• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 15, 2003
8.6

1. JohnM.
    Jan 28, 2009
    I wanted to like this one. Good visuals and humor are pluses. Unfortunately, the controls are just bad (maybe it's just me?). Hard to explain, but compared to Rayman, Mario, Banjo, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts...pretty much any other platformer, there's just something wrong with the mechanics here. Completely turned me off. Could've been an 8 easily if not for I wanted to like this one. Good visuals and humor are pluses. Unfortunately, the controls are just bad (maybe it's just me?). Hard to explain, but compared to Rayman, Mario, Banjo, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts...pretty much any other platformer, there's just something wrong with the mechanics here. Completely turned me off. Could've been an 8 easily if not for this weirdness. Expand
  2. KurtF.
    Dec 9, 2003
    This game started out rather interesting, but quickly got bored from the seemingly pointless tasks.
  3. Apr 12, 2011
    Pros: Rich, colorful graphics and visuals, innovative level design, and thoroughly charming for the younger demographic. Cons: Led by an uninspiring lead with unsatisfying controls and bland appeal for older gamers.

#68 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#50 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Game Informer
    Tak becomes more pedestrian and predictable as each area unfolds. [Nov. 2003, p.150]
  2. Play Magazine
    Tak is one of the most detailed platformers I've ever seen, and possesses a measure of style that sets the universe apart, akin to what Michel Ancel accomplished with "Rayman." [Nov 2003, p.82]
  3. GameNow