5.7

1. Jul 8, 2016
    This game is a bit better than Reincarnation. Played it for an hour at a mate that owns a ps4.
    I own Reincarnation on PC and it does seem better but not by much.
    Hope it won't bankrupt the company. I was hoping this time they will get it done much better to fix their poor image that Reicnarnation left on them and also the user rating is much higher this time around.
    Good luck.
  2. Jul 15, 2016
    I loved the original at the time but I cannot like this game despite it being very faithful to the original. I have grown up and no longer find running over people hilarious enough to put up with the terrible driving physics. Keeping a straight line is often a chore in this game. Doesn't look and run that much better than the 1999 game on PS4. Avoid this overpriced turd.
  3. Mar 18, 2020
    I had the luck of playing this game both on PlayStation 4 and PC. The PC is far superior to this version. This is just a bad, un-optimized port to be skipped.
  4. Nov 27, 2019
    Game has nice, crazy and sick atmosphere and big dose of dark humour. Nice cars, nice tracks, interesting power-ups and weapons. Game suffers from 2 main problems. First is bad driving model (car is hard to handle), second is the fact that opponents focusing on attacking mainly the player car (and less the other drivers cars) . Game has very nice (metal/industrial) music, but quite badGame has nice, crazy and sick atmosphere and big dose of dark humour. Nice cars, nice tracks, interesting power-ups and weapons. Game suffers from 2 main problems. First is bad driving model (car is hard to handle), second is the fact that opponents focusing on attacking mainly the player car (and less the other drivers cars) . Game has very nice (metal/industrial) music, but quite bad graphics (looks like past gen PS3 game), but this is not very important in this type of game. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Sep 17, 2016
    Subtract the long expired controversy and what you get is an old game that has almost nothing to offer to contemporary players. [09/2016, p.63]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 24, 2016
    Any good racer offers either a sense of speed or a sense of control, but Carmageddon fails to provide either. [October 2016, p78]
  3. Aug 18, 2016
    Carmageddon: Max Damage try to live with the old good days, but that's not always a choice. We expect something more from this reboot.