7.9

1. Feb 3, 2020
    By far, the best single-player for VR on this day. It is polished and you can feel that the game is done properly. Dev's made an interesting depth into different game mechanics and I will definitely purchase their next game. If you are a VR owner, this one is a must buy.
  2. Jan 25, 2020
    I love this game, it's like if you really were into the game. If you enjoy with zombies, this is your game. If you like the walking dead, it will be the best game you ever play with the VR.
    Everything seems to be real.
    The graphics are just fine, not the best graphics you will ever see, but its ok. The sound is incredible, terrifying, it feels like if you were there, surrounded by
    Everything seems to be real.
    The sound is incredible, terrifying, it feels like if you were there, surrounded by zombies.
    The gameplay is just amazing.
    I have only have good words for this game
  3. Jan 24, 2020
    Truly a great experience so far. The environment is alive and full of so much detail. The game also has great movement making for a great immersed gaming experience. The walking dead allows you to really get and understanding of what it would be like to survive during a zombie appocolypse.
  4. Jan 24, 2020
    Seriously, best game ever!!! Love the world, depth of character, and most of all zombie dismemberment! 10 out of 10! I'm looking forward to more edgy VR games from this studio.
  5. Jan 23, 2020
    This game is a lot of fun! Such and adrenaline rush! And the physics! I look forward to increasing my skills and upping my likelihood of surviving a real apocalypse.
  6. Jan 24, 2020
    Entirely smooth and polished, graphics are artsy and beautiful, and the mechanics and weapons are thoughtful with design. It reminds me of Last Of Us for VR. Slow based, story driven, survival zombie game.
  7. Jan 24, 2020
    First of all I'm horrible with horror games, but somehow I can play this, even though it's in VR and really well done. I've been watching videos of this game for months and hyping myself up for the launch (dangerous, I know), yet the game lives up to my hype and exceeds it. Best game made so far for virtual reality in my opinion. Liked this way more than AW. All the mechanics are so wellFirst of all I'm horrible with horror games, but somehow I can play this, even though it's in VR and really well done. I've been watching videos of this game for months and hyping myself up for the launch (dangerous, I know), yet the game lives up to my hype and exceeds it. Best game made so far for virtual reality in my opinion. Liked this way more than AW. All the mechanics are so well done and intricate. You really feel like your trying to survive the apocalypse, with limited resources and weapons breaking. Zombies are terrifying when your indoors and clearing the rooms one by one. Zombies outside don't give me much issues as I feel like I can see everyone, but the feeling that any time you're indoor a zombie can pounce you is terrifying, yet something keeps me soldiering on and checking all the rooms until my backback is full, after that I bolt fast. You can't take too long either since the bell will start to ring after while and hordes of zombies will arrive. Love this game! Definitely worth the purchase and the developers deserve all the support. Also the devs confirmed that it will be a cross-buy for the quest, which is bloody awesome! Haven't even finished the game and I'm already longing for a DLC! Keep up the good work! Expand
  8. Jan 24, 2020
    Outstanding experience. Never was stabbing zombies this immersive. If you want to know how rick or michone feels in their skin, play this.
  9. Feb 2, 2020
    A totally awesome, must have VR experience! There are so many ways to kill zombies. You can really get dark with the different weapons you can use to dismember you zombie. The VR experience doesn't get you motion sick at all! I have been in it for hours with no affect. It can be played sitting down or standing, both have been great!

I really hope they bring in coop in the future! The

I really hope they bring in coop in the future! The game is a gem to play in vr and a great adventure to experience!
  10. Mar 31, 2020
    Its a great game i love the mechanics of the game i would greatly recommend it
  11. Jan 25, 2020
    Hello. I would like to express that I am playing the game and and that I am really disappointed and nervous.

First of all, the game has nothing to do with promotional videos. This is a scam that really frustrates and makes people feel angry and deceived! Technical critics are already many. You read from them. We will talk about something else and more serious. When he was at the

We will talk about something else and more serious. When he was at the beginning of the game, a little bit advanced and a zombie attack happened while he had just acquired the knife and gun. I didn't know what happened, my knife broke and fell to the ground. I couldn't get it again and I couldn't find it!

Not only that. With one bullet left, I fired and finished. I immediately tried to fill the bullet. But what a cure! It is as if this treacherous game that does not want you to die and progress is filling the bullets one by one, it bursts the bullet of the six guns! I filled a bullet, and while I was running away and trying to fill more bullets, I was running out of energy and I stopped officially! Sure zombies stop! How many are coming at once. I couldn't fill the bullet, I couldn't get the gun I got from the ground because of the attack, and I died helplessly.

But the strangeness is here, when I start the game again, I had neither a knife nor a gun! I said, "Is this going to happen? Let me take it from where I dropped it." This time I could not find anywhere. It turns out that you went to a backpack icon next to where you died and got your supplies from there! Of course, if you don't die until you get there! Anyway, we went around. But there was only a knife in it. There was no weapon again. And we're dead again!

This is not how it goes and this game is not played like this, we downloaded the trainer from the internet. With unlimited life and ammo, we could supposedly play and enjoy the game comfortably. But what wander! We never got a gun again! Neither explodes, nor shotgun. There are none of them, but believe me, for 2-3 hours, he brought me the ammunition of different weapons! In the meantime, broken, broken weapons and shotguns appear as you make fun of it! I even said to kill a person who has a gun in two times and get his gun. I saw that the weapon that fell on the ground after the man died was deliberately broken by the game and I was crazy!

No story, no intermediate videos, or no intermediate videos! I do not know where the video in this promotional video is animated and which makes you think that the game has great adventure and visuality. I don't think it's somewhere in the game!

In-game visuals and gameplay are really troublesome and gameplay, as we mentioned above, is very dire as we have not seen in any game. I came somewhere and now I had to stop. I got tired of getting killed with the spoons and screwdrivers I found the zombies, and the iron I found later. Because you have no other purpose and story! Ha, do not take things like bricks and iron candle holders around you for nothing. They're not doing anything when you throw them and hit them in the head. Oh, they're causing you to die!

I really stepped out of the game with the feeling of being seriously angry and deceived, and I could not take my speed and see it at work, I wrote them to inform everyone.

I would never have gone this far without the trainer. Maybe I couldn't move on but I would be upset that there were beautiful scenes ahead! But thanks to the trainer, I saw that there was nothing other than killing stupid zombies in empty spaces, after advancing 7 episodes in the game. And they called it an enormous 15-hour game! It takes up 40 GB of space! I am really unable to explain this. If you play 15 hours, write it, let's find out!
    But 2-3 hours of pointless disgrace and effort were enough. FYI .. Don't worry about looking at the promotional videos of this game and buying your money. I would say 60 lira on Steam and free for $ 40 on Oculus and almost buy it. I learned that this game is paying you! Therefore, stay away from buying. It is not like my frustration because yours!
  12. Apr 28, 2020
    This is a really amazing vr zombie game, it is great in every way, must play!
  13. Jan 30, 2020
    I got this game on day 1. Been thinking about it everyday since then.
    It's a very good mix of fun combat mechanics, spooky scares, grinding / crafting for supplies... and allows the player to either take their time or run around like a mad man. Either style of playing feels fun!
    I got this game on day 1. Been thinking about it everyday since then.

I could recommend this game to almost everyone... unless you really can't handle zombies. I am fine with horror games but must admit - sometimes I'd freak out a bit. Really good stuff.
  14. Feb 5, 2020
    Amazing game which throw you in the world of the walking dead, where every action you do is as realistic as it comes. It is a masterpiece among the walking dead game franchise.
  15. Q22
    Feb 17, 2020
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners is so amazing, I really enjoyed the game.
  16. Feb 20, 2020
    I really REALLY wanted to give this game a 10 and truthfully as far as effort and execution goes it deserves it.

Let me explain as a VR game this game is a masterpiece of it's time (2020.) This feels like the most ambitious and realized VR game I've played or seen yet. The reason it "only" gets an 8 is as a normal game it's unimpressive compared to it's 2D brethren. If you compare

If you compare everything to it's flat counterparts you'll see what I mean.

Now for the review

This game is stylized in Telltale's The Walking Deads graphics. It works way better than I expected in VR and it
    felt real despite it's cartoon inspiration.

The gameplay is fantastic the maps are not too linear with multiple paths and makes each zone feel like a miniature open world. It has a unique mechanic involving a bell that if you stay in an area too long the undead will just swarm the map making it super hard to survive.
    You collect items in a backpack with limited slots. What you find and can carry can change everything you really feel like you're scavenging to survive simply because you are!
    Everything feels nice. Climbing, running, hiding, grabbing, storing, and healing, all is interactive and feels amazing.

Sound design is fantastic a nice light ambient soundtrack that doesn't interfere with the natural sounds you need to listen to in order to survive.

Thanks to VR this makes it one of the best game experiences I've had.
  17. Mar 8, 2020
    As for the VR tech side of it, it's a great game, but it's got some majorly annoying design decisions. Looks like a large part of the effort was spent on making fighting zombies feel good while dealing with other human characters was put on the back burner and it shows. The 'stealth' mechanics' are horrible, combat with humans feels equally painful to deal with. Crafting is neat butAs for the VR tech side of it, it's a great game, but it's got some majorly annoying design decisions. Looks like a large part of the effort was spent on making fighting zombies feel good while dealing with other human characters was put on the back burner and it shows. The 'stealth' mechanics' are horrible, combat with humans feels equally painful to deal with. Crafting is neat but collecting the materials begins to feel tedious as it's all just a ton of random junk to fill your inventory with. The levels all mostly look the same with a few large structures to make an area feel unique. Expand
  18. Mar 10, 2020
    Try to make this short and sweet if I can. Played using a Intel i9 9900K, 16GB DDR4-3200, 2080Ti, 2TB nVME, and Oculus Rift CV1 with quad sensors. Game version is the Update #5.

First the good parts. inventory system works pretty well. Decent amount of starting space. Performance is decent and I haven't had any technical issues. Killing zombies feels satisfying enough. Not as

First the good parts.

inventory system works pretty well. Decent amount of starting space.

Performance is decent and I haven't had any technical issues.

Killing zombies feels satisfying enough. Not as good as Blade and Sorcery though.

Locations feel decently real in their layout and design.

Upgrade and crafting system are handled well. Not the best but simple and engaging enough.

Bandaging system is pretty cool...having to physically wrap the bandage is pretty immersive. Defintely a first and great VR choice.

Now the mediocre:

Graphics are not impressive in the slightest. Very cartoony approach (think the Telltales games) and the textures and models are very low quality. The level of detail draw distance is also horrible. Things like vehicles will dramatically tranform their quality several times as you approach within like 15 feet. Super noticeable and for such low quality graphics already having everything be max quality all the time would take very little performance hit.

Resource gathering and collecting is pretty ho-hum. It works well enough but all you're practically doing 90% of the time playing is just collection bullstuff, dropping off bullstuff one by one in your little recycling bin, then going out to refill on more bullstuff...rinse and repeat. I'm not necessarily marking this as "bad" because it does work well and hunting and gathering can lead to interesting locations and areas but it's still a slog game play wise and time wise.

Weapons feel OK but just that...don't expect anything past very basic combat and interactions there in.

The world while seemingly interesting and mysterious is pretty shallow with very little to actually do outside resource gathering or the occasional side mission.

--------

Now onto the bad and there's a good bit:

Stamina system is garbage. I get maybe the running part but my arms gettign tired should depend on my own arms...I don't get tired after swinging a knife a few times. The stamina bar takes too long to refill and the permanent drain of it just limits this poor system even more.

Health is handled poorly as well. You take too much damage and it too has a deminishing "max" just like the stamina bar.

The weapons have a use limit before breaking but the limit is ridiculous. Not that I've EVER agreed with mechanics like these (show me any steel knife that literally becomes useless after even 100 uses!) but this game takes it too far. A crowbar breaks. A crowbar can survive a nuclear blast.

The level of interaction and things to do pretty much sucks. You gather resources and maybe help/kill some random NPC. The story is pretty weak and everything just feels so...empty. So video game like. Once I got sick of repetitous resource gathering and just used a trainer for unlimited resources the game was fun for like an hour before there was just nothing left to do or accomplish. Sure I cheated and unlocked late level stuff early but my God...I couldn't imagine playing long enough or caring enough to unlock half this stuff. In other works, it's just there to pad the game out.

There's a bunch of other little minor annoyances as well like no head mounted light, no way to adjust the position of anything on your person like your item slots, gotta unload inventory items one by one...just little stuff the break the immersion of a VR game.

--------

So yeah over all it's just OK...barely. Sure production values are higher than most but it's still a mediocre game and experience still. Graphics are pretty bad, weapons and weapon handling is pretty poor, the world puts on a false sense of depth but is very shallow.

Not bad for a few hours for sure...you'll HAVE FUN...but in the end I think it was pretty pointless, time consuming, and little to no reward.
  19. Feb 12, 2020
    EDIT: This review was written before I found out I had forgotten to trigger the main missions by adjusting the antenna on the radio in the bus. This lead me to 8 hours of survival and scavenging through the different locations. No NPC's around other than the random NPC's asking for bandages. I eventually maxed out the crafting benches and that's when I thought to myself "I wonder if myEDIT: This review was written before I found out I had forgotten to trigger the main missions by adjusting the antenna on the radio in the bus. This lead me to 8 hours of survival and scavenging through the different locations. No NPC's around other than the random NPC's asking for bandages. I eventually maxed out the crafting benches and that's when I thought to myself "I wonder if my game is broken". Up until that point I had one helluwa good time just experiencing the locations as described below. I then found out I had never actually triggered the game to start! So now I am back at location one, maxed out. The samurai zombie slayer is coming for ya! HAHA! I love this game. I can absolutely recommend trying to play it without triggering the main storyline. It's such an atmospheric experience.

----- Original review -----

What I love most about this game is the exploration. The sneaking around, entering houses, looting stuff. Then hearing the rasped wheezing of a zombie nearby, stop in your tracks and figure out where it's coming from. Then either sneak on or plan your attack. Each time you wander out, you prepare. Craft tools and weapons. Put them where you can reach them. Shotgun on the back, knife on the side. And maybe a sidearm as well. You are ready! The adventure is waiting, and it's good. Very good.

The physical presence and interaction is top-notch. I love the press-button-to-crouch approach. It works very well. And it feels so natural to climb over obstacles, up drainpipes, ladders and shimmer along ledges. The controls haven't failed me once when playing. It just works so damn well! And the press-button-to-reverse-knife is so useful! It's one of those things you don't want to have fail you, so I love they implemented that. You can still throw it and catch it if you want, but it's there as a convenience.

Love the free movement and rotation. All games should work like this.

I hope this game sets the bar for any VR game going forward. Get this game, you'll love it!
  20. Jan 25, 2020
    Definitely a Must buy if you have VR. Complete game with story, sidequests with gray morale you can even choose answers in conversations you are not a dummy, you can make your own decisions.
    Graphics, sound, game mechanics and level disign is very good.
  21. Feb 8, 2021
    Just the right amount of challenge and long enough to satisfy me but keep me wanting more.
    Very polished but extremely simple mechanics. Very 'small' story set in the Walking Dead world.
  22. Feb 6, 2020
    This game is a masterpiece. I've been playing a couple hours every night and can't believe how immersive it is. I really love the survival and scrapping aspects and how nervous I get when a swarm comes at me. Highly recommend checking this out
  23. Feb 28, 2021
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners attempts to bring a more traditionally AAA experience to the Quest 2 - it's a 'proper' game with a respectably long story and strong game mechanics.

On the gameplay side, it mostly delivers. The melee combat is visceral and satisfying, and although the gunplay took me some practice to get used to, it too is great fun. Looting dark buildings with the threat of walkers around every corner is tense, and fighting larger groups of them out in the open can give you quite a rush. Escaping from an unbeatable horde by the skin of your teeth can be a truly intense experience. Fighting human enemies isn't always as satisfying, as their AI is pretty laughable at times. I've been crouched right below someone, pointing a gun to their face and they were completely unaware of my presence. At other times though, they can shoot you with pinpoint accuracy.

Frustratingly, the game can be quite buggy and otherwise just janky in places. I've had to follow a character into battle only for him to get stuck on an obstacle and leave me to fight alone. Later in that same mission, I suddenly left my body and floated in the air, unable to move, see my arms or do anything but reload a save. My tracking was working fine so I can only assume this was the game at fault rather than the hardware. Annoyances like these crop up quite frequently, and there were plenty of minor graphical glitches too.

Speaking of, the graphics are okay for a game of this size running on the Quest 2. It looks about as good as you could expect from a portable headset, but the art style is so grey and plain that the environments can get a little tiring.

The story is decent; being able to make my own decisions kept me invested in it, and I appreciate the freedom you have in deciding the fates of everyone. You can kill every NPC you come across, including those with more prominent roles in the story. You're given a few choices at the end of the game but it wraps up so quickly that you don't get to feel the ramifications of anything - a more fleshed out conclusion would've been great. Even so, the final mission is full of action and it's really fun. It ups the stakes and moves at an exciting pace.

Overall, I liked Saints & Sinners. It has its issues - bugs and boring, samey environments chief among them - but it's mechanics are really strong. The catharsis of braining a walker or blasting someone away with a pump shotgun is amplified by physics which inject physicality and a bit of realism into the game's combat. It's a pretty fun title.

Played on Oculus Quest 2.
  24. Jan 25, 2020
    This game is so fun!

Melee combat is very responsive and juicy. Hitting zombie with an axe is so much satisfying. Gungame is fine, it works well and has it's own depth. But, boy oh boy, the atmosphere is fantastic. Looting abandoned dark houses with a small poket light, listening to environment, gives a very strong Silent Hill vibes, ruined city looks so sleepy and empty in the
    This game is so fun!

But, boy oh boy, the atmosphere is fantastic. Looting abandoned dark houses with a small poket light, listening to environment, gives a very strong Silent Hill vibes, ruined city looks so sleepy and empty in the morning and become more and more intimidating closer to the dusk. Zombies look incredibly terrifying, they are proper nasty ugly undead creatures from L4D series.

TWDS&S definitely has some cons, such as vague quest descriptions, slow junk grind and guns feels a bit weak, some other interactions feel a bit clunky too.

But overall experience is great. I definitely want to play more and can recommend for every VR user.
  25. Feb 5, 2020
    A true masterpiece way ahead of its time. If every game had such in depth crafting, movement, combat, and immersion, then VR would no longer be the wave of the future. The future would be today.
  26. Jan 24, 2020
    Best vr game so far for me. Good physics. Good graphics. I love the twinkie reference!
  27. Feb 7, 2021
    Very good VR game. Relatively long, with great zombie killing mechanics, weapons, crafting etc. I must say it is in top 5 best VR games for me so far. Recommend!
  28. Jan 25, 2022
    Game not very good. It shouldn't have the Walking Dead Tag line. Other then the NPC looking like looters from TWD. It's just a Zombie bandit game with a bad story. I wear glass and this game is still too Dark. You will walk by so much ♥♥♥♥ due to so. You have a flashlight but know one wants to jerk them self every 10 - 20 sec.
    Best thing is killing zombie. They did do that good. When the
    Best thing is killing zombie. They did do that good. When the horde of zombies come. Just run. You can't kill them all.
    GG 3 Bacon ~ ~ ~
  29. Jan 8, 2022
    Game won't even open with Quest 2. Devs haven't even fixed it and I'm not the only one with this mistake. It won't work with AirLink nor Virtual Desktop. Stay away from this sh 1 t.
  30. Jan 29, 2020
    As far as VR games goes, this is by far one of the more polished and crafted. I'm not a big fan of horror games but I really enjoy the TWD universe so this was an easy "must play now" for me. Some of the mechanics are bit "gamey" but the immersive environments and story-telling pull you back in. I'm really enjoying it!
  31. Jan 29, 2020
    Brutal, engaging, and a hell of a time! A large open world where choices matter, exploration is a must, and survival is tough. Explore by day, return to home base by night or risk losing your supplies to the hordes that come as the evening church bells ring.
  32. Feb 1, 2020
    The games beyond good. Replayability is amazing but some but need to be ironed out. Some human NPCs try and successfully to shoot you through hard surfaces and the player detections a bit buggy but it's an amazing game. I though boneworks was going to be the closest thing well ever get to a complete single player expearience but you can play this game for ages. I hope they polish the gamesThe games beyond good. Replayability is amazing but some but need to be ironed out. Some human NPCs try and successfully to shoot you through hard surfaces and the player detections a bit buggy but it's an amazing game. I though boneworks was going to be the closest thing well ever get to a complete single player expearience but you can play this game for ages. I hope they polish the games and add new modes to play like some kind of survival mode but the campaign is is top tier Expand
  33. Feb 3, 2020
    An Amazing game, It's been a long time since I have had this much fun from a game. It's a little hard and you might die a couple of times, but I recommend it to anyone that has a VR headset!
  34. Feb 5, 2020
    Game is super life like, creates the concept taht you are truly there and being chased. I can't get enough of it, it's truly a masterpiece.
  35. Feb 5, 2020
    A true next level VR experience. The first time a door broke with zombies rushing at me I dropped my gun in a panic and died. 10/10! No better way to describe this then a VR masterpiece.
  36. Feb 5, 2020
    Great immersive game that let me truly experience how I will do in a zombie apocalypse (not very well). Overall this is a great game, it would be a masterpiece if not for the limitations of the current vr systems with their bulky controllers, wires, and space limitations, that takes me out of my immersion from this intense game.
  37. Feb 5, 2020
    Your going to love this game. Im not done with the game yet but its a masterpiece if Ive ever seen one. They really nailed the feeling of killing zombies. "So anyway, I started blasting..."
  38. Feb 5, 2020
    VR games don't get better than this. Top of the line quality across the board - from voice acting, to interactions, to storyline, to combat, to crafting. This game has it all. Saints & Sinners stands alone. As close to a masterpiece as we can get in the current generation!
  39. Feb 5, 2020
    Just beat this game and this is the first time in a game where I actually was sweating. Should i do this? What happens if I do that? If I were to point out what is the best part of this masterpiece, I would have to say it's how immersive this game can be, even better now with the added physical crouching. Gotta love it with the devs actually take the time to respond to the community.
  40. Feb 5, 2020
    Really enjoy the intensity of this game. I feel like I'm being hunted down by zombies! The world of Walking dead has never felt so real. Masterpiece of a game.
  41. Feb 5, 2020
    I have to say, it's not very often you can collect the heads of all your enemies in your base. Adding to that the ability to climb some buildings to get in though windows is awesome! The game is already nearly a masterpiece, really hope to see future DLC story packs!
  42. Feb 5, 2020
    Masterpiece incoming! I can't stop playing! The action feels so visceral and satisfying. Exactly what I wanted for a zombie hunt. Ok I've stopped playing for long enough. Back to the death fest!
  43. Feb 6, 2020
    I am mind-blown about this games, initially I thought this game was just going to be a hack and slash experience. But i was surprise with the story content and the morale questioning choices that you have to make. It is a masterpiece among the Vr games out there at the moment a true hidden gem.
  44. Feb 7, 2020
    I'm really surprised by this game. I wasn't expecting it to work so well in VR. I really like the exploration aspect. I also love the fact that you can sneak around instead of fighting head-on. Applause to the devs. They made a masterpiece.
  45. Feb 6, 2020
    Check this game out for sure. I may only have 1.5 hours here, but I have a lot more on the Oculus store. This game built up hype perfectly, and rightfully so. The game is beautiful, actually has a great story, with sidequests, and other things you can do after the game has finished. It's not like Arizona, where you can't walk, can't stab zombies with spoons, broken bottles, axes, shivs,Check this game out for sure. I may only have 1.5 hours here, but I have a lot more on the Oculus store. This game built up hype perfectly, and rightfully so. The game is beautiful, actually has a great story, with sidequests, and other things you can do after the game has finished. It's not like Arizona, where you can't walk, can't stab zombies with spoons, broken bottles, axes, shivs, kitchen knifes or even walk around. Everything I just listed is something that Arizona can't do, while S&S can. The developers are frequently pushing out updates to the consumers liking. For example, not many people enjoyed the fact you couldn't crouch irl, and it made them feel less immersive. They've fixed that. Also, for streamers there's separate options, and for people who want to feel more immersed, there's an option that can make the zombies respond to YOU. (By that, I mean they'll react to the sounds coming from your mic) Expand
  46. Feb 7, 2020
    One of the best VR experiences so far. Immersion is key. You feel fear because of the ambientation.
  47. Feb 9, 2020
    Hands down the best VR experience I have had, it is so realistic feeling. Max tension. It freaks me out in a good way but at first I didnt think I would be able to handle it. Cant recommend enough.
  48. Feb 22, 2020
    One of the best games out there in VR. Its price is also worth its length compared to other VR experiences. It gives you the actual feeling of being in danger 360degrees like in actual zombie situations! Very immersive and thrilling. Story and combat-mechanics are top-notch for me which is what's important in a game.
  49. Feb 25, 2020
    I would never expect this level of detail or depth with a VR game but we are clearly ready for the next wave of games!
  50. Mar 9, 2020
    To sum up the game in one word: Stunning.
    To sum up the game in one word: Stunning.
    As one of the few Triple AAA VR games on the market, it's absolutely incredible. Its not a port but a game built entirely for VR which is rare enough out of the current market of VR and for a series I've been a fan of since the release of the first issue of the comics! It's really hard for me to go on and explain everything about this game. It's not without its flaws, by far, I encountered a few slight glitches here and there and the human AI can be either sleepy boiz or Terminators... But the core gameplay and general technical specs have such a weight behind them it's hard to get bogged down in such small issues that can be fixed with a patch or two. There's a seriously satisfying feeling when you use weapons. Two handers all have weight and appropriately weigh down when you try to carry them. Shivs and daggers can be flipped between hands while grabbing a walkers head to finish them, the guns are weighty and feel good to shoot. (A must with any shooter VR mechanic) The looting system is surprisingly deep compared to other games in the stabby, looty tooty point n shooty genre. But you can only carry so much so you have to pick and choose and pack light for the second trip out. If I had to complain about 1 core thing it would be the game's medicine and food system. Medicine heals health and food heals stamina. Decent system BUT... the food damages health. WAT. I don't like the concept of preserved canned food reducing your max health value down just because its not freshly cooked. Aside from that though I can look. 110% recommended for anyone with VR and a love of horror/shoot/stab/loot games.
  51. Mar 16, 2020
    I cannot begin to tell you how satisfying the melee in this game is, Trust me this a must for those that have VR.
  52. May 5, 2020
    Beautiful experience for me in a VR game. Love the different stuff you can make when crating weapons, as well in hitting the zombies with melee weapons. Kinda gives you that rush of being scared, since it's hella dark (But of course you can change the brightness) I would 100% recommend this game to all my friends, If you love zombies and the series then I'd go for this game.
  53. May 7, 2020
    The best VR game I have ever played. The tension when you are trying to reload a revolver while a walker is trying to eat you is unreal.
  54. May 8, 2020
    I went into this game without any knowledge or expectations, other than it was set in The Walking Dead universe.

The first thing that really surprised me was the feeling of dread and vulnerability you get as soon as you start the game. As the game progresses you get to experience several things, meet people, and face dilemmas that really make you think. The main story is engaging and kept me interested through the game. I genuinely screamed a few times out of surprise from sneaky zombies!

In terms of the actual VR part, the immersion is second only maybe to HL Alyx, the controls are pretty solid, and responsive. The weapon mechanics are pretty fun and distinct between each, and you need to handle weapons in a decently realistic way which I really liked.

Most of the game mechanics are pretty good and although you might feel a bit lost at first, you quickly learn what works and what doesn't, and eventually make progress.

In terms of what could be better: I would like deeper characters, as most feel very "NPC", also, there are way too many things that should be usable against zombies or people. Also, branching stories depending on the moral choices would be nice!

I will not spoil the game, I will just recommend it!
  55. May 29, 2020
    I have been having a blast with this title, in fact its the main reason I bought my Index. From the start you are rooted in the world that reminds me of the comics I used to read when I was younger. Check it out for sure.
  56. May 29, 2020
    Wow. Just Wow. I have played this game for about 40 hours and just beat the story. I loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back and try out some of the other options. I was a complete sinner in my playthrough, excited to see what the Saint route looks like!
  57. Jun 1, 2020
    I got this game back on release and have been playing it with my friends and family nearly non-stop. Have to love to watch others freak out about a zombie around a corner, or realizing they already shot their last bullet and a zombie is coming right for them.

This game is way ahead of it's time.
  58. Jun 1, 2020
    All I can say is I am thankful to have games like this I can forget about all the craziness that 2020 has brought so far.
  59. Jun 2, 2020
    I just finished my collection of voodoo dolls and I Loved every minute. I have almost maxed my crafting stations and am always excited to see what my loot trips bring me. TWD is my favorite VR game by far.
  60. Jun 2, 2020
    I love this game because of the great attention to detail in the environment and zombies. Additionally, the story line is impeccable with it's in depth story and the variety of choices.
  61. Jun 3, 2020
    My Girlfriend bought me this game for my Birthday and said it was something I would enjoy. She was not wrong. I started it up after dinner and when I took the headset off just to cool down I realized it was half past midnight! The game pulls you into it's rich story and compelling survival focus. I was constantly ducking and weaving past zombies just to scrape up a cereal bar to surviveMy Girlfriend bought me this game for my Birthday and said it was something I would enjoy. She was not wrong. I started it up after dinner and when I took the headset off just to cool down I realized it was half past midnight! The game pulls you into it's rich story and compelling survival focus. I was constantly ducking and weaving past zombies just to scrape up a cereal bar to survive the night. Unfortunately I think for at least the next few days my Girlfriend may have replaced herself haha.

If you have a VR headset of any kind this game is a MUST buy.
  62. Jun 3, 2020
    One of the best VR games of the year by far. Only Half Life: Alyx comes close (though not passes) The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. It features entertaining story line loops revolving around the Tower and The Reclaimed. One a tough militaristic bunch focused on a Hitler style survival of the fittest mentality, and one a cult that uses guerrilla style tactics to disrupt and infiltrateOne of the best VR games of the year by far. Only Half Life: Alyx comes close (though not passes) The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. It features entertaining story line loops revolving around the Tower and The Reclaimed. One a tough militaristic bunch focused on a Hitler style survival of the fittest mentality, and one a cult that uses guerrilla style tactics to disrupt and infiltrate the other.

In addition the the in depth story telling there is amazing art, smooth controls, and a surprising lack of motion sickness. While I was skeptical of another video game adaption, I am happy to say that The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners is a game I personally I will be replaying for a long long time.
  63. Jun 8, 2020
    This game fully blew away my expectations. I was expecting something sort of fun at first, but got dry after a while and that is not the case at all. The story truly feels like a AAA experience and the game overall is super immersive. If you are on the edge, buy it. It truly is worth it.
  64. Jun 8, 2020
    Its just good. I finished and still wanna play on and find the things i didnt get. Wish i could find a better flash light though would come in handy for the school.
  65. Feb 26, 2021
    Лучшая игра для vr, и одна из лучших игр. Жду продолжение
  66. May 15, 2021
    I have this game on the quest 2 and it's amazing. The story is great and the gameplay is exactly what I want from a vr zombie horror game. There are things that can be improved like length of the story, side quests after the campaign so it's not just collect, kill repeat, and I think more story focused gameplay would be be better. The Last Of Us is a good example of how I think games likeI have this game on the quest 2 and it's amazing. The story is great and the gameplay is exactly what I want from a vr zombie horror game. There are things that can be improved like length of the story, side quests after the campaign so it's not just collect, kill repeat, and I think more story focused gameplay would be be better. The Last Of Us is a good example of how I think games like that should be, especially part 2 because of it's bigger environments. Something like only being able to go to the location you have to, then after the campaign is finished the other areas could be unlocked. I already think the game is perfect, these are just things that would make it more enjoyable for me and probably me only. Expand
  67. Oct 22, 2020
    This game is amazing!
    This game is amazing!
    I had all but written off TWD. The show became a over hyped trainwreck. Season 1 was pure perfection and thanks to AMC, a dumpster fore ensued. After watching the 4 part YMS review of the show (which is hilarious if you want to give it a watch), a video by A Wolf in VR popped up with TWDSS Episode 1. I was blown away. I immediately hopped on Best Buy and preordered an Oculus Quest 2 the day before ot came out. ive been hooked every since. Onslaught is pretty cool too but SS is outstanding.
  68. Dec 5, 2020
    - The gameplay is very repetitive: kill zombies, pick up ressources, craft, get a quest item and put it somewhere.
    - The story is very very slow paced and underwhelming.
    - It’s always dark, even during the day. Always the same bad weather. You get quickly used to this monotone ambiance, making the game not scary at all. - You get very used to see zombies everywhere, making the game even
    - The story is very very slow paced and underwhelming.
    - You get very used to see zombies everywhere, making the game even less scary.
    - The maps are all very similar.
    - The towns only have about two buildings you can explore.
    - Even crouching and with the shoes upgrade and with zombie organs smeared on you, zombies will detect you very easily
    - After smearing a zombie organ on yourself, you have to wait until the smell wears off to apply more.
    - Human NPC’s AI sucks, their pathfinding just doesn’t work well.
    - Picking objects you’re carrying is really buggy. For instance, half of the times I try to pick my journal, I end up having in my hand the bow I was carrying on my back.
    - When you’re crouching, it’s impossible to put back your weapons in your pockets or on your back.
    - The journal is very uncomfortable to use. I always bump my controllers into each other when I use it.
    - Weapons break way too quickly so you constantly have to pick up a ton of resources, I feel like this is what I mostly do during the game. I would rather have weapons that last longer and have more scarce ressources to find, or get them from side quests.
    - It’s really difficult to avoid zombies because of how linear the maps are, you always have to cross their path.
    - The bow is a hell to use, there is nothing indicating where the arrow will end up. And even though it’s the most discrete long distance weapon, it will draw zombies attention anyway.
    - Walking is very slow, you’re about half slower than human NPCs when they walk
  69. Jan 9, 2021
    Pretty cool. Scavenging feels good and the upgrading is fun. Combat is quite fluid and the gunplay is well done. The zombies aren't very hard after fighting about 5 of them, but it does still get pretty intense when you're fighting more than just a couple at a time.

Graphics are good, the randomization is cool, the voice acting is decent, and the storyline seems pretty neat. Overall,

Overall, I'm enjoying it.
  70. May 22, 2021
    Very detail and story oriented game! Gives you a purpose to go back and play it every time with new content always being added! Always my first choice when looking through my library and gives me a little exercise. Recommend especially on the oculus quest 2 as the platform has little titles!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. May 4, 2020
    If Half-Life: Alyx sold as many VR headsets as it should have, every new adopter needs to make Saints & Sinners a priority. Although it obviously lacks the polish that Valve was able to bring to their juggernaut, it’s another hearty single-player offering that was not only built from the ground up for VR, but showcases the exciting advancements unique to the platform. It’s an easy recommendation, even to people like me who thought they were sick of zombies.
  2. Mar 18, 2020
    I had a lot of fun with The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. The combat is fun and downright brutal at times. The story falters at the end, but it's an enjoyable ride that carries you through the 10-20 hour journey. VR desperately needed a longer experience like this, and Skybound and Skydance have delivered with great success. This isn't a four-hour, story-driven, escape room-style game. It's not a shooter on rails or an arena shooter. This is a full-fledged game, and it's great. This is not quite the "killer app" that VR needed, but it's one massive step in the right direction for VR. Any owner of a dedicated PC VR headset owes it to themselves to buy and play this game. Saints & Sinners sparks hope in me that VR still has a bright future ahead — even if that future is a dark, damp New Orleans.
  3. Feb 26, 2020
    The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners is a great game. It's just that maybe it's not a great game for you. Maybe, like me, you don't have your VR legs enough to enjoy it. Maybe you want a little bit more from the PC hardware you have to run it on and won't accept the compromises this game makes. Maybe you just have TWD fatigue. If those things don't stand in your way, then what is on offer is an incredible and immersive experience. A well-developed virtual playground to craft and battle your way through a rich world and story that is only let down by an implementation that just screams compromise to make way for a PSVR release.