8.1

1. Oct 22, 2017
    The game by itself is well done. Interesting RPG with cooking, upgrades for weapons and equipment. The story is quite political in it's core and the game shows us events with dates. It's a nice sens of moving forward. However the dialogues are very annoying, not because they are bad but there is so many of them and they state the very obvious almost 75% of the time. Do we have to knowThe game by itself is well done. Interesting RPG with cooking, upgrades for weapons and equipment. The story is quite political in it's core and the game shows us events with dates. It's a nice sens of moving forward. However the dialogues are very annoying, not because they are bad but there is so many of them and they state the very obvious almost 75% of the time. Do we have to know every single feelings, every single though. Many, many sequence are very arduous...so be prepared to skip a lot of dialogues in the like you never seen before. The fighting is well done but again in the last chapter you are hit with an impossible boss to handle. The graphics are to the level of a PS3 game. The 3D models are quite basic. Overall it was a fun JRPG but the dialogues skipping can be a long exercise of patience. I give it a 70%. Expand
  2. May 28, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Going to cover the negative first. Horrible ending, just know If you want any type of closure you must buy multiple games. Am some what new to school part of a game, but am not the biggest fan of being put on a schedule to do things and I can only use certain characters at certain times, so I often find myself stuck with characters I do not like.

Plus side, I really enjoyed the combat and level system.
  3. Jun 20, 2019
    整体上非常生硬的一部作品。剧情方面由于过场动画太多,密集地穿插于战斗与自由时间之中,难以展开叙事,导致虽然故事内容尚可,但全程都遍布令人吐槽不能的虎头蛇尾和自圆其说。战斗方面继承了前作成熟的系统,依旧能体验到可以沉浸其中的节奏感,但在本作中存在感太低。结尾单独设计的机神战也过于鸡肋,不明所以。总的来说,本作为了展开新系列的故事而太过仓促,质量差强人意。整体上非常生硬的一部作品。剧情方面由于过场动画太多,密集地穿插于战斗与自由时间之中,难以展开叙事,导致虽然故事内容尚可,但全程都遍布令人吐槽不能的虎头蛇尾和自圆其说。战斗方面继承了前作成熟的系统,依旧能体验到可以沉浸其中的节奏感,但在本作中存在感太低。结尾单独设计的机神战也过于鸡肋,不明所以。总的来说,本作为了展开新系列的故事而太过仓促,质量差强人意。

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 9, 2017
    In case I haven't said it enough already, the PC port of Trails of Cold Steel is quite simply the best version of the game you can get at the moment. It's also an excellent port on its own that brings many improvements and scales well between a dedicated gaming rig at max settings and an ultraportable laptop squeaking by on low. If you're a fan of the series, this is a no-brainer. If you've never played a Trails game before, this is an excellent place to start.
  2. Sep 5, 2017
    In the end, Trails of Cold Steel is a game made for specific fans of the JRPG genre, but it also succeeds in nailing down all of its tropes and mechanics, rather than try to appeal to everyone with a bunch of pieces that don’t fit cohesively. Its emphasis on character development and skill trees prove that it has placed its priorities in the right areas, rather than blow its budget on visuals or other superfluous aspects. What it lacks in innovation, it more than makes up for in polish, and the result is bound to leave many fans hungry for the next two installments in the trilogy regardless of whether they play through the main story or follow every side character’s journey to completion.
  3. Aug 18, 2017
    This is a game with a long, arcing story that takes some awkward, colourful teens through their turbulent teenage years with a fun and vibrant world to explore, charming characters to befriend and a turn-based combat system with a surprising amount of depth once you look beneath the surface.