más tens que hacer es usar parry y rematar... Aburridísimo.

Los enemigos estan completamente desbalanceados y los controles no funcionan como corresponden. Cuando utilizo la modalidad de entrenamiento para practicar habilidades, funcionan perfecto... Cuando las aplico en el campo de batalla, la mayoría de las veces no funcionan.

Los enemigos comunes pueden atacarte mientras los atacas pero tu a ellos no. una incoherencia que perjudica gravemente la jugabilidad, y por lo tanto el disfrute del juego. Muchas veces me ha pasado de terminar de bloquear un ataque enemigo, y cuando inicio a atacarlo, y mientras lo estoy golpeando, lanza un ataque de la nada que no puedo bloquear por estar justamente atacando. (Estoy hablando de enemigos normales, no bosses o algo así).
    Ahora, cualquier enemigo que te ataque, tu no puedes atacarlo mientras te ataca, o esquivar, o bloquear, (spameé estos botones justamente para probar si se podía... Pero no).

No puedes mejorar a tu personaje, (o si). Dejenme explicar... Para mejorar al personaje necesitas objetos que se consiguen avanzando en la historia... Pero que vas a necesitar mucho antes debido a lo desbalanceado que está. Subir de nivel solo te permite desbloquear habilidades, las cuales son situacionales y en el común denominador no aporta nada a las peleas ni al desarrollo de las mismas.

El sigilo falso. Al inicio fue cuando más me entretuve con este juego, pues había de todo tipo de lugares para aprovechar el sigilo... Algo que luego una vez avanzas, descubres que era un concepto falso ya que hay muchas areas donde no puedes utilizar el sigilo, y te toca combatir cara a cara.
    No solo esto, sino que la IA de los enemigos, o está mal programada, o tiene errores. Muchísimas veces los enemigos me ven, y voy tras una pared, me subo, me escondo, etc... Y mágicamente aunque no me vieron subir hasta ahí, si que saben que estoy ahí porque... Porque FromSoftware sabrá, ya que no tengo ni idea de como carajo saben si no me vieron.

En fin... Desbalanceado, repetitivo, con problemas en la jugabilidad, progresión que no recompensa para nada, le doy un 6, y me estoy arriesgando.
  34. Apr 16, 2019
    This game is not good at all and it has a bad storyline and also I did not expect that poor from from software.
  35. Apr 16, 2019
    when starting Sekiro as a souls veteran who never felt shame in summoning or farming to get past the harder bits, it felt quite impossible to overcome the challenges provided in this game. 4 hours in i really wondered if i was ever gonna finish it. however, with persistance and patience anything becomes possible. This is the lesson Sekiro taught me. I am currently struggling on the finalwhen starting Sekiro as a souls veteran who never felt shame in summoning or farming to get past the harder bits, it felt quite impossible to overcome the challenges provided in this game. 4 hours in i really wondered if i was ever gonna finish it. however, with persistance and patience anything becomes possible. This is the lesson Sekiro taught me. I am currently struggling on the final boss, but in contrast to the feeling i had with the first boss of the game there is no doubt in my mind that i will finish it. I will stress that i am not a pro gamer, nor do i have much time to play (less than i want to anyway :)) Yes it is hard, very hard. but a slow 38 year old like me can still beat it if willing to learn the mechanics and getting used to it. The game requires faster reactions than the souls games, but if i can manage, most gamers will be able to, it all boils down to 1 thing: are you willing to learn, when it will take hundreds of deaths. If you are, than Sekiro is definitely for you. If you aren't, best avoid this game.

I gave it a 9 out of 10 because perfection doesnt exist and the graphics aren't god-like. but i am pretty enthousiastic about this game after breaking trough the frustration wall that is the first few hours of Sekiro.

Sekiro is a learning experience. not just learning the game, but learning about yourself and the strength of muscle memory. even if the first bosses gave me the feeling i was dying without learning anything, persist with Sekiro and you shall be rewarded with more than a credit-roll and a trophy. A true feeling of victory upon every challenge conquered and a biology masterclass about procedural/motor memory.
  36. Apr 15, 2019
    As a fan of the previous From software titles, I had high hopes for Sekiro. Sadly, I am very disappointed with the game for various reasons.

The combat is very restrictive. You don't have weapons, armor or classes to choose from. You have one weapon and a few tools which only have niche uses. The parrying mechanic which could be skipped entirely in the previous games is now the core mechanic you are required to use constantly. In other words, fights are based on split second reactions to what your enemy is doing. This alone wouldn't be bad if it weren't for two reasons.

First, this mechanic simply doesn't work well with crowds of enemies. If you need to pay close attention to what your opponent is doing and time your reaction appropriately, you cannot handle multiple foes at once, especially when some of them are off camera. So you end up running away which is far too easy in this game. This makes you inclined to just skip minions by running past them until you get to the next shrine.

The second problem is that bosses simply take too long to defeat when you play the game the way it is supposed to be played. I'm sure that many speedrunners have found ways to cheese bosses in order to kill them quickly, but if you actually use the reactive gameplay of Sekiro, aren't perfect and don't absolutely use every opportunity you got, then some bosses will take forever and are just exhausting or even boring. A good example is the giant ape boss, who is very easy to defeat if you take your time, but takes so freaking long that the hardest thing about him is not to get impatient and rush in because you finally want to be done with this boring grind. Furi also has quick reactive gameplay, but it is fun and exciting because the pacing is good. Imagine playing Furi but every boss had ten times the amount of health and can easily one shot you if you stop paying enough attention for just a second.

Then there is the stealth mechanic which is an absolute joke. My guess is that the reason they put it in the game was because the combat, as mentioned before, doesn't work well with groups. So what are you supposed to do when there are groups of enemies? Sneak around them and stealth kill them one by one. This also sounds nice on paper but the implementation is horrible. The biggest problem is that you don't feel like a stealthy ninja at all. Most enemies in the game are deaf and blind. You can make loud noises right next to them or walk in their line of sight them without them noticing you. And your "stealth kill" is as loud as a gun shot. It's a joke. Not to mention that it is complely unnecessary since, as mentioned before, you can very easily just run past enemies even when they are alerted. So sneaking feels just like a waste of time and you will be seen eventually in a new area anyway because you don't know where all the enemies are positioned or which of them are blind and which aren't. So what will you do? Spend an hour trying to sneak through an area while trying to memorize all the locations and patrol routes of enemies, or just run past all of them to the next shrine which takes like five minutes?

Graphically speaking, Sekiro is very ugly game. Drab environments, poor animation and a lack of that From Software 'polish', as if it was developed by an inferior division of the company, out of a scrapped prototype.

The last thing I want to mention is that Sekiro doesn't feel rewarding. I played more than half of the game in hoped that the gameplay would grow on me and what annoys me the most is the feeling that I essentially didn't get anything for my trouble. If this was a Souls game then at least I would have a unique character who was formed by his many adventures by now. But in Sekiro, I still have this ugly dude who is an exact copy of everybody else's character who plays the game. Yes there are some RPG elements but I wonder why they even bothered to put them into the game. If I cannot level up at my own leisure but only when I get to certain points in the game, then the game could just balance out the damage and health of the enemies so that the initial built can be used the entire time. The game gives you the illusion of progression but when you think about it, you as a character don't progress at all. When you get to the point where you deal more damage, you also get to the point where enemies have more health so it all evens out and is essentially meaningless.

Overall a horrible game that is overrated because of From's reputation rather than because of its own merits.
  37. Apr 15, 2019
    Okay, so this game is quite good but like every fromsoft game it has many problems.
    Pros:
    AMAZING world design
    Good level design
    Almost every bossfight is great...

Cons
    ... But they copy&paste like 20 bosses/minibosses.
    Combat system is subpar
    No replayability
  38. Apr 15, 2019
    The game would be a solid 9/10, but the difficulty overall brings it down to 8.
    One of the highlights of 2019 and another great game in the legacy of Soulsborne series.
  39. Apr 14, 2019
    This is the first time in YEARS that a game's difficulty has made me feel like a pathetic worm, like *I* am unworthy of *it* as opposed to the game being unworthy of my time.

Remember the first time you played Demon's Souls or DS1, and that feeling of stunned anguish whenever you got your teeth kicked in by an early boss? Remember actually jumping out of your chair from pure joy when you FINALLY beat the S.OB.?

That's how this entire game feels - and I am in heaven.

In case it's not clear enough, Sekiro isn't just "hard" - it is excruciating. No multiplayer means you have no crutches for ultra-hard bosses; nobody coming to save you. Much like the game's setting in sengoku-era Japan, Cheese just doesn't exist and it will be impossible for you to cheese your way through any boss fight.

Git Gud Scrub
  40. Apr 14, 2019
    I was disappointed when I was few hours in. I did not expect a Soulslike game but I expected another Fromsoftware-jewel. I liked Sekiro but it was below my expectations.

Or so i have thought. Now I am loving Sekiro. Pros: + The game looks astounding + Atmospheric, especially mid - late game. + Great music + Important NPC's take a huge part to the story + Storytelling and

Or so i have thought.

Now I am loving Sekiro.

Pros:
    + The game looks astounding
    + Atmospheric, especially mid - late game.
    + Great music
    + Important NPC's take a huge part to the story
    + Storytelling and Cutscenes are on point.
    + "Into the feels" moments
    + The areas are connected to each other and you can take different paths
    + World events depending on where you are story-wise (small and huge scale)
    + Lore through items, memories from bosses, eavesdropping, giving drinks to npc's
    + Rewards exploration but on a different manner than Soulsborne games.
    + (Main) Bosses are, even compared to Soulsborne, high quality.
    + Enemy variety is high + many have an interesting concept. They are fitting to the concept of the game and fit to the area they're in.
    + There are different endings and some of them need requirements. You are never forced upon an ending, you need to meet the requirements but you can also decide to go for another ending.
    + Fighting is quick, feels cool and rewards quick thinking, muscle memory and experimentation. *No, it's not just parrying.
    + Stealth is implemented but you are (almost) never forced to use it. It just can make things easier.
    + No matter how far you are in, you can still die to the first enemies.
    + Falling from cliffs or high ground doesn't instakill you - Yay
    + You can swim and it doesn't feel like ****

Cons:
    - Sometimes feels unfair, especially in early game and at some minibosses.
    - For the most part, minibosses are just copied to other stages of the game.
    - Minibosses deal extremely high damage, yet have around 2 - 4 moves at their disposal which makes them hard and annoying at the beginning and a piece of cake after several hours experience.
    - Fogwalls till you kill the miniboss make this even worse
    - Some Minibosses require items to effectively kill them. These items are consumables, hard to aquire until late game and makes it very frustrating to die to them.
    - 2 Bosses who can literally 1 Shot you in NG+ and beyond
    - 3 and 4 Phases-bosses is too much
    - Terror ............
    - Own posture mechanic is weird. Gotta stand still or move around till own posture recovers. But most of the time it doesn't matter since enemies won't react properly after breaking your posture.
    - No weapon variety. I know shinobi's share a bond with their weapon blabla but I prefer having different weapons over historical accuracy.
    - the "stat system", idk how to call it but it feels unrewarding and unnecessary
    - For some very odd reason gotta hold a button to collect drops from enemies

To sum it up:
    Sekiro is different from Soulsborne games. Even if you love the series, it's still no safe bet that you like it. And that's fine, that's what a new IP is for. However, it shares Fromsoftware's DNA and at some point, you will compare it to Soulsborne.
    Sekiro has improved on many levels but has also worsen on other levels. It's harder than Soulsborne games, sometimes due to artificially but most of the time due to the wide combat system.
    I would compare the difficulty level of Sekiro to Bloodborne: Old Hunters DLC.
    Minibosses are my biggest complaint but even there are few cool, unique and memorizable encounters.

I highly recommend Sekiro.
  41. Apr 14, 2019
    The game is fine. The story invites you to continue playing. The difficulty is high and I like that. But Port to PC has a lot of bugs. Enemies see me through walls or mountains. The controller does not work correctly, and if I play with a keyboard on the screen it shows me the controller controls.
    In combat, often blocking without losing posture enemies damage me. The same if deviation or blocking. The selection of enemies fails continuously, mainly in bosses. The game needs a patch urgently.
  42. Apr 14, 2019
    Sekiro is not what i expected. I expected basically samurai souls, just like nioh was samurai gaiden, but what i found was not that. However, i can also say that i want more of what i did find.

Sekiros combat-system feels great, its fast-paced and even regular mobs can destroy you if you screw up. You have a rather simple arsenal of techniques to use to defeat the challenge that is sent your way, but that also means that your own understanding of those same techniques and how they interact becomes more important than before. Your own play-style sometimes doesnt work with certain encounters and trivializes others, and i personally love that. An example of this is the contrast between two bosses, Lady Butterfly and Genichiro.

Lady Butterfly is regularly one of the bosses people tend to talk about as very difficult and several people have told me that they stopped playing the game due to not being able to beat her. For me, she was kind of trivial. Dash in, get her timing down and parry, shuriken when she is in the air to knock her down etc. (Lots of similarities between her and the succubus in Nioh actually). I took her down after about an hour of trying.

Genichiro, however, destroyed me. He is really fast, tends to make distance and punish you for trying to close that distance and then also punish you when you dont. He has a mid-air volley that wrecks your posture and your day. So my way of playing didnt work, and after a few hours i decided to go back to basics; Be aggressive, punish everything, parry when needed and always try to get attacks in whenever there is an opening. After a few tries, he was dead. That, i feel is the key to the game, being able to adapt.

The prosthetic arm is fun. I still giggle when i run around and spray peasants with fire or parries an attack and appear behind the enemy whispering softly in their ear: "Nothing personal, kid". However, Its sadly easy to forget in combat and most of its tools are seldom useful outside of very specific situations.

The story is great, even if it feels like it gets interesting far too close to the end. The lore feels like it desperately needs dlc and sequels to be fleshed out. The characters are okay and the world feels interesting.

So lets discuss the elephant in the room. The design when it comes to difficulty. I think personally that the difficulty is fine, it gives you a false sense of strength sometimes just to slap you out of it, but you always get to struggle to get that feeling back. However, some bosses feel like they dont cater well to the games mechanics, one i particular. This boss is the blazing bull. This boss feels, in my opinion, really out of place. It is cool, and it sure as hell isnt expected when it pops up, but it doesnt make use of the combat mechanics as much as your patience and ability to react to its erratic movement. I didnt find it fun, but i do accept that not everything can be perfect. Bloodborne had the amygdala, DS3 had the ancient wyvern and Sekiro has the blazing bull, thats fine but i do feel like it could have been better on that point.

And god damn it, Miyazaki. Please, just give us more weapons, the ability to modify the katana and change our outfits. Please. The weakest point in this game is quite literally the lack of customization, but given a sequel, im sure it will be improved just like dark souls was a large improvment on demon souls.

To summarize, Do i recommend this game?
    Yes. Hell yes, i do. At least if you dont expect dark souls 4 out of this, cuz youre not gonna get that. However, it is a fun challenge, the world is interesting and the combat is in my opinion the next best one yet, only falling slightly behind bloodborne. This game feels like an attempted trip into unfamilliar waters and it does well, but a sequel is needed to really see what From software can actually do with this setting and these new mechanics. I personally cant wait for an expansion or a sequel.
  43. Apr 13, 2019
    Just another souls-like game but this one needs more precision. Parry system is good don't know why people thinks it's bad, it's just different.

mixed setting 720p 30fps vega 11(stock) 2666mhz ram.
  44. Apr 13, 2019
    The best single player game I have played for years. Fun and unique boss fights, beautiful environments and cool elements of stealth and prostethics.
  45. Apr 12, 2019
    srsly the ones who give negative reviews should not play a hardcore game. just go play AC games with the easiest difficulty.
  46. Apr 12, 2019
    Fantastic game. From did it again, and created game worth your time to learn its mechanics. To be honest i was tired of stale Souls formula, so emphasis on stealth in this game, more free movement (jumping, grapling hook) and different combat basics (posture, deflecting, deathblows) make it really fresh, while hard enemies encounters are loyal to souls legacy. Lore is interesting, mainFantastic game. From did it again, and created game worth your time to learn its mechanics. To be honest i was tired of stale Souls formula, so emphasis on stealth in this game, more free movement (jumping, grapling hook) and different combat basics (posture, deflecting, deathblows) make it really fresh, while hard enemies encounters are loyal to souls legacy. Lore is interesting, main bosses are fantastic duels, story is not that hidden as in Souls which make it more interesting game to play.
    The only real flaw i see is rehashing mini-bosses fights, it would really be better game with more enemies variety and maybe more different biomes (game is coherent in its world design which good, but it also reduces diversity of levels). Game is excellent but seems smaller than other From software games.
    Anyway- its one best games ive ever played, my second favourite From game (after Bloodborne) and clearly best game ive played this year. Masterpiece.
  47. Apr 11, 2019
    Spider-Man: Trainer activated

Enjoy the unique japanese Spider-Man, where you don't need to kill anybody or upgrade attack power or health. Just spam the grapling button and fly trough the whole area to the end, where you meet boss or mini-boss, who will kill you on 1 hit. That's why, you don't need to upgrade your health or attack power, because both is useless. But if you manage to
    Spider-Man: Trainer activated

But if you manage to kill anybody, just walk behind him and press attack, which is instakill. And if you fail that, get ready for the Assassin's Creed parry style. Just keep holding block, wait for enemy to hit you and then press attack button to get another instakill.
    End up with activated trainer, because you won't have nerves for this sh*t and just go trough the locations, because you've already paid for this.
  48. Apr 11, 2019
    In this game, you will be fighting bosses for most of the time - I've reached the final boss by the way. So, what about the combat? Well, you are pretty much glued face to face with your opponent for 80% of the time. Sekiro is a fighting game (with some light stealth segments).
    There are two genres of games I don't like and never have: sport games and fighting games.
    Also, there is zero
    Also, there is zero weapon variety which makes the combat even more lackluster.
    What a pity.
    Oh well, I'm sure FROM will be back with a great action RPG after this little misstep.

On the positive side, the atmosphere is really nice and almost have the same qualities as the souls games and Bb.
  49. Apr 11, 2019
    so weird .. people saying its too hard and even harder than ds series .. i played ds 3 and could't event get past the first boss thought tried like 15 times. deleted it immediately and told myself that maybe this type of games is not for me too hard and of course didn't try even to play bloodborne ...

this game comes out from the same company and i didn't have any thing to play at the time really so i've decided to give it a shot plus it's about shinobis, samurais and **** ;)

of course i struggled a bit at first .. the first mini boss beat the crap out of me like 5 times then i restarted the game to take a better look at the tutorials .. and after realizing that the best way is to use deflects the game become much easier .. and now me .. the one who couldn't even beat the first boss in ds 3 completed this game in 3 days and i like it sooo much .. that satisfying feeling u get when u defeat a boss who kicked ur ass like 20 - 25 times is awesome

so i finished the game and immediately started new game plus .. and this time i'm a master of deflection xD .. the hardest boss took 2 tries for me to beat only 2 tries ... this is coming from me the noob who couldn't do **** in ds 3

maaan this game is awesome .. to me it's noob (referring to myself) friendly
  50. Apr 11, 2019
    very good game, but way to frustrating. With the time and energy it takes to git gud at this game you could have an A in calculus. Not worth it at all
  51. Apr 11, 2019
    In my view Sekiro is a decent but not great game. While far from being awful, this game does not deserve the high scores that it has received as result of the unexpected zeitgeist From Software has enjoyed for the past decade. While some aspects are fun and well presented, its shortcomings ultimately stem from From Software's attempt to combine two types of games into one, while doingIn my view Sekiro is a decent but not great game. While far from being awful, this game does not deserve the high scores that it has received as result of the unexpected zeitgeist From Software has enjoyed for the past decade. While some aspects are fun and well presented, its shortcomings ultimately stem from From Software's attempt to combine two types of games into one, while doing neither of them very well, or at least not nearly as well as those that are top of class in each category.

Sekiro is a ninja/samurai action game and it's a stealth game. While the combat is okay, it is, in my view, completely outclassed by Nioh which not only has the parrying mechanic of Sekiro, but multiple weapon types, 3 stances per weapon and dozens of moves per weapon. Sekiro tries to nail the dance of sword fighting, but Nioh executes that dance much more effectively with greater variety and a much smoother frame rate. The limited attack options in Sekiro basically come down to a game of blocking, parrying, jumping and attacking with a simple fixed combo. The challenge of the game is in learning each enemy's attack patterns and selecting the correct sequence of parries, jumps and attacks to break their posture and deliver a deathblow. When first presented this feels very challenging, but as soon as it is memorized it goes from challenging to trivialized as you learn to fight in the game's intended metronomic fashion, simply keeping the beat until you can deliver a "shinobi deathblow" (fancy name for quicktime event) rather than engaging in dynamic combat. Because the AI is very simple, enemies rarely mix up attacks like they do in Nioh. This combat system is further marginalized by the inconsistency of quicktime shinobi deathblow. Sometimes a red dot appears when you sneak up on an enemy without them noticing, other times you can repeat the exact same scenario with no dot. The jankiness of this mechanic is demonstrated most often in the context of dropping onto an unsuspecting enemy and baiting enemies around corners-- situations in which triggering the quicktime shinobi deathblow seems at times truly random. I'm not sure if this is because the game wants you positioned in a very specific way and fails to account for what is displayed onscreen, or if the variable framerate is to blame. In an event, it creates a sort of randomizing effect to the game where sometimes I found myself missing kills I felt I had earned, and at others getting kills I felt I did not. This aspect significantly erodes notion that one can "get gud" (or not be good) at the game.

As a stealth game, Sekiro does much worse compared to the best in class, namely, Metal Gear Solid. The stealth options and AI in Sekiro are behind the original Metal Gear from 1998, and the game is so far behind the stealth mechanics of MGSV that it's not even comparable. At times enemies will spot you when you are completely out of sight and at others they will fail to notice you when you are right in front of them. Unlike Metal Gear, enemies make no changes in their behavior based on your actions. A quick assault and retreat does not result in reinforcements being called in, nor do enemies change their combat tactics or armor choices to defend against over-used attacks. This is a shame because stealth is such a vital component of any ninja/shinobi based game. It seems like a missed opportunity since From Software jettisoned the RPG elements of its previous games in order to focus on the shinobi archetype, which was them hamstrung by lackluster stealth mechanics.

From Software has made a fair game, but in order to be great you can't just make a new IP that is decent or perhaps better in some regards than your previous games, you must make a game that competes with what others have done in the space you are trying to occupy. Sekiro falls short of this, but it's still a decently enjoyable game to play for a short stint. I will say that some aspects are well done and more enjoyable than From Software's previous titles. The speed of the game makes it more engaging and as always, the art direction is excellent. From Software's games are always presented with a certain serious mood and artistic design that makes them beautiful to look at and the color palette of feudal Japan is their best yet. The music and voice acting, particularly the work of Noshir Dalal, are spot on. Unfortunately, actually playing the game is not nearly as captivating as looking at it.
  52. Apr 11, 2019
    ok i don't know why there's a character limit for reviews i just wanna say that the game is really fking good. that's all.
  53. Apr 11, 2019
    If you are a member of fromsoftwares cult this review is not for you, on the other hand if you got interested in all those 90+ reviews - don't - I bought game based on those reviews and it was worst time I've had since very very long. Not everyone has tens of hours to repeat same thing and get nowhere.
    Unfair, terrible from technical perspective with scarce content and story written by 5 y.o. slow kid. Random mechanics, bosses animations changing midway (they react faster to your controller inputs than your own character), performance problems, g-sync makes it unplayable, fps lock, no fov control or widescreen support. While fighting bigger enemies (like deamon of hatred) - forget about any normal games mechanics - hitboxes on them are so much broken that basically best way to bet them is run around to stay behind (you can beat most of non-human enemies this way - for example both bulls). Game encourages going around mechanics to balance it's unfairness. I would not recommend it to anyone with exception of people that are extremely happy in their live and need portion of anger and frustration so they can feel how it is, if you play games to have fun - you will be better playing Cuphead instead, unlike this piece of ... terrible coding example, Cuphaead i hard but fair and gives satisfaction upon beating - not just relief that frustration will finally end.
  54. Apr 10, 2019
    First of all my real score for this game is a solid 9/10. Why did I rate it 10?
    Well after reading some weird 0/10 reviews and reasons behind it, I had no choice.
    The review: - Solid, very satisfying gameplay and mechanics. Being able to stealth, grapple trought the envirement or rushing some trash mobs is realy fun and amusing. (Also, you can swim!!!) - Typical FromSoft story,
    First of all my real score for this game is a solid 9/10. Why did I rate it 10?

The review:

- Typical FromSoft story, confusing but interesting and a couple of wtf moments as well as the know side quests. But some of those side quests could have been better tbh.

-Boss fights are good, hard, but good. Only minor point here is that sometimes bosses feel to recycled.

- Great music overall, but less compaired to what we are used to in DS and BB.

In general this is a well executed games, sure its not the same as BB or DS, but thats what they were going for. Do I miss some features from those previous games? Yes... I realy do. But it does not ruin the game at al. But yeah it has to be said, when it comes to replayability, Sekiro is kinda a bit of a let down.
  55. Apr 10, 2019
    Very, very good game.
    Combat is a perfect mix of FromSoft X Rhythm game.
    Very much like dark souls if not more forgiving in some aspects.
    But definetly much tougher in others.
    Best looking FS game.
    It actually looks beautiful sometimes.
    Music is barely noticeable.
    Copypasted minibosses.
  56. Apr 10, 2019
    Actually seriously overrated game. Seems like people just enjoy it because it is a From Software game.

Major issues ruining the game: Stealth is bad: foes can spot you through walls but not when you're by their side, they can follow you through grass, walls (again), and pretty much anything in fact, making the only disengaging option rushing on a roof and waiting. Combats are really

Major issues ruining the game:
    Stealth is bad: foes can spot you through walls but not when you're by their side, they can follow you through grass, walls (again), and pretty much anything in fact, making the only disengaging option rushing on a roof and waiting. Combats are really slow and boring.
    The only difficulty comes from the controls. Horrible, outdated controls. Sekiro can climb a wall with only one hand while using the other to listen some random useless speeches (useless like "hey this boss is vulnerable to this tool that you unlock after this exact boss fight"), but cannot jump backward while attacking/blocking. Talking about climbing, the system is just bad, turning it into a spam of grab key and dozens of jumps in order to grab a border. Playing with reflex and skill is not for this game. Wait in posture, wait, wait, block, attack, attack, block, wait in posture. The controls are so slow that you cannot play if you don't just wait an hour that the opponent decides to use the blockable attack so you can hit him twice to remove 5 pixels of his HP bar. Then you have to wait another hour to remove the next 5 pixels. While your lifebar is pretty much useless as everything kills you in one or two hits.
    Tools are pretty much useless (excepting the axe against shields).
    And over that, the dodge makes you run toward your target instead of backward, making it a move to automaticaly take damages. Pure genius. Oh, seems that I forgot to mention that dodging on the edge of a stair doesn't make you fall, so you take the damages because of some dumb design. But don't worry, foes attacks can kick you off, no invisible wall this time. Seriously stupid, proof of ultra lazy developpers.
    The camera is just bad. Terribly bad. Like the lock system. Never locks the guy you're facing or the closest: just locking some random out of range guy.
    The hook is also terrible to use. Only works from a very specific angle, making it unusable in most of the cases.
    To ensure that was not me or a controller issue, I played with gamepadviewer on my second screen just to realize that the game was broken with epic delays between each actions.

Minor issue:
    From Software even forgot to upgrade the graphics. The game looks like a 2014's game. Too bad, the game had sole good landscapes, ruined by bad textures.
    And no borderless window so you have to use a third-party software if you have more than one screen and want to use them.
    Repetitive fights with broken mechanics and terrible controls finally make the NG+ an unwanted thing.

Now the good stuff:
    Level design is pretty cool (the X-ray IA is the only thing making stealth unviable, and that's a shame for a game based on stealth with so much secret paths) and the context is nice and well exploited. Story is decent, which is a rare thing now. The music is pretty good too.

Why doesn't this game deserve a decent score? Because it's pretty much only the lore and story that give it points. The gameplay is just bad (wait wait hit block - repeat isn't a good gameplay at all and only makes the difficulty artificial) and broken (the real difficulty). And a game with such a bad gameplay is nothing but a bad game.
    If the developpers weren't stuck in 2013, the game could have been way better. Upgrade graphics and most importantly fix the gameplay which was ok for a game in the Skyrim era but just nope nowadays would turn it into a very interesting game to play, not only a story to follow.
  57. Apr 9, 2019
    The most annoying game, I have ever played. And the controls are most uncomfortable.
    And at the same time, it's good.
    But return my nerves.
  58. Apr 8, 2019
    an Amazing game rich with Atmosphere a great Combat system & and an interesting story and lore

Combat: as a guy who thinks soulsborne games are kind of overrated because to me they feel clunky as hell movement and animations wise this feels absoluteley great to play. its very very challenging and you will hit atleast 1 boss who will kick your a** for hours. be ready for that but nothing feels cheap. you have to be mechanically skilled and react fast to the enemies attack timings. Overall : really varied yet fun and complex mechanically combat system that is incredible.

Story : i dont want to spoil much but its a shift from the very sparse Fromsofware narratives, and its much better for it.

Graphics : if we talk about raw Graphical powers this is a good looking game, but when you factor in the art work and the world design it pushes it much further.

+ Very Immersive (especially with the japanese voice over).
    + Feudal Japan done right finally.
    + Amazing Soundtrack.
    + Very good Voice Acting.
    + Greatly Designed.
    + Incredible Bosses/Mini Bosses
    + lots of enemy variety.

- only con i can think of is the lack of visual customization, but its not a big deal considering the time period.
  59. Apr 8, 2019
    Great at times, tedious at times. After 45 hours or so I would have to admit this game is a step back from previous games. The game itself is punishing to start but you do get better, gamers will typically get to a point where it starts to feel tedious though.

The combat is all about the timing and deflections and it is hard, very hard. That in itself is not a bad thing but the payoff is very poorly done. You really get nothing for your hard work, all those deaths and trying over and over....no armour, no new weapons. The skill tree just eventually gets full, there is no real build to try.

Most people will just look up cheese strats, so many online to choose from. The combat has some depth but there will be zero depth in replayability. I like the game, I do not love it like I have with other From Software games.
  60. Apr 8, 2019
    PC version comes with a piece of cardboard with a steam-key instead of a physical disc. Nice "physical release" you got there.
  61. Apr 8, 2019
    Incredibly challenging yet incredibly rewarding, Sekiro truly is a feat to behold. Where in lies an extremely difficult game, there too lies a quick paced and engaging combat system which develops further as you advance its many challenges, a beautiful fleshed out world left for you to explore and conquer its many varying enemies, and a sense of satisfaction like no other as you accomplishIncredibly challenging yet incredibly rewarding, Sekiro truly is a feat to behold. Where in lies an extremely difficult game, there too lies a quick paced and engaging combat system which develops further as you advance its many challenges, a beautiful fleshed out world left for you to explore and conquer its many varying enemies, and a sense of satisfaction like no other as you accomplish victories you thought yourself never capable of.

Edit: On completion of the immortal severance ending i can say that this game is near perfect, my only problem being the annoying camera. 9.5/10. (Also its not that bad seriously stop whining that it's 'too hard' and needs an easy mode)
  62. Apr 7, 2019
    Excellent game, with probably the best melee system of any action-adventure game.
    Challenging, fast and beautiful.
    Nice characters and good story. A LOT of mini-bosses. Not that full of options like previous FromSoft games (weapons, outfits, builds, etc) but still and amazing game. Also, final boss it's WAY too difficult. In my opinion it's out of proportion compared to the rest
    Challenging, fast and beautiful.
    Nice characters and good story.
    A LOT of mini-bosses.

Also, final boss it's WAY too difficult. In my opinion it's out of proportion compared to the rest of bosses.
  63. Apr 7, 2019
    I feel it's not that the game is hard per-say, it's that the game wants you to play a certain way. you have more options after skills are unlocked, sure. but it's it's more that this is not a souls game, it's a timing mini game each fight, and you learn what you can deflect and what you can't, when to run and when to you attack. You also just want to be consistently pressuring if you can,I feel it's not that the game is hard per-say, it's that the game wants you to play a certain way. you have more options after skills are unlocked, sure. but it's it's more that this is not a souls game, it's a timing mini game each fight, and you learn what you can deflect and what you can't, when to run and when to you attack. You also just want to be consistently pressuring if you can, if you're not being attacked, attack them. The hardest part I feel is actually grabs, which you need to be far enough away from to not get hit by. hitboxes for grab attack are a tad too wide IMO. Expand
  64. Apr 7, 2019
    божественно с небольшими минусами, как и у всех богов
  65. Apr 6, 2019
    Sekiro is a good game. The combat system is fresh, visceral, and fast paced, the bosses (albeit lacking in variety) are difficult, and the prosthetic tools give you a fair number of options in playing through the game. I thoroughly enjoyed the 20-25 hours I spent playing through the game.

However, (and unlike any of the prior Soulsborne games, all of which - even DS2 - I enjoyed immensely) I feel no impetus to go back and play the game again. There's no variety in terms of build or playstyle - the skills you acquire are either completely essential (grappling hook attack, regain hp/posture on deathblow etc) or completely superfluous, and there's always enough skill points to go around, so you never have to spec into any one tree. The prosthetic upgrades are gated in a weird way that requires you to upgrade all of the tools (even the ones you aren't using frequently) before you can reach the final upgrades you want, so you can't even spec in different prosthetic tools in a subsequent playthrough.

In previous From Soft games, there were options to vary your playstyle, giving the game replayability. Even in bloodborne (arguably the least 'deep' game in this regard, due to the limited number of trick weapons,) you had skill, strength, arcane, and bloodtinge builds, that played very differently, and could approach various bosses and levels in completely different ways. This is not the case in Sekiro. Every playthrough, no matter what, you will be a sword-wielding shinobi with minimal ranged options. You will defeat your enemies by parrying their attacks and hitting them with a sword when openings present themselves. You will use the axe to break shields and posture break enemies, the shuriken to bring down jumpy enemies, the firecracker to stun beast enemies, and the rest of your options...rarely. The combat system, when mastered, is actually quite a bit more forgiving than in previous games, so there's little challenge in going back and and replaying the game once you've mastered it (I started a second run, and got to Genichiro'in Ashina castle before actually dying - and I got him on the second try, too.)

Basically, Sekiro is a fun game, and I don't regret the time spent playing it. It's definitely worth the time you'll spend on a single playthrough, but I don't know that I'd recommend buying it at it's current price. Unlike every other Fromsoft game I've played, this one I'd actually recommend waiting for a sale to pick up.
  66. Apr 6, 2019
    Beat it two days after release and I am now on NG+4, and I must say it is another solid entry by From Software. Sure, sometimes From throws a lot of enemies into mini-bosses to increase difficulty in a very cheap way, but it's not like it's not like manageable (except for a couple occasions which I genuinely don't like). They did remove armor sets and other weapons that could be obtainedBeat it two days after release and I am now on NG+4, and I must say it is another solid entry by From Software. Sure, sometimes From throws a lot of enemies into mini-bosses to increase difficulty in a very cheap way, but it's not like it's not like manageable (except for a couple occasions which I genuinely don't like). They did remove armor sets and other weapons that could be obtained like in Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but I usually fought with no armor for max movement and a few +10 weapons in those games anyway, that's just how I played. it may hinder replayability somewhat but it doesn't bother me all that much. Speaking of replayability, there is still plenty of it, contrary to what some negative reviewers are saying. There are 4 endings total, with several bosses only accessible through certain ending paths. There are also sidequests that can be taken, as usual for a From game. Prothetics are a nice addition, but some of them are either very useful (firecrackers, firecrackers, and firecrackers) and some very situational (hand axe, loaded umbrella, and malcontent). Some negative reviewers have said the parry-based combat is repetitive, but isn't Souls combat where you have to roll constantly to dodge attacks also repetitive? I feel as if some people are just mad because it isn't a by-the-books Souls game, but perhaps it isn't a Souls game at all, so maybe you shouldn't judge it as such.

There are other factors that I didn't touch on, such as bosses, characters, world, and lore, which are all superb, however the music was a little lacking this time around. There were tracks I liked (menu music, Corrupted Monk fight music, final boss music, and most of the general exploration and combat music was good), but a lot of the other ones were not bad, per se, but more forgettable compared to other From Soft games.

I would give this game a solid 8.5, but user reviews only support whole numbers so I'll round it up to a 9 (I'll actually give it a 10 to counter some of these ignorant bad reviews). Awesome game, check this game out if you like action games or are a Souls-like enthusiast. Definitely in my top 3 for best Souls games.
  67. Apr 6, 2019
    Sekiro is on the top 3 "Souls like" games for me. 10 for the first game play, but 8 if you consider the replay factor.
  68. Apr 6, 2019
    I just opened up a metacritic account after seeing so many negative reviews for this game. In my opinion all those reviews come from the frustration of not being a souls game. To me this game's combat is much more fluid and varying than other soulsborne game but you have to learn to use the tools you have to enjoy combat completely instead of just dodge 2 hit or parry visceral like otherI just opened up a metacritic account after seeing so many negative reviews for this game. In my opinion all those reviews come from the frustration of not being a souls game. To me this game's combat is much more fluid and varying than other soulsborne game but you have to learn to use the tools you have to enjoy combat completely instead of just dodge 2 hit or parry visceral like other souls game. And for the same reason combat is much more demanding. The different counters and dodge mechanics seems much more sensible to me rather one button to abuse i-frames dodges in the other souls games. Yes, there are i-frames in dodges and jumps in this game but they are much shorter.
    You cant have any other weapon than your katana as your main weapon but that is more than compensated by the prosthetics. So if you like fast paced combat rather than enemies throwing what ever they have in the air for you to dodge, you will find this to be better than other soulsborne games.
    And the combat takes time to get used to. And specially if you are not ready to learn a new game when starting or expecting combat to be souls like you will find this game extremely hard and punishing for your muscle memory . But unlike other souls game this game is much more friendly to new players as this has a dedicated tutorial and a dedicated npc to practice your moves.
    The only things i missed from other souls games is the character development and lack of pvp. Though the need for character development is somewhat balanced as you dont need to farm levels in this game, and if you dont there will be a lot left for another one or two new playthroughs. And honestly pvp in this game is somewhat hard to create because of the lack of different builds and weapons for the main character in this game which makes the different counter and dodge mechanics completely irrelevant in pvp fights as the default sword has only one light attack combo and one thrust attack.
    Honestly if you are about to buy this game dont go in with the expectation of getting a soulsborne game. If you just think you are getting an action game with Fromsoftware's signature difficulty and learning curve, you might even like this game more than other games by From just as i did.
  69. Apr 6, 2019
    Awful controls, dodging does respond as it should so you are forced to block all the time which gets pretty booring in the long run.
  70. Apr 6, 2019
    great one from fromsoftware .do more games guys.better than dark f-ing souls man
  71. Apr 5, 2019
    Отсутствие атмосферы присущей всем играм от Frome Software.
    Нечестные хитбоксы и в целом отвратительная боевка.
    Отсутствие атмосферы присущей всем играм от Frome Software.
    Нечестные хитбоксы и в целом отвратительная боевка.
    В предыдущих играх фромов я готов был умирать снова и снова, но там я сражался с величественными противниками, боссы в прошлых играх были очень могущественными сущностями. Здесь же умирать 50 раз сражаясь с обычным военачальником или фиолетовым ниндзей это норма. Побеждая не чувствуешь удовлетворения, а просто отмечаешь что бой сложился удачно для тебя. Может еще роль сыграло то что мне совершенно не интересен сеттинг игры, не знаю... Так ждал игру и такое разочарование, прям обидно.
  72. Apr 5, 2019
    An absolute masterpiece. It's rare for a modern game to feel this fresh. The combat mechanics are in my opinion the best ever created. I really hope future "Souls" games use similar combat mechanics.
  73. Apr 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the only reason this game is not a ten for me is the lack of high quallity lore. i mean it is ok and all, but it's not really entertaining. i know it's not the main theme in this from softwaare games, but the scheme for a good stry is right there, the characters are interesting, it makes you wanna know more, but you can't
    other than that (and some minor problems with the damn camera and auto lock, but these are really minor) the game is perfect. the batlling mechanics are extremely perfect and fun, the grapling system too. the boss fights: D A M N. they are literally supreme. every single one of 'em are creative, and special, and the Divine Dragon, H O T D A M N, it may be my favourite boss battle in any video game ever.
  74. Apr 4, 2019
    if you enjoy repeating the same crap over and over at least 5000-10000 times for each boss then this game is for you, if you are a decent (90 IQ or more) person you'll uninstall it after maximum 2 hours of gameplay, It is simply impossible to beat the bosses. Initially I thought it would be a witcher3 competitor but it feels like it was made by CD projekt red's toilet cleaning team.
  75. Apr 4, 2019
    Overrated game filled with cheap mechanics. Filled with artificial difficulty and bs mechanics. For instance, the game tells you to dodge grab attacks but the enemy attacks home in on you. So even if you dodge, you get grabbed anyway.
  76. Apr 4, 2019
    I want to rate this game -2/10. Tell me how.Because i dont know. Game is really bad and easy and bad!!!
  77. Apr 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good story, new interesting action game. Everything else in general repeats the previous games of this company. Expand
  78. Apr 4, 2019
    I am an average player (well i finished all dark souls but i can't say i was the best, i won with patience and luck for some bosses lol) and personally i find Sekiro less difficult than the souls
    Here, once you have trained with parry, jump and you get some tools like fire on your blade (last tech on the prosthetic tree) + the ability to kill from behind and the two resurections, the game is a piece of cake. Some mini bosses are difficult, i agree but with 5 tries max you can beat them , maybe 10 for the ones in narrow spaces and the camera bugging...Same for the very few real bosses... lady butterfly is really easy to beat, genchiro is the only one to be hard, but none are really a game blocker (and don't tell me about the snake or monkeyz, they are just... ok) In souls game i remembered bosses i had to try for hours, even days ^^ here once you realise wich tool is the right, the fight is quite easy, the only thing to think is to be perfect on timings because the real difficulty of the game is the fact that you can die with one or two blows. It's maybe artificial difficulty.. and sometimes i find that the bosses are more QTE like than before. To be honnest, the game is lacking of epicness for me... there is a fire at every corner, they are no more some kind of rewards, and there is no pressure in exploring the world (the loots are boring too, damned candies lol).

But behind this critics, i think the game it self is a very very great game, you really feel the samourai sword battles like never before and the mood, caracters and story are ok. The gameplay is very good too, maybe the best in this type, and overall the game is a masterpiece. But FS is not a company like others, ppl has very high expectations...to be just a very good game is not enough for the fans, they want a ground breaking experience, and i understand the feeling that the game is beyond the souls serie ^^

more over 3 years to develop this is far too short... the end of the game fighting the same bosses/mini bosses on the same map you have already farmed is kinda a joke .... it feels lazy work and breaks the greatness of the game.

I red that FS wants now to develop every game within 3 years.... let's hope not..
  79. Apr 3, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a fine game. It's _NOT_ Dark Souls, as you can tell by it being called "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" and not "Dark Souls 4." It plays like Sekiro, not Dark Souls. It's not about building a character, it's about refining your skill. There are skill trees, upgrade paths, and other stuff, but there's no Dexterity stat. There's no vitality. No armor, no weapons, noSekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a fine game. It's _NOT_ Dark Souls, as you can tell by it being called "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" and not "Dark Souls 4." It plays like Sekiro, not Dark Souls. It's not about building a character, it's about refining your skill. There are skill trees, upgrade paths, and other stuff, but there's no Dexterity stat. There's no vitality. No armor, no weapons, no stats. All you have are your sword and your prosthetic tools. It's cool and unique. It's not a "deconstruction of the Souls formula." It's a different formula. What there is a fantastically crafted game.

My only complaints are the hitboxes on some enemy attacks are very bad and hard to read, and the health inequality between you and a boss is... extreme. Some of the boss fights feel like they take longer than anything I experienced in another From Software title. That's both good and bad. Also, I didn't care for the scenery in some areas. Not that big of a deal, but it does get docked a couple of points. Altogether? Solid game, highly recommended, but it's not their best.
  80. Apr 3, 2019
    Great gameplay but they exaggerated that the game is too too hard and i think gamers want to enjoy gaming, not to have headache from so games
  81. Apr 2, 2019
    Amazing game play mechanics, beautiful world, awesome level design (as expected of from software) and interesting story... The cons? Locked frame rate and no 21:9 support, which can be fixed with community made mods. Its also very different from previous entries, so just because you liked X game doesn't mean you will automatically enjoy the game play of Sekiro, so don't expect it to beAmazing game play mechanics, beautiful world, awesome level design (as expected of from software) and interesting story... The cons? Locked frame rate and no 21:9 support, which can be fixed with community made mods. Its also very different from previous entries, so just because you liked X game doesn't mean you will automatically enjoy the game play of Sekiro, so don't expect it to be Dark Souls 4/Bloodborne 2, but let it stand as its own thing and you may consider it the best entry yet. Expand
  82. Apr 2, 2019
    Its okay i guess. From a technical aspect a lot better than previous FS titles, and most importantly it can be PAUSED!! Praise Jesus, or Buddha, or whoever! Seems to be mostly made for Bloodborne fans. Parry and learn every quick time event to pass even regular enemies, is more tedious and less a learning curve. Not fun after a short while, at least for me. I don't really look forward toIts okay i guess. From a technical aspect a lot better than previous FS titles, and most importantly it can be PAUSED!! Praise Jesus, or Buddha, or whoever! Seems to be mostly made for Bloodborne fans. Parry and learn every quick time event to pass even regular enemies, is more tedious and less a learning curve. Not fun after a short while, at least for me. I don't really look forward to frustration as a learning tool anymore, i've had my fair share of those playing the Souls games. It's way too repetitive imho. Playing with a Gamesir T2A and having latency issues, making parries all but possible. I never had these issues with Monster Hunter World. I like the whole aesthetic, and the feel of the game. Though the style of the gameplay brought the fun to a grinding halt for me, i do recommend this to people that haven't played any of the Soulsborne series. Also maybe wait a while for the hype to die down so you feel less pressure to perform and more room to learn. For me, as sad as i am that i won't be able to see this through to the end, if for nothing else but to enjoy the designs, i'm done with these games preying on my inner masochist. It's tiring, really. Expand
  83. Apr 2, 2019
    Just beated the game... amazing, beautiful... whole some... SU BA RA SHI!

This game is beautiful, still i think it missed more bosses and better zones but when I think it's a japanese based games, I realised that It dit pretty well, you just can't add a lot of monsters here, the game is crealy meant to be played as fights against humans.
  84. Apr 2, 2019
    all the excellent reviews are fanboys loyal to the name "from software", the game is really mediocre and has cancerous camera lock on, the worst of this year Id say, 3/10, nothing exciting about it really mediocre, I dont mind the difficulty but there's really nothing special about this except the fanboysm about "from software" developers, kinda like Apple products to give you the idea.all the excellent reviews are fanboys loyal to the name "from software", the game is really mediocre and has cancerous camera lock on, the worst of this year Id say, 3/10, nothing exciting about it really mediocre, I dont mind the difficulty but there's really nothing special about this except the fanboysm about "from software" developers, kinda like Apple products to give you the idea.
    Not worth the price tag, wait for a huge discount, I'd value it at 15$ tops
  85. Apr 2, 2019
    Great game, great setting but the camera is not the best. There is a bug you loose your locked target if you move to much around a wall
  86. Apr 2, 2019
    This game is fantastic. From Software done it again with something new and kind of revolutionary in a way just like they did with the Souls series.

I love everything about this game the Combat the upgrading system the world design and the atmosphere all are quality and beautifully made. The graphics are really good and still good optimized but I have to be honest the optimization could have been a bit better.

The more of an open-world design is great and gives you a lot more freedom in the game, you can approach your enemies from many direction which is really important.

There are no builds or weapons nor armor to choose from and yet this game has managed to be deep and a joy to play.

Everything is made and balanced for and around your sword. By getting better as a samurai you will not find this game unfair.

From Software always knows how to balance their games unlike all the souls ripoff games that has come the last few years, even Nioh failed badly by being a trashy unbalanced game with lots of gimmicks in its mechanics.

The thing that I wish were different is the death system is that, It would have been a lot better if it was like Bloodborne. When you die you have to go back and kill the one that killed you to receive your stuff back.
  87. Apr 2, 2019
    One of the most difficult games I've ever played.
    All the charms of the game in its complexity. These are big worlds, intense battles like Dark Souls and speed like Bloodborne
  88. Apr 2, 2019
    I created a Metacritic account just to give this game a 10/10. I love the pacing of the game. I like that actually your skill in the game matters. The swordplay system comprising of posture, vitality and block/deflect is the real charm. I like that you have to fight most bosses and enemies aggressively and head on, instead of rolling and dodging like an idiot.
    Sekiro is difficult. But its
    Sekiro is difficult. But its difficulty is not insurmountable. When you get into the flow, this game beats any other action game experiences i have had in my life.
    I don't mind the stats and all RPG stuff which were axed in favor of skill. i love that rolling and dodging is not a panacea. It makes this game more challenging and adorable for me. The game demands that you learn and master the skills it wants. You cannot sidestep your skills by getting better armor and better weapons through farming and leveling up for hours.
    I absolutely love this game.

PS. Dark Souls people who are crying that this game is difficult; My only advice is: Stop f**king rolling and dodging. Face the enemy head on. Learn to deflect instead of roll/dodge.
  89. Apr 1, 2019
    Sekiro is the number 1 game for me this year: I loved the challenges of the combat and the learning curve troughout the game. Replayability for me comes in the form of beating bosses at the beginning with the knowledge of beating Isshin at the very end. Aside from that I really enjoyed the fact that you dont need to watch Vaatividya videos to understand the story, compared to other titlesSekiro is the number 1 game for me this year: I loved the challenges of the combat and the learning curve troughout the game. Replayability for me comes in the form of beating bosses at the beginning with the knowledge of beating Isshin at the very end. Aside from that I really enjoyed the fact that you dont need to watch Vaatividya videos to understand the story, compared to other titles it shows a clear line and you always know what to do and why to do it. I also do not agree that the game was to hard, statues were pretty much always before any boss, so I guess the learning by dying experience was wanted and was an outstanding challenge to master the art of beating a boss and still have heals available at the end. Only downside for me was the lack of ultrawide support - thats a bummer. Apart from that best game this year! Thanks for making this a reality From Software! Expand
  90. Apr 1, 2019
    Worst From Software game so far. You forced to play in one way - parry. Map full of useless item, there is no exploration joy. Camera bugs in small rooms or near walls. Bugs with damage-range, inaccurate weapon trajectory-damage.
    People who's call this game "souls" series makes me puke. This game is step back in every aspect if we compared it with DS games.
    This game like: trying to eat
    This game like: trying to eat through nose- this is not hard, it is just stupid.
    From now i will not buy From Software games so freely knowing what they can do with game.
  91. Apr 1, 2019
    Sekiro is an absolute masterpiece - perhaps the best thing I’ve ever played. Its just enough Souls - the atmosphere, the sense of mystery and deep, melancholic purpose, but it has this incredible combat system which actually makes every fight rewarding, makes you use all your skills, items, and tools in ever evolving combinations to best opponents. The fights are very hard at first, and ifSekiro is an absolute masterpiece - perhaps the best thing I’ve ever played. Its just enough Souls - the atmosphere, the sense of mystery and deep, melancholic purpose, but it has this incredible combat system which actually makes every fight rewarding, makes you use all your skills, items, and tools in ever evolving combinations to best opponents. The fights are very hard at first, and if you’re not switched on, you’ll die to most bosses in about 3 hits. That fact makes it all the more thrilling that if you react properly you can beat them and win without having to use healing at all. The posture system and the fact that guarding 100% protects health (but not posture) is probably the best thing ever to happen to games like this.

Above all of this though, the thing that’s blowing me away is the world - the sheer mythological, but real, epic beauty of the landscapes. The brightly coloured leaves between the roof tiles of forgotten Buddhist temples. The soaring mountains, the shafts of light in the deep gorges - I frequently just stop and look around in awe. The game is almost a religious experience - and not just because of the constant death and resurrection.
  92. Apr 1, 2019
    *The Experience*

A players experience while in a game is very much what dictates how players feel about the over all adventure in conclusion. With that said there are those who will love and hate the experience based exclusively on how difficult the game can become. Just how hard is this game? The game is immensely difficult - Not just in the mechanics but in everything the player
    *The Experience*

Just how hard is this game?

The game is immensely difficult - Not just in the mechanics but in everything the player must do to over come circumstances. Some of the best means to deal with an enemy is by defeating them head to head for loot which Incidentally is the item that you really needed. Sometimes you have to figure out another mission area that indirectly makes things slightly easier, usually after talking with an npc elsewhere. The trick however is no one is gonna know the optimal route to take for some skill points and some of the encounters do require some foot work to see to its completion such as collecting divine confetti, which your gonna need a ton of if going after some optional baddies.

I feel most whom play this game will likely put it away once they put in two dozen attempts against any average boss fight with little progress. The difficulty curve is so great that I almost feel From Software created this game really to create a cult classic of over the top challenges. In some ways it seems like they wanted to make this game insanely difficult to create a space for their own masterworks of difficulty.

What will be a shame is having all this beautiful content and no one to speak of it’s beauty cause only a fraction of the games players will have actually beaten any of its endings.

*Difficulty Aside from the review*

If Sekiro demands perfection from the player is designed to be fair then this is where I find it lacking.

The controls are so very sweet except boss enemy hitbox’s aren’t so acurrate. You’ll miss direct hits which could of been a win had they made contact. It is similar to other From Softs games but while feeling precise doesn’t always work out.

Many times while dodging or jumping you’ll still get hit by boss attacks - even if your following the rhyth perfectly. In some ways this feels sloppy since replicating the perfect action to avoid the damage is super tricky, as in need perfect timing throughout (Spacing, timing when to eat, and even especially jumping).

If Sekiro’s controls were perfected in a way that ensured the Wolf reacted as to not take needless damage then I could see From Soft saying it’s on you the player to figure it out - either way it’s on the player whether or not the game plays as fair as it intends.

*Overall Thoughts*

This game is insanely awesome once you try NG plus with some of the extra gear upgrades. Really, if the game allowed all the upgrades during the first play though and have options to earn them outside the boss fights I imagine thousands of players putting thousands of hours into the game.

The game is simply beautiful and deserves a play through - the question is will you have time for it or patience.

Regardless of decision playing in PC with this game is the only way to go, those 60 FPS will make the experience much sweeter overall.
  93. Apr 1, 2019
    Герой не прыгает на левый триггер, а еще это не батл рояль
  94. Apr 1, 2019
    Don't blame the game, it actually teach you how to be better(as a gamer in general) . This is not dark soul but mashing doesn't work here. To those who is interest to this game, If you want a fun , relaxing and play as a overpower killing machine with lot of cut scenes , just turn around. This game is not for everyone, even some pro gamers can't beat it. Actually the hard part of this gameDon't blame the game, it actually teach you how to be better(as a gamer in general) . This is not dark soul but mashing doesn't work here. To those who is interest to this game, If you want a fun , relaxing and play as a overpower killing machine with lot of cut scenes , just turn around. This game is not for everyone, even some pro gamers can't beat it. Actually the hard part of this game is thinking, focusing and patient.. Expand
  95. Apr 1, 2019
    Semplicemente uno spettacolo

Vorrei sottolineare un fatto che dovrebbe essere ovvio ma a quanto pare non è così: QUESTO NON E' DARK SOULS 4. ps. se per voi è troppo difficile, 1° non è un difetto del gioco, 2° siete voi a sbagliare perché ci sono metodi che permettono di smorzare parecchio la difficoltà del titolo, come utilizzare la prima morte per scappare, utilizzare la
    Semplicemente uno spettacolo

QUESTO NON E' DARK SOULS 4.

ps. se per voi è troppo difficile, 1° non è un difetto del gioco, 2° siete voi a sbagliare perché ci sono metodi che permettono di smorzare parecchio la difficoltà del titolo, come utilizzare la prima morte per scappare, utilizzare la furtività per pulire le zone, o gli oggetti come le palle di fuliggine per gli sconti più ostici, quindi i modi ci sono, siete voi che non li trovate o non sapete utilizzarli.
  96. Apr 1, 2019
    Если коротко, ждал DS3 про Японию, вышел Hitman's Creed may Cry: Sands of Batman с примитивным стелсом от ребят, которые полжизни делали souls-игры (отсюда и "костры", и кастрированные "души", и немножко интерфейса, и разбросанные по миру подсвеченные предметы). На убийство боссов максимально пофигу (в souls-like игре-то!). Переоцененная поделка, совершенно не ясно, за что получившая такиеЕсли коротко, ждал DS3 про Японию, вышел Hitman's Creed may Cry: Sands of Batman с примитивным стелсом от ребят, которые полжизни делали souls-игры (отсюда и "костры", и кастрированные "души", и немножко интерфейса, и разбросанные по миру подсвеченные предметы). На убийство боссов максимально пофигу (в souls-like игре-то!). Переоцененная поделка, совершенно не ясно, за что получившая такие высокие баллы. Хотя, если людям от Sekiro нужен был рескин костров из DS, наличие боссов и Миядзаки-сюжет, то конечно это для них 10/10. Для меня же это как если бы взяли DS3 и вырезали из него половину того, за что я его полюбил. Expand
  97. Mar 31, 2019
    Incredible game, very challenging and its not a dark souls in which you have to wait until the enemy finishes his attacks, you are the one who has to stop the enemy attacks to create your opportunity to beat them. If you were waiting for a 100% souls-like mechanics this could not be your game
  98. Mar 31, 2019
    The controls and game mechanics are re-worked just enough to throw veteran Souls players off in the beginning but make no mistake this is the easiest and most streamlined game in the series.

Difficulty from regular enemies as ever comes from being ambushed by gank squads. Bosses take there cue from DS3 by spamming grab attacks and magic projectiles between quickly closing the player down to prevent healing.

The game is easy now because you can't fall off ledges to your death anywhere near as easily. You can warp to and from bonfires at will and you can just run and grapple hook your way past enemies to the next bonfire even without knowing the layout of the area because your character is so fast. You can now also pause the game to use items at leisure.

The combat is all about getting that satisfying visceral by wearing down enemies health and breaking their guard. It's not as hard as it initially appears and mostly involves spamming the bumper buttons while learning which attacks need to be dodged though there are other abilities and nuances to the combat.

Leveling up has been cut down to two stats, really it works the same as always (except stamina has been removed) it's just now all the numbers are under the hood. Upgrades are now on a skill tree which I am not a fan of as I feel it limits your options as you often have to upgrade something you don't want in order to get the thing you do.

Level design is dense and well crafted for the most part, although there was a few occasions when I would get turned around an not know which direction I had come from due to the area looking similar in all directions.

Overall another excellent game by FromSoft with superbly realised art direction. I do miss some of the previous games features like being able to make unique character builds and I do think this will limit the games re-playability slightly.
  99. Mar 31, 2019
    Game of the year. Truly tense but balanced between tensity and exploration. Also the most satisfying combat to hit a video game of all time.
  100. Mar 31, 2019
    Simply amazing. As a huge Dark Souls fan this it's almost hard to say, but I think I like Sekiro more than any of the Souls games. Well Dark Souls (1) will always have a special place in my heart, but boy is Sekiro a good game.

Looks gorgeous, sound design is great, movement is fun and fluid. Action is fluid, thrilling, challenging and very rewarding. One of the best single player games I have ever played, up there with Witcher 3, Dark Souls and the likes.

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    There’s no leveling (in Soulsborne sense of the word), no covenants, no multiplayer, no variety in armor and weapons. It could be written off a stylistic choice, if the rest of the game didn’t feel very similar to the previous FromSoftware games. But it does, so Sekrio comes across as rather shallow. [Issue#237, p.28]
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is a milestone in the genre. It offers complex, stunning and precise sword fights and duels that its predecessors lacked, and from which its successors will have to keep up with. You no longer simply learn by repeatedly and unfairly dying, but you refine your talents as a player. You seek unique methods to overcome each boss, rather than just rolling at the right time before spamming a few hits.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Apr 25, 2019
    Dozens of hours later, we're still not sure how we feel about it. It's a game of contradictions, open and flexible in its level design, yet resolutely strict in its combat... It is a brilliant game, that is certain. but it is often a difficult one to truly love. Naturally, we can't put it down. [Issue#332, p.104]