7.3

1. May 17, 2020
    This is just another game to make money. No new features. Just Transport Fever 1 with barely better graphics. Really badly optimized too.
  2. Dec 31, 2019
    It will definitely get better with mods, but right now it's a really dumbed-down version of TPF1 unfortunately. Towns only requiring two resources is stupid. And the high operating costs mean that starting the game takes a looooong time to build up any cashflow, which I suppose is realistic, but it doesn't make strategizing any fun at all. Yet another title that needs to be saved by modders.
  3. Dec 18, 2019
    Great game for all train fans. This game can also be called an electronic train layout. The second part has become much better, more beautiful, a map editor has appeared, which everyone has been waiting for. The studio that makes this game not big, therefore needs the support of all fans. This is a very calm, moderately smart and very pleasant game for the eyes.
  4. Mar 27, 2020
    Yeah, i should do more research before buying, besides checking whether it has multiplayer or not, but how on earth they made transport tycoon game without AI competition? I mean, this kind of games had it a quarter of century ago. WTF?
  5. Jul 5, 2020
    Alot of other reviews already mentioned it and I am going to mention it again, TPF2 is more like a DLC to most TPF1 players, apart from the new asia extension there and few improvements is NO new content. The price is extremely overkill and I strongly dont recommend it unless there is a sale. But if you really wish for cheaper Transport simulator like this, buy TPF1 instead of 2, they areAlot of other reviews already mentioned it and I am going to mention it again, TPF2 is more like a DLC to most TPF1 players, apart from the new asia extension there and few improvements is NO new content. The price is extremely overkill and I strongly dont recommend it unless there is a sale. But if you really wish for cheaper Transport simulator like this, buy TPF1 instead of 2, they are mostly the same. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2020
    It's so often that we see attempts to reintroduce classic formulas go horribly wrong. I think that this game did a great job in taking everything great about Transport Tycoon, introducing a little more in terms of gameplay, without changing too much. Maybe not much changed since Transport Fever 1, but for me this is the new Transport Tycoon.
  7. Dec 12, 2019
    It's just an upgraded version of TPF 1, but at full price. And while it is enhanced in the graphics and it has some nice features (a map editor, the possibility of stopping the year and so on) it also lacks in a lot of other aspects that were handled better by the previous game. For example it has managed to worse both the economy (dumbed down but more difficult because of the higherIt's just an upgraded version of TPF 1, but at full price. And while it is enhanced in the graphics and it has some nice features (a map editor, the possibility of stopping the year and so on) it also lacks in a lot of other aspects that were handled better by the previous game. For example it has managed to worse both the economy (dumbed down but more difficult because of the higher costs) and the UI, (more clunky, cumbersome and counter-intuitive). Definitely a step behind for me. Expand
  8. Dec 12, 2019
    New Transport Fever game, is it better? Not really. There is some improvements here and there but this isn't feels like a new game it feels like something else, like patch for old transport fever. So let me make a list about the game;

Good things: - New maps looking great, actually i like it. - Map editor, you can create your own maps. - Modular stations. - Planes now can be useful,

Good things:
    - New maps looking great, actually i like it.
    - Map editor, you can create your own maps.
    - Modular stations.
    - Planes now can be useful, rather than money sucking machine like in the old game.
    - Better terrain tools, yeah flatten terrain tool added in to game (at last).
    - Wild life, not much to do with your game play but it's a good addition. (Birds flying formation feels like copy/paste from Transport Giant)
    - Now you can stop date progress while playing to game.
    - One way roads can be build.
    - Traffic lights can be build.
    - You can build your own HQ.
    - Roundabouts, is this a good or bad thing i don't know actually, because seems like ai don't know how to use roundabouts!

Anything else? Not much actually that's all the good things come to my mind...

Bad things:
    - Typical unoptimized game, game using too much RAM especially on very large maps with 1:3 scale, you need to at least 16 GB RAM to play the damn game?! I'm not surprise why the most youtubers playing this game on medium or small tropical maps, because 4/2 tropical maps covered with water which means less assets can be use (less RAM usage), yeah I'm not buying that bull crap!
    - Replace vehicle feature removed! WHY???
    - Vehicles no longer age up, another removed feature! Replaced by maintenance cost, ridiculous cost I mean!
    - It's nearly impossible to expand in early game without loan! Most of your early game play you're spending your time with taking loan repaying loan thing, boring and repetitive!
    - Ridiculous amount of costs! Jesus! Who is going to pay more than 2 million $ to steam engine in 1870? This is totally unrealistic!
    - Horses cause emission in city? Really?? How? So they eating carrot and farting too much?? Is there any logical explanation for this?
    - No real improvement in the game, nothing actually, it's still feels like train fever with some graphical improvements, nothing really changed!
    - No new transport mechanics in the game, like, monorail, subway, zeppelins, maglev like futuristic trains or flying vehicles etc.
    - No curved stations, come on modders did this while ago!
    - New interface is terrible, also line management window fixed on the bottom rather than draggable!
    - Vehicle depots less useful.
    - %90 of the vehicles copy/paste from previous game! Devs didn't even change the horse animations! They still move like robot rather than actual horse!
    - Key stuck bug on TF1 is still there?!

Missing things:
    - No company creating screen at the start. Even old transport games have this feature like railroad tycoon 3, you choose your company logo/name even your logo appear in your vehicles but in this game nope!
    - No day/night cycles (RT3 have this feature)
    - No seasons, it's always sunny not even rain in the game! (At least rain in RT3, but TF2? Nope)
    - Vehicles don't use anything like fuel (In RT3 and Transport Giant vehicles use different type of fuels and they need to refill but in TF2 vehicles can run forever!)
    - No different biomes in the map, if it's tropical it's always tropical no different combinations.
    - Cities still producing the same thing which is passenger, no mail or anything else! Even in Transport Giant (which is very old game) cities can produce passenger, mail and garbage.
    - No complex signals like in the open ttd.
    - Your trucks and buses still can't do overtake, they stuck behind the slow moving ai cars.
    - You can't buy industries for extra profit like in the RT3!
    - No challenging gameplay, only challenge is costs! Nothing else! Too much casual sometime feels like mobile game.
    - No AI competitors!
    - No multiplayer!
    - No adjustable ticket prices, your ticket prices depends on the vehicle speed! I don't know why devs still using this ridiculous mechanic!
    - Even vehicles cost maintenance, they don't break, they just run that's it.. Why do we need to pay maintenance cost then? So unrealistic!
    - There is only one way to reduce emission in cities which is replace vehicles! No sound barriers not even trees effective against emission like in the cities skyline.
    - No decorative assets in the game, you still get lamp and bench that's it! Nothing new!
    - Cities only accept two type of different cargo, they don't request new type of cargo over time while they growing, it's always two type of cargo, boring! Even old TF much more better than this, because you need to transport six different cargo, instead of 'only' two!
    - No planing tool like in the 'Prison Architect', you build routes with trial and error (Which is cost ridiculous amount of money of course!) - Instant building instead of real time building. Casual game play mechanic in the so-called simulation game. - No undoing options. Once build it, it's done, happy or not!
  9. Dec 17, 2019
    This game really made me wonder: Is Transport Tycoon, at this point a 25 (!) year old game, indeed such an incredible achievement that no other game will ever come close to it? This one didn't even really try.

The graphics are just that - a modern tileset that creates rather nice environments. City growth on the other hand looks like a tumor and has no actual effects: Since the whole economy persists of two types of goods per city (and there isn't even a dozen overall) the only challenge consists of increasing your capacities. Don't even dream of the variety you've seen in games like "Railroad Tycoon", or a dynamic economy. There is no stock market, there are no seasons, no weather, and especially the freeform mode falls flat.

By deliberately placing resources and the industries that need them as far away as possible you could have a game that requires planning and foresight. But in the end the world is completely static, and the only thing you need is money, not a vision, or a strategy, and certainly not creativity.

In the beginning you'll have to wait very long to make enough money, later on you don't know what to do with it anymore, and then you make the mistake of playing the campaign.

You almost have no actual choices to make or strategies to plan thanks to the dumbed down economy and the lack of content. Now imagine putting those mechanics to work in a campaign that wants to recreate historic events. Imagine Indonesia, consisting of two cities that need four types of resources, a narrator that goes on and on about all the things that are not there and that I'm obviously supposed to imagine, to create the scenario. But you don't really have to listen to him, just to get the same two types of goals over and over again, which mainly consist of - once more - waiting.

The real challenge here is to keep the music running, it's the only thing that can really compete with the original Tranport Tycoon and it's set of nerve-wracking midi songs. Otherwise the sound is acceptable, even though I sometimes wonder why my passengers tend to make chicken noises without carrying actual chickens, and chickens not being a good that you can transport because as thousand others they didn't make it into the game.

Train models are decent, and you can zoom in to take a look at actual passengers, which is a neat little feature, even though they don't do anything. Building tracks for them is almost too easy, and given the overall lack of challenge you won't put too much work into it. Upgrading your structures is another nice addition that you'll unfortunately never use, since having more than one terminal just shows the terrible pathfinding and AI you have to deal with.

TL;DR: Transport Fever 2 should be marketed as an idle game or a screen saver, not a management and transport simulation.

If you are interested in the concept and are not allergic to pixelated graphics, OTTD (open Transporter Tycoon deluxe) has you covered for free and is still unchallenged.
  10. Dec 16, 2019
    Consider this as TF 1.5 not 2. Nice improvements here and there, but whole new game? No.
  11. Dec 14, 2019
    Everything what made the first one good but better. Is it a perfect game? No.

Is it the best current transport game (with perhaps the exception being OpenTTD)? Definitely. If you like transport games this is your game.

10/10 if it had multiplayer.
  12. Jan 29, 2020
    Not good, not bad. But specifically for me this game is not for me .
  13. Dec 14, 2019
    Great Quality Sound
    Simple UI and HUD
    Better than Transport Fever
  14. Dec 11, 2019
    Really liked the game, the TPF2 come with new features like modular airports, stations etc, amazing graphics, lots of new vehicles, a better road system and a extra difficulty
  15. Dec 14, 2019
    So, nach 29 Stunden und zwei durchzechten Nächten gebe ich mal meine Eindrücke wieder.

Also die Kampagne/Turorial ist vorbildlich. Schön langsam, wird man ins Spiel und die x Menüs eingeführt. Dabei gilt es gestellte Aufgaben zu lösen wie, das Krankenhaus braucht Alkohol um die Gerätschaften zu reinigen, oder Besteck - welches erst noch hergestellt werden muss - wird auf einer anderen Insel benötigt. Dann darf man Rohstoffe zu Fabriken befördern, dabei Häfen errichten, nebenbei den Personenverkehr aufbauen usw. usw. Das ganze wird mit unterhaltsamen (optionalen) Bonusmissionen aufgelockert.

Die Aufträge bauen schön aufeinander auf. So kann man immer wieder schon erworbenes Wissen vertiefen und lernt neue Funktionen zu schätzen. Gehetzt wird man dabei nie. So kann man sich schön reinknobeln, wie man die Routen noch besser ausbauen kann. Die Zeit verfliegt dabei gerade zu.

Bin jetzt mit Kapitel 1 (von 3) fertig. Liegt also noch einiges vor mir. Normal schaue ich mir Kampagnen ja kaum in dem Genre an, sondern lege gleich mit dem Endlosspiel los. Hier aber wollte ich nur kurz reinschuppern und hab dann so viel Spaß daran gefunden, dass ich da erst mal voller Begeisterung weiter mache.

Auch sehr schön, sind die Texte der Aufträge, die mit herrlich ironischer Stimme vorgetragen werden. So z.B. "wenn wir schon Alkohol zum Krankenhaus liefern, könnten wir doch auch noch nebenbei etwas die Kneipen damit beliefern, damit die Arbeiter bei Laune bleiben und wegen der schlechten Bezahlung keinen Aufstand proben." Oder man muss gegen die jugendlichen Rowdies vorgehen. Was liegt da näher als ein romantisches Plätzchen auf dem Berg mit dem Landschaftstool herzurichten. Dann verlieben die sich garantiert, werden Heiraten und Kinder bekommen. Dann sind sie mit anderen Dingen beschäftigt als die Leute in der Stadt zu belästigen. *g*

So, das wars erst mal in Kürze. Muss weiterzocken. Die Baumstämme liefern sich nicht von allein. :-)
  16. Dec 17, 2019
    Je recommande ce jeu. C'est un jeu de gestions de transports et les graphismes sont bien. J'ai juste fait faillite dans le jeu libre mais ce n'est pas la faute du jeu. Et le jeu est plutôt facile.
  17. Nov 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While i really like this game cannot help but feel like it's just an expansion and if it's built upon properly it will be great but as it is it feels like a DLC with modding support but is currently relying too much on modders to better the game Expand
  18. Apr 24, 2021
    It's not even a game. There is nothing from logistics here. Maximum 10 buildings of the same type. The paths cannot be configured. Worst functionality in the world. It is not the player who plays, but the AI. There is no difference from 1 part. What is there to pay for?
  19. Dec 22, 2019
    Pre-ordered the game about a month before the release as I was impressed with the trailer but the whole month I wanted to make a refund because I was afraid that the game would be too difficult to learn, that there will need to think a lot and will not be able to relax!
    When the game came out I did not regret that he left her! The gameplay is very pleasant and meditative! At an easy level of difficulty, you can relax and enjoy the process. For what is happening in the city is very exciting to watch! The graphics are amazing! The music is great, a couple of melodies are my favorite) Some of them complain about crashes, I have over 20+ hours there was absolutely no problems with the game!
    Developers, well done! The game is very pleased and was a discovery for me!
  20. Dec 22, 2019
    На момент написания этого отзыва я уже наиграл 40+ часов. И вот что могу сказать... Лично мне игра зашла... Кампания аля обучение с небольшим касанием к истории... Расширения по генерации миров меня порадовали. Но здесь стоить упомянуть что чем больше мир тем игра прожорливые (это всё понимают). Тем ни менее даже на своем ноуте на минималках комфортно играется средних номеров мир 30-40fps.На момент написания этого отзыва я уже наиграл 40+ часов. И вот что могу сказать... Лично мне игра зашла... Кампания аля обучение с небольшим касанием к истории... Расширения по генерации миров меня порадовали. Но здесь стоить упомянуть что чем больше мир тем игра прожорливые (это всё понимают). Тем ни менее даже на своем ноуте на минималках комфортно играется средних номеров мир 30-40fps. Много транспорта перекочевало с первом части... И некоторые фишки. Но также добавил азиатскую ветку транспорта.. После релиза были и пока есть некоторые недочёты рускои локализации. Но не смотря на все плюсы и минуси я доволен потраченными деньгами. Expand
  21. Dec 17, 2020
    A mix of sim and tycoon. Very interesting mechanics worth trying to play them, but little information given, I had lots of moments where I couldn't move any further in progress.
  22. Dec 30, 2020
    7 Because some stuff are not realistic as I expected for example traffic lights appear in year of 1900 also cars are not year based for example I saw 1940s American cars while playing in 1920's.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 28, 2020
    Transport Fever 2 is minimalist, yet full of builder’s dreams. There aren’t many better transport sims.
  2. Jan 28, 2020
    Transport Fever 2 is a game that will be appreciated in the long term. No doubt it will evolve over several years with a very dense content that will have to be explored. At a time when the player is taken by the hand systematically and where frustration is only little accepted by the players, TF2 asks you to dig, to search and to experiment. A little more information on how to manage railway flows and crossings would probably have benn a good idea. But the satisfaction of seeing that everything is working properly, the optimization of lines and routes are all rewards for your efforts. The fever is going up and it's not because you're sick.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 15, 2020
    A paradise for train enthusiast although it doesn’t seem to follow modern city builder and tycoon trends. Some of the game mechanics were simply derailed. [02/2020, p.50]