4.9

1. Jun 18, 2021
    Very good game innovative gameplay keep the same energy for a sequel it will be better and better
  2. May 23, 2021
    Garbage. We managed to lose all the advantages of the first part, while leaving all the disadvantages and adding new ones. The area is simply teeming with zombies, who do not give a second's respite, and there is no navigator, if you need to look at the map, you will not even stop calmly, they immediately fly. In the game, everything is of the same type to the point of horror, you start toGarbage. We managed to lose all the advantages of the first part, while leaving all the disadvantages and adding new ones. The area is simply teeming with zombies, who do not give a second's respite, and there is no navigator, if you need to look at the map, you will not even stop calmly, they immediately fly. In the game, everything is of the same type to the point of horror, you start to get bored after a couple of hours. Maybe I played it for 15 hours at most and realized that there is nothing more to catch there. Deleted. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2021
    Boring from start. Very unprofessional voice acting. You may have some fun with friends but generally it is a big step back from first game. Characters to choose from are highly limited. Repeatable gameplay. Crank difficulty higher than normal to have any fun, still loss of time.
  4. Feb 21, 2021
    Fun Open World Survival Game But They Lost My Respect When They Added Stuff To Do With "Black Lives Matter," Even Though Black Lives Matter Movement Has Killed Innocent Whites And Hell Even Some Blacks, But I Guess Those Blacks Didn't Matter. They've Harassed A Hell Of A Ton Of People, Burnt Down Buildings ETC, But I Guess "Black Lives Matter" Right?
  5. Feb 11, 2021
    I honestly enjoy this game a lot. It's got a cult following to boot. I have spent hundreds of hours on multiple difficulties. I am not one that normally plays games that are all or nothing, but the mechanics of this game have drawn me in. The mixture of management, rpg, and exploration really appeal to me. The people who have given this game a bad rating don't seem to take the time to fixI honestly enjoy this game a lot. It's got a cult following to boot. I have spent hundreds of hours on multiple difficulties. I am not one that normally plays games that are all or nothing, but the mechanics of this game have drawn me in. The mixture of management, rpg, and exploration really appeal to me. The people who have given this game a bad rating don't seem to take the time to fix their own problem. Nighttime is hard to see? Fix the gama. After awhile the game can become monotonous, but so can Breath of Wild and Fallout 4, which is why I'm not playing them right now. It doesn't mean they're not good games. I think for most people the brutality and finality of this game is a turn off, knowing your character's death is permanent isn't appealing to some. Spending hours maxing out a character's stats only to lose them because you didn't realize you were facing a horde and six ferals, well that is a downer, but at the time it gives meaning to your success. You aren't just making it in a game where you can reload when you make a mistake. Is it a ten, no, and part of the reason is melee combat is awkward on PC, however shooting is so much easier. It's the opposite on controller and console. I would recommend ignoring the haters that wanted another softcore survival game like Last of Us and giving it a try. You can currently try it on Xbox Game Pass or maybe wait and grab it when it comes on sale. Expand
  6. Jan 14, 2021
    I would rate 7 If multiplayer worked, but because really works only half of the game, the rate is 3.
  7. Dec 24, 2020
    Like many, I came into SOD2 not having played the original. I was instantly hooked. Here's my Pros and Cons...

PROS Decent graphics Tons of replay value Huge open maps Survivors can become heroes Great scavenging system Realistic usage of vehicles; Fuel/maintenance Voiced characters Ability to appoint leaders of communities Solo or Co Op Day/night cycle Need to sleep, treat

PROS

Decent graphics
    Tons of replay value
    Huge open maps
    Survivors can become heroes
    Great scavenging system
    Realistic usage of vehicles; Fuel/maintenance
    Voiced characters
    Ability to appoint leaders of communities
    Solo or Co Op
    Day/night cycle
    Need to sleep, treat injuries, infections
    Good variety of weapons
    Unlockable outfits
    Ability to change main base as much as you want
    4 different maps with the Juggernaut Edition.

-----

CONS

No weather effects
    Horrible character creation
    No need to drink or eat
    Plenty of bugs and glitches
    Lags for many even on top end systems
    There's really no main story to follow
    Community quests get repetitive and tedious

-----

I think that about nails it down for me.

Aside from "Project Zomboid," State of Decay 2 is the best zombie game on the market thus far.

Now, I need to express one HUGE beef I have with the game, and many others do as well, and that's the character generator. Ugh. It's horrid. When starting a new community, you can roll three characters, and everything about them is random each time you roll. Their gender, their appearance, their traits and their names. You can spend hours trying to get even just one character that you really like. Very poor implementation by the DEVS here. Hopefully State of Decay 3 (which is in the works) will have a better character creator.

In closing, I love the game. It's really good, but the bugs, glitches and lack of depth is keeping me from rating this game higher than I'd like to. So, a 7 I feel is fair. Hopefully the DEVS will fix some things, but I doubt it. The game is already 2 years old and as I mentioned, SOD3 is in the works. Who knows. I'll keep playing it for some time, because it is a really fun game. Very addictive. Check it out. Thanks Undead Labs. Cheers!
  8. Dec 17, 2020
    เกมที่เล่นกับเพื่อนๆ ก็สนุกดี เล่นแรกๆ มีอะไรให้ทำเยอะ เล่นไปสักพักไม่ค่อยมีอะไรไม่ใหม่ แต่ได้ฆ่าซอมบี้ก็สะใจดี
  9. Dec 14, 2020
    Regarding survival game, it is undoubtedly one of the best games of all time. Very fun, very complete. The only flaw is the bugs that it has a lot, but it does not affect the gameplay.
  10. Dec 8, 2020
    Donkey droppings. Two suitable words to describe this poorly pooped out effort. The original State of Decay was far superior in every respect. Character interaction, story, even the grinding nature of tasks; it all fitted together and worked well in unison. By comparison, SoD2 is just an utter mess, with nothing to either entertain or engage. Poor ideas, poor design, poor implementation.Donkey droppings. Two suitable words to describe this poorly pooped out effort. The original State of Decay was far superior in every respect. Character interaction, story, even the grinding nature of tasks; it all fitted together and worked well in unison. By comparison, SoD2 is just an utter mess, with nothing to either entertain or engage. Poor ideas, poor design, poor implementation. They really came up with the holy trinity of turd for this terrible sequel. Expand
  11. Oct 26, 2020
    Esse game é bom demais, um dos melhores jogos de sobrevivência e gerenciamento de base! O jogo está muito melhor do que quando foi lançado, só não leva 10 por conta dos pequenos bugs que ainda não foram corrigidos e por não ter uma opção de troca rápida de arma para uma arma secundária (sidearm)!
  12. Oct 21, 2020
    En papel se ve interesante, lo compre con mucho hype , dado que el primero me gusto mucho, pero lastimosamente este no ofrece evolucion alguna sobre el primero en lineas generales no hay un cambio muy sensible en las mecanicas de juego, movilidad de los personajes, dinamismo en los combates, en un tema personal no recomiendo la compra ni siquiera en ofertas, hace un rato lo termineEn papel se ve interesante, lo compre con mucho hype , dado que el primero me gusto mucho, pero lastimosamente este no ofrece evolucion alguna sobre el primero en lineas generales no hay un cambio muy sensible en las mecanicas de juego, movilidad de los personajes, dinamismo en los combates, en un tema personal no recomiendo la compra ni siquiera en ofertas, hace un rato lo termine desinstalando, pense que con los parches que lanzaron hubiera mejorado algo, pero nuevamente nada de nada, este es uno de los casos donde mucho ruido y pocas nueces, hazte un favor, ve y compra un juego que realmente sea divertido e interesante, este lo tendras de adorno en tu biblioteca ya que yo como muchos esperabamos el juego tras haber jugado el primero y con el tiempo de desarrollo se esperaria un juego con muchas mejoras, pero pues no pasa eso aqui, Este juego no es desastroso, sino lo siguiente, es que no se ha inventado palabra para describir algo tan tremendamente mal ejecutado, si quisieras buscarle algo bueno, podrias tardarte un muy buen rato y eso es que si le encuentras, es una lastima, esperemos que un desarrollador logre tomar esta idea y hacerla bien o al menos algo decente porque MS , sinceramente ha desperdiciado mucho en esto, , si lo compras buscalo cuando tenga algo de 60% o mas en descuento, mas de eso no vale la pena, puedes bajar una "demo" Expand
  13. Oct 16, 2020
    It runs poorly and looks like game from 2012. Crashes every so often while the first game never crashed on me. They did not improved anything aside minor changes to animations and graphics, better car system and sound design. Not worth it's money for sure.
  14. Sep 13, 2020
    I played this game for three hours straight with some of my friends, and we have all agreed that his game is bland and a bit repetitive. Yes it is a survival game which means there will be some repetition of elements, like collecting resources. But when it gets to the point where you are driving around, crushinh zombies like pedestrians in a gta game, hoping to find another objective thatI played this game for three hours straight with some of my friends, and we have all agreed that his game is bland and a bit repetitive. Yes it is a survival game which means there will be some repetition of elements, like collecting resources. But when it gets to the point where you are driving around, crushinh zombies like pedestrians in a gta game, hoping to find another objective that isn't one of those blood hearts and their nasty hordes of blood zombies which deal infection build up, you begin to question what is the purpose of playing this game over gta online. Overall, don't recommend it,just find another zombie game to get your zombie game hunger satisfied. Expand
  15. Aug 14, 2020
    Dayz clone: ½ very enjoyable great game 1/2 Hashed mess

Dayz clone: ½ very enjoyable great game 1/2 Hashed mess

The game is an addictive Dayz clone that can be played for hours. It also has a decent building/base management system and people RPG system which but could be deeper - at the end game, you will struggle to develop it... The larger buildings pivot on additional stats and are not exciting at all - it was quite a disappointment; except for a couple like the Solar farm and the Hydroponics which gave real benefits to take some initally useless resources and make them useful was not expected.
    However, the bases I have seen are very limited – again! So much lost potential.

Your end game options are defined by what people and skills are in your community – you will get very picky.- however I think there is a limit of 10 people (may be bug – google it – it exists but may be part of single player lack lustre campaign)

What kills this game is the game design, the UI design and the AI. This is not an exhaustive list of complaints – I have many more and they hurt the game badly.

The UI is bad in many ways, From not showing map markers when they are in the opposite direction, to setting custom markers, poor filtering options and no way to look at 2 people's inventories at the same time, it just seems half-&**ed.

Oh I could never turn music off either – though the music is not too bad.

Whats more, the game is obviously hacked together. The Engine not only sees characters crudely turning through acceleration(don't get stuck in a corner)and cars constantly get stuck on things and topple over, which the devs have designed a radio button to relocate a character -why would they do that if they did not acknowledge their basic game mechanics are a mess?

Whats more, the game does not pay attention to 'focusing' on objects. Accessing objects operates by some radial function i.e. use object x which is 5m from character. This can be a pain in combat, as well as selecting items or using functions of a car. Again it just seems really half &**ed

The nail in the coffin is the AI; You need the AI to boost carrying capacity and help if you get rushed, however the AI is so dumb, they will alert the z's if you stealth kill a horde – it will just start firing or start swinging; this can lead to desperate measures.
    They just walk up to Juggernauts, which are really dangerous and have a chance to rip characters to pieces–killing them and losing all of their equipment. One-time, one of those AI really did get ripped up in front of me – that character had key skills for my settlement- I still morn her to this day! Cos I cannot find the damn skill book to replace her! :P

Half the game works well, the other half is such a mess...
  16. Aug 5, 2020
    Well I got to the start a campaign and considering this game is meant to be set in the US I find it just a little odd that every character is a person of color, except for that one girl who is in a lesbian relationship.
    Despite accounting for only 13% of the population, people of colour make up 87.5% of the playable starter characters in this game. Talk about over-representation!
  17. Jun 25, 2020
    Un juego que te hace vivir una verdadera experiencia zombie, quiza no recibe mas porque si que es bastante igual al 1, con gráficos similares y una sensación de que podrian hacer algo más. Mejorable.
  18. Jun 6, 2020
    The game wasn't made with love . Cool idea and sounds awesome at first but the gameplay just doesnt deliver
  19. May 2, 2020
    State of Decay 2 is actually a great game and it is even more fun with a friend. BUT the Microsoft / X.box live is an absolutely atrocious dumpster fire that needs to die! I have lost count of how many re-installs I have been asked to do and also lost track of the times I have been unable to join my friends game or even simply log in to my X-box live account. There are a few bugs in theState of Decay 2 is actually a great game and it is even more fun with a friend. BUT the Microsoft / X.box live is an absolutely atrocious dumpster fire that needs to die! I have lost count of how many re-installs I have been asked to do and also lost track of the times I have been unable to join my friends game or even simply log in to my X-box live account. There are a few bugs in the game but that are NOTHING compared to the other problems I've listed. I have stopped buying games if they need to be run or bought through MS Store. Expand
  20. Apr 18, 2020
    In two words: the game is annoying!
    I've been familiar with the series for a long time, played three parts of the first game and can compare. Each subsequent game moves further away from the plot and more and more descends into a scripted problem generator. Whatever you do you can't avoid the following moments:
    1. Approximately 70% of the game time is night. 2. Zombies appear around you
    In two words: the game is annoying!
    1. Approximately 70% of the game time is night.
    2. Zombies appear around you within sight. And they are able to become very resistant, so that other undead can get to you quickly breaking records on the run.
    3. Maximum stamina pumping can only take 3-4 swings with an ultralight axe.
    4. the Members of your group are absolutely incapable of anything other than portraying terminally ill people. But as soon as you leave the base, they get a thirst for action. Being wounded, sick and tired, they arrange fights, periodically in one haryu devour food for the entire group, roll gasoline, etc. just because they are like this. Apparently, the developers consider this behavior normal during the zombie Apocalypse.
    5. the Neighbors are also wonderful people. They refuse to join you because they are "strong and independent". But after five minutes, these figures will send you a message demanding immediate help. It is you, according to the developers, who should rush headlong to save "friends" who are wringing horse price tags for resources.
    6. a Full tank of the SUV will last you for 15 minutes, of which 5 you will try to move off a tiny rock or even fly through half a map after hitting the most stunted zombie.
    7. Why fix the bug with getting stuck in the examined box (in the box, Karl!) when can I do the "free skill" "I'm stuck!"? A stroke of genius, true professionals.
    And so in everything. Poor graphics, crooked physics, almost complete lack of plot, incredible "tolerastia" in social relationships on the verge of absurdity.
  21. Apr 12, 2020
    Decent graphics, interesting systems, and the multiplayer is truly nice. All the resources are meaningful, and I love the difficulty curve so far. Absolutely underrated probably as it is linked with Microsoft. Haters gonna hate.
  22. Apr 1, 2020
    Played SoD 1, i like it, but dropped this coz stupid, ridiculous balance. Car destroyed after ten zombie kills, rly, in 1st game wasnt such nerfed, useless car, zombies spawns on air after fast searching, and a lot of little but annoying things.
  23. Mar 26, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. honestly . this game is sh*t like my as* i hate this game so much
    this game you cant sleep and go to morning fast . all the games in this world u can sleep why!!!
    its full of crashes and glitches and the aim of guns is sh*t . fu*k this game and the developers of the game . the badest survival game of all survive games . this is my opinion thnk u
  24. Mar 24, 2020
    I'm not sure why everyone is hating on this game. SoD2 is essentially the same as the first game, but slightly better. I've spent the last 30+ hours playing this game expecting to hate it based off this silly reviews.
  25. Mar 22, 2020
    The game isn't good or bad.. I played it at launch and got bored but recently just got back into it with the juggernaut edition. I had fun. However. I had to download a mod that lets me edit my name and make the character my own. You think a sandbox game would let you make a character in 2018/2020 but no. You can't even change your name and have to rely on 3 randomly generated peopleThe game isn't good or bad.. I played it at launch and got bored but recently just got back into it with the juggernaut edition. I had fun. However. I had to download a mod that lets me edit my name and make the character my own. You think a sandbox game would let you make a character in 2018/2020 but no. You can't even change your name and have to rely on 3 randomly generated people luckily there is a mod simple to use that allows you to make "you" I would not play it any other way at all. So my gripes.
    1. Why can't i sleep and skip time to day/night... I love only playing as one character but they get tired so i have to swap.
    2. Why can only one person follow me? Multiplayer allows 4 people right? Why limit me.
    3. I just noticed you can't have more then 9 people. LOOK i get it is unlikey you have over a group of 9 in a zombie apocalypse but still my friend was playing state of decay and HE HAS 17 people running around his base. Let me have options
    4. Talking about options the game tries to limit you in every shape and form. The game is just so lack luster. The weapons all feel the same. They also feel like reskins. The daybreak mode. THAT IS HORRIBLE. Which they try and force you to play it to unlock new guns and blah, Just seriously. The game compared to the first one is the same. That is the issue, The game is the exact same. Just even more bland. Want a story nope. Also you like a group of people well if you don't drive ACROSS the whole map to destroy a plaque heart screw you. Or wait infestations destroy your morale. I am tucked in the middle of nowhere, and people complain saying there is too many infestations near. THEY are all the way ACROSS the map. That is not our issue at all. Also remember when you could send scavengers to pick up supplies not no more. Unless I haven't unlocked that option. I just hate that I am the only player in my "community" that goes out and collects stuff. your group may grab pills every once in a while but materials or meds? NOPE they will destroy ammo. Use food and never replenish you gotta do that all on your own. Or you can have outposts that will always offer only one food/mat/ammo/ or power or whatever it is just so so so so basic i get it they don't have the money or dev team. It is not a triple a team but come on the people around the world all look the same. The zombies all look the same. The bloaters are just annoying there is no variety of cars. Blah Blah I could go on for hours. I did at the end of the day enjoy some time with the game, "with a mod". Without one I would of just never played it again. However. All I can say is a mod makes the game fun and the dev team couldn't even do what a mod does and that to me is absolutely horrible, state of decay 3 needs to be better, or i will be so much more furious. They would have made money from this game and the first and wasted it. I am guessing it won't be much better. but aye I am done the game is a 2/10. Enough said.
  26. Mar 19, 2020
    This had a potential to be something really good and the idea that it had was pretty nice and fun, but sadly the execution of that idea is done incredibly bad and it falls flat on its face from gameplay to story to everything.Do not buy even the Juggernaut updated version it is also bad and boring.
  27. Mar 19, 2020
    The average score rate of this game is a joke. This is really an awesome game with interesting mechanics, however, it has its flaws.

The biggest problem is that the game is extremely short. Stories are uninteresting, the map is relatively small, characters are soulless, V8 cars seem to have the horse power of a bicycle and consume as much as a Tiger tank. But apart from that, this

But apart from that, this game is pretty awesome, that's why its shortness is so painful. Lots of things are missing and you just can't understand why they didn't fill it with 10x more content. I mean, what does it take to write about 50 more missions? Why they could not make a much bigger map? It doesn't sound a big deal, especially because the main mechanics is already done and working pretty awesomely.

So despite of these, this game is still a strong 7/10. With the flaws corrected, this would be 9/10.

For comparison, Dying Light is 10/10.
  28. Gme
    Mar 18, 2020
    It's very similar to state of decay 1 but actually polished, which the first game definitely was not. negative points for forced arbitrary exclusivity.
  29. Mar 15, 2020
    Прямо скажем - игра не для всех.

Игра является песочницей. И песочницей, отнюдь, не схожей по возможностям с Майнкрафтом или хотя бы 7 Days to Die. Это, скорее, бессюжетная РПГ. Любителям запоминать истории своих персонажей и писать их самим, своими действиями в игре - зайдёт. Остальные, встретят лишь пустой мир с расплывчивым ЛОРом. Не хочу показаться критиком по отношению к другим
    Прямо скажем - игра не для всех.

Не хочу показаться критиком по отношению к другим отзывам, но, тем не менее, считаю их по большей части несправедливыми. В игре действительно практически нет багов (где они их чёрт возьми находят?). Отзывы об отсутствии поддержки ВИН 10 и сложностях в регистрации в XBOX - считаю не менее абсурдными. Системные требования всегда описываются перед покупкой в любом магазине.

Искренне надеюсь, что дождусь продолжения с улучшенным мультиплеером, и никакие рейтинги не завалят столь многообещающую франшизу в начале пути.
  30. Mar 13, 2020
    This is one of those games where they made two lists: One where they wrote down all the stuff from the first game that was great or at least good enough to be carried over and improved, and a second one where they wrote down what should be taken out, didn't work and had to be changed.

And then someone mixed up those lists. Even the bugs from the first one are back, and story,

And then someone mixed up those lists.

Even the bugs from the first one are back, and story, missions, management and the whole world feel once again a lot like "Groundhog Day" - but a version where everyone is dead, everything lies in ruins, and there is no way out of the daily busywork that the game loves to sabotage with random "events" the minute you have enough ressources.

Unfortunately they also forgot that a sequel normally comes with new ideas. Or there was yet another list, and it got lost. We'll never know.

The only thing they wrote on the wrong list seem to be vehicles, meaning that they were improved and still made it into this game. They really stand out that way - even the voiceovers are worse.

I think "the walking dead" put a curse on zombies in games. Just look at all the failed surivial games and terrible shooters, and even with a great idea like this one it's one flop after the next.

Maybe now that Kirkman's epic is over that weird curse will be lifted (it even killed already established franchises like Dead Rising, saw horrors like RE 6, and even success stories like Telltale ended badly).
  31. Mar 13, 2020
    Absolutely terrible and possibly, even racist and insulting.

From the first I found I could be a bunch of characters with nothing I could relate to. Basically, anything but what I am. A straight caucasian. There the creepy subtext of weird SJW nonsense began. A theme which continues. Right from the character creation screen. The it got worse. It didnt support my resolution at
    Absolutely terrible and possibly, even racist and insulting.

The it got worse. It didnt support my resolution at all. What is this 2000?. So the pathetically bad quality of a typically horrible console port began. But worse, with a 'get woke, go broke, subtext''. Thank god I could refund it. Not only was it terrible quality, it was also offensive.

But wait, then I realised that the graphics and gameplay were truly terrible. How was this SoD2. It looks like. 1,1... It was like they were trying to promote a woke ass broke ass agenda rather than make a game. I actually liked the first more despite its limitations. All they had to do was support my PC resolution, update the graphics a bit and if possible, develop the concept.... Oh no, They made a propogandist poor quality game for consoles and basically created a very very lazy PC port, It is a reall really ugly game in every concievable way. From the character creation, it was jarring unrelatable and franky, a bit weird, and not in a good way. They cant promote their agenda hard enough from the first moment.

Just to further add instult to injury, even when buying through steam, you have to have a LIVE account?. I did not realise this when I preordered to be honest. I should have checked. But as the first didnt suck this hard, I didnt think to check. Another major step backward.s. Though you can create a LIVE burner account through a VPN it probably doesnt help you. In my case, I had to enable services I normally block as well as ports on my network which would normally be blocked.
  32. GXD
    Mar 12, 2020
    Honestly, I am still having fun on this game even though I have been playing for over a year. Yes, it does get repetitive and yes it is kind of boring. But there are three game modes available and I haven't even finished 1 of them. They do cost money though which is a let down to some people. I honestly think if you give it a try you will have fun.
  33. Mar 12, 2020
    Have bugs? Yes surely do. Multiplayer sometimes makes you get disconnected with Code 3? Yes it does. But besides all the issues and bugs its the most enjoyable Zombie experience currently. There's no game in the market with the same feeling of State of Decay 2. Playing solo or with friends it is awesome! I love it and I spent countless hours playing it.
  34. Mar 8, 2020
    With the updates from release fixing issues and the upcoming release of the Juggernaut Edition on March 13th 2020 + Steam release, this game is a 10. Very therapeutic and easy to pick up after a break. One of the only games of its kind. There will always be people complaining about this they would like in the game. If you want a good zombie smashing time with a high difficulty level playWith the updates from release fixing issues and the upcoming release of the Juggernaut Edition on March 13th 2020 + Steam release, this game is a 10. Very therapeutic and easy to pick up after a break. One of the only games of its kind. There will always be people complaining about this they would like in the game. If you want a good zombie smashing time with a high difficulty level play the game on nightmare and enjoy the pain haha. Excites for a new SOD game int he future. Expand
  35. Feb 26, 2020
    I really like the gameplay and so, but the game have many issues. First of all, coop is terrible, only one player can acutally do stuff while playing. Ridicoules and easy to fix for the developers i guess, but they wont. So only 1 star. Second of all it is way to buggy.
  36. Feb 21, 2020
    Broken, ugly and boring mess of a game. There is nothing positive to say about this sh*t ass game. I was lucky i was able to play it for free.
  37. Feb 20, 2020
    Es un juego bastante decente, se ha sostenido bastante las mecánicas y la jugabilidad que tuvo su predecesor, mejorando algunas cosas como el sigilo, nuevos movimientos de combate, ejecucción, armas, mejoras de coches y gestión de la base. Hay nuevas estructuras que construir, misiones que hacer y mapas que explorar y el nuevo multijugador que ha introducido en esta secuela para poderEs un juego bastante decente, se ha sostenido bastante las mecánicas y la jugabilidad que tuvo su predecesor, mejorando algunas cosas como el sigilo, nuevos movimientos de combate, ejecucción, armas, mejoras de coches y gestión de la base. Hay nuevas estructuras que construir, misiones que hacer y mapas que explorar y el nuevo multijugador que ha introducido en esta secuela para poder jugar con amigos o con desconocidos.

En pocas palabras, es una secuela que ha respetado la esencia que tuvo el 1, por lo cual, no te vas a decepcionar si te gusta el SOD1.
  38. Feb 3, 2020
    Full of bugs and multiplayer does not work with all the connection issues. Also some bad and lazy design decisions when it comes to multiplayer.
  39. Jan 26, 2020
    What a missed opportunity. There are a good deal of interesting ideas in the game, but they're all overshadowed by poor execution. Poor design choices make this game is so frustrating to play. The game grabs your attention right away as you find and begin to build a settlement and level-up your characters.
    However, the game soon devolves into a series of never-ending chores punctuated
    However, the game soon devolves into a series of never-ending chores punctuated by mission that roll in faster than can be addressed. And this is when the frustration really sets in. One of the key aspects of the game is managing inventory and survivors. However, when on a mission, you can't switch between survivors without canceling the mission. Want to switch characters because your currently controlled character injured? Too bad. The game won't allow it without cancelling the mission. Oh, and some missions are on a timer, which is kept a mystery to the player. More than once I've been halfway across the map heading towards a mission only to have it time-out, even though no timer was indicated.
    There are other annoying features as well. The game advises the player to take a companion with you, but most of the time they're so brainless, they only serve as a pack mule to help you carry stuff, but you can't switch to their inventory when on a mission. The game also advises you to use explosives to destroy plague hearts, but as you encounter one, your companion runs up to melee the thing only to be knocked back and injured by your explosives.
    And then there are zombies. The game world populates very fast with zombies. And more than a few times I've cleared out an area only to have a massive hoard of zombies magically appear seconds later and attack me.
    But your enemies aren't all zombies. In this game you are constantly battling against bugs. Your driving full speed and suddenly your vehicle hits an invisible object. Sometimes that invisible object causes your ride to catch fire. Sometimes a bug prevents you from exiting the flaming wreck and you die.
    When your character dies, they're gone from the game. That's it. There's not player-controlled save-game feature, so when the character you've spent hours leveling up suddenly dies due to flaws in the game, it's very frustrating.
    The game's title: State of Decay is an appropriate one as it seems to aptly describe this series.
  40. Nov 15, 2019
    What an absolute piece of garbage game. Played it on xbox games pass. Decent enough until you actually get into any serious combat. Then it just completely falls apart. No way to control who you are attacking when there are tons of zombies around. Companions are dumb as a bag of rocks. I had one die because he wouldn't get in a car. Another stand ON TOP OF the car when we got stopped and IWhat an absolute piece of garbage game. Played it on xbox games pass. Decent enough until you actually get into any serious combat. Then it just completely falls apart. No way to control who you are attacking when there are tons of zombies around. Companions are dumb as a bag of rocks. I had one die because he wouldn't get in a car. Another stand ON TOP OF the car when we got stopped and I had to fight off all the zombies. I couldn't even run away as the same button you use to get in the car just wanted to talk to the guy just quietly standing there with his rifle out doing nothing.

Same **** on HIS MISSION (washington) to clear out a warehouse just casually gets out of the car and stands perfectly still as I am fighting a juggernaut with the my other companion getting out asses kicked. Neither bothers to shoot the **** after I dump my whole clip into him.

What a **** atrocity of a game. I don't even care about all the multiplayer stupidity - it sucks ass single player too.

HARD PASS.

(PS. I liked and won the first game...)
  41. Oct 27, 2019
    Продолжение первой части, в которой увеличили количество гринда, подкрутили графику и немного причесали игровые механики. Это не вторая часть, а ремастер первой по сути. В целом - любителям дрочилен вполне себе можно поиграть, но есть игры такого жанра гораздо интереснее и именно в эту играть в общем-то ни к чемуПродолжение первой части, в которой увеличили количество гринда, подкрутили графику и немного причесали игровые механики. Это не вторая часть, а ремастер первой по сути. В целом - любителям дрочилен вполне себе можно поиграть, но есть игры такого жанра гораздо интереснее и именно в эту играть в общем-то ни к чему
  42. Sep 2, 2019
    I tried to like SOD2, but it still suffers from the exact same problems as the original but just 10 times worse, and although alot of bugs have been fixed, they are still ever omni-present.

Mundane survival sim at its worst, each day is more or less the same as you run out looking for loot, better weapons and try not to die - usually the game starts out tame but once you start running into freaks, then the game quickly can spiral downwards especially when bugs and issues arise, or simply the game decides to spawn juggernauts practically right next to your base and alot of hard work developing your survivors can be lost in an instant through no fault of the player.

In a nutshell, this game like the original requires patience and is for a very niche audience of players, the rest will not enjoy this game.
  43. May 17, 2019
    I decided to rate this game at 4. I felt that the first version of the game State of Decay was excellent and fun. I did several playthroughs and enjoyed every one.

When the DLCs were released something changed. Vehicles drove like tanks, by that I mean not very maneuverable, easily got stuck, were easily destroyed and graphic quality lower. Also, very cluttered roads. Its seems they changed the game engine to something of lower quality.

The pre-release cinematics for State of Decay 2 were very misleading as to the quality of the game.

State of Decay 2 uses the same engine as the DLCs of version 1. The mission in version 2 are through radio call ins by survivors that need help or enclaves that want to trade. They usually call in clusters. When only one character can be controlled at a time its not possible to do more than one mission at a time, the other mission disappear before the mission can be completed so whats the point.

Not sure why this game took 5 years to produce. Its just a reboot of the previous DLCs with new maps and some additions.

I have put in some hours with this game and played about half of the first map. This one being a Microsoft exclusive title, I probably won't be buying anymore from them.

Update:
    I have decided to uninstall this software without getting 1/3 of the way through it.

Pros:
    Base building mechanics seem sound

Combat is good

Cons:
    No automation such as unloading a truck by parking it.

Although an area has been cleared, zombies are randomly spawned out of nowhere - what a pain

Vehicles seem to large for the map and handle very poorly

Too much clutter

Vehicle physics are horrible

Maps aren't balanced in terms of resource amounts - abundant in some, scarce in others - makes for a frustrating experience when your members start leaving because there isn't enough food.

Too many radio calls for one player to handle - Haven't tried MP but with all the random AHs coming into games, it is a bad idea.

The zombie apocalypse genre has run its course and this one compared to SOD1 is just too boring.

Update:
    After about a year the game is better but is seriously lacking. Was this programmed in someones garage?

1. Graphics are very inferior to today's standards.
    2. Vehicle physics are the worst I have seen in any game.
    3. No safe zones.
    4. Everytime I stop a vehicle to check the map or try to recover from bad vehicle performance, zombies spawn all around it grabbing the doors and ripping them off. The fear factor is not well executed with random spawning being a major annoyance.
    5. Some trees stop the vehicle some don't. Some small trees bring vehicle to a dead stop instead of going over them.
    6. Only one or two bases that support large groups, 10. I have only found one. Why the limit of 10?

I am getting to the point were I can't stand going into the game after taking a break. The fun factor is 0. I recommend not purchasing unless it goes to the bargain bin for $5.

As for the MS version that is claimed to be released in the future, it won't get my support. The first game before they changed the engine was fun and had replay value. The current one is total garbage.
  44. Apr 26, 2019
    This was my first experience with State of Decay an the Hype was real so I thougt what could go wrong to play it with a friend of mine.
    So, what to say? Played it for six hours and it was totally underwhelming. The Multiplayer was just in die game so they can say they have one. It was more a singleplayer with a companion, who could carry Loot an Items. Yeah, to slay zombies was fun at first, but there ist nothing special about this game.
    I'm totally disappointed.
    The Tutorial was at least exciting, Thats all...
  45. Apr 10, 2019
    I give it a score that low is not because the game is hard or the game graphic sucks. I compare this with the state of decay and there are not much changes than the first one. I like the vehicle upgrade and ability to refuel and repair, it makes the game more realistic than the last one. However, there are more cons than pros really. 1. the game had little to no story, mission does notI give it a score that low is not because the game is hard or the game graphic sucks. I compare this with the state of decay and there are not much changes than the first one. I like the vehicle upgrade and ability to refuel and repair, it makes the game more realistic than the last one. However, there are more cons than pros really. 1. the game had little to no story, mission does not really impact the outcome of the endgame. 2. What happen to the state of decay main character, the only thing I found out are lily and sasquatch had joined in a different community and I did not find out in a mission. I find out in a GOD DAM RADIO, I would have miss that if I am not paying attention on the radio. 3. Bug and glitches are way worse that state of decay, cars are flying, my AI companion dropping from the sky, stuck on the wall, the rock, the table, and more. This bugs I am mentioning now are still existed since the 7.0 patch not 1.0 or 2.0 is 7.0!! WTF. 5. Multiplayer is bad and useless, try to find someone to play with and I can find no one. the only place you MIGHT got someone to play with you is the call of duty zombie aka the daybreak mode. 6. The daybreak mode sucks! Except you can hire red talon and great guns with your prestige point there are nothing fun about it. there are no story, no character development, no exploration purposes, no nothing that is related to state of decay title. It is just a mode to hang out with your friends or other player. This game is no where better than the state of decay and that is why this game don't deserve to get a high rating. Expand
  46. Mar 26, 2019
    The constant bugs in this game leave it in a perpetual (wait for it) state of decay...

I'm currently trying launch this game on PC but it won't launch. It says it needed to update but it was stuck on downloading. After some Googling, the internet told me to check for Windows Updates. Now after updating and restarting, I still can't launch the game, because every time I do it says "Give us a minute. We're updating State of Decay 2. It should be ready to use again shortly."

This is an inexcusable game breaking bug.

But when the game IS working, oh boy is it fun to play. Co-op zombie apocalypse base building and crafting survival horror RPG with Unreal Engine 4 graphics. This game has been my new addiction for the past week and I've probably put in about 20 hours and I'm *still* learning about the mechanics of the game. There are dozens of hours of gameplay left for me considering I still have two huge maps to explore, I won't get bored of this game anytime soon. People who complain that there's nothing to do at end game must be crazy, if a game provides you 50-100 hours of fun but you get bored afterwards because there's nothing to do once you've mastered the game, that's not the game's fault, that's your unrealistic expectations. It's a $30 game, and it's free if you have Xbox Game Pass, so it gets a pass for me.

Now if only the game didn't have so many undead bugs...
  47. Mar 1, 2019
    This game is Wonderfull but there are too many bug....you can't save your game so if you die and you lose your favourite character you can't do nothing . The game is like the hold version whit out any news.... and if you want a patch for your bug you have to buy the dlc.... so MICROSOFT ARE INVASIVE SOFT .... even if you buy a game for your chill.... lol. even if you pay.... Microsoft giveThis game is Wonderfull but there are too many bug....you can't save your game so if you die and you lose your favourite character you can't do nothing . The game is like the hold version whit out any news.... and if you want a patch for your bug you have to buy the dlc.... so MICROSOFT ARE INVASIVE SOFT .... even if you buy a game for your chill.... lol. even if you pay.... Microsoft give you a bugged game . Expand
  48. Feb 23, 2019
    A decir verdad no esperaba mucho de este juego, incluso pensaba que iba a ser una gran decepción, cuál fue mi sorpresa cuando no fue así. Es cierto, que no tiene gráficos hiperrealistas, y que sus dinámicas son muy similares a "This War of Mine" sin ser tan crudo y con una historia no tan profunda y que podría ser considerado un juego más de zombies.

Es cierto, no es un goty ni el mejor

Es cierto, no es un goty ni el mejor de zombies, pero es entretenido, más allá de que la inteligencia artificial de los enemigos no sea muy buena, el juego cumple y es pasar un buen rato. Lo recomiendo solo si esta a muy buen precio o es gratis
  49. Jan 21, 2019
    A dumbed-down hollow shell of the first State of Decay (2013)

The first State of Decay was innovative, it brought a fresh new perspective on how survival games should be. This version does nothing, no innovation, no new content, no storyline ... this game really has nothing. And the multiplayer is a buggy broken mess. SoD once a beloved game now a ruined franchise. Gameplay: 6
    A dumbed-down hollow shell of the first State of Decay (2013)

Gameplay: 6
    Story: None
    Graphics: 6
  50. Jan 11, 2019
    How do you fail a game where all you have to do is to add multiplayer to the previous in the title to make it legend?
    And Windows store only? Seriously? How stupid can you be.
    As a person who loved the first it is utterly heartbreaking.
    So much fail its almost artistic.
  51. Jan 6, 2019
    This is my first review ever and I want to say that this game is really buggy, cars flying in the air, missing textures, buggy main menu, cant hit with melee weapon, micro stutters and I've encountered these bugs in a two hour game wonder what else is there...
  52. Dec 22, 2018
    State of Decay 2 is a thrilling and engaging open world zombie-survival game from a franchise with a style that appears to still have no competition, even after the successful run of the previous title. While it is fun, the sequel does not attempt to fascinate with fresh quality content; instead, offers a repetitive, hollow experience.
  53. Nov 16, 2018
    State of Decay 2, it was one of those games that had high expectations.
    I remember when I played the first one, I was having so much fun with it.
    It's the first ever game, where I thought to myself: "You know what this needs? CO-OP!" When they said State of Decay 2 would have Co-op, I was over the moon! However, it does not deliver in the way many and I have hoped. The basis of
    State of Decay 2, it was one of those games that had high expectations.
    I remember when I played the first one, I was having so much fun with it.

When they said State of Decay 2 would have Co-op, I was over the moon!
    However, it does not deliver in the way many and I have hoped.

The basis of State of Decay 2 hasn't change much compared to the first one, the new plague zombies are a nice touch, however it would've also been fine without them.

This game like the previous one LACKS when it comes to character customization.
    I was really hoping me and my friends could create our own characters and name them.
    Heck even being able to name your own community would've been amazing, but no.
    No character customization, no custom community name, everything is randomly generated.

Co-op lacks extremely, and is very buggy.
    The co-op drop-in and drop-out system in itself is fine, however the tethering system is horrible.

Want to go with one friend and check out the North side of the map, whilst your other friends check out the South?
    Nope. Not possible.

We need character customization, We need to be able to name our own community, we need to get of the tethering.

All in all, State of Decay 2 builds on the previous game, but unfortunately not enough.
    It's a good game, but this could've been a GREAT game.
  54. Nov 9, 2018
    It's been out for over 6 months now, and now I can't launch it.
    It's the only game/software on my computer that just refuses to launch no matter what I do with it, so I'm forced to give this game a zero.
    Support doesn't even answer so I won't be getting my money back either. That's microsoft for you.
    Needs a steam version badly.
  55. Oct 16, 2018
    This game is fun and interesting, it's fun as heck with friends but honestly it's pretty unfair. I have never won, and normally I love challenge in games but challenge and unfair are different. When ever you get enough supplies, food, or whatever your people randomly just waste it or just start fighting for no reason. You use decent strategy, but not enough to where you might just lose forThis game is fun and interesting, it's fun as heck with friends but honestly it's pretty unfair. I have never won, and normally I love challenge in games but challenge and unfair are different. When ever you get enough supplies, food, or whatever your people randomly just waste it or just start fighting for no reason. You use decent strategy, but not enough to where you might just lose for no real reason. Most of the time when I lose I did nothing wrong, my people just kind of got mad and fought each other or lost some food or ammo. This game is fun and nice, I recommend it if you want a decent zombie survival. Expand
  56. Sep 16, 2018
    I would have given it a higher score if they did something to make me have some attachment to my characters, but I had none. No story, so i keep losing motivation. The enemies are all the same for the most part, which would be fine, but with no story, no 'big changes', more bugs, I have to say this game is a pass.

If they put out a DLC with some story in it, I will drop my rating

If they put out a DLC with some story in it, I will drop my rating because I shouldn't have to pay more to get a story. As it stands, they get 2 points for the small amount of fun I had, and another 2 points for price point, because I would be more frustrated if I paid AAA pricing for this game. Guess Microsoft wants to lower the standard on their games.
  57. Aug 17, 2018
    A bad game, repetitive until nausea and clunky. A good graphic but a poor gameplay, no storytelling, bad game mechanics (you can't kill all zombies in a specific area, they will continue to spawn forever)
  58. Aug 8, 2018
    Oh mummy, I wanted this game so much. I didn't really care if it was super duper game of the year 2018. I just wanted to have at least as much fun as with the previous one. Boy was I wrong. Is it bad when a game feels boring within the first hour of playing? Clunky, and I mean really clunky, controls. God I hate when you press a button and the character makes one step too many. You have toOh mummy, I wanted this game so much. I didn't really care if it was super duper game of the year 2018. I just wanted to have at least as much fun as with the previous one. Boy was I wrong. Is it bad when a game feels boring within the first hour of playing? Clunky, and I mean really clunky, controls. God I hate when you press a button and the character makes one step too many. You have to literally circle containers to get "[E] Search" to appear. This is BAD. BAD BAD BAD! This is like 80% of the game play people. Can't you make nice responsive controls for a game that is based on interaction with the world? The game is way too dark and it makes you turn gamma up making it too washed out. Would be a good idea to make the flashlight to be a little brighter with longer beam that a medieval candle? Just a thought. Don't get me wrong, there are some fine changes like driving, having to care about fuel, not exploding a car after hitting 3 zombies. But I already fear the blood plague is going to be such a bore and such a chore. How could you f up a game like this? One survivor with infection consumes 5 medicines a day and the max capacity in the base is 15 when you start. That is such fun, isn't it! I will play more of this game and I will try to enjoy it but it isn't worth the money. Play a 'demo' first if you can. Expand
  59. Aug 3, 2018
    Bought it on release and my thoughts were that it is buggy. Very buggy. Feels like playing a beta. Clunky UI. My 7/7/18 Update: an update was pushed (required for multiplayer, which is all I would play). Game wont' even start now. Been trying work arounds and such all night and still nothing. 8/1 Update: 3 patches later and game still wont start on either of my computers. I'm neverBought it on release and my thoughts were that it is buggy. Very buggy. Feels like playing a beta. Clunky UI. My 7/7/18 Update: an update was pushed (required for multiplayer, which is all I would play). Game wont' even start now. Been trying work arounds and such all night and still nothing. 8/1 Update: 3 patches later and game still wont start on either of my computers. I'm never buying another Windows Store game again. I can only give a game that won't even start on multiple computers after several MONTHS and 3 patches the lowest score possible. Expand
  60. Jul 14, 2018
    I don't understand all the low scores, this game is compelling. The gameplay is so addictive that I've literally played it for hours on end. Base building / resource gathering has never been a favorite genre of mine, but this game has hit all the right notes.
  61. Jul 14, 2018
    A game to be loved or hated, even when I think the answer should be somewhere in the middle. Consider my 8 a 7,5.

I have to say I've loved the game despite its faults. Let us talk a bit about some of those: - graphically it's not great. Not much polish. The game seems like an old photo everywhere. - bugs are quite overrated, and most of them are fixed. I've not got many of those and

- bugs are quite overrated, and most of them are fixed. I've not got many of those and none even close to being game breaking.
    - some say that the gameplay is a bit repetitive, and I will not force a different opinion.

This game got into me, despite mixing 3 genres that I do not like anymore: survival, zombies, RPG. The mix is something remarkable. The fun factor was huge for me.
    Watch some footage of the game, if you find that the game seems like fun, probably you will enjoy it.
  62. Jul 14, 2018
    If you like first game bye the second one.It's far from perfect but ton of fun.
    It has improve graphics,still same bugs and glitches problems thou,much better music and voice (car sound is still awful),control are good especially shooting.
    if you like zombie games this is game for you.
  63. Jul 11, 2018
    State of Decay 2 tries to be more promising than we thought, but its bugs can kill the experience, really.
  64. Jul 4, 2018
    So much potential, so much waste. State of decay 2 has all the right ingredients for a fun experience but sadly does not deliver by the game standards. The first 2 or 3 houses raided made me feel like a survivor and kind of into it. This dwindled down fast as the game showed me more and more of the same. Honestly other then a visual upgrade (which is below par for today tbh) from partSo much potential, so much waste. State of decay 2 has all the right ingredients for a fun experience but sadly does not deliver by the game standards. The first 2 or 3 houses raided made me feel like a survivor and kind of into it. This dwindled down fast as the game showed me more and more of the same. Honestly other then a visual upgrade (which is below par for today tbh) from part one... state of decay 2 offers very little change in its mechanics and overall game play. The AI settlers do nothing and it still feels like you are on your own. The base building is laughable and totally not interactive, The needs of the survivors is more of a chore then a victory when met. There is no real LOOT system and all and every single thing gathered is expendable and needs to be recharged or remade.... very, VERY repetitive. Meaning that 90% of the game is getting resources that deplete automatically... over and over and over... without you feeling like you have any real impact on the world. Where is the base building we saw in 2015 games? where is the loot system with legendaries and cool and Different weapons? Where is my choice of character creation or individual changes that make me stand out from other players.. sigh, all in all a huge disappointment. Expand
  65. Jun 30, 2018
    Alright, so when I got this game it didn't start well. The microsoft store wouldn't even let me buy anything before updating my security, which then dictated that I wouldn't be able to buy anything for 31 days because I updated my security recently. "...Alright then" I says to me-self. I have my buddy gift the game to me and pay him back, get the key, get the xbox app, we're ready toAlright, so when I got this game it didn't start well. The microsoft store wouldn't even let me buy anything before updating my security, which then dictated that I wouldn't be able to buy anything for 31 days because I updated my security recently. "...Alright then" I says to me-self. I have my buddy gift the game to me and pay him back, get the key, get the xbox app, we're ready to roll.

Get into the game, do the tutorial and my god, the combat is **** boring. Played for an hour, and combat is "Mash melee, run to avoid getting surrounded, repeat". The gun handling is also pretty terrible by anybody's standards. Maybe the later-game guns have a bit more kick but the pistols and shotguns are incredibly underwhelming. The home building was kinda okay, but it's extremely shallow. Which is the word I'd use for this entire game: "Shallow". There's no substance here, no meat, just a lot of potatos. The only aspect I could genuinely draw fun from was the exploration, every other facet of this game is a brick.

But wait! Then I remembered reading that solo is pretty bland, and the real action is in the coop. So with my training wheels off I delve into the multiplayer! ...Not. I spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get a combination of Teredo, xbox app, state of decay 2, and the world leaders to all co-exist in peaceful harmony and actually let me join or host a **** game. I never succeeded, despite all signs pointing to "Yes, you are connected and all your ports are open, but you still can't play co-op".

So we've got: Bland gameplay on a mechanically retarded chassis. I can't detest this game enough, even with the 30$ price tag. Which is fairly low in our 60-80$ video game world. Save yourselves some money, wait for it to appear on steam at 75% off and maybe, /maybe/ it'd be worth buying.

UPDATE!: Managed to get the coop working(Temporarily, as soon as I rebooted my rig everything went to **** again), so now I can expand on the multiplayer: It's probably the worst coop I've ever seen in my entire 16+ years of gaming. I'll never understand game developers that try to incorporate multiplayer into the game's systems instead of using a tried and true lobby. It's clunky, sometimes buggy, and even when it works it's still a pretty terrible experience.

Only one player can handle the only quasi-interesting mechanic of the game(Base building), the loot is player assigned which makes exploration/gathering tedious("Hey man, c'mere, I can't loot this"), and the exhaustion system is a pain in the ass as well. Developers: "Hey, y'know what'd be an awesome improvement to the game? If people had to return to base to swap survivors every hour of play, and we won't even explain how it's done for someone joining a coop game! Up high boys for great ideas!"
  66. Jun 30, 2018
    I've played the original for Hours it was hands down the best zombie game of its time for me and I have spent quite a few hours playing this one now as well. Its pretty repetitive constant same thing, its annoying for me really most of all because I enjoy a good story line which this is lacking for it has none other than the tutorial.. If I was a Xbox user I wouldn't buy it honestly.I've played the original for Hours it was hands down the best zombie game of its time for me and I have spent quite a few hours playing this one now as well. Its pretty repetitive constant same thing, its annoying for me really most of all because I enjoy a good story line which this is lacking for it has none other than the tutorial.. If I was a Xbox user I wouldn't buy it honestly.
    For me the critical point on what's making this game fun for me is the mod tool. Allowing me to rename my characters to myself & friends which makes it way more interesting!.. I really hate the fact that I can only take 3 of my best people with me, I fail to see the point of raising or leveling up anyone else. There's no customization which I think every game should have. Even as someone who loves the series I am disappointed on little content that was given.
  67. Jun 27, 2018
    #GOOD: XP when you kill zombie, upgrade attack/defense etc, 4 players online, mini-mission, good concept, but
    #BAD: can't save in the game manually, auto-save are rares, luminosity is ultra low, you will need your lamp everywhere. The only thing you will do is pick loot and go to the base all time, in same time you kill zombie.
    #NOTE - 4/10: I recommand you to rent the game before

#NOTE - 4/10: I recommand you to rent the game before buying, Because the ratio/price could be better.
  68. Jun 25, 2018
    I loved SoD 1. I think mostly because it was the closest thing to my dream zombie game. Community, base building and slaughtering zombies.

It's been 5 years. This game has not improved much, in fact I think I'm being even harder because they made so little effort to improve things. There's less story. More bugs. More annoying game design choices. Grr. Zombies / ferals are the same.

Zombies / ferals are the same. Plague zombies are new and were interesting for a while... Like. The first 2 plague hearts. Then it's ehhhh. Combat is literally the same. Weapons seem to break far easier now. They don't even last a single mission sometimes. That's annoying. Inventory is still a nightmare of weirdness. I don't understand why it isn't solely based on weight. Why do you want me to believe that this rifle ammo press building mod takes up the same amount of room in my backpack as something as tiny as a single bullet? Mods of buildings is a cool little addition though. Base building has not changed much. Each base is super limited by what you can choose. You can never have every building option, even on the biggest bases you won't get close to having all the facilities. Which is kinda sad because I want to build everything and have a massive community that works towards self sufficiency. Sadly no!

Neighboring communities have been touched up a little but my word they are needy buggers. You are actually swamped with requests for help. Each request only lasts a wee little while before it disappears. And if you don't help an enclave they pack up and bugger off... So I helped an enclave set up their auto repairs garage over a few missions, which at the time I thought was pretty cool, then I'm on the other side of the map doing another quest when they request a bag of ammo. I was kinda busy at the time so didn't think much of it. Apparently, me not bringing them some ammo made them up and leave, making all the previous quests an utter waste of time.. That was annoying. Like. Can't any of you buggers help yourselves? Enclaves are random people standing in buildings. I would love if they made some attempt at making their home a base. Can't even board windows up anymore... Which makes some enclave homes really silly places to live.

Positives
    Graphics appear slightly better. Modding base buildings is marginally better. Plenty of skills and personalities to give your base some variety... even if in the end it matters not. It's enjoyable out scavenging and slaying zombies and if it wasn't for the rubbish inventory management I'd enjoy it a lot more. Leaders / hero's is an interesting concept if maybe not implemented so well.

Negatives
    My hopes and dreams being shattered by this buggy, car flipping, limited mess. And lol. Did I mention multiplayer? derpa derpa. Or the AI of your companions! Wow. So bad. And why can't I improve my base structures more? Like, improving fences. Or Making it bigger? Or... or.. being able to assign my other community members tasks while I'm doing stuff... they can do stuff! ehh. Ok. I'll stop now. But dreams of rescuing people like in Dead Rising 2. Assigning tasks like Dead State and base building like.... like... I don't know really. Survivalist is the only game I can think of for something that would be near what I'm hoping for.

Final negative
    Fuel. I like that it's implemented. I like scavenging. I don't like that a full tank of fuel can drive 3 km's before needing a refill. It's annoying. It adds to the inventory management annoyance.

Anyhoo. I'll come back n play some more when the game is able to be modded further. Coulda been amazing. Entertained me for a while but mostly just annoyed me.
  69. Jun 23, 2018
    Queria muito poder dizer que ficou legal o jogo, mas estaria mentindo. Além de ser extremamente bugado, é basicamente uma cópia quase idêntica do jogo anterior (que a propósito curti muito).
    O jogo se resume a adquirir novas bases e satisfazer os desejos bobos das pessoas de sua colônia com suas missões pessoais repetitivas e sem graça
  70. Jun 23, 2018
    I really hate the games which run through Windows Store.
    SOD2 has poor weapon system. Game's story is not interesting.
    The game doesn't has Full Screen mode, and no Wide Resolution support. AA can't turn off.

I tried SOD1. It's terrible. This SOD2 is just a little bit better, but it's not worth to play.
  71. Jun 20, 2018
    HAHAHA WHAT IS THIS 2001?

Please Microsoft. Just please, It's so poorly executed in so many ways. As someone else said: A buggy broken mess. Four of us bought the game, before we even could play with each other two of us had left in a rage. So much hassle just to play with friends through this crappy Xbox Live application. By the way. One of us had big problems and couldn't join.
    HAHAHA WHAT IS THIS 2001?

By the way. One of us had big problems and couldn't join.
    After one hour of trying everything we finally found out why,
    it looks like you have to ENABLE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL!
  72. Jun 18, 2018
    As somebody who loved the first game, bugs and all, I have to say this was a severe disappointment. Gone is vehicles being unloaded when you park them. Did it make sense in the first game? No. Was it helpful? Very. Also on the vehicles, they handle *even worse* somehow. The vehicles were all over the place in the first game, but in this one, all of them thus far have been terrible. TheAs somebody who loved the first game, bugs and all, I have to say this was a severe disappointment. Gone is vehicles being unloaded when you park them. Did it make sense in the first game? No. Was it helpful? Very. Also on the vehicles, they handle *even worse* somehow. The vehicles were all over the place in the first game, but in this one, all of them thus far have been terrible. The frame drops while driving are also unacceptable since the improvements to the graphics don't justify it. The zoom function while shooting is terrible, slowing your movement when you are aiming down sights. I assume this is some method of balancing the gun play, but it just makes it frustrating. The blood plague mechanic is highly irritating, since if you liked the melee combat of the first game, well tough luck, since melee means you have a high chance of losing your character, or having to constantly being cured of the plague. They have also removed some of my favorite skills from the first, and gated basic ones behind skill sets that don't make much sense. All in all, writing this review makes me sad. Playing the game made me sadder. Having to upgrade to Windows 10 to find out how bad the game was (and Windows 10) has made me angry. I don't know what the multiplayer is like, and I will never find out, as I'm never suggesting this game to anybody. UL, I expected better than this. Expand
  73. Jun 18, 2018
    So, I am a reviewer, and I added a review of the game on my channel. Here is a quick summary of what I've said.

-Nighttime is a nightmare. Unplayable. -Driving is a nightmare. I am not sure why the game made it as frustrating as it was. -UI is confusing and unclear at times. -Wished we could switch characters without failing a mission. -[Complaint about app] Microsoft stopped

-Nighttime is a nightmare. Unplayable.
    -UI is confusing and unclear at times.
    -Wished we could switch characters without failing a mission.
    -[Complaint about app] Microsoft stopped working and corrupted my file. Had to take my computer to the shop to fix it. However, Xbox customer service was nice about it.

If you want to see my full review it's here: https://youtu.be/c6jQW3Ig0qM
  74. Jun 14, 2018
    Loved the 1st game in the series, but alas this is not a game, it is the beta version of a bad, heavily bug riddled DLC for the original (fantastic!) game. Total train wreck: Followers fall through the floor or simply disappear, missions fail without reason, cars get stuck. Sad, since the first SOD to me is one of the best games ever made, combining great atmosphere & story with aLoved the 1st game in the series, but alas this is not a game, it is the beta version of a bad, heavily bug riddled DLC for the original (fantastic!) game. Total train wreck: Followers fall through the floor or simply disappear, missions fail without reason, cars get stuck. Sad, since the first SOD to me is one of the best games ever made, combining great atmosphere & story with a simulated environment in a way no other game has done before or since. Here you immediately get a base, are being constantly bombarded with "we need that", "help us over here", "destroy this" so that it feels more like "Sim Small Town Apocalypse" than the balanced 1st game. Alas after two days of playing I could not see any story elements emerge. Zombies sometimes literally respawn when you turn your back, graphics look like 5 years ago, etc. Let's hope for a _much_ improved part 3, which actually picks up where the first game left off: You, leaving the valley, on the way to the big city...

A btw MS: Contrary to common believe, running back and forth from the trunk of your car to the rucksack dropoff spot on the 2nd floor of your base multiple times after every supply raid is actually _not_ fun. Also, maybe in 2018 we could actually have NPCs who are smart enough to close the doors in the wall that separates them from the zombie apocalypse, instead of reopening them when you just closed them. Also, having only one key for open/close, talk, search and drive car is maybe not the smartest idea, if there are always people standing around you. And whoever bound the game language setting to the date/number format (sic!) of the OS should immediately be fired.
  75. Jun 12, 2018
    A good solo experience that could have been an incredible co-op one, a truly missed opportunity. While the game does sport co-op, it's extremely bare-bones. The person hosting the game will get full progression, but their friend will not receive any quest progress, instead they'll get some currency and items which means you have to redo everything in your own game. What this game neededA good solo experience that could have been an incredible co-op one, a truly missed opportunity. While the game does sport co-op, it's extremely bare-bones. The person hosting the game will get full progression, but their friend will not receive any quest progress, instead they'll get some currency and items which means you have to redo everything in your own game. What this game needed was a proper co-op mode with a shared community, had they implemented this my rating would be much higher. I bought State of Decay 2 to play with my friend, but out of the 24 hours I put into it maybe 2 of those were spent playing co-op because it's just not worth it, plus connecting to friends is extremely clunky right now.

As for the game itself it's solid, the combat is a ton of fun, the animations are really good, the music is great and the voice acting is decent. The core game is well made there's just a lack of content in general, especially any form of campaign, there's an extremely basic story that is almost irrelevant and eventually you get to the point where there's no reason to continue. The game is missing a ton of QoL features, as well more substantial features that were expected to be added but weren't, the game hasn't evolved massively from the original at all.
  76. Jun 11, 2018
    A buggy broken mess, which is very common nowadays. Why ship a working product if the consequences are almost non-existant? Just patch it up a few weeks down the line, right?

Some game mechanics are downright annoying, if you thought Preston Garvey in Fallout 4 was a hoot, then you better brace yourself. This game comparatively promotes you Sir Babysitter El Grande as you run around constantly bombarded by procedurally generated fetch quests and side missions.

That's not to say the game is absolutely terrible, because it isn't. It's a fairly enjoyable experience, when you're not taken out of it every few minutes by bugs, glitches, crashes, and other nonsense.

At its best, you're exploring the map. Building facilities at your base. Finding the best places to put up (very limited) outposts, Melee combat is quite satisfying, especially the ease at which you can finish off downed zombies. Stealth is a bit of an afterthought. It's there, but really only useful against solo zombies. A group will hear your "stealth" kills from miles away. There's usually plenty of loot to go around, which is pretty much a necessity considering it *never* respawns. Once you've cleared a house of goodies, it's empty forever.

Guns are the best weapons in the game for obvious reasons, and the "noise" they make isn't really consequential considering it's one of the ONLY noise-making things you can do that doesn't just *spawn* zombies in your vicinity, which for some godforsaken reason does happen if you "quickly" search through a cabinet. Say a house has 5-6 loot containers, if you quickly search through them all and fail the random invisible dice roll, each will spawn zombies to chase you. Firing a gun? That only alerts zombies that were already there. Utterly nonsensical. Putting a suppressor on your gun makes it even more overpowered, but for some reason putting one on a gun makes it break faster. Not the suppressor, no, the gun itself. Fortunately any and all equipment is easy to repair using generic parts and a little workshop anyone can build.

Which brings me to base management: Small Buildings such as a watch tower to protect your base can only be built in small slots. Not in large slots. Logic? 404. The game's chock full of ridiculous design decisions like this.
    Morale is just downright broken. Exiled survivor debuffs remain after they've been exiled until you quit/reload the game. Super happy survivors will still complain and start fights. Fortunately you can just ignore it, because it seems to have little to no effect.

Oh, and each survivor has a chance of generating a mission unique to them. If you switch to another survivor the mission gets aborted. But the survivor you're playing gets "fatigued" after a while, meaning they need to sleep. THE ONLY WAY to sleep, is to switch survivor. That's right, no passing time by sleeping in a bed. You'd rather move out during the day or at night? Too bad, you'll have to wait it out. There is no rest mechanic, which boggles the mind. A survival mechanic that you can't satisfy manually is just downright stupid.

AI teammates are... incredibly bad at everything. They'll often just run off for no reason. They'll watch as a zombie bites your face off and refuse to help. They'll only attack zombies if they absolutely have to. They'll get stuck behind everything while following you. Further emphasizes the baby sitter aspect of the game.

This game simply needs a LOT more work. It's rushed. It's crying out for attention from the devs. It's an unpolished mess with potential. When it works, it works well, but those moments are too few and far in between.
  77. Jun 11, 2018
    The game is a nice expierience for but not more. I have played the first SoD and had much fun, but as soon as the second game has been teased, I had no great expectations. I havent expected a phenomenal revelation of zombie games and i recommend everyone to do the same. Because its pretty much the same game as State of Decay 1 with only minor changes, that would rather justify a State ofThe game is a nice expierience for but not more. I have played the first SoD and had much fun, but as soon as the second game has been teased, I had no great expectations. I havent expected a phenomenal revelation of zombie games and i recommend everyone to do the same. Because its pretty much the same game as State of Decay 1 with only minor changes, that would rather justify a State of Decay 1.5
    Grafics are also not contemporary anymore and the performance is bad...
  78. Jun 10, 2018
    You can't rate a Game higher than 5 if it's Microsoft Store exclusive tbh... even it it's a masterpiece, sadly this one isn't.

Wait till it's out on Steam or just don't get it at all.
  79. Jun 8, 2018
    The game definitely needs some improvement, and not in a stability / performance sense, it runs quite well despite the first day Multiplayer issues, but we'll get to that issue also.

The game lacks an official / defined storyline, beyond the Trailer which gives a player a sense of the game (For those that have not played the Original game.) Its mostly a random mission oriented game, with emphasis on building communities, where ultimately completing a Legacy & Wiping out all Zombie Objectives is game over. This is not very fulfilling in my opinion.

Aside from the lack of story, the game boasts a Multiplayer... Tethered Multiplayer, once again not very fulfilling when one person wants to get guns, one wants to get meds, and another wants food, and find themselves warped periodically back to the leader. No one likes being forced into things they don't want to do, and while a storyless approach does improve this, it doesn't give us much of a fallback either.

The inherent lack of approachability and some survival aspects make this a mediocre release at best, given that there are several problems with how quickly weapons breakdown, zombies seem to spawn in rather than shamble or migrate, and physics bugs with vehicles, objects, and materials. Really sucks shooting at a zombie behind a 6" rock that is standing and the bullets are being deflected off by an invisible wall I can only assume is the rocks physics orientation on the map.

The Positive.
    Much larger maps, yes, there are quite a bit of a distance to drive and move around, a total of 3 regions all with their own benefits and ease / difficulty.

Lots more zombies, and variations of them too, though you'll quickly learn how best to approach and deal with them as the game goes on.

Pre-Modded Weapons, Scopes, Sites, and Redicles make aiming so much easier, though this is a found item, so the only modifications you can add yourself are silencers (Hand-crafted and found), and the occasional barrel mod.

Community Customization... kinda. Its all random, so when making your perfect starting community its like a scene from Rimworld's Crashsite Scenario, where your hitting the Rando button multiple times trying to find that right combination of what you want, while also hoping for the right appearance.

Graphics are... meh. Its Unreal 4 so some expectations are there, others are... like I said Meh.
    There is limb dismemberment, the usual zombie gore that accompanies games like this and blood splatter (Mostly in the air), but the overall feel of the environments and map design feel... and sorry to the designer on this... half-assed.
    (Mind you I am playing this game at 4K using a GTX 1080 FTW) and it doesn't really feel, FTW in game I mean.

What Really chafes me:
    Windows 10 Exclusive, this low of a score, and this bad of a debute really is harping on my Game Design Strings of Confidence, if your going to make a game "Windows 10 Exclusive" You better make Damn sure its good, because not only are you hurting the quality of the sales of your game by people like moi. But your also giving "Exclusivity" to your Windows Operating Systems a bad rep as well.

Things to Fix:

-Drop the Tethering Seriously! Do Not Bind a Gamer, its a bad idea!
    -Expansion to Add Story, give us a true sequel add some content that makes us want to hunt for the Truth, Red Talon, or find the Government Officials main Operations I dunno, think for once.

Overall Score 6
    It could definitely be a hell of a lot better especially for a Win-10 Exclusive Game.
  80. Jun 6, 2018
    When I heard this game was a mess I assumed it was just like the first one a real piece of crap that is some how still a really fun game. Unfortunately, 3/6 of the people in our group of friends ( including me) can't even get the game to start. Don't let your love of the first game blind you. The game is simply broken and it is doubtful they are going to fix issues that are thisWhen I heard this game was a mess I assumed it was just like the first one a real piece of crap that is some how still a really fun game. Unfortunately, 3/6 of the people in our group of friends ( including me) can't even get the game to start. Don't let your love of the first game blind you. The game is simply broken and it is doubtful they are going to fix issues that are this widespread. This game get's a literally unplayable/10
    PS: The Microsoft Store is actually so bad it has to be damaging their sales a lot.
  81. Jun 5, 2018
    Screaming frustration!
    I have been struggling to write a review of this game for the past five days now, and it became pages long because I wanted to be nifty. Write straight from the heart!
    And that I will do. I could do that for hours, but I try to keep it short as you wouldn't want to read me going on about this piece of junk, the disgraceful moneygrabbers from Undead Labs is
    Screaming frustration!

And that I will do.

I could do that for hours, but I try to keep it short as you wouldn't want to read me going on about this piece of junk, the disgraceful moneygrabbers from Undead Labs is and the gall of reviewers like Quarter to Three that give this trainwreck a 100(weighted) out of 100. How the heck can any reviewer worth their grain look past the game breaking bugs with a statement along the lines of: oh it is rough around the edges but they will patch it. You have either been bought or you haven't played this game. In fact how can anyone give this game more than a 5 at its current state and current state means: they upgraded this early June with a whopping 20 gb reinstall to deal with the most glaring bugs. This people was not a full game, it was a beta for which you were the testers and you paid for the privilege.

First, this must be done: to address that disgraceful group from Undead Labs. State of Decay was your undeserved success, not so much in that it wasn't a nice game, despite its flaws, but you obviously intended to milk the formula for what it was worth and do as least as possible. First making money from the alpha release, then about two years later coming out with the yose version which was basically the same game and the dlcs with some minor patching and some upping of the graphics. What others would consider an update you sold of for full price without even giving people who had already paid for the game and the dlcs a discount. Only a bunch of moneygrabbers would do that. Nothing you gave away for free, nothing you gave a discount for.

Now about five years later you come out with this piece of junk that is so buggy as to be beyond belief.
    It crashes. It freezes. Doors handle odd. The cars bounce around. You sink through the ground. The camera has mind of its own. Doors are not in the state they look. A main legacy line is broken. Open windows that you cannot through a grenade through. Companions are unfindable or disappear. Cars get stuck on invisible walls. In fact the game is so buggy that you added a button to unstuck you, just in case. Which is a terrible button as it unstucks the character you are playing, by shifting her back, but leaving your other character to deal with the horde of zombies.
    But more intricate are the inherent problems that you run into when you play longer. What story line is there? The end game is boring beyond belief. You are just sitting there waiting for the main quest line to progress after killing all the plague hearts and electing a leader(which is an seriously obscure process) .
    You get sick about killing the endless infestations and the nagging of other communities for resources.
    What is even worse, you have to have like 3 or 4 friendly neighbors to get the endline for the trader to proceed, so you have to fullfill the nagging otherwise your neighbors up and leave, delaying the end game even more.

But next to this, what did you actually change compared to the first game? Yes, the graphics are somewhat nicer(barely). But it is the same game but with some small additions, a somewhat altered way of building and you can now do three maps instead of going over the same one all the time. The biggest changes are the multiplayer, which i don't care for, and the plague hearts and infectious zombies. Oh yes and cars now require fuel, which you wanted to put in the first game, but didn't get working.
    It isn't a new game, it is just an attempt to produce the same game with just enough window dressing to claim it is new.

There are some things that I do like, like being able to bring a companion, like interacting more with your neighbors, like the zombies being more aggressive. But the game is so weighted down with bad bits that I found myself screaming with frustration and de-installing it at one time. The most annoying thing was when I restarted the game for a second run. One of my main heroes had her stamina halved, a bug no doubt, as she never got healed. So I hoped with a new restart this would be fixed. No deal. So I deleted that game to start a new one without her. And all my three primary heroes were gone.
    Yes, unlike state of decay your heroes are linked to a save game, once you add them to a new game they cannot be selected again and if you delete that game.. they are gone forever.

I should end now.. Still fuming at the mouth. One nice thing. I didn't pay for this trash-heap. I got it on a trial like someone suggested. Oh, I did want to pay for it, but even that progress was buggy.

Now if you want to reward people who do care about their games, then reward that guy who made survivalist. Or Larian Studios. They made Divinity Original sin 1 and 2, two great games in a row.
  82. Jun 5, 2018
    State 2 plays like a botched remaster and not a true sequel. The biggest letdown is tethered p2p coop instead of persistent, dedicated servers. Poor event and mission variety. It's a half-hearted reskin of the original, and the graphics aren't even 2018 good. Botched. Remaster.
  83. Jun 4, 2018
    EDIT: Since they fixed almost all the bugs I've been experiencing, they really NEED to tone down the zombie spawns. They literally spawn in next to you as soon as you open a map and in general. There's no reason there should be so many zombies in the middle of a grassfield in the boonies. Make them harder-hitting, but LESSEN the overall zombies. It's so annoying and tedious.

OLD Review:

OLD Review:
    Great concept but the countless bugs and glitches can hamper your experience. Windows store aside, the co-op so far has been hit or miss with invisible zombies and supply lockers, glitchy doors that look open but are closed, people and NPCs/zombies desyncing, etc.

The most infuriating bugs are that NPCS seemingly never use the watchtower in your base and zombies just walts in the doors of your base since your guys never want to close them (or jump over your unfortified walls which you can't fortify unless you block off that section with a car).

The game is essentially a looting simulator and fetch quest game so it won't be for everybody. I love the game but this game should not have been released in such a buggy state. It has the backing of Microsoft and yet all these bugs persist. They have a lot of stuff to patch.
  84. Jun 2, 2018
    Honestly, I was waiting on this game a long time. I did like the first one a lot. But like everyone else was a bit disappointed by the lack of an endgame and no coop. Interestingly, State of Decay 2 addressed these 2 things... abysmally.

Their coop in this game is pretty much laughable. Tethering in an open world game is a mega fail. Also, why would anyone coop in this game. There is nothing to gain at all. In 1999 Jet-force Gemini on the N64 allowed for an unlock-able robot that someone else could control. Meaning they could point at this on the screen and shoot at it, not actually move it. This Coop is about on par with that 1999 innovation. Loot is separate, base building is for the host only. So all you do is follow around the host wacking at things on the screen. Other than that there is no story or any good reason to actually join a friend.

As for the endgame. Its boring. They said, "Our fans want a conclusion.", so they put you on an incredibly boring loop of doing the same thing for 40 hours. But wait, next time pick a new leader and do 1 other incredibly boring task for 40 hours.

I will not be buying the next one. We asked to take what was good about SOD1 and flesh it out. You took SOD1 and fans ideas and added really terrible execution of those great ideas in attempt to extend the games length. Guys, it's boring and rushed. Enjoy, your profits. You've proven you are a one hit wonder.
  85. Jun 1, 2018
    Pretty much the same as the first state of decay with some minor improvements with with bases and NPC characters. Also added co op that seems tacked on and not a focus from the start of development as there is very little to do with your friends. It would be a solid game if not for all the bugs in the game, just to name a few I experienced, you sometimes get teleported when getting out ofPretty much the same as the first state of decay with some minor improvements with with bases and NPC characters. Also added co op that seems tacked on and not a focus from the start of development as there is very little to do with your friends. It would be a solid game if not for all the bugs in the game, just to name a few I experienced, you sometimes get teleported when getting out of a vehicle, you can fall through the floor, and when you switch characters when they are on the upper floor of your base they sometimes just fall from the top floor of your base and break bones. The bugs in this game are very infuriating especially since vehicles in the game can get stuck on almost anything including tiny rocks on the ground its ridiculous, and at one point my vehicle hit a bump on the road and launched me in the air half way across the map, absolutely disgusting. Until they patch this game, it is well below average. Expand
  86. May 31, 2018
    More of what you may (or may not) have enjoyed from the first SoD -- a strong, open-world, 3rd-person zombie survival sim. However, initial release is unforgivably riddled with bugs and sloppy design decisions. SoD2 is, unfortunately, a cliche case of "one step forward, two steps back" in the franchise.
  87. May 31, 2018
    Spectacular game, best zombie apocalypse simulator ever designed. Graphics, sound and gameplay are all well done and improve upon the original in every conceivable way. If you enjoyed the 1st SoD you'll love SoD2.
  88. May 30, 2018
    Riddle me this, how does Microsoft manage to fund a game, make it exclusively for their platforms, not even release it on Steam, yet fail to do any Quality Assurance? This game manages to be even more buggy and clunky than the original with even less story and just more repetition.
  89. May 29, 2018
    I'll make it simple: I couldn't play it. I watched a review about this game that kind of summed up everything: this game seems to be half of many game styles. Half arcade... half coop... half survival... and so on.
    Since the beginning of the game, I felt like it lacks the "feeling" a survival game should bring. I felt like I am limited by the game story and can't (or shouldn't) be free to do whatever I want to survive, as I do in other survival games.
    The multiplayer is garbage... if you are the host, your friends' purpose is just to serve you. Not to mention that you can't find other players around. To the point: you won't feel that chill down your spine when you hear a shot nearby, thinking "someone is around!". You don't have to worry if you accidentally shoot your teammate, since no friendly fire is available... I mean, these are things that give an immersion in the game.
    Looting just takes too long... like seriously? That makes the game boring and for some people like me, not a pleasure to play.

I understand that some people might like this game... and I don't think it is bad at all... but overrated by many for sure.
  90. May 29, 2018
    I'll start by saying that the original State of Decay is probably my favourite game of the last decade.

The biggest improvement/new feature we were supposed to get with this new version was the addition of multiplayer. Unfortunately, not only is it a limited type of multiplayer (friends can jump in-out of your game), but it is extremely buggy and close to unplayable. Then you have to

Then you have to pay through the nose for this "multiplayer", $10/month for Microsoft's Gold live subscription, to be able to jump in and out of friend's games. Come on, this is not an f-ng MMO, you don't even create a shared game with a friend just join their game with one of your characters. Why 10 bucks a month, it doesn't need a server, it's peer to peer.
    Looks like it was designed as a money grab for MS from the very beginning.
    On top of this there is far less weapon variety and the missions become repetitive quite fast.
  91. May 29, 2018
    A simple and fun experience. State of Decay 2 takes almost everything from the first game and improves upon it and also expands the world that the first State of Decay created. Of course, this game isn't for everyone, and no game is or ever will be. However, if you enjoy hands on resource management games and are intrigued by the zombie apocalypse survival genre, you will find hours ofA simple and fun experience. State of Decay 2 takes almost everything from the first game and improves upon it and also expands the world that the first State of Decay created. Of course, this game isn't for everyone, and no game is or ever will be. However, if you enjoy hands on resource management games and are intrigued by the zombie apocalypse survival genre, you will find hours of enjoyment from the game. Expand
  92. May 29, 2018
    This game is a totally inferior version of the original. It actually looks worse than the first but has none of the depth, character or gameplay. To say the graphics are xbox 360 standard is an insult to the 360.
    I can only imagine that they got rid of the people who lovingly crafted the original because this is terrible. It doesn't matter how many patches or updates thi thing gets it will still be rubbish so deserves neither your time or your money. I'm glad I tried it out on xbox game pass first. Very disappointing.
  93. May 29, 2018
    Pro Tip. You can try this game out for free for 14 days, no credit card needed can use paypal also. Make a Microsoft account, register for 14 days trial free, now go to your Microsoft Xbox App (On your windows, not chrome, or any browser) now search for State of Decay 2 in store and you can now install it.

You can do that to judge whether you should buy the game or not, it's quite

You can do that to judge whether you should buy the game or not, it's quite generous on Microsoft part. The sad thing is just that there is no steam release

the game is below average, worst than the first one, it has bugs, some parts are better than the first some are worst. the game finally has Asians in, not sure about Indians yet but hope so

Some of the things bother me, melee range, melee have extremely short range, if there are zombies in wooden fences, you cannot hit them, but they can hit you. and if you try to use melee on zombies close to your teammates, you can't hit them behind your friends when it should. since the model is long enough. the Dev decision on these changes made me wonder why. since the first game doesn't have these issues.

most of the time when you are trying to melee zombies, your attacks will be hitting the sky unless you are extremely close. (The model should have hit but it didn't, it ruined the immersion and breaks the game)

Also to note, the game will only work on Windows 10 same with the method I posted above

the fact that there are no official forums around is a big deal, means theres nowhere to provide feedback for the devs, and they don't seem to care for anything
  94. May 28, 2018
    The best zombie survival on PC, not perfectly optimized in the multyplayer mode, but will keep you attached to the monitor for a long time.
  95. May 28, 2018
    Came into the game never having played the first. But this game draws you in. You want to keep searching for items, finding other survivors, killing zombies along the way. A few hours later you realize all the hate is bs. Not once have I come across any glitches or game breaking bugs. The game is fun and addicting. Give it a shot.
  96. May 28, 2018
    I enjoyed playing it for 3 days on Xbox One. Played it mostly by myself, but planning on jumping in on others game soon. My base has 7 people and is self-sustaining. I lost all my initial members. At first I thought changing base was the worse decision but now my new base is thriving. There is trial and error to base management. Upgrades should always detail their new maintenance cost. II enjoyed playing it for 3 days on Xbox One. Played it mostly by myself, but planning on jumping in on others game soon. My base has 7 people and is self-sustaining. I lost all my initial members. At first I thought changing base was the worse decision but now my new base is thriving. There is trial and error to base management. Upgrades should always detail their new maintenance cost. I lost an agriculture professor because I thought the game was closed when I was in the Xbox One homepage but it was still working in the background. I found it fun, but not perfect. Looking forward to having 2 other communities in the 2 other maps. Expand
  97. May 28, 2018
    Honest review after 30 hours of playing:

1: The Map(s) (5/10): The increased map size doesn't really achieve a huge amount, because it's fractured into three essentially identical areas with no particular variation, difficulty curve or purpose. The buildings feel copy-pasted to the point where you soon know the layout of every building after an hour of playing. The world itself feels
    Honest review after 30 hours of playing:

1: The Map(s) (5/10):
    The increased map size doesn't really achieve a huge amount, because it's fractured into three essentially identical areas with no particular variation, difficulty curve or purpose. The buildings feel copy-pasted to the point where you soon know the layout of every building after an hour of playing. The world itself feels authentic enough, but the geography is uninspired and soulless.

2: The Combat (8/10):
    One of the best aspects of these games, the melee and ranged combat are both fairly decent. You feel like you have control over your character when fighting the zeds, and failures are usually understandable, so you learn from them. Combat moves are moderately varied but get old quite rapidly, but at the same time I can't imagine any better system. Guns feel unique and punchy enough to make different classes unique and leave you with favourites.

The vehicles feel varied and punchy/sluggish as appropriate, while providing a naturally wholesale method of slaughtering huge hordes of vehicles. Damage feels fair and balanced, but fixing up a ride from husk to full in a single toolkit seems a bit dumbed-down. Gathering fuel constantly is a bit tedious.

3: Base Building (4/10):
    A worthy effort, hamstrung by claustrophobic limitations and an irritating fun vs utility dynamic. Most of the time you'll find yourself unable to build any interesting facilities such as an auto shop or firing range, because you need every available inch of space to build farms and resource collection. The bases themselves are unchanging and won't allow you to build better walls, blockades or even intelligent placement choices. A best example is a late-game strip mall base, with a large flat roof and a huge walled-off car park. Neither are possible to build on, leaving you unable to use the roof for, say, water collection or security.

Outposts are another completely wasted effort - you stick a flag in a stack of boxes and it passively sends you whatever benefit that building yields. That's it. No other management is available.

4: Missions & NPCs (3/10):
    Irritating and soulless in equal measure. Missions fail if you switch characters (who can be tired and injured!) and NPCs routinely run away from you or knock zeds out of your grapple.

5: Looting (4/10):
    Gathering supplies, weapons and sundry items is the embodiment of the grind that is central to the game. It's generally uninspired and slow, making you trade off 8 second looting times (holding a button and waiting) vs almost guaranteed zombie attacks as you make noise. The items are seldom exciting and do little but fill back up the ever depleting meters in your base.

6: The Zombies (7/10):
    The zeds are nice and varied, providing a constantly shifting challenge to an unwary traveller. Some run, some crouch, some crawl towards you. Most are not even remotely a threat, but you still have to deal with every one you tangle with or they'll clamp down on your neck. Low stamina means you'll often tire and get swamped as you'd expect.

The specials are, ironically, nothing special. They're effectively identical to the first game and can usually be dispatched with a car door or single head shot, barring the Juggernaut. Ferals are scary fast and Bloaters will wreck your day in a car if you hit one, so they keep you on your toes.

7: The Plague (4/10):
    The threat of getting infected and clearing "Plague Hearts" (whatever the hell they're supposed to be) is an nonthreatening and uninspired antagonist. The Hearts themselves are genuinely difficult to dispose of and provide good crescendos, but are ultimately nothing but damage sponges and require little in the way of tactics.

8: The Engine & Graphics (2/10):
    The engine this game is built upon feels dated and buggy but generally functional. Graphically, the game is sub-par and tries to hide it's poor visuals with bloom, lens flare and motion blur. Fixing these requires editing locked-down INI files to improve FOV, remove depth of field, film grain and motion blur - all things that should be available in-game as options. Awful.

In addition, the reports of bugs are not exaggerated. You get stuck 2-3 times per session on average and require the in-game "unstuck" assist, and often find zombies inside rocks etc.

9: Coop Gameplay (2/10):
    Such a wasted effort. Constant disconnects, a P2P tick-rate of about 4 updates per second (yes, really) and dozens of bugs and glitches makes multiplayer almost unplayable. You are unable to loot what you want due to a draconian colour-coded loot splitting process that prevents you from looting 50% of all items, and being slaved like a hand servant to the host for items, missions and travel. You're unable to interact with NPCs beyond a bit of trading, and cannot even open car doors to help kill zombies while on the move. Absolutely terrible, and one of the worst disappointments the game provides.

98. May 28, 2018
    Como um usuario de Playstation esse foi um dos poucos jogos exclusivos da microsoft que gostei de de jogar.
    Não é um jogo para qualquer um, pois é um jogo de nicho (gerenciamento de recursos) então acho normal algumas pessoas terem esperado um jogo tradicional de zumbis e ter se decepcionado.

Eu perco a noção do tempo jogando. As mecânicas do jogo são bem interessantes e você REALMENTE sente medo de morrer com um personagem e perder-lo.

Dito isso, o jogo tem bug's. Alguns bem irritantes e outros que realmente atrapalham o jogo (perdi um dos melhores carros que encontrei nesse brincadeira).
    Os gráficos também estão medianos.

Mas pelo que vi parece que esse jogo não mudou muito em relação ao primeiro. Como eu não joguei o primeiro eu tendo a ter uma opinião mais favorável, talvez se eu tivesse jogado também acharia isso mas não posso afirmar.
  99. May 27, 2018
    I hate to give it only 5 but the coop really downgraded the game. Single player is fun and worth a 7.5/10, driving is smooth, character skill is well balanced, permanent death creates excitement and consideration.is a fun RPG zombie game with the gentle atmosphere(that being said, when going to new map need to abandon the old base is really bad, why punish player to explorer the map thatI hate to give it only 5 but the coop really downgraded the game. Single player is fun and worth a 7.5/10, driving is smooth, character skill is well balanced, permanent death creates excitement and consideration.is a fun RPG zombie game with the gentle atmosphere(that being said, when going to new map need to abandon the old base is really bad, why punish player to explorer the map that you work hard with???)
    but when it comes to the coop, bug, delay, disconnect and wired limitation downgraded the game .as a volunteer, u cannot use host base nor own base, the item share system is bad. I have a disconnect every 15 - 20 minutes while playing with my friends, there are some little bugs constantly too.
  100. May 27, 2018
    Meh.. in state of decay there was some story, A bit of wonder and excitement and even random over powered items to find..

Alas i find state of decay 2 lacking.. the game feels rushed. The 5 hours i have put into the game so far following just the games quests... Mind you, not just wandering around... i have been asking what? why?? huh..? A character creator even a basic one is a

A character creator even a basic one is a staple in games these days... vary rarely do games not have a character creator and tell a decent story. It is sorely needed and one of very few things i thought was missing from SoD. The base building is almost the same... except more options and mods.. it needs better options not more... reinforce fencing, expand area... herp a derp???

Larger bases or expandable bases would have been better... more defense options would have been nice.. not even 5 hours in and im getting sieged by zombie hordes every 30 minutes. all i did was build the basics, pharmacy water catch, watch tower oh and removed garbage and fixed the master bedroom. How is that 2 of 3 bars.

Nothing i/we built makes noise... the lookout tower upgraded to level 2 even..nothing makes noise... its not like we have flood lights thanks to good ol electricity.. one of the mods is a generator adding electricity if you refuel it to an area of your base....

SoD allows to you just grab a vehicle and go... SoD2 you need gas for cars and repair kits...... its very tedious early and a waste of inventory space later. i did not want to micro manage every single aspect of a human being.... breathing... its to much micro managing... food, medicine, ammo, salvage... that was what you needed in SoD, now you need water and electricity, gas and some other bs.. oh and cars are much fewer all carry 5-6 items/sacks.

this game just feels really rushed... Haven't they been working on SoD2 for about 4 years now? Wth happened? the blood plague was just a bad **** idea... it gets a bit ridiculous..

I really really liked SoD but SoD2 is missing too much and is far to buggy. even after the updates i lost a vehicle and got stuck just running on top of a stack of bricks in a truck at the nursery. my character got stuck inside the small (should have been easy to jump over) bricks.

Did they even play test this game at all..... the problems i've had already and i literally just bought an x1s and this game... tempted to return both.
  101. May 29, 2018

You can do that to judge whether you should buy the game or not, it's quite

Mixed or average reviews - based on 30 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 13, 2018
    In State of Decay 2 we got additions that we didn’t even need, while the mechanics that called for changes (such as fighting) remained without any major interference. The game shoves in multiplayer too much, which degrades some parts of the single-player into a digital chore. Eventually, you may not even appreciate, that the game is bigger than the first one.
  2. Jun 25, 2018
    State of Decay 2 looks like a totally broken remake of the original game.
  3. Jun 4, 2018
    Ultimately, State of Decay 2 has proven a disappointment. Undead Labs laid the groundwork with the original, but it’s failed to build upon this to any noticeable degree. It’s a much prettier, just as buggy, State of Decay 1.5. To some, just having more may be enough, but it would’ve been nice to see them push the boat out just a little bit more. Perhaps they should’ve done that MMO zombie survival game after all...