6.6

1. Sep 9, 2016
    This has more content then many "high budget" titles recently. Very decent story, interesting characters and dialogues. Choices have impact. Has some combat difficulty, but is manageable and is actually quite fun. Much better visuals and more nicely arranged areas then expected from a "low budget" game.

Biggest problem I had was the amount of backtracking and visiting the same areas again and again, even mobs are placed exactly the same and basically respawn for hostile maps on entry. Game needs more variety in monsters and loot. Maybe less hours (30+) or more fast travel options would have helped.

Another thing that disturbed me, one would expect more plausibility in fauna and flora for an obviously heavily terraformed planet. Where are the children and how are basic needs met? More green areas would have been nice, and would have given the colonization idea a more believable future and supported the Ending a bit better. Which was otherwise very acceptable.
  2. Aug 23, 2016
    This is probably the best game made by Spiders so far. But it has some big flaws.
    Pros:
    + very good setting - cities and other small locations on Mars are full of this unique cyberpunk-like (and maybe a bit postapocalyptic) atmosphere + music - another great, melodic and memorable soundtrack made by Oliver Deriviere (Remember Me, Bound By Flame) + pretty nice storyline, maybe not very
    Pros:
    + pretty nice storyline, maybe not very unique, but it has some good moments
    + some good side quests, with a lot of dialogues
    + nice, dynamic combat
    Cons:
    - BACTRACKING - this damn thing pulls the game down to an annoying experience pretty often - you have to go back and forth during the whole gameplay A LOT on exactly the same paths, with the enemies spawning exactly in the same places each time you visit the area again. A BIG minus here!
    - There are moments during the game, when you can break it actually by doing the quests in incorrect order - if the flaw of the game is determined by making quests in a certain order, the game engine should warn the player, or prevent him / her from doing quests in incorrect order. Unfortunately it isn't the case and a couple of times I was forced to load older saves, some of them made several hours earlier, and repeat a large part of the game, because there were bugs which made it impossible to continue with the main storyline. Another Big minus here!
    - face animations aren't really good for today's standards.

Despite the extremely annoying bactracking and the quest order bugs I managed to reach the end of the game and I must say that the ending was very satisfying to me. I probably won't spoil anything if I just say that actually discovering a certain truth which lies at the very end of this adventure appeared to me to be one of the most moving endings in the games ever. Bravo Spiders for this great idea!

I think that this game is worth a try for everyone who likes sci-fi stories with interesting setting, good music, quite interesting characters and a dramatic (in my private opinion) finale. But be warned again: if you hate backtracking in games, you should probably avoid this title.
  3. Jan 24, 2017
    Must admit that I didn't give the game a chance at first, because of the mediocre reviews. Found myself out of roleplay fodder during the Christmas vacation and gave this a chance, and I must say I was really positively surprised. Anyone who likes rpgs with interesting comapions and scifi settings will very likely enjoy this game.
  4. Aug 11, 2017
    Ever played a game so bad that you can't just stop playing it because it so good?
    Is this so oxymoronic that makes you want to scratch your head?
    Can't blame you, I feel like it too, and I wrote that thing. Anyway, whoever did the game design deserves some attention. With more resources, this game could have been a lot more than it is. Let's get with THE BAD so we can focus on
    Is this so oxymoronic that makes you want to scratch your head?

Can't blame you, I feel like it too, and I wrote that thing.

Let's get with THE BAD so we can focus on good:
    - The map & quest tracking. Baaaad. What were you devs thinking? If you, my fellow gamer friend, can get past the horrid map & quest tracking, you ARE going to finish this game.
    - Voice acting. Baaaad. Go listen to a creaking door. It sounds better.
    - Textures. Baaaaad. I know this is Mars and it is supposed to be a lot of brown-grey dust, but come on.
    - diluted crafting system.

THE GOOD:
    + The game. Not kidding. Despite the game breaking map&QT the game has a lot to offer.
    + Combat system. Goood. Let's you switch class on the fly and tackle each encounter with whatever specialization suits it better.
    + Animations. Goood. Nice mo-cap.
    + Story. Decent, but not bad. No "wow moments", but it doesn't put you off. Definitely some things could have been done better, but that is always so easy to criticize and a lot hard to do it yourself.

TL:DR: I wanted to uninstall the game 15 minutes in. It did not let me. I am happy it did.
    Now stop reading, go play it.

Peace out, game well.
  5. Jun 30, 2016
    I created this account just for this, because I think this game is beeing unfairly reviewed by critics.

It's a good game, feels like the old bioware rpg's, and it is another game that proves that critics doesn't like games anymore, they just want movies to watch.
  6. Jun 29, 2016
    A surprisingly good Science Fiction RPG: If you like Alpha Protocol and Divinity DKS, you'll know what to expect in terms of 'lack of polish', but there is real depth here if you're willing to look.

I really like the world building, factions and combat and don't even get me started on how deep the customisation tree is (Path of Exile type levels). If you're looking for something to tide you over until Andromeda next year, this is the game for you. Spiders has even aped MANY of golden-era BioWare's tricks from Kotor and Jade Empire, so you'll be right at home if you're a fan of those games or Commander Shepard.

This review is more like an 8.8, but I'll round it up for the PCMR brothers and sisters.

Sincerely,
    Ivory Samoan.
  7. Jul 8, 2016
    I Love Mass Effect. I love Dragon Age. I love the Witcher. I love Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. I like this game. Hope this succeeds and that they're able to make more games.
  8. Aug 14, 2016
    I don't understand the bad reviews for this game. If you like the witcher or elder scrolls or mass effect series' then you will love this game. I did. If you felt like the combat system and maps in batman or shadow of mordor was difficult, then this is not a game for you. If all you play usually is COD online, dont even bother. Seriously critics, your reviews are terrible.

Once you

Once you master the combat, learn the areas and how to navigate and make use of all your skills, this game is extremely rewarding and challenging and fun.
    I spent many nights up till 3 or 4 in the morning playing because I was totally immersed and oblivious to time.
    The Characters are great, the stories are great, the missions are well written and actually offer some incentive and reward. The world is beautifully done, with many awesome creatures and interesting scenery. I love the combat system. In batman I dont even look at the characters in a fight, I'm just waiting for that parry button to light up over their heads so I know when to block- In this game I'm watching their every move, and I can take out whole groups without any damage and feel like a god, I love it.

I struggled with the first boss, when I was a complete rookie, but it was all smooth sailing and awesomeness after that.

Seriously, i've seen these reviewers give glowing reviews to games like metal gear solid 5, which was nonsensical, painfully slow boring repetitive rubbish, which i uninstalled halfway through in disgust. Or their beloved incredibly repetitive dark souls games, which have some of the worst combat mechanics and storytelling I've seen, and then they pick on this game- which is a gem. I cant put any faith in reviewers "opinions" anymore. That's all they are now, opinion, not unbiased reviews.

I should also add, this game played silky smooth for me on my pc, a feat which the big studios seem to fail with constantly, Kudos Spiders, ten thumbs up.

Maybe it just comes down to personal taste, but I've been gaming for 30+ years and I will highly recommend this game to anyone looking for an awesome rpg adventure.
  9. Jul 7, 2016
    A flawed and low budget rpg which despite its shortcomings is fun and engaging.
    For flaws I think that one of the combat stances (guardian) is underwhelming, the game requires a lot of backtracking with constant enemy respawn and that the first act is quiet dull.
    But the story picks up from the second act, it manages to be constantly interesting and has a satisfying ending. The
    A flawed and low budget rpg which despite its shortcomings is fun and engaging.

The companion system is the biggest pro for the game as the companions are well written, interesting personalities with well made side quests.
    Character development and loot system is a huge improvement over the company past titles: besides your normal combat development there are attributes (strength, agility etc), and skills like crafting, science, charisma etc. These let you use better equipment or offer you alternative solutions for side quests. Because yes, side quests have multiple solutions. We could see better examples from past rpgs, but some of the quests are really well thought out.
    Also the game offers some choices which actually matter and at some of them you will think, "Oh, What should I do now?".
    The combat it is what it is, a faster, simpler yet harder version of the Witcher 3. It's fun, not too easy, not too hard, but please DON'T play in the guardian stance which is highly unfun and ineffective. The other stances are way better.
    The loot is robust and you can upgrade most of it, and also you can equip your companions with them which makes them a lot more effective.
    Completionist playthrough is around 30-35 hours depending on difficulty setting which makes the Technomancer the biggest Spiders game.
    If you enjoy story driven action rpgs, you will be satisfied. Not the best game ever seen, but a decent contribution to the genre.
  10. Jul 11, 2016
    I've not been sucked into the story of a game like that for a while (although i'm a sucker for SF). Immersion is great, and the gameplay becomes quite enjoyable once it's understoord. RPG elements are present (levels, attributes, skills points etc.) and certain choices have real impact on the way the story unfolds. The only thing that really bothered me is the amount of time you spendI've not been sucked into the story of a game like that for a while (although i'm a sucker for SF). Immersion is great, and the gameplay becomes quite enjoyable once it's understoord. RPG elements are present (levels, attributes, skills points etc.) and certain choices have real impact on the way the story unfolds. The only thing that really bothered me is the amount of time you spend walking from a location to another, but nothing game breaking. If you like story heavy RPGs (planescape torment, star wars kotor 2 ...) with a decent fighting system (witcher like) and real choices/consequences then hesitate no more ! Expand
  11. Jul 21, 2016
    The most part of professionnals reviews are not fair, clearly bitter. Is it a "vendetta" ? Or maybe "The Witcher 3" have placed the goal too high this last year ? Now, we get blind when something different and smaller appears in 3rd person RPG landscape ?
    Anyway, if you're are familiar with Mass Effect/The Witcher/Risen series (etc...), all 3rd person RPG of last 10 years, you won't be disappointed.

"The Technomancer" is a good/correct rpg, storyline is complex, all RPG elements are here (craft is still good, like Mars; War Logs), landscapes and armors aesthetics are really great with full of various details (very sensitive), graphics are good (day/night cycle > beautiful screenshots incoming), mood and music works with environments, social/mystical backgrounds, level design is less claustrophobic than "M:WL" (except Ophir...); all parts of the Technomancer "lore" are strong enough to kept you intrigued.
    I've played on hard difficulty (69h = lvl 53), as a full technomancer (first) and full warrior branch, light armor ; good karma, heroic and spiritual experience > It was really spectacular and a real enjoyment, like a "megawatt shaolin monk", airy !!!
    I'm already rerolling has a guardian (extreme) with more shades in my choices (strict military approach), it's a completely different experience !).
    And again i'm not done with this rpg : curious about Rogue combat style and influence of "bad Karma" on the storyline and on my companions.

Like their previous technomancer chapter "Mars: Wars Logs", same influences are here : Mass Effect (1) or Dragon Age maybe, The Witcher (1/2) games mixed with Mad Max movies and pretty all John Carpenter's filmography. Old school and rough !

Yes, it's an AA title trying to challenge AAA titles...
    It's clumsy but they almost did it (it's always a matter of time, money and human resources : at this cost, they can keep their freedom of speech).
    For the record : it's a small studio (with a 2010 engine btw), and unlike Bioware/EA or CDPR (at least 200 employees on their titles), Spiders it's 20 people (maybe less) who have worked on "The Technomancer".
    I think they are pretty close to their ambitions...

This game has is own charm, once you've get over rough details you are mesmerized.

**Plus, very minor bugs at his release (at least for me ; a patch for pc community have been released after 6 days), so no major issue with pc port like a huge AAA title called "Batman Arkham Knight" for example
  12. Aug 17, 2016
    Let's be honest here - this could have been a good game, but it turned out to be mediocre. The fighting system, crafting system and the RPG elements are all there and quite impressive too. But the game itself lacks a good immersion. There is no spark in this one.
  13. Jun 29, 2016
    Played the game for over an hour now, in my opinion it is a lot like an upgraded version of Mars war logs, which to me isnt a bad thing. The only real negative thing i have to say about this game so far is that the movement is clunky like TW3 when it was first released.
  14. Jul 4, 2016
    Must tell the truth here, most guys that rated this game poorly, didn't even play 3 hours of game.

So with that said, i have played more tham 25 hours and i enjoy the feeling the game gave me, except the huge amount of battle if you're a good player that doesn't kill your enemy, since they will wake up after a time, but besides that and a few minor bugs (stuck behind a circle of demonic cans, and at one point the run button disabled any movement), the game is a huge improvement over its past release, reminds me a lot of The Witcher when it started to become famous.

This game had a compelling story, nothing too fancy, but it would keep you entertained for a long run, and the quests the contrary of what others say, had meaning even if they repeated its core objective from time to time, but you always knew why you where doing it, not like in other games where they just tell you to pick poison cuz they need it, in this one you have the option to ask or ignore, character development was both amazing and hollow for some, like for example, Andrew kept me entertained in his mission, and it was rewarding to see him with his new tech arm, while on Phobos it was really a "i don't remember your mother" case..

so from case to case the only non compelling thing about the game was the amount of combat and lack of character development on some of the comp, besides that, this game reminded me of the experience i had with the witcher, really good combat, and some weird funny moments with a guy that is as serious as Gerald.
  15. Jul 7, 2016
    One of the (many?) cases where "professional" Reviewers seem to be a little bit off...and come along as "spoiled"...Did buy the game because I mainly like dystopian Science Fiction and in that regard I was not let down =) The aesthetic of the Environment has a dark & dirty vibe, the Soundtrack fits the mood perfectly and , in it´s best moments, resembles Mass Effect.

The Fighting System

The Fighting System is a welcome change. You can switch different styles "on the fly" and mixing it with "Technomancer Powers" like infusing your Weapon of choice with electricity.

I am 18 Hours into the Game and while the Story is not über creativ, it´s the game as a whole which makes it very enjoyable so far.

Don´t trust everyone who trashes the game and try it out. For Sci-Fi RPG Fans, it´s great!
  16. Jul 7, 2016
    to make things short: the reviews - especially the official ones - to this game are simply not fair. there is a lot of ambition in this game and as an effort of a small developer the game has turned out to be a true gem in the rough. but - as so often - blockbuster games get higher praise instead of supporting runnerups to make even better games. the problem i see in the amount ofto make things short: the reviews - especially the official ones - to this game are simply not fair. there is a lot of ambition in this game and as an effort of a small developer the game has turned out to be a true gem in the rough. but - as so often - blockbuster games get higher praise instead of supporting runnerups to make even better games. the problem i see in the amount of negativity in reviews is, that less people buy the game and see its good aspects. as there is no marketing budget either the reviews are vital for such a small and new brand.

however .. let´s put things in the right perspective: the voice acting is nice, the story is too - though there are some twists that i did not understand or did not seem logical to me. f.i. a female general i treated like **** and who called me a friend in the end (?!) even though i deserted. the graphics are ok and run on even older or weaker machines (i play on a laptop with a geforce 750m), the music score is somewhat enerving, but maybe that´s just a matter of taste. i liked the characters and the story writing. and there is plenty of good stuff to do. in the end, i would give it an 8 and recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs and is not looking for the stuff that all the others play too.
  17. Jul 11, 2016
    Yet another underrated Spiders game, much like Mars:War Logs and Bound by Flame. There almost seems to be an automatic bias against anything Spiders releases.
    Technomancer does some interesting things with the combat system and moral choices in relation to companions. I have enjoyed what I have played of it thus far.
  18. Jul 16, 2016
    This was honestly a good budget game, probably one of the best budget titles I've played in the last decade. In fact, everything from this title reminds me of the original Witcher game, which came out almost a decade ago. It also reminds me of the original Mass Effect, especially its lore. This game was a good attempt from a smaller game development studio, Spiders, who had also releasedThis was honestly a good budget game, probably one of the best budget titles I've played in the last decade. In fact, everything from this title reminds me of the original Witcher game, which came out almost a decade ago. It also reminds me of the original Mass Effect, especially its lore. This game was a good attempt from a smaller game development studio, Spiders, who had also released another budget RPG, Bound By Flame, several years ago.

It's true that there are many shortcomings with this game due to its budget. Some of the title's shortcomings include the somewhat repetitive combat and the fact that you have to backtrack through levels a bit to get to each primary mission destination.

Be that as it may, there are plenty of sidequests. In fact, if you loved the original Mass Effect that came out so many years ago, I think you'd really like this. It's not a particularly big game, but if you elect to go through the optional sidequests, you'll see that many of them link up with the main questline, something I don't see too often from big budget game titles nowadays. Many of the sidequests don't even seem that repetitive and will have completely voiced, unique dialogue, sometimes even from characters that would influence the main quest. You have many decisions you can make throughout the game that could potentially affect the storyline.

Honestly, while the graphics may be a bit old and the world size may be a bit small, the level design is amazing and I could clearly see the game developers were ambitious in creating the world. One of the major cities of the game, for example, features a city created throughout cliffs in a desert. It honestly looks beautiful to me. I just enjoy observing all of the little details put into the cities and levels. I often see big budget RPG titles getting released that will have good graphics, but poor level design. I found exploring the cities in this title for quests to be rather delightful. You have many skill trees and a crafting system to upgrade your equipment. There's plenty of customization options available.

I'm not particularly fond of all the unwarranted criticism that the game is getting. In fact, I could tell many of the larger reviewers barely played the game (
  19. Jul 2, 2016
    The Graphics could be better and facial expressions a bit outdated but the technomancer is still a fun ride and a very good sci fi experience that clearly got his inspiration from games like Dragon age, KOTOR, the witcher.

The story is good and the voice acting exceptional. If you feel like playing a big enough game like dragon age, exploring maps with side quests etc.. you could have fun in this one.
  20. Jul 7, 2016
    Ainda não terminei o jogo e não sou fluente em inglês (escrito), mas escreverei no meu idioma nativo.

O jogo é muito bom, algo que me faz pensar que canais como IGN são pagos pelas grande empresas de jogos para que seus jogos tenham boas notas enquanto o de empresas menores recebem notas injustas. Todos os "bugs" do jogo podem ser comparados e não são piores que os de skyrim. o jogo

Todos os "bugs" do jogo podem ser comparados e não são piores que os de skyrim. o jogo possui uma boa história e seus mapas lembram jogos da era mass effect, o que não é uma coisa ruim. O jogo não precisa ser de mundo aberto para ser bom.

O jogo possui algumas falhas, como missões repetitivas e bugs (ou erros) durante os diálogos onde os personagens do grupo ficam mal posicionados em relação ao personagem do jogador ou se movendo loucamente.

Tirando estas falhas, o jogo traz um sistema de karma que não é visto a muito tempo em games de RPG. Neste game você não possui ilusão de escolha, se não existe a opção de um desfecho alternativo, o jogo te dá apenas uma opção. Quando você tem mais de uma opção, você pode gerar histórias diferentes e ficar amigo ou inimigo de mais de duas facções dentro do game.

A história do jogo também é bem interessante, uma continuação e ao mesmo tempo "reboot" de mars war logs, trazendo alguns elementos do antigo game e referenciando missões e personagens do mesmo

Esta análise não é completa, porém posso garantir que este jogo merece um 10, mesmo com as falhas. Não vemos jogos com este nível de roleplay a muito tempo e isto para mim o destaca dos demais.
  21. Jul 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay is great overall. But it falls short on history and general diversity and content. Keep the work Spider, i believe the next will be the good one. Expand
  22. Jul 19, 2016
    Spider is back and following success of Mass Effect and Dragon Age
    nothing bad about it but sometime animation maybe look funny
    combat is better then previous games but still not good
    story telling is fresh and excite except revisiting place quests
    and the finally with contacting earth is surprising
  23. Aug 4, 2016
    Spyder's back at it again with almost the exact same game as their last two entries. It's fairly clear they have found their comfort point when it comes to games. While I do like these games, there is a certain amateur tinge to them that keeps me from recommending them wholeheartedly, along with them rarely living up to all of the game's promises.

First thing off the bat; Being a

First thing off the bat; Being a technomancer is kind of lame. Your power that makes people scared of you is basically the ability to shoot lightning. In a world that has guns. Boo. They make similar promises for games like Mars and Bound By Flame and rarely keep them though, so fans of the company won't be very surprised, just disappointed. However the characters and the story are fun and decently engaging, typical of Spyder as well.

If you are looking for a sci-fi action adventure there is little to steer you wrong here, I'm speaking more from a position of wishing that a promising company would step a bit out of it's comfort zone from time to time.
  24. Jun 30, 2016
    I have been playing this game for a while since release...love the atmosphere, story, skill tree, decision making, and just the overall feel of the game. If you like sci-fi or apocalyptic RPGs, then this is definitely one for you since I would classify it as both!

I made this account just to off set the overly harsh review from "professional" critics. Feel like this game deserves advocates! It definitely has flaws. Voice acting is not BAD, but definitely not up to par with ME3, or DAI. But honestly, I wouldnt put it too far behind witcher3, FO4 (especially the NPCs), and dragons age origins.

Combat needs to feel more precise, but is not a deal breaker and my hope is it will be tweaked in coming updates.

Honestly, its a fun game with great atmosphere and complex backstory. If you were interested in it because of the above criteria, then you wont be disappointed. :)

Also - for those with multimonitor (eyefinity, surround) - it works well! Horizonal+, but HUD is stretched a bit. Also crossfire works if you set the game to AFR friendly and turn off TAA to FXAA. Just in case anyone wanted some info on that.
  25. Jun 30, 2016
    The Technomancer
    Dragon Age in Space
    The Technomancer took me on a rollercoaster of emotions, and not necessarily in a good way... This game tells the story of a young technomancer living on mars… You eventually set out to find information on the planet earth… This is the games overall objective But of course there are others inhabiting mars that want this info as well.. They want
    The Technomancer
    Dragon Age in Space
    This game tells the story of a young technomancer living on mars…
    You eventually set out to find information on the planet earth…
    This is the games overall objective
    But of course there are others inhabiting mars that want this info as well..
    They want access to the technomancer secrets
    Being a technomancer means that you have these awesome electrical powers that the other residents on mars don’t…
    You do get to customize your technomancer in the beginning as well as start to build your specific mancer based on your play style..
    You can be a warrior, rogue, or guardian…
    Basically you can choose quick close combat, quick and ranged combat, or guarded close combat...
    All of which can be switched to mid combat just by changing your fighting stance
    But you’re better off sticking to one style
    I personally dumped all of my skill points into the warrior and technomancer skill tree, upgraded my electrical powers and staff attacks…
    I wasn’t too big of a fan of the game during its first few hours..
    The amount of choices and skill perks were far too overwhelming for me to grasp at first, leaving me to believe that maybe introducing the skill tree at the start of the game wasn’t too great of an idea...
    youre practically asked to make a choice on something you have no idea about…
    But as the game went on, by hour 5 I was hooked…
    Leveling up felt satisfying and addicting as any good rpg should…
    The story also started to get its hooks in me as I was learning about all of the characters who enhabited mars.
    This game is most comparable to dragon age…
    This isn’t necessarily an open world game, but an open hub game where you travel from hub to hub to complete tasks and take out enemies along your way for xp and loot…
    You also have the choice to drain your fallen enemies for serum which is a currency on mars...
    The only issue though is that doing this will kill that person and life is still valued on mars... and doing so will give you bad karma…
    And all of this may seem like it doesn’t matter, but much like dragon age you also have companions with you..
    You can bring any 2 along and change their weapon and gear, but they pay attention to every choice you make as you play the game, and if they don’t agree with your decisions they can and will leave you...
    So if you do get attached to any of your companions make sure you listen to them and try to stay on their good side..
    Which can be done by helping carry out their requests in side missions, or to choose the answer they feel is best during a main quest...
    The best is that their kills do count towards your xp, so they never feel like they get in the way of your progress and are great to have by your side….
    My biggest issues with this game is its combat and lack of overall variety…
    Combat is probably the least satisfying aspect of this game…
    You do have awesome moves depending on the skills you choose to unlock, but the weapons stay the same throughout just with different stats... you can upgrade your weapons through crafting, but even if you pour your skill points into crafting you still have to find the diagrams to craft a new part… and the world really isn’t engaging enough to want to go out and do this…
    Because by hour 15 of 25 this game really starts to get boring as it takes your nowhere new
    you’ll go to 3 different hub cities throughout the games campaign but for all 25 hours you’re going back and forth between the same 3 places….
    You literally get a task, complete it, are told to return to a city to update your progress, then are told to go back to the same place to do something else, then told to comeback, then you’re told to go to a different place, complete, come back, go back to the first place comeback rinse and repeat for 25 hours…
    I got so tired of walking through the same paths over and over…the scenery literally doesn’t change from hour 1 to hour 25 other than the city you return to to turn your mission progress in..
    And the worst is you have to fight the exact same enemies in the exact same place over and over and over…
    and the combat itself can feel super cheap and frustrating at times and is really trash…
    The hit detection is straight up garbage..
    Enemies don’t really have a block animation.. Your attacks just sometimes won’t do damage when you can clearly see your staff going right through them…
    This poor hit detection greatly hinders any sense of satisfaction as you pull off cool moves and dodge your enemy’s attacks…
    Meanwhile you don’t have this luxury…
    if their weapon hits you - you’re taking damage no questions asked…
    And any area can definitely have you out numbered with multiple heavies or ranged enemies which will lead to constant deaths even on the games easiest difficulty...
    And if you do die in the middle of a city you have to restart from where you entered the city, and guess what?
    Fight the enemies you already fought...
    This can thankfully be overcome by manually saving after you complete an enemy encounter as this game only AutoSaves when you climb a ladder or open a door….
    But when you come back later they will be back...
    Even if you kill them…
    Honestly I think choosing to kill for the bad karma but in return not having to deal with that creature or human enemy anymore would’ve really made the choice of kill or not much more meaningful and consequential… But unfortunately, this choice doesn’t go that deep… The combat highlight is definitely the games bosses… But you don’t have to do much to defeat them other than spam attacks and dodge… Every encounter especially the final encounters all ultimately feel anti-climactic… There’s a lot to do in the technomancer… There’s just not enough variety to want to do it all… I Give the Technomancer a 6.5/10
  26. Jul 5, 2016
    Summary Review: Like all previous Spider Games, Technomancer has a lot of potential yet it lacks the polish. Most of its content feels served in a raw, uncooked form - an amalgam of flavors that sometimes hits, but more often misses. Yet taken for what it is - a budget AA title - I can certainly recommend it during a sale.

Overall Score: 6/10 Story: 6/10 Gameplay: 6/10 Dialogue and

Graphics: 7/10

--------------------
    Long Review:
    --------------------

After finishing the Tehcnomancer I have a bag of mixed feelings about this title. It certainly was enjoyable - for the most part - yet I can't shake the feeling that with some more polish it would've turned into a memorable game.

Technomancer starts of great, with a prologue and chapter 1 that has tons of content, lore and chararacters for you to discover. Yet amidst all that content it misses two of the most essential things in RPG games: context and a lore book. Too many times you are told about organizations or people that you have no idea who or what they are, yet the game treats it like you are super familiar with. It gets even more frustrating when you have to decide the fate of a person you just met minutes ago and of which you know next to nothing. I'm not sure if the fault lies with the writers or it's just content that got cut due to lack of time, but it feels like watching a sequel movie without having watched the original.

Gameplay wise technomancer feels like a mix between dragon age 2 and witcher 3. Your adventure is shared with 2 other companions, which - for what is worth - are remarkly well done. I was quite impressed when having a specific companion helped to solve quests (that otherwise would require fighting) or offered insights into why certain events happened. Sadly, your interaction with them is quite limited in terms of personal dialogue, yet even so I could definitely see unique personalities from each of them.

Combat is a bit hard at the begining, but once you level up and get deeper into a skill tree it becomes less of a challenge and more of a tedium. The most annoying part is how often enemies respawn - almost always whenever you reload the map - making it quite frustrating when you gotta kill the same moles/insects just to navigate the underworks. As far as animations are concerned, I was quite impressed by the quality, especially for the staff style - they are gracious and fluid, and I'm curious which stunt actor they used to mocap them!

Story is relatively interesting, but predictable and it suffers from the lack of context I mentioned earlier. Without that it is really hard to get emotionally involved for a character os group you know nothing of. It also looks like the devs focused most of their efforts on chapter 1 and 2; As detailed and full of content as they are, chapter 3 and 4 feel like the total opposite - a rushed, streamlined experience that feels half done. It's a shame, especially since the end is supposed to be grand and philosophical, yet gets so rushed so badly that it feels you watch a trailer for a TV-shows season finale, after having invested time in all the previous episodes.

All in all, Technomancer is not a bad game, but not a great one either. It falls on the 'meh' side with a bit of special favor, just enough to justify buying it during a sale.
  27. Jun 30, 2016
    The Technomancer es un juego interesante. La ambientación está muy bien conseguida, las habilidades son muy llamativas y le dan un toque muy dinámico, así como la toma de decisiones, que lo convierten en un título muy atractivo.Pese a todo el título no es perfecto y peca como todos los juegos del género con misiones secundarias insulsas y repetitivas, los gráficos son mejorables y la IA esThe Technomancer es un juego interesante. La ambientación está muy bien conseguida, las habilidades son muy llamativas y le dan un toque muy dinámico, así como la toma de decisiones, que lo convierten en un título muy atractivo.Pese a todo el título no es perfecto y peca como todos los juegos del género con misiones secundarias insulsas y repetitivas, los gráficos son mejorables y la IA es nefasta. Expand
  28. Jul 5, 2016
    Looked good.Isn't good.Good idea,bad execution.Nothing stands out,everything is forgetful.Setting and factions are interesting sometimes,nothing else.No variety.Backtracking is the worst.Borrowed elements from other oldeeerrr games and made worse,instead of bulding it into something better.Unused potential in all forms.
  29. Jul 3, 2016
    Despite 3 issues (1) you will drain a lot of baddies unintentionally 2) use the map non stop because there is no waypoint 3) poor performance with bad shadows and faces IMO this is one of the BEST games i have played in the LAST FEW YEARS: combat , story, settings, all deep and rewarding,. Disclaimer . i HATE popular rPGs like the super BORING WITCHER, MASS Effect, souls and SUCKDespite 3 issues (1) you will drain a lot of baddies unintentionally 2) use the map non stop because there is no waypoint 3) poor performance with bad shadows and faces IMO this is one of the BEST games i have played in the LAST FEW YEARS: combat , story, settings, all deep and rewarding,. Disclaimer . i HATE popular rPGs like the super BORING WITCHER, MASS Effect, souls and SUCK at fighting micromanaging teams, crafting etc. but this game managed to make me interested in all of that, there is nothing wrong with the combat, i you want a movie go play batman! Expand
  30. Feb 20, 2017
    Brilliant. Whilst it hasn't got the polish or smoothness of Mass Effect, it's definitely up there with it for quality RPG enjoyment. What the game does so well is give you that immersive feel to lose yourself in through great music, great environments, and a fresh feeling plot. But it doesn't stop there, that is also backed up by cracking combat (although character build does affect that -Brilliant. Whilst it hasn't got the polish or smoothness of Mass Effect, it's definitely up there with it for quality RPG enjoyment. What the game does so well is give you that immersive feel to lose yourself in through great music, great environments, and a fresh feeling plot. But it doesn't stop there, that is also backed up by cracking combat (although character build does affect that - and playing as a Rogue made my experience a lot more enjoyable) and interesting characters. The missions and whole game feel episodic, and the relationship which you develop between your commanders, companions and other characters become the real focus of the game alongside political shifts, with the missions serving as a great vehicle to bind all that together. It's a criminally underrated game, and personally I've found it to be the best PS4 game which I've played so far. It's definitely flawed, and there are jarring moments which highlight the gulf between this & an AAA game. But they are fairly rare, whereas the "man this is awesome" moments are a lot more common. If you like action-RPGs this is simply a must buy. Expand
  31. Jun 13, 2017
    I personally have to say I have LOVED all of Spiders releases. They create TRUE RPG's in the finest traditions of Dragon Age and Mass Effect and Fallout. i don't understand nor do I care about the "professional" critics poor reviews because they got it and get it wrong, 85% time anyway.

I and my fellow users BUY the games, so we are the ones that COUNT and Matter!
  32. Jul 2, 2017
    The Technomancer holds a lot of potential, yet these promising settings cannot justify the poorly executed final outcome desperately lacking charm and polish.
  33. Oct 16, 2016
    Me agradou o tema de tecnomago futurista. Geralmente esse desenvolvedora faz games medianos mas estão a melhorar com o tempo. O jogo tem uma bela arvore de habilidades, itens customisaveis em quantidade rasoavel.Pontos negativos são pela historia cliche e pela camera nos combates que atrapalha as vezes. È jogavel caso tu goste muito de RPG e não tenha nada melhor do genero no momento.
  34. Jun 27, 2017
    A game that may not be ALL bad, but sure is marred by a large number of horrible design decisions. Repetitive areas with semi-instant respawn. Minimal enemy variety. Terrible stealth mechanics. Broken story with unexplained/skipped sections. Enemies that instantly forget about you in the middle of combat and merrily go back to their default location if you only move ten feet away. BrainA game that may not be ALL bad, but sure is marred by a large number of horrible design decisions. Repetitive areas with semi-instant respawn. Minimal enemy variety. Terrible stealth mechanics. Broken story with unexplained/skipped sections. Enemies that instantly forget about you in the middle of combat and merrily go back to their default location if you only move ten feet away. Brain dead AI companions that seem completely unable to help out in combat (at least they draw an enemy or two away from you). Most of all, your supposedly super powerful character is actually a wimp that goes down much quicker than even the low rank mooks that infest the streets. The game is not really difficult, but it never gives you the pleasure of feeling a super soldier.
    All in all, while the story is not bad and did keep me interested enough to complete the game, by the end I was bored out of my mind and yearned for something better.
  35. Dec 6, 2017
    This game is a solid game. I truly enjoyed playing. It is a achievement in it's own right for me to play a Sci-fy game. I like the structure of the skill trees, I also liked the weapons and combat. The story was okay but not fantastic. The Graphics are really nice, which is a plus. Solid A game.
  36. Sep 10, 2019
    Любитель рпг но не осилил, прошел где то половину, графон шляпа, боёвка шляпа, квесты унылое **** бегаешь туда, сюда... в общем скучная игра, времени потраченного не стоит.

1. Oct 21, 2016
    The Technomancer is one of those rare games in modern gaming industry. Medium budget games with AAA ambition in mind. The game offers a rich sci-fi world with tons of lore and meaningful choices, but it’s combat can be a great hit and miss and it’s graphics seem outdated. It does everything in adequate fashion, but nothing in spectacular way. We need more games like this one.
  2. CD-Action
    Sep 16, 2016
    The game offers five endings but I’m sure most players will not even see one, because The Technomancer is disappointingly shallow, confined and devoid of passion. [09/2016, p.42]
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Aug 23, 2016
    Synopsis of story looks promising: Mars, secrets of technomancers, government conspiracies, etc. – but in practice it’s incredibly bland, lacking both interesting characters and twists. Same goes for tasks: the game will make you protect dumb NPCs, find N spies before time is up, and, of course, complete a truckload of fetch quests. [Issue#211, p.64]