4.6

1. Jun 18, 2020
    good mechanics, lot of events.good 3d models but lighting too unrealistic fade out outfits looking in sun shining and shadows bad.too much yellow filter effect.
  2. Nov 11, 2020
    This game is such a glitchy mess it's not even worth the six dollars I paid for it.

Edit: after changing some settings in steam, I have gotten the Xbox controller to only glitch out on my backswing every third hole or so on one or two swings instead of on every shot. There are still unfixed bugs that are inexcusable in my opinion, but I am now having some fun playing it. Would be zero stars for 60 bucks, but for 6, I can’t really complain now that it works for the most part.
  3. Sep 11, 2018
    I want to reccomend this game, but in it's current state I just can't. The game definately needs some optimization. Are the graphics better than GC2, or worse? I'm not sure. The trees look better at times, and worse at others. Same thing with the water and grass textures. The skies are awful looking. The developers really need to work on the lighting. No cloud shadows, falling leaves, orI want to reccomend this game, but in it's current state I just can't. The game definately needs some optimization. Are the graphics better than GC2, or worse? I'm not sure. The trees look better at times, and worse at others. Same thing with the water and grass textures. The skies are awful looking. The developers really need to work on the lighting. No cloud shadows, falling leaves, or weather, either. The "official" courses are a huge step backwards, and make me long for the ones in GC2. Does it play better? yes, but not significantly. Using the higher level clubs is mostly a disaster, at least for me. I hold my breath to see which way the ball is going to go. Character creation is still awful, I can't even come close to making a character that looks anything like me. (but then maybe that's a good thing;) The same lame announcer, really? (I'm guessing that John is a super nice guy in real life, but....) If I hear "That was going to be excellent!" one more time I'll slit my wrists. (I know you can shut it off, but I really would like to hear the game being announced, as it feels pretty barren otherwise) Is the game fun to play? That's a mixed bag. There are times when I think "Hey, this is pretty fun," followed by periods where well, for what ever reason, it just isn't. but right now there's just no way it's a 50 dollar game. I will say in all fairness that I'm not going to refund the game. I want to support the developers, and there are parts of the game that I enjoy. Just not enough parts to reccomend it. Expand
  4. May 21, 2019
    glad i got this on 60% off sale inconsistent game mechanics makes it almost unplayable
  5. May 9, 2020
    This game is one of the best golf games to date. It is comparable to the Rory PGA game on PS4. Wonderful graphics, and good controls. What makes this game so great is the massive collection of courses to play. It has all the major courses and maybe even your local course. There is also online societies that allow you to compete in tournaments with other players. Overall a great game.
  6. Apr 27, 2020
    I've now played more hours on this than any other game I've ever owned. The course creator is the greatest thing about this. Users spend hundreds of hours faithfully replicating real courses and making up their own. The learning curve for actually playing golf in the game is very short and is easy enough to pick up. Players who golf in real life will probably wish that the learningI've now played more hours on this than any other game I've ever owned. The course creator is the greatest thing about this. Users spend hundreds of hours faithfully replicating real courses and making up their own. The learning curve for actually playing golf in the game is very short and is easy enough to pick up. Players who golf in real life will probably wish that the learning curve was steeper, but non-golfers will appreciate the way that it is. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

While it can be frustrating navigating bunkers and other hazards while you hone your skills, The Golf Club featuring PGA Tour 2019 provides a solid, enjoyable golfing experience.
  2. Sep 28, 2018
    A winner in my book and certainly a game that fans of golf sims and realistic sports games will treasure for years to come.
  3. Sep 14, 2018
    The addition of proper online multiplayer and the PGA Tour career mode make The Golf Club 2019 a meaningful improvement over its already impressive predecessor, even if the initial learning curve is on steeper side and the visual presentation remains stuck in the past.