Aug 6, 2014Terrian Saga: KR-17 is a fun retro puzzle platformer with a lot of content and a great recreation of what made classic games in the genre so much fun. The controls may need a bit of tightening and the boss fights are frustrating, but overall, it's still pretty good.
Generally favorable reviews- based on 17 Ratings
Aug 11, 2014I heard this game was supposed to resemble Commander Keen (my favorite game) and I have to say...they pulled it off! Somewhat.
The levelI heard this game was supposed to resemble Commander Keen (my favorite game) and I have to say...they pulled it off! Somewhat.
The level design took me directly back to my childhood on my dad's knee playing Sega Genesis games. I know the developers and reviewers have been comparing this to DOS games but this reminds me very much of the Genesis adventure games i used to play. Just listen to that soundtrack! Alright, time for the review.
- SO much content for So little price! Currently $4.99 on Steam which is peanuts for this game
- Level design and game play are quite varied. I've played 6 zones now and am always running into new things.
- Adorable characters. I fell in love with the little yellow guys
- Most importantly...it's fun and addicting!
- Balancing on crates. You'll know what I'm talking about if you research this game for even a second. The developers even seem to smirk at the mechanic(?) on their Steam community page.
- That varied level design in the pros also goes here. I've been through 6 zones and am always finding something new -to kill me-
- There are still some bugs and stuff that comes with what I believe to be the developer's first game...ever?
The developers are quite active and seem to have a good since of humor and humility. I'm excited to see what they do next though, as if this /is/ their first game their second one has a lot to live up to!
Go buy it and leave a review so I don't look like the uncool kid.… Full Review »
Aug 11, 2014This game rocks! Not sure why no body is talking about it. It is a GOOD platforming game and has really awesome background and levels. I likeThis game rocks! Not sure why no body is talking about it. It is a GOOD platforming game and has really awesome background and levels. I like to blow stuff up with the missile. The music is awesome! There is a bug with the crates that has to do with the collision masking where the crate actually MOVES OUT FROM UNDER YOU instead of you moving with it. I am not sure if the developer left it in as a puzzle, but I can not stop dying on the part. If you like old school platformers like the NES then you will like this game.… Full Review »