8.3

1. Sep 4, 2020
    Its a whole new take on battle royal its potential is really high, so far the games been a blast.
  2. Sep 5, 2020
    Great concept and potential, really fun. They need to fix the bugs and optimization but overall good game.

Its also annoying playing against good players so they should have some type of competitive mode to separate them.
  3. Sep 4, 2020
    Pretty good game for it's first day. The weapons are fun to use and there are a lot of interesting combinations the in game loot and map are pretty ok. Seems like you can get the skins by just playing for free which is a huge pro. Solo and duo modes are not available right now which is kind of annoying. Fights are generally fun. If they keep to update the game with new content and add aPretty good game for it's first day. The weapons are fun to use and there are a lot of interesting combinations the in game loot and map are pretty ok. Seems like you can get the skins by just playing for free which is a huge pro. Solo and duo modes are not available right now which is kind of annoying. Fights are generally fun. If they keep to update the game with new content and add a simple non-battle royale pvp mode this could be a great game to play! As of right now it's worth a try since it's free and takes a small amount of memory on disk. [3/5 - Worth a try] Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2020
    Great concept that differentiates itself from other battle royal games through it's unique weapons (the elemental gauntlets). Each gauntlet feels pretty good to use, though there are some minor bugs that have cause problems. Bugs I anticipate will be fixed soon.

While (at the time of writing this review), the game features only Squads, Solos have been announced already, which I think will help improve the player experience.

Really excited that the shop currency can be earned in-game. And my experience with cross-party (me on PC and friends on PS4) has been pretty good!

My only real critique would be on sound design, but not enough to lower my score drastically.

As a casual player, I've had a lot of fun with Spellbreak thus far and am excited to see how the game improves from here.
  5. Sep 5, 2020
    The core gameplay is very fun. I cant wait to see what the future has in store once this game is more developed with more content.
  6. Sep 5, 2020
    Great game, good gameplay, I cannot wait for the solo mode, it's awesome the way that you can combat
  7. Sep 5, 2020
    The game shows a lot of potential for growth. In an already saturated BR market, it is a breath of fresh air, but it needs better marketing and maybe even more features. In it's current state, it's incredibly fun playing but offers very less incentive to keep going (a ranked system and a battle pass would do wonders). The leveling up of abilities is a good feature, but not everyone wouldThe game shows a lot of potential for growth. In an already saturated BR market, it is a breath of fresh air, but it needs better marketing and maybe even more features. In it's current state, it's incredibly fun playing but offers very less incentive to keep going (a ranked system and a battle pass would do wonders). The leveling up of abilities is a good feature, but not everyone would find it enough to keep them engaged. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2020
    Y'all have come a long way and it shows, the game looks great and with some launch day type exceptions, everything is working. Only thing I'm wishing for is more shop items, but I know there's content in the pipeline along with fixes for a lot of the common issues. Thanks Proletariat
  9. Sep 6, 2020
    I like the gameplay but they dont have SEA server,so i always play at NORTHEAST ASIA server with high ping up to 200ms and that really annoying
  10. Sep 7, 2020
    i like this game .gameplay is fast the visuals are good.i like super powers u take are insane but the map is a little repetietive i hope they fix that as soon as possible
  11. Sep 5, 2020
    A lot of potential held down by a poor launch. They decided to launch the game without any user account management, with squads only, and a LOT of gamebreaking bugs. Outside of those issues, the game is fun.. it feels incomplete and lacks polish of other big BR games like Fortnite, but the core gameplay is fun.

IF the game manages to increase polish and very quickly implement some

IF the game manages to increase polish and very quickly implement some online game basics (account management, etc...) then it has a chance at being something special. I really enjoy the gameplay, so I hope that they improve.

A few notes:

The sound design is pretty terrible and needs work. No player sounds, no voice, no interactions when hitting ground after a jump etc... the lack of sound makes it feel very hollow and not impactful, especially while taking damage.

The art style is nice but still a bit blurry.. could be improved over time. They need to make this game as beautiful as possible. It's lovely but can still look smoother/cleaner.

The Battle-Pass system will probably make or break the game (if the lack of account management and bugs do not break it first). It will NEED to have a good amount of unique skins and other cosmetics in each battlepass to make it worth buying and grinding out, and seasons will need to be different enough from eachother. Fortnite does a wonderful job of their battlepass worth and pacing, which is why it's on top in addition to it's gameplay polish. Other games like Apex and Dauntless have lackluster passes, and are dying off quickly.

Up to Proletariat how the game goes... but I am hopeful it improves
  12. Sep 5, 2020
    I like the idea of a battle royale game with magic but I have a few suggestions.
    1. Make different game modes, maybe even non battle royale ones!
    2. Allow users to log out of their Spellbreak account so they can log into another one! 3. Put an alert in the compass in the direction of someone attacking (ex. Someone east shoots lightning, a red indicator on east appears on the compass for
    1. Make different game modes, maybe even non battle royale ones!
    3. Put an alert in the compass in the direction of someone attacking (ex. Someone east shoots lightning, a red indicator on east appears on the compass for about 5 seconds)
    4. Add a way to revive your teammates, after being exiled, kind of like the reboot card in Fortnite, I recommend calling it a "Resurrection Card" to stick with the medieval vibe!
    5. Add a better way to counteract attacks, it seems that the winner is whoever has the better gauntlet and better click speed, it shouldn't be that way!
    Other than those, great game!
  13. Sep 5, 2020
    There's never been a pvp game I've been this sunk into in my decades of gaming. It takes so many things I love, and combines them together to create combinations of gameplay, the likes of which I've never seen. There's so much high flying gameplay it's been incredibly memorable to play it over the years.

For context, I've been playing this game since early stages of closed pre-alpha in 2018, been an active part the community and game feedback.
  14. Sep 6, 2020
    The game is pretty nice hopefully it blows up and keeps its charm and still waiting on new seasons
  15. Sep 5, 2020
    the game is unique, very fun. me and my buds had a blast playing since release day.
  16. Sep 5, 2020
    Played the game for 2 years now since the pre-alpha. Still addicted. Constant updates. GREAT game balance, and all from an indie studio. Takes a while to learn, but once you grasp the game, it doesn't get more exciting than this.
  17. Sep 5, 2020
    I've been playing this game for over a year and it's just an amazing game. It's improved a lot and there's still so much they can and will do to keep improving on Spellbreak. This game is by far the best and only of it's kind.
  18. Sep 5, 2020
    Addicted to the game !!! Really hope this game get more attention from medias and streamers!
  19. Sep 8, 2020
    My first battle royale and I can't stop playing. I have never played any battle royales mostly because I suck at FPS. This game feels amazing even with my learning curve I am having fun and looking forward to the next match.
  20. Sep 8, 2020
    Graphics - 10/10 beautiful. The better you machine the better it looks.

Cross platform - YES! It can be played on all major platforms namely Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC completely FREE. Gameplay - It's a magic based battle royale that focuses on mage combat instead of guns. Yes, it is as good as it sounds. In fact, it's so much more than that. It's Tutorial is well made and you can
    Graphics - 10/10 beautiful. The better you machine the better it looks.

It's Tutorial is well made and you can have fun just practicing this game and messing around with magic.

Overall it's a full AAA game experience for absolutely free. Something that most Free to play titles lack. It's on par with Fortnite,Dota 2 etc in terms of gameplay and complexity. Must play for all!
  21. Sep 8, 2020
    A little Disappointed that the master pack i and others bought 2 years ago with its skins are still obtainable. Was hoping for something exclusive but instead got refunded in a sense with in game currency for supporting the game so early. I did enjoy being able to buy into pre-alpha though. The Game Is great. Just sad nobody Received anything for their involvement for balancing/DevelopmentA little Disappointed that the master pack i and others bought 2 years ago with its skins are still obtainable. Was hoping for something exclusive but instead got refunded in a sense with in game currency for supporting the game so early. I did enjoy being able to buy into pre-alpha though. The Game Is great. Just sad nobody Received anything for their involvement for balancing/Development of the game Expand
  22. Sep 6, 2020
    Pretty buggy even though they did almost 2 years of alpha and bets. Other than that, pretty fun game.
  23. Sep 6, 2020
    I'm a pre-alpha player, and I can safely say the game has come a long way! Really fun take on an overcrowed genre for sure.
  24. Sep 6, 2020
    Great fun! Wonderful community. Spellbreak is immediately interesting with gorgeous visuals and tossing spells around is great for casual play. But, then it is surprisingly very skill based and nuanced it could really have legs as an esport. Really looking forward to non-battle royale modes. more ability to play against PvE, bots or otherwise not get destroyed by amazing players for us whoGreat fun! Wonderful community. Spellbreak is immediately interesting with gorgeous visuals and tossing spells around is great for casual play. But, then it is surprisingly very skill based and nuanced it could really have legs as an esport. Really looking forward to non-battle royale modes. more ability to play against PvE, bots or otherwise not get destroyed by amazing players for us who are not as good but want to have fun with friends practicing. Expand
  25. Sep 9, 2020
    The game idea is definitely creative, lots of fun to play. Love the idea of strategically having to choose weapons Hopefully it will get more popular.
  26. Sep 7, 2020
    Modern Warfare is fun, but the size and frequent updates hinder it for me and my friends. Valorant is fun, the low graphics makes it playable for almost everyone. But it's just for PC and the game gets too sweaty at times. But Spellbreak! Graphics just low enough for everyone to jump in, crossplay, cross-save, battle royal, element mixing, fun! Mad fun! It's perfect.
  27. Sep 11, 2020
    So far I am having a blast Pro's Skill based gameplay
    Skill based matchmaking High chaos Lots of combination with spells Not pay to win Cons's Not enough goals to work/play for yet It's still in it's launch fase ( 3 sep the game released, with beta and alpha fases for the last year or 2 ) I like the game, the gameplay feels good and smooth.
    The balance is good I think ( the competitive
    So far I am having a blast Pro's Skill based gameplay
    The balance is good I think ( the competitive players might not think so XD )
    I am loving how I need to improvise every time I start a match. It keeps me on my toes in a match, because I really need use what I have on me ad that moment when I see a enemy player. All the different elementals make the game feel like your a true battle mage / or avatar XD The game will need to find it's stable player base and keep them engaged. Chapters or seasons ( might be the same thing ) will do that hopefully. Give the players a reason te keep playing. and you will have a stable player base. What would like to see in the future of this game ??

I would really like two see more gauntlets ( elementals/magic types ) shadow, water, lava, sun, gravity, steel, sand, Glass.

More uniek magic styles like, transformation magic, summoning/necromancy, weapon calling magic, trap magic. Time magic

And I would also like two see more gameplay options like:
    Like terrain shaping, so you see even more destruction effect from battle's. Destruction elements would help this game shine even more I think, if you your enemy is hidding or camping in a building just make it crumble while they are in it. Burning buildings would also be great fun to use as tacktic. Or a area where using fire would not be to smart when your in it, like a gass filed room or a oil covert erea. But that's for the long term I think XD

All in all this game has lots of potential !!!!
  28. Sep 4, 2020
    Ubalance, huge map for not enough people, fun but balancing and map ruin it
  29. Sep 5, 2020
    I have been playing the game since pre alpha and the game has evolved so much into the masterpiece it is today. I purchased a pack in pre alpha and I feel I got my money’s worth playing over 2000 hours between when I joined and now. The devs listen and try to fix issues as fast as they can.
  30. Sep 5, 2020
    Amazing twist on the battle royale genre. I'm not a fan of guns so I absolutely love the magic style. The artwork and graphics are fantastic and I love the style as well. The outfits are great and the only major downside I will say there is in my opinion is the shop, I can't stand rotating shops like in Fall Guys where you are either encouraged to mass buy things you don't really want orAmazing twist on the battle royale genre. I'm not a fan of guns so I absolutely love the magic style. The artwork and graphics are fantastic and I love the style as well. The outfits are great and the only major downside I will say there is in my opinion is the shop, I can't stand rotating shops like in Fall Guys where you are either encouraged to mass buy things you don't really want or horde your money forever missing things you might have otherwise bought. I would much prefer a League Of Legends style shop and maybe a battle pass option to make up the lost money on a more consumer friendly shop. Overall though none of my complaints are with the game, I love the game to death, the community is also absolutely amazing with a great group of people that make sure all players feel welcome. 10/10 but I'd love to see a better cosmetic shop and maybe future magic types added in the long term. Expand
  31. Sep 5, 2020
    Honestly my favorite game since Beta 2.0, I’ve really been in love and glad it’s back!
  32. Sep 5, 2020
    I've played since game since pre-alpha and bought the mage pack immediately because of how good it was and honestly it's worth it.
    The game is so fluid and is really enjoyable especially if you don't take it seriously or try hard a lot.
    Learning a new gauntlet is easy but perfecting it is hard which is nice. The progression system is amazing and the talents you get really change your
    Learning a new gauntlet is easy but perfecting it is hard which is nice.
    The progression system is amazing and the talents you get really change your playstyle.
    The only thing I would like to see is an arena game mode such as 1v1s or 2v2s but other than that the game is great 10/10.
  33. Sep 5, 2020
    The only pvp game that I have loved for some time. Each game has something satisfying to provide with a boat load of variety in playing style and choices. Game gets 10/10 based on the innovation of the game-play and sheer enjoyment factor.
  34. Sep 5, 2020
    game misses some inside mechanics/objectives, but mechanics are amazing. Also skins needs more work, but game has huge potencial as an esport competitive game.
  35. Sep 5, 2020
    10/10. I am so impressed with this game and beyond amazed its free. I love it! The first BR iv enjoyed since pubg was new. Its very rare for me to become obsessed with a new game... this is the one! It has so much potential, but honestly its already where I want it. Solos being released will be very interesting and I think that's where the game will improve.

Negatives as of week 1:

Negatives as of week 1: Final area in squads is pure chaos and lacks much team based skill. You have 5-6 teams just piling ontop of each other and because of the large aoe attacks strategy is low.

Cant see team dings when landing, why cant i choose my own place to land?

10/10 amazing free game.
  36. Sep 6, 2020
    Super jeu, direction artistique magnifique, bravo à proletariat ! On veut plus de contenu !
  37. Sep 6, 2020
    Good game. Love the combat and the animations are on point. Feels really fluid and satisfying
  38. Sep 6, 2020
    The game itself has an amazing concept, the movement and overall game play between other mages is amazing. Different combinations of the abilities is superb and definitely allows for some amazing plays. I feel that the only thing that could be improved on would be the possibility of combining the same element type to create an even larger ability as well as larger lobbies, as I found thatThe game itself has an amazing concept, the movement and overall game play between other mages is amazing. Different combinations of the abilities is superb and definitely allows for some amazing plays. I feel that the only thing that could be improved on would be the possibility of combining the same element type to create an even larger ability as well as larger lobbies, as I found that games did go considerably fast. Expand
  39. Sep 6, 2020
    Have been waiting for this game to come out since I played in closed-beta. Having Australian servers, I have been anxious to see the 'released product'.
    I can confidently say that this Magic based Battle Royale game is exactly what I was hoping. Of course, there is room for improvements, bug fixes and ongoing updates but with the extremely punctual Dev Team, I believe there will be no issues there.
    Please give this game a solid go! It's a 10/10 in my books.
  40. Sep 6, 2020
    A different take on the BR format and it doesn't disappoint! Incredibly fun and creative I urge everyone to give it a try.
  41. Sep 6, 2020
    Divertido, distinto y con futuro. Todo depende de la comunidad y de los desarrolladores y tendrá un buen futuro.
  42. Sep 6, 2020
    Great game, really cool and very creative, I can't wait on how it will develop, so much potential.
  43. Sep 6, 2020
    I love Spellbreak and have been playing since closed beta 1. There's still some things I wish they would fix. The sound of the storm when you're stuck inside it is absolutely terrible. When the storm sounds closing in it sounds like an airplane and once you're in the storm it sounds like you're underwater. Also, please give us PC players the option to turn off crossplay! Most of the PCI love Spellbreak and have been playing since closed beta 1. There's still some things I wish they would fix. The sound of the storm when you're stuck inside it is absolutely terrible. When the storm sounds closing in it sounds like an airplane and once you're in the storm it sounds like you're underwater. Also, please give us PC players the option to turn off crossplay! Most of the PC players don't want to be in lobbies with other players that have aim assist. Other than those two small things Proletariat made an amazing game that is so much fun with an even better community surrounding the game! I truly love noticing so many players in my lobbies and watching the continued growth. :) Expand
  44. Sep 6, 2020
    This is an awesome, high-octane pvp game with a rewarding skill curve and very agreeable design. Every gauntlet is balanced and has it's own combos that boil down to preference over a couple great options, and the movement in this game is absolutely smooth.

I've been playing since March as a Closed Beta member, and when the game went free to play a couple days ago, I brought a bunch of friends into the game as first-time newbies and gave them only the tips of dont stop moving and dont stop jumping, and a couple of them quickly got the hang of it. It has the same issues as most launch games, but I personally believe that with a short amount of time and support this game could become one of the best and most consistently good games of the last couple years.

Great job, Proletariat!
  45. Sep 6, 2020
    Best royale! good mobility, nice combos with elements, i really recommend it!
  46. Sep 6, 2020
    A lot of fun, with a concept I've been waiting on for a while. I see a lot of potential with the right developments. Honestly you just want to keep on playing again and again.
  47. Sep 6, 2020
    Haven't found a game where I genuinely wanted to keep playing it over and over everyday like this game does in a long time. Not because I wanted to complete some battlepass or challenges (since there isn't much yet) but because the gameplay in actually great.
  48. Sep 6, 2020
    This is somewhat the most awaited battle royale for me. Its the best as it is one of a kind. You get a mix of mobility and shooting at the same time trying to figure out good combos and talents to come with your gauntlets. Really diverse and damn the map is gorgeous some parts are foggy/dark/bright its just the best for me.
  49. Sep 7, 2020
    Spellbreak has been a breakthrough Battle Royale for me - there's is a steep learning curve, however, the fun is endless regardless of where you're at in your journey as a Breaker.

Being able to customise your character is a great gift, which makes it feel super personal and it truly feels like there are no daft choices - you can play how you want to play and succeed! I'll be playing

I'll be playing Spellbreak for a long time to come, a big shoutout to the all those at Proletariat who've worked tirelessly over the years to bring this incredible game to FOUR huge platforms in parallel! What an achievement, and what a game.
  50. Sep 7, 2020
    It would be a great game however, just like any other game, hackers are prominent and the game is unable to catch them. The game also supports "streamer mode" which hides the user's name which becomes very useful for hackers as well to hide their identities.
  51. Sep 7, 2020
    I just started playing and its really fun. ill say its the most fun br out there
  52. Sep 7, 2020
    This game is just amazing, so fun and very challenging. Simple loot system, ingenious spell combinations.
  53. Sep 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An amazing game that deserves every bit of praise. Such a unique change to the battle royal genre. The game literally has no business being this fun. Expand
  54. Sep 8, 2020
    This game is so fun. Can't stop playing it. Hopelessly addicted just like the rest. No other br got me hooked as much as this one.
  55. Sep 9, 2020
    This game is fun and its different, and different is what caused Fortnite to blow up, it has steep Learning curve but its fun nonetheless, I think 3 things will make this game blow up 1. Keep it Balanced, 2. Develop a healthy Esports scene 3. For the love of everything nerf controller aim assist on PC Please do not make the same mistake Fortnite did and let and Extremely strong aim assistThis game is fun and its different, and different is what caused Fortnite to blow up, it has steep Learning curve but its fun nonetheless, I think 3 things will make this game blow up 1. Keep it Balanced, 2. Develop a healthy Esports scene 3. For the love of everything nerf controller aim assist on PC Please do not make the same mistake Fortnite did and let and Extremely strong aim assist issue go unchecked for years Expand
  56. Sep 10, 2020
    Spellbreak is a riveting take on skill-shot PvP combat. Every second keeps you on your toes and landing your shots feels so good. The graphics are simple and pleasant and the game is very well put together. A few bugs here and there, but this review is being written just a few days after launch.
  57. Sep 12, 2020
    this game is okay overall, but it does not play like other battle royales. You start with 24 other players in a match and you select a point to be teleported to. When you're in the air, it is almost impossible to spot other players. When you're on the ground and looting, you're lucky if you get some combat within 6-7 minutes. There is no combat at the start of the game, but in the lastthis game is okay overall, but it does not play like other battle royales. You start with 24 other players in a match and you select a point to be teleported to. When you're in the air, it is almost impossible to spot other players. When you're on the ground and looting, you're lucky if you get some combat within 6-7 minutes. There is no combat at the start of the game, but in the last 2-3 zones, there is so much 3rd or 4th partying that it is almost impossible to survive. Overall the late game is a hell hole to be if you don't have the best equipment.
    Overall this game is fun if you like bad combat gameplay and fun spells.
  58. Sep 12, 2020
    Wow what a amazing game i was in the beta and I have been in love with this game since i started to playing it. It being a new game i look forward to the future of this game knowing that they are going to keep adding stuff
  59. Sep 25, 2020
    Pros:
    Looks great
    Unique
    Spells combo together nicely.

Cons:
    Spells don't go to the crosshair.
    Can't alternate your glove to either side.
    Lag feels off too when you know you should have dodged something but still get hit.

Matchmaking is wonky too. You either are in a lobby with nothing but bots or people that can just lay you out with near perfect hits.
  60. Sep 14, 2020
    Sh*thole netcode, map is boring and empty, spells are fun for a while but after a few hours it´s just boring.
  61. Sep 6, 2020
    Despite BR really not being my genre, I've had quite a bit of fun with Spellbreak. The biggest downside is the amount of downtime between battles, especially when getting the first hit on someone isn't usually all that important, so there isn't a lot of tension.
  62. Sep 11, 2020
    Крайне интересный батл рояль про магию. Вспоминаю старенькую магику.
    Хорошая динамика и множество взаимодействий стихий на поле боя. Играется так же, как и выглядит - хорошо.
    Не хватает условной озвучки персонажей (диалоги / касты) и разрушаемости карты (хотя бы зданий, деревьев), но это мелкие придирки
    Крайне интересный батл рояль про магию. Вспоминаю старенькую магику.

63. Sep 5, 2020
    I think this game is pretty good for what I assume is a beta build. There are a few tweaks I'd like to see, like increased projectile speed overall and other balancing adjustments, but overall it's the most enjoyable be I've played in a long time. I'd change my score to a 10 in a heartbeat if they were to add an actual PVP mode. As much as I like how the mechanics work in a battle royale,I think this game is pretty good for what I assume is a beta build. There are a few tweaks I'd like to see, like increased projectile speed overall and other balancing adjustments, but overall it's the most enjoyable be I've played in a long time. I'd change my score to a 10 in a heartbeat if they were to add an actual PVP mode. As much as I like how the mechanics work in a battle royale, a traditional team-based deathmatch mode would absolutely knock it out of the park. Most of the flaws can be forgiven based on the fact that it's only been out for a couple of days and it seems like more people are playing than were initially expected.

The microtransactions are also surprisingly generous for a free-to-play. There are a couple of different starter packs if you really want to go that far, but all of the cosmetics in the shop are pretty easily earned without paying for anything. I've only put in about 20 games maximum and I can already get the lower-tier items. Anyone playing more than a couple of hours a day should have no problem getting any of the cool skins or other cosmetics in a weekend. They haven't implemented any Battle Pass or anything yet, but the track record so far leaves me optimistic that one would be done in a reasonable manner.

If you're on the fence about this game, I'd say just try it out. It's free and it takes up only about 7GB. Keep in mind that there haven't been any patches or hotfixes as far as I know at the time I write this, so most things like server stability are probably being worked on. It's even cross-platform so you can play with any of your friends on Xbox One, PS4, or Switch.
  64. Sep 7, 2020
    Tiene un gran potencial como videojuego, un gameplay bastante fluido y variado, la alta movilidad que se tiene hace que no estés aburrido al ir de punto A a punto B, en general muy divertido, las habilidades y talentos, así como los objetos considero que son bastante divertidos, lo único que considero es que el hace combinaciones de habilidades no da tanta recompensa como uno esperaría,Tiene un gran potencial como videojuego, un gameplay bastante fluido y variado, la alta movilidad que se tiene hace que no estés aburrido al ir de punto A a punto B, en general muy divertido, las habilidades y talentos, así como los objetos considero que son bastante divertidos, lo único que considero es que el hace combinaciones de habilidades no da tanta recompensa como uno esperaría, así que considero que deberían aumentar el daño de las habilidades, ya que el usar ataques básicos, la mayoría del tiempo, da una recompensa mucho mayor, en general es un muy buen juego y esto que dije probablemente lo solucionen muy rápido. Expand
  65. Sep 21, 2020
    Mais BattleRoyale, como se a gente já não tivesse o suficiente por aí.
    Os gráficos são meio estranhos pro meu gosto e o combate é meio ruim.
  66. Oct 22, 2020
    The game starts out ok, a lot of fun for the first few matches, then it becomes a matter of getting killed in the first 10 seconds of each match by high lvl. players you can't avoid anywhere you try and land.
  67. Sep 22, 2020
    SpellBreak has the potential and foundation to be one of the BR greats, but in its current situation it just is not. currently the main issue many are seeing is that game itself has a high learning curve as well as skill ceiling, this is not anything new but to top this off many new players are seeing lobbies with pre alpha and alpha tester who have already had the tim to learn the gameSpellBreak has the potential and foundation to be one of the BR greats, but in its current situation it just is not. currently the main issue many are seeing is that game itself has a high learning curve as well as skill ceiling, this is not anything new but to top this off many new players are seeing lobbies with pre alpha and alpha tester who have already had the tim to learn the game and put in the work needed to obtain the skill needed to be decent. new players are roped in with the first few games having a high bot capacity thinking they are amazing at this new game before a person with over 100 hours comes to stomp them into the ground. this is easily fixable and has several options the most prevalent of which are new player lobbies as seen is Rainbow 6 siege or with Skill based match making but this game contains neither. Expand
  68. Sep 5, 2020
    I am super happy that the game launched. The bad part about it in Beta/Alpha was that it has a very high skill cap and back there everyone was sooo good that it was impossible to start but now is being super fun. I really hope they keep a healthy playerbase so they can enable Solo/Duo and some non battle royale pvp mode like duels or something.
  69. Sep 17, 2020
    I really wish I could have rated this game higher. Don't get me wrong this game is great-absolutely Fantastic. The problem is that I was an alpha tester for this game and even though this game has gotten better and better ever since then when I came back for the full release I was kinda disappointed. this is because quite a few of my favorite features were removed, and yes I do understandI really wish I could have rated this game higher. Don't get me wrong this game is great-absolutely Fantastic. The problem is that I was an alpha tester for this game and even though this game has gotten better and better ever since then when I came back for the full release I was kinda disappointed. this is because quite a few of my favorite features were removed, and yes I do understand that they most likely removed them to balance the game. I feel it would be better to implement new features or nerfing features rather than entirely removing them. Expand
  70. Sep 13, 2020
    In my opinion, this game needs a lot od effort, to be a good game. For instance you can easyli look through a celing. In every game, you will encouter a new bug and players, that somehow will kill you in 2 sec. Maybe this game will be great at some point, but now great dissapointment and flustrating game, feels like game from smartphone.
  71. Sep 5, 2020
    Definitely one of the better free games available everything in this game is pure epic plain and simple very high skill gap though maybe not for everyone easy 9 out of 10
  72. Sep 5, 2020
    I am normally not a big fan of battle royal games, but when I saw gameplay for this title in early beta I knew I had to try it. From being able to zoom across the map and throwing fireballs and lightning from my finger tips. It was like reliving every fantasy I had as a child as a fan of star wars and Harry Potter. I really reccomend trying this game out and giving it some quality time, II am normally not a big fan of battle royal games, but when I saw gameplay for this title in early beta I knew I had to try it. From being able to zoom across the map and throwing fireballs and lightning from my finger tips. It was like reliving every fantasy I had as a child as a fan of star wars and Harry Potter. I really reccomend trying this game out and giving it some quality time, I dont think you will be disappointed with the hard work and passion you can tell has been put into this game. Expand
  73. Sep 5, 2020
    A very fun version of a battle-royale. Very fun enjoyable game with tons of potential, if developers can maintain a consistent schedule on updates the game can propser. Spellbreak can crossover to a lot of different markets and will set a new foundation for all games.
  74. Dun
    Sep 6, 2020
    Pretty ok game, not genre defining in the least bit but it’s good. it’s what you’ll expect it to be. For a ftp game it’s a pretty good game but against known good br games it’s not superior.
    Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes! Overall rating i would go for a 7 but since the graphics are excellent i’ll give it an 8.
  75. Sep 6, 2020
    The game is really solid and really fun, the only thing its missing is a content stream and solos and duos (solos and duos are coming in the next two weeks)
  76. Sep 6, 2020
    People are RATING WITH ZERO (0) while doing POSITIVE (+) Coments, I don't know why xD

Also, we miss Shadow Steps Rune and lobby can easily sustain 50 people! That's all!
  77. Sep 6, 2020
    Love the game.I watched Mr.Fruit play the closed Beta and immediately fell in love with the game. I joined the discord and was waiting for it to come out. The cross-play feature is what made me actually get the game, because my friends are on xbox. Looking forward how this game develops. ^ - ^
  78. Sep 6, 2020
    Amazing gameplay loop, unique weapon system, constant smooth frames. Only issue is the game has a massive learning curve for casual players. A ranked mode would be great for high level players so it gives the less experienced a chance to get better at the game. Very few bugs and a great experience. DON'T SLEEP ON THIS!!
  79. Sep 6, 2020
    Gameplay is great, I just feel like there's more you can do on this game so hopefully more mechanics will be added in the future
  80. Sep 6, 2020
    It's new, it's twitchy, it's rough around the edges, has a potential it doesn't understand yet.....this could be a masterpiece in the making. Looking forward to what this game has in store for us in the future.

Graphics - The graphics are clean and sharp. Not the best looking game out there but still looking good in it's own right. Gameplay - Very well made but some balance issues.

Gameplay - Very well made but some balance issues. The way how you combine spells, counter enemy spells or create combos with your team is incredibly satisfying. You also have the ability to fly but flying cost mana just like your spells which makes it a game where you need to balance usage of these two. You are also granted one ability of which there are several of. One to have you see your enemies through walls, a teleport and much more. These abilities are fun however unbalanced. some of them are literally not a viable option.

Story - None. There is some lore but you have to find it outside of the game. Hope there will be something in the future considering the map looks like it was once thriving with life but war has left it uninhabited.

sound - Could be better. There seem to be sounds missing in the game, the directional sound isn't that great and for some reason (could be a problem only i encountered) it sounds like someone is running next you when preforming certain actions.
  81. Sep 6, 2020
    Played since pre alpha. Has improved every build. Excited to see clash return or other non BR modes. Great people.
  82. Sep 6, 2020
    Amazing game just a bit a of lag every now and then on switch. But besides that I definitely recommend this game
  83. Sep 7, 2020
    This game is super fun. The idea is very imaginative. May have some bugs but it's just a new game so I don't care about that too much. Overall the game is nice. I hope the Dev can add more Element in the future.
  84. Sep 7, 2020
    Super fun unique gameplay, would rate higher if they had a different gamemode other than battle royale :(
  85. Sep 9, 2020
    Harry Potter Royale! What's not to like? A fun fast paced entry to the Battle-Royale genre!
  86. Sep 10, 2020
    spellbreak is a really good game, performance:smooth and graphic style is amazing,the landing i dont know why but is really cool when you make impact with ground and put a somewhat hole into the ground.potions and all that on point apart from when you crouch during drinking it will look like your just pouring down yourself. is quite a few cheaters.oh and 1 of the best parts about this gamespellbreak is a really good game, performance:smooth and graphic style is amazing,the landing i dont know why but is really cool when you make impact with ground and put a somewhat hole into the ground.potions and all that on point apart from when you crouch during drinking it will look like your just pouring down yourself. is quite a few cheaters.oh and 1 of the best parts about this game is that unlike fortnite you can earn coins by leveling up.one big problem is for me is that the wolf or werewolf ability type thing kinda bothered me because when it started doing animation of using it i thought i can become a werewolf and run around fast and attack with claws but sadly no,if this feature gets put in then this is the best game even know its already a really good game but ye please add that or change that ability to that Expand
  87. Sep 11, 2020
    Absolutely love this game. Even when losing I'm having more fun than I've had on a multilayer game in years! There are still some bugs, but considering this is still in game preview, that's to be expected.
  88. Sep 13, 2020
    I have never particularly loved the genre but I must say that I was pleasantly impressed by the mechanics and graphic style of this game. I still find it pretty meager but if the developers put in the effort it can have great potential to come.
  89. Sep 14, 2020
    if you log into your account on a switch or anything you CANNOT log out. So be aware if you log onto spellbreak using anything because you CANNOT LOG OUT. 0 stars because u cant even log out of the game.
  90. Sep 15, 2020
    They say multiple gauntlets and combinations, but balance doesn't exist and two gauntlets are horrendously broken since game start till endgame, there is no point in using others.

You drop in, either you get oneshotted by the said broken gauntlets or you oneshot someone, and then the map is empty and you just run arround hoping to find epic items so you don't get instant vaporized by other players who find them.

After 6 minutes of just running arround in an empty map collecting random items, the showdown occurs. You find one player (or a group, which is bs) and here the dice roll happens.

If you manage to find better items than that guy you met, you win. Otherwise you get insta oneshotted and lose, wasting your time and your life.

Would not recommend this game for anyone to play even if they get paid to do it.
  91. Sep 15, 2020
    I give the game this rating mainly because of the customer service, I tried reaching out to the team because I purchased the Master pack founder's pack before the migration to Epic, now with the full release I am trying to get back into the game after a long hiatus. I follow the instructions and when the game launches and I see that my account is completely bare, I have nothing from when II give the game this rating mainly because of the customer service, I tried reaching out to the team because I purchased the Master pack founder's pack before the migration to Epic, now with the full release I am trying to get back into the game after a long hiatus. I follow the instructions and when the game launches and I see that my account is completely bare, I have nothing from when I was playing the game in Beta, and I don't have anything from the Master's Pack, again I tried to reach out to the dev team but I was just given the generic email reply. I do have the option to purchase founder's packs on the Epic Store so I can very well purchase the Master pack again for the same price.

The game play is good, it's much more smoother than the Beta, and in a more stable state. Just like most other battle royal games you can play in single, duo or triple, however your weapons make the game more dynamic, you can combine the effects of most of the elements and depending on your gear you can shred people into dust. I do not recommend if you are thinking of getting a founder's pack to purchase it from the Spellbreak home page if that's even still a thing, just get it from either the PS store, Nintendo store, Xbox live store or from the Epic store, that way you don't get screwed like me, going to try to pester their support staff again.
  92. Sep 16, 2020
    Come on guys i would be doing myself a disgrace by NOT saying this is the best Battle Royale!

I actually think Fortnite is better ONLY because this game just came out. If they give constant updates, then this will become the next big thing! :)
  93. Oct 10, 2020
    Shows really great potential, fast, exciting and incredible combat (mechanics and design), stable servers, really unique experience in the Battle royale genre, friendly environment (warm and familiar community), great for playing alone (Solo) or with friends (duo or squads) , highly recommendable, should have more advertisement for avoiding being the shadow of other games in the industryShows really great potential, fast, exciting and incredible combat (mechanics and design), stable servers, really unique experience in the Battle royale genre, friendly environment (warm and familiar community), great for playing alone (Solo) or with friends (duo or squads) , highly recommendable, should have more advertisement for avoiding being the shadow of other games in the industry (This is not a mage fortnite, please understand that)

This game is a masterpiece, well done proletariat! Keep up bringing content!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 7, 2020
    The potential to grow into something superb is there, but even in its current state, Spellbreak is a great breath of fresh air for the genre. The game should find an audience with fans of battle royale or new people who are fed up with the gun-toting nature of them, or for those who are simply looking for something a little magical to dip their wands into.
    Spellbreak is a good battle-royale with great combat. It's graphics and world-design won't "wow" anyone, but the ability to dish out devastating magical destruction in chaotic duals is unlike anything else currently on the market.
  3. Sep 30, 2020
    Spellbreak could be a huge hit if it was capable of filling out games with players, rather than bots. Even still, Proletariat’s fantastic sound design, music, gameplay mechanics, and art style creates a hugely immersive experience for the player; comfortably satisfying a player’s desire to experience games shaped around elemental magic. It’s a shame that such an incredibly rewarding experience is marred by bot-heavy games.