8.3

1. May 17, 2013
    A basically very simple game. That can rightfully be accused of being rather shallow and repetitious. So why the hell im I still playing it after 50hrs? I think its because:
    1) Subject matter is cool My Space ninja is gonna slap ya crappy steampunk back into the 80's!
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel. 3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the
    2) Graphics Very good, and i like the rather bleak and moody feel.
    3) Gameplay is smooth and easy, as is the matchmaking. Missions are fast paced, but everyone seems chilled and tolerant of newbie starters.
    4) But mainly its because its fun to play. Controls are solid, as is the gunplay. Melee is a bit frantic, but there is nothing wrong with it.
    5) Its free (ish). But I don't think they quite understood the idea of MICRO transactions. The store is very expensive which I think will harm the game in the long run. Its probably at least double what most people would expect. Although I would normally buy some initial credits to support the game writer, here its just to expensive to feel comfortable with.

Overall, I think this is a great game to grab the odd 30mins on here and there. Play for free, and I cant see how you could be disappointed!
  2. Apr 2, 2013
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    *CLAPS* nicely done.... Crisis had sex with ninja gaiden and forth bread Warframe :D Lol that's how i see it anyways love it addicted to it, became my new daily play game XD
  4. Mar 26, 2013
    I've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) TheI've been playing the Warframe Closed Beta for more than a month, and this game ROCKS!! It's FtP, and was released on Steam within the last day or so, so now there's no excuse not to go and get it. The character ani's are very smooth, the tile sets are well-done, and the action is non-stop, especially in Co-op play. (The developers have said they have no plans to offer a PvP mode.) The leveling system recently underwent a massive change, which made the game more challenging. It also opened up a much wider spectrum of upgrade possibilities than was available previously. The game still has some small room for improvement, but it is a heck of a lot of fun to play--and it's FREE!! Strongly recommended. Expand
  5. Dec 1, 2014
    Хорошая игра, не требует много времени, все атрибуты современной MMO, хорошая картинка. Очень приятно, что игра не в фентезийном жанре, т.к. рынок по-моему уже перенасыщен фентези ММО.
    Очень приятно реализована система создания групп для совместного прохождения, грамотный донат.
    Постоянные обновления и ивенты, быстрая реакция разработчиков на баги и пожелания игроков. По-моему одна из
    По-моему одна из лучших ММО на данный момент.
  6. Jul 8, 2020
    This is a totally patience game if you are patient, this game is for you.
    I recommend an ideal game to play and chill with your friends. The controls in the game are a bit difficult, but it gets very easy when you get used to it.
  7. Aug 13, 2020
    Was looking for a fun, lightweight shooter to enjoy occasionally, without any constraints. That's what Warframe does well for me with the PvE component. Great content for value, I've gotten some cosmetics for the warframes I've played with and I'm going to continue leveling them up and acquiring more, but what I like most is that I can play at my own pace, whenever there isn't anythingWas looking for a fun, lightweight shooter to enjoy occasionally, without any constraints. That's what Warframe does well for me with the PvE component. Great content for value, I've gotten some cosmetics for the warframes I've played with and I'm going to continue leveling them up and acquiring more, but what I like most is that I can play at my own pace, whenever there isn't anything worth trying out and the game's economy doesn't punish me for wanting to play this casual. Good stuff.

It has great mechanics too. Fights are enjoyable, boss fights are mostly ok for the single player, though they get more difficult than I would have wished for. And the RPG elements are well done, they make me wish for more upgrades and customization options which kind of shows that they achieved what they are intended for.

It's not perfect, but offers a lot more value than games from other publishers that were released after it.
  8. Oct 23, 2020
    Been here from late open beta when artifacts/super jump was a thing. Seen ups and downs of seasons and yielding a massive 5.8k hours of playtime.

Not everything is perfect, but it is a game that rewards you for playing. Grindy for sure. Community is fine. Gamers choice, for those who seek more from games. The slight minus comes from content flood at start since not all can take on

The slight minus comes from content flood at start since not all can take on such massive amount of information that is spewed left and right from start to finish. Progression is confusing but streamlined with several "main" objectives of as planetary relays and main storyline mission, which opens up new aspects of the game. Speeding through the process can burn days or weeks. Which brings in the mastery system albeit the grind, mastery rank.

Mastery exp is gained from ranking up new weapons/frames/pets/sentinels/planetary progress etc. Mastery rank from 0 to 10 should be quite fast just from the planetary/relay progression alone, but there comes the free-to-play slower, slots for weapons/frames, premium currency platinum. Community can help you with that, but to earn that premium currency through free-to-play one must know little bit of trading and have mastery rank of 2 or more (daily trades determined by ones mastery). Almost everything in this game is craftable or possible to get from relics (randomized treasure which are awarded from playing the game), not to mention biweekly trader baro that brings its own wares of salt and exotic wares..

So you made past mastery rank 10? Congratulations, at this point you should have access to most of the content, but it has still more to give. This is but the start. but just enough.
    Last unlocks come at mastery rank 16, for the randomized riven mods.
  9. May 12, 2021
    One of the best f2p looter shooters out there. Tactical co-op, great looting system and it is also very acessible. So, if you are a new player and you're intimidated by sheer amount of content there is, you will find out that the game is actually very easy to learn and hard to master. The plot and the characters are nothing to write home about, but they do the job well. The only reason iOne of the best f2p looter shooters out there. Tactical co-op, great looting system and it is also very acessible. So, if you are a new player and you're intimidated by sheer amount of content there is, you will find out that the game is actually very easy to learn and hard to master. The plot and the characters are nothing to write home about, but they do the job well. The only reason i gave this game a 9 out of 10 and not 10 out of ten is because of the progression system. You don't get new characters by leveling up, you pay for them in a value that you can either grind or pay real money for. And that is warframe's only flaw, but as you can see this game is alive after 8 years and that is because of it's awesome core gameplay and new player frendliness. Expand
  10. May 5, 2021
    One of the best games to play. The developers are awesome people and they listen to players. The story and quests are amazing. One of the best parts is that its not pay-to-win at all, you only have to pay for some cosmetic items. Although there are many bugs I really enjoy this game and the developers keep improving it with new updates and they try to fix bugs as soon as they notice them.One of the best games to play. The developers are awesome people and they listen to players. The story and quests are amazing. One of the best parts is that its not pay-to-win at all, you only have to pay for some cosmetic items. Although there are many bugs I really enjoy this game and the developers keep improving it with new updates and they try to fix bugs as soon as they notice them. One of the best games I've played and I highly suggest everyone to play it. Expand
  11. Jun 29, 2014
    Well to me currently warframe is a really fun and addicting game they always have a frequent updates and new stuff just keeps being added and there is always something for you to do no matter what your doing.
  12. May 3, 2014
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The system is really great and they have frequent updates so it keeps getting better.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game. But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported. You should give it a try for sure, at the start it is hard to understand the game and what you can do. But check some
    Warframe is the best FREE mmo I have played so far.
    The only down site at this moment are the number of bugs in the game.
    But show stopping bugs get fixed fast if they are reported.
    But check some wiki pages, ask around and try it all out and it will be great!
  13. May 6, 2014
    I hate the way people say you have to spend money to play this game. Ive unlocked everything in the game with out spending a penny. It is a great game and is very enjoyable and at the end of the day it totally free. Not a penny is need to be spent
  14. Aug 14, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. TheI absolutely love this game. In Warframe, you can feel like the frame that you are playing as, is yourself. Yes it is true how you get farther by playing some of the same type of missions, but it's still fun to lvl up, and unlock all the GOOD weapons in the game. I usually play Warframe within a time frame of maybe 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending if I am playing with others or not. The leveling system in this game is unique within itself. You level your profile (or Mastery) rank, which allows you to unlock some of the later weapons, and there are the levels that your weapons gain over time. It is true that the game does get repetitive, but it's nice to always come back after a while. I do recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good game in Third Person. Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2014
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better. The lore is taking shape, the UI is more intuitive, new game play mechanics are being implemented and old ones improved or revamped among other positive changes that enhance the game experience as it continues to develop in Beta. The developers have a good reputation with the
    At the time of this writing, Warframe is at Update 14.

As this game develops, it gets better and better.

The developers have a good reputation with the players of the Warframe Community.
    They involve themselves in the forums, communicate to players via social media, and are also involved in the in-game chat. Working closely with the community, they have been able to tailor the game to what the players are looking for.

Being in beta, there is always room for improvement.
    With each update release, the game gets buggy but you can expect that with most games during update phases - especially online multiplayer games. Smooths out with the hot fixes.
    The game is not perfect yet but I gave it a 10 because of how much it has improved since the time of its release. I also gave it a 10 because of the relationship the developers have with the players.

I have been playing since closed beta but have only been actively playing since Update 9.
    I really like how much the game has changed and I think I will be playing for a while longer.
  16. Aug 12, 2014
    Great game. I've been playing since it came into open beta. I've sunk some money into it, but recently have been working on going at it with no extra cash put in. I've really enjoyed meeting other players, exploring constantly developing and dynamic content.
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't
    The graphics have impressed me since the first day I played.
    I've never felt like people were pushing me to do something I didn't want to do when I played, and I have been playing with lots of different types.
    Some people are jerks, but that's online game play for you.
    The core of the game lends itself very strongly to the player filling in time with fighting a lot, which helps the player fine-tune his or her game play.
  17. Aug 29, 2014
    I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made.I really admire this game because this is fun-to-play. It already lasted for 1 and a half years so it it a game where a lot of people play plus the developers progresses with their game with new updates thus hard work. The warframes designs are good, the weapons are strong and balanced, melee still needs some changes and improvements but its a good start, and the enemies are well-made. But the repetitive gamplay is the problem for players who get tired easily, but this is still being developed so in the future, this game be a more fun for players and maybe they can get a higher rating compared to now. Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2014
    extremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels andextremely underrated by "real reviewers" I read some of them and probably they didn't spend more that 5 min in know the game. So if you want some action game in 3d person , cooperative where you not only annihilate everything in your pat but also have huge section of characters , weapons , implementers and personalization you should try warframe. Also it have randomly generates levels and awesome events from time to time. Expand
  19. Jul 21, 2014
    Sorry, but i have to say something about this critics/comments. I played early beta, i earned things hardly in a poor environment. A bit frustrating to see it quite free when you come back after 6 months. I played all HL maps, i have all mods. I still enjoy discovering mod combos, team combos, weapons' feeling (there are soooo many different of them, really).

For those who say: It's a

For those who say: It's a repetitive grinding game, i'll say:
    Each major update (we are currently on the 14th) you have several new weapons, new warframes, new ennemies, new bosses, new maps, new game mechanics, new interface, new story, new Gameplay (!!!!), new mods........
    If you want a funny game that evolves REALLY, Warframe is, in my opinion THE BEST game you can reach. And you know what? It(s freeee... i see some bad ratings dated "2013". Come back here, and dare say the same thing. (Impossible, it's not the same game anymore). It's true.

If you are affraid about pay to win Games:
    You can get EVERYTHING without any dollar if you are perseverant, and have a lot of time to spend in a game.
    Plus, you CANNOT have everything with virtual money. In fact, you can only buy specific things with virtual money. You can spend 400000000 dollars, you will still have to play a lot to get resources, and craft, and up your rank...
    Plus you can actually trade virtual money with other players. So, you can get it without any dollar.

For those who say: "uh, mom, it's so hard, and this player in my party is so cheat that i'm sure he paid, it's unfair": Grow up. And remember: NINJAS PLAY (for) FREE :)
  20. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is only one thing you need to know about Warframe: It's free.

Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I say that Warframe is free, I mean, literally speaking, it is free. Still not clear enough? Alright, I'll elaborate. Apart from two different types of items - appearance items (such as skins and coloring pallets) and weapon/Warframe slots - it is possible for all players to access almost all types of in game items and entities (apart from a few that are no longer available to everyone). In this manner, it is possible for you to obtain every Warframes (characters or so to speak), every weapons, every non-visual-based items and the likes. Of course, there are conditions to fulfill, and obtaining everything will most likely take up a good portion of your time (isn't this what you are looking for?), but the point is, it is perfectly possible to play Warframe in the long run without paying a single cent. It's your choice.

So, what is Warframe? In this game, you are basically a character known as "Tenno" who fights battles within a futuristic solar system. You will be teaming up with 3 other Tennos (this is a 4 player co-op game) to complete missions laid out by Lotus, a female commander issuing you orders. Nah, she is nicer than your ex-girlfriend, so don't worry about that.

You will basically be facing three separate forces, Grineer, Corpus and the Infestation (think of the three races in Starcraft if you want to get a better idea). There are different types of missions, ranging from elimination, rescue, spy, to defense and rescue. As for weapons, basically you get to equip a primary weapon (rifle, shotgun, sniper and many others that are hard to categorize), a secondary weapon (categorization is hard for this as well) and a melee weapon (sword, mace, fist... you know the deal). As for your character, you will be using one out of the somewhat 10-ish (slightly less than 20, though the number is gradually increasing as more update comes by) Warframes. Each Warframe comes with different stats, such as self-repairing shields, like those in halo, health, energy (mana) and speed. Still, more importantly, each Warframe has its own unique set of 4 skills. These skills are great assets for the players as most of the times they will come in handy. One thing to note is that gender is preset, so those transsexuals don't have to fake their gender anymore, which is, well ... you decide if it's good or not. There are also mods (modifications) that you can insert into your weapons and Warframes to make them much stronger than they originally are.

Oh and there are parkour. Learn how to press "WASD" + "LShift" + "LCtrl" + "Space" in fluid coordination. It will be helpful and painful, but you will definitely need them.

Simple?

Unlike many co-op shooters, Warframe definitely has its merits. One of the most apparent distinction of the game is that it has a leveling system that can be found in most MMOs. You can level up both your weapons and Warframes to a maximum rank of 30. Moreover, you can rank up your mods as well to make them more powerful. In this way, Warframe won't be a simple "run-shoot-kill see-score go-sleep" type of game. Never. There are things more important than that.

Another merit of Warframe is that there are frequent updates. When I say frequent, I mean FREQUENT, as in one big update per month or so. There will be new game modes, Warframes, weapons, mods ... etc. I mean, come on, who thinks that L4D2 came too fast after L4D1 is released? I do. Who is still waiting for L4D3 after all these years? I am. Who thinks that Gabe Newell should fulfill the unsaid promise of completing the trilogies of Valve games? I do. Come on, we have been waiting for L4D3 and Portal 3 and HL3, and we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of waiting. This won't happen for Warframe though. The game has a gradual and comfortable pace of updating. You get new contents every now and then, and they usually blends well with the game. Usually.

Still, like most games, there are pros and cons of Warframe and I have to sincerely admit that there are shortcomings with this game when compared to other games. One major shortcoming (I won't say flaw) of this game is that it lacks a concrete story line. Apart from some trivial storytelling, there really aren't much of a tale going on. There are stories told, I'm not saying there aren't, but they are rather weak. I know, that is not their aim, and that is not really the point of Warframe, but compared to the rich (though monotonous) storyline of L4D and Portal, Warframe needs to good a better job here.

Also, the game can be rather repetitive. You know, this applies for most Coop shooters, so there really isn't much to say about this. Yeah, repetitive.

So, in general, try Warframe. It's free. If you don't like it, drop it. Simple as that.
  21. Mar 22, 2014
    The best game ever!!! No more to say... but if Metacritic needs a review with at least 150.... so: The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!The best game ever!!!
  22. Mar 23, 2014
    Good game and good team co op play. Always adding new things to the game. A lot of missions to play. A lot of weapons and war frames to customize with mods and colors.
  23. Apr 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is an amazing game!! Its got an amazing variety of characters, weapons, scenery, and gore!! And with an update to look forward to about every 2 months, nothing ever gets old! This game will always be a long lasting phenomenon!! XD Expand
  24. Jul 26, 2014
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play - great character customization - great modding system - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart. - allot of fun - frequent updates - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses. - Great tutorial and start to the game Cons - VERY
    Pros
    - amazing graphics
    - Free to play
    - great character customization
    - great modding system
    - Don't ever have to spend a cent of IRL money if you're patient and smart.
    - allot of fun
    - frequent updates
    - big variety of weapons war-frames and powers
    - random and very fun global events which usually have cool bonuses.
    - Great tutorial and start to the game

Cons
    - VERY repetitive maps. I don't find the actual gameplay to be repetitive at all, in fact the gameplay get's funner every time i play it, but the maps sure as heck are repetitive. dozens and dozens of different missions and i've only noticed about 5 unique maps.(keep in mind i haven't unlocked all planets but my statement still stands).

- No real story. When i first started playing it started off with a cool quest to hunt down someone who tried to capture you, and it seemed like this would lead into a really cool and interesting story. Unfortunately after you complete this quest, any remnants of a story disappears, and the game just becomes nothing more than hunting for loot to build more gear and doing the occasional event.

This game is amazing and has amazing potential. If a proper and immerse story and allot more unique maps are added. This will without a doubt be my favorite game of all time.
  25. Feb 14, 2018
    un juego muy bueno ya sea historia,armas, tipos
    de misiones, los mismos warframes,
    la musica en el juego es estupenda
    mayormente amo la cancion del segundo sueño.

para ser free to play es muy bueno me gusta la idea de
    obtener todo a esfuerzo porque si fuera facil seria aburrido.
    Me encanta!
  26. Jun 22, 2014
    It's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing theIt's a cooperative 3rd person action shooter with melee and RPG/inventory management elements. It's also absolutely one of the best examples of a free to play game out there. Spending cash on this game gets nothing that it unachievable by a non paying customer other than cosmetics. Market prices are expensive, but not on everything, just on the stuff that's a punishment for not playing the game(ie if you want to skip way ahead you're going to have to PAY for it. Either put in the game time or expect to pay a premium price). The items that really influence your experience(item and warframe slots and super chargers) are pretty cheaply obtained, and you can trade in game for the currency to do so from other players, meaning even a completely free player can purchase anything in the cash shop through dedication and trading. It's also extremely fun, you should be playing it right now. Expand
  27. Nov 3, 2017
    Played all the missions and they were good, first 5 were grinding, but they help you get to know the game. Most of the players will leave because of that. When plains of Edilon was announced I tried again and passed the grained mark and I met "The second dream" where I have never ever even imagine that it could turn something so huge . All in all it blowned my mined and after I played "ThePlayed all the missions and they were good, first 5 were grinding, but they help you get to know the game. Most of the players will leave because of that. When plains of Edilon was announced I tried again and passed the grained mark and I met "The second dream" where I have never ever even imagine that it could turn something so huge . All in all it blowned my mined and after I played "The war within" I said: "No way, not even that you showed me something awesome, but you even let me use it."
    But it has it's fall back, and that means a lot of bugs. Especiallythe Leviatantus that had inspired someone saying : "even I will close my weak points if I saw my brothers die." and after that I understand him, its not his fault, it is ours ;( .
  28. Dec 19, 2015
    Oh boy, this title deserves a new, more up to date metacritic site. It has come a long way since release. I have never played a game where the developers do such a great job of adding content on a regular basis. The game in itself is one of the best I've ever played. It has a steep learning curve for understanding mods, upgrades, crafting, etc, but it's well worth it! 11/10 easy
  29. Jan 8, 2018
    This game has first of all, style is spades. A very small team of just over 100 people have created what many Triple A titles could never hope to accomplish in 4 years. The combat is addictive, the loot system is fun, the systems are extremely deep and you can spend as little or as much time as you like customizing EVERYTHING. Also the story is great, it's free to play and this one isThis game has first of all, style is spades. A very small team of just over 100 people have created what many Triple A titles could never hope to accomplish in 4 years. The combat is addictive, the loot system is fun, the systems are extremely deep and you can spend as little or as much time as you like customizing EVERYTHING. Also the story is great, it's free to play and this one is ACTUALLY free to play as in you can make good progress without ever spending a dime. Pick this one up and give it a try, you won't be sorry. Expand
  30. Feb 22, 2014
    ITS FREE TO PLAY!!! Stunning Graphics !!! Amazing game play!! Easy controls, Full controller setup A+!! they do have big updates very often but atleast its always something cool and interesting there adding. Some levels are the same looking...but I don't complain about it...why?...because its free to play and I don't have to pay! so think about that before you give it a bad review!
  31. Aug 23, 2015
    Basically, it's a game where you become a space ninja in a super-advanced-parkour-space-and-time-rupturing-suit of your choice, where you are told by a lady in a silly purple hat to sabotage and kill anything that is not you.

This is probably my favourite free-to-play game of all time.
  32. Oct 25, 2015
    This is a big one. All these years and the game still healthy and amazing. People come, and go, and feel the need to return because this game is so unique and the developers are so involved.
    This game will definitively well-worth your play time. So much fun and excellent graphic effects, its really exciting.
  33. Sep 5, 2015
    With fun gameplay and great co-op, this is a great game to play with friends. The game has an insane amount of customization, from modding your gear to changing their appearance.

The game's combat is fun, and on later levels having a strategy is pretty important. For the most part the frame's are balanced, and there's a warframe to fit any playstyle. Even though the game is free to

Even though the game is free to play, it is in no way pay to win, and it has a great player economy. I always set goals for things I want to get in-game, which personally makes the experience even better.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants a fun co-op game to play with friends, or even if you just want to play with random people online.
  34. Aug 15, 2016
    warframe has probly the most fair ftp system in games atm . EVERYTHING except cosmetics ( and lots of em are) is available for FREE ! any of the whiney reviews left here are usually posted by players who have no clue or arnt prepared to actually read a forum or official site. ITS AN ARPG for gods sake ! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GRIND ! Too many whiney kids crying becase they have to actuallywarframe has probly the most fair ftp system in games atm . EVERYTHING except cosmetics ( and lots of em are) is available for FREE ! any of the whiney reviews left here are usually posted by players who have no clue or arnt prepared to actually read a forum or official site. ITS AN ARPG for gods sake ! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GRIND ! Too many whiney kids crying becase they have to actually work for things . and tbf the grind level is pretty small compared to games like PoE , WoW or pretty much any grindy game Expand
  35. Dec 17, 2015
    Free to play Loads of Content, Amazing detail to game and lore. Do the quests: some of the best sci-fi story you'll encounter in any game.
    Large updates every month, Bi weekly smaller updates.
    Live Developer streams with previews and Q&A.
    Most communication with players, via twitter, forums and ingame.
    Great Dev team makes happy gamers!
  36. Jul 3, 2018
    One of the greatest free to play games of our time, and most fair one. Warframe does not indulge in questionable and manipulative business practices a lot of other free to play developers do, it keeps monetisation fair and simple, clearly communicated and it's economy is player driven.

When picking up Warframe one should keep in mind a few things. - It's a BIG game. There is lots of

When picking up Warframe one should keep in mind a few things.
    - It's a BIG game. There is lots of stuff to do, lots of places to go, lots of game systems. It's easy to get overwhelmed if you rush too much and don't bide your time getting acquainted with said game systems.
    - It is a loot-centered game, in a sense spiritually similar to likes of Diablo, Destiny and many others. To get cool stuff you need to grind for it. That's the main gameplay loop, and there is no way (except platinum, but later on that) around it. You probably won't like it if you want everything given to you right away or with minimal effort.
    - Don't get turned off by platinum as fast. It is not exclusively obtained with real money as many ppl are conditioned to expect in modern gaming. Platinum can be traded freely between players for in-game items. That's where player driven market comes into play. You are free to trade with other players for platinum in exchange for mods, prime parts and other stuff you got. It is totally possible to obtain "platinum exclusive" unlocks and purchases without investing a dime into Warframe. It is really up to player's choice. While it may be tough very early on to obtain items of value, you will be able to get some pretty soon (depending on the pace at which you complete quests and learn the game). Plenty and more opportunities to make some platinum once you get a solid grasp of game's basics.
    - In addition to that (or if you think it's too much work) - game generously awards you with 75% platinum discounts every so often, and that platinum will last you a long time if you don't go spending it carelessly (or on easily farmable resources).
    - Don't get overly obsessed with "prime" stuff. Some of it may not be available at "this time right here and now" and you may have to wait or trade with other players to get it. It may be pretty expensive (platinum wise). But the point many new players miss is that you don't *need* prime stuff to participate in end-game activities. Is it marginally better? Yes. Does it look cooler? Up to personal taste. Do you *need* it? No, this feeling is called "want", not "need". Can you obtain it eventually? Most certainly yes! (except the only and one founders exclusive Excalibur prime and 2 weapons that came with it, but there is something else for excalibur fans, much cooler)
    - To expand on last point - prime stuff gets removed from loot tables every now and then, so you can't farm it anymore. Then it gets added back for some time again every so often, so everyone who missed it can get it again without utilizing player trading. Combined with the point about difference between "need" and "want" - you can either wait for it to become available again or trade with other players to get it here and now. It's entirely up to you to decide how much it's worth to you personally, and if you should wait or trade. If you think it's not worth platinum players asking for it - don't buy it off them, just wait. Inevitably it will be dropping once more and drop in price as well.

Overall it's an amazing game that truly shows how much a free to play game can achieve without resorting to manipulation, gambling and moral bankruptcy.
    It is definitely far from done yet, there may be some bugs every now and then (that so to say get fixed rapidly with hotfixes), there may be some gameplay elements that could be better (and surprise - they do get better as game goes on, for example movement 1.0 vs movement 2.0 update).
    I had this game on my radar since it's early days and looking back at the path behind leaves me immensely impressed. From really modest beginnings it got where it is, and it leaves me only more excited for what's to come.

My advice - give this game a fair chance to grow on you, and it most likely will. If you find out you're not into games of this type - you lose nothing since it's free, but you've at least tried the best game of this type out there.
  37. Jun 15, 2018
    This game is great, is the best free game that i played till today
    and it's a better game than some paid PC games as Destiny 2.

Digital Extremes did a good job with this game
  38. May 3, 2018
    THE gold standard for free to play looter-shooters that defined its own genre itself with free content updates and no loot boxes. Micro transactions are mostly aesthetic based and premium currency can be earned in game through its own trading system. Community is mostly friendly and approachable, I recommend joining a clan as soon as you start the game so they can show you the ropes, theTHE gold standard for free to play looter-shooters that defined its own genre itself with free content updates and no loot boxes. Micro transactions are mostly aesthetic based and premium currency can be earned in game through its own trading system. Community is mostly friendly and approachable, I recommend joining a clan as soon as you start the game so they can show you the ropes, the ins and outs and make friends to play with because the tutorial is bare bones. Expand
  39. Jun 11, 2018
    This game should get it's critic score reseted, or only count reviews after a certain time frame (2015 most likely), so that reviews referring to a game that was COMPLETELY different, don't distort the real score and perception of anyone checking metacritic. Warframe in it's actual form is a role model for a polished game with depth, and the metascore is OBJECTIVELY not accurate.
  40. Sep 24, 2018
    Warframe is far from mechanically perfect. But to me it is perfect. The visuals, the game play, the story, the voice acting, and THE COMMUNITY! I have never come across a community more welcoming and kind ever. 10/10 DE (Digital Extremes, the developers)
  41. Nov 5, 2018
    There's very little of negative I can say about Warframe and the developers Digital Extreme. As of this review I am confident saying that this is the best Free to Play game I have ever played.

We as gamers all have different expectations of the experience we wish to have playing our games. I understand this. But personally, I want to feel like I'm wanted in a game, especially in a multiplayer game such as Warframe.

Pros:
    - CONSTANT transparent updates from the developers through consistent live streams and media posts.
    - CONSTANT gifts in game as a thank you for playing, it truly feels like we are appreciated and wanted to be in the universe of Warframe.
    - Evolving gameplay and narrative arc that only expands on itself throughout updates.
    - Pushing their own comfort zones as a company to add aspects to the game in order to appeal to as many players as they can.
    - TOP NOTCH graphics for a free game, I'm consistently impressed with the beautiful lighting and effects of the world and the warframe abilities.
    - Microtransactions are NEVER forced or make you feel like they are necessary, because they aren't. You can literally purchase anything in the game for absolutely no money investment at all, truly miraculous.
    - Combat is fast and dynamic with lots of movement choices, weapon choices, and warframe choices

Neutral:
    - PvE centered game ( Many people enjoy PvP and I would be remiss if not mentioning that PvP in Warframe is...lacking ) However, they never claim to be anything but PvE focused.

Cons:
    - Sometimes there's VERY long patches of content draught, making the game get stale at times. I'm talking 9 months once with no content release.
    - At times the nature of a video game being a video game is that you can burn out on it, and it happens, no fault of the game or the devs. I've spent over 2000 hours in Warframe and I've pretty much gotten what I want out of it.
    - RNG RNG RNG RNG. Warframe is a drop table simulator, Everything you need is rng in the levels. You want a mod to drop so you can improve your weapons? rng You want a Warframe part to drop so you can build that shiny new character? rng You need a rare item to drop in a mission to build something? rng

All in all, I'd say you should truly give Warframe a very very fair chance, it's what I would call the Apex of F2P games out right now.
  42. Dec 21, 2018
    the game is fun fast paced their are so many characters aka warframes to choose each one has its own 4 abilites each one can be purchased or build using blueprint etc very fun with friends and many planets to play on
  43. Jul 17, 2017
    Warframe is an amazing game its exactly what you would expect from a massive online Shooter. There is so many thing to talk About The Gameplay is fantastic Wall running,Sliding and Aiming a 360 degree is really fun but also shooting like a classic third person or slicing like a melee fighter. also every weapons feel different and unique most of them at least. The universe is also reallyWarframe is an amazing game its exactly what you would expect from a massive online Shooter. There is so many thing to talk About The Gameplay is fantastic Wall running,Sliding and Aiming a 360 degree is really fun but also shooting like a classic third person or slicing like a melee fighter. also every weapons feel different and unique most of them at least. The universe is also really cool and kinda unique Human with Mental connection to Some robot that act like Space ninja with guns and Sword is kinda cool there is also the mods part which is great because you can upgrade your weapon and Frame without having to switch to something you don't like. Also the optimisation is Fantastic i almost never saw the game Run poorly except in some Hub area which is totally acceptable. Now the thing that must people will complain about the Grinding its a free to play game so the grinding must be or some **** Well its not bad at all i would even say its close from Path of exile in a way which is the sample when it comes to free to play. Yes you will have to repeat mission over and over again but there is so much variety in mission Types that it doesn't really get annoying Extermination,Rescue,Defense,Move the Payload,Space Battle,Sabotage, Find Data,Help Rebel Leave a station and Much more there is so much i can't remember them all. Also all level are procedural so the map change almost every time kinda like Diablo games does. There is as of right now 33 different warframe without counting their Prime version they have Different ability so kinda 33 classes. The give you a choice between 3 warframe at first And Excalibur the mascot is pretty much one of the best Warframes so see it the way you want. I have 80 hours clocked in and still enjoy the game very much i have seen some Full price game way worst than this i am Looking at you both Destiny and Division and even if you would want to play a certain Warframe you can buy a 51$ platinum pack for 1000 platinum average warframes cost between 300 and 500 platinum and buy the ones you like. Which game will give 80 hours of content and more for around 40$ and All the DLC's are include in its Free to play Form. They also are releasing a Open world in the next big update and guess what its Free. THIS IS HOW YOU DO FREE TO PLAY peoples Make the players want spend money on your game not Force the player to Spend money your game. I could keep on going but I would reach the words limit quickly PLAY THE GAME ! anyway its free what you have to waste also give him a chance like 10 to 15 hours to start really enjoy everything it as to offer. Expand
  44. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (PayThis game is amazing. Play it coop since the begining with friends and you will have a blast. If you like shooters (Like Halo, but 3rd person) and Diablo style games, you'll love Warframe. Plus , mostly everything can be obtained farming without expending cash, and even then, you have a daily chance to get free bonuses, which includes discounts up to 75%+ discount on platinum (Pay currency), so if you love the game like i do, you will buy some to support this amazing game. Really worth a try, one of my favorite online games along league of legends. Expand
  45. May 12, 2016
    The developers of this game is a shining example for the whole industry how to maintain and develop your game. The game has changed so much over time since release.
    The only negative I can think of is that the learning curve when you start out is quite steep. It takes a while to get to the point where you can craft your own stuff. But boy oh boy is it worth it.
  46. Sep 23, 2017
    Is free to play.
    Is not pay to win.
    You can farm everythin you need without using a single penny. You can also farm ingame currency if you use the market system. The gameplay is good. Fast paced, with a lot of options for minmaxing, fashion and stuff. The community is also quite good if you lurk their forums, often hosting events, challenges and cool stuff to do/see. Is a must
    Is free to play.
    Is not pay to win.

Is a must have in your steam library. After a couple of hour you'll ask yourself why you didnt play before.

This game is probably not a 10/10 but im giving it anyway because every update brings more to the table, is my most played game on steam and is fun as hell even if it has some flaws.
  47. Sep 24, 2017
    After many years Warframe become true grind masterpiece. After 360 hours I'm still log in every day and play Warframe all my free time. This qame is not for all. It's too complex for a casual player. But if you a fan of a complex, deep and interesting game you will love it.
  48. Oct 28, 2017
    Coming from the Destiny series, it is amazing how refreshing this game is. The main difference is the people who made this game RESPECT YOU. They don't try to exploit you at every chance to extract money, and it isn't spread trying to please everyone.
  49. Oct 28, 2017
    This is the best F2P games i ever played, has good graphics and an awesome gameplay with a stunning diversity of weapons and missions, and have a lot of updates, adding new weapons and mobs to kill and items to get.
  50. Oct 28, 2017
    Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. One of the best free to play games I've played. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo. #WarframeBrazil
  51. Oct 28, 2017
    Vim pelo #WarframeBrasil, é um ótimo jogo, precisa de muuitas horas para conseguir pegar e terminar todas as jornadas, tem um gráfico ótimo, eles trabalham também para não ser tão pesado e rodar em vários PCs diferentes, além de gratuito e de não precisar colocar a mão no bolso para conseguir as coisas, até o cash do jogo pode se conseguir trocando com outros jogadores.
  52. Dec 5, 2017
    Cara, não tem o que falar desse jogo, apenas jogue!!!
    _________________________________________
    Man, i do not have to talk about this game, just play !!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  53. Jan 7, 2019
    This is the type of game that you could play for hours and not realize time is passing. Very rarely do i find a free game so good that is amazing. Although because of the really long grind that requires you to go on auto-pilot for hours in order to progress in the game i can't give it a 10.
  54. Feb 23, 2019
    Developers are amazing, this game is really child of love ;) It can be little chaotic for new player, but they improving it all the time. They listening to the players and changeing the game all the time. Nice co-op playing, some missions have really great story, and the locations looks promissing, Eidolon and Orb Vallis doing the great job. And more content are in making. DefinitellyDevelopers are amazing, this game is really child of love ;) It can be little chaotic for new player, but they improving it all the time. They listening to the players and changeing the game all the time. Nice co-op playing, some missions have really great story, and the locations looks promissing, Eidolon and Orb Vallis doing the great job. And more content are in making. Definitelly worth playing. Expand
  55. Feb 25, 2019
    Not copying any game directly and making good content for completely free. Very good devs who are close to the community and listen to it. after 1000h play time I still find it fun and there is still more stuff to do. Not even speaking off new updates that bring new things to do, so you never run out of fun.
  56. May 9, 2019
    Best of the best. Great gunplay, great abilities, customizable in every way, amazing lore, impressive graphics and skins. The biggest downside is that the new player experience doesn't leave you with much direction, and the best missions that contribute to the lore and the player's understanding of the world don't come until much later on. If you enjoy this type of game you will be blownBest of the best. Great gunplay, great abilities, customizable in every way, amazing lore, impressive graphics and skins. The biggest downside is that the new player experience doesn't leave you with much direction, and the best missions that contribute to the lore and the player's understanding of the world don't come until much later on. If you enjoy this type of game you will be blown away at the amount of content that you get for free, and will be HAPPY to buy some cool skins to help support the devs (and the fellow players who also get a portion of the proceeds from the skins they designed). If you love Diablo 2 style looters and 3rd person shooting, you will love this game. Great community. Expand
  57. Feb 13, 2014
    Normally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad thatNormally I don't write reviews for F2P games but, this game is a really great game to play! The graphics are pretty good for a F2P game, that I'll give it a 8/10. The gameplay is fast pace but, most levels are the same which I believe the reason is due to the enemy's "base" or "home planet" but, it does change once getting to the outer solar system and I'll give it a 7.5/10. I am glad that his game isn't just only a PvE only kinda game but, it also has a PvP which gets pretty fun. The best part of this game is that it gets updates almost every day which is really surprising and that I'll give a 10/10 on how active the developers are. The only thing missing is MUSIC! If the developers can just put must or battle music and even on boss battles it would be perfect!

Over all I'll give Warframe a 10/10 and I recommend to play this game with friends.
  58. Feb 7, 2014
    Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.GoodGood game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game.Good game. Expand
  59. Feb 19, 2014
    Never seen such an awesome game in quite a while. And it's free! I has a very fluent and forward gameplay, and I just love bashing out through the maps AoE'ing people with skills and doing parkour really fast.
    The history concept of the game is very well defined, as it resembles a war of races through the universe, having the planets as fighting pits.
    However, it's kind of difficult to

However, it's kind of difficult to become really strong because of it's highcost micro-economy. Without some platinum, you harshly can get new weapons and/or characters, as well as a lot of customization. So in that way, it gets limited.

But hey, it's free. Has mindblowing graphics. And we can't get everything can we?
  60. Sep 6, 2014
    It's a game about space ninjas destroying space nazis and futuristic EA representatives. I don't think I need to say any more here.

SPACE NINJAS.
    IN SPACE.
    WITH SPACE GUNS
    FIGHTING SPACE CLONES AND SPACE MERCHANTS AND SPACE ZOMBIES.
    IN SPACE.
  61. Jan 14, 2016
    With Update 18 "The Second Dream" Digital Extremes surprised with a lot of new content like a solid story line, new environments, weapons, warframes and more.

For me as an founder (playing since the closed beta) i can really understand that many people criticize(d) issues like bad AI, melee system, being forced to spend real money and other stuff. I can all agree with them. But the

I can all agree with them. But the game as a whole has continously improved.

Improvements (Pro):

1) Clans, Relais (trading/ interaction with other players)
    2) improved AI
    3) individual moves for all kinds of weapons, overall new stamina/ damage/ skill system
    4) quests which grant you access to new frames, weapons equipment and least but not least A STORY.
    5) almost no necessity to spend real money since almost everything, beside accesoires and decoration,
    can be obtain from farming/ trading
    6) areas like the Void (unique drops) can now be accessed without spending money for keys (5)

Points of criticism (Con):
    1) still a pain in the arse to farm some rare ressources
    2) minor bugs
    3) repetitive map design on some tilesets
    4) it takes a lot of time to craft some wepons or other equipment
    5) the game isn't very self explaining and thus very confusing for new players
    6) some ressources can only be obtained by checking "alerts" which grant you the cance to farm your
    desired stuff... so check the alert section all the time
    7) to get more weapon/ warframe-slots you HAVE to spend money (i think 3 slots for frames, primary,
    secondary, melee)

Conclusion:
    So in the end i would say Warframe is a very good game afterall. Of course there are a lot of points to criticize, but it's F2P. If you have any problems ingame you will always get help from other players (personal experience). Allthough Warframe is a very simple game it is still fun to play (solo or coop), because you have a variety of playstyles to choose from and a now very solid storyline to follow.

with kind regards
    Littletoast
  62. Jul 26, 2016
    Warframe gets by on style alone. Keep that in mind when you fight a boss or clear a mission 20 times in a row to get that one weapon part that won't show it's face. This game is grindy and tedious and repetitive and even a bit glitchy at times. But why do I, as well as millions of other people enjoy playing it so much? Style. Any other game would pull the aforementioned grind offWarframe gets by on style alone. Keep that in mind when you fight a boss or clear a mission 20 times in a row to get that one weapon part that won't show it's face. This game is grindy and tedious and repetitive and even a bit glitchy at times. But why do I, as well as millions of other people enjoy playing it so much? Style. Any other game would pull the aforementioned grind off horribly. It takes a team like the one at Digital Extremes, the developers of Unreal Tournament, to make this work. Warframe is one of the only games where you can front flip forward and land on your sword lodged in a space nazi and pump his buddies full of shotgun shells that explode. The combat is fast fluid and fun. The graphics are marvelous even on the lowest settings possible, and it's free to play. The words Free To Play usually has a stigma behind it, as it usually can mean, "Pay-To-Win". Warframe is more along the lines of "Pay-To-Win-Faster", as nearly everything in the game can be acquired without spending real money. Sure, you can buy one of the best guns in the game, but then you still have to level it up, fit it with the appropriate mods, level up the mods, and learn how to use it to the best of your ability.

So in conclusion, This game barely get by with an 8, only because it has had enough content and fun and style to keep me on it for nearly 1000 hours now.
  63. Dec 21, 2016
    Gotta love the HUGE disparity between user review score and critic review score.

In general, I hate first-person shooters. I love Warframe, and it keeps getting better and better because it's a constant work in progress. A lot of the original complaints about the game -- repetition, relatively few levels, uninspired bosses, etc. are being addressed and disappearing. Many of the bosses are incredibly unique and require some creativity, not just having maximum levels and equipment and aiming skills, in order to beat them.
    Think Halo meets Ninja Gaiden.

What I love about Warframe that sets it so far apart from other shooters is the mobility the Tenno have (bullet jump, double jump, run along and up walls with no limits, gliding descent) combined with the strong diversity of strategies. You have your heavy armor Tenno who can power through a bullet blizzard while mowing down hordes of hideous Grineer with a giant axe, you have the master of deception that can get them all shooting at the wrong target while picking baddies off by the dozen with a modded sniper, a Tenno who can unleash an ability that makes all the baddies shoot at each other, and many, many others, all of whom are roughly equally viable when you get the strategy right.

Graphics are really freaking good for a free-to-play game. Great use of my graphics card. Looks like it actually belongs on PS4/XB1 instead of being simplistic crap you usually get with F2P.

And it's not "pay to win" because you can't buy levels, can't buy experience, and can't buy your way into the next areas. Everything that's available to buy can also be farmed, with the exception of decorations. It's "pay to skip farming," which can get repetitive if you're trying to build up to make something specific. But I guess that's what keeps you playing -- that there's more to keep getting. Also, increasing Mastery Rank requires building up affinity with many different pieces of equipment, so not only are you rewarded for trying out multiple different loadouts and strategies, you *have to* try out different loadouts and strategies if you want to progress further in the game. You won't like every single loadout, but it turns out it's really more a matter of style and which enemies you're facing than it is a matter of "there are only a few good weapons and Tenno."

The best Free to Play game available on any platform. 100% recommend.
  64. Sep 11, 2017
    Warframe teaches you that failure is the beginning of a success.
    It started as a typical grinding Pay to Win F2P game. But right now it makes the people who have time but don't have the money and the vice versa at equal footing...
  65. Sep 25, 2017
    This game is one of the most outstanding and breathtaking games i've ever played, This deserves more attention and a much higher score on metacritic dew to how much it has changed in the 4 years since this review was made. The game has such an amazing lore to every thing in it and the quests are just perfect.
  66. Oct 28, 2017
    MORE THAN 1800 **** HOURS IN THE GAME, Best Game Ever. Really great game. It has large updates that are put out each month. It keeps getting better. Very polished gameplay. I would highly recommend experiencing it with your friends as it was meant to be played cooperatively and it's a far more fun than when played solo.
  67. Oct 28, 2017
    Melhor jogo cooperativo tps da atualidade atualizações cada vez mais imersivas, campanhas interessantes e historias envolventes parabéns Digital Extremes..
  68. Feb 26, 2018
    I'd like to start this review with a quick message to Digital Extremes, the developers of this game:

Thank you. This game was rejected by big names, and the devs almost went bankrupt, but they decided to put more in it. It went into the shadows and started to grow silently, away from advertisement, only being found through a search box. It grew, and grew, and grew, until one day:

Thank you.

This game was rejected by big names, and the devs almost went bankrupt, but they decided to put more in it. It went into the shadows and started to grow silently, away from advertisement, only being found through a search box. It grew, and grew, and grew, until one day: October 8th, 2017, where Steve Sinclair, the video game director of Warframe, decided to make it explode, and recorded a few seconds of the Plains Of Eidolon teaser in Times Square, NYC, then it went supernova. Plains Of Eidolon update was sent out, the community basically doubled, and the players were satisfied.

I've been playing since June 11th, 2017, and I've been having a blast, and have recently sworn to no longer spend money on Warframe and grind for it all, and I'm glad I did that because it made my experience, my enjoyment, with the game skyrocket. The AAA visuals of the game, the only game that doesn't drop frames when lagging, the customization of everything (which if there was a thing called too much customization, Warframe breaks out in laughter at that), the platinum economy (platinum, Warframe's premium currency) through trading, the community, and it as a whole just impresses me, and the devs, unlike other developers, actually communicate with their players through things like Twitter and the forums. The content releases are free, and the only things you're spending money on is what you want. You see something you want, you purchase it, and you move on.

Overall, this game made me want to support them, and I'm willing to support them however I can.
    This is my Warframe review.
    Thanks for reading,
    Specter.
  69. Jun 3, 2013
    Let me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think theLet me clarify: levels are randomly generated everytime- It takes an hour of gameplay to realize this. Running out of lives doesn't mean you can't play anymore- you just can't revive for the level if you die after being incapacitated and you're not saved by teammates in time. No gameplay changing content is locked from free players- It's all behind random drop tables.. And if you think the grinding and crafting systems are harsh, let me tell you you haven't played enough F2P games.
    You should take Warframe for what it is- a run'n'gun time with friends whenever you have a break. and how comes none mentioned the stunning particle effects? It looks like a tech demo at times!
  70. Mar 20, 2019
    Actual Review:
    Actual Review:
    The game-play on this game is quite frankly, amazing. "Space Ninja" is often the name that gets out and it's pretty accurate. You shoot, slide, jump, jump+slide, then kill people (or whatever they are) and It's really, reallyyyyy, smooth. If you you know Anthem (that game by EA, which you know, crap), think of the ideas and hopes people had in that game and you get this game and even better, FOR FREE. It is a 3rd person looter shooter game with a great melee system. I suggest watching YouTube game-plays as my words cannot describe how amazing it is.
    The story is, well, non-existent until the second dream quest (mid way?) where it is pretty well made.
    The devs has stuck with the game for quite some time now, and they actually just released an update to the melee system just now. Also the game HAS ITS OWN CURRENCY CIRCULATION, you can buy in game money (plat) but you can get it for free, which i address in the "addressing neg reviews" part
    It's quite daunting at first though, you will have to be a pretty good researcher, which I thought was stupid until I was a full straight week playing the game alt-tabing between wiki and the game like a freaking god. It's pretty fun for me, can't say how it will be to you but give it try, i know I was suprised.

Addressing Neg Reviews.
    I really hope people give it more time and actually understand the game. A lot of the negative reviews seem (not sure though) to only be at early game and not actually experiencing the entirety of the game. Frankly, they don't understand it. They say that the currency is crap. You buy $20 of real money to get platinum or plat which is worth a "cheap warframe" and not worth it. Here's the thing, YOU CAN GET PLAT WITHOUT PAYING A DIME, once you understand how it works. One, NEVER buy warframes, or anything really in the in-game store. Where then you ask? You buy them from other players using plat, which you get by selling parts. That is the beauty of the game's currency, they get circulated around the players, it doesn't just disappear. You farm parts which isn't that long, then go to chat and sell of those parts for plat. PEOPLE BUYS THEM. Which gives you platinum to buy from other players. This game is completely free to play, since you can get the buyable currency from other players. Two, the "grind" to get desired warframe or weapon isn't as long as it seems, as there's two ways to get it. The first being the obvious, you farm the necessary parts and build it, which does take a while depending on the warframe/weapon since your farming specifics. The second is a lot faster; you still farm but not necessarily towards the thing you want. Farm any prime parts instead, then sell the items you get and not want through the marketplace and get plat. Then buy the parts, also from other people. I wanted to get this out there because people see the prices and compare it to real money, "ohh it cost $1000 bucks for one single mod?" Yes you can do that if your an idiot or want to support the devs, or you can play the game (Which really is one of the best looter shooter there is to date: 2019) and sell the parts you don't want, they buy the things you do.
  71. Mar 29, 2016
    Stunning graphics, crisp gameplay...most importantly..its free. Must admire the scalability to different platforms. Love the mods, love the details. Just stick to local LAN or campaigns.
  72. Jul 23, 2018
    After playing this game after a few years since i downloaded it as my first game to my pc (in 2015) today (2018) after playing a ton of hours into the game i realized that this is one of the best games out there !!! There is a ton of stuff to do, the developers always update the game with new stuff (such as new open world areas, story, loot, etc...) for fu*king free !!!!! The people inAfter playing this game after a few years since i downloaded it as my first game to my pc (in 2015) today (2018) after playing a ton of hours into the game i realized that this is one of the best games out there !!! There is a ton of stuff to do, the developers always update the game with new stuff (such as new open world areas, story, loot, etc...) for fu*king free !!!!! The people in activision would have died to make a great game such as this ! and i have been a huge fan of destiny (but after the problems with destiny and their money scam and **** dlc and a ton of problems and the huge hate on the game, this is what you should be playing the updates are better than all the destiny dlc and there is a ton more to do in warframe than in the whole destiny saga !!!!) and this game makes destiny look like **** ! i mean i have a ton of good stuff to say on warframe just download it already !!! its free !!! and the developers of this game are just asking for a big community to play this game !!! and so far its looking great !!! its a 10/10 for me ! Everything is fun and rewarding and i defiantly adore Digital Extremes !!! I should bow to them for this game and put destiny in the trash !!!!! Expand
  73. Oct 21, 2018
    This game is extremely good and keeps pulling you in for even more grinding and can lead to new friends and moments,at 300 hours i thought i would be bored and take a break,434 hours later and i still haven't gotten bored so far though the content drought is pretty long its usually worth its wait and even then roaming around and being this entity of death is pretty fun especially if yourThis game is extremely good and keeps pulling you in for even more grinding and can lead to new friends and moments,at 300 hours i thought i would be bored and take a break,434 hours later and i still haven't gotten bored so far though the content drought is pretty long its usually worth its wait and even then roaming around and being this entity of death is pretty fun especially if your pc is extremely beefy,so overall if you are able to get warframe,get it right now it's free Expand
  74. Dec 15, 2018
    it takes a long time to suck you in,the story is next to garbage,but at least you have the option to not even look at it.lots of grinding and waiting,being rich and spending money on this game helps.despite what people are saying,the game does not have ''fair'' monetization,simple things like accessory packs can cost like 45€ which is rather **** least the games premium currency isit takes a long time to suck you in,the story is next to garbage,but at least you have the option to not even look at it.lots of grinding and waiting,being rich and spending money on this game helps.despite what people are saying,the game does not have ''fair'' monetization,simple things like accessory packs can cost like 45€ which is rather **** least the games premium currency is trade-able.would recommend this if you have lots of spare time and are looking for a new game to sink it into Expand
  75. Nov 9, 2013
    All I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versionsAll I can really say about Warframe is that it is stupidly addictive fun. Any game that keeps me coming back for more than five hundred hours is well worth my money. I began my playtime with Warframe telling myself that I wouldn't spend any money due to the fact that ALL weapons and frames in the game can be acquired through in game currency and crafting, minus slightly up-scaled versions of a few starter weapons for people who help found the game. This philosophy lasted about fifty hours, until I realized that it was going to keep bringing me back. A hundred dollars later I don't regret a thing. Expand
  76. Dec 10, 2013
    Warframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playingWarframe is an amazing game. It is, in my opinion, one of the best looking games to come out in the last 3 years and supplements extraordinary graphics with smooth and well integrated combat mechanics. The card-based upgrading system is simple yet effective and offers an astounding number of combinations allowing the player to customise his/her warframe to suit personal playing preferences.

The world is vibrant, colourful and you really feel like you are exploring a future solar system.
    Coop gameplay is really where the game excels. Playing with friends is addictive and fun. I have personally sunk more than 100 hours into such games with my friends and the experience has never gotten old.

A great game and definitely worth the money.
  77. Jun 22, 2013
    a great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as theya great free to play game, and it is free to play you dont have to spend any money, all the items that you think you need money for are gotten through playing alert missions or seven day login reward. you are only given a limited colour pallet but its enough. th graphics are great. the game play feels polished and is responsive. it is still a beta but there are constant updates as they add more to the game keeping it fresh. it is well worth downloading and hey its free and still better than a lot of games coming out now for cash Expand
  78. Mar 28, 2013
    Fun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don'tFun, fast-paced combat, strong tactical elements, good graphics, and it's very easy to run. Plus, co-op online games are hard to come by. Awesome art direction; it kind of reminds me of the Rengoku psp games, but obviously with higher production values. And this is free! You really can't go wrong with free, especially since the game so far seems to be genuinely high quality. Don't let the people who play the first two missions and dislike it discourage you; the first couple missions are basically extended tutorials, and are kind of boring. It starts ramping up after that. Expand
  79. Mar 28, 2013
    Really fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or badReally fun game, really fast-paced, and with a shockingly good style. It doesn't feel like a free game at all; it's polished and responsive. However, it is free. It gets a little repetitive after a while, but not enough for me to bother knocking off a point. It's also only like 1.2 GB, so the download is fast. Usually games with small downloads have either minimal content, or bad graphics. Not the case here; there's tons of content, and the graphics are actually quite impressive. It looks better in person than the screenshots do, because of all the nice specular effects, reflections, and glowing things.

Also, you can wall-run, and it doesn't even feel like a cheap anime wall-run. Any game that manages to make wall-running seem serious and realistic deserves cookies.

Keep in mind, I also enjoyed Rengoku and Dark Souls, two games known for requiring long, difficult persistence to get anywhere meaningful, so this game may seem monotonous to you if you played Dark Souls or Rengoku and thought they were boring.
  80. Jun 3, 2013
    What I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity inWhat I like about the game: Visual is important, and this game freakin’ delivers. It’s beautiful from loading to menus to actual game play. If it looks like crap to you, get a new pc. It’s extreme sci-fi with laser gun fighting ninjas. Yea, no kidding. I like the over-the-shoulder play style, and the melee is a BLAST! This is because the second best piece of this game is the fluidity in player movement. You can move with basic controls forward, back, left, right, mouse to aim or combine keys for additional moves like sprinting into a slide (which btw, makes you look awesome), jumping on the back of enemies to slit their throats, and even wall-walking. When you start off, you can choose between three ‘classes’ and after a short tutorial, you’re careening through the solar system. The Lotus system is decent, the objective map is helpful, and the enemies aren’t complete morons they’ll duck and hide and move according to where you are and hiding. Not to mention, the upgrade options for your warframe and weapons are simple to use and fun and there’s always blueprints you can find or purchase to build with components you find in certain parts of the system. God dang, there’s too much to say!! There’s clans you can create with your own clan dojo, you can play with friends (up to 4 at a time), solo or join random players. There’s a market to buy and trade stuff and.. and… and…. it’s friggin' ninjas in the future with dyable suits!!! Did I mention this game is free? 100% free? Free to download, free to play, free to level. Paying only speeds up advantages you’ll otherwise find yourself. OH… and it’s run through Steam! cheers!

What I don’t like about the game: Sometimes the Lotus chick feeding you info is dumb and annoying and tends to repeat the same things map after map. This is a small complaint though, because even if her comments aren’t exactly original, they are helpful and accurate. There is a lot to learn in a short amount of time what storage containers and canisters do, what the objects are for (cuz there’s a crap ton), and dealing with the menus. None of these are deal breakers however, they just require a slight learning curve. The only thing that drives me crazy over this game is the lighting contrast. In some ships it’s meant to be dark and it’s a little difficult to navigate through. But then in training sequences or promotions, the blinding WHITE is painful and most of us (friends included) just sped through it to make the bleeding from our eyeballs stop!

Would I recommend it: It’s FRIGGIN free!!! What is wrong with you? Login to Steam, search for it and download it. No seriously. NOW. Even if you hate it, it’s worth a try. Please note: It’s currently in Beta and updates frequently, but for a Beta it’s very complete and you won’t give a crap.

//Made G-Rated for Metacritic
  81. Jul 8, 2013
    ich finde das spiel echt genial wenn man sich seine 20 stunden yeit nimmt um es kennen zu lernen es gibt ständig events coole waffen hammer skills und eine gute flüßige spielweise es errinert mich ein wenig an GUNZ Online nur das dies hier viel gelungender ist
  82. Oct 10, 2016
    PerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfectPerfect Expand
  83. Oct 28, 2017
    Within the last month this game has gotten me to dump 150 hours into it already, more than I usually play other games all combined. Its a F2P but you wouldn't necessarily guess that hopping in for the first time. There is no pay to win system, and everything including the 'premium currency' can be earned without paying a dime. Having a group to play with makes it much better. ItsWithin the last month this game has gotten me to dump 150 hours into it already, more than I usually play other games all combined. Its a F2P but you wouldn't necessarily guess that hopping in for the first time. There is no pay to win system, and everything including the 'premium currency' can be earned without paying a dime. Having a group to play with makes it much better. Its rather grindy but thats the kind of genre its supposed to be. For people who like games like Borderlands, Destiny, and PoE. And since I'm writing this at the same time that Destiny 2 is newly released on PC, this game has loads more content and reasons to keep playing that Destiny. The only thing I'd give this game on Destiny 2 is the overall polish and graphics. Besides that, this F2P game blows a triple A title like Destiny 2 out of the water and if anything exposes how complacent the gaming community has become with these huge publishers just recycling assets, slapping a new title on it, adding some micro transactions, and calling it good. Give you money to a dev team who truly cares about their playerbase and continues to innovate instead of making money grabs. Expand
  84. Jan 20, 2014
    Excelente jogo, de início é difícil e confuso, porém com persistência o jogo se torna realmente gratificante. Como a maioria fala é um pouco repetitivo, porém a quantidade de classes compensa, assim como a recompensa que se tem ao subir de nível. Consegui pegar todos os Warframes sem gastar nenhum centavo, é difícil como já falei, mas muito legal quando consegue.
  85. Oct 15, 2014
    Having played it for a decent period of time (and having died A LOT), I feel that this game takes the Free to Play system and turned it into an amazing game.
    The graphics are more or less flawless (even my graphically challenged laptop could run it to where it was a beautiful game).
    The parts where you can use money are for gear that you can build for free with time and energy. The
    The gameplay is explained enough through the tutorial to where a fresh beginner can play it casually to understand the basics and still enjoy the game (many top-notch F2P games like DotA 2 struggle in this aspect)
    The story is interesting and the characters likable- even in aspects where the game gets repetitive (at least in my experience...) the game still manages to be very enjoyable (unlike many other top-notch games that focus on repetition... I'm looking at YOU World of Warcraft...). I don't mind slaughtering the same horde of Grineer a few times, I need the materials on the planet and I enjoy the massacre. Sometimes I go just for the genocide.
    Even more fun with friends.
    My only complaint is that I wish there was a 5th slot- my DotA 2 team recommended this game to me but I can't play with the whole team... there's 5 player slots in DotA.

One of the best games I have ever played and my second favorite game for the PC. (Second only to DotA 2 in terms of my preference.)
    10/10 Can't wait to put more hours into it.
  86. Oct 16, 2014
    Great game super fun with friends never played anything like it i love the large updates i runs fantastic on all computers i have tried it on and has beautiful level design
  87. Jun 28, 2015
    Wow the critics reviews really suck. In my opinion its a damn well done free to play title for PC. The customization and load-outs of what you can be is just awesome. the game also allows you to progress though so many damn planets alone or with a pal. It does sort of suck having to dig into a lot of planets to get a certain item that is available of the pay wall side but its nothing thatWow the critics reviews really suck. In my opinion its a damn well done free to play title for PC. The customization and load-outs of what you can be is just awesome. the game also allows you to progress though so many damn planets alone or with a pal. It does sort of suck having to dig into a lot of planets to get a certain item that is available of the pay wall side but its nothing that stops you from actually having a long length of quality fun. Its probably the first free to play that doesn't rob my wallet. Expand
  88. Dec 9, 2017
    It's a rare thing to see a game mature like Warframe. And all these years the game have remained a free-to-play game. When it all began it were a 'simple corridor shooter' and now in 2017 it's still a corridor shooter - but a deeply satisfying and polished upgrade of what emerged with the launch of Playstation 4. Actually, it's more than that. Warframe got a tremendous amount of content inIt's a rare thing to see a game mature like Warframe. And all these years the game have remained a free-to-play game. When it all began it were a 'simple corridor shooter' and now in 2017 it's still a corridor shooter - but a deeply satisfying and polished upgrade of what emerged with the launch of Playstation 4. Actually, it's more than that. Warframe got a tremendous amount of content in form of deep lore, astounding relations between developers and fanbase, with user generated content which is managed in a great way, a vast blend of objectives, quests, frames (essentially characters), an enormously satisfying grinding, looting and farming for stuff. And its in game economy is unheard of - yes, you'll find micro transactions - but it's literally the opposite path of actual trading and relic farming that's the beauty of it. The game is free and all high-end gear can be farmed with great satisfaction or traded between players in a working, mature ingame-economy.
    So, why aren't everyone playing Warframe? I believe that when most picked it up, that is Year 1, the game still remained in a simple alpha-state, and now - get this - it's in beta and on par with AAA-titles. The only current flaw is that the entity of the game in its current state is so deep and overwhelming for new players that it can be hard to just get in there and wing it. Fortunately Warframe got one of the most supportive players ever, eager to explain stuff to newcomers. I picked up the game last year and, with a short break for Destiny 2, actually kept on playing - and I still learn things from it. If you're intrigued by this, I highly recommend to go on Youtube and watch one of the many introduction-videos. And while you're doing that, I also recommend that you start downloading it, and that you start playing it because it's a hidden gem in plain sight. Free-to-play. Hard to stop playing it.
    Development is constantly evolving. And fast. The latest addition is the open-world Plains of Eidolon, which is available very early in the game, and it's huge. This is very appealing to some, former Destiny players mainly, but the action in the game as a whole will surely take you by surprise once you start trying it out for yourself. Simple corridor running or not.

Reviews should be rewritten by the press. Your actions have consequences.
  89. Oct 13, 2017
    Game Review – Warframe
    Game Review – Warframe
    Plot – Warframe follows an ongoing narrative of the development of an evolved generation of humanity: the Tenno. The initial quest doesn’t actually inform you of any backstory, leaving the origin behind the Warframes and Tenno a mystery. It’s not until the quest “The Second Dream” we actually begin to discover the mechanics behind the Warframes and where the Tenno came from. It begins by introducing one of the main antagonists in the game: Hunhow. He appears to be talking to an army of Sentients (whom are native to the Void – an alternative universe which is set in the past during a time known as the Orokin Era), whom are plotting the annihilation of the Tenno in a highly intriguing avalanche of events.
    Controls – Featuring customisable controls, Warframe consists of a very easy to learn combat system – also including many different combos you can choose to modify your weapons with. Although it can be difficult to newbies, grasping an idea of how to craft, initiate missions and how to effectively modify weapons can be easily developed – and if you have too much trouble modifying, there is an ‘Automatic’ option that will create the most efficient build it can for your Warframe; however in my experience, I have never found this helpful as different Warframes will require different kinds of mods and polarities to fully optimise their power, stealth and defence.
    About – As of 06/10/2017, there are 34 diverse and unique Warframes to choose from – 18 of those having a prime counterpart whom is superior, featuring more polarised spots for greater modification and increased stats; as well as a pretty pimped out look.
    The game has outstanding voice actors and active developers, constantly making bug fixes and doing giveaways on YouTube – as well as constantly updating the game and keeping the users updated. However, nicknamed as “Bugframe” by the users, Warframe can often have small bugs – sometimes ruining a mission, but most of the time they can be harmless or just plain annoying; but taking into consideration the fact that these bugs are quickly resolved and that this is indeed an early access game, these bugs can easily be overlooked when comparing them to the gameplay.

In my experience, the main pros and cons include:
    PROS:
    • Highly customisable pets and warframes.
    • Great detail and graphics.
    • Amazing story line: If you’re into Lore, everything fits together well.
    • Great voice actors.
    • Many different tasks and challenges to do when you’ve got nothing else to do.
    • 100+ different modifications.
    • Easy to learn controls and combos.
    • Diverse warframes: there’s something for everybody, may it be stealth or chaos.
    • Create clans or join one for help and advice, these clans generally have great communities.
    • Active mods and bots to answer your questions.
    • Runs smoothly.
    • Frequently updated.
    • Not Pay-To-Win.

CONS:
    • Viable to crashes and bugs: not often but can happen.
    • Missions are repetitive.
    • A lot of grinding.
    • A lot of bugs.
    • Bugs.
    • Constant grinding.
  90. Oct 29, 2017
    Muito bom jogo!Tem grandes atualizações que são feitas e sempre em continua melhora. Jogabilidade muito boa e e certamente o melhor jogos grátis para jogar. Eu recomendo vivenciá-lo com os seus amigos, já que se jogado de forma cooperativa e é muito mais divertido do que quando joga-se sozinho.
    #warframebrasil
  91. Apr 9, 2018
    It can take a bit (50+ hours) to get the hang of Warframe and all its sub-systems but when you finally do... it feels like you just won a lottery and it's all glittering in front of you, waiting to be exploited. A loot shooter with more depth than any of us thought we wanted, it's a high octane thrill ride on one hand and a meticulous and rewarding game of stats in the background. CombineIt can take a bit (50+ hours) to get the hang of Warframe and all its sub-systems but when you finally do... it feels like you just won a lottery and it's all glittering in front of you, waiting to be exploited. A loot shooter with more depth than any of us thought we wanted, it's a high octane thrill ride on one hand and a meticulous and rewarding game of stats in the background. Combine that with the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality that is collecting and playing with all the weapons and warframes possible, and you will lose many many hours to this game.

Rewards come to those who persevere, Tenno. One of the few games that lets me drop in and out for quick things if I don't have much time or I can spend an afternoon amassing more fortune in order to turn around and spend it all.
  92. Mar 15, 2018
    This game is amazing and addictive, a bit sandbox full of fun and action. Runs great on low end pcs. Good story, complex, good community, TRUELY F2P, regular updates. Is really good for players who like to collect items (weapons, frames, etc). Everyone should try it, worth the download.
  93. Dec 24, 2017
    Awesome gameplay, amazing story (full depth you can understand after The Second Dream and The War Within), tons of character and weapon customization (you can even customize and decorate interior of you personal spaceship), atmospheric soundtracks, solid voice acting, constant updates!! (new weapons, warframes, quests, quality of life improvements), super optimized (great graphics and notAwesome gameplay, amazing story (full depth you can understand after The Second Dream and The War Within), tons of character and weapon customization (you can even customize and decorate interior of you personal spaceship), atmospheric soundtracks, solid voice acting, constant updates!! (new weapons, warframes, quests, quality of life improvements), super optimized (great graphics and not very hungry for resources), constant streams with developers (1 in 2 weeks), great community, it's free game.
    Best f2p in game implementation (no p2w).
  94. Sep 27, 2014
    Isnt it weird how users rarely agree with critic scores? Take a look at Destiny that clearly copyed Warframe, critics love it, users hate it, just a weird side note.

Anyway ive st arted playing a f ew weeks ago and I love it, it has so much contat and so many hours of gameplay that you cant believe its a free game. Ofc you can purchase things with real money, but then again, you can earn the currency needed in game aswell, so there is no need to spend money on anything. An amazing game that everyone should have a look at it.

The reason I did not give it a full scrore is because it has bugs, not during gameplay, but while you are inside your ship, they rly piss me off from time to time.
  95. Jun 16, 2014
    Amazing F2P game with a really impressive development team. They are extremely transparent with what they are working on and get the community heavily involved through weekly devstreams and Q&A.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    Warframe is a constantly evolving game with new things added frequently.
    The fairest pay model I have ever seen. EVERYTHING but cosmetics can be acquired through normal gameplay, and cosmetics that cannot be acquired through normal gameplay can be acquired by selling materials or blueprints you do not need for the premium currency.

However, Warframe still has yet to polish its new player experience, which holds the game back. A proper intro and tutorial are needed badly for any future expansion of its playerbase. As of now, getting started is the most difficult part of Warframe.
  96. Jan 27, 2014
    I recently got the console version of this game and I have to say, this game is utterly fantastic. I've played multiple hours and I've seen no bugs and no glitches. It's a well rounded, great game, as far as made for PC on console games go. The only bad part about this game is that a lot of the items are very expensive and can only be bought with platinum, something I have not found inI recently got the console version of this game and I have to say, this game is utterly fantastic. I've played multiple hours and I've seen no bugs and no glitches. It's a well rounded, great game, as far as made for PC on console games go. The only bad part about this game is that a lot of the items are very expensive and can only be bought with platinum, something I have not found in game and the only other way of getting is buying from the online store. Other than that, this game is remarkable. Expand
  97. Jan 11, 2016
    I had some type of exhaustion from playing MMO games and Warframe has revitalized my interest to the genre - instantly! Its fast-paced co-op combat and huge + easy horizontal progression with abundant equipment drops is exactly what I needed after years of slow MMORPG raids, months of farming with zero to none rewards shared between 10-40 people, exhausting PvP combat. So - pros:

nice

nice graphics combined with somewhat low hardware requirements;

very fun co-op combat;

a lot of different game modes, different types of enemies, different difficulty modes;

interesting and easy progression scheme, nearly endless;

abundant loot drops + a lot of easily accessible equipment (don't have to farm it for months);

cheap in-game currency (for $25 you can buy almost every interesting prime frame);

interesting setting and storyline;

decent economy scheme without any traces of inflation;

very nice auto-grouping scheme combined with healthy population result in minimal waiting time for group runs;

PvP is available and its balanced.

Cons:

to progress you have to play "characters" (frames) and equipment you don't like - for many weeks till MR12;

character isn't a human thus cannot be customized beyond armor colors (i.e. no faces) so there will be no emotional link;

warframe (character) type is strictly linked to visual appearance;

not enough introductory quests for existing content;

lack of marketplace, strange direct player trading scheme (though it works nonetheless);

game is somewhat buggy.

Overall it's surprisingly good game, well beyond my expectations.
  98. Feb 12, 2014
    Great game how they keep the game up to date that done will
    have 200+ hr is to the game and keep just playing it so i say just get it the game is free!
  99. Dec 25, 2013
    This game can be quite fun. Yes, there are some people who will spend money to get items and yes they do complain on how they get nerfed there is a possibility it will not always The only problems I have found in this game was that there are repeated levels and some glitches which spamming some of your moves might fix if not then do the mission over again. The great thing is that if youThis game can be quite fun. Yes, there are some people who will spend money to get items and yes they do complain on how they get nerfed there is a possibility it will not always The only problems I have found in this game was that there are repeated levels and some glitches which spamming some of your moves might fix if not then do the mission over again. The great thing is that if you chose to abandon mission you will still get the items you picked up. You can spend money to get the stuff you want quicker i'm not going to judge that. But when you can be like some amazing gamers and earn them it makes it all worth more. At the beginning of the game I can understand why you would spend money to get what you want but later when special events happen. Which can get you to buy the most expensive person after you do a few of the missions and wait. When you put in the time on a video game you will have the greatest items, gear, mods, e.t.c all being in Warframe Now please notice that Warframe is still in BETA so it's not perfect but still fun. The last thing I will say is that the game will be most fun when you play with friends you can communicate with while playing. I used to solo the game got bored within a few days then stopped for a long time then friends came in I started playing again some new stuff pretty great stuff and I didn't get bored. But who cares what I say the most important thing is TRY OUT THE GAME AND SEE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. Expand
  100. Mar 10, 2015
    How has this game been under everyone's radar? How did I miss this? It is a fantastic shooter with plenty of customizable options. The interface, the UI, the controls are all very well done. The graphics are spectacular. The design of the levels can be unique and confusing at times but there are nav aids to help you get around. Every person I've shown this game to is completelyHow has this game been under everyone's radar? How did I miss this? It is a fantastic shooter with plenty of customizable options. The interface, the UI, the controls are all very well done. The graphics are spectacular. The design of the levels can be unique and confusing at times but there are nav aids to help you get around. Every person I've shown this game to is completely hooked. Now I don't know how well this will play in the long term. The progression of everything is very slow and there is an element of grinding. There is limited amount of weapons and suits but it takes so long to earn them it does make it a little bit of a tedious grind. The variation in suits and weapons makes it worth the effort in spending the time getting that extra weapon.

Grinding is actually fun with your friends and though there are a wide variety of types of missions it does still seem to need more. Long term I can't see myself playing more than 100-200 hours but they will be spectacular hours. Plenty of flair and fun.

Oh did I mention its free??? Worth every penny. I kicked them $20 and will probably give them more - not to buy or upgrade anything. But simply to just thank them for a great job on this product.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 2, 2020
    Warframe is a shockingly polished free-to-play action game that boasts great visuals, gameplay, and replay value. Unfortunately, grinding and odd design choices bog down the late-game experience.
    Play Warframe. Play it for more than a few hours, preferably with friends, and keep an open mind into doing some third-party research to straighten out some of these systems. Warframe takes so much of what makes ARPG’s addictive, and rounds it out with more polish and depth than most its competitors on the current games market. If the hooks aren’t deeply embedded by then, maybe something this in-depth isn’t for you.
  3. Sep 11, 2014
    The idea with the Tamagotchi-space-dogs is already absolutely amazing.