0.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 407 Ratings

1. Aug 1, 2021
    Blizzard completly ruined the classic expierence for tbc.

Now players can buy level boosts, mounts etc. Yeah, no thanks. It's bad enough how much Blizzard is milking their players in retail with their store. tbc where the time were the mass exodus from Alliance to Horde began, because everyone wants to play a pretty elf and wants to have the better racials. Both are found in the
    Blizzard completly ruined the classic expierence for tbc.

tbc where the time were the mass exodus from Alliance to Horde began, because everyone wants to play a pretty elf and wants to have the better racials. Both are found in the Horde. So of course the same thing would happen in the new classic version.
    Blizzard however managed it to kill the Alliance as a faction even more by introducing same faction bgs. So the Horde is literally fighting against the Horde, because there are almost no Alliance players left. Congrats Blizzard. Way to go to kill 1 of your 2 factions completly.

tbc has become world of hordecraft, similar to retail.
    The. Faction. System. Doesn't. Work.
    (Especially not, if one faction get's neglected all the time)

If you are reading this Blizzard, you should take some notes from Final Fantasy 14. They have 3 factions and no faction imbalance. Guess why? Because you can play whatever race you want in each and every faction and because you have cross faction pve and pvp in FF14. Your faction system doesn't work Blizzard. Sure, you can keep it in your classic versions but jeez, lessen the faction restrictions in retail to make the game playable again.

Eather way, tbc classic died to me anyway once you introduced the cash shop to that version.
  2. Aug 29, 2021
    Game is ruined by bots and a incompetent developer team. Content has been dry for over a month, T5 content was released faster in the initial release of the game.... where the majority of players weren't even full clear T4.

Bots are everywhere, and boosts have made it 10x worse, but I'm sure the quick profit they made was worth it.

Do not play. There is no one in the world to play with.
  3. Oct 14, 2021
    Terrible pile of rubbish and a quick money grab for Activision Blizzard.
    Horrible changes has been made, so that the classic version is incredibly unbalanced + a cash shop in order to squeeze as much money as possible out of the players.
  4. Nov 22, 2021
    You would think Blizzard is intentionally running their game into the ground.

You would think Blizzard is intentionally running their game into the ground.

It's no secret that the whole faction system never really worked in the first place and has gotten especially bad since bfa - to no surprise (overweight and rediculous big humans vs Zandalari, gnomes with amputated arms & legs vs cute foxes etc.). There are a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest obviously are the playable races. Players naturally choose the faction with the mainstream races.

Now back in the day it all started with the introduction with blood elves. Almost everyone wanted to be "a pretty elf", so the imbalance got worse by the day.
    With bc classic however Blizzard made the whole situation even worse, so that it's pretty much in the same messy situation like retail. They introduced same faction battlegrounds, so the Horde is literally fighting the Horde... just wow. Cross faction play is taboo, as well as the removal of racial segregation/racism but same faction pvp is ok? wtf Blizzard?

The devs apparently consists of trolls. There is no other explanation, why they are abusing the faction systems so badly, both in retail and now in bc classic.
  5. Dec 3, 2021
    bc classic... I don't know what to write to be honest.
    It should have been so easy for Blizzard, just re-releasing age old content, in order to milk all the nostalgia addicts. And yes, I was looking forward to bc too.
    Blizzard however butchered bc, filling it with microtransactions and making their idotic and broken faction system even worse with same faction bgs. I guess the Blizzard
    bc classic... I don't know what to write to be honest.
    I guess the Blizzard team from today just can't do anything right anymore.
  6. Oct 19, 2021
    Infested with bots and chinese scammers. Sometimes you doubt everything due to cheats. The company encourage this to make money. Just do a /who command of any popular dungeon at night and note down familiar names. And you will witness the AI bots farming while you sleep and how after reports nothing happens. This is because the chinese pay to play as well. But unlike regular players it isInfested with bots and chinese scammers. Sometimes you doubt everything due to cheats. The company encourage this to make money. Just do a /who command of any popular dungeon at night and note down familiar names. And you will witness the AI bots farming while you sleep and how after reports nothing happens. This is because the chinese pay to play as well. But unlike regular players it is thier actual job. And unlike regular players they ruin the game, cause imbalance and ruin the economy.

All future classic games will suffer this fate until Blizzard region lock the fame to EU only and monitor the zones and dungeons the same way i did to witness these accounts. Simply do a who at 2am or 5am and catch them red handed. But they refuse to do this and rely on automated reports. But they never act on said reports either. Disgusting when millions pay £10 a month.
  7. Nov 22, 2021
    Horrible. Just horrible.
    Horrible. Just horrible.
    All Blizzard had to do was to publish the same version like they did so many years ago and they managed to even ruin that by making same faction bgs to give players even less reasons (if any) to play the unpopulated faction and to add boost sells and in general the store for microtransactions for all the whales on copium, who still think it is ok what this greedy (and as it turns out very questionable company in general) does.
  8. Jan 4, 2022
    BC Classic was released purely for the nostalgia aspect, which would be ok, if they actually would have released the classic version. Instead they put microtransactions in to this version in order to milk the whales.
    On top of that they made the faction imbalance even worse. No, not only with blood elves, but also with same faction battle grounds. Just wow... For most people there is almost no reason left to play the unpopulated faction, just like in retail.
    Talk about a broken faction system and toxic developers.
  9. Mar 3, 2022
    It's so bad, full bot hive. How Blizzard games can be so bad? Diversity, equality, friendship KEKW
  10. Nov 28, 2021
    It's just disgusting what Blizzard did to bc.
    Introducing boost sells and other store stuff along with making the already broken faction system even worse. YIKES.
  11. Nov 15, 2021
    But so far, i'ts very annoying and sometimes unplayable mess.
    Amount of bugs in game one of the the biggest i've ever faced
  12. Jun 8, 2022
    Love this game! It’s everything I remember and more! I get to play with my family again who live across country. No other mmo can make me forget about a bad day than classic wow.
  13. Jun 11, 2022
    Hide yo wifes, hide yo kids - its the BOT apocalypse boys. There's your classic - mmmm.
  14. Jun 8, 2022
    Ruined by greed. Bots, cash grabs, and no GMs. The game is now pay to win and you can spend real money to get anything.
  15. Jun 7, 2022
    They removed /spit because someone was crying over it being "offensive" but they left real names of literal sexual assaulters in the game... you cant make this sht up man just nuke blizzard
  16. Jun 7, 2022
    I enjoyed playing Burning Crusade Classic. I don't think that the cash shop ruined the game.
  17. Apr 6, 2022
    **** game for **** by the worst company ever existed, which even can not repear its **** broken launcher.
  18. Mar 16, 2022
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.
  19. Jun 6, 2022
    I wouldn't play this unless you enjoy an economy being run by bots and being able to pay to have your character leveled
  20. Apr 17, 2022
    Why? cus **** you Blizzard, You cant even do a remaster right. What makes you think you can even remaster an expansion properly.
  21. Jun 10, 2022
    Got to say a better experience than the new games they make its been an amazing nostalgia trip really made me appreciate the attention to detail that use to be in the game again... which shadowlands sucks the life out of.
  22. Jun 9, 2022
    Got what expected from BCC. I see some whining guys with zeroes in their reviews, but...
    Boosts? Just skipping boring classic leveling, which we have seen so many times. Furthermore, boosted character is weaker than any manually leveled character.
    Microtransactions? Lol, just pathetic mount and nothing more. Same faction BG? Just solving "problem" when alliance **** scared of Power of
    Microtransactions? Lol, just pathetic mount and nothing more.
    Same faction BG? Just solving "problem" when alliance **** scared of Power of The Horde(best faction, btw). Disbalanced factions? Who cares, these racials are insignificant piece of ****
    The only thing I can't forgive - paid char cloning. It's one of the main reasons of dead classic servers.
    You know what deserves zeroes? **** Warcraft 3: Reforged!
  23. Jun 11, 2022
    Super fun to experience the classic Burning Crusade expansion again! The community is great and far more connected and helpful than on live. A great game to play if you miss class identity or want to relive the glory days of WoW.
  24. Nov 21, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It the best game. Many people give bad rates and I don’t why. Wow top game! Expand
  25. Nov 18, 2021
    Classic WORLD OF WARCRAFT is not bad. It was nice to plunge into this atmosphere again
  26. Oct 12, 2021
    The MMO perfected. Sure modern Blizzard couldn't resist slightly ruining this masterpiece with the boost and mount micro-transactions, but man oh man it doesn't get better than this. The PvP is amazing. We finally get a rated arena system that is still the best implementation of competitive PvP of any MMO. DPS paladins and druids got huge buffs from vanilla, and almost every class hasThe MMO perfected. Sure modern Blizzard couldn't resist slightly ruining this masterpiece with the boost and mount micro-transactions, but man oh man it doesn't get better than this. The PvP is amazing. We finally get a rated arena system that is still the best implementation of competitive PvP of any MMO. DPS paladins and druids got huge buffs from vanilla, and almost every class has viable comps to play in arena. Class identity is still intact and complexity creep hasn't kicked in yet. The gearing systems are perfect in TBC. Basically just gems and enchants and minor profession perks for the sweatiest players. PvP gear is purchased directly and PvE drops are a bit more forgiving. Raiding is great as well. Big raids are shrunk down to 25 making it less epic, sure, but much easier to manage a guild. The boss fights fights are more interesting and more difficult, with incredible chase weapons like the infamous warglaives.

The detractors have valid points that the micro-transactions are **** and meta slaves are kinda annoying. But honestly, the game plays pretty much exactly like it was back then, and I could easily play this game for the rest of my life.
  27. Mar 10, 2022
    games out of politics, juegos fuera de la politica, jogos fora da política
  28. Jun 11, 2022
    Just like the good 'ol days, only better. It may not be the best WoW expansion, but it's a solid second-best, losing out only to WotLK. Would be nice though if Blizzard would fix some of the bugs. 2 mobs in Kara a bugged out, and have been for months now. One of the bosses in BT can still pull through the floor. Overall, still solid though.
  29. Jun 11, 2022
    Blizzard muted my account because i stand up for diversity against a hungarian homophobic guild and was mass reported by them. No gm, no nothing. Blizzard officially protects homophobic, racist, sexist, toxic people. Hope they and kotick get smashed in calfornia.

Theyve learned nothin
  30. Jun 11, 2022
    WoW is dying? Yes, he's dying. And a long time ago. Blizzard just has enough resources to support his agony on artificial life support for many years. Games outside politics
  31. Jun 17, 2022
    As a vanilla player as much as I was impressed by Blizzard reviving Classic I am upset by them ruining TBC.

I was happy to play Classic once again, after a long years not playing WOW I got back to the game, payed my subscription and went for the journey. When they announced TBC I was happy as a kid as I consider it to be the best part of the WOW. And... they ruined it. Completely

When they announced TBC I was happy as a kid as I consider it to be the best part of the WOW. And... they ruined it. Completely ruined with they bloody P2W trend.

Why? Why had they ruin the only thing they did right for the heck of time? The last hope we had for the company getting back on track. They couldn't do as little to their old players as not to touch classic.

Blizzard's dead. I've terminated my subscription. RIP.
  32. Jul 27, 2022
    They've done a decent enough job with recreating TBC. Overall it has all the same elements from the original with a couple of small Quality of Life changes, but I wish it had more.

Biggest faults of the game are the bots, and the refusal to make sensible changes that might benefit the game and the community. Unfortunately the community who play the game have 2 opposing mentalities that make it impossible to please everyone, so all opinions come across unreasonably biased.

There's no pay-to-win aspect of the game, however the bots can mess up server economy quite a fair bit, which means that a lot of people have just resorted to buying gold. This means they don't need to spend time farming gold to buy their raid consumables against the legions of bots that do it 24/7. This in turn leads to a lot of "raid-logging" as there are limited things to do in the game outside of raiding if you don't PvP.

There will never be a way to reclaim the "magic" of the original TBC experience. That's not how the world works. But you can still find some fun here if you accept the issues.

Even with all the bots, I have an engaging time with the game because I play with people I like to spend time with, even if the systems and mechanics on offer here are a bit dated. I've never once let something like bots or community politics ruin my enjoyment of the game - people who choose to take part in those "drama" aspects will always have something to complain about.

If you want to raid TBC, you can do it here. And you can do it as the speed that's right for your guild. But you're playing an old game, so expect some dated flaws. Now that all content has been released, you can jump in and clear whatever you like fairly easily except for Sunwell which is pretty tough going for *most* guilds.

PvP will always be an issue in all WoW games. It (more or less) has been since the beginning of time. "Unblanced racials" and server population skewed to one faction over the other is a big thing here. Anyone expecting something else is deluding themselves. But that doesn't mean I don't see plenty of people enjoying their time PvPing all day everyday - just keep your expectations realisitic and accept what the game has to offer, instead of complaining about what's not there.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 12, 2021
    Burning Crusade Classic has been an excellent launch of some of Blizzard’s best expansion content to date. It’s an excellent experience for veterans and players who never got to experience Burning Crusade the first time around. However, if you are looking for an authentic TBC experience, this isn’t it. I mean, you can’t get that no matter what because part of the experience is we all knew so little about WoW’s inner workings, and there’s no way to recreate that. If you’re looking for a version of WoW, that’s a bit of a slower pace and less handholding (unless, of course, you get certain addons), then you should probably give Burning Crusade Classic a try.
  2. Jul 1, 2021
    Whether you’re fighting, crafting, or gathering, your actions always serve a purpose in the Burning Crusade Classic campaign. Anyone can feel like they’re contributing either to their own guilds and groups or to the server as a whole. Leveling can feel sluggish at times, but talent points, meaningful gear upgrades, and a clear endgame goal create an RPG experience that still manages to make it a game worth experiencing if you have the time, even if it’s more demanding than we typically tolerate from games like this.
  3. Jun 27, 2021
    For seasoned players (and even a little intolerant), the changes to Burning Crusade Classic (compared to the original game The Burning Crusade) are not necessarily welcome in the sense that they upset the historical balance of the title. However, for newcomers, this has the advantage of allowing them to better enjoy the content of all of this extension. Even if everything is not perfect, some elements are very pleasant to find, including exploration, Resilience or the obligation to unlock certain accesses to access very high level content. Burning Crusade Classic is therefore a logical and globally successful continuation of WoW Classic, nostalgic as new players can easily find what they are looking for, even if some will be reluctant about the modifications made to the original material.