6.5

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Oct 14, 2018
    Don't listen to all the ignorant people complaining about micro-transactions, the are not forced and the game is not grindy. The game is an RPG!!! I have never been underleveled for any mission, and I don't do all the side missions available, only a few here and there. The game is amazing a and one of the best AC games to date. My only issue with it is the fast travel system is a littleDon't listen to all the ignorant people complaining about micro-transactions, the are not forced and the game is not grindy. The game is an RPG!!! I have never been underleveled for any mission, and I don't do all the side missions available, only a few here and there. The game is amazing a and one of the best AC games to date. My only issue with it is the fast travel system is a little lacking.

The Micro-transaction in this game are purely cosmetic or for those of you that want to save time. The dumbness off the people I see saying the game forces them on you and is overly grindy is astonishing to me. These are the same people who have no issue buying paid DLC or extra money for a collectors edition, both of which put content behind a paywall that you have to pay more money for. But they put an additional costume for sale in the game that you can CHOOSE not to buy and does not affect the gameplay at all and the pitchforks come out.
  2. Oct 12, 2018
    (I haven't played origins) This Assassin's Creed made me believe in the franchise once again. It plays more like a Witcher 3 in my opinion but still keeps the fun AC elements that garnered its popularity.

A truly MASSIVE world to explore (Or be guided through, your choice) I never felt like I was grinding. Want a break from the great story, go do some bounties, daily quests, pirating, hunting, region quests to access and unlock the mass battle mode between Spartans and Athenians for that region.

Choose between 3 different path, Hunter, Warrior or Assassin or dive a little in all of them from the start and gear up for your favorite play style. Odyssey really made me feel like I was part of the world and bonus, very little Assassin vs Templar **** well, on the surface. Great GREAT fun for fans of Action RPGS and Open Worlds.
  3. Oct 5, 2018
    Nah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like theNah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like the modern meta story, it made the series unique and mysterious. I understand Ubi wanted to try something different (many people were actually pestering them about that) but I think it's time for a return to roots. Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2018
    I cannot understand the bad reviews for this game, it is much better than Origins in almost every aspect. It mixes it up with Ship play and combat, the maps bigger, there's more stuff to do, the levelling system is better, there's a mercenary system, there's more loot. In general it's just a better game than Origins but gets worse reviews.
  5. Oct 5, 2018
    It doesnt deserve such low score. I played all the ac games from the first to this, and personally I find this a masterpiece. I would only improve framerate and more finishing animations.
  6. Oct 5, 2018
    The identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to beThe identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to be released, and that is painful to say after being a dedicated AC player since the beginning. Graphic and art is amazing, except for the fact that the same art appears in multiple temples. Trust me, there is more Greek art out there. Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2018
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the new Black Flag. Controversial in the way that you don't play the typical Assassin from the Brotherhood, controversial in that it introduces the ability to pick your character, controversial in the way that it is more of an RPG than any other entry in the series. However, despite the controversy surrounding it, this game does succeed at being unique andAssassin's Creed Odyssey is the new Black Flag. Controversial in the way that you don't play the typical Assassin from the Brotherhood, controversial in that it introduces the ability to pick your character, controversial in the way that it is more of an RPG than any other entry in the series. However, despite the controversy surrounding it, this game does succeed at being unique and interesting. I truly believe that if they would have introduced this game as a new IP rather than giving it then Assassin's Creed brand, it may have done much better than it is doing now. Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2018
    As soon as you turn on odyssey the microtransactions start showing their effect on gameplay. 10 bucks for a map, 5-20 bucks for more materials, 10 bucks for 150% xp for EVERYTHING. You might say "i don't need to buy those i can enjoy the game without them" but after about 20 hours you start to realize the next 200 hours are going to be the exact same lengthy grind. The combat can be fun,As soon as you turn on odyssey the microtransactions start showing their effect on gameplay. 10 bucks for a map, 5-20 bucks for more materials, 10 bucks for 150% xp for EVERYTHING. You might say "i don't need to buy those i can enjoy the game without them" but after about 20 hours you start to realize the next 200 hours are going to be the exact same lengthy grind. The combat can be fun, but its completely ruined by the lack of rewards for doing anything except putting in your credit card. Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2018
    I don't know if this deserves a 10 or not but i do know it doesn't deserve under a 5 based on the 1st 3 hours. Funny how 150 people reviewed a 100+ hour game on day 1. I have no business writing a review atm but the zeros are just ignorant. If you liked origins, or rpg's you'll most likely enjoy this game. It isn't the original series which i was a huge fan of but it does follow theI don't know if this deserves a 10 or not but i do know it doesn't deserve under a 5 based on the 1st 3 hours. Funny how 150 people reviewed a 100+ hour game on day 1. I have no business writing a review atm but the zeros are just ignorant. If you liked origins, or rpg's you'll most likely enjoy this game. It isn't the original series which i was a huge fan of but it does follow the same storyline and does have a relationship to the order and i personally think the rpg elements make it a much deeper more immersive game and I've always been a sucker for the historical ties even if some have been altered a little. Ill give my real score once i finish the game Expand
  10. Oct 5, 2018
    It's just like AC Origins except with a greek aesthetic. The animations look quite bad, the horse keeps on the ground like a magnet, sometimes you execute the air instead of an enemy, etc, etc.
    Now this wouldnt bother me that much because we are all used to it by now as every AC game is the same nowadays buuuuut....
    The game is pumped full of microtransactions. It really is a grind to

The game is pumped full of microtransactions. It really is a grind to finish it and everytime you open the menu and even in some loading screens its urging you to pay for some exp booster or for some stupid legendary item.
    It amazes me that they sell SEVEN different editions and still pump the game full of these damn microtransactions. Shame on you Ubisoft.

Also the romance options are forced and sometimes really creepy. They shouldve kept them out of the game, AC isnt an RPG.

Im returning this game tomorrow, dont buy this for more then 20 bucks.
  11. Oct 5, 2018
    Dont listen to bad reviews, just dont. A lot of them sat that the game is AC Origins clone, its not, the combat is different, and a lot of them as well. But its a lot like AC Origins but better, thats how it is, every game in the series had little changes to them, every new game in AС serie was a lot like the one before, but a little bit better, some people dislike it and idk why, what doDont listen to bad reviews, just dont. A lot of them sat that the game is AC Origins clone, its not, the combat is different, and a lot of them as well. But its a lot like AC Origins but better, thats how it is, every game in the series had little changes to them, every new game in AС serie was a lot like the one before, but a little bit better, some people dislike it and idk why, what do they expect, absolultely different thing from before is immpossible in a serie or a genre, it never is and never will be, thats how it is, every game in a genre is a lot like others with some differences, thats how games works, and AС is no exception, that doesnt mean that is the same thing, its a different one, just a lot like the other. For example meat is meat, but there is a lot of different meat, even different types of cooking, and with each type there is different taste, same here, its a lot like other AC games, a lot like AC Origins, but its different.
    So enough about that and lets talk about the battle system, thats absolutly personal preference if its not just actually unplayable for most of people, and its not then its not supposed to count like Optimization for example, there is people who dislike and there is people who like it, doesnt mean its bad, i think its actually amazing, its a lot like AС Unity and AC Origins combined and its really, really hard, at least on the hardest difficulty lvl set, like REALLY hard, not forgiving to anything and anyone, in some occasions maybe to much. The animations looks smooth and good idk what people are whining about. If they are just bad, i guess they blame the animations or anything else =/
    What i have to say is the optimisation seems actually worse than the last game, the graphics seems nicer tho, so everything looks better but with less FPS but i guess thats what happens, when there is a giant forest instead of a desert =/
    The story seems nice to me, thought not the most interesting (at least to me), but its stil enjoyable and fun, its just not INSANE, but maybe it will be better later, still have a lot to go (only 13 hours played) , so maybe its just the start that doesnt look that impressive. But what is actually worth mentioning and a lot of people can be mad about it: there is NO assassins in this game, its logical, cause the assassins came a few hundred years after this game sets, but i think and i guess we can see the start of the Templars, but again, there is no assassins. Which honestly shoudve been told really clearly, cause i for example started playing this games only because i was playing as a stealthy assassin, but even without them i think the game is just really really good, its been really fun to play, in a lot of ways more than any AC game before, specially because of the fighting system and like i said everything overall seems good to me.
    So dont listen to the haters and try it for yourself, because the game is actually good, but you need to remember, that you have to get a really good pc for it, or the game wont be to enjoyable to play, cause the lvl of optimisation is pretty mediocre =/
  12. Oct 5, 2018
    "The beginning of the end of Assassin's Creed."

That alone should be at the top of every professional review because everything you ever loved has been squeezed out of this series and replaced with a beautiful slog. Like Origins, both the art style and aesthetic style are quite pretty. Also like Origins, it is the same art style and aesthetic style, which makes Odyssey nothing more
    "The beginning of the end of Assassin's Creed."

Like Origins, both the art style and aesthetic style are quite pretty. Also like Origins, it is the same art style and aesthetic style, which makes Odyssey nothing more than a reskinned game--just more massive. Also, you remember ship fights? You loved ship fights! Well, here, ship fights. It gets old real quick because again...it's the same thing!!

The voice acting is unbelievably bad both in the lines the actors were given and how they are delivered. Combat is a "refined" version of the one in Origins, which means you can cheese almost everything in the game.

The in-game story is pathetic but what's worse: the meta-narrative is effectively dead, and I blame the gaming community at large for killing it. The whole reason this series is a franchise is that meta-narrative, but you mouthbreathers couldn't handle more than one thing at a time (STOP TAKING ME OUT OF THE ANIMUS!!) and this gave Ubisoft all the ammunition to create a stupid chore-grind simulator devoid of any reason to do them.

Now, let's talk about that chore grinding, shall we?

This isn't a "game." Games are supposed to be fun. You're supposed to enjoy doing all the content right? Well, in true Ubisoft fashion, Odyssey is littered with nothing but mindless busy work. "Treasure" is littered across the map which will take you dozens of mindless hours to collect. Does it do anything for you? Not really, the loot is nonsense and vapid. Then there are all the other little things, exploration markers and side quests, so many of these things are here that eventually the rest of the game just fades away. If you were to remove all this padding and just did the main narrative, I will bet you could finish the entire game in under 20 hours.

But then comes the scam that is Ubisoft game design.

See, you can't just go and play through the main story ignoring everything else. No, you will NEVER make the level you need to be to get there because Ubisoft designed this game in such a way that you MUST grind levels out before you can progress. In every game, there is an element of grinding that is to be found. This usually is up to the player to do if they want to be a bit ahead of the curve dealing with the rest of the game. In Odyssey, it's the backbone to SCAMMING THE PLAYER TO BUY HELIX CREDITS!

So what Ubisoft effectively did was scaled back XP accruement (experience points) to an absurd degree. It throttles progression so severely that you are left doing one of two things:

1)Grit your teeth and spend WAY too much time grinding nonsensically.
    2)Buy Helix Credits and pay for a PERMANENT 50% XP BOOST.

You read that right: Ubisoft throttled regular XP earnings in an RPG, only to "Sell it back to you" so you could play the game normally. Also, In-game currency is throttled, and you can buy a PERMANENT 50% BOOST to further even out the game. Without buying these "upgrades," you are effectively playing a game with a 50% handicap the developer set as the default. They literally made the game painful to play so you'll ease your pain by giving more money. And let's be clear; you've already given them a minimum of $60 to play it. If you bought any of the higher-end versions, you don't somehow get a normal experience either; you're in the same boat as the person that paid the base price.

This game is a scam plain and simple. This isn't about player choice (always a lie), Ubisoft is banking heavily on the Assassins Creed IP to carry the day over their blatant scamming practices. It is greed, and it is wrong. And I'll be honest with you here: I don't own it, I am playing a borrowed copy (well I was until I couldn't take it anymore, it's so damn dull), but even so; my time with Assassins Creed has come to an end. Frankly, the series was over after AC3.

Do not buy, do not try, this is a scam and stop enabling Ubisoft to make games like this anymore.
  13. Oct 2, 2018
    I want to rate this game as a game on its own, independently from its franchise. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game from start to finish, it was certainly disappointing to find that Ubisoft all but abandoned the themes introduced in the earlier titles. However, the hidden blade WILL be making a return (via DLC unfortunately, but hey) so that's enough to satiate me... forI want to rate this game as a game on its own, independently from its franchise. As someone who has played every Assassin's Creed game from start to finish, it was certainly disappointing to find that Ubisoft all but abandoned the themes introduced in the earlier titles. However, the hidden blade WILL be making a return (via DLC unfortunately, but hey) so that's enough to satiate me... for hardcore fans however I understand where the complaints come from.

All of that being said, I think rating this game poorly solely due to the aforementioned reasons doesn't give its creators justice. It's truly a sprawling, MASSIVE world filled with caves, quests and all around gorgeous scenery.
    The combat is a step up from Origins, and isn't quite as easy as you would think (at least before level 15), with new active skills to make combat interesting and varied as well as smarter AI.
    The soundtrack is also one of my favorites to come out of the series, giving me very strong "The Witcher" vibes (which is a good thing).

If you're a fan of masterfully crafted open world RPG's then this game is a MUST BUY. It truly has it all, bringing the best of all games as well as introducing far more player impact and customization. The only reason I have to dock it a point is because I can't consciously give it a ten when it is a single player game with microtransactions. While they don't intrude on the game, I think there is a place for them and it isn't in this genre.

Cop it. 9/10
  14. Oct 2, 2018
    Played around 15 hours so far .
    As soon as you start off your story you will know this is a game not for the faint hearted ,the scale of this game becomes apparent within the 1st few hours .
    Yes it’s now pretty much an RPG ,does that really matter ?to some it seems to . For me this is the perfect game to get stuck into for the next couple of weeks ,probably months . If you like orgins
    Played around 15 hours so far .
    Yes it’s now pretty much an RPG ,does that really matter ?to some it seems to .
    If you like orgins you will love this ,stunning map(62% bigger than origins ) from land to ship battles ,great combat ,more advanced than origins .if you like RPGS and open world games then this is perfect for you.easy 9.5 out of 10 from me
  15. Oct 2, 2018
    I want to say thank you to the developers for the opportunity to dive into the world of Ancient Greece and make their Odyssey. In the Wake of the constant hype of this series of games, developers do not stand still and develop, offering fans of the game to develop with them. I'm glad that Assassin's Creed, it's now RPG, which means I can fully dissolve in the game, the world, the characterI want to say thank you to the developers for the opportunity to dive into the world of Ancient Greece and make their Odyssey. In the Wake of the constant hype of this series of games, developers do not stand still and develop, offering fans of the game to develop with them. I'm glad that Assassin's Creed, it's now RPG, which means I can fully dissolve in the game, the world, the character and play their role. Separately I want to note the combat system, which has become, in my opinion, more complex and interesting. Now every fight makes you think and calculate in advance their actions, and any mistake can cost a real mercenary life. It became more interesting to perform additional tasks, to explore this ancient world. Ubisoft, thank you! Expand
  16. Oct 9, 2018
    I'm giving it so low score only because of scandalous content gating in this game: if you don't buy a booster from UBI Store, you have to grind between levels to reach next story quest. And the grind is soooo boring, soooo repetitive that I can't even believe it. WHO at Ubisoft decided to gutter this - quite honestly fine game - only to earn a few more bucks... It's beyond me.
  17. Oct 9, 2018
    So Assassin's Creed Odyssey is basically Origins with Greek skin and MUCH, MUCH more micro transactions. Grind is unbearable and you can see right away that it's done on purpose to force you to buy digital money for exp boosters and such. I couldn't believe my eyes... i want my money back for the first time with AC game. Game looks pretty but that's about all positives i can think of.
  18. Oct 9, 2018
    Guys, the most important thing you need to know about this game - this is not Assassin's Creed. Are you kidding, Ubisoft? I'll start with the good points. Great music. The world of ancient Greece is beautifully recreated.

Now back to business. If I had not been told the name of the game, I would not have guessed that this is an assassin's creed. Where is a cloak and hood? Are we an assassin or some nameless warrior? Many canonical attributes have been removed from the game.

Previously, you could kill any enemy. Now, if the difference is 2-3 levels, then the battle turns into dull rifts. Now you need to farm, farm, farm to get a level and a new weapon. Bravo! And if you are too lazy, then you can buy in-game items for real money. Can you smell it? It smells like free-2-play game for 60$.
  19. Oct 5, 2018
    If your time is worthless, you can waste it on grinding for hours and hours in this game.
    Or you can spend another 10$ to infinitely boost your XP. AC is dead for me.
  20. Oct 19, 2018
    Mediocre at best. With supper repetitive quest you have to grind out to level up enough to push the story along. All so they can micro you into buying exp boosts. Mix in some terrible story telling and bad quest design and you get this game. Might be worth a play when its on sale for 75% off.
  21. Oct 2, 2018
    Splendid on all aspects, AC Odyssey is the perfect combination of what made the success of the franchise's top games, pushed to their best.
  22. Oct 7, 2018
    I've not played as Assassins Creed game for quite a few years but got a free code for this and thought I'd give it a go. I'm quite shocked by how far the series has devolved into a mobile-like microtransaction fest design to wrangle as much money from the player as possible.

In short, the game is packed to the gills with artificial grind. There is a light RPG levelling system which lets the player upgrade their character as they progress through the game. Each game mission has a recommended level the player should be at in order to succeed. And by recommended I mean absolutely necessary as higher level enemies will deal enough damage to kill the player character in one or two hits.

The weird thing is that the XP needed to gain levels accumulates very slowly and you are faced with higher level enemies and missions right from the start. So how are you supposed to level up? Luckily Ubisoft has 'Time Saver' add ons to cut out the grind and increase XP gained, and all you need to do is part with your real world money. In a full priced game.

And why call them 'Time-Savers'? This isn't a job, its an entertainment product, you should want to spend time with it.

Everything in the game seems designed to push the player into buying these XP boosters as the player is constantly presented with high level enemies, missions, equipment and abilities. So playing without the boosters feels like playing a free mobile game with ads enabled.

And after all the bugging the player to spend real money the game itself is fairly unengaging and bland. The majority of missions are; 1 - Go to this place, 2 - Kill these people, 3 - Pick up this item , 4 - Return item to person. If you want to do that for 30 hours then this is the game for you.

The portrayal of ancient Greece is fairly well done (even though most of the research seems to have been watching the movie '300'' several times) and the light RPG elements are a nice addition. If you're interested in the setting then maybe wait to pick it up on sale.

But the game is designed to psychologically batter you into paying real money for a game you've already bought. Even if the game was one of the best ever made you have the right as a consumer to be able to switch off and enjoy the thing you've invested in without fighting the constant encouragement to part with yet more money. Go re-watch Jason and the Argonauts for the millionth time, you'll enjoy it a lot more than this.
  23. Oct 2, 2018
    I can't simply stop playing this game. The world is superb, the most beautiful and detailed I have ever seen in my gaming experience. The characters are so charismatic and the history is amazing. This is the first game that accurately represents the history of Greece and its landmarks with so much details and precision. Some people criticise the game because of its innovations but that'sI can't simply stop playing this game. The world is superb, the most beautiful and detailed I have ever seen in my gaming experience. The characters are so charismatic and the history is amazing. This is the first game that accurately represents the history of Greece and its landmarks with so much details and precision. Some people criticise the game because of its innovations but that's exactly what makes this game incredibly special and fresh. Make yourself a favor, and play it!

In fact, forget everything I said about the game before: No words can describe this wonderful Odyssey!
  24. Oct 8, 2018
    This game is Amazing. Period. I haven't been this absorbed into a game in years. Everyone talking about microtransactions... i didn't even know there were microtransactions and i'm level 20 and have played for 15+ hours. I am playing on Hard difficulty and have never once felt underleveled. You 100% don't need to buy the exp boost or anything else to play/enjoy this game. Kassandra isThis game is Amazing. Period. I haven't been this absorbed into a game in years. Everyone talking about microtransactions... i didn't even know there were microtransactions and i'm level 20 and have played for 15+ hours. I am playing on Hard difficulty and have never once felt underleveled. You 100% don't need to buy the exp boost or anything else to play/enjoy this game. Kassandra is extremely likable, the quests are engaging, and the atmosphere, my GOD the atmosphere! It's just so beautiful! Every time i climb a mountain and see some grand city in the distance, i am just blown away. Also to those saying the isn't "Assassin's Creed" because there aren't assassins, maybe you should play a bit longer... they may not be calling themselves "Assassins", but the bloodline is there. Don't listen to these people that can't see past microtransactions and actually PLAY the GAME. It's wonderful. 15/10. Expand
  25. Oct 7, 2018
    There is no sense in this game at all. A game isn't the "it looks great in 4k", open your eyes and raise your expectations: AC Odyssey (in paralell with FC5) is garbage and fallacious. This are games that are here to trick the public and make money, instead of raising the industry of games. Thank for existing Rockstar, CD Red Project, Warhorse and others! Ubisoft isn't nothing besides aThere is no sense in this game at all. A game isn't the "it looks great in 4k", open your eyes and raise your expectations: AC Odyssey (in paralell with FC5) is garbage and fallacious. This are games that are here to trick the public and make money, instead of raising the industry of games. Thank for existing Rockstar, CD Red Project, Warhorse and others! Ubisoft isn't nothing besides a company to win money. Expand
  26. Oct 5, 2018
    If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have thought this was some random free to play game! Let's get straight to the point. The game is utterly grindy and shameless in its grinding. You will always be getting weapons with higher levels than you need, and it will be nothing but absolute struggling to get there...UNLESS you pay Ubisoft to not play their game and get EXP boosters andIf I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have thought this was some random free to play game! Let's get straight to the point. The game is utterly grindy and shameless in its grinding. You will always be getting weapons with higher levels than you need, and it will be nothing but absolute struggling to get there...UNLESS you pay Ubisoft to not play their game and get EXP boosters and resources all to skip the grind. When you purposefully implement a problem in your game, then fix it with microtransactions, your game is absolute **** Not to mention you're not getting the full experience unless you get the highest tier of their 10,000 special editions, on top of locking skins, ships, weapons, etc. behind a paywall. Shame on you, Poopysoft. Shame. Expand
  27. Oct 7, 2018
    Most complete game ever made. Epic in scale. Wonderfully detailed. So many mechanics, so easy to use. This is a masterpiece.
  28. Oct 2, 2018
    Amazing game, really good gameplay and RPG system depth, increadible ambiance and music, best sea simulation I have seen, incredible graphics and attention to details, intriguing story with meaningful choices, absolutely amazing and blows Origins out of the water in every single aspect.
  29. Oct 2, 2018
    It's an OK game but it doesn't really feel like assassin's creed. I mean yes Origin's mechanics are still there but i just can't feel like i'm playing a game from the serie that i've been playing for years. It's more like a spin off game. It's definitely not bad but not really assassin's creed either.
  30. Oct 5, 2018
    Personally I couldn't enjoy the game due to my longtime relationship with the franchise. Therefore my rating would be 3/10 but I have to consider the immersion, gameplay and story into consideration and have to rate it fair:

World 90/100 - great but some statues are just weird and "over the top" Animations 35/100 - nothing human, weird and glitchy Others RPG Elements(Dialog options

World 90/100 - great but some statues are just weird and "over the top"
    Animations 35/100 - nothing human, weird and glitchy
    Others RPG Elements(Dialog options etc) 70/100 - Pretty decent, nothing too special.

Combat 90/100 - fun as always, rarely clunky
    Equipment 90/100 - plenty options, but nothing really exotic
    Challenges 80/100 - entertaining but pretty one dimensional

Animus-Main-Story 70/100 - Good that nobody in the family died and we were on revenge. But Origins had more dept.
    Modernday-Story 10/100 - Aweful and except Layla no connecting dots worth mentioning to the other games. Just disappointing
    Sidequest-Stories 55/100 - Ok, but do you know the name of certain characters from those quests? It is a bit better than Origins but they are still pretty similar. I guess with better animations they might improve a ton! Furthermore I personally miss characters like Leonardo from AC2. Open World is fine but I think better will be always worse for Assassins Creed. You have multiple settings but no real "I am home" feeling for example and therefore no characters that bind you to a certain region.
    ____
    Combined:

Immersion 65/100
    Gameplay 87/100
    Story 45/100

Considering that I a great world or gameplay itself is not a reason for me to discover the game, I put double weight on the story.

To put it in a nutshell, my personal rating would be: 61/100 -> 6/10 considering the game as itself. But due to the fact that it is a part of a franchise I combine it with my personal rating and come to a total of 4.5/10.

Explanation:
    LAYLA IS NOT MY ISSUE with the modern day story. You have a ton of new characters without any character development, no real link to William Miles in Origins and just illogical explanations in order to force gameplay mechanics into a franchise that was build up against those.

This game fulfilled all my worst fears and I am so sad for those who worked on the great world that got ruined by the story itself.
  31. Oct 2, 2018
    great game, wonderful, series assassins creed are the best, Massive open world to explore with a lot of sights and surprises to uncover
  32. Oct 5, 2018
    Remember that old games like lineage or Ragnarok that had to grind hours in order get better gear, same thing the difference they dint cost a penny to play. Skilled mercenary killed by chicken 0% Immerse
  33. Oct 5, 2018
    This is the best Assassin Creed game to date. But on top of that, this game is on the fore front of open world games to come. Picking up some great features from other games and genres. Things like dialog options, consequences, the Mercenary system, enhanced combat system. Excited about the direction of the franchise. One that I have play nearly every game since AC 1.
  34. Oct 2, 2018
    C’mon guys don't be haters just for the sake of it.
    The game is PHENOMENAL it's vert pretty and impressive.
    Yes, the core mechanisms are 100% derived from origins with some new welcoming improvements, but Ubisoft never denied it nor claimed otherwise. Would you prefer something completely new? I’m accustomed to origins playstyle so it is a relief that I’m not forced to learn a new
    C’mon guys don't be haters just for the sake of it.
    The game is PHENOMENAL it's vert pretty and impressive.
    Would you prefer something completely new? I’m accustomed to origins playstyle so it is a relief that I’m not forced to learn a new playstyle all over again.
    It was known and reported from the first time that the game would feel and play like origins, it’s on the same engine afterall but trust me it is a far more good-looking game.
    The missions and all side activities are just like you remember from origins which is fine by me because i loved how you had camps, fortresses, treasure hunting etc, we still have a ton of stuff to do in Odyssey.
    I have the impression that the graphics have been slightly downgraded compared to the reveal gameplay, but they are still amazing a pure eye candy and the performance on the PS4 PRO is perfect.
    You do hear the fan from time to time along with noise coming from the ps4 but that’s absolutely normal and understandable for a game of that scale and demanding.
    The game is much harder than origins which is something i already knew but i thought it would probably be an exaggeration but no, the game is harder even on normal and that makes all fights intense, interesting and demanding believe me you will feel like a true spartan hero.
    The problems are minor and not worth reporting i am sure all of them will be addressed shortly in future updates.

The game is outstanding, grab your helmets and embark on your own odysseys.
  35. Oct 8, 2018
    Зачем называть игру ASSASSIN'S CREED если там нет нечего про ASSASSIN'S CREED ?Ubisoft вы вообще там уже ?ну давайте теперь все игры делать называть игру из какой то серий игр и делать вообще про другое.
  36. Oct 7, 2018
    Ubisoft missed this one in so many ways. Previous reviewers nailed many aspects of this game to the cross, which I agree has made this game another recycled product that could be tossed into the trash if you just feel like giving up. Or at least that's what playing and looking at it feels. It is sloppy work. It was rushed. Incoherent narratives. Sloppy graphics. Buggy. WaterpaintingUbisoft missed this one in so many ways. Previous reviewers nailed many aspects of this game to the cross, which I agree has made this game another recycled product that could be tossed into the trash if you just feel like giving up. Or at least that's what playing and looking at it feels. It is sloppy work. It was rushed. Incoherent narratives. Sloppy graphics. Buggy. Waterpainting textures. Random moments of wow and lame. This game needs rework. Lots of it. The water effects... omg, please fire your developers. Voice of characters go out of sync randomly. Choppy movements. The main characters move robotically. The action animation is soo repetitive. I thought Origins was repetitive but this here is far worse. Origins was gorgeous. Not perfect, but it sure was worth 8 or 9 stars out of ten. This... this is worth under 5. I want my money back. Such poor work. Expand
  37. Oct 6, 2018
    Do not buy, microtransactions and grind up the ass! Nice and Funny glitches, tho.
  38. Oct 7, 2018
    Combat is just pure crap. Losing a shield makes this game boring the controls are clunky as hell. Voice acting and the scenery are nice but the game is severely held back by the dreadful fighting. There is no way I will finish this game. My advice buy the game when its on sale for 10 or less if you are a die hard fan and want to try it. To the others - avoid it. Possibly the worstCombat is just pure crap. Losing a shield makes this game boring the controls are clunky as hell. Voice acting and the scenery are nice but the game is severely held back by the dreadful fighting. There is no way I will finish this game. My advice buy the game when its on sale for 10 or less if you are a die hard fan and want to try it. To the others - avoid it. Possibly the worst aspect to the horrible combat is it is too much like Mordor *which was garbage*. You will be mid fight and here come droves of people to join in the fun. Higher level bounties. I attacked one guy and before the fight was over and I ran for my life I screen shot how many were there. 11 bounties showed up? How? I had no chance. This happened 3 times in 15 hours -- no thanks Expand
  39. Oct 2, 2018
    Congrats, UBI managed to destroy most of the best features of the previous games like AC 3 and AC Unity, which had great animations in combat and great parkour, it was fun and looked natural.

Now with Origins and Odyssey (which is far worse), you get : - Very badly rendered animations (not enough frames) - Very bad fighting (considering that Ubi owns the "For Honor" franchise) -

Now with Origins and Odyssey (which is far worse), you get :
    - Very badly rendered animations (not enough frames)
    - Very bad fighting (considering that Ubi owns the "For Honor" franchise)
    - Very badly rendered finishing moves
    Basically you 're going to play with a "cyborg styled character" for dozens of hours, which is unbearable for me, and breaks completely the immersion.

From a game design point of view, it just appears that UBi don't know exactly what they are doing, and try evidently to mix several features in their games, just to make them look different for the players, because they all look basically the same : FarCry , AC, Ghost Recon, Watchdogs, you name it, it is always the same game with just a diiffernt place, at a different time, but it definitely always play the same boring and repetitive gameplay. Now they try to go the RPG route but even Mass Effect 1 did it better in this department. It's just meh in every aspect.
    + the game seems very badly optimized on consoles for now, it plays in the 20-25 fps range basically.
    Wait for a sale...
  40. Oct 5, 2018
    The graphics and animation feel outdated. The voice acting is high school level. Not what I expected.
  41. Oct 12, 2018
    Sadly it is just not the same anymore, not sure what this is but it is not longer assassin's creed.
  42. Oct 2, 2018
    It's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions thatIt's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions that ubisoft has implemented in a SINGLE PLAYER game that is just a shame now in 2018 . Overall this mere attempt at a cash grab and could just a "reskin" of origins that was deemed profitable and was a good game but this doesn't gives a feeling of playing an AC game 5/10 Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2018
    terrible generic heartless UBI trash. AC Origins goin on vacation to Greece. Dull repetetive missions system, terrible combat system and trademark Ubisoft zero interaction with the beautiful lookin world (nice graphics). Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon Wildlands are basically the same exact game in different settings - no joke. (You can include that "made in North Korea GTA" rip offterrible generic heartless UBI trash. AC Origins goin on vacation to Greece. Dull repetetive missions system, terrible combat system and trademark Ubisoft zero interaction with the beautiful lookin world (nice graphics). Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon Wildlands are basically the same exact game in different settings - no joke. (You can include that "made in North Korea GTA" rip off hacker game to the list) Expand
  44. Oct 2, 2018
    This game get's a flat out zero for the only reason that it's 2018 and animations still look like absolute GARBAGE are you actually kidding us Ubisoft. I have seen better animations from PS2 games this is ridiculous, it just feels like nothing in this game is real nothing has any weight to it, the assassination animations are the worst because every time you assassinate someone you stopThis game get's a flat out zero for the only reason that it's 2018 and animations still look like absolute GARBAGE are you actually kidding us Ubisoft. I have seen better animations from PS2 games this is ridiculous, it just feels like nothing in this game is real nothing has any weight to it, the assassination animations are the worst because every time you assassinate someone you stop for like a quarter of a second in the air which ruins the entire flow of the animation.

Combat is also absolute garbage since they just gave up entirely on making a fun, engaging and realistic combat system instead opting for number combat, enemies are not acting realistically at all and weapons are all the same.

Everything in this game is outclassed by much older games even by some of the earlier franchise entries like AC:II, and no spoilers for the story but if you want to sleep easy just start playing that generic garbage and you will put yourself to sleep in no time at all.

THERE IS ZERO FUN TO BE HAD IN THIS BORING MONEYSPONGE OF A GAME SO THAT IS WHY THIS GET'S A 0/10!

Ubisoft stop stealing people's money you clowns.
  45. Oct 2, 2018
    This game is almost the same game as the last. The combat is so boring and repetitive. The animations are horrible. The physics are trash. The missions are extremely boring and repetitive. The story is beyond horrible with terrible voice acting.

The open world lacks depth, just like any Ubisoft game. The side quests are very grindy and boring. There is hardly anything worth doing in this world, after completing the story. It's just a boring world with a lot of plants, trees, rocks and sand. There's nothing worth exploring in this boring game.

Is there any multiplayer to make up for the boring side content? Oh that's right, there is no multiplayer. So once you beat the main story, there is no reason to play this game again. Speaking of MP, there is microtransactions in this single-player only game. I don't recommend you pick this game up at all, unless you want to support greed. When buying a SP only game, you shouldn't have to pay a penny more.
  46. Oct 2, 2018
    I don't like RPG element, and then this in not a assassin creed. Just another boring RPG game.
  47. Oct 2, 2018
    honelsty is kinda ironic how youbisoft is tryna play this game off as a prequel or pellet but what the crunk when they thinking about adding yet againg hooded boy as one spartan get hood boy and slapped.? I hate antient greece because an ripe ape egg in a sweet dream never They never talked about one history ago when roman enpire was shown on the clover, yet gave the main protagonest ahonelsty is kinda ironic how youbisoft is tryna play this game off as a prequel or pellet but what the crunk when they thinking about adding yet againg hooded boy as one spartan get hood boy and slapped.? I hate antient greece because an ripe ape egg in a sweet dream never They never talked about one history ago when roman enpire was shown on the clover, yet gave the main protagonest a wiglet to try was making it up for lackluster gainplay. Ruined the game, maybe movie adoptation is where you can throw a bone at the audience, give the a break! ugh? Expand
  48. Jun 26, 2020
    After spending roughly 100 hours with Odyssey I think it’s fair for me to say that this instalment isn’t what would be considered a traditional Assassins Creed experience. Odyssey’s story I found often convoluted and forgetful in the end with its abrupt conclusion, though not without its redeeming moments and allure. The game was riddled with a mixture of satisfactory and subpar acting,After spending roughly 100 hours with Odyssey I think it’s fair for me to say that this instalment isn’t what would be considered a traditional Assassins Creed experience. Odyssey’s story I found often convoluted and forgetful in the end with its abrupt conclusion, though not without its redeeming moments and allure. The game was riddled with a mixture of satisfactory and subpar acting, often the former being dragged down by poor facial animations. The new RPG gameplay mechanics were refreshing and welcomed by me but could definitely be improved upon if they continue in this direction in the future. Ubisoft should aim to find that perfect middle ground between RPG and the traditional Assassins Creed experience. For example, remove the typical grind found in the majority of RPG’s and focus on player choice/branching narratives and customisation instead. On a positive note though, Odyssey’s environments are beautiful, Kassandras character in particular is uniquely charming, certain side characters are genuinely interesting which leads to conversations that can be thought provoking and the plot at points is undeniably interesting. Expand
  49. Sep 16, 2021
    Definitely not as good as AC Origins, but it does improve most of the mechanics. Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an excellent game, making the series an genuine RPG, without removing the AC features. It's an awesome game, and an amazing Assassin's Creed.
  50. Jul 7, 2019
    I love this game so far, I’ve been playing for about 100+ hours now and it’s been great. Sidemissions are getting a bit repetitive at this point, but exploration has been great. Customization is done wonderfully and the skill system is fun. I never care much for RPG’s because they often drag a 25 hour game on for 200 hours, but this is infinitely better so far. A 50 hour game for 100 hoursI love this game so far, I’ve been playing for about 100+ hours now and it’s been great. Sidemissions are getting a bit repetitive at this point, but exploration has been great. Customization is done wonderfully and the skill system is fun. I never care much for RPG’s because they often drag a 25 hour game on for 200 hours, but this is infinitely better so far. A 50 hour game for 100 hours I guess. I like Kassandra, if she were real I’d pee my pants but still be a bit in love, so good job. I like exploring too much so I’m not too far in the story but it’s okay so far.

Considering what other AC’s have been like (I haven’t played Origins yet, mind you) this is about as much fun for me as Black Flag although I miss hunting big fish, animal hunting is a bit meh (even Legendary beasts), ship wars are less fun although boarding is much better with the improved engine. Yeah I recommend it but I’ll admit it could be better. The map is huge btw, so no need to go bigger next time, it just leads to more unused space or space for mindless sidequests. Leveling should go much faster with the current cap and considering it’s a full price AAA game (got the gold edition...) I don’t like that buying an XP boost was a good idea if you catch my drift.

Edit: and the modern day story sucks and definitely doesn’t make the game more fun. Ubisoft should finally, finally get some balls and drop it. It’s just holding Assassin’s Creed games back since at least Black Flag, which is the first AC I played.
  51. Jul 2, 2019
    Same as Origins, if nothing was new and everything was either bad or boring.
    Same as Origins, if nothing was new and everything was either bad or boring.
    A really high price for what is basically a new texture mod for origins. The open world and story are the only thing this game has going for it and that has become pretty worn out, especially after the last title gave hope that this series might become good again. Edit: The story starts of good but ends in dissapointment and headscratching, just awful. And speaking of open world, the lighting in this game is just complete and utter trash.
    Combat barely works right, generally be happy if the game actually responds to inputs. So when you play on nightmare and everything has to be timed properly have fun. Especially against Boss type enemies you realize that the developer never considered how this would work with their combat system. Plenty of attacks are entirely undogable, you can't doge with the short version and staying on the button takes longer than the time between start and execution of their attack. Loads of fun. Even against normal enemies the combat is somewhere between annoying and boring. At least in origins it was something new, and it was definitely better than this. Combat for the most part is simply designed to be frustrating and take as long as possible. This game is a waste of time on every level.
    The ships could have been a fun feature but combat is boring, like a worse version of the fourth game, and customization laughable.
    Fighting the games version of the Templars is pretty boring and by the numbers with no effort to make it more engaging and interesting.
    And the fact that you can't control your horses speed is a very small thing, but it is just grating after a while.
    Stealth play is also ruined in this game, since you can't even kill most normal enemies with assassionations and definitely not your targets. So you always end up having all out fights with all guards and mercenaries around, or pick them off one by one which to me was always an incredibly boring way to do it.
    This whole thing is basically as fancy walking simulator, although even most of those are a more interesting experience than this game. And to all the people giving this a good rating, you're the reason we can't have nice things. The reason crap like this gets produced over and over again in the laziest way possible.
  52. May 10, 2019
    Tedious RPG with over the top grinding and mandatory level scaling making this one of the most boring, frustrating repetitive games. Ubisoft took AC to a whole new level of misery and still continue with their microtransactions to rip people off even further. AC is dead.
  53. Mar 15, 2019
    С первых минут игры тебе кажется что эта игра довольно интересно и затягивающая, но это не так. Это однообразная гриндилка где все решает лвл топовый шмот оружия и навыки но никак не твой скилл. Вся боевка это нажатие одной кнопки как в каком нибудь кликере, ну еще ты можешь блокировать атаки и уворачиваться, но это тебе никак не поможет если твой враг выше тебя на 5 лвлов. Графон довольноС первых минут игры тебе кажется что эта игра довольно интересно и затягивающая, но это не так. Это однообразная гриндилка где все решает лвл топовый шмот оружия и навыки но никак не твой скилл. Вся боевка это нажатие одной кнопки как в каком нибудь кликере, ну еще ты можешь блокировать атаки и уворачиваться, но это тебе никак не поможет если твой враг выше тебя на 5 лвлов. Графон довольно хороший и от него не текут глаза. Очень захватывающие и в тоже время морально выматывающие морские бои. Довольно скучный сюжет. Нпс довольно всратые, эмоций на их лицах нет вообще и постоянная неуместная жестикуляция и это сильно бросается в глаза, учитывая то что процентов 55 всего геймплея это диалоги. Expand
  54. Jan 9, 2019
    This game is not totally bad, but it's like a old shadow from a game sieries wich was good.
  55. Mar 26, 2019
    Отвратительная игра. Неероятно скучная. 3 балла она набрала исключительно из-за художества. Игра действительно красивая. но лор, сюжет, сеттинг, боевка отвратительные. Ничего не зацепляет, ужасная игра. В обычной пустыне Origins больше событий, чем в городах Одиссеи. Главные герои не зацепили. Карта большая, но большую часть ее занимают моря и горы.Отвратительная игра. Неероятно скучная. 3 балла она набрала исключительно из-за художества. Игра действительно красивая. но лор, сюжет, сеттинг, боевка отвратительные. Ничего не зацепляет, ужасная игра. В обычной пустыне Origins больше событий, чем в городах Одиссеи. Главные герои не зацепили. Карта большая, но большую часть ее занимают моря и горы.
  56. May 2, 2019
    There is only 1 thing is good about this game: artist's work. They made a beautiful world. That's all. This game totally consists of grinding resources, farming identical enemies and even plot quests are the same as additional quests. You can't just go straight the plot, you HAVE TO farm identical quests over and over. And these quests are extremely boring. I didn't see anyone whoThere is only 1 thing is good about this game: artist's work. They made a beautiful world. That's all. This game totally consists of grinding resources, farming identical enemies and even plot quests are the same as additional quests. You can't just go straight the plot, you HAVE TO farm identical quests over and over. And these quests are extremely boring. I didn't see anyone who finished this game because of this boredom. Don't want to grind? Buy boosters. No, thanks, Ubisoft. You created artificial necessity to grind so I don't buy your games anymore. The worst AC game ever. Expand
  57. VIM
    May 11, 2019
    I’m only rating it this low because of all the ridiculously high ratings. This game is not about assassins and would have been a good game if it was a spin-off. The environment is beautiful but boring and there is barely any parkour, which is a main component of assassins creed
  58. Dec 28, 2018
    AC: Origins kinda rebooted the gameplay, quest dynamics etc. and added a very interesting chapter to the storyline. However AC: Odyssey does nothing of sort and fails to deliver anything at all.

1) Graphics are more or less the same with Origins, with less impressive cities and more googly eyes. 2) Storyline is awful. Three separate subplots, all of them lack anything interesting at

2) Storyline is awful. Three separate subplots, all of them lack anything interesting at all. You can’t have any emotional bonds with the characters, you don’t wonder what will happen next and the ending is unimpressive to say the least. And don’t get me started on side quests.

3) Gameplay is still somewhat fun BUT the world is immense and it becomes highly repetitive and boring after 3 regions.

Overall, AC: Odyssey was really disappointing for me, I had big expectations. If you find it at, let’s say 75% discount, buy it and spend 2 days to complete the game. Otherwise, don’t bother.
  59. Dec 3, 2018
    to much micro transaction.. its was disappointing. Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard... They will learn their lesson one day
  60. Dec 29, 2018
    Around 50+ hours in this cancer product let me know,that Ubi has no technical designers,testers or story makers.I think,that only one blind idiot can make something like this.A lot of different story mistakes,disappearing of stealth system,artificial RPG elements-there are more reasons,because this is not only the AC franschise’s death,but also the second worst AAA game of the year.Around 50+ hours in this cancer product let me know,that Ubi has no technical designers,testers or story makers.I think,that only one blind idiot can make something like this.A lot of different story mistakes,disappearing of stealth system,artificial RPG elements-there are more reasons,because this is not only the AC franschise’s death,but also the second worst AAA game of the year.

Oh,by the way,I spent today around 2-3 hours in Odyssey and my saves disappeared(quick-saves didn’t work).
    Thank you,Ubi,for your worst game for 10 years

#NotMyAC
  61. Jan 23, 2019
    Совсем обленились. С такими финансами и возможностями клепать каждый год одно и то же. Для меня AC закончился с историей Дезмонта.
    На старте больше ни одной игры от Юбисофт не возьму. Буду ждать скидку в 50-75%
  62. Feb 1, 2019
    The beginning of the end of one of the most wonderful game series I have ever played.
    And that alone makes me truly sad.
    And that alone makes me truly sad.

This is the first Assassin's Creed game I didn't finish, because the story really disappointed me in every way it could've, if the next Assassin's Creed game will be like this it will be the first one I will not buy. Unfortunately, the next game will be even worse and probably in a setting I really don't wanna see.
  63. Mar 12, 2019
    This game is reskinned Origins, but even more boring. Game does not allow you to play at all. I'm constantly attacked by bunches of mercenaries. ALL THE TIME!!! You really can't play game 5 minutes not to be bothered by randomly spawned mercenaries! Further, what's use of leveling up if all enemies raising level with you? Really don't get it?!?!?!?
  64. Mar 13, 2019
    *WARNING: Very late and long-winded rant review that focuses on the negatives primarily!**

It is a sad sight to see a giant like Assassin's Creed lose its identity and sense of direction. Assassin's Creed thrived while in its action/adventure story style but, after years of milking the series for what it's worth year after year, the developers decided to make things fresh by almost completely stripping it of its identity. For critics, reviewers, and casual players, this is a welcomed change. But for the real fans, it is reasonable to see this as a tragedy. The linear, focused version of storytelling is replaced by your cooky cutter open dialog choice, gender selection, and multiple endings, which would be fine if that fit into Assassin's Creeds established lore and formula. The reason why the other installments didn't have these RPG elements are because of the Animus, a machine that lets people experience memories of ancestors through their DNA. Realistically, this would mean you sit through the memories like you would a linear story, not mend and change the memories to your liking like you would with a RPGs. The RPG formula just doesn't work with the storytelling of the game.

The present-day story has been weak for a long time now, ever since the end of Desomd Mile's story. Granted, the present day story from the first Assassin's Creed to Assassin's Creed 3 has had its fault. But, even with those faults, the story of Desmond Miles was interesting, had its high moments, and held a lot of insight into the world of Assassin's Creed. With better writing and care, the present day story could've been something truly great. But by comparison, Desmond Mile's story was far better than what's been spit out over the past few games and the implementation of Layla Hassan hasn't been a real improvement. People actually praise the fact that she and her present-day story is hardly in the game, which is disappointing because it shows that the writers can't seem to get the present-day aspect of their overall story right. In this installment, they also seem to forget the driving force and reason for these games; the Assassins and the Templars. These two major fighting forces are pretty much non-existent throughout the game, which is disappointing considering there are a lot of areas of both sides that still need to be fleshed out but are sadly ignored.

But to get off the subject of story, there are a few things to point out in terms of gameplay. The combat is a joke. Movement and animation are janky and cartoonish, stealth assassinations are a little outlandish for stealth assassinations, and with the implementation of RPG elements, there are these giants, goofy numbers that pop up with every attack. This a far cry from what the combat used to be. Sure, in terms of challenge and variety, it is better compared to the counter-spamming combat system of older installments. But, with what it gains, it loses the charm and interest that came with the smooth combat and cinematic movement and executions. It felt as though you were playing as an experienced fighter and assassin, not as a janky cartoon character on cocaine. There is just no charm to the combat as it sits now.

Also, what is the point of freerunning at this point? The most iconic part of the series where you could get from place to place in a fast and fashionable manner, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, wall to wall, has been belittled to jumping and climbing over rocks, trees, and a handful of buildings that are just close enough to jump between so you feel some sort of relevance out of it.

The Assassin's Creed formula along with the identity has changed so much to the point where it is no longer is an Assassin's Creed game. Rather than improving the series's gameplay and story shortcomings while still keeping it true to its roots, Ubisoft seems to think it's better to just throw out everything that made Assassin's Creed great and turn it into an unrecognizable game to follow the fad of everything being an RPG and to make a profit off the series name. As a totally separate game, Assassin's Creed Odyssey would be a great game and probably have a lot better scoring overall. But, being that it is an Assassin's Creed game, it should be judged as so. For hardcore and veteran players, it should be sad to see a game so loved lose so much of itself just so that companies can continue to milk it year after year. It has seriously lost the heart and soul that made it great.
  65. Apr 29, 2019
    Another boring AC game with too much grinding and unnecessary rpg elements. I really wanted to like this game but once I seen it was so repetitive I couldn't play it anymore. this is the second year that I bought an AC game and was disappointed by it. I will never buy another AC game again unless they remove the rpg elements.
  66. May 13, 2019
    Took a chance hoping this would be better than Origins but now I'm done. this is more tedious than Origins. There is no fun in this game at all. Level scaling, microtransaction and so much grinding it takes years just to level up and you can't beat a donkey.
  67. Nov 23, 2018
    My review score should actually be a 8 or a 6 depending on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for an Assassin's Creed Action Adventure game, I'll put it a 8 or even 8,5. I really like this installment. It is probably my favorite one and the one I played the most I believe. If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not

If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not deliver on this genre even though the game is definitely better than Origins. It is not enough to have (poor) dialogue choices and levels and XP to state you are a RPG. You do not feel that you are in control of your destiny. Your impact on the world is limited. You can win epic battles! But whether you win or loose these epic battles, it has no more impact than if you kill or not a wild boar in the wilderness... You just get loot. You can side with Athenians or Spartans but it does not matter. Nothing really matters...

I love the idea that AC would turn more into a RPG but then it needs to meet the RPG requirements not just pretend. And AC as a RPG is really far from the best games in this category. But as a typical AC game, action oriented, kudos to the team for delivering a fun and enjoyable game.
  68. Apr 24, 2019
    This is a great RPG. After the negative reviews, I was surprised to find this game fantastic and exactly what I was looking for at the time. This is actually the first game that I've platinumed.

I enjoyed the combat and wide variety of weapons and armor. The graphics are fantastic with one of the longest draw distances I've seen. The missions were fairly varied and some had short, interesting side story arcs. Though nothing ground-break, the story was interesting enough to make me pause whatever TV show I had going in the background at the time, which isn't bad. The game is well-made and polished; I found very few problems or glitches, even when I had gotten myself into a crazy situation that I would expect and accept a freeze or something.

Reading the negative comments, I find most of them are displeased about two primary areas: microtransactions and the gameplay style. There are microtransactions in the game, which I don't love, but these are in no way necessary. I never felt like leveling was too slow or that I needed to purchase anything to advance the game. There are scores of weapons and armor already available.
    If one just doesn't like the fact that microtransactions exist, then they might be unhappy. Personally, I didn't even notice them since I never opened the store menu in the game.

Perhaps the title should be "Assassin's Creed Presents" because there isn't actually much traditional assassination, but the gameplay and graphics are clearly assassins creed, and it does link in with the whole 'exploring the past through genetic memory' thing. Instead, this is a huge, open-world RPG.
  69. Apr 23, 2019
    Okay, so after a solid 87 hours of game play, I'm ready to give my two cents on this masterpiece of a game. First of all, let me say that this game caught me by surprise. The sheer size of it is almost overwhelming but it's a very rewarding experience as well. It was slow to start for me but I really enjoyed the depth of the game and the characters they revived from the dead, such asOkay, so after a solid 87 hours of game play, I'm ready to give my two cents on this masterpiece of a game. First of all, let me say that this game caught me by surprise. The sheer size of it is almost overwhelming but it's a very rewarding experience as well. It was slow to start for me but I really enjoyed the depth of the game and the characters they revived from the dead, such as Socrates. It has an intellectual feel at parts and I enjoyed how your decisions create different pathways for the protagonist. I love the combat but it was tricky at first, It's important you follow a certain perk tree and stick to that style of game play throughout the game. I also like that you can reset the tree at any time and change the way you can play it. I haven't even dabbled in the dlc content yet but I foresee another 20-30 hours of game play to go. I would most definitely recommend the game to anyone on the fence and having played every major AC from the start, I can say that this is my favorite one yet. They did an excellent job on this game. 10/10 Expand
  70. Jun 20, 2019
    Очень интерестная и красивая игра! Наконец-то юбики постарались)
  71. Mar 16, 2020
    Красивая, но скучная гриндилка. Сюжет тупой и не интересн, персонажи и мир скучный, игра гамно крч
  72. Jul 1, 2020
    Got the Platinum, and played all DLC.. but I got really tired of this formula. Great graphics, nice locations. The RPG system was really bad for this title. You can select the gender but translations often mismatch you during conversations (Spanish and french)
  73. Oct 24, 2018
    Graphics - Good 8/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Level design - avesome 10/10
    Optimization - normal 7/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Balance - 5/10 (I play nightmare)
    Storyline - 4/10
    Side quests - 3/10
    Microtransaction -99/10
  74. Nov 16, 2018
    The same Origins but with a lot more micro transactions!! Ubisoft motivates you to pay for not playing the game!! ( You can pay for passing through many long boring and repeated parts of the game). It's incredible that this game is nominated for GOTY 2018.
  75. Nov 4, 2018
    Story:4 boring
    Details:7
    Gameplay:5 isn’t assassin’s creed
    Sounds:8
    Mechanics:4 isn’t assassin’s creed
    Characters:5 far from Ezio auditore
  76. Dec 6, 2018
    Between this and last year's Origins, it's questionable to call this an AC game. This is a copy and paste of Origins but with Greek assets. I'm not really sure where the assasin part of the game fits in anymore as you can pretty much just brute force you're way through the game. The game once again suffers from gated story missions and other content. Anyone can see this was done toBetween this and last year's Origins, it's questionable to call this an AC game. This is a copy and paste of Origins but with Greek assets. I'm not really sure where the assasin part of the game fits in anymore as you can pretty much just brute force you're way through the game. The game once again suffers from gated story missions and other content. Anyone can see this was done to increase grind and get people to pay for XP boosters and what not. They tried to rip of Witcher 3 with this new AC style but failed to capture the magic. The side missions get boring very fast. It's the usual Ubisoft formula where you just clear out nameless enemies a 100 times in each region. I never finished Origins because I got bored of this. Luckily I just rented this game to try out before buy. Looks like AC is finished. They should have just created a new IP for this and Origins because it's certainly not AC anymore. Graphics are great though and the architecture as AC games are known for. Sadly, this game is for people who have 200 hours to grind on pointless side missions so they can get to the levels needed to progress in the game. The last decent AC game was Rogue it seems. Expand
  77. Dec 31, 2018
    forcing enemy level scaling to sale xp booster in a single player game ? that a nono
  78. Jan 2, 2019
    I've put around 100 hours into this game and can honestly say it was a chore to play through.

Having played every console released Assassin's creed to date, its so frustrating to see Ubisoft continue to ruin the franchise with sub-par games that quite frankly make a mockery of established lore (whether you care about that stuff is up to you of course) and take the franchise in wild new directions that just don't work.

I'm on the fence as to whether the RPG transformation of the series is a good thing as it was done well in Origins and breathed new life into the series, but in this installment it's been dumbed down massively.

Positives:

Beautiful and enormous game world with vibrant locations. One of the best looking AC games to date, if nothing else the game looks stunning. (this is honestly all i can think of to praise the game)

Negatives:

You will notice from the get-go that animations are a weak point. Facial animation looks unnatural and reminds me a lot of Mass Effect: Andromeda (not quite as bad albeit) but you cant see any emotion in characters faces, they just seem to contort their faces in strange ways to attempt to convey emotion, the same with boy language. Just looks lazy. How is it that prev gen games like Mass Effect 1,2,3 could nail animations so well and recent games with arguably better tech do worse???? You'll also notice that walking and running looks weird, as if you're gliding and the horse animations are jittery.

Voice acting is terrible across the board, almost comical caricature performances. Look at RDR2 for example or the newest God of War, and compare the two. Leagues apart.

The story is messy and has nothing really to do with the original overarching templars v assassins + isu narrative. Ubisoft are just retconning bits in to justify making the game in the first place. You wont care about any of the characters or story in general by the end. To put it simply, boring.

Side quests are repetitive and boring, go there, kill this person/s, loot this chest and repeat. The game world is massive and filled with quests yes, but when you actually look at the content offered, its devoid of any substance. It's all very forgettable. It's just put there to pad the game out and 'fatten it up', to make it seem as if you're presented with a rich interesting world.

The audio is weird in places. Dialogue between characters is glitchy and the voice actors lines often interrupt eachother as if they are out of sync. Clearly shows how the game was rushed (which seems to be a common theme as you play through it).

Loading times are way too frequent, the game often cuts to black screens to load cutscenes or dialogue and it breaks the immersion of the game, this will try your patience. Loading times after death are annoying.

Overall polish:

****The game is full of game breaking glitches and it will frequently crash****

This is incredibly frustrating and will try your patience, you have been warned.
    For example, a quest that i need to finish in order to complete the story is broken, so i cant even complete the game. There are numerous other examples you can find online from players saying the same. It's clear this game was rushed and you'll see that as you play the game, from its distinct lack of overall polish in any area.

To conclude i would simply say, avoid this game. It's incredibly disappointing, lacks technical polish, is poorly constructed and feels like an absolute chore to play.
  79. Jan 19, 2019
    The worst AC, cuz it is NOT AC. **** animations, grind and other many surprises like microtransactions in a single-player game ARE involved(R* and CDPR are shocked). Stop buyling it, please.
  80. Dec 11, 2018
    Дерьмина бесполезная
  81. Jan 11, 2019
    Terrible, buggy, repetitive is how I describe this game. It's without a doubt the worst of the series.
  82. Jan 23, 2019
    Just skip it. Another unworthy piece of sh*t, that's all. ----------------------------------
  83. Oct 26, 2018
    If you play the game the way it was meant to be played, exploring every piece of the map, as intended, the game is fun and enjoyable.

I enjoy doing every single thing in this game, have never used a single microtransaction. A lot of people complaining about having to grind and how the game is pay to win. I haven’t bought a single booster and haven’t had to grind anything to proceed my

I haven’t bought a single booster and haven’t had to grind anything to proceed my story.

I’m clearing the map and doing all the quests as I find them and I find myself easily overlevelled for the story missions (I’m that high a level all the quests cap up to my level to make them balanced)

I haven’t played an a assassins creed game since black flag, this one is really good.
  84. Oct 12, 2018
    This is my first Assassins Creed since the AC2 so I was very curious, how this game plays nowadays. When I saw the game is set in ancient Greece, I knew I have to buy it, been waiting for a game like that very long. There were a lot of disscusions if this is still an AC game. Obviously its not but I do not understand, how this is a bad thing? We had this year a new God of War game, whereThis is my first Assassins Creed since the AC2 so I was very curious, how this game plays nowadays. When I saw the game is set in ancient Greece, I knew I have to buy it, been waiting for a game like that very long. There were a lot of disscusions if this is still an AC game. Obviously its not but I do not understand, how this is a bad thing? We had this year a new God of War game, where you could ask the same question, was this still the GoW we knew, who cares, it was so good it probably will become GOTY.

While Odyssey is not a candidate for GOTY, it is still a damn fine game. Clearly the devs were inspired by The Witcher 3 and its approach for different options during conversations where depending on your choice, quests will play very different. There is a heavy focus on RPG mechanics, you'll travel a lot in beautiful Greece, fight many enemies, trade your items and collect epic or legendary gear while gaining XP and built your skill tree. You can focus on becoming an archer, warrior or assassin, or you'll chose the best of three worlds, just like me.

You will travel a lot with your ship and let me say one thing: wow... the water looks gorgeous. While traveling, your crew will always sing a nice Greek shanty. The controls feel great altough its definitely far away from beeing a ship simulator. The battles are epic, I love how everyone is shouting and before entering a ship, your crew is stamping on the ground and they bash their spears against their shields. If there is a storm at night, the atmosphere is even more tense!

The story keeps you hooked as, typical for these times, there is a lot going on about revenge and betrayal. You can either choose to play as a male of female though Alexios looks kinda boring compared to Cassandra. He lacks the charisma that Cassandra has.

Along the story you'll discover new features of the game such as the bountyhunters which works kinda like the wanted level in GTA. If you'll mess around to much (murdering, stealing... ) they will search for you which adds this nice dynamic gameplay mechanic where you're in the middle of a battle when suddenly one or more bountyhunter appear.

Also, since this plays during the war between Athen and Sparta, you'll join one side during these big battles where you slaughter the enemies army.

The microtransactions are optional, you'll never need them if you keep gaining XP trough sidequests.

Typical for a Ubisoft game like that, there can be bugs here and there like strange behaving NPCs/ enemies and glitches with the animations, which also can look a little bit awkward during cutscenes.

Naturaly this game can feel "grindy" as other open world games by Ubisoft did. But this feeling fades if you immerse yourself in the gorgeous landscape of Greece alongside a very nice soundtrack.

Its sad to see how people here judge this game without even playing it. Just because there are microtransactions which nobody really needs to buy. Also I've seen people mentioning "SJW".... seriously? Those people cant be older than 12....
  85. Nov 15, 2018
    Like in Assassins creed origins Good story, the fighting is fun where you can do combos if you want, but this doesn’t feel like an Assassins creed game, the Assassin tree isn’t even that good and is useless most of the time. It’s like UbiSoft made a Conan game or whatever. This game has reached a new level of your UbiSoft OpenWorld grinding, my god there is a lot of grinding, all of it!Like in Assassins creed origins Good story, the fighting is fun where you can do combos if you want, but this doesn’t feel like an Assassins creed game, the Assassin tree isn’t even that good and is useless most of the time. It’s like UbiSoft made a Conan game or whatever. This game has reached a new level of your UbiSoft OpenWorld grinding, my god there is a lot of grinding, all of it! It’s the same style over and over and over and over again! Kill 2 captains, Free 2 prisoners, loot 3 chests, repeat, repeat, and this is stuff you have to do unless you want to buy “fast level” microtransactions to skip all the grinding. If you don’t do this, you probably will have a hard time doing for example the boat story missions. Even story mode is grinding, kill cultist, kill cultist, and next one and next one etc etc etc.
    The game also tries to have a dialogue system like Witcher where the outcome is different based on what you choose in the dialogues, however the cutscenes and the dialogues seems kind of cheap and not well made. It tries but comes short.
    UbiSoft made a milking cow with POPUPS of microtransactions. Maybe they are suffering?
    Next time I have to be realy realy bored to buy another Assassin's Creed game...
  86. Feb 8, 2019
    Melissa Maccoubrey is an SJW. I knew right when I saw that "this game respects all genders" crap on the first loading screen I just made a huge mistake. I am Greek, and have been waiting for AC to come to Greece for a long time. This is the worst possible time to be made. SJW's have corrupted everything. Star Wars, Battlefield, and now Assassins Creed. Not only did the liberal agenda pissMelissa Maccoubrey is an SJW. I knew right when I saw that "this game respects all genders" crap on the first loading screen I just made a huge mistake. I am Greek, and have been waiting for AC to come to Greece for a long time. This is the worst possible time to be made. SJW's have corrupted everything. Star Wars, Battlefield, and now Assassins Creed. Not only did the liberal agenda piss me off throughout this game, but the lack of engagement. I feel like Alexios is a weak peace of **** not someone who was raised by Leonidas' son. Ubisoft also just reskinned Origins into Greece. CD prokekt red is the only company not corrupt by SJW's. Melissa Maccoubrey and Ubisoft should tread carefully before their corrupt company gets stomped. Expand
  87. Nov 20, 2018
    Very beautiful and big world. This allows you to plunge into the atmosphere of ancient Greece.
  88. Apr 11, 2019
    Malaka!! What an odyssey! It took me 105hrs to complete this journey on Hard difficulty.

With Ubisoft games, expect a lot of repetition in gameplay, systems and mission structure. What sold me is the setting. I was absolutely into Greek mythology as a kid in the 90s and have watched so many Greek movies growing up (Jason and the Argonauts, Hercules, Xena, Troy, 300, stop-motion skeletons). AC:Odyssey was like a childhood dream come to life! I was so enthralled by the sights and sounds, the whole Greek world, the legendary creatures, the historical figures, the monuments, everything! Also, Greece is such a wonderful and beautiful world to explore for me as I love the hills, mountains, ocean, beaches and green locations.

The last AC I played, Origins, was bland to me cos I was never a fan or Egyptian mythology and setting. So the constant sand and desert areas were very dull and uninteresting for me, dampening my motivation to explore. Ended up rushing through the main story in about 30hrs.

Odyssey on the other hand was a journey I enjoyed from start to end. The main story is also very well developed and engaging. I played as Kassandra and she is a much much better protagonist than Bayek. I loved all the side characters and some side missions made me genuinely laugh out loud.

The RPG mechanics introduced are much better here than in Origins, although I hope it can be more like Skyrim or Witcher levels of detail in the future. I liked the dialogue choices and consequences introduced, but it could be developed even deeper.

I loved the legendary weapons and armor sets, with all the unique skills that come with it. It's definitely a fun game to play.

I took one point off for not having a deep lore/history system. I would like to have a Codex entry giving detailed history of Greece's locations, characters, weapons, culture, people, etc. That would have helped players who enjoy reading codex entries more appreciation for the main plot and the world in general, like in Witcher, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. Also, I thought there would be a Discovery Tour like in Origins but to my disappointment, there isn't.

Overall, I absolutely loved Odyssey. Brilliant game by Ubisoft and that was something I did not expect. Ubisoft games, I now realize, are about the world setting. If you're into it, you'll definitely have a blast. So it was for me in Wildlands ( loved Netflix's Narcos) and Odyssey (loved Greek mythology) and AC2 (loved Gladiator, HBO's Rome).

Absolutely play this if you're a fan of Greek culture.
  89. Apr 8, 2019
    As someone whose interest in AC had lapsed some years ago, I was dubious about playing Odyssey, but as a sucker for history, I was pulled in by the ancient Greece setting. Having now spent 100 hours playing the game, I can say that it has been a pleasant surprise and left me looking forward to seeing what future AC installments will offer.

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be transitioning AC away from being a pure third person action game and into a more RPG focused style of game, with leveling, gearing, and skill progression systems to customise your gameplay experience. its is clear that Ubisoft have taken significant design cues from The Witcher 3 for many of Odyssey's gameplay and narrative elements, so if you enjoyed Witcher 3, Odyssey is likely to scratch the same itch, even if it is not of the same quality as TW3.

On the narrative side, the story is surprisingly engaging and kept me interested throughout the 80hrs I spent on the main campaign. While it is hardly revolutionary in terms of storytelling, it clearly shows that Ubisoft are trying new things by including dual protagonists, dialogue choices, and romance subplots. While it never manages to execute any of these things with the same level of skill as Bioware, CDPR, or Obsidian, it nonetheless shows that the devs are trying to evolve the series to increase player agency, which is a good thing, IMO.

From a value standpoint, AC: Odyssey is an excellent proposition with a lengthy (40+hrs) main campaign, and huge amounts of side content to do, including killing a series of mythical beasts of Greek legend, an arena gladiatorial contest, ship battles, a mercenary system vaguely reminiscent of the Nemesis system in Mordor, as well as other features that would be spoilers. If anything, there is almost too many systems in the game and it might have benefited from having fewer systems with more depth given to the best of those features. In any case, you will not lack for things to do at any stage.

My only real complaints are the technical performance, and the grind walls that you occasionally encounter during the campaign. I experienced frequent fps drops even on the Pro, and a persistent bug that causes the game to lock up for a few seconds every now and then, which may cause you to get killed if it happens in the middle of a battle. Its clear that Odyssey is a very demanding game that pushes even the enhanced consoles to their absolute limit, so i would be cautious about attempting to play it on the base consoles if you are at all sensitive to fps dips.

On the issue of grind walls, be aware that you may find yourself required at times to either stop the main campaign for a time and go and do side quests to level up, or to purchase the XP boost microtransaction item if you just want to play the main story. This will not be an issue if you are a completionist, but it may well annoy some players who want to focus on the main plot.

Overall, AC Odyssey is an extremely enjoyable and ambitious game that brims with content and looks and sounds stunning. While it falters here and there in certain design decisions, it is well worth your time if you are a fan of AC games, action RPGs, and/or open worlds, and you have 50-100 hours to spare.
  90. Jan 11, 2019
    Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a complicated game. It has many things about it that are great. It also has many common problems. This game may be one of my most complicated of all times. I have nearly 60 hours on this game and I can't decide if it is good or bad, so I go with mixed.

This is the first Assassin’s Creed game to be more RPG like, where you choose who you play as, what kind of gear they wear, and what choices they make (some greatly affect the game more than others). It has reduced present day (probably makes up around 35 minutes of screentime for the average player), supernatural and powerful items, clothing and weapons with different abilities and traits and a vast open world with tons of stuff to do. The final part is where the game shines, but also where it is at its most issues.

It starts out mostly good, where you get to choose your character after playing as the legendary Leonidas where you build up your character. Then after some hard choices and three hours of gameplay, you get your ship where you can explore anywhere that is around your level. Then you are sent to a few islands where you have to do a few side quests and more choices. Then go to another land with more side quests and a few story. Then more and more stuff etc. It gets kind of repetitive though still a little fun. Etc. etc. But in the later game, the repetitive stuff feels much less fun and like a total grind. Only when you reach a certain level, does you feel really powerful, like you can defeat all these guys and beat the game! You have three main Odysseys to complete that they put a lot of work into. But after beating all 3 of them, it doesn't feel totally satisfying as it should, but more rewarding than not.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has many strengths and weaknesses. The strengths revolve around its open world, great graphics, character design, etc. The weaknesses are the stuff in it that is just too much and makes the game much more long than it needs to be. The other biggest problem is Microtransactions, which just shouldn't be in any single-player game! Just too much stuff!! (which is funny since many games are too short, this game is too long). I had fun playing this but would prefer less grinding and to return to its roots.
  91. Oct 15, 2018
    Huge, Impressive and beautiful world! Dangerous journey with complex battles and silent assasination. Many activities there: simple for mercenary quests, global targets, assasination by bounty, investigation, explore, stealing goods, sabotage and many others! You will find what you like to do. And yes. In game have good quest with interesting stories!
  92. Oct 13, 2018
    For me, this is the best AC ever. Yes, it is different from earlier ACs. About as different as Origins was when it came out, this is that much different again.
    The first thing I'm loving about this game is, maybe obviously, the gorgeous map. It's a beautiful part of the world and this game reflects that. Add in a lot of interesting historical elements and you have a fantastic backdrop for action, exploration and exposition.
    The next thing I really love is the quite substantial combat difficulty/proficiency curve. At the start of the game, I died. And died. And died. And ran away and hid from rival mercenaries. The game forces you to get gud. And as you settle into the controls, level up, and unlock more special moves, you start kicking more and more ass. It feels way more substantial than older AC combat, and is way more engaging for it. And, dare I say, realistic. Like it really would be preferable to sneak stab everyone, and when you slip up and all the bad guys come running, there's a palpable sense of **** this is going to be hard work getting out of this."
    As for the story, I'm finding it fairly compelling so far, with some satisfying twists generating just enough intrigue to drive the whole thing forward. Plots and subplots tie in pretty well to some of the activities, and there's always something different to do.
    I mean I really can't ask for more in an AC game. I don't understand the low scores here, but Ubisoft should be proud that they now have a fanbase just as passionate as that other great fantasy franchise, Star Wars. With that comes the crowd that you will never please, because things can never be how they were. Time doesn't stand still, and for the majority of us, that's a huge relief. Fantastic effort, Ubisoft.
  93. Nov 4, 2018
    This game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general theThis game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general the lore approach to this game is extremely weird and none of it feels like Assassin's Creed at all. I recommend this game at a very low price, probably under $20 if you want to run around a really gorgeous world and engage with mindless, mediocre content. But it's safe to say this is a very disappointing game and I have no hopes of Assassin's Creed getting any better in the future. What a shame. Expand
  94. May 5, 2020
    Love it or hate it type of a game. I saw people cry about the hidden blade, not in the game. Like Why. This is one of the best AC games I've played and I played all of them. If you like exploring a vast OpenWorld with the tone of discovery to make This is a good game.
  95. Sep 9, 2019
    I've invested 700 hours in this game and with 3 playthroughs with Kassandra and one with Alexios.

The story is a lot better than in Origins. The combat is harder. I ragequitted several times until I managed to adapt to the new combat. Be aware there is a forced enemy level scaling that you cannot turn off unlike you had the option in Origins. Ubi added easy, normal and hard mode

The story is a lot better than in Origins.

Be aware there is a forced enemy level scaling that you cannot turn off unlike you had the option in Origins. Ubi added easy, normal and hard mode after many people complained.
    Sometime, especially if you are surrounded my many enemies it's better to run away and hide and try again.

Every microtransaction is also avalaible for free through the ingame orichalum. Tho it is a lot of griending and luck needed to get the rare stuff from the shop. They upped the chance on getting the legendary items on the oikos store with one of their latest updates.
    There is no need to buy them in the helix store.
    Or check the Nexus mods page, just don't give Ubi your money for microtransactions.

I get the feeling that many negative reviews are from oldschool AC gamers that can't or wont adapt to the new gamestyle. I've played AC 1,2, Black Flag, Rogue and Origins so far.

The romance options are more of a fling rather than a serious approach like we are used from the Mass Effect series. But this is Ubi's first approach and with enough feedback they might be doing better in the next game.

Also the Dev's take in a lot of feedback from the gamer community and this is awesome.

So in conclusion this game is worth it's money and has imo a lot of replay value.

If you play your Kasslexios as gay or asexual you should keep your finger from the first DLC (legacy of the first blade) for several reasons.
    If you wnat to know more about that you better go and spoil yourself before you decide to buy it or not.

The 2nd DLC (fate of atlantis) is okay.
  96. Dec 8, 2018
    This is not an assassin's creed. This RPG game about Spartans has nothing to do with the series.
  97. Nov 30, 2018
    castrated witcher, from which cut out everything except the questions. 0/10
  98. Dec 3, 2018
    If you played the first Assassin's Creed game, you've played them all. Ubisoft are just simply texture swapping and pumping out the same freaking game each year. This one has cool graphics sure, but nothing more than that. Don't waste your money and time on this game
  99. Dec 11, 2018
    Welcome to fifa 20...sorry, to assassin´s creed 2018. it looks like a dlc of Assassin´s creed orgins
  100. Jan 9, 2019
    This is (And I I can't stress this enough) not Assassin's Creed!

1- No hidden Blade ( could you imagine this ever to happen ?!)
    2- No parkour, yet alone 3 buildings next to each other.
    3- No social stealth, so forget the the phrase ''hide in plain sight''
    4- Choosing history instead of WITNESSING IT!?
    5- NO Assassins (???)

Generally favorable reviews - based on 86 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 4, 2019
    I cared more for these characters and the world than I ever did in previous Assassin’s Creed games, and I think that’s part of why this reboot is so successful. Playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey left me feeling valiant and triumphant as I worked my way up the cultist food chain, and and I was always excited to see what Kassandra was off to discover next.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    If someone had told me couple of years ago that Assassin’s Creed would become a full-fledged action RPG that would not look out of place on a shelf next to The Witcher 3, I would have snickered. But here I am, over 80 hours into Odyssey and still unable to believe that really happened. [12/2018, p.44]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Nov 9, 2018
    It also commits a few of the same sins: in particular, the deluge of gar drops feels vaguely insulting, conditioning the player to lust after items exclusive to the in-game store. It's lifted, however, by the relative wit and intelligence of its quest design, and the delicate notes of uncertainty and curiosity introduced by Exploration mode. [Christmas 2018, p.108]