7.8

1. Apr 24, 2019
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    I never liked ANY of the Souls-games. Not even the ''more friendly for noobs'' DS3. But!
    Sekiro:SDT is a masterpiece of fast-paced combat, high risk and high reward, in a fantasy setting with more history than myth, and more blood and anshes than spells and miracles. Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character! One of the games that i'll
    Hello gamers, my two cents:
    Finally we also have a decent CAMERA to follow our character!
    One of the games that i'll always remember for a few scenes that became instant-classics for me (i.e. the Great Shinobi).
  2. May 9, 2019
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an addicting yet challenging and unforgiving journey of clashed swords, gigantic monsters and spilled blood, although sometimes it comes with some unfair camera angles.
  3. May 7, 2019
    Made it through the whole game, and I consider it a masterpiece. Especially the combat is demanding, fresh, dynamic, risky and rewarding, precisely everything what combat is not in modern RPG games, where you just press a single button and your stats fight for you. Sekiro's combat best capture the spirit of a swordfight, the necessity to feel the rhythm and the flow of the endlessMade it through the whole game, and I consider it a masterpiece. Especially the combat is demanding, fresh, dynamic, risky and rewarding, precisely everything what combat is not in modern RPG games, where you just press a single button and your stats fight for you. Sekiro's combat best capture the spirit of a swordfight, the necessity to feel the rhythm and the flow of the endless back-and-forth exchanges of the initiative, and after drilling a demanding encounter enough so that you are finally able to win, every victory in this game is rewarded by deep sense of accomplisment.

Aesthetics of the game are top notch - level and character design, architecture, music, everything is dripping with atmosphere, easily immersing the player in the grim and moody world of this particular interpretation of the Sengoku Jidai period (dragons, ghosts and dark magic are in, by the way). When discussing "realism", one must realize that this is the mythological Japan we are talking about - Arthurian Britain would have to contain Merlin, magic swords and eniightment-bringing Grail, so similarly, Sekiro brings dragon blood, search for immortality, demons and tengus from the prop department to conjure up a one-of-a-kind story to tell.

Not everything is perfect, however, especially on the technical side of things. The problems with locked framerate, typical for console ports, are present as well, and were solved only by a third party mod tool, which is less than ideal. The graphic engine shows its age, using a sort of dithering instead of true transparency, which creates really ugly dithering artifacts in some situations. The camera traditionally fails to track your opponents when the action speeds up, and sometimes shows a piece of your garment from 1 inch distance while the unseen enemy cuts of your head. Performance suffers from unused network calls that are mistakenly left in the code - once again, a problem solved only by a mod.

However, the small glitches must be forgiven, since Sekiro is a unique, intense, one-of-a-kind experience that in my opinion belongs rightfully among the very best games that have ever been produced. Well done, FROM software, you certainly know your craft!
  4. dty
    Jun 25, 2019
    Awesome game. Doesn't have the customisation or replayability that previous From Software titles do, but it had all the other tropes we come to expect. Incredible level design, superb combat and a rewarding difficulty. Just don't be a weiner and give up too easily.
  5. Apr 9, 2019
    The most annoying game, I have ever played. And the controls are most uncomfortable.
    And at the same time, it's good.
    But return my nerves.
  6. Jun 3, 2019
    While it is a beautiful game, they stripped the rpg elements and character customization of their previous games away to produce this action/adventure game. I'm not too fond of it.
  7. Apr 25, 2019
    So,there are some people that are like, I don't like it because it's not DS, I'm like, well you right about "SEKIRO" not being DS, lol, my dudes, From didn't start with Soulsborne games, so if you want to compare Sekiro to DS and BB you should also compare them to Armored Core, hehe, for me Sekiro has by far the best combat system and the world is the most beautiful one, now don't get meSo,there are some people that are like, I don't like it because it's not DS, I'm like, well you right about "SEKIRO" not being DS, lol, my dudes, From didn't start with Soulsborne games, so if you want to compare Sekiro to DS and BB you should also compare them to Armored Core, hehe, for me Sekiro has by far the best combat system and the world is the most beautiful one, now don't get me wrong, I love DS, DS 1,3 and BB (let's forget about the 2 ok), and I have an especial place for DS3 in my heart for introducing me to this wonderful franchise,but right now I can't even think about leaving Sekiro, its just too much fun, but I do agree with you guys when you guys say that there is a lack of customization options,thank God that we have mods for that !!! About frame drops, well I played in PC(I5-4440 3.10ghz 16 ram and a Geforce GTX 960) with high settings and it stayed between 50 and 60 the whole game !!! The story is great especially if you eavesdrop and give sake to people so you can hear their memories, so Overall, IMO apart for some minor camera issues, Sekiro is the most fun and rewarding game I ever played in my life !!! I give it a 9.6/10 !!! BB is a 9.3/10 DS1 is a 9.1/10
    DS2 it's an 8/10 and DS3(It's the First Soulsborne I played, it is special) it's a 9.5/10 and until Sekiro came out, it shared the top spot with God of War 3 as the best games I ever played in my life, GOW 4 is a 9.4, Red Dead 1 its a 9.3 and Red Dead 2 its a 8.9 !!! Sekiro is amazing and I'm just Loving everything about the game !!!
  8. Jun 5, 2019
    This game is another beaty development from the Dark Souls creators, but it gives you the sense like you're dancing while you're fighting, just like a real shinobi. This is one of my favourites.
  9. Jun 5, 2019
    FromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad itsFromSoftware always tends to amaze people and this time they did it again! Sekiro: Shadows die twice is an amazing game! It has awesome soundtracks which fit right into the atmosphere, it has quite possibly the most realistic samurai swordplay in all of gaming! The boss fights are glorious they are tense, challenging and epic. Sekiro's story is not that great but its certainly not bad its pretty damn good!

Verdict: In the end Sekiro is an amazing challenging game from the awesome Japanese devs FromSoftware. The optimization of this game on pc is absolutely great. If your into challenging games with glorious gameplay, boss fights and an intriguing story than you should definitely buy sekiro!
  10. Apr 26, 2019
    It was my first FromSoft game and it was amazing!!! The game is challenging and Its battle mechanics are perfect. It was an amazing journey playing this game. My only issue with the game is THE CAMERA.
  11. Jun 17, 2019
    Grea graphics and fighting style, but a "babysitter" game for your 9 year old brother where he's suppsosed to play the same level over and over and over again to keep him occupied. If you're over 17 you're going to get bored playing the same level over and over and over again.
  12. Jun 16, 2019
    A Mediocre game, with a mediocre story.
    Maybe someone should've told the devs, that making it a **** hard game doesn't make it a better game.
    Even if it were easy, it would not be top notch.
    Anyway, too much trial and error needed, resulting in dying A LOT.
  13. Apr 30, 2019
    OK, I update the review after I finished the game, and from the 3 of 10 gave before, I'm going to increase the vote up to 6 of 10.
    For me the game is unbalanced. You start the game nearly without equipment or skills, and have to farm exp to unlock some necessary mechanics. Every early boss is nearly impossible, requiring nearly hundreds of tentatives to be completed. I quitted the game for that reason. After all videos watched online I gave it another chance, and after unlocked some skills and items the game became... easy. After you get how to use Shinobi Firecracker, every boss becomes easy. You just have to parry some attacks, use SF, buff yourself and... done. For me one of the worst decision made by From was that parry actually damages the enemy. You can kill all the bosses of the game just parrying attacks, transforming an action-rpg game on a rythm game. Even the pattern of the bosses are not well made. They don't have different attacks that can be concatenated to make strange combos. They just have combos easy to forecast.
    So the game in the start is frustrating and hard, in the end becomes easy. For this I said in the start that the game is "unbalanced". Even all the prosthetic tools and skills are nearly useless. You'll use everytime 23 of them. I had the feeling that the game wasn't meant to be played "as you want", but as IT WANTS. This is the risk on making a true and pure action game, and this is the problem of this game. A deepness and profundity like this was acceptable 10 years ago. Now everyone wants to modify the character, have rewards exploring, and things that an RPG game should give you.
    The world of Sekiro it's a bit repetitive, but it's not bad. The problem is that you're not encouraged to explore it, because at least you'll find some little ( and not interesting ) lore details, or just an item to uprade your stats. The problem is even that more you explore the game, more you upgrade stats, and more the game gets easier.
    One nice thing is that you're going to find a lot of secret bosses around the world. I really appreciated that thing. I also appreciated that all the "hard bosses" have an idol near them ( bonfire of dark souls ) so you don't have to walk for minutes before to try again ( you have to do this only with secret bosses ).
    The game itself is funny to play after you pass the first 1520 hours of playing. The problem resides in the fact that in the first 20 hours you'll be stucked, and then you'll fly until the end of the game without problems.
    So, it's a nice game and deserves to be played, but it's not the "game of the year" and things like this.
  14. Apr 23, 2019
    Si eres un amante de la saga Souls este juego es un soplo de aire fresco con sus muchas nuevas mecánicas ya que es muy diferente a los anteriores títulos y tendrás que aprender a jugar de cero. Querrás perderte en su mundo como cuando jugaste los primeros títulos por primera vez.
    Si no eres fan de la saga pero te llama la atención dale una oportunidad porque puede que encuentres tu tipo de juego perfecto.
  15. May 21, 2019
    10/10 я растопил снег вокруг дома пока моя жопа горела от сложности игры
  16. Apr 30, 2019
    Sekiro is a masterpiece made by a director who is no stranger to making all time greats. I am actually appalled that this game received lesser scores from critics due to unwarranted bias like learning curve of the mechanics, difficulty, and streamlined and reduced RPG elements. The amazing combat/gameplay, art direction, soundtrack, atmosphere and graphics are all right up there withSekiro is a masterpiece made by a director who is no stranger to making all time greats. I am actually appalled that this game received lesser scores from critics due to unwarranted bias like learning curve of the mechanics, difficulty, and streamlined and reduced RPG elements. The amazing combat/gameplay, art direction, soundtrack, atmosphere and graphics are all right up there with Miyazaki's three best Demon souls Dark Souls and Bloodborne. The game is an all time classic and easily one of the greatest video games ever made and that is no exaggeration.

Sekiro sitting at a 89-90 on metacritic is an insult to how good this game is. The game is not accessible to everyone who cannot handle difficulty (7.7 User score reflects this) but it is deserving of a 95 on metacritic and being ranked right up there with the greatest games ever created.
  17. Jun 9, 2019
    游戏的舞台—武士,忍者与神话的东方国度充满魅力,碎片化的剧情吸引玩家主动探索,不断深入,而各种道具和忍具也进一步充实了游戏的玩法。从一周目的谨小慎微,到二周目的大杀四方,Sekiro给我带来了无以伦比的战斗体验;美中不足的是一些炫酷的战斗技能并不适用,几乎没有使用的机会。
  18. Apr 22, 2019
    It's not very different from souls games hence From Software. Like any souls like games you have to forget everything you know and take one step at a time. Literately. And build up as you go. I like love how we are introduced to a new - hopefully - series game.
  19. lns
    Jun 2, 2019
    The game is a masterpiece. I have played through everything on both PS4 Pro & PC & the PC version runs & looks better. The game was only hard when I tried to dodge enemy attacks. The combat is based on deflections & counter attacks. After successful deflections there's always time for counter attacks, even if it doesn't feel like it. The positives is the sword clashing system, theThe game is a masterpiece. I have played through everything on both PS4 Pro & PC & the PC version runs & looks better. The game was only hard when I tried to dodge enemy attacks. The combat is based on deflections & counter attacks. After successful deflections there's always time for counter attacks, even if it doesn't feel like it. The positives is the sword clashing system, the prosthetic tools, the story, the atmosphere, the world & its characters. The negatives of this game is that you can only equip 1 Combat Art, of which many cost Spirit Emblems & you only get max 20 & using something like the Ashina Cross (which does a ton of damage) means they'll be depleted in 10 hits against a boss, not to be refilled until the boss is down. Imagine if Bloodborne's trick weapons 2nd attack would cost QS bullets? It's a problem because Spirit Emblems is pretty rare & is needed for the prosthetic tools & late game bosses have 3 health bars. The game would be better if you could get different outfits & swords & if you could equip 2 Combat Arts IMO. Bosses use several Combat Arts in 1 battle but you can only use 1. Also, some Combat Arts like Floating Passage does less damage than regular hits. Expand
  20. May 2, 2019
    Fast combat, git good parry mechanics, stunning visuals, great mobility. The game is made in a such a way that it starts in a "normal mode" for the 1st time you play it, with no option to got on hard mode until you complete it once. Once you do complete the game, you instantly noticed that enemies that you thought are too difficult, now feel perfectly balanced, if not too easy, so itFast combat, git good parry mechanics, stunning visuals, great mobility. The game is made in a such a way that it starts in a "normal mode" for the 1st time you play it, with no option to got on hard mode until you complete it once. Once you do complete the game, you instantly noticed that enemies that you thought are too difficult, now feel perfectly balanced, if not too easy, so it offers you the ability to unable the actual hard mode (return Kuro's charm). Some people are disappointed in the removal of RPG elements, but I actually prefer this skill-based game-play, instead the constant search for upgrades in other FromSoft games. It's a 10/10 and gave more than 80 hours of fun across 4 runs of the game. 100% worth! Expand
  21. May 3, 2019
    Otra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por laOtra obra maestra por parte de From Software, jugablemente increíble es una delicia, gráficamente precioso al igual que en cuanto a sonido, incluso la historia esta a gran altura, un juego ademas largo, con un montón de jefes o mini jefes opcionales, varios finales alternativos, muchas cosas ocultas con un mapa enorme por explorar, la gente que lo vota negativo es simplemente por la exagerada dificultad, es cierto que es de los juegos mas difíciles que he jugado, por no decir el mas dificil la verdad, pero justamente esa es la gracia de este titulo, es lo que buscaban para diferenciarse, no es como para votarlo negativo por eso, practicamente todos los juegos del mercado son un paseo, asi que la gente que se queja de la dificultad simplemente que busquen otra cosa, pero que no voten negativo a tal obra maestra, con tanto trabajo detrás, el único pero que le puedo poner respecto a los DS, es que es un juego que tienes que estar siempre al 100%, no hay momento de descanso, incluso con los enemigos mas básicos, no te vale solo aporrear el botón de ataque, pero vamos que eso no quita la obra de arte que es, gracias de nuevo FS. Expand
  22. May 3, 2019
    really good game the grafix are att point! i dont get why people say it looks like ps2 graphics i mean have you ever played or seen a ps2 game i dont think a ps2 can run this game it will just crash people these days i swear anyway this game is really good the combat the bosses everything is great from software dont litsen to people this game is awesome keep it up!
  23. May 6, 2019
    This game for me is undoubtedly the best game I ever played. The challenges, bosses, mini bosses, graphic, combat, and giving you the freedom I how you want to play the story. I really am lost for words, but the only reason it got a 10 from me because I can't go any higher, lol. Anyone that love gaming and a challenge do not hesitate to buy this game, is worth every penny.
  24. May 13, 2019
    This is the first 'Souls' game I enjoy for the gameplay. The game is rough on new players, but never unfair.
    When you get well versed in the parry system, you can feel like a badass shinobi and steamroll all enemies even bosses.
    I understand that Souls games are not for everyone, and they know that, they are not even trying to please every snowflake that can't take a difficult game and I love them for it.
    They could have been a bit more deep in the lore, but the gameplay is more than enough.
    An easy 10.
  25. Jun 11, 2019
    Good story and a lot of deaths.
    Great kombat, weapons, story and amazing grapics
  26. May 19, 2019
    Free gameplay is a lot of fun. Fighting system and side features are very good. Mission designs are visually immense. Character development was successful. The feeling of success is very high. BUT erroneous errors in game logic are disturbing. You can see a lot of bugs in boss battles. AS A RESULT,
    The game has been a new gift from From Software to the game world. If you like the Souls games, you should definitely not miss this game. This could be a nice entrance door for new players who are foreign to this type.
  27. May 27, 2019
    To be honest,for an ordinary player with causal gameplay abilities,this game is just AWFUL for its difficulties. But still,one mark for its amazing graphics、plot and endings.
  28. May 29, 2019
    Man, this has become one of my favourite games. I love the fast pace exciting boss fights, the stealth aspect, the story and mechanics. I look at the negative reviews of people that just weren't able to 'Get it' thinking it was too hard and therefore stupid. Yes it takes time to get used to the mechanics after being used to Dark Souls. Yes it is a difficult game, the boss fights can beMan, this has become one of my favourite games. I love the fast pace exciting boss fights, the stealth aspect, the story and mechanics. I look at the negative reviews of people that just weren't able to 'Get it' thinking it was too hard and therefore stupid. Yes it takes time to get used to the mechanics after being used to Dark Souls. Yes it is a difficult game, the boss fights can be very hard. There is a difficulty curve that you have to get over and there is a period of getting used to and understanding the game. Once you do though you start to love the game, the rhythm of the battles, the feeling of overcoming a boss, the aggression and adrenaline during a challenging fight. I love the line of "I'm good at dark souls but this game sucks cause I died like 20 times to a dumb boss", it's people expecting to be good at this game and getting frustrated when it's not a dark souls rehash. It's honestly their loss not giving this game the necessary amount of time. I'm glad this is not a dark souls rehash and what they have made. I usually never replay games, even if I love them, but this one is an exception. From Software has really raised the bar as a game company. Expand
  29. Jun 3, 2019
    Sekiro shares some "from software feeling" with Dark Souls, but is very different. The emphasis is on learning how to fight with the katana, blocking, deflecting, dodging and countering attacks. As you progress through the game you learn new techniques which you can apply in the correct situation. Stealth allows you to get an advantage before starting the fight and provides some welcome… Expand
  30. Jun 5, 2019
    Great game, these type of epic boss fights are the reason I play videogames.

I would not recommend it to casuals tough as it is sometimes super difficult, but the hardest fights are optional.

Biggest difference with dark souls, is that most enemies are human here instead of huge monsters, you will have to mostly parry instead of dodging, different playstyle.
  31. Jun 18, 2019
    From continues to perfect combat from DS3, sekiro is an awesome game for those who love combat based games, missed pvp in this one along with customisations and weapon variety, can't wait to see them return in Elden Ring !
  32. Jun 19, 2019
    what are you playing for? I feel it doesn't have a good progression line. The arms are bland. Virtually no customization. Forget getting exploration of the map. My biggest regret of this game is that i played 2 hrs 15 min. so i cannot return it.
  33. Jun 23, 2019
    In an era where the majority of PC games are FPS multiplayer this is a rare jewel. It's not perfect, but it does greatly what a game must do, it entertains you and makes you want to continue playing. The combat system is very enjoyable, the story is quite good, some bosses are wonderful . I think they could have done a simple mode for them who like to play not fully concentrated on theIn an era where the majority of PC games are FPS multiplayer this is a rare jewel. It's not perfect, but it does greatly what a game must do, it entertains you and makes you want to continue playing. The combat system is very enjoyable, the story is quite good, some bosses are wonderful . I think they could have done a simple mode for them who like to play not fully concentrated on the game. But for me the game is worth 10. I loved it. Expand
  34. Jun 24, 2019
    This game lacks certain qualities that made me love the previous of fromsofts soulslikes. But even though I miss certain things like build diversity, and an interwoven world design. I **** love this game, at the moment it is my favorite game. And the main reason why is the combat. I love the worlds and plots of the souls games but at the end of the day I love these games because the combatThis game lacks certain qualities that made me love the previous of fromsofts soulslikes. But even though I miss certain things like build diversity, and an interwoven world design. I **** love this game, at the moment it is my favorite game. And the main reason why is the combat. I love the worlds and plots of the souls games but at the end of the day I love these games because the combat is amazing, and Sekiro has easily the best combat of any game I've ever played. You are limited to one weapon this time, but the things you can do with it combined with the combat arts and special techniques makes sure it never gets boring to use. Most people only use a few of the many weapons in the previous games anyways, so I don't mind this change as much as I thought I might. The movement changes are a lot of fun and make the way you can interact with the world so much more fun. The areas are some of the best designed in fromsofts games. It being such a different style of world to Dark Souls and Bloodborne makes it feel fresh again. Where certain areas in those games felt like different versions of themselves. Like the poison swamp areas and the catacomb areas, and the lava areas, etc. The main flaw of the game is the way it's balanced, certain abilities and prosthetics feel like there's no real reason to use them. I like all of the characters a lot, but their side quests could have been done better. Sekiro had the most intuitive side character quests of the fromsoft games which is a good thing. Previous games required a guide or hours of wandering around to progress. I love the more direct method of story telling Sekiro has as well. Expand
  35. Mar 24, 2019
    So much anticipation yet so much disappointment. It's decent game, especially if you're willing to wait for a sale, however it really doesn't live up to a hype it got.

Pros: - Story and lore - tho I'm not fan of direct storytelling. I preferred Bloodborne and Dark Souls storytelling where you have dig deep to figure out what's going on and why, but it's good enough, - Good music

Pros:
    - Good music score, not on the level of DS3 or BB, but fits the setting very well, builds tension and does other things good music score supposed to do.
    - Level design - it's just great, high versatility, a lot of things to discover, use environment to your advantage
    - challenge and difficulty - here they did not **** up. It will put you to the test like hell.

Cons:
    - Combat is just not good for one simple reason. Everything is based on breaking posture by spamming attack (on weaker enemies) or deflecting and countering stronger enemies - rinse and repeat, it's just tedious and boring. On some rare occasion you can get leverage with one of special tools you unlock - but that's about it.
    - Character building is very simplistic, basically on the level of older Assassin's Creed games - find thing X to unlock tool, plus you have few skills to unlock at your disposal - that's it. There are no weapons to find, no armor to find - all the loot are upgrade components and consumables - which feels just very linear without any impactful decision making.
    -Graphics look dated, tho some of the artstyle is pretty good and there are some weird fps drops out of thin air (I suspect it has something to do with poor LOD and texture streaming), no ultra-wide support, game doesn't tolerate 2nd monitor and will cut performance severely until you unplug it, there are also some issues on Intel CPUs where having turbo boost enabled hinders performance severely - so pretty mediocre PC port to say the least.
    - Can't see any replay value (except maybe speed running) - because as I mentioned there is not enough diversity in character building (you won't make a different build to enjoy different combat experience - everything is just to thin and basic), there is no online component (so obviously no pvp) - there is just nothing worthwhile for a second playthrough to be seen.

So yeah, don't believe all those 9s and 10s out of 10. The game is nowhere near on the brilliance of Dark Souls or Bloodborne. It feels like watered down and streamlined action game with very little diversity and choice making at your disposal. If not technical issues and piss poor PC port lacking basic features that should be standard in 2019, I'd give it 7/10, but with technical issues and other problems I mentioned in cons section - 6/10 is max I can rate it. Note: 6/10 means it's a pretty decent game but with some problems. See the difference is - for IGN and other crap outlets, 6/10 is equal to garbage game - personally I utilize full scale and thus it means it's not bad game at all - more like disappointing a bit.

tl;dr: I suggest to wait for sale, at

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    There’s no leveling (in Soulsborne sense of the word), no covenants, no multiplayer, no variety in armor and weapons. It could be written off a stylistic choice, if the rest of the game didn’t feel very similar to the previous FromSoftware games. But it does, so Sekrio comes across as rather shallow. [Issue#237, p.28]
  2. Apr 27, 2019
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice is a milestone in the genre. It offers complex, stunning and precise sword fights and duels that its predecessors lacked, and from which its successors will have to keep up with. You no longer simply learn by repeatedly and unfairly dying, but you refine your talents as a player. You seek unique methods to overcome each boss, rather than just rolling at the right time before spamming a few hits.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Apr 25, 2019
    Dozens of hours later, we're still not sure how we feel about it. It's a game of contradictions, open and flexible in its level design, yet resolutely strict in its combat... It is a brilliant game, that is certain. but it is often a difficult one to truly love. Naturally, we can't put it down. [Issue#332, p.104]