4.6

1. Feb 21, 2020
    Year 1 Review. Had to go back and change my previous review.

Pros: - Core gameplay and gunplay loop is very satisfiying - Great weapon/gear/skill builds variety (even off-meta builds are viable) - Huge map with tons of content - Beautiful, handcrafted environments that reward exploration - Some quality of life improvements (bigger stash/more crafting materials) Cons: -
    Year 1 Review. Had to go back and change my previous review.

Pros:
    - Core gameplay and gunplay loop is very satisfiying
    - Great weapon/gear/skill builds variety (even off-meta builds are viable)
    - Huge map with tons of content
    - Beautiful, handcrafted environments that reward exploration
    - Some quality of life improvements (bigger stash/more crafting materials)

Cons:
    - Atmosphere was way better in Division 1 (winter ftw)
    - Many annoying bugs remain
    - Timegated skins with high prices
    - Balance still a bit of a mess
    - Grind is real
    - PVP and Darkzones is a big fat meh
    - Not enough End-game content
    - "THE" most forgettable story and characters on my memory

So I can't complain too much, I got my value out of this game. It's still a solid 3rd-person looter-shooter and you can have a good time with PVE content. Community is still healthy and finding a group is not a problem. But recent decisions by developers are questionable at best.
    Upcoming expansion "Warlords of New-York" looks promising and will bring a lot of improvements that should've been in the game from day 1. We'll see if it will be any good.

And, as always. Do NOT preorder. Do NOT buy loot boxes. Or you will get more and more unfinished games with egregious monetization.
  2. Mar 15, 2019
    Its like Division 1 on MAX and without marketing lies. Solid and interesting looter-shooter with good optimisation. And i liked OST a lot. Action music reminds me DOOM sometimes. 10-times better than Anthem.
  3. Mar 17, 2019
    Do you like running back to your corpse repeatedly?
    Do you like bullet sponge mobs that waste an entire clip of ammo?
    Do you like difficulty scaled for group encounters everywhere and you're playing solo because your friends didn't pick up the game?
    Do you like mobs spawning all around in you a cover based shooter?

If your answer to any of these is no, then you should skip this game.
  4. Mar 15, 2019
    The game is an absolute blast. It's clear that the developers took everything they learned from the first game and crafted something that's highly engaging.
    There's an enormous amount of replayability and so much content. I had high expectations for this game and somehow it's even better than I'd imagined. Highly recommended for fans of looter shooters :).
  5. Mar 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game industry today is so bad we have come to expect products to release half broken, in fact, a half broken product is within the margin of error from most consumers point of view. I strongly believe this now especially after I've seen enough of what The Division 2 has to offer.

It is highly praised for its endgame content, which starts after you hit level 30, which is in fact, just a replay for some of the main missions you have already completed but now with the added twist, gear restrictions and reskinned enemies that you have to progress through to be able to obtain items with higher "gear score" and increase your chances of survival in PVP. I know PVP is not for everybody but Ubisoft uses Dark Zone as a selling point yet it is severely unbalanced and unfair in normal AND normalized modes.

The main story lacks substance and is easily forgettable, the levels are well designed and vary from one another but the enemy mechanics are all the same. Stay in cover or flank the player. The AI is constantly aware and tries to counter react against the player. The instant the player presses the button to equip the grenade, several enemies will get out of cover ready to shoot, the same happens when player leaves the cover, if the player is not moving for long enough, enemies will use grenades or attempt to flank to lure the player out. This is about as we get out of AI and that is okay. However in the open world, capturing control points or doing random activities will soon become a chore. You will find yourself completely vulnerable in the face of an ambush from a random enemy "patrol" while you're attempting to complete any of those. You are very squishy, the game encourages you to think your actions but quite often, around 2/4 times in my experience you will find out enemies can spawn right behind you and instantly killing you. This aspect of the game is not challenging nor fun, it's just a fake added difficulty that does more bad than good.

The game fakes projectiles, it plays an effect of a projectile but the actual bullets are hitscan, I found myself trying to aim ahead of running enemies without any success of landing any shots, the only way to actually hit an enemy whether it is a player or an npc is to make sure you actually shot only after the crosshair has turned red, which usually happens only if you're aiming straight at the body, regardless of distance.

DX12 performance is better than DX11, too bad it crashes the game every hour or so. It is however on DX11 by default so most players probably wouldn't notice.

It is somewhat reminiscent of Defiance, it does many things right, but for every good aspect of the game there is also a bad one. It may get polished out in time but right now there are too many things that put me off. I've sinked 50 hours into the game and I'll stop here for now.
  6. Mar 6, 2020
    Fun game with friends. Just FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING IN GAME. It's like 50/50 that your new things are bugged and unusable. After contact with EA-support "We are not able to refund or compensate you in any way"

Well thanks for making me spend 10 euro (thank god I didnt buy more) for exactly... NOTHING.
  7. Apr 4, 2020
    Bullet sponge, nerfing USER's items & skills, critical bugs -> No improvement from the division 1
    Developer's attitude -> No will of improvement
  8. Apr 7, 2020
    Save your time and money, the developer and publisher doesn't care about the player in here. :)
  9. Apr 5, 2020
    Too many bugs, even Massive Entertainment gave up and started banning players for their falts.
  10. Apr 2, 2020
    I played this game for 2 months on New York expansion.
    The bugs form TU7 still appeared on TU8, bugs affected to players DEV never fix it.
    I have done on this game or UbiSoft games.
  11. Apr 3, 2020
    So here is basically the gist of what's wrong with the current state of the game:

- Enemies (NPC's) hit way too hard for the gear you're currently wearing. - You, as a Division Agent, are heavily under performing compared to your enemies. - The loot is abysmal compared to other looter shooters. Good lucking finding a good roll on your gear. - The outfits to customize your character

- Enemies (NPC's) hit way too hard for the gear you're currently wearing.
    - The outfits to customize your character are really bad compared to other looter shooters.
    - Too many bugs that completely break the game and immersion.

There's some other issues but I'm going to leave it at this.
  12. Apr 3, 2020
    从来没见过一个致力于和玩家作对的制作组。滴答的想让玩家按照他们的想法来玩。而且各种强行拉长游戏时间,还有不合理的掉率,真的让人对游戏和制作组都非常的失望
  13. Apr 3, 2020
    The Game is currently under **** condition.

Not only developer cheats in Div 1 To Prove he is good at managing game, and developer is incompetent to fix game mechanism/glitches and let player to pay the price.

The game difficulties is out of exception and the statistics from the gear you farm would be nerfed at any time ( 15d for huge nerf)

Summary: DON'T BUY IT
  14. Apr 7, 2020
    Games ok had its moments, full of bugs to near unplayable. Devs so disconnected from the community it's like they are stationed on Jupiter. Bans and rollbacks nerf everything viable. Ban half the players randomly chosen. It's all around a money sink terrible experience
  15. Apr 3, 2020
    Horrible Developer team that doesn't care for the community.
    Rampant bugs and crashes without any fixes while Devs blame the players for anything wrong with their game.
    End game is punishing and disheartening grind-fest for loot that was proven to be broken.
  16. Apr 3, 2020
    Since the expension release (March 2020),the game is plagued by endless bugs, and if you run into a glitch or someone in your party does, the dev mass ban players and apply rollbacks.

I'd recommend licking the stuff stuck the sides of a sceptic tank over this game.
  17. Apr 3, 2020
    Terlalu mudah di tebak... Tolong jgn di beli ni game... Tdk sesuai kenyataan
  18. Apr 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 問題一大堆賣沒有完善的遊戲給玩家,在封鎖玩家極度惡劣 Expand
  19. Apr 3, 2020
    Sell us a clunky, buggy mess and treat us like testers with no salary. Massive C4nt
  20. Apr 4, 2020
    Я кучу раз писал им про баги, но каждый раз они отвечают мы знаем и работаем. Но ничего не исправляют, и банят просто так, никакой заботы об игроках, ничего не хотят знать о потраченном времени людей, думают только о деньгах и ничего более.Я кучу раз писал им про баги, но каждый раз они отвечают мы знаем и работаем. Но ничего не исправляют, и банят просто так, никакой заботы об игроках, ничего не хотят знать о потраченном времени людей, думают только о деньгах и ничего более.
  21. Apr 4, 2020
    The game is full of glitches. The interesting part is you can't play it normally without using glitches. Developer is completely incompetent and useless.
  22. Apr 6, 2020
    They ban people using those glitches instead of fixing it. They didnt event ban hacker.
  23. Apr 7, 2020
    Trash the games developers are idiots they have now clue what the community want
  24. Apr 7, 2020
    Really good game ruined by the developers who are unable to fix their spaghetti code just dont even bother playin it.
  25. Apr 7, 2020
    Não é um jogo de verdade, talvez um beta sem polimento, ruim do primeiro ao último minuto.
    Mecânicas quebradas e sem nenhuma direção. Um produto medíocre se muito.
  26. Apr 1, 2020
    엿같은 운영에
    엿같은 버그에
    엿같은 업데이트에
    엿같은 서버
    유저들의 의견은 고려하지않는
    쓰레기같은 마인드의 개발자들
  27. Apr 1, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game design, worst operations. Anti game community dev team. Don't wast your money n time on this game. Expand
  28. Apr 10, 2020
    The main villain of this game is massive.
    They have no respect for it's users.
  29. Apr 1, 2020
  30. Apr 1, 2020
    Players banned for DPS glitch that was the dev's fault. Players that uses exploit for SHD levels (target practice) - which directly benefits players permanently, are noted as "not an exploit" therefor people not banned. Absolutely terrible move by devs. You shouldnt ban a large amount of your playerbase in a PVE game for glitch that you allowed in game and failed to patch. This is also aPlayers banned for DPS glitch that was the dev's fault. Players that uses exploit for SHD levels (target practice) - which directly benefits players permanently, are noted as "not an exploit" therefor people not banned. Absolutely terrible move by devs. You shouldnt ban a large amount of your playerbase in a PVE game for glitch that you allowed in game and failed to patch. This is also a summary of the game: bug after bug after bug after crash after glitch after glitch after bug etc.... Expand
  31. Apr 1, 2020
    User hostile service
    When society falls we fall together
    -RIP Division agent-
  32. Apr 1, 2020
    massive! can you just listen to players’ opinions instead of just saying “we did a good job!!!”
    so ooooooooool !!!!!
  33. Apr 1, 2020
    It will only waste your money and time
    A game made of ****
    Don’t buy it!!!
  34. Apr 1, 2020
    Best game, worst operations. Be careful, if you plan to buy this game. As long as Massive is there, your account is never safe.
  35. Apr 1, 2020
    Trash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash gameTrash game
  36. Apr 1, 2020
    1 - Low quality game with tons glitches and bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs
    2 - After game update/patch you have same notice for hours - Please Wait. Installing update...
    3 - Quality of games very low. Not recommending to buy it.
  37. Apr 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. fxck offAssive能够在短短一年把自己声望败光也是种技术#(捂嘴笑) 做服务型游戏不肯放下自己的傲气,还加带力度和玩家社群疯狂对线,承认自己做错了很难?自负让他们可以在风评下滑的时候还能说"已经是个很棒的游戏"这样的话,网游从来都不存在什么"已经很棒",他们似乎还用着固定的模式来调整一个随时都在变化的MMORPG游戏
    一手好牌打了个稀烂,一开始给自己的作品套好了精致皮囊填满了充实内在,殊不知灵魂早就朽到了根子里去,对比一下临时救火顺手翻修的《断点》,这边梦幻开局,一年后还有新人潮起死回生,结果就这?真的,他娘的让人恨铁不成钢。
    联邦控制局机枪哥镇楼,该去找杰西法登局长办专职手续了#(滑稽) 【图片】
  38. Apr 6, 2020
    It is not game. just a bug chunk
    Rather, Division 1 is better. The amount of content is also insufficient.
    The development team is very hostile to the users.
    Maps and monster patterns, equipment abilities, etc. are too absurd.
  39. Apr 7, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1) Good Gun? Nerf ! 1 good gun per Patch till next patch.
    2) Good Gear ? Nerf ! (Same as Guns)
    3) No roles in matchmaking enter group of 4 medics take 1 mill ammo kill stuff (heroic/Legendery (1 mill+ ammo))
    4) No game bilds less long (if it good be ready ! Nerf coming) 5) Join Reid ? Good luck spamming LFG in chat
  40. Apr 7, 2020
    After investing hundreds of hours of time building a character and attaining loot, Ubisoft decides to render all the loot useless by changing the levels of gear, when that happens all the loot you farmed is useless. They banned thousands of people for their defective game without warning or due process. IT'S A DAMN mess, save your money avoid anything Ubisoft or Massive, please! ThisAfter investing hundreds of hours of time building a character and attaining loot, Ubisoft decides to render all the loot useless by changing the levels of gear, when that happens all the loot you farmed is useless. They banned thousands of people for their defective game without warning or due process. IT'S A DAMN mess, save your money avoid anything Ubisoft or Massive, please! This game is probably gonna end up making me quit gaming for good. That's how bad the experience was. They are killing an industry for the average person. Expand
  41. Apr 7, 2020
    Its so bad that Massive can't make use of this great setting, they have created.

Its always the same, even now with the "new" events: Finish this mission you already played at least 50 times again and get some checkpoints to unlock the manhunt. Seriously how lame is that? Give us at least new maps or new type of quest than all this repeating non sense. Ok since the game is only 3- 9

Ok since the game is only 3- 9 bucks worthy I guess they get a lot new players that really enjoy that. But for Players that spend more than 32 days into this game it sucks. Even the Polarity Mission is just boring. Maybe Day1, its was nice to have a new type of challenge but in the end its just shoot this many people in a special way.

I really enjoyed hunting down Keener. But even is death is so meh. No one cares what happens after that. All we get is this endless grind to level 1000. And yeah I did that because I love grinding and did all kind of side activities like Territoriums, Target Practise, Rescue Hostage legid. And yeah its boring as hell even with friends.

Using the glitch was the first time I felt like this is how the game should be. You get so much bad loot in 200 hours of grinding even with this glitch its crazy. And its not like you are rambo and cant die. You still need to find good spots to be in cover or else they will one shot you. I challenged myself with doing legendary runs all over again solo and hell yeah that was a lot of fun. And it tooks me 56 trys to get a crappy rolled exotic. I am a hardcore grinder and I lose 200 hours with the rollback.
    it would be fine if I would have played 50 hours but this is just mad.

The generell loot was not very good and it feeled like grinding for legendarys in Anthem(46 hours no legendary).
    While using the glitch I went of the grid no groups and no friends that could be affected by it.

I am a developer myself for a game company and I can say that we never would treat customer this way. They could have bring a pop up message that informs player about the situation and who ever is using it will get there accounts rolled back and my guess 90 % would have stopped right away.

But it feels like a team from masseffect andromeda and anthem. I am not sure why they can't fix stuff that is important for players for month, instead they blame the players for there incompetence.

Now we can't matchmake anymore because we can get banned if we matchmake with someone using any glitch.And the next think what is a glitch in there terms because some are allowed and some not.

And now instead of buffing the weapons they are nerfing the only dps build that make sense in this game to the ground.

This game becomes a joke and after 32 days of gametime I am going to stop until they get there **** done.

No more Bullet sponges accept bosses and armored guys
    More rewarding Drops no purples and low tier gear in challenging and heroic missions
    Revive Hive is working as it should
    More content and better quest system.
    And the most important think is this toxic mindset that Massive has against his playerbase. If this will not change than there live service game will become the next Anthem.

Its time for Final Fantasy 7 and to grind again like it should be ^^
  42. Apr 7, 2020
    Worst game ever. Massive and Ubisoft destroy the game with glitches and bugs that even cant fix. DONT BUY IT.
  43. Apr 7, 2020
    Игра не адаптирава под то что она о себе заявляет, Тут нет Челенджа, нет Сложности , есть Ваншоты от игровых персанажей , и нет никакого баланса, проше сказать так - Ты Вата и Будешь Ватой , В патче мы сделаем тебя Ещё ватней чем были вот ещё что , Ты ВАТАИгра не адаптирава под то что она о себе заявляет, Тут нет Челенджа, нет Сложности , есть Ваншоты от игровых персанажей , и нет никакого баланса, проше сказать так - Ты Вата и Будешь Ватой , В патче мы сделаем тебя Ещё ватней чем были вот ещё что , Ты ВАТА
  44. Apr 7, 2020
    Game is terrible. Full of bugs. Devs don't know what they are doing. Gear and loot is a endless grind for no maxed out rolls. Exotics are garbage. Gear sets are pointless and don't even work half the time. Devs do not listen to the community and constantly lie about the state of the game. I would not recommend this game to anyone.
  45. Apr 7, 2020
    Messivew8 它根本不想讓玩家享受他們的遊戲 而是把玩家當成仇人 你開心我就不開心 這心態作遊戲??? 只要再有他們接手的東西 一律拒買 m組不死 ub永遠跟你們圖案一樣是坨屎
  46. Apr 7, 2020
    game is 3/10 in my books. leveling to 40 is awesome, but end game is just brutal. A lot of wipe mechanics in challenging, but tolerable because of respawn. However heroic and up is just insane to do solo until you get a good build together. The jump from challenging to heroic is the hardest part with so-so loot and low drop rates.
    The community is toxic with the split between banned/not
    The community is toxic with the split between banned/not banned players. The bans do appear to be indiscriminate and support team is genuinely not reviewing tickets. Not to mention the dps glitch is still around and players are now being perma-banned because of matchmaking. The developer's level of ignorance is at DJT levels. I understand banned players are in the minority, but they are quite active on other platforms for the game. That's probably how they found out about the glitch before devs publicized it. I found out because of the patchnotes on 3/22. It seemed like that is when it caught fire. How can you justify such an extensive rollback? People are seeing their DZ stats are completely reset as well. Do the devs think everybody who tried it, took it into PVP???? Give yourself a 2 week rollback and see how you feel. Rest your recalibration library. Delete all your loot. reset your specilization points. Do this and know that you can't get your season event caches back either. You have to go back and redo tidal basin for nemesis parts. you have to replay level 4 control points for the holster. you have to replay true sons missions for the exotic chest. you have to re-farm NY bosses for lady death. It is just brutal, most people probably never want to play a UBISOFT game again.
    The developers really do need to project and see how this looks from the perspective of banned players. Maybe they assume the banned community has been doing it since TU8 release, but reality some people only tried it after the failed patches. It is really brutal for them to be rolled back 2 weeks with 1 week ban. Its just a kick in the face for unbanned players to gloat. Its even worse knowing there are heavy glitchers who kept the loot. Its just toxic to see youtubers cozy with the devs shove it their faces.
    The game is definitely amazing to play though. the premise and gameplay is awesome. However, the developers are seriously out of touch. Maybe it is because they know they put a great game out there?
  47. Apr 7, 2020
    The game has a lot of bugs and the decision to ban who explored those bugs has broke the game because there is not enough players to play with. All my friends are going to stop playing and I going to do the same.
  48. Apr 7, 2020
    lot of glitches... i banned just because the Devs don't know how to fix the glitches... such shame!!!
  49. Apr 7, 2020
    Foi bom. Mas acabaram com o jogo. Npc muito forte. Suas armas não dão dano nenhum. Sempre delta, Mike, foxtrot, limbo infinito.
  50. Apr 8, 2020
    The only good thing about his title is the graphics, other then that not even worth the $3 (if you were one of those).

I paid for the Ultimate edition, and Warlords of NY, that makes it almost $150. The game and future expansions were Hyped by Massive and their SOTG over and over before the official release and during the first few month, even after a year Massive is unable to meet their promises; here is why:

-game bugs are returning over and over, such as the Reviver Hive, NPCs stuck in walls making a completion of a given mission impossible, specially in the Dark Zone.

-Lag-luster connection to their servers in prime time on a busy weekend... this one talks for itself as that delay makes PVP in a competitive DZ very hard.

-Saying that all updates are free (if you bought the Ultimate Edition) and then retracting that making it sound that "Year one Pass". The game was unfinished at release, not only that but Massive's development made drastic changes that made you start over (during year one) several times hindering your progression. Then when you thought that you had something accomplished Massive announced WoNY and again wiped all your progress of the past year. All hard farmed exotics you may have gathered or that nice gear you got rendered useless. This alone makes a customer feel like garbage and that you may have wasted all that time in the first place.

-Customer treatment, oh well, let me not get started. Opening a ticket with Ubisoft or Massive (it does not matter) is getting canned emails with a link to a forum or something else. You never get help but that is normal I guess as they think Children don't know what they want anyways or what they do. I am adult and know what I want or need when I pay money for a product that is unusable or so broken that I rather not use it then get frustrated.

-Banning customers who voice their opinion, or use in-game mechanics to gain an edge to a broken game, unplayable content and ridiculous RNG (farming the same mission 97 times and no exotic drops should tell you what I am talking about).

Massive does not even play their game, (well now one of their developers does with one of the mayor exploiters of the game anyways).

Massive has no line to follow when it comes to content, all you get here is the same grindy mission to be played over and over. One example: Kill 500 Outcasts while they are on fire. That makes it 500 times killing in the same instance over and over, how boring and frustrating that must be? Anybody remembers Diablo 3, where each run you made rewards you with a bit more power, gear drops left and right making you feel after ever session that you have acomplished something... if you look for such feeling in the Division 2, don't be shocked if you don't have that after 1000 hours played... you will never have that feeling. Even if you have that feeling Massive will take it away with a NERF as they think the piece of gear (be it a weapon or gear piece does not matter) is overpowered and needs to brought in line with the PVP content of the game.

PVP... they have a ZONE (Dark Zones) where you PVP but you have NPCs that you have to kill to get Gear, so you have to PVE in a PVP zone but they want to "Level the gear to the PVP zone" while completely breaking the PVE aspect of that gear or set. It is very frustrating to play games such as this one and I would like to warn you, if you are not a professional gamer or a masochist that likes to waste his time, stay away from Massive's The Division 2
  51. Apr 8, 2020
    可以不用買這款遊戲了
    錢可以省下來去買更值得的遊戲。
    還好有BUG才讓我知道神奇的掉落機率,省下不少時間不用走冤忘路。
  52. Oct 5, 2019
    Having to shoot enemies for so much to kill them breaks the immersion making this game a chore to play. Also choosing a "body type" when You are actually are choosing gender is weird but does not matter too much. The world is lifeless like most other Ubisoft games. Meh
  53. Apr 1, 2020
    This game is bronken and developers doesn't even bother
    Tons of Glitches
    Absurd Level Design
    Hostile to users.
  54. Apr 1, 2020
    there are nothing make sense game, operation, development team and company.
  55. Apr 1, 2020
    Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf......
    I think you like nerf
    I also nerfed the game score.
  56. Apr 1, 2020
    real good game mode and story, real bad maintains and value balance. Unlimited bugs, facked devs, Massive killed this game
  57. Apr 1, 2020
    I have never seen such a arrogant production team

“its cooooooool!”

I think massive need modify the game after playing the game

**** game

**** massive
  58. Apr 1, 2020
    I played this game and the first installment of the franchise. Be warned these games are buggy messes full of exploits. Whole parts of the game are near unplayable due to continued cheating an exploitation.
  59. Apr 3, 2020
    Purchased The Division 2 on launch. Spent nearly 300 hours with it and enjoyed it. However, inventory management is what put me off and I stopped playing the game. I got my money's worth.

Pre-ordered WONY. Expected to have similar experience as at launch, but boy - was I wrong. Gear 2.0 is something I really liked. It maybe simplified the game, but it made everything more manageable.

Unfortunately, that is the only positive side of WONY and current state of The Division 2.

It is lazy, buggy as hell and not a joy to play. Loot is generally crap, some gear sets don't work, some talents currently also don't work (in DZ, for example), control points are not reset, can't reach boss areas in at least 1 bounty, flame thrower enemies have insane range, and so on, and so on. There are many places which describe all the bugs, no point to list it here.

But worst of all - Massive did what they said they would not do.

They turned The Division 2 enemies into sponges. Worst sponges you can imagine. Horrible and super lazy decision. A year ago, things would be hard, but you wouldn't spend 2 minutes shooting at a thing trying to kill it.

Also, you now die pretty much if enemies fart in your general direction.

So, you end up with a "cover-based" game where you are supposed to stay behind cover in order not to die, but at the same time you need to peek outside cover in order to shoot enemies for half an hour in order to damage them. Paradoxical.

Damage glitch was a revelation, since it made it possible for players to realize how crap loot drop tables are and that there is nothing to look forward to, in the end game. Massive has changed the game so it feels like a mobile game. Really sad about that.

Basically, loot drops are junk and you have a very small chance to actually get a piece of gear, or a weapon, with really good rolls. Massive has turned the game into a "quest for a good drop" game.

Loot in The Division 2 is simply gambling and nothing more than that. Some people might like it, but I like to be rewarded for the time I spend in game, so this does not sit with me well.

All that being said - if you get a game at a good discount, buy it and play until you reach the end game.

Game is beautiful, story line is interesting and you should get a lot of fun before you reach the end game. You won't need to worry about builds, talents or anything else while you are progressing, so you won't notice all the issues.

However, if you don't like bulletsponges as enemies, skip TD2.

Disclaimer: Review was written on April 3rd 2019, and at this point in time enemies are horrible bulletsponges. That might change in the future.
  60. Apr 3, 2020
    This Product is a remake of the first one, but without the intention to create a good game with a good story.
    The Story telling is insulting. 90% happens through exposition. The "villains" have no motivation and no character. Gameplay is effectively the same from the first game, but they removed the usefulness of skills. The loot is even on the hardest difficulty unrewarding. This game does not have an identity, everything in this game is mediocre and is done better by other games. The package as a whole is done better by the first game.
  61. Apr 9, 2020
  62. Apr 8, 2020
    The developers don’t care about their player base. They lie and treat them unfairly. They banned players who did a damage glitch and left other players who did the damage glitch as well untouched so they can maintain a player base. This is extremely frustrating as to the fact they went on livestream and said they used a tool that was 100% accurate to ban players when they actually justThe developers don’t care about their player base. They lie and treat them unfairly. They banned players who did a damage glitch and left other players who did the damage glitch as well untouched so they can maintain a player base. This is extremely frustrating as to the fact they went on livestream and said they used a tool that was 100% accurate to ban players when they actually just grabbed a handful of players and issued out bans to even INNONCENT PLAYERS. Plus they act cocky towards they’re player base saying they have millions of players still on their game after issuing out bans when they know they choose to ban 25% of players. The part that pisses me off is my close friend and other clan mate didn’t get banned yet they used the damage glitch the entire time with me. Yet my account was banned and I rolled back and lost 298 SHD levels. Two weeks worth of grinding on top of legit loot that I earned. So the devs are absolute terrible people when it comes to their player base they really don’t know how to fix things in their game and properly handle situations. I would not recommend picking up any game created by Massive or Ubisoft. Expand
  63. Apr 7, 2020
    good job massive/ubisoft!!!
    after playing it since release every(!!!) day (1722 hours)... they rool my account back to 1599 hours... R.I.P division 2...
    good job massive/ubisoft!!!
    my progress from season is gone! i lost my xp! my shd was 421! now... 194!!! my whole inventory is empty!!!! they didn't just rollback my progress, they have resetet my whole inventory!!!! i can't make the new manhunt (venus), league an polarity are deactivated too!
    massive/ubisoft just killed the absolutely best looking game for me,
    i really enjoyed buying the one year pass and in game cash for the division 2 to support them...
    the worst thing about it, they have already my money for the warlords of new york... i should get it back after i could play it for a just 4 weeks,
    anyway, very simple, if the massive/uplay don't care about theyr players/community i will not buy a game from them again...

and...they want to sell uplay+ ????

R. I. P ubisoft/massive/division 2 (3)
    they pay a much higher price for the bugs/glitches/mistakes than we gamers!
    we (the players) survive without them... survive massiv/ubisoft without us (the players)????

the game is dead!
    massive/ubisoft they destroyed their own game with the bann/rollback! not the players comments/rating!!!

i will never pay some money for you massive/ubisoft again!

thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    regards
  64. Apr 9, 2020
    disappointed with how unbalanced the game is from the challenger to the heroic and legendary ... not to mention the loot that still sucks because only bad pieces come and in the legendary missions you can't play to try to get a good rool because it's ridiculous you take one shot and lose all your protection until msm hit kill
  65. Apr 8, 2020
    Massive is completely incompetent and not capable of fixing the real issues in the game.
    It is still completely unbalanced since the stupid warlords of new york update and loot 2.0
    toss that crap overboard and bring back the old balance! dying instant in a fire -> nogo, but still the case dying of 1 shot from a npc -> nogo but still the case loot drops are way below rewarding, who
    toss that crap overboard and bring back the old balance!
    dying instant in a fire -> nogo, but still the case
    dying of 1 shot from a npc -> nogo but still the case
    loot drops are way below rewarding, who needs 70% purple drops on heroic from chests ????
    last fix in tu8.5 introduced another exploit -> strikers can build up count on other players in DZ WITHOUT being rouge. when full, just go rouge and nuke everyone in the premise...
    DO YOU GUYS EVER TEST THE CRAP YOU PRODUCE????
  66. Apr 8, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Massive is suck.The Division was dead,They shall not punish the players.It is no thier fault. Expand
  67. Apr 9, 2020
    **** developers, game is buggy since day one and nost of the bugs are still in the game
    Just play Destiny 2 or smth, this game is geh
  68. Apr 9, 2020
    If you're going to persecute your own paying customers for your own major bugs/mistakes then prepared to lose your investors and fans.
  69. Apr 9, 2020
    Tried dps glitch that massive let slipped into the game for one run (roughly 10-15 minutes) which was their fault but my account received 2 weeks rolled back with my play time approximately of 120 hours during the 2 weeks. I accepted the ban but the roll back was such a demotivation to play this game in such a poop state as it currently is. I have invested so much money into Ubi’sTried dps glitch that massive let slipped into the game for one run (roughly 10-15 minutes) which was their fault but my account received 2 weeks rolled back with my play time approximately of 120 hours during the 2 weeks. I accepted the ban but the roll back was such a demotivation to play this game in such a poop state as it currently is. I have invested so much money into Ubi’s games but from now, no more. What a waste of time and hope. Expand
  70. Apr 9, 2020
    爛到爆炸的團隊開發出的BUG遊戲,還先賣出80元的價格再推出800多的資料片,騙取消費者的金錢,向錢看的工作團隊,一堆負面BUG不處理,態度消極且無能,強烈建議不要購買。 Don't buy this game.
  71. Apr 10, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game is not fun to play. Rng loot pool is very bad, quality of life sucks, pvp experience is horrible, laggy servers. What's even worse, they always introduce new bugs into the game and when players use a big or glitch, they get banned and character rollback for something the devs put into the game and never fix. Massive has not learned from division 1 Expand
  72. Apr 13, 2020
    I created a meta critic account to write a review for Divison 2. A year after the game has launched, it has never been more broken, with broken loot, crashes, and constant nerfs. The developers are able to fix bugs in 24 hours, but only, and ONLY if it's something that actually helps players. I didn't use the damage glitch, but it did show me how "serious" the developers take the game. FixI created a meta critic account to write a review for Divison 2. A year after the game has launched, it has never been more broken, with broken loot, crashes, and constant nerfs. The developers are able to fix bugs in 24 hours, but only, and ONLY if it's something that actually helps players. I didn't use the damage glitch, but it did show me how "serious" the developers take the game. Fix the stability, frame rate issues, loot drop (purple in heroic, 4 man). I've played around 300 hours of the game, and I finally decided that it's enough. This is the last product I will ever buy from Ubisoft. Expand
  73. May 1, 2020
    Broken PVP - zero balance.
    Broken loot drop - 2-3 chests and 50 holsters with trash stats after 7 hours of farming.
    A lot of bugs, every patch more and more.
    Absolutely garbage. Playtime - 300+ hours.
  74. Jun 13, 2019
    fun start to game, but end game sucks. RNG is way too high. can play for days and have to destroy everything i get. it is discouraging when zero progress is made for days, Me and a buddy sat, eating breakfast with a couple of the directors of the division 1 at the last E3.. despite there promises to learn from the last game, this is just as frustrating.
  75. Apr 2, 2020
    i feel so sorry to buy this game in advanced. if u r rich, i suggest u send it to the charity. money could help someone who really need it.
  76. Apr 15, 2019
    Game worked for the first few weeks, after update 2.0 game continues to crash after 5 mins.

Spent solid 2 hours troubleshooting and came to the conclusion this was a rushed product and is full of bugs. Not gonna bore you with the details but garbage game that you should avoid until 6 months from now when the game will be patched to a "working version" that it should have been at launch.

Beware and buy are your own discretion.
  77. May 10, 2019
    Ubisoft support is actually trash, can not launch game without being zoomed in to main menu. This is a known bug and zero help from staff. Game is ok at best when it does work, no point in leveling up as enemies level with an one tap. Hacker in PvP constantly Ubi does not care
  78. Mar 1, 2020
    I am gonna have to give this game a weak 3 because it's basically division 1 copy paste except they switched out an infectious disease with thugs. rest of the game's "progression" is the exact same.

I got the game at it's 3 euro sale, and i didn't expect change at all, and i was right. I guess it's a decent time killer, but way too repetitive.
  79. Mar 26, 2020
    The atmosphere is good.
    The mood created by the graphics is ruined by the gameplay.
    Tasks consist of a variety of variations. The fighting system is something of a scandal. Short trousers and undershirt wearing enemy those i shoting a machine gun for minutes. In the enemy mob style shot while walking and pistol or light gun used two shot to i am die. In 200 pounds of armor, the
    The atmosphere is good.
    The mood created by the graphics is ruined by the gameplay.
    Tasks consist of a variety of variations.
    The fighting system is something of a scandal.
    In 200 pounds of armor, the heavy boys leap smoothly on top of the buses.

I'd shoot whoever figured this out.
    And this fight system was also put in the last part of the far cry.
    After 30 hours of shooting, you will get tired of it when you looking it will start all over again.
    And can occupy back all the outposts
    Meanwhile Every new task takes you there and you have to do the same.
    About an element repeats in the game.
    You go into the arena for hours shoot and again, and again, and again, and again.
    Then you open a crate or using a notebook, and going a trap.
    After 40 hours, a normal person gets tired.
    Terrible, uninspired, buggy, very repetitive ****
    This game tom clacy's raving rabbids.
    Ubish()t
  80. Apr 21, 2019
    I actually enjoyed The Division 1 as an atmospheric but brainless looter shooter and TD2 does not deliver. It's fundamentally identical to TD1 - not that that's necessarily a bad thing - but instead of trying to change things or move anything forward they've simply recycled a tremendous amount of assets, models, and mechanics which weren't terribly great to begin with.

The largest

The largest complaint of the first one was the ridiculous bullet sponge enemies, and TD2 pulls a phenomenal bait and switch by giving you a few levels of combat where you think maybe they banished that for good. Nope! I'm only level 16 and already I'm going up against regular, non-elite mobs who take close to a full magazine of ammo to kill. They did try to add a fun armor system, in which repeated attacks to an enemy's arm, for example, will blast off their arm armour and allow you access to the sweet tender weak spot inside. In practice, however, you're going to be either sniping them in the head with single-shot weapons, or spraying wildly with automatics, so this mechanic means nothing.

This is all personal preference, but DC is just a crappy setting. It looks pretty damn good from a graphical perspective but I would trade it in a heartbeat for the dreary, gray and white snowy metropolis of NY, because that had a ton of atmosphere and told a good story. I sincerely hope the next one takes place in another major city center, because the endless green decay of DC just doesn't do anything for me. Your mileage may vary but my two cents.

Finally, the stones on Ubisoft to sell this at full price must be lunar in size, because this is effectively an expansion pack for TD1. It doesn't add enough new features and instead is a retread of a game we already played. If TD2 was half the price I'd give it a 7 because as I said, I actually enjoy the semi-mindless cathartic relaxation of shooting and looting, but at this price it's just not worth it.
  81. May 26, 2019
    Its like the developers were not even trying. I mean setting aside the fact the character models, weapons, skills, and progression is indistinguishable from the first game, its like they just decided to patch the first game and then charge everyone $60 for dlc content pawned off as a Division 2.0. Really sad and pathetic.

So came back for a second round, and can definitively say the

So came back for a second round, and can definitively say the endgame is garbage, they clearly did not have a good vision for where the endgame should go or how it should function.
  82. May 6, 2019
    Have fun being unable to walk over 3 inch high obstacles. Enjoy traditional jumping and crouching being removed, with the hotkeys for their extremely unresponsive and slow replacements being the opposite of usual. That's right, we made pseudo jump CTR and pseudo crouch SPACE just to piss on your spaghetti, while you get to play running slower than your grandma, and trip over randomly justHave fun being unable to walk over 3 inch high obstacles. Enjoy traditional jumping and crouching being removed, with the hotkeys for their extremely unresponsive and slow replacements being the opposite of usual. That's right, we made pseudo jump CTR and pseudo crouch SPACE just to piss on your spaghetti, while you get to play running slower than your grandma, and trip over randomly just like she would!

Don't forget to play our hardest game mode, where enemies might slightly flinch if there are 4 people shooting their head at the same time. Our game engine is too poorly optimized to add more enemies. Speaking of which, we will prepare your HDD's anus for our 5 separate loading screens for a 15 minute plowin'. But don't worry, your cpu is next!

I almost forgot to mention. Every day there is a 1/5 chance you might as well be wearing a blindfold, because our office workers have never been outside before to see what real fog looks like.
  83. Apr 7, 2020
    no endgame content
  84. Jun 23, 2019
    Они всё-таки обосрались. Сраное ММО пострилушки в псевдо-постапокалипсисе
  85. Mar 5, 2020
    **** in bar tag by ubisoft, roll, god roll. Thank you i like casino game in mmo. Contact arver pls to fix your game.
  86. Apr 2, 2020
    NEVER PLAY THIS GAME
    They fix bugs that make players having fun and pay no attention to bugs that ruin the game
    They ban and roll back player using bug, but pay no attention to hackers and cheaters. As soon as players finally developed some great ideas about weaopn&skill choice, they just nerf it. Massive please do not pollute this game any more! It used to be an epic! But now it is
    NEVER PLAY THIS GAME
    Massive please do not pollute this game any more! It used to be an epic! But now it is just totally trash
  87. Apr 2, 2020
    Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)
    Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)
    Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)Very Cooooooooooooooooooooooooool!(F**K THIS S**T)
  88. Apr 2, 2020
    They destroyed their game on TU8/Warlords of New York Update. They completely change the game by heavily nerfing player(making my exotic build sucks by removing most of the talent) and buffing an AI (one shot you, unlimited weapon range, super god healing station). I just left the game when I see my Nemesis became trash. Sorry Massive this the end for you. Not gonna comeback anytime soon.
  89. Apr 16, 2019
    Its has a lot of promise but it is plagued with serious bugs which have been introduced with recent patches. Lag / freezing / DC's / crafting issues / absent ammo drops...
    Barely playable atm.
  90. Oct 19, 2019
    heading into year 2, still no cross save functionality. still lying to customers about it being "impossible".
  91. Apr 2, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ban Sibal Manghal UBI ya GaSSeKKi 장난 치는것도 아니고 ㅅㅂ 이게 게임이냐

^^
  92. Apr 2, 2020
    Give me back my extra storage box.
    Give me my time that waste on those glitches.
    They can't even fix the bugs that existed during the beta test. It's been a whole damn year.
  93. Apr 2, 2020
    作為一款打裝驅動的遊戲,完全沒有高難度高報酬的喜悅,打到好的裝備也是面臨削弱的下場。BUG的修復也是爛到不行,各種莫名血尿的季度活動也是,彷彿是用來給遊戲插管續命一樣,毫無樂趣可言,且辛苦得到的獎勵完全不值得。沒看過有一款遊戲要自己付費找BUG的,找到還會被封鎖,去你媽的
  94. Apr 2, 2020
    Totally wasted, this game could be better, but Massive want this game die. Please let Red Storm take over this game, Massive devs don't have brains.
  95. Apr 2, 2020
    Developer: Massive = trash need get out UBI,your team like **** worst team.
  96. Apr 2, 2020
    The game is a tragedy in the making. That is because every patch released introduces new bugs and unbalances. There is now a gear set that allows player to kill another player while shooting at an AI....
    How broken is that as a pvp mode? That set truly takes away any shade of skills needed for pvp.
    The game started out with some issues, and gradually deteriorated to a state where i plainly gave up playing it.
    The development team is constantly banking on player-base's hope that "one day maybe they will get around and fix it". This is aided by the weekly state of the game where the mantra is, "we are aware of the issues pointed out, and we are working on it".: while nothing is actually been done about said issues.
    Content, patches and bug fixes are rushed out and not effective. It took 4 attempts to try and fix a DPS bug that did result in thousands of bans, and yet that bug is still in the game.
    My suggestion is, DO NOT BUY,
  97. Jul 1, 2019
    The game looked promising. Good graphics, great setting, gunplay is nice. The best part is they promised all content included for 1 year.

What we found is early access for season pass players(okay, no biggie.) The deal breaker is the insanely stupid hoops to jump through for unlocking the first added specialization. It's mind numbingly long and has you doing many involved and situation specific ways of killing people to check each box. And there are lots of boxes to check off during a 5 assignment quest to unlock the gunner class. I jumped in when I saw the was out then saw the first assignment task(1 of 4), and logged back out. Guess I'm done with this game and with Ubisoft games period. Every time they promise not to screw customers they find some new way of screwing people again. Far as I'm concerned the first year of content is Pay 2 Win. Ubisoft is trying to win the race to the bottom against EA and Bethesda. Not sure who is sinking faster.
  98. May 31, 2019
    It has Bad environment nothing to do. I played for 2 hours and removed it ! Just watsed my money :(
  99. Mar 31, 2020
    The quality of the game is not very good. There is no military realism. Enemies who are not trained ordinary kill the elite special forces player in a short time, but the player agent uses 5 magazines to kill one enemy. Item compensation is enough to give garbage even at the highest difficulty. Even if the quality of the game is poor, the management team runs the game without feeling ofThe quality of the game is not very good. There is no military realism. Enemies who are not trained ordinary kill the elite special forces player in a short time, but the player agent uses 5 magazines to kill one enemy. Item compensation is enough to give garbage even at the highest difficulty. Even if the quality of the game is poor, the management team runs the game without feeling of crisis. Also, the costumes of the player agent are so strong that it is hard to see them. Expand
  100. Mar 12, 2020
    Do you like games which crash to desktop? Or maybe games that tries to put you into a full server over and over again, with about a 4 seconds window which isn't enough for you to travel to another area so you get stuck in a loop? I managed to log out and of-course I immediately logged in again and the same thing happens. Rinse, and repeat.

This wouldn't be acceptable if it was a new

This wouldn't be acceptable if it was a new game and not when it is almost a year old. I'm lucky enough that I bought it for 3€, but not lucky enough that I can refund this pile of garbage.
    Because of-course Ubisoft have you sign a ToS where by playing the game you resign your right to refund it.

Patches get released which neither fix the previous problems or manages to break the game even more. With the recently Delta-3 or whatever it's called.

Off-topic, how could my user-name be approved?

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    Perfect reward system, very tactile gunplay and great visuals make Division 2 the best loot shooter on the market, and one of the best co-op games in the recent years. [Issue#237, p.36]
  2. May 2, 2019
    For all the deafening noise and fury of its street battles and set-pieces, The Division 2 is, at heart, a game of co-operative tidying up with incrementally better guns.
  3. Apr 27, 2019
    With the experience accumulated on The Division 1, Massive manages with TD2 to excite our curiosity. Stronger, more generous, better built, the title succeeds where other games as service before it has struggled to. Thanks to its end-game, which renew the experience by adding content and skillfully recycles the existing one, but also thanks to this map of Washington, absolutely fantastic, which allows more than ever to immerse yourself in the universe of the agents of the Division.