6.0

1. Oct 5, 2018
    Nah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like theNah, not a fan of the new formula. Side activities and challenges from AC1 - AC Syndicate were replaced with side quests in Origins and Odyssey, problem is most of them are boring, dull and unfun. In Origins whenever I saw another side quest mark on the map I just sprinted past it. Here it's the same. Call me old-fashioned but I actually preferred the old AC formula and I did like the modern meta story, it made the series unique and mysterious. I understand Ubi wanted to try something different (many people were actually pestering them about that) but I think it's time for a return to roots. Expand
  2. Oct 5, 2018
    The identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to beThe identity of Assassins Creed is lost in this game. Combat is the clunkiest of any AC game I have played. Voice acting and dialogue is good, and the story is worthy of prior AC titles. The combat really holds this game back. interface is terrible, movement is disjointed and awkward, and I feel that the characters should just stay in the bushes and watch the war. Worst AC title to be released, and that is painful to say after being a dedicated AC player since the beginning. Graphic and art is amazing, except for the fact that the same art appears in multiple temples. Trust me, there is more Greek art out there. Expand
  3. Oct 9, 2018
    Guys, the most important thing you need to know about this game - this is not Assassin's Creed. Are you kidding, Ubisoft? I'll start with the good points. Great music. The world of ancient Greece is beautifully recreated.

Now back to business. If I had not been told the name of the game, I would not have guessed that this is an assassin's creed. Where is a cloak and hood? Are we an assassin or some nameless warrior? Many canonical attributes have been removed from the game.

Previously, you could kill any enemy. Now, if the difference is 2-3 levels, then the battle turns into dull rifts. Now you need to farm, farm, farm to get a level and a new weapon. Bravo! And if you are too lazy, then you can buy in-game items for real money. Can you smell it? It smells like free-2-play game for 60$.
  4. Oct 2, 2018
    It's an OK game but it doesn't really feel like assassin's creed. I mean yes Origin's mechanics are still there but i just can't feel like i'm playing a game from the serie that i've been playing for years. It's more like a spin off game. It's definitely not bad but not really assassin's creed either.
  5. Oct 2, 2018
    It's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions thatIt's a shame to say the least the voice acting is bad , animation feels clunky not fluid and lags are seen aswell the story somewhat is lackluster , graphics is pretty much the only strong point of the game that too there are some weird textures but barring some stuff the graphics is pretty good , there are tons of customisation options , although not to forget the Micro transactions that ubisoft has implemented in a SINGLE PLAYER game that is just a shame now in 2018 . Overall this mere attempt at a cash grab and could just a "reskin" of origins that was deemed profitable and was a good game but this doesn't gives a feeling of playing an AC game 5/10 Expand
  6. Jan 11, 2019
    Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a complicated game. It has many things about it that are great. It also has many common problems. This game may be one of my most complicated of all times. I have nearly 60 hours on this game and I can't decide if it is good or bad, so I go with mixed.

This is the first Assassin’s Creed game to be more RPG like, where you choose who you play as, what kind of gear they wear, and what choices they make (some greatly affect the game more than others). It has reduced present day (probably makes up around 35 minutes of screentime for the average player), supernatural and powerful items, clothing and weapons with different abilities and traits and a vast open world with tons of stuff to do. The final part is where the game shines, but also where it is at its most issues.

It starts out mostly good, where you get to choose your character after playing as the legendary Leonidas where you build up your character. Then after some hard choices and three hours of gameplay, you get your ship where you can explore anywhere that is around your level. Then you are sent to a few islands where you have to do a few side quests and more choices. Then go to another land with more side quests and a few story. Then more and more stuff etc. It gets kind of repetitive though still a little fun. Etc. etc. But in the later game, the repetitive stuff feels much less fun and like a total grind. Only when you reach a certain level, does you feel really powerful, like you can defeat all these guys and beat the game! You have three main Odysseys to complete that they put a lot of work into. But after beating all 3 of them, it doesn't feel totally satisfying as it should, but more rewarding than not.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has many strengths and weaknesses. The strengths revolve around its open world, great graphics, character design, etc. The weaknesses are the stuff in it that is just too much and makes the game much more long than it needs to be. The other biggest problem is Microtransactions, which just shouldn't be in any single-player game! Just too much stuff!! (which is funny since many games are too short, this game is too long). I had fun playing this but would prefer less grinding and to return to its roots.
  7. Apr 8, 2019
    As someone whose interest in AC had lapsed some years ago, I was dubious about playing Odyssey, but as a sucker for history, I was pulled in by the ancient Greece setting. Having now spent 100 hours playing the game, I can say that it has been a pleasant surprise and left me looking forward to seeing what future AC installments will offer.

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be

Odyssey is interesting in that it seems to be transitioning AC away from being a pure third person action game and into a more RPG focused style of game, with leveling, gearing, and skill progression systems to customise your gameplay experience. its is clear that Ubisoft have taken significant design cues from The Witcher 3 for many of Odyssey's gameplay and narrative elements, so if you enjoyed Witcher 3, Odyssey is likely to scratch the same itch, even if it is not of the same quality as TW3.

On the narrative side, the story is surprisingly engaging and kept me interested throughout the 80hrs I spent on the main campaign. While it is hardly revolutionary in terms of storytelling, it clearly shows that Ubisoft are trying new things by including dual protagonists, dialogue choices, and romance subplots. While it never manages to execute any of these things with the same level of skill as Bioware, CDPR, or Obsidian, it nonetheless shows that the devs are trying to evolve the series to increase player agency, which is a good thing, IMO.

From a value standpoint, AC: Odyssey is an excellent proposition with a lengthy (40+hrs) main campaign, and huge amounts of side content to do, including killing a series of mythical beasts of Greek legend, an arena gladiatorial contest, ship battles, a mercenary system vaguely reminiscent of the Nemesis system in Mordor, as well as other features that would be spoilers. If anything, there is almost too many systems in the game and it might have benefited from having fewer systems with more depth given to the best of those features. In any case, you will not lack for things to do at any stage.

My only real complaints are the technical performance, and the grind walls that you occasionally encounter during the campaign. I experienced frequent fps drops even on the Pro, and a persistent bug that causes the game to lock up for a few seconds every now and then, which may cause you to get killed if it happens in the middle of a battle. Its clear that Odyssey is a very demanding game that pushes even the enhanced consoles to their absolute limit, so i would be cautious about attempting to play it on the base consoles if you are at all sensitive to fps dips.

On the issue of grind walls, be aware that you may find yourself required at times to either stop the main campaign for a time and go and do side quests to level up, or to purchase the XP boost microtransaction item if you just want to play the main story. This will not be an issue if you are a completionist, but it may well annoy some players who want to focus on the main plot.

Overall, AC Odyssey is an extremely enjoyable and ambitious game that brims with content and looks and sounds stunning. While it falters here and there in certain design decisions, it is well worth your time if you are a fan of AC games, action RPGs, and/or open worlds, and you have 50-100 hours to spare.
  8. May 1, 2019
    Juego divertido de mundo abierto con cientos de misiones y actividades, la única pega es que quieren seguir sacándote dinero incluso después de pagar 30-60€.

El combate es muy divertido con la variedad de armas, habilidades, municiones, etc. Hay infinidad de armaduras y de categorías (epica, legendaria, etc.) Las misiones secundarias están muy bien, son interesantes y aunque suelen ser algo repetitivas, dado la cantidad que hay, existen muchas que tienen historias originales. La historia principal es interesante pero se desinfla a medida que avanza. El mapa es inmenso y los templos y localizaciones muy detallados.

En general es un gran juego pero buscan alargarlo artificialmente (sin necesitarlo ya que hay contenido de sobra) con barreras de nivel entre misiones consecutivas de la historia principal. Te obligan a farmear y a realizar misiones secundarias, que están muy bien pero si te ves forzado a ello no las disfrutas. El hecho de que existan consumibles, disponibles con dinero real, que eliminan estas barreras con bonus de experiencia es sospechoso cuanto menos.

A comentar también algo bastante relevante y es que los tiempos de carga en PS4 Pro son infinitos de hasta 2 o 3 minutos en algunos casos.

En conclusión es un juego muy recomendable, divertido y con un trabajo artístico tremendo pero que queda manchado por las decisiones de marketing y monetización.

Arte 9, Historia 7, Jugabilidad 8, Monetización 0
  9. Apr 28, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay, firstly: This is an overall okay game with a great world, environments and (except for jittering faces) pristine graphics. But it could've been a LOT better and after 60hrs of play I can't feel but left disappointed by the lazy writing.

Ubisoft, you wasted a lot of potential. You should have decided to either go full AC or keep that stuff out of a historical/mythical RPG. Either way, you would've earned a lot of money. It just doesn't mesh well.

Note: I personally didn't like the "typical" previous AC games but that's just preference.

Let me start off with the positive aspects:

. Like I said, the environment is really stunning. The architecture, towns, landscape. The water animation is the best I've seen in games.
    . The richness and vastness of the world
    . Barnabas, Sokrates, Brasidas, Herodotus and Phoibe and Kassandra are standing out as personalities above all and carry the game experience for me as far as characters go
    . Some of the side quests are actually really interesting, especially the Mykonos storyline!

Now...the negative aspects:

. Above all, the main storyline. You set out to find your family which is interesting enough at the start, but once you find your mother, it's all about Deimos/Alexios. And let me tell you - he is a horribly designed protagonist and incredibly stupid. He is a willing, brainless puppet for the Cult (only talking about being "their strongest champion") and your mother is only concerned about getting him back.
    In the good ending, you do, after he wants to kill you he quickly changes his mind once he sees your spear. W-T-F. Were the creative directors high when they wrote that? This ending actually felt so terrible, overly cheesy, unbelievable and wrong.

. The present day story breaks you out of the immersion at the worst timings, along with a heavily annoying and unlikeable character called Layla and her boring and stiff doctor friend. Ubisoft would've been better off making this a purely historical / mystical game a la Witcher and not lean it on AC. But I guess they didn't have the guts to deviate from their moneymaker.

Once you find your "real father" as Kassandra (never gets explained how he possibly could be your father since he seems to stay in that cave since he found it, plothole alert) and Atlantis, it goes steeply downhill from there...the writing literally couldn't be worse. I was so disappointed from what I've got after I brought the artifacts back.

. The grinding for resources and gold to upgrade your legendary gear constantly is reminding me of the grind of MMOs. I've been playing a lot of RPGs and MMOs as well and this is...just bad.

. The level gap in between main story quests or Cult members literally forces you to do level grinding on the side, and a lot of it. The worst part of this is that it gets super repetitive, not like in the Witcher where side quests were a joy to do - apart from that, the level gaps were not that bad and it felt really fluent in other games. Or you go buy their "micro" transactions (which are super expensive), and even I ended up getting a gold boost because I was getting so annoyed at the constant upgrading costs. I'm okay with micro transactions if a game is great, but the cost along with the grind of resources and level gaps were too much for me to cut Ubisoft some slack.

. The repetitive quests like clearing out forts, clearing bandit camps etc etc. You will get sick of it, believe me. It wouldn't have harmed to put mystical creatures earlier on in the game, since that was honestly the most fun and challenging part! (Sphinx & Co.)

. You could make choices, but it didn't really seem to have a big impact overall. There was no way of really shaping your surroundings. There was a lot of violence in game - yet all romances were pretty boring and censored. The one on Mykonos was great as a story, but after you left and came back it was like nothing happened.

So overall a 6.5, I just can't give in between ratings.
    This could've been an EPIC game with more effort; better writing and storytelling, more variety in combat/enemies, more characters that leave an impression (and a more likeable Layla if you want to keep her so bad), less of the present day nonsense - and cutting out a lot of the grinding and filler content. Shorter but sweeter is most of the time better.
  10. May 4, 2019
    Where to start... Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's world is both huge and stunning. As something of an Ancient Greece fanatic, exploring this particular universe was extremely rewarding. The vast character customisation, the plethora of NPCs and associated quests combined with the sheer satisfaction of hunting down members of the Cult of Kosmos meant I easily clocked over 100 hours on thisWhere to start... Assassin's Creed: Odyssey's world is both huge and stunning. As something of an Ancient Greece fanatic, exploring this particular universe was extremely rewarding. The vast character customisation, the plethora of NPCs and associated quests combined with the sheer satisfaction of hunting down members of the Cult of Kosmos meant I easily clocked over 100 hours on this game.

However... I found Odyssey to be one of the most frustrating games I've played and by the time I'd completed it, was totally dissatisfied and glad to put the disk back in the box.

Something I noticed almost immediately and which became ever-more apparent as the game progressed was that Odyssey is essentially Assassin's Creed: Origins with an Ancient Greece skin. Sure the combat has evolved and sure the naval aspect has added a new dimension to the game, yet, it really feels as though you're simply playing the same game twice. Origins was groundbreaking when it was released - it totally revamped the AC series - and I absolutely loved it, but this feeling was simply not replicated with Odyssey.

The map is massive and is full of places to explore but after you've visited a few regions, everywhere feels the same. Each region is full of the same mundane locations (camps, fortresses, tombs etc.) and monotonous tasks (fetch this/kill that) to the extent that there is simply no incentive to engage in the game as fully as the beauty of the world deserves. New quests such as the legendary animal fights, mercenaries and the conquest battles are rendered totally pointless as there is simply no need to engage with them - either the rewards are not worth your time or the outcome of the quest has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

In addition to the quests, I found the combat to be extremely repetitive and unengaging. Alexios/Kassandra were super weak, needing only to be hit a few times to die whilst most enemies took forever to kill! Only a few of the abilities are actually useful in open combat and as a result of this, every enemy (including bosses) felt the same and were defeated using the same strategy. All the weapons in their individual classes felt the same (daggers are pathetic, heavy weapons too slow) and the bows in particular were so underwhelming! In Origins, I would take out targets from distance and get one shot kills - shooting a target from distance in Odyssey merely grazes them, thereby alerting nearby enemies and ruining the stealth approach!

The endings to all three story 'chapters' were abysmal. The family story was utterly disappointing, the cult story ending was atrocious and I've no idea how the Atlantis story ends as you have to buy a f****** DLC!!! Such poor endings left a sour taste; a shame considering the amount of hours I put into the game.

A few other minor issues that bothered me:
    - Don't think the rolling animation after jumping/falling ever timed properly/looked smooth;
    - Horse animation was rubbish;
    - Didn't like how you couldn't hide from enemies like you could in earlier releases;
    - I hated how you couldn't see the Adrestia as you were upgrading it - to see what it looked like before/after;
    - The amount of times I entered photo mode during a fight... :@
    - Not being able to kick mercenaries off high levels;
    - After being killed in a mission, more often than not, you'd respawn miles away from where you started it - meaning you'd have to get all the way to the start point again for absolutely no reason!

Finally, a note on performance: this is the only game I've played on PS4 thus far that has crashed, and it did so around seven times during the course of my play-through.

Clearly, a lot of things annoyed me about this game, though this is not to say that I hated it. I loved Odyssey for the first few hours/regions and found the mythical creatures to be a highlight. But the monotony and lack of anything 'new' coupled with the utterly disappointing endings saw me desperate to finish the game, not out of intrigue but so I could be done with it, regrettably. A shame really.
  11. Oct 24, 2018
    Graphics - Good 8/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Level design - avesome 10/10
    Optimization - normal 7/10 ( I play ultra setings)
    Balance - 5/10 (I play nightmare)
    Storyline - 4/10
    Side quests - 3/10
    Microtransaction -99/10
  12. Nov 4, 2018
    This game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general theThis game is great - for the first 5 hours. Once you leave the starting island of Kephallonia, you're introduced to an open world that absolutely suffocates you with mindless content that you are forced to grind through to progress, including the biggest offender of fetch quest padding I've seen in an RPG. The narrative is completely obliterated by the pacing due to this and in general the lore approach to this game is extremely weird and none of it feels like Assassin's Creed at all. I recommend this game at a very low price, probably under $20 if you want to run around a really gorgeous world and engage with mindless, mediocre content. But it's safe to say this is a very disappointing game and I have no hopes of Assassin's Creed getting any better in the future. What a shame. Expand
  13. Nov 23, 2018
    My review score should actually be a 8 or a 6 depending on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for an Assassin's Creed Action Adventure game, I'll put it a 8 or even 8,5. I really like this installment. It is probably my favorite one and the one I played the most I believe. If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not

If you are looking for a RPG, I'll rate it a 6. Ubisoft has been selling it as a RPG but it does not deliver on this genre even though the game is definitely better than Origins. It is not enough to have (poor) dialogue choices and levels and XP to state you are a RPG. You do not feel that you are in control of your destiny. Your impact on the world is limited. You can win epic battles! But whether you win or loose these epic battles, it has no more impact than if you kill or not a wild boar in the wilderness... You just get loot. You can side with Athenians or Spartans but it does not matter. Nothing really matters...

I love the idea that AC would turn more into a RPG but then it needs to meet the RPG requirements not just pretend. And AC as a RPG is really far from the best games in this category. But as a typical AC game, action oriented, kudos to the team for delivering a fun and enjoyable game.
  14. Jan 9, 2019
    This game is not totally bad, but it's like a old shadow from a game sieries wich was good.
  15. Oct 22, 2018
    Good visuals, adequate combat system and a great representation of Ancient Greece. However, Ubisoft will never learn. While the main plot is decent this time around, the world is full of useless fetch quests and checklists(get this, kill that, clear that fortress etc) and the interesting side quests are very few. The map is too big for its own good. Not only it is filled with the sameGood visuals, adequate combat system and a great representation of Ancient Greece. However, Ubisoft will never learn. While the main plot is decent this time around, the world is full of useless fetch quests and checklists(get this, kill that, clear that fortress etc) and the interesting side quests are very few. The map is too big for its own good. Not only it is filled with the same repetitive activities, but there are reused assets everywhere. See that nice temple over there? Now every temple you'll see for the rest of the game will be the exact same temple. Odyssey clearly favors quantity over quality,

And now to the really bad stuff - grinding and level scaling. Want to follow the main story? You can't because if you are one level below the required level(and believe me you'll be far below the required level if you didn't do any fetch quests) you have no hope to beat the mission because the level scaling is crap, the enemies are health sponges and they can kill you in 1-2 hits even if the level difference is 1-2 levels. The more you level up, the more difficult leveling up gets. If you wanna beat the main story, you gotta GRIND the endless fetch quests, no way around it. If you are one of those guys that likes to spend 100 hours on doing everything even if it's pointless and repetitive, then good for you man, you're gonna enjoy the endless grind. For the rest of us, thanks but no thanks. Let's move on to the microtransactions, shall we?

Microtransactions. The bane of modern gaming. You'll reach a point in Odyssey after 15-20 hours that you realize leveling up takes too much effort, and then, you'll remember that nice EXP booster you saw in the store "50% more exp permanently for 10 bucks". What a freaking deal? amirite? Sure, you don't need to buy it. That's what every fanboy and Ubisoft tells us. And I gotta agree, you don't have to, you can spent dozens of hours doing repetitive tasks and quests instead, so you can finish the main story and be done with the game, while in the same time wondering why you even bought this game in the first place. Did Ubisoft designed the game a certain way making it a bit too grindy as to tempt the players to buy their xp/gold/item packs? or not? I don't know. You don't know. But I gotta ask the question. It doesn't take a genius to realize that maybe that is indeed the case here.

Concluding, I can't give Odyssey higher than a 6. I can't really recommend this game except to those Ancient Greece enthusiasts, because this may be the best visual representation of Ancient Greece in any video game ever. Odyssey was fun the first 15-20 hours, then it got old fast and the grind basically killed the game for me. I believe that is the case for most people who wrote a negative review. I also hate microtransactions because they make me questioning the game design choices the devs made. Was it on purpose designed this way? or coincidence? I can't stop wondering. Anyway, in a 60 dollar game, these practices have no place.
  16. Nov 23, 2018
    It is a good game, and polishes upon what it did in Origins, if this was released when AC4 was released I would give it a 9 or 10, but the series just feels like they are beating a dead horse by now. After completing it I never felt I got a "real" ending. Stories wrap up, but not in ways previous AC games have done. They should just finish the series and do something new with the engine.It is a good game, and polishes upon what it did in Origins, if this was released when AC4 was released I would give it a 9 or 10, but the series just feels like they are beating a dead horse by now. After completing it I never felt I got a "real" ending. Stories wrap up, but not in ways previous AC games have done. They should just finish the series and do something new with the engine.

The side stuff is rather solid, not as tedious as MMORPG stuff, but still a bit repetitive, they do have good introductions. There are more MMORPGish quests you pick up from bulletin boards though, but I managed to max level without doing a lot of these. There are some fun things to do like the mercenary stuff, good semi challenging fights. Some side quests have good storylines, and there are some good "boss" fights in a hunter and another legendary boss type challenge. I platinumed the game.
  17. Feb 18, 2019
    So my history with Assassin's Creed is I've played AC1, AC2, and Black Flag all of which I enjoyed especially Black Flag. I played origins but never really got into the combat or the story and ended up trading it in. When I heard about Odyssey, I was interested due to the setting, but was also unsure If I would enjoy the game due to the combat being similar to Origins. Personally I wasSo my history with Assassin's Creed is I've played AC1, AC2, and Black Flag all of which I enjoyed especially Black Flag. I played origins but never really got into the combat or the story and ended up trading it in. When I heard about Odyssey, I was interested due to the setting, but was also unsure If I would enjoy the game due to the combat being similar to Origins. Personally I was always a fan of the old combat system in the previous games. Unfortunately I was right, and I didn't enjoy the combat through my 300+ hours. I did finish the game and get the platinum trophy but I think that was more the completionist in me than my enjoyment in the game. I'm still not a fan of the combat, it just doesn't feel right to me, the story is alright, nothing really got me on the edge of my seat and there aren't any memorable moments. The only reason I think I did enjoy some of the story is because I'm a big fan of the era, otherwise the story would probably just bore me. The rpg elements are cool and a good turning point for the series but since none of the choices you make have much impact it all feels pointless. The world is huge but never felt lived in or interesting and unfortunately your not an assassin so no hidden blade. I think the game is in that middle ground, it's not bad but it's not great. I've finished the main story and there's nothing I can really say apart from it was alright to my friends. Expand
  18. Nov 27, 2018
    I think it's above average, it's fine maybe good at some times but it has a lot of flaws,

+ Positive things are the graphics some of the story and the stealth options. Graphics have never been better it's among few games of it's type to rival and in some cases out WOW you compared to the Witcher 3 . Story has it's good moments and the stealth options are more versatile compared to AC

+ Positive things are the graphics some of the story and the stealth options.

Graphics have never been better it's among few games of it's type to rival and in some cases out WOW you compared to the Witcher 3 . Story has it's good moments and the stealth options are more versatile compared to AC Origins, But there are a lot of negatives here.

First things you should do if you don't own the top of the line PC is to tone down the Cloud crap as you can't actually see it and even when it's not visible it makes heavy impact on performance, noticeable are poping of objects in scene bcs of some bad LODs and tessellation on some of textures (rocks on stair like vineyards). On ultra btw. Other bad thing here is that AA makes amazing textures blurry and you only have one AA mode.
    As for the story it's way to dragged out by the size of the world , bigger is not better especially when quests and gameplay are so repetitive.
    As for stealth option in it's RPG tree is the weakest of all as your F (assassinate) wont have the dmg to kill most of the things when you go deeper in the game. But detection range and the skills that help work around that are solid thou the last one should just buff the assassinate dmg not only at dark but in general as you need that if you want to play that path. Thou assassins did not exist at that time but you still do dmg with an artifact that should feel powerful in it's own!

Game has issues with grind if you dont keep your bounty between 2-3 and do some side quests you wont be able to progress in the story ! I had no issue like that as i did a lot of them early before i got sick of them.
    Conversation option should not be in the game as it's game about history seams like they tried to pull to much from the Witcher I would be happier with more cut scenes then following the NPC to have one or two meaningless responses.

As for mercenary and naval i know that many say that was fun for them it was not for me they did not offer anything meaningful as a reward.

Another BS is that you have to hunt and gather like insane to upgrade your Legendary gear or it will become obsolete, and ''path'' to assassin dmg buffer one and archery are locked behind lv wall.

All in all solid but lacks a lot IMO smaller world of origins was better and more enjoyable this is a second entry into same style of gameplay they should have made better improvements and not add more unfinished options from other games that made those games great, current score that I see 5.1 is cutting it close to what this game is just above average.
  19. Feb 28, 2019
    Un juego que repite el mismo esquema de principio a fin, sin variación ni evolución alguna. todo el rato es lo mismo. Más del 50% del tiempo de juego es tener al jugador corriendo de un lado a otro para completar las distintas misiones.
  20. Nov 24, 2018
    there is amazing potential in this game. story is nice combat is nice, graphics are very good.

i dont like enemy and weapons levelling up with you, makes it feel like everything you do doesnt really matters. it gets repetetive after a while, why should i invest time in the progression of my character if lv10 feels exactly like lv 50?
  21. Mar 4, 2019
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey the most contradictory game of a series. After Origins from Odyssey at all you wait for nothing new except a setting. Role system forgery. Graphics does not impress any more. The main plot the minimum, minor quests (which in Origins were the best part) became faceless, but them about one hundred now. Finally Odyssey is a second-grade game which wants to seem theAssassin's Creed Odyssey the most contradictory game of a series. After Origins from Odyssey at all you wait for nothing new except a setting. Role system forgery. Graphics does not impress any more. The main plot the minimum, minor quests (which in Origins were the best part) became faceless, but them about one hundred now. Finally Odyssey is a second-grade game which wants to seem the first RPG game in a series, but upon an empty game with the huge card. If to reduce the card by 4 times especially nothing would change. As usual the strength of a game - decorating. All the rest is executed at the average level here. Expand
  22. Mar 4, 2019
    De antemão digo que esse foi o primeiro Assassin que joguei. Muito bom o jogo, cheio de coisas para se fazer, gráficos bonitos... Porém, a cada atualização do game o jogo trava mais.. mais crash e mais tilt.. fora do normal (jogo num ps4 normal)... As missões são muito repetitivas, algumas são longas e entediantes. Por trabalhar com a Grécia mitológica tem pouquíssimos seres mitológicos.De antemão digo que esse foi o primeiro Assassin que joguei. Muito bom o jogo, cheio de coisas para se fazer, gráficos bonitos... Porém, a cada atualização do game o jogo trava mais.. mais crash e mais tilt.. fora do normal (jogo num ps4 normal)... As missões são muito repetitivas, algumas são longas e entediantes. Por trabalhar com a Grécia mitológica tem pouquíssimos seres mitológicos.
  23. Nov 25, 2018
    A fun experience that wanes a bit too quickly. The world is lovingly crafted, but the story/questing is jarring and lazy sometimes, and the levelling/progression mechanics are somewhat mediocre. This would be a good one to grab on sale.
  24. Jan 6, 2019
    At first, the game will amaze you with the visual fidelity of everything. The detail is incredible, even the vast world doesn’t lose its beauty, this is a game that if you have a 4K tv with HDR you should at least rent it to see what the visuals can be. With that being said, it is visually appealing but there are issues that will make this game, not for everyone.

The graphics are one

The graphics are one thing but another thing I felt a bit overwhelming was the sheer size of everything. Don’t get me wrong, having a vast open world is nice but here it just felt too big. There is too much to do and while some might consider that a plus, the issue is that the quests that you’re given just don’t feel that different enough. At first, it’s not too bad. It’s simple enough but after about 25 or so hours, it gets really repetitive with the same tasks, the main story missions end up feeling very similar and while there are a few good distractions and some of the side quests, while similar to the main story in term of how they’re put together and the tasks they do but some of them were entertaining.

The gameplay is fun but it gets old, due to the copy and paste nature of the missions. Pretty much it comes down to either, raiding a base, engaging in a skirmish or killing certain targets. There is some flexibility with how things are done and while I get it, it is an Assassin’s Creed game it just felt like there just wasn’t enough variety. The Witcher 3 this is not.

On PS4 pro it played fine, about 30 FPS without any major hiccups that I could see. Looks great in HDR and is truly a game worth getting if you love pretty graphics. On the other hand, there is a bit of loading when you first start the game. Nothing too bad. Less then a minute I think. After that, the game loads pretty briskly, there is brief loading when you talk to an NPC but it’s not a deal breaker at all. Sometimes the game glitches out. Textures won’t load sometimes and there is a bit of pop in. Sometimes the NPC’s you’re supposed to follow just don’t do what they’re supposed to do. That just requires a quick restart of the game. Annoying but not a huge problem.

The main issue is the pacing. The game is just too long for its own good. Realistically, it should’ve ended at the 20-hour mark and then keep it going with side content. The plot just drags on. It starts off fine enough, it’s interesting and until you get to about 20-25 hours in and then it just seems to drag its feet. Don’t get me wrong, it is an interesting story, but the pacing killed it. Throw that in with a lack of variety in the story and you pretty much see everything that there is by about 20 hours in. Another problem is it’s grind heavy. Even with the exp booster microtransaction and playing on Easy mode it becomes a grind fest. To grind the best way is to do side quests but they just become so boring and monotonous you probably won’t want to.

Due to the pacing issues with the main story and the grind-heavy nature of it and that you almost need to purchase a microtransaction just to have an edge in the grinding and even THEN it becomes very grind heavy and too repetitive I couldn’t bring myself to finish it. These things could easily be fixed in an update but right now? I don’t really recommend it. It could’ve been amazing but with some tweaks to the story’s structure, make grinding less of a chore and having more variety, it could’ve easily been one of the best historical RPG’s in recent years.

Is it horrible? No, and it does have an audience. If you tend to like your games to be a bit more structured and like your narratives to not drag on though, it’s not for you.

If you’re the type that only likes to buy a few games a year and wants a game that will last you and don’t mind repetitive missions and content, give it a go. It’ll probably be what you like.

Other than that, I personally didn’t like how much it dragged on, especially after the 20-hour mark.
  25. Nov 21, 2018
    I have to admit, I wasn't exactly blown away by Origins, despite overall enjoying the new direction the series started heading. But I had high hopes for Odyssey because it's for me more relatable setting. It seemed to have all the right ingredients, but the game just didn't click with me. It looks nice, controls are not the best in the series but manageable, but the story just didn't workI have to admit, I wasn't exactly blown away by Origins, despite overall enjoying the new direction the series started heading. But I had high hopes for Odyssey because it's for me more relatable setting. It seemed to have all the right ingredients, but the game just didn't click with me. It looks nice, controls are not the best in the series but manageable, but the story just didn't work with me, the characters were boring, plot uninspiring and to be hones, I couldn't even force myself to finish it. The bland locations, where you go only because it is marker on the map with possible loot and xp which you need both to grind in between story parts to be able to keep up with escalating level of enemies, was just dull and incredible boring. I honestly couldn't squeeze an ounce of joy out of it.
    I might come to it back during Christmas and give it one more try, but after the 40 hours, the game didn't show me anything worth remembering and I have a feeling that after a year or two, I won't recall much more than it was in ancient Greece. And that's coming from a person who's gone through all previous instalments with platinum trophy.
  26. Feb 3, 2019
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  27. Dec 31, 2018
    I love the Assassin's Creed series. Aside from rogue, I've played them all. Although some aspects were frustrating, the story and lore outweighed the wonky controls... Until Odyssey. I'm probably 10 hours in, and my God. What have they done? This game is a CHORE to play. From the idiocy of being able to climb ANYTHING to the somehow being able to kill sharks in the deep with a bow, to theI love the Assassin's Creed series. Aside from rogue, I've played them all. Although some aspects were frustrating, the story and lore outweighed the wonky controls... Until Odyssey. I'm probably 10 hours in, and my God. What have they done? This game is a CHORE to play. From the idiocy of being able to climb ANYTHING to the somehow being able to kill sharks in the deep with a bow, to the control system that feels very close to a button masher, this one is terrible. Then there's the bugs. I play on a ps4 pro. I should not see severe game stuttering. I should not see 30 second load times. The world shouldn't have to rebuild after using Ikaros. I should not have to reboot the game because I can't use the torch anyone for some reason. I don't know what happened, the whole thing feels rushed. I love the graphics, the story, and the way mythology is intertwined. Maybe enough to get through this one. Maybe I'll go back to wishing for more of the game I just put down. 5/10. Expand
  28. Jan 14, 2019
    This is unpolished Origins with bad combat.And the mercenary system is hilarious.In Origins dangerous foes called phylakes could be randomly run into or they would be called when fort alarm is activated and they die when they die.In Odyssey they endlessly respawn and will hunt you down when you are on a toilet on the moon.Cuz they know where you are!!!
  29. Mar 7, 2019
    As a fan of Assassin's Creed, being someone who has played every AC game (but origins), and after spending 100+ hours on this game, I can totally say: DO NOT BUY IT. I'ts terrible, an absolute piece of sh*t. Don't waste your money on Ubisoft anymore because they are laughing at us.
  30. Oct 14, 2018
    It's Origins in looks but that is literally it. The game is gorgeous, but that is it. It's broken like Unity, combat is super boring and sloppy. This game isn't AC, Ubisoft wanted a new IP, but has invested waaaaaaaaaay too much time into this series to do that, so they called it Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's a messy choose your own adventure game that has almost nothing to do with theIt's Origins in looks but that is literally it. The game is gorgeous, but that is it. It's broken like Unity, combat is super boring and sloppy. This game isn't AC, Ubisoft wanted a new IP, but has invested waaaaaaaaaay too much time into this series to do that, so they called it Assassins Creed: Odyssey. It's a messy choose your own adventure game that has almost nothing to do with the series, it even predates Origins. I can't say enough about how it's like Ubisoft doesn't know what they want the game to be, but sold us this anyway. The micro transactions are cancer, like the XP boost that makes it to where you don't have to do every awful side mission. They knew it was so bad, they stuck that in there to get more money from us as it takes way too long to finish on it's own. Do not buy this game. Expand

1. Mar 4, 2019
    I cared more for these characters and the world than I ever did in previous Assassin’s Creed games, and I think that’s part of why this reboot is so successful. Playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey left me feeling valiant and triumphant as I worked my way up the cultist food chain, and and I was always excited to see what Kassandra was off to discover next.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    If someone had told me couple of years ago that Assassin’s Creed would become a full-fledged action RPG that would not look out of place on a shelf next to The Witcher 3, I would have snickered. But here I am, over 80 hours into Odyssey and still unable to believe that really happened. [12/2018, p.44]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Nov 9, 2018
    It also commits a few of the same sins: in particular, the deluge of gar drops feels vaguely insulting, conditioning the player to lust after items exclusive to the in-game store. It's lifted, however, by the relative wit and intelligence of its quest design, and the delicate notes of uncertainty and curiosity introduced by Exploration mode. [Christmas 2018, p.108]