6.5

1. Jun 6, 2014
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game for about 4 hours of constant defeat. It's like if Mario Brothers was a game designed to kill you over and over right before you reach the flag.
    Don't get me wrong, the game plays smoothly and has a good retro aesthetic but unless you are the kind of person who is fine getting 9/10 of the way through a level only to be spiked up the butt time and time again just to best your friends or earn a bronze trophy...this game probably isn't for you.
    However, if you played supermeatboy so much you could speedrun it without thinking twice, you will adore this game. I had to quit because I felt like I was going insane, but some people will love it. If you love going insane, pick it up. If not, don't.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 16, 2014
    1001 Spikes is far from a bad game, but a few too many spikes on each level leave it falling from grace.
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    With deadly obstacles at every step, this is one game that never lets up. But fans of this type of punishment will enjoy the clever level designs and rage-inducing traps.
  3. Jun 18, 2014
    1001 Spikes is one of the most difficult platformers out there, but finishing a level feels so much better when you overcome the challenge.