8.3

1. May 30, 2019
    Unfortunately got to toss my hat in the negative here. After 60-90 minutes, I would return the game if I could. It is very on rails, and VR has moved beyond this... gaming is beyond this. Reaching out and pressing an elevator button or twisting a door knob is not a gameplay mechanic. It is a gimmick, and this game has a lot of them. Blood and Truth may have impressed as a launch titleUnfortunately got to toss my hat in the negative here. After 60-90 minutes, I would return the game if I could. It is very on rails, and VR has moved beyond this... gaming is beyond this. Reaching out and pressing an elevator button or twisting a door knob is not a gameplay mechanic. It is a gimmick, and this game has a lot of them. Blood and Truth may have impressed as a launch title (like London Heist), but years into VR this point and click approach feels dated. There’s a part where you walk in on a gangster you’re trying to apprehend, and someone tells you over the radio “we need him alive!” so I shoot the guy three times in the leg and then it says “mission failed: you killed jimmy.” No! I stopped him from running! Once the game reloaded, I could now see that they intended for this to be a long, on rails chase sequence. My solution was more logical than what the game had in mind. This doesn’t work in VR because they’re asking you to be stupid in first person. People make dumb decisions in horror movies, and it’s ok because they’re not us. When you have to be the one in the game doing the thing you wouldn’t normally do, it creates an uncanny valley that’s alienating.

With that venom spewed, I will still compliment the developers on making a game that seems competent and successful at what it sets out to do. They went all in on this concept and it feels very polished. If you are interested in a VR time crisis, light gun shooter , with a lot more interaction, this is an epic version of that. I will finish the game, and if my opinion improves I will update this review. But I wanted to get this out here for anyone on the fence so you can see it’s not the 10/10 VR defining experience some reviews make it out to be.
  2. May 31, 2019
    +Great playable action sequences
    +Excellent soundtrack
    +Cast deliver great performances -Some glitches/crashes -Some longer cutscenes break the flow If you enjoyed playing through the VR worlds london heist and wished it could be longer then then you will definitely enjoy Blood & Truth. Making improvements on the gameplay systems established in the london heist, B&T tightens the
    +Great playable action sequences
    +Excellent soundtrack
    +Cast deliver great performances
    -Some glitches/crashes
    -Some longer cutscenes break the flow

If you enjoyed playing through the VR worlds london heist and wished it could be longer then then you will definitely enjoy Blood & Truth. Making improvements on the gameplay systems established in the london heist, B&T tightens the experience making great improvements. B&T is an incredibly fun 'on rails' shooting experience harking back to the days of virtua cop, time crisis, house of the dead and mixes it with well produced cut scenes in 'lock stock and two smoking barrels' flavour. Its a short experience 5 hours or so, but a memorable one.

However it is not the perfect experience some reviews would have you believe (usual PSVR + move controller tracking issues aside), I encountered 3 game breaking crashes on the latest update and the physics glitch around on occasion (mostly when throwing the many interactive objects you find lying around). As an 'on rails' game I can see that the teleport system is integral to the gameplay but I felt using this took me out of the immersion of the story. If you can forgive these minor flaws and accept the arcade nature of what is here Blood & Truth really is an incredible experience. Cannot wait to see what these guys can do with PS5 hardware!
  3. May 31, 2019
    First and foremost, this game is in desperate need of a patch. There’s quite a bit that’s kind of off. The positioning of your load out floats around you, objects sink into tables when you put them down, throwing things works 2/3rds of the time.(Not good when grenades fall to your feet.)The crosshairs sometimes can’t be seen depending on the color of what you’re aiming at. I’m disappointedFirst and foremost, this game is in desperate need of a patch. There’s quite a bit that’s kind of off. The positioning of your load out floats around you, objects sink into tables when you put them down, throwing things works 2/3rds of the time.(Not good when grenades fall to your feet.)The crosshairs sometimes can’t be seen depending on the color of what you’re aiming at. I’m disappointed in my purchase. Yet another game I bought that I’ll wait to finish until it actually gets ironed out and finished. A lot of the levels are just standing or sitting while watching cut scenes. I’m astounded how many people have said this is the best PSVR game. RE7 still holds that crown, although the facial animations are really good. Without getting ironed out with a patch or two it’s worth playing but, I’d say, $40 is still a hard sell. Expand
  4. Jun 1, 2019
    Some action sequences are fun. I did not see a feature that makes it very special outside of him unfortunately.
  5. Jun 24, 2019
    Read CalvinCracks review, because he is really spot on. People who think this is the pinnacle og VR gaming have most probably not tried an aimcontroller and a game like Farpoint. This game would have been a blast - 5 Years ago. The on rail gameplay just dont work for me. And the constant changing between standing and crouching makes neither position ideal. Go buy an aim controller
  6. Jun 20, 2019
    Overall it is a good game but I am writing this review out of desperation. The fights in buildings are easy. I rarely die more than once or twice. And then you have the fights in cars. And there i die 20 times in a row... unable to finish them. Starting over and over again, not even understanding sometimes why I die! Are Sony doing any playtesting? How can you have such a **** balancing.

1. Jul 8, 2019
    Inspired by the short London Heist game, Blood & Truth delivers a full experience, packed with action, gadgets and amazing graphics for a PSVR title. Just don't forget you are still in your room, as the immersion it brings could deliver a few broken things in your gaming environment. You have been warned.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jun 27, 2019
    It’s not perfect but Blood & Truth is one of the more complete experiences for PS VR. Some control issues are eclipsed by high production values and a playful use of PS VR’s capabilities. [Issue#164, p.86]
  3. Jun 27, 2019
    In my opinion, there are only a handful of games that can be categorised as a system seller for Sony’s headset; something that would make it worthwhile laying down the cost of VR. Games like Beat Saber and Astro Bot have proven themselves at making VR work in its own right, and now you can add Blood & Truth to that list. And if you already own a PSVR you would be doing yourself a disservice by not going out and picking this game up.