4.0

1. Oct 12, 2018
    The removal of a single-player campaign is indicative of a company that follows the money (and the trends). The Battle Royale mode does not offer the same level of risk/reward that PUBG does. In fact, the devs of PUBG took lengths to create a balanced game by removing "luck-based" items from normal gameplay. More often than not in BLOPS4, the winner of a Royale game comes down to "is theirThe removal of a single-player campaign is indicative of a company that follows the money (and the trends). The Battle Royale mode does not offer the same level of risk/reward that PUBG does. In fact, the devs of PUBG took lengths to create a balanced game by removing "luck-based" items from normal gameplay. More often than not in BLOPS4, the winner of a Royale game comes down to "is their armor better than yours" I even recorded a gameclip of someone coming up a ladder in level 3 armor, me draining every round from my LMG into them, still shooting them as they got up to my level, and then they turn around and kill me in a few hits (apparently no lag detected). The lack of tactical options (ie not being able to switch firing modes, no leaning, etc) also makes this a subpar Royale offering. The attachments were also underwhelming except for what level of zoom you were using for a scope. The entire experience obviously feels more like COD than a Royale game. However, it does offer a much more enjoyable Royale experience for someone who wants to play a few games by themselves.

On an Xbox One X with a new 55" 4K TV and HDR, the graphics were underwhelming and not much has changed. Even with the caveat that the graphics need to support 80 players in Royale, I just wasn't impressed. COD4 blew my mind, BLOPS4 just blows.

Ultimately, the price does not justify the content and the flashy new Royale doesn't have the staying power or the draw to keep me coming back time after time.
  2. Oct 12, 2018
    Ever notice why Infinity Ward games had a better Supply Drop system? Ever notice why World War II had a fair contract system? Because these developers decided not to be greedy corporate leeches like Treyarch did. Treyarch are no better than Activision and people supporting this game are also supporting gambling, ripping off consumers, brainwashing kids into wasting money and half madeEver notice why Infinity Ward games had a better Supply Drop system? Ever notice why World War II had a fair contract system? Because these developers decided not to be greedy corporate leeches like Treyarch did. Treyarch are no better than Activision and people supporting this game are also supporting gambling, ripping off consumers, brainwashing kids into wasting money and half made games to get that extra dollar. EA has crumbled through their fans taking a stand and not buying Star Wars and Battlefield 5. Treyarch fans should take a note out of EAs book. Take off the nostalgia goggles and see that all you are buying is Black Ops III that is

(1) Ripping off other trends to stay relevant (e.g. Fortnite, Overwatch, PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege)
    (2) Gradually reducing original content (a whopping 7 remakes this game including Season Pass content)
    (3) Still using an outdated Season Pass model whereas other developers have dropped this unethical trend
    (4) Pushing loot boxes onto a $100 game for multiple modes
    (5) Taking a mode which Fortnite did for free and charging for it
    (6) A 55gb day one patch for yet again server drops
    (7) Clear cut evidence of no money being invested into a better engine. Graphics look worse than Black Ops III (slow rendering, dull colours, poor textures), game mechanics are worse than Black Ops III (lag, bad hit detection) and so called skill based match making is shocking (joining already half finished games and being paired with the 5 worst players against the 6 best)

I don't know how people support this money soaking trash. Treyarch has been ripping you off since Black Ops II when they put a weapon in the Season Pass. Then it turned to gambling supply drops with no odds shown for getting a weapon. Now it's taking free game modes and charging them whilst shoving Black Ops II and III tactics in your face as well. Black Ops V will force you to pay to play on the Call of Duty servers if the sheep continue to devote to this mediocre company
  3. Oct 12, 2018
    COD BO has always has the best COD campaigns. Sigh. Oh well I guess 12 year olds have a lot more time/disposable (parents) income to spend on the microtransactions/ and "we'll only show you this if you spend...". A frenetic failure, imo. Wait for Battlefield.
  4. Oct 12, 2018
    No campaign, garbage and a waste of my time. That alone to show how lazy the developers are to actually take out a story campaign peace, which is the backbone of any of these games. Then the price after that not being a part of the package....lost me as fan and a player for good.
  5. Oct 12, 2018
    Why are people who praise this game taking shots at people who dislike the game? It's blatantly obvious you are being ripped off by investing over $100 into an unfinished product. Fans have a right to be mad about the omission of the campaign and still be charged full price. Blackout does not validate the price tag since Fortnite has a Battle Royale mode for free.

The specialist

The specialist missions are short, boring and serve no purpose other than being a tutorial on how to press 'L1 + R1' for your luck based ability that requires no skill to use. Multiplayer has only 10 new but mediocre MP maps. Making remakes is a lazy excuse to fill up a diminishing roster of garbage maps.

Blackout itself is a solid mode but not worth the hefty price tag. I personally like vehicles and realistic gameplay over building. However, it is not worth a single dollar if another BR game is free.

To Blundell and the Zombies team, bravo! You nailed Zombies again and are the only reason this dead beat franchise is even afloat. At least your remakes are genuine and have new storylines and content to the maps instead of being a straight up cut and paste like Multiplayer. The revamped perks system is a fresh perspective and the new cast are fantastic to play as. I like the historical approach to the new maps and the variety of Zombie villains. Zombies alone gets this game to a 1/10

The schemes of lootboxes, overpriced games, season passes and lack of content at launch is a Treyarch special. It's time to stop them and their paid reviewers from encouraging dirty tactics. You don't see Kratos opening loot boxes to find his latest axe. Treyarch and Activision love rigging their little game of monopoly. They would sell Whitechapel Road without the add on Hotel for the price of Mayfair. Wake up and stop falling for their lies and schemes
  6. Oct 12, 2018
    This game is a big "screw you" to all the older fans of the game. I've been playing Call of Duty since MW1, and have not liked the direction this franchise has been heading since Ghosts. I had a lot of hope for BO4, but the removal of campaign mode for battle royale clearly shows who they're catering too. They only care about the 10 year olds, and not about us veteran players. I'll beThis game is a big "screw you" to all the older fans of the game. I've been playing Call of Duty since MW1, and have not liked the direction this franchise has been heading since Ghosts. I had a lot of hope for BO4, but the removal of campaign mode for battle royale clearly shows who they're catering too. They only care about the 10 year olds, and not about us veteran players. I'll be moving on from CoD now. Thanks for the fun years in the past, but those years have been long gone for me. Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2018
    Strikes me as being an absolute load of over-hyped rubbish during first hours play. What's the massive load wait for Battle Royale? Multiplayer still not loaded after 2 hours despite cable connection.

Then when you get in a rehash of all the old maps.
    Someone's being conned here folks.

POOR with a capital P!
  8. Oct 12, 2018
    Horrible. Same old cod. Same multiplayer and zombies as usual nothing new except a Battle Royale mode. Don’t buy!
  9. Oct 12, 2018
    Before you drop $60 on this game. Pick up fortnite, for the cost of an xbox one or ps4 monthly subscription, usually around 10 bucks. Why I just spent $60 on a game that is multiplayer only is beyond me. I will be returning this hot garbage, cash grab, today not even 12 hours after my purchase, and NEVER purchase a game from the call of duty series ever again or Activision for that matterBefore you drop $60 on this game. Pick up fortnite, for the cost of an xbox one or ps4 monthly subscription, usually around 10 bucks. Why I just spent $60 on a game that is multiplayer only is beyond me. I will be returning this hot garbage, cash grab, today not even 12 hours after my purchase, and NEVER purchase a game from the call of duty series ever again or Activision for that matter either. This will only stop when we stop buying their garbage. $60 dollars for battle royale,!!!!! Sure its polished, but so are my shoes..... If that is their defense for ripping us off and your buying it, you are the problem..and yes I realize I purchased it and am part of the problem, this is the LAST time I fall for these "polished" excuses for why a game does not have a single player component. Where is the story? The lore? What happened to story telling? Ehhh Im wasting my breath.... Expand
  10. Oct 12, 2018
    It's too expensive for what it offers. Between the zombies and multiplayer combined it feels much less than previous Treyarch titles. There's no campaign, and Blackout will get boring quick unless they add new modes to it. Without a campaign and achievement hunting, it takes away dozens of hours of quality gameplay where you can sit back relax and enjoy yourself.

God knows how much

God knows how much you're going to have to spend to get DLC items for this game. This game should be $29.99 or at most $39.99.
  11. Oct 12, 2018
    I wouldnt pay£9.99 for this crap. First of all no campagin. Second of all its a f2p game sold for £59.99. Is this some sort of a joke?
  12. Feb 15, 2019
    There is no campaign mode. Is this some kind of joke? This should not be accepted in the gaming community. Paying $60 for an online game with no offline gameplay is ridiculous. Don't let this become a thing.
  13. Oct 12, 2018
    So boring. I do not know how this game is different from other games in the series.
  14. Oct 12, 2018
    This game is stripped of everything.
    No Campaign
    No achievement/trophy hunting
    Bare bones menu system
    Lack of customizable options
    All maps are upscale models of old Black ops Games
    This feels like Black Ops 3.5 this easily could have been a season pass for BO3 not a full retail game.

BTW on Xbox 360 and PS3 when they released a multiplayer only COD it was $39.99 not full price
  15. Oct 12, 2018
    The last Call of Duty games I really got in to were WaW and MW3. I thought this title would be a good one to get back into the swing of things with. Wow, Call of Duty has really fallen. I won't really get into the season pass and loot box garbage that almost deterred me from buying in the first place (how are these still things in the gaming industry, especially on a triple-A title?).The last Call of Duty games I really got in to were WaW and MW3. I thought this title would be a good one to get back into the swing of things with. Wow, Call of Duty has really fallen. I won't really get into the season pass and loot box garbage that almost deterred me from buying in the first place (how are these still things in the gaming industry, especially on a triple-A title?).

The graphics on PC might have been good six years ago. Even with everything maxed out and still running at 60+ FPS, it looks pretty bad.

Regular multiplayer plays like a generic FPS, nothing really exciting about it.

Blackout is really disappointing, it feels like a poorly executed PUBG clone. I got second place my first match, and for the final one-vs-one we were both in the open strafing and shooting at each other. Again, nothing really exciting about it.

I can't say much about Zombies mode, my play time was limited in it. What happened to the original Nazi Zombies from WaW? This feels convoluted. I do see other people really enjoying it, so it's probably just me on this one.

I would comment on the campaign but there isn't one.

If this title was $29.99 I would feel slightly disappointed. I feel really sorry for anyone who bought the $99.99 and above editions. I probably won't buy any Call of Duty title again.
  16. Oct 12, 2018
    So overrated. Why so much hype? For the desync or lag? Or the floaty feel of it? Are these reviewers and twitch streamers paid to play this trash?
  17. Oct 12, 2018
    This game is incredibly boring and pedestrian compared to Black Ops 3. They think this is what people want, but 3 years down the road it will not have the community that BO3 has. In BO3 you could actually USE the map. You could customize loadouts for meaningful gameplay variety. In this game everything blends together and the maps are Swiss cheese. Very disappointed.
  18. Oct 13, 2018
    The content does not justify the price tag. Especially since they cut the campaign mode. You can get similar amount of content in some free to play first person shooters. I'm not saying it should be free, but it definitely should not be the price it is. But don't blame them since they knew sheep would buy it regardless of what they added in to them, or didn't add.
  19. Oct 12, 2018
    For what you are charged, this game is not worth the purchase whatsoever. No campaign which should already drop the price of this game by $20. The specialist missions don't make a good substitute as they are too brief and explore characters that made Black Ops 3 terrible as well as this game.

Only 10 new Multiplayer maps which look dull and uninspired; and they all have the same 3 lane design. Same hit detection, lag, server and playability issues. Rewarding bad play with participation trophies such as specialists. Bad gun design and sound effects. Cringe worthy quotes and emotes from forgettable characters.

Blackout is okay but after a few games you have done everything. This mode should be a free downloadable game and not have a price tag like it currently does. It will end up like PUBG and burn to the ground by next year due to its price and more than likely decline in quality like regular Call of Duty games

Zombies, great as usual. Really enjoy the variety of maps and new characters who are actually engaging to the player. 3 maps on launch is a treat and the new mechanics make the mode feel fresh and fun. Sadly one diamond in a pile of dirt does not make the dirt valuable as well.

Activision and Treyarch's revenue strategies are appalling and need to be reviewed by gaming regulators. Loot boxes (gambling) in Multiplayer, an expensive season pass with less content, liquid divnium, Blackout content and ridiculous base price for half of a Call of Duty game.

Treyarch could have been the saviour of Call of Duty but they are the cash grabbers who will exploit every person's wallet if they get the chance. If they cared they would have left Activision, they're in it for the money as well. I feel sorry for people like Jason Blundell who work so hard to make a fun game and it's ruined by the top corporates who seek to leak you of every dollar.

How this works is each category gets a score out of 2, add all and that's the score out of 10

Single Player: 0
    Multiplayer: 0
    Blackout: 1
    Zombies: 2
    Pricing/Content/Ethics: 0

Overall: A lazy and uninspired effort by Treyarch. Black Ops 3 without the jetpacks and ripping off more trends to keep a dying franchise relevant. First they ripped Titanfall and Halo, now its Overwatch and PUBG. If it was going to be a cut and paste game, charge it like one and not like its God of War or Spider-Man. Buy whatever you want, but if you want to see change to what you buy and be charged fairly for what you play, you need to stop buying these unfinished products. $200 for all map content + additional money for Micro DLC and a 55gb day one patch for servers to play up. Poor form Treyarch

20. Oct 12, 2018
    Zero, because for me there is no COD without a storyline company. Sorry.
    But it is so.
  21. Oct 24, 2018
    Complete rubbish, bad gunplay and connections AND it doesn't even have a campaign which wouldn't really matter is MP was ACTUALLY good....it's not. Bo3 was way better.
  22. Oct 12, 2018
    Black Ops 4 is no doubt the worst Call of Duty game I ever have played. How the hell can they remove campaign!? It's some of the reasons I buy a COD game. So far the zombies sucks and multiplayer is even worse. The Blackout mode is in other words a waste of time since players today are so tryhards. After buying this game, I highly recomend to stay away from it.
  23. Oct 12, 2018
    No singleplayer, no story, not my COD. 50$ for Battle Royal and Multi and people buy this.. pathetic. Paid reviews.
  24. Oct 12, 2018
    This game is beyond horrible, it doesn't even have a campaign. There are Specialist missions with story instead, which are poorly designed compared to the traditional campaigns. You can't even play those offline. The gun mechanics are trash. The gun sounds are a joke. The physics are horrible.

Blackout mode is just a cheap version of Battlefield. The developers promised the "best and most refined mechanics" in the trailer, yet the mechanics are terrible. You can't even destroy any buildings. This game mode lacks vehicle variety. There are no jet fighters, or any planes to be found. Zombie mode lacks innovation. The regular Multiplayer is boring and repetitive. The maps are about the same as the last game, with a fresh coat of paint.

The worst part of this game is that it requires a 50 GB patch to play. That makes the physical copy pointless. You can play multiplayer and Zombies with bots and splitscreen offline. But what's the point of having any of that if you need Internet to play? Not everyone has good internet, and it's pathetic how anti-consumer the developers are. The CODs before WWII didn't required internet. I don't recommend this game at all. Internet required games are a disgrace.
  25. Oct 12, 2018
    The absence of the company, this means that the developer decided to save on production. Multiplayer in fact is no different from the previous parts. Sounds, animations, graphics, physicist, shooting, everything stayed at a terrible level. This is not a full-fledged game that is like an amateur modification for bo2, for which they ask for money. Royal is just ridiculous. Make a game modeThe absence of the company, this means that the developer decided to save on production. Multiplayer in fact is no different from the previous parts. Sounds, animations, graphics, physicist, shooting, everything stayed at a terrible level. This is not a full-fledged game that is like an amateur modification for bo2, for which they ask for money. Royal is just ridiculous. Make a game mode that has become popular and show off them. Shame treyarch Expand
  26. Oct 12, 2018
    Wow!!! I didn’t think they were able to pull it off but black ops 4 proves that cod can still provide the action and gritty war game that fans want. Blackout is on a whole new level and great addition to the game multiplayer comes back and is still great, and the zombies is fun and challenging like we’ve never seen before. I can’t say this is the best cod game to come out recently but thatWow!!! I didn’t think they were able to pull it off but black ops 4 proves that cod can still provide the action and gritty war game that fans want. Blackout is on a whole new level and great addition to the game multiplayer comes back and is still great, and the zombies is fun and challenging like we’ve never seen before. I can’t say this is the best cod game to come out recently but that doesn’t mean anything to the fact that it is great!! Expand
  27. Oct 30, 2018
    MULTIPLAYER SPLIT SCREEN!! Treyarch again punishes the split screen players by shrinking the size of the play field, dumbing down the graphics, and still the game chugs and frame rate drops to unplayable levels. The wife and I enjoy playing Call of Duty, but Black Ops3 was unplayable split screen, IW she loves, I'm not so much a fan, WWII was terrible, and now Black Ops4 is unplayable.MULTIPLAYER SPLIT SCREEN!! Treyarch again punishes the split screen players by shrinking the size of the play field, dumbing down the graphics, and still the game chugs and frame rate drops to unplayable levels. The wife and I enjoy playing Call of Duty, but Black Ops3 was unplayable split screen, IW she loves, I'm not so much a fan, WWII was terrible, and now Black Ops4 is unplayable. The game lasted a week and was returned. There's not enough here, and because we are split screen players, we get punished. When we want our COD fix, we will either play AW or IW, which though I'm not a huge fan of IW, it's still way better than Black Ops4, and with all these games pretty much all being the same thing, there's really no reason to keep buying the new ones, we are done. Expand
  28. Nov 2, 2018
    I dont get it, why is this game not F2P? The gun play is cheap, there is no campaign, micro-transactions and the servers are really bad. Cant believe i dropped 60 dollars on this crap.
  29. Oct 30, 2018
    Absolute crap! I traded it in for a partial refund, 3 weeks after purchase.

I had been saying for months that I won't buy the new COD and waste my money, because I knew what it will be like... but I went ahead and brought it still anyway. And it confirmed my worst fears. It is awful. Like genuinely awful. I played about 2 hours of it and had to switch it off and put AC: Odyssey back
    Absolute crap! I traded it in for a partial refund, 3 weeks after purchase.

I played about 2 hours of it and had to switch it off and put AC: Odyssey back on, BO4 was that bad. I then didn't play it again for about 2 weeks, and when I did finally play it again, I couldn't bare more than a couple of hours. I just get sick of it, and hate practically every aspect of what it has evolved into. It's like all the previous bad COD's rolled into one, except they've tried to copy fortnight into it.

The graphics, the combat, the playing styles and gameplay, the glitches, the lack of a campaign etc. They have even ruined Zombies, which used to be COD's only saving grace, up until the past couple, which have been getting progressively worse. Zombies is now ridiculous, with too many far fetched spells and complex procedures that make it too overcomplicated to be worthwhile. It just feels like a big mess.

Save your money. Unless you are a massive fortnight fan, I suppose.
  30. Nov 12, 2018
    Graphics are outdated. The game has a lot features that are from other games. The animations are bad. And it's the same thing every year. No innovation nothing original. One of the worst call of Duty ever made.
  31. Nov 16, 2018
    Просто посмотрите на разницу в оценках критиков и пользователей. Тут все предельно ясно, кто игру в глаза не видел, а кто купил ее за свои деньги
  32. Nov 12, 2018
    Looks like litter, runs like garbage, feels like trash, plays like refuse. 3 studios at 3-year cycle of development and still able to produce full-price junk.
  33. Feb 21, 2019
    Activision has become more greedy than ever.
    First, buy the game
    Second, buy a subscription. Third, buy skins Fourth, buy loot boxes The game does not bring anything new to the world of the gaming industry. I would never buy a game from such greedy publishers for anything in my life! I do not understand why people continue to support them? You just need to give up such terrible
    Activision has become more greedy than ever.
    First, buy the game
    Second, buy a subscription.
    Third, buy skins
    Fourth, buy loot boxes
    The game does not bring anything new to the world of the gaming industry.
    I would never buy a game from such greedy publishers for anything in my life! I do not understand why people continue to support them? You just need to give up such terrible games! Stop buying these terrible games, and this donor plague will end! In this case, the game will start to do with a pure heart!
  34. Dec 2, 2018
    If a Call Of Duty game does not have a single campaign, then it should not exist. Single player content in Call Of Duty was the foundation of the series, this game not having that gives me an empty feeling. Activision seems to have forgotten what it takes to please all audiences, and instead focus on what makes gaming popular these days, copy other games, and implement those things intoIf a Call Of Duty game does not have a single campaign, then it should not exist. Single player content in Call Of Duty was the foundation of the series, this game not having that gives me an empty feeling. Activision seems to have forgotten what it takes to please all audiences, and instead focus on what makes gaming popular these days, copy other games, and implement those things into this game. I feel so sorry for casual gamers out there, who don't follow gaming news, who got this game and were disappointed to find out there is no campaign. Now they either have to realize they wasted their money and not play it at all, or play it but get killed all time, and cry when they are done playing, because they got killed all the time. If you only care about stories and easy to kill enemies, don't waste your money on this game. Expand
  35. Feb 22, 2019
    At launch, the game was pretty amazing but then after receiving good scores and reviews activision does what they do the best and they ruin the game with their greed and they introduce some sick microtransactions. And that red dot for 100 points... it is not that people don't like the single player campaign it is that publishers and CFOs who receives tens of millions dollars payment don'tAt launch, the game was pretty amazing but then after receiving good scores and reviews activision does what they do the best and they ruin the game with their greed and they introduce some sick microtransactions. And that red dot for 100 points... it is not that people don't like the single player campaign it is that publishers and CFOs who receives tens of millions dollars payment don't like single players games and they want to monetize games as activision does. This game is an excellent example that you shouldn't buy games from activision and electronic arts at launch because after a few weeks they introduce some dirty and greed mechanics to ruin your experience and milk you to death.

{Edit}22.02.2019
    As I expected they introduced dumb loot crates to the game after release and receiving good scores. Just imagine how I wasn't surprised when I saw it. This is old greed activision.
  36. Feb 8, 2019
    bland, boring garbage. plays like a f2p. save $40 and just get some mobile garbage, because that's how it feels.
  37. Feb 26, 2019
    Thanks to Activision for taking and spoiling everything, eliminating the opportunity to play in only one mode in the game, I was glad to release 86 gigs of free memory, and now I will live with peace of mind.
  38. Jan 3, 2019
    wth is this? The game has gone from mediocre to a completely abusive micro transaction game. Just absurd things like paying for a red dot on your guns scope. If you care about the games industry you shouldn't be buying these game. Activision is ruining so many games it's about time they die as a company.
  39. Dec 1, 2018
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a massive step backward for not just Call of Duty, but First person Shooters in general. Not only did Activision drop the single player, they just decided to be a trend chaser and add a Battle Royale mode that we have yet to see them put Loot Boxes in. Call of Duty games were always just a pain to talk about, but now there's just nothing to talk about with thisCall of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a massive step backward for not just Call of Duty, but First person Shooters in general. Not only did Activision drop the single player, they just decided to be a trend chaser and add a Battle Royale mode that we have yet to see them put Loot Boxes in. Call of Duty games were always just a pain to talk about, but now there's just nothing to talk about with this game at all. The very heart and soul of COD has been ripped out, Temple of Doom style. There is so little content in this game that I'm shocked that the whole game is over 100 gigabytes; and it's not even on the disc, there are only 100 megabytes on it. You basically just bought the DRM on a disc and have to download the rest of the game via download patch. Expand
  40. Nov 28, 2018
    So much of this game is just a rehash of the other black ops games. Half of the specialists are just the BO3 specialists except now their designs are uglier. Half of the multiplayer maps are remakes. One of the zombies maps is even a remake for god's sake. The only new thing they actually did is blackout and that's mediocre at best. If you've ever played a battle royale you've playedSo much of this game is just a rehash of the other black ops games. Half of the specialists are just the BO3 specialists except now their designs are uglier. Half of the multiplayer maps are remakes. One of the zombies maps is even a remake for god's sake. The only new thing they actually did is blackout and that's mediocre at best. If you've ever played a battle royale you've played blackout so if that's your thing go for it i guess but i've never been into the genre so i just find it dull as hell. as someone who enjoyed Treyarch's entries to the CoD franchise (even despite ****ty things like the micro-transactions in BO3) this was a huge disappointment and I don't understand why this one is being seen as a return to form by so many people. Expand
  41. Nov 10, 2018
    No campaign and they add in insane amounts of microtransactions after launch so everyone praises it and everyone buys it but then they add gambling systems which prey on people with addictive tendencies. Disgusting... just disgusting
  42. Dec 13, 2018
    A huge pile of **** that not only remains to charge you full game but also is full of errors everywhere. The equilibrium in game does not exist. The killtreaks unbalance a lot the games. Some skills of the specialists are too much OP. And micropayments are almost mandatory if you want to have the latest in the latest. A huge pile of **** game, do your money a favor and do not exchange itA huge pile of **** that not only remains to charge you full game but also is full of errors everywhere. The equilibrium in game does not exist. The killtreaks unbalance a lot the games. Some skills of the specialists are too much OP. And micropayments are almost mandatory if you want to have the latest in the latest. A huge pile of **** game, do your money a favor and do not exchange it for this garbage. A greeting. Expand
  43. Feb 18, 2019
    I don't play battle royale. But I play multiplayer. This game is fool of random death from bombs, choppers and stuff like that. There is no game mode 6 vs 6 without anything. Matchmaking is absolutely horrible: cant pick mode, map and skill balance. If you lvl1 you might get in game with 200lvl guys. Fix it.
  44. Nov 5, 2018
    Разработчики лгали и лгут своим пользователям, наобещали до черта, а теперь косплеят DICE. Контента ноль, баланса ноль. Все максимально криво, что для такой большой студии (+ RAVEN) недопустимо, абсолютно коммерческий продукт, к покупке не рекомендуется...Разработчики лгали и лгут своим пользователям, наобещали до черта, а теперь косплеят DICE. Контента ноль, баланса ноль. Все максимально криво, что для такой большой студии (+ RAVEN) недопустимо, абсолютно коммерческий продукт, к покупке не рекомендуется...
  45. Dec 11, 2018
    Feels more like a job than a fun to play game. There's no variety, the matchmaking feels like you're playing the same match over, and over again. I like a bit of random variation, win a few games, lose a few games, come top a few games. This just feels like you're matched against yourself though every game and that lack of variety just makes it a sweatfest which equals to zero fun. GamesFeels more like a job than a fun to play game. There's no variety, the matchmaking feels like you're playing the same match over, and over again. I like a bit of random variation, win a few games, lose a few games, come top a few games. This just feels like you're matched against yourself though every game and that lack of variety just makes it a sweatfest which equals to zero fun. Games are supposed to be fun unless playing competitively but this feels like you're about to go to work, in a horrible job you hate, every time you switch it on. The TTK is slow but the gameplay and stupid hopping around is too fast, so they clash. Just don't enjoy it. Thankfully I will consider this the last CoD game I buy, as I say this every year and buy it but this really has put the nail in the coffin for me this time around. Expand
  46. Nov 3, 2018
    Likely the worst Black Ops ever made. I didn't think Treyarch could ever do this bad. The maps are huge for how slow your character is (which isn't that bad of a thing), but they have super tight corridors and a huge variety of altitudes which make it terrible. Worst maps ever. Then the 150 health and record time to kill? terrible.
  47. Nov 4, 2018
    I am a german player who can`t rate this game on Amazon for some weird reason. So I will do it here. This Game is trash. I am mostly talking about the multiplayer. I am not an fan of BR Mode, so i won`t be covering it.

The Multiplayer can be described in one Sentence: Shoot first, die first. Performance is absolute trash. People who have junk internet are gods in this game. It doesn`t

People who have junk internet are gods in this game. It doesn`t really matter if you have good aim, or if you are just a good player in general. It totally depends on your internet connection, if you are going to be good. Second, the game is just FULL of tryhards. Nobody is playing because they want to have good time, no, they are playing for their freaking K/D. Everyone is jumping around like a rabbit on crack. The Maps are hot garbage as well. Their lack of ideas led them to put four maps from previous black ops games in the game. The "new" maps are straight garbage. Way too small with too many corners for people to camp in. Scorestreaks are trash, specialists are trash, everything is trash. Remember back in the day when you got the host in MW2/3 ? You were a god. Today, you are getting screwed if you have good internet. Avoid this game at all costs. Buy Red Dead 2 instead.
  48. Nov 9, 2018
    The game is basically unfinished, glitchy, and a mess. Stuff that should have been in on the day of launch takes a month to get updated into the game. The maps are all small except for one, and the game favors campers with heavily several spots to camp spawn points the game is just terrible. The scorestreaks are overpowered along with the rest of the technology in this game, there is noThe game is basically unfinished, glitchy, and a mess. Stuff that should have been in on the day of launch takes a month to get updated into the game. The maps are all small except for one, and the game favors campers with heavily several spots to camp spawn points the game is just terrible. The scorestreaks are overpowered along with the rest of the technology in this game, there is no way to counter them the rocket launcher take too long to destroy them and there is not type of EMP system in the game to counter. Cold-Blooded perk has been nerfed to an extreme to the point where scorestreaks will still see and shoot you it'll just take longer for them to. At least make a specialist that is like an anti-technology person who can get past that stuff. Because the tech is unstoppable in this game, from the specialist equipment to there weapons all the way to the scorestreaks. Objective game modes can just be dominated due to the tech. The counter to everything in this game is to just shoot it like the barricade when can't there be like a self-destruct button on the back or something to destroy it faster. It makes zero sense it's like either waste time shooting the tech and lose the game or keep dying by them and lose the game. Why was there an EMP in BO2 and BO3 but not BO4 when it takes place in between both of them it's like the universe just got dumb. Why isn't spectre in the game there is no silent specialist. Brings back old maps because they are lazy and the new specialist doesn't fit well with the old maps. PS4 gets the free content that should have been in the game before Xbox, it's just unfair and dumb. For a game that took 3 years to make it shouldn't be unfinished. Multiplayer is horrible. Zombies and Blackout are ok. Anticipated for no reason. Brought the 100 dollar edition and it took almost a month to get my cod points. The game just breaks every day, stuff comes and goes on a regular. It is by far the most uncomplete Call of Duty of all time, but the game is fun at times because it's Call of Duty. Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2018
    no single player just microtransactions for a full priced game. a waste of money. dlc should be free and Activision is just like Ubisoft. same game every year. Battlefeild v is better
  50. Jan 6, 2019
    Hell yeah, another new cashgrab from our all so honest and incredibly talented friends over at Activision.
    Just a heads up, I can only talk about multyplayer and zombiemode. I don´t play battle royales^^´
    First things first, the performance: The game feels unfinished and kind of rushed on many different details, like for example low FPS through an old engine and general lazyness on

First things first, the performance:
    The game feels unfinished and kind of rushed on many different details, like for example low FPS through an old engine and general lazyness on the last developement steps. This shows in the following facts.
    I´ve also experienced a lot of crashes in my playtime, who are not caused by my setup. It got better through updates but I think it´s kind of emberassing to ship a game wthout propper finishing touches, for example Destiny 2 has awesome performance AND pretty graphics.
    Another problem is the latency on servers, which makes this game unplayable sometimes.
    This results in ragequits and deinstallations on the dayly basis and lowers the enjoyment of this game.

Now for some gameplay stuff:
    Some specialists are straight up **** annoying and boring. It´s not fun to fight against a Prophet with a Sturm that stuns you and your whole team behind you, also his shockdrone ,which is on their way to **** yo´ day, makes his kit broken and annyoing to deal with.
    In my oppinion the game would be better off without all of this specialist crap that has been in the recent games, because it would add a plain field for fights and wouldn´t give anyone advantages.
    This would make it more fun and less frustrating.
    So for the specialist stuff, I think it´s influencing the game in a bad way that is going to make this game more boring over time.

It´s also emberassing that we´re getting less and less vanilla weapons every year, for example:
    In BO4 are FIVE assault rifles in the vanilla game
    But in BO2 there are NINE assault rifles.
    Do you see the difference and the obvious moneygrab?
    They already added another rifle, but it´s only obtainable after you´ve completed the whole seasonal pass. And yes, it´s 200 ranks you have to grind through, which is not possible for people who have a job and play other games. At this point you can just spend a dollar to climb up a rank, which is just sad.
    BUT WAIT, THERE`S MORE!
    Yes, they also have another controversy on their hand.
    They want you to pay one dollar for a red dot. A red dot...
    They reduced the ammount of content for year after year and on the other hand, put more and more behind paywalls and unreasonably high grinds.
    All in all I think it´s lame and emberassing to add such a bad payment system for weapons and cosmetics, and they should probably take a look at WWII´s contract system which was a lot more fun, rewarding and fair.

Now let´s get to the maps. I like a lot of the maps, and also some of the older ones. But in my oppinion there are too many maps that are just copied and pasted from other titles and too less new ones.
    But I like the flow of the new maps, whilst too many of them just have the three lane system.
    The mapdesign is nice, I like for example seaside with tight corridors and sniper spots, which lead to qcq and also long range combat.
    All in all I would have liked more new vanilla maps, but the design and setup is nice. The only thing that ruins it is just performance and gameplay.

In my oppinion the multyplayer is a mess at it´s current state and even FlexTape can´t fix it.
    But maybe more monetisation will help the cause :p

Let´s get to the zombiemode.
    I can´t say a whole lot of bad things about the zombie mode, mainly because I enjoy it more than the multiplayer.
    The maps have a nice setting, from a colloseum in Rome, to the disaster that happened on the Titanic and back to Alcatraz. There are always reasons to play at least one of the maps, even if it´s just to enjoy the szenery or to get into the high rounds.
    I also enjoy the easteregg steps which are challenging and require a lot of planning and knowledge of the map.

The new perk system adds a new experience in every game, beacuse you can try new setups and are not stuck on the basic four perks from prevoius titles in the series.

All in all the zombie mode is enjoyable and a lot of fun.

Now for the final judgement.
    I can´t recommend this game at it´s current state. The lack of story, bad performance, horrible monetisation and annyoing multiplayer can´t be saved by the zombiemode and isn´t worth the sixty bucks they´re trying to pull out of your pockets.
    I would also go as far to say that CoD is on a low and can´t be resurrected with it´s current state of monetisation.

Keep in mind that these are my experiences and oppinions ^^
  51. Jan 26, 2019
    Picked up the title yesterday, a couple months after it launched, on a whim. I haven't played a Call of Duty game in many years, being primarily a story-based RPG kinda gamer and not a fan of the toxicity the average CoD player produces.

I'm incredibly disappointed, but not for the reasons you'd expect. Micro-transactions are w/e, they're all cosmetic and there's no paywall for

I'm incredibly disappointed, but not for the reasons you'd expect.

Micro-transactions are w/e, they're all cosmetic and there's no paywall for content. That's good.

The detail and graphical potential this title has lives up to the CoD name. That's good.

Zombies mode is kinda fun if wave-based defense is your thing. That's good.

Battle Royale mode is fun and sees decent updates. That's good.

Multiplayer has NO skill based matchmaking and is a smoking hot mess. What the actual ****
    How does Activision expect to entice new players into their IP when the MAJOR SELLING POINT, the multiplayer, is so unbalanced for new players the experience isn't even fun? In my first 5-10 matches online, I was the ONLY player not prestiged and under level 30 (to be precise, I was LEVEL ONE.) That means I have no create-a-class, no experience with any weapons, no experience with any of the maps, and no experience with game mechanics other than how to point and shoot my **** gun (WITH NO USEFUL ATTACHMENTS).

Spawns are still broken, a remnant of distress from my MW2 days, where you undoubtedly will be killed not because of your skill level, but because the game spawned you with an enemy within 10ft.

I'm not sure if this is a valid complaint, but from my memory I seem to recall there being a larger assortment of weapons to choose from in previous entries, from what I can tell each type of weapon has about four unlocks and only around 4-5 types of gun per primary and secondary.

As a side note, Activision needs to start taking into account the wide base of players they have. In their demographic exists a wide variety of player types, and many of them play every CoD game they release. When you pair these incredibly skilled players with the less experienced players that don't play as often, you just end up alienating a large portion of potential customers. I don't buy CoD games frequently because every time I do, my playing experience seems to be secondary to the Activision "Whales" and it's clear that Activision puts no protections in place to ensure that new players will have fun.

If you're playinh a competitive game, you want to play with competitors at your skill level. High Schoolers don't play NFL teams. My first Black Ops 4 match shouldn't be against CoD Veterans.
  52. Feb 11, 2019
    This is a rant instead of a review: the review is on the previous titles and since they change almost nothing i will not bother writing new things.
    Since 2007 this franchise keeps milking its fanbase, they have no respect for their customers, its the same game over and over again, you played one you played them all.
    Dull, repetitive and shallow game. Very overrated by journalists which

Dull, repetitive and shallow game. Very overrated by journalists which tells me the $ is working well these days.

TRASH company, TRASH fans, TRASH game.
  53. Feb 17, 2019
    Its empty, its boring, its got microtransactions and they dont give a **** about releasing content or fixing the game. Dont buy this, go spend it on something else this game is not worth it. Zombies are boring and way worse than BO3/BO2 zombies. Multiplayer on PC has insanely small playerbase and they removed a lot of modes because no one plays the niche modes, also expect fortnite styleIts empty, its boring, its got microtransactions and they dont give a **** about releasing content or fixing the game. Dont buy this, go spend it on something else this game is not worth it. Zombies are boring and way worse than BO3/BO2 zombies. Multiplayer on PC has insanely small playerbase and they removed a lot of modes because no one plays the niche modes, also expect fortnite style battle pass and shop, it doesnt matter the game is 60 bucks and has season pass (with no content btw) they will still want even more. Blackout is only 'innovative' addition to the series but its just generic battle royale and doesnt have any updates either. This game had insane potential to come back to the roots but instead they decided to ship it in half baked state and are not fixing it at all. Expand
  54. Feb 21, 2019
    Дизбалансная и не оптимизированная игра с отвратительным мап-дизайном, ужасным интерфейсом и самой подлой системой доната за всю историю серии. Не ожидал такого от treyarch. Разочарован.
  55. Apr 12, 2019
    This game is a pile of garbage, almost 6 months later. $60 for no campaign ANOTHER "futuristic" shooter, buggy battle royal that was an admitted after thought and terribly poorly balanced multiplayer that has received next to nothing in terms of updates? Activision and Treyarch trying to milk the CoD cow for every last cent it can squeeze. What a waste of time and money. I absolutely won'tThis game is a pile of garbage, almost 6 months later. $60 for no campaign ANOTHER "futuristic" shooter, buggy battle royal that was an admitted after thought and terribly poorly balanced multiplayer that has received next to nothing in terms of updates? Activision and Treyarch trying to milk the CoD cow for every last cent it can squeeze. What a waste of time and money. I absolutely won't be purchasing another Activision / Treyarch game every again because of this disaster. Expand
  56. Apr 30, 2019
    So this game is the worst game in the franchise that i've ever played so let's start out with this game doesn't have a singleplayer campaign which every other CoD has which is a big minus already.

The multiplayer feels lazy and it has a lot of recycled content like half of the specialists in this game is recycle from black ops 3 and most "new" content they add to this game are recycled. The multiplayer gets boring and the guns are not fun to use. The new maps are mediocre at best and it has recycled maps aswell as launch content which is really lazy. They added supplydrops to this game aswell which is horrible tbh. Before this game launched they promised a lot of new content but so far it is probably the least updated one in the franchise. The microtransactions is horrible. They sold a regular red dot for $1 and a $30 melee weapon.

Zombies i can't speak too much on because i haven't played it but what i've played of it it just feels way too complexed but there are one fun map called IX but overall a mediocre experience.

Blackout is probably the best part of the game but still not worth paying $60 for. The blackout map is good and has a lot of fun desinations but it's not too fun to play alone. Killing people in blackout is satisfying aswell and it makes good sound when you kill someone with a headshot. Blackout overall can be fun but not worth buying for $60.

Multiplayer - 2.5/10
    Zombies - 3/10
    Blackout - 5.5/10
    Singleplayer content - 1.5/10

So after some maths i give this game a 3/10. Very very mediocre game and definetly the worst in the franchise imo. I know there's rumors out there that Treyarch had to scrap their original idea and that's why there's just recycled and lazy content but still. Activision should really let their studios have an extra year to polish their game more and hopefully make a good CoD again.
  57. Nov 7, 2018
    I don't think i have ever rated a game a zero before, but this is such a backwards step and feature-lite 'package' with so little features that interest me to the point there is no reason for me to buy this, i feel compelled to give it a dead zero.

My main grip with this game (such as it is), is the lack of a campaign/story mode.. this was the main and sole reason i personally bought these titles before, for the military themed campaign, without that, this just seems like a really lazy product and extremely poor value for money and money grab on the behalf of the publisher, and is now an empty shallow PvP only experience with a now obvious online reliant shelf life before it becomes essentially a glorifies mug coaster... without a campaign, this is a huge backwards step and something less, not progress, especially compared to the feature packed Black Ops 3, with two campaigns, Co-Op capable campaign and Split screen for all modes, this Black Ops (i don't even know why it's called Black Ops as its nothing to do with Black Ops operations) is an insult after such a comprehensive Black Ops 3.

I hope this is not a sigh of things to come for Call of Duty, because if it is, i will never be buying a Call of Duty again.
  58. Jan 6, 2019
    A typical case of a bait and switch payement model, the game could be decent, but their business practices are crap.
  59. Nov 12, 2018
    Most of the maps are remastered maps from previous games. Next to no customization. Multiplayer is literally just a spawn camp fest/nightmare. Buy Red Dead 2 and forget this nonsense.
  60. Jan 30, 2019
    I have seen "ERROR: LOST CONNECTION TO HOST" more often than I have actually been able to complete a game. And for an online only game, that is simply unacceptable. This could be a good game, if I could ever actually play it.
  61. Mar 31, 2019
    Black Ops 4 as a game is not bad. However, I am extremely disappointed in how much Treyarch has neglected this game. Its still the same fast-paced arcade shooter with great gun play and controls. But I can't find myself playing this game, like ever. From the beginning, zombies had so much promised DAY 1 content that took months to make it into the game, and some is still not even in.Black Ops 4 as a game is not bad. However, I am extremely disappointed in how much Treyarch has neglected this game. Its still the same fast-paced arcade shooter with great gun play and controls. But I can't find myself playing this game, like ever. From the beginning, zombies had so much promised DAY 1 content that took months to make it into the game, and some is still not even in. Firstly, zombies was going to get factions and callings which were supposed to be interesting incentives to play daily. Where as WW2's callings gave exclusive rewards and even special weapon variants, bo4's system offers xp. Sad. Especially because they came in 5 months after they were supposed to be. Zombies is still missing a free map (nuketown) and a mode (grief). Both of which were talked about arriving in January I believe? And finally, zombies was in beta for 2 or 3 months. Crashes everytime you got close to round 20, sometimes earlier if you were in a party. Black ops 4 was supposed to have the most competitive multiplayer as well with the higher health and smaller teams. Too bad ranked play was also 5 months late killing off any chance this game had of actually being competitive. A big trend you'll notice is that all content is coming out way too late.

Except for the battlepass cause that brings money into activision's pockets . So a full price AAA game + the very expensive season pass doesn't even get you everything? Theres still cosmetics that go for 20ish dollars? The game really has the worst and most aggressive microtransactions I've ever seen, but add in the fact that its a AAA game that launched completely broken and unfinished.
  62. Nov 25, 2018
    Worst Cod game ever, if you can even called it a "CoD" game

Not only is it super boring but it is super unfair and broken. People lagging across the screen, hit registration problems, inconsistent aim assist. I also absolutely hate the manual healing and increased health as well as the annoying overpowered, catering to noobs specialist equipment and abilities that shouldn't even be
    Worst Cod game ever, if you can even called it a "CoD" game

Not only is it super boring but it is super unfair and broken.

I also absolutely hate the manual healing and increased health as well as the annoying overpowered, catering to noobs specialist equipment and abilities that shouldn't even be in the game. The killsteaks not only take too many kills but also do nothing.

The guns are really boring, everything overall feels unfinished and sluggish.

I uninstalled the game once and redownloaded after a few patches to see if anything was changed by nope, it is even worse.

Wish I could give this game even less than a 0.

Treyarch is completely out of touch and I am not buying another game from them. This is a complete joke. And on top of all of this, they have the goal to charge 60 dollars for this garbage and then charge 10-20$ just some ugly useless emblems and camos.

As I said, this is not call of duty.

Now playing Cod again until there is no boost jumping, specialists or any type of support and death steaks (i mean that's what specialists are after all - overpowered support streaks stronger than most regular streaks) and defiantly no stupid manual health regen.
  63. Nov 25, 2018
    Dont loose your money, then dont make refund. COD4MW2 has better graffic then this crap

Не тратьте деньги, игру не возвращают, мыльный графен, отсутствие физики, зомби мод ужасный, тупой слешер как на мобильных, на ютубе уже полно видео о работоспособных платных аимах, в игре они встречаются, банвейва не видел, и даже если увижу, впечатление они все равно подпортили, стрелялка вообще ужас, урезанный overwatch, а overwatch это урезанный unreal championship, только с графеном получше
  64. Nov 9, 2018
    However good the game is when you continually get "Connection interrupted" on each blackout game. If you can't play the game then the game's not worth ****
    Sold it already.
  65. May 17, 2019
    Лучшая колда за последние годы несмотря на отсутствие сюжетной компании,игру стоит банально купитт из за лучшего батл рояля на сегодняшний день
  66. Feb 8, 2019
    Player base for BlackOut is non-existent in Oceania.

DO NOT BUY if you live in this region.
  67. Mar 8, 2019
    I only play this for Nuketown because it is scaled correctly this time. There are a few other maps that are ok but other than that, nothing else seems to interest me at all.

Zombies is ok for someone who hasn't played religiously since World at War, with a bunch of crutches to make zombie-fodder, but even then have problems because "easter eggs" are broken, right at this point in time, you cannot get more than one golden spork-knife without BSOD/Crash and a majority of previous easter eggs before were broken too, need I mention how classified was unbeatable because it would BSOD.

Blackout is my first battle royale and although I like how this one plays, it is plagued with cancerous players that sissy-camp every single building with a shotgun. It gets very boring for someone that is not interested in the Royale genre.

The DLC/Microtransactions have been the worst I have ever seen, literally emulating the fortnite system.

There are no ways to attain weapons you have missed from previous seasons (SWAT RFT)
    and they milk every penny from you - I don't know why because they cut the meat from the game - CAMPAIGN mode.

This does not deserve the black ops title either. Nothing here is black ops. It is siege/fortnite/overwatch.

If you buy this unfinished alpha, you say to activision that you give them permission to remove story mode from all games.

Imagine if spyro reignited came out later - it'd be a battle royale without any story.
  68. Jul 12, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game's trash. Firstly it releases broken, glitchy and buggy. Then when it was finally fixed you realize that the game has no campaign and tries to sell you some cheap PUBG wannabe battle royale. To put more salt on the wound half of the multiplayer and zombies content is locked behind a season pass and then the best of all, they made p2w loot boxes a thing in multiplayer. Honestly, I know this game is pretty cheap now, but just don't buy it. You're basically buying a mediocre half-finished pay2win mess of a game. Expand
  69. Jan 23, 2019
    First they removed the campaign, but kept the price. then they introduced the micro transactions after the reviews were done. What a **** move, Activision.
    Shame on you, Activision.

P.S. don't preorder
  70. Nov 23, 2018
    This game is well polished a fun time. It is however ruined by the fact that Activision added in extremely shady micro transactions after critic reviews were complete. In a space where Fortnite exists for free and has straight forward micro transactions I feel like Activision is way to out of touch and just trying to milk money out of consumers. Game is well polished and fun but I cantThis game is well polished a fun time. It is however ruined by the fact that Activision added in extremely shady micro transactions after critic reviews were complete. In a space where Fortnite exists for free and has straight forward micro transactions I feel like Activision is way to out of touch and just trying to milk money out of consumers. Game is well polished and fun but I cant recommend it because like stated micro transactions ruin it. Expand
  71. Jun 3, 2019
    Don't let the high critic scores fool you. In the beginning, Black Ops 4 seemed like a polished, sleek multiplayer experience with several modes and promises of more content, and this was the game that the media reviewed. Activision then proceeded to all but ignore 2 out of 3 modes, failed to release the promised additional content, and introduced increasingly predatory microtransactions.Don't let the high critic scores fool you. In the beginning, Black Ops 4 seemed like a polished, sleek multiplayer experience with several modes and promises of more content, and this was the game that the media reviewed. Activision then proceeded to all but ignore 2 out of 3 modes, failed to release the promised additional content, and introduced increasingly predatory microtransactions. Avoid this title like the plague, and don't fall for the same trick again when the next game comes out. Expand
  72. Nov 11, 2018
    Greedy, greedy, greedy, very greedy devs. Pay for full game, then either $200 more or be underdog for 250+hours. pay-to-win greed at its worst. of course there will be no single player part any more - devs cant pay-to-win that so why bother at all
  73. Jun 23, 2019
    This is in no way an improvement over BO3, its a downgrade in fact. I guess its better if you like BR but I don't. Healing system is stupid, takes away from the fluidity of combat. Very choppy and unstable frame rate on console. Menus are a cluttered mess. You can't play certain specialists sometimes. BO3 is better in every way hands down. You can buy so many better things/games with $60This is in no way an improvement over BO3, its a downgrade in fact. I guess its better if you like BR but I don't. Healing system is stupid, takes away from the fluidity of combat. Very choppy and unstable frame rate on console. Menus are a cluttered mess. You can't play certain specialists sometimes. BO3 is better in every way hands down. You can buy so many better things/games with $60 instead of this, save your money. Expand
  74. Nov 25, 2018
    Overall. this game could be amazing, but it is ruined by Treyarch and Activision's greed with their bs supply drop and contracts that resell variants people already had from exclusive preorders and glitches for 20 bucks. Also, the scorestreaks are way too expensive. 13 kills for a CHOPPER. This game could have been one of the best, but it turns out it's even worse than WW2
  75. Nov 14, 2018
    I used to love Call of Duty especially black ops 2 I thought that games was amazing. But ever since that game the Call of Duty games fail time and time gain to impress me. This one is no different. This games is a bare-bones cash grab of a game. The multiplayer is dumb and has nothing to it that makes it special its just kill get killed rinse and repeat. Blackout is just a way to jumpI used to love Call of Duty especially black ops 2 I thought that games was amazing. But ever since that game the Call of Duty games fail time and time gain to impress me. This one is no different. This games is a bare-bones cash grab of a game. The multiplayer is dumb and has nothing to it that makes it special its just kill get killed rinse and repeat. Blackout is just a way to jump on the trend of Battle Royals. The zombies is probably the best part of the game I thought was pretty good actually. Another thing I dont like is the loss of the campaign mode I love games like Halo and Titanfall 2 almost souly barbecue of there amazing campaigns. This game is not good and should have been better after the disappointing game that have come before it. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2018
    The Blackout mode is a ton of fun and I'm actually quite a fan of the gunplay in this game, but the overpowered kill streaks and uneven operative power-ups during regular multiplayer take away from what could've been the best Call of Duty game in years.
  77. lru
    Nov 6, 2018
    In retrospect, Black Ops 3 was a masterpiece. Feels like they took the Black Ops tag from Treyarch and handed it over to the devs of Ghosts and Infinite Warfare. Pandering, bland and unenjoyable.
  78. Feb 21, 2019
    F... You Treyarch & Activision for polluting this game with every predatory money milking practice possible. It's the first and last time I fell to this.. last COD I've ever bought.
  79. Feb 19, 2019
    The worst CoD ever. Even Infinite Warfare tops this game. Nocampaign for a cash grab Battle Royale. They leave behind MP and zombies content in favor of BR. BLACKOUT gets MORE ZOMBIES content than zombies!! League play finally comes after 5 months! And of course it comes to PS4 first! A BASIC FEATURE THAT’S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE AT LAUNCH!! But of course, supply drops and microtransactionsThe worst CoD ever. Even Infinite Warfare tops this game. Nocampaign for a cash grab Battle Royale. They leave behind MP and zombies content in favor of BR. BLACKOUT gets MORE ZOMBIES content than zombies!! League play finally comes after 5 months! And of course it comes to PS4 first! A BASIC FEATURE THAT’S SUPPOSED TO BE THERE AT LAUNCH!! But of course, supply drops and microtransactions come one month after launch... Activi$ion also said that BO4 had ‘disappointing sales’. They were number one again. Probably making tens of millions of dollars... and they call that disappointing. Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2018
    The game is empty, the spawn does not work reappears in the face of the enemy, the pairings are absurd they do not make sense in my team only noobs and in the opposite only prestige and they are going to put the famous loot boxes WHY., They have already won 500 million Dollars with their launch on top that they charge me 60 dollars for a completely empty game and that you can not changeThe game is empty, the spawn does not work reappears in the face of the enemy, the pairings are absurd they do not make sense in my team only noobs and in the opposite only prestige and they are going to put the famous loot boxes WHY., They have already won 500 million Dollars with their launch on top that they charge me 60 dollars for a completely empty game and that you can not change the actual language are an incredible disappointment ... Expand
  81. Nov 11, 2018
    Game from day 1 was unfinished, tiers and black market weren't added in until almost a month later and even now it still feels buggy and unfinished. servers are laggy and when playing with friends my game often crashes or i lose connection and i am not able to join my friends lobbies, and we all have to close out the game, reset our console, etc. to try and fix the problem. tiers takeGame from day 1 was unfinished, tiers and black market weren't added in until almost a month later and even now it still feels buggy and unfinished. servers are laggy and when playing with friends my game often crashes or i lose connection and i am not able to join my friends lobbies, and we all have to close out the game, reset our console, etc. to try and fix the problem. tiers take longer than they should to unlock, and most of the items in the tiers are just dumb stickers and sprays no one asked for. there's no incentive to complete the tiers. there's no challenges, nothing. all in all, it's an unfinished piece of crap, and call of duty just needs to die already. infinite warfare was even better than this. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2018
    если игру делать один год то получается такая несуразица
  83. Nov 21, 2018
    I followed the hype around the game. And regret it so much. This game is total failure.
    You can't join matches or if you do get a match in black out it will be with 300 ping and 30 people in there. It doesn't care that you live in EU and you join South Africa server. Bug, even cheaters don't annoy you so much as servers instability.
    Just don't buy this game.
  84. Nov 22, 2018
    Cons : no single player campaign for 60€. Must have PS plus to play on-line. Must buy season pass. Micro transactions. Not polished, buggy.
    Pros : nice graphics.
  85. Nov 27, 2018
    Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    I don't like.
  86. Dec 15, 2018
    Пишу этот отзыв специально для русскоязычного комьюнити! Эта игра делалась не для вас. Эту игру стряпали специально для консолей и американо-европейских потребителей игрового контента. И заметьте, я не говорил, что для геймеров, а именно для ПТРЕБИТЕЛЕЙ игрового контента. У игры проблемы во всем, у нее просто нет плюсов, для Российских игроков.

1. Отвратительный ТТК, который уже кто

1. Отвратительный ТТК, который уже кто только не упомянул.
    2. Отвратительно низкий тикрейт серверов.
    3. Отвратительная регистрация попаданий, напрямую зависящая от вашего пинга, приготовьтесь к тому, что вас всегда будет кидать в лобби с европейцами и американцами, где ваш пинг будет от 70-80, а у них от 20-30 (Живу в Екатеринбурге, инет подключем самый быстрый, КОТОРЫЙ ЕСТЬ В ГОРОДЕ), абсолютной никакой системы компенсации пинга не предусмотрено.
    4. Графика из 2 части, на которую просто неприятно смотреть. Им пришлось снабдить врагов красными проблестковыми моячками, потому что в общей гамме вся картинка, вместе с противниками сливается в кашу.
    5. Отвратительный мувмент персонажей. Объекты двигаются, как на коньках, из-за чего попасть по противнику, имея при этом высокий пинг практически невозможно.
    6. Через чур завышенный темп игры на ПК, поскольку для ПК игра и не создавалась изначально. Игру пилили исключительно для консолей, на которых, с учетом использования геймпада темп падает на треть и игра становится удобоваримой для восприятия. Если вам за 30, как мне и вы ветеран MW2 - MW3, то даже не суйтесь сюда и не тратьте деньги - эта игра не для вас, вы просто не успеете за ее темпом.
    7. Нафиг ненужная баллистика для такой аркады, которую зачем-то завезли в игру.

Заметьте, я ничего не писал про отсутствие кампании в игре - это не столь важно. Основная масса СНГшных геймеров играет в галду на ПК. Эта игра делалась не для ПК, не для СНГшных геймеров. За эффектными взрывами этой игры нет ничего, только мешанина из механик, которые не работают в данном контексте. Мне искренне жаль денег, которые я отдал за эту игру и теперь я понимаю, почему ее не выпустили в Steam, чтобы ее нельзя было вернуть.
  87. Dec 18, 2018
    Worst game I’ve ever played as far as multiplayer goes ,there’s a new armor system and all of the guns despite 1 or two of course have strong enough damage to give a realistic warfare experience so it basically feels like your shooting pellets Found a stationary player once that took 3 bullets directly to chest and two in the head can’t really get a clean kill unless your riding yourWorst game I’ve ever played as far as multiplayer goes ,there’s a new armor system and all of the guns despite 1 or two of course have strong enough damage to give a realistic warfare experience so it basically feels like your shooting pellets Found a stationary player once that took 3 bullets directly to chest and two in the head can’t really get a clean kill unless your riding your teammates dicks.the cod era has officially past don’t waste your time or money. You have to manually heal yourself after catching a few rounds and it’s not very practical to do that and reload your weapon.cant even find k/d listing on my profile so I can’t track my progression as a player.There’s no reward system for cod points so if you have a dlc weapon,(which is likely overpowered as hell in contrast to nearly every other weapon)you spent real money on it.personally as avg working class I can only afford to pay for the game once.will likely never play a cod game again. RIP thanks for bo3 and warfare2 guys! Expand
  88. Dec 28, 2018
    I would like this game for the amount of content (please read on to see the downsides to this also) it comes with but there's lots of negatives that destroy anything good about this game.

In fact, the only time it's good is in comparison to some other CoD games from the past because whoever let this slip past QA has failed miserably. I'll start with positives in hope that they can

I'll start with positives in hope that they can fix the other stuff and this can be a good game.

Positives
    --------------
    1. There's lots of game modes, including the new Battle Royale mode. Lots of content including multiple zombie maps and lots of multiplayer maps remastered which look great.

2. The balance feels slightly better.

3. Felt like I got more for the initial purchase than I have done other CoD's.

Game-breaking bugs that I would avoid this game entirely for
    --------------
    1. I have been in multiple multiplayer games where I have been playing the game and randomly I'll get "You will be kicked for inactivity soon" and then surely enough it kicks me mid game, mid round minutes later even though I'm running around shooting.

2. All game modes, multiplayer and zombies has incredibly unstable servers. On other games my connection is fine, fibre optic so less chance of a dodgy line 200mb+ and no other active users. It's caused me to die twice in zombies and once in multiplayer and it's just random intervals where it will spike to 200ms latency for all users.

3. The menus are buggy, you can open a menu then close it and the cursor is still moving around over the actual game running in the background with no way to fix it.

4. In zombies you can be stuck in a menu because a majority has to ready up yet 50% of people seem incapable of actually finding the ready up button, so you spend half of your life in the menu.

All of the above should be non-issues considering this is the 9,000th iteration of the CoD franchise.

Negatives
    --------------
    1. They have almost scaled back graphical details to match more of a childish art style like Fortnite. I don't feel like this matches the CoD franchise.

2. Multiple item shops and currencies for useless items to leech money off us, you feel left out or behind by not spending at least a little currency.

3. Season pass for £36/40, sure lots of content but initial disk price + this + 1 CoD point purchase = over £100 for a game that they recycle every year and all your progress will be invalidated when they release the next CoD game.

4. To conclude the above points, just the fact that they are taking strategies that a F2P game (Fortnite) uses to generate money and shoving it down paying, loyal customers throats after they've bought the disk. I have no objection to DLC but it should be optional and less "in your face" like how the original Map Packs used to be.
  89. Jan 13, 2019
    The goal was achieved, the series was destroyed. I played this game because of the single. I've been playing shooters for 15 years. In network modes, they always kill me very quickly. I went to this game several times, I died 50 times, I committed 5 murders, now I don’t want to play it at all.
  90. Jan 18, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. do not buy load of **** come to play well against bot and updating again , **** waste of time and money **** Expand
  91. Jan 19, 2019
    Please do not support such industry practices.
    This is marketed as a FULL PRICED game , with free-to-play microtransactions.
    What is this game? Fortnite FPS, but $100 (you need to buy the season pass to get all the maps). That's all you need to know. There is no campaign, just multiplayer. Shoot one another online. Buy powerups with more money. That's it. OH YEA don't forget
    Please do not support such industry practices.
    This is marketed as a FULL PRICED game , with free-to-play microtransactions.

That's all you need to know.

OH YEA don't forget that you still gotta pay for XBL or PSN.
  92. Feb 19, 2019
    Added supply drops, some guns are locked behind tier progression, time to kill is too slow, multiplayer maps aren't that good, zombies is too difficult, the battle royal is OK. NO CAMPAIGN.
  93. Feb 20, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is ridiculous that the producers only let us have solo ambush for one day. They should keep ambush on the PS4 console it's unfair to the gamers that work during the week to not even be able to play ambush before it gets taken off. It upsets me so much, I would love to be able to play ambush again. Please think about putting ambush back up on the PS4 platform. A lot of my friends are also disappointed, but I would much rather have quads ambush than solo ambush, please acknowledge me and my friends would love to be able to play this amazing game mode again. Thanks and have a blessed day! Expand
  94. Feb 21, 2019
    nowadays overwatch looks brutal, but for better rating please buy black ops pass
  95. Feb 23, 2019
    If the call of duty franchise needed a colonic this is where you would stick the tube.

First off, why is this called black ops 4? it shares virtually nothing with the previous entries apart from the specialist system which makes a return from the 3rd game and one of the zombies story lines. Besides this the multiplayer which is the bread an butter of any COD game is just all wrong.

Besides this the multiplayer which is the bread an butter of any COD game is just all wrong. While this game was in development someone in a meeting room stood up and suggested that they should tamper with the TTK (Time to kill) which is basically how much damage a player takes before they die, which in the core playlists was as perfect as it could be in my opinion, and instead of throwing pens at him, they said 'Hmmm good idea'. This ruins the core playlists for me so i played the rest of my games in hardcore which is still the same as the previous games. The weapon customization also has a few oddities, for example: in previous games you can equip a lethal grenade and/or tactical which has been replaced by the new specialist gear, which is fine but what is annoying is that it forces you to unlock traditional equipment by achieving a certain level. why would i equip a flash grenade when i can use a 9 bang? or a grenade when i can use battery's specialist grenade?

But the biggest issue by a mile is the micro-transaction system which is so absurd i cant believe practices like this are still legal. First you had their version of fortnite's battlepass system (Fortnite is free to play in case you forgot) which asks you to grind 100+ levels to unlock content you have already bought and my god is the grind is just moronic. I have put 60 hours into the game in various modes and i never even reached halfway on any of the 'seasons'. and then there is their lootbox system which conveniently came out a safe enough distance after launch to avoid making it into reviews. what can i say about this issue that has not already been said? if you employ a lootbox system in a game, it spoils it, simple as that. As soon as i see lootboxes in a game i know each aspect of that game will attempt to annoy me into buying their ridicules RNG 'reward' systems by either locking the best content you have already paid for behind additional pay walls or by forcing you into an excessive grind in order to access them. They may be optional but it impacts the entire game.

As for black out, it is about £50 too expensive, why would i not simply play fortnite or the very promising apex legends which costs £0? Maybe its because it shares the worst aspects of both games, it has fortnite's battlepass system and apex's lootboxes. I cannot comprehend why activation did not make blackout a separate free to play experience. Simply baffling.

Zombies is back but not quite how it was, there is a new slightly confusing perk system and the removal of Juggernaut *RIP*,the maps shipped with the game are actually very good, you have a remake of mob of the dead from black ops 2 with the original crew, and a new storyline and crew which appear on 2 additional maps, one on a titanic style ship and the other in an ancient Rome style gladiator arena. Zombies is really the only redeeming feature here and worth a look once the game goes on sale.

I wont mention the DLC because 1. not all of it is out yet 2. i refused to pay for the season pass so i cant play any of it even if i wanted to.

This feels like a free to play game and a bad one at that, multiplayer has been ruined, the maps have been taken from the recycling bins of much better entries and everything that made the old classics fun has been corrupted or discarded. The only reason this has not scored a 1 or 2 is the average experience of the multiplayer on hardcore play lists and the zombies mode.

5/10-Avoid for now
  96. Feb 27, 2019
    Lootboxes... lootboxes never change. Hope one day Bobby Kotick will be smashed by all his money.
  97. Mar 11, 2019
    I am extremely disappointed with this game. I am giving it a 2 because the zombie feature is good as usual. I normally do really well in multiplayer even sometimes winning up to several games at a time but since purchasing this game i have yet to come in first place on free for all. It is unbelievable to me how i can be shooting someone who is not facing me and they turn around and killI am extremely disappointed with this game. I am giving it a 2 because the zombie feature is good as usual. I normally do really well in multiplayer even sometimes winning up to several games at a time but since purchasing this game i have yet to come in first place on free for all. It is unbelievable to me how i can be shooting someone who is not facing me and they turn around and kill me. Also the jumping around like a spider monkey is absolutely ridiculous. For a minute i thought players had some special ability that allowed them to jump so high. Jumping also causes the person shooting to hit them in the leg area which reduces the damage taken by the person even if you were shooting them first. I really enjoyed ww2 and every other call of duty with the exception of advanced and infinite warfare due to the exo suts. I cannot even enjoy playing multiplayer on this game. Also whats up with the 4 health bars? Ive hit people 4 times and they still dont die. I dont mind the old maps from black ops 1 i actually enjoy them but the time it takes to get a kill is unreal. Expand
  98. Apr 12, 2019
    total garbage total garbage total garbage total garbage total garbage total garbage total garbage total garbage (75characters)
  99. Apr 16, 2019
    The biggest flop Treyarch has ever had. Outdated "Season Pass", laughably little content and a dry-at-best Battle Royale mode.

This game is honestly MUCH worse than Black Ops III. The only difference between the two is that 4 cut the jetpacks, cut about half the guns, cut the campaign, destroyed Zombies, and doubled the lag. They couldn't even go 4 months without putting the damn

They couldn't even go 4 months without putting the damn lootboxes back in. And now, whenever they add new content, it's either in the lootboxes or they stuff it into the "contraband stream" that I couldn't give a piss about.

Pathetic game. Save your money and just go back to Black Ops II and Black Ops III
  100. Apr 19, 2019
    This game is a joke. Hardly any content. Literal copy and paste of the previous games. No effort except by Activision to pay off the critics to give it good reviews. This exemplifies everything that's wrong with the gaming industry. Microtransactions are atrocious. It's like selling you a book and asking you to pay more for Chapter 2. No campaign. Repetitive. Literally buy anything else.

1. Dec 5, 2018
    It’s not that I can’t respect it — it seems to offer decent value in that it’s essentially three different types of shooter in one package, but aside from the new Blackout mode, I’ve had significantly better experiences from many of its competitors. And honestly, Blackout’s main competition is a free-to-play game. It may be better than Fortnite in my opinion, but sixty dollars better? I’m not entirely convinced about that, and without a decent singleplayer campaign attached, it’s a pretty hard sell for anyone who isn’t already a fan.
  2. Nov 27, 2018
    Despite its generic title Black Ops IV feels like a fresh start for Call of Duty. The multiplayer and the zombie mode is very much the same as always, but with Blackout, Treyarch takes everything that is good with Player Unknown's Battleground and makes it better.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Nov 14, 2018
    With no campaign to test your trigger finger, the trio of a safe (albeit polished) battle royale, waning multiplayer, and rotting Zombies make BLOPS4 feel like a relic next to a post-Forsaken Destiny 2. [Issue#156, p.94]