7.4

1. Apr 4, 2013
    It's a fun goofy adventure. The multiplayer was fun, and the new bonus are short and sweet.

But some trophies are pretty ridiculous, and it's definitely not worth ten dollars. Wait for a sale and pick it up.
  2. Mar 7, 2012
    Having never played this game during the SNES/Genesis days I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. The subtle humor mixed in with creative boss battles had me excited to see what was next.

I didn't like the underwater or the escort stages very much because they didn't seem as well thought out compared to the other stages. For example, moving around a submarine that has to have air every few seconds added needless frustration as it was hard to move around without bumping into rocks.
  3. Dec 27, 2014
    It's a great HD remake which stays true to the source material. The sprites/animations could be better and there's some levels included in the special edition of the game missing from this version, but it's still the same game with a HD skin. I haven't encountered any bugs and the remastered music is cool. The trophies are horrible though and are almost impossible to obtain. Expect a 50%It's a great HD remake which stays true to the source material. The sprites/animations could be better and there's some levels included in the special edition of the game missing from this version, but it's still the same game with a HD skin. I haven't encountered any bugs and the remastered music is cool. The trophies are horrible though and are almost impossible to obtain. Expect a 50% complete rating AT MOST.

If you haven't played the original version or are skeptical to 16-bit graphics, try this modernized version. It has bonus levels, trophies, leaderboards and online co-op levels. What more could you ask for!?
  4. Mar 9, 2018
    This game is ok. To see my full review of what I think of the HD version, look at my Xbox 360 review. I basically feel the same about this version.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 13, 2011
    Earthworm Jim has not aged very much and this excellent remake still shows the timeless awesomeness of this character and his weird adventures. The game itself has quite aged actually and some features and mechanics make the experience more challenging than it should be. Nevertheless, Earthworm Jim HD is an enjoyable 2D platform game and a little bit of videogame history, a chance for newcomers to enjoy one of the best games back in the Sega Genesis age.
  2. Play UK
    A highly impressive update. [Issue#196, p.97]
    For those of you that understand the limitations of the original Earthworm Jim and just want to relive the quirky fun, Earthworm Jim HD is a good investment.