7.9

1. Sep 27, 2019
    I am having a blast with the game great character customization options liked the story and I’m really having fun building different classes
  2. Oct 1, 2019
    Not sure what the critics are all about. I really enjoyed the game and am glad I didn't listen to reviews and gave it a shoot.

It's semi dark souls anime if you want to call it that. The character creation is top notch. The combat is fun and challenging. Sometimes easy with your acquaintances. Boss battles still dark souls esq. I'd say if you like anime and souls like games give this one

I'd say if you like anime and souls like games give this one a try. The story was entertaining.
  3. Sep 30, 2019
    This game is a pure joy. After following this game closely since it's teaser trailer in 2017, one question has been nagging at the back of my mind. "Will this game be as good as it deserves to be"? Having played through all the Soulsborne games, and loving every one of them, my primary concern was if the game-play would hold up. I loved the aesthetic of this game and that was brought intoThis game is a pure joy. After following this game closely since it's teaser trailer in 2017, one question has been nagging at the back of my mind. "Will this game be as good as it deserves to be"? Having played through all the Soulsborne games, and loving every one of them, my primary concern was if the game-play would hold up. I loved the aesthetic of this game and that was brought into full tilt when the character creator was revealed to, frankly, be the new industry standard. After spending 20 hours with this game, and with no sign of the end in sight, I was able to put most of my concerns to rest.
    I'm utterly in love with this game. I love the direction, story style, personality, concepts and artistic vision of this game. And with no signs of micro-transaction intrusion, the game looks like all of it's mechanics are allowed to function as intended. And that's where I think this game will fall short of it's contemporary peers from FromSoftware. The elephant in the room is that the combat isn't Soulsborne levels of polish. And nothing out right now is, so it's in good company. But the comparisons are levied more directly at this game because it draws so heavily on the gameplay loop that Soulsborne established.
    So is the combat that is here satisfying? That's the main question. And I can confidently say that it is, despite it's flaws. The controls are snappy to the point where your character seems to have no momentum and can feel "floaty", but that lends itself to a much more frenetic style more akin to Bloodborne. And when you find yourself in large scale fights with many enemies, this ferocious agility is allowed to really shine in ways that put the large mob fights in Dark Souls to shame. Soulsborne excels far above it's peers in 1 on 1 combat encounters with extremely tight weapon mechanics but usually falls short when more than 3 enemys come barreling at you. Code vein feels like the opposite. 1 on 1 combat usually allows the wrinkles of the mechanics to be felt more acutely but, when 4 or 5 enemies come at you and your partner, strap in for a flashy, wild combat encounter.
    The weakest points of the game I've felt so far have been the boss encounters, sadly. They certainly work and are stronger than bosses in most games but pale in comparison to the show stopping memorable fights that liter the Soulsborne series. Initially a lot of the bosses felt cheap and shoddy as my character was inflicted, continually, with status ailments repeatedly. Each boss had a different status ailment that made the fight significantly more difficult. But after digging into the decently well explained character build mechanics with it's blood codes and skill sets, I came to understand that these boss fights were trying to make me build entire class load outs specifically to counter what they threw at you. The poison boss required you to invest in poison resistance skill and poison cure skill as well as a veil with elemental resistances. The water boss would slow you and then run circles around you until you removed that debuff and build tanky to take their hits, which were very difficult to dodge. This system, once understood, allowed me to build my character out to counter these bosses and make them significantly easier and much less frustrating. If customizing your character and skills for boss encounters sounds tedious to you, however, then this will likely seem less satisfying for you.
    Outside of boss fights, the mob combat, exploration and level design reach levels of care that are as close as anyone has come to the Soulsborne games outside of FromSoftware. With spidering paths that loop back on spawn points 2 and 3 times very often, the world rewards your exploration and gives you that same feeling of finding shortcuts that I became to accustomed to. Each area is riddled with hidden paths, secret items and side bosses that I can only come away that familiar feeling that I love from these sorts of games.
    There are bugs, but they have reared their ugly head only a scant few times during my play-through such that I don't think they bear dwelling on. And with multiplayer that works at launch, I can't complain.
    With my astronomical expectations of this game, after 3 years of following it closely, I thought it would be impossible for me to come away from this experience as anything other than disappointed. It's my pleasure to tell you that, while not exceeding my high expectations, it has certainly lived up to them and even surprised me a few times. I'm very excited to see where this IP goes from here with a bit of polish put on the mechanics to get it closer to that Soulsborne level of quality. If this series is able to get a bit closer to that lofty bar with the charm and aesthetic prowess that it exudes in a sequel, then we'll have something game changing on our hands. As of now, Code Vein is an absolute delight that is able to stand as a valiant and satisfying first stab at an alternative to Dark Souls.
  4. Sep 27, 2019
    Go ahead and ignore the critic scores. You know how it is, these people play 1 hour of a game and they can hardly get past a tutorial.

My favorite game of the year yet! AMAZING!!! Combat is near flawless in my opinion. The graphics are just good enough that they don't cause any slow down (least for me) and I play on line with regular ps4. Switch between so many classes on the

My favorite game of the year yet! AMAZING!!!
    Combat is near flawless in my opinion.

Switch between so many classes on the fly, so much depth to the levels, upgrades, weapons and NPCs.
    Character creation alone is worth the price of entry! So fun!
    On-line is similar to monster hunter with distress calls-easy and fun to get a game.
    Good story, characters, settings-such a cool aesthetic.
    I'm tired from playing since I got it on pre-order, but had to get my vote in to make up for these corrupt ignorant critics.

I am not the best at souls games and I can play this, at the same time you can get a challenge too.
  5. Sep 27, 2019
    There are users complaining about the sexism of the game. That is not what you are asking to be evaluated. Do not mix.

Code Vein has the best character creation, and has good and fun gameplay, deserves to be respected.
  6. Sep 27, 2019
    Extremely fun game! Not as good as Soulsborne, but it offers unique elements of its own. The character creator and the Blood Code class systems which allows you to mix and match unique class abilities from multiple classes AFTER you have maxed and mastered a certain Blood Code is very interesting and fun. The game offers a good amount of replay value based on this alone.
  7. Sep 29, 2019
    Very good game. Well deserved have some frame drops but nothing that cant be correcet with update.
  8. Oct 2, 2019
    Fun game challenging but fair if you love anime and dark souls you should play this! Hands down on of my fav games that came out late in the year but was worth the wait!
  9. Oct 2, 2019
    It's anime Bloodborne and I'm loving every minute of it. Great customization for any play style.
  10. Sep 30, 2019
    Anime Bloodborne, Its amazing. hard, scary at times, and while the plot is a little cliche, it was an easy plat, it was a fun experience, and if youre on the fence, Id say tis worth 40$ for sure. if yo like anime and challenging games, its worth the 60
  11. Oct 2, 2019
    Man people are salty! This game is great. Just because it uses the dark soul formula doesn’t mean it has to be exactly dark souls. Lots different here and it works.

Fun combat and leveling system that doesn’t lock you into 1 build.
  12. Oct 5, 2019
    I just finished this game and it feels fantastic. Get rid of your companion if you really want a soulslike experience. Just like coop in dark souls, companions make the game super easy.
  13. Oct 1, 2019
    Very enjoyable souls-like, a bit floaty for the combat it does take some getting used to. Other than that a very good attempt at that souls like format. Also very much enjoy that there is a solid (albeit goofy) story attached to the game.
  14. Oct 2, 2019
    Great game, does what every souls like game should. It takes some ideas from dark souls and then they put their own spin on it.
  15. Sep 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not Dark Souls, but a solid game with good customization.

Story has some good moments, especially when looking through memories. Once you figure out timing, the lack of immunity frames isn’t that big of a deal.
  16. Sep 30, 2019
    Top tier character customization, interesting story, excelent music, likeable characters with solid story arcs and unique class system (Blood Codes). The IA could be better, more faster, but it is a good game overall.
  17. Oct 1, 2019
    Muy buen juego, argumentalmente intenta ser mas sencillo que otras sagas, pero intentando mantener el interes en la historia a seguir avanzando, la jugabilidad es solidad y te da la oportunidad de poder cambiar de bulid en la misma partida sin grandes sacrificios. buenos mapas interconectados y buen diseños de bosses
  18. Oct 1, 2019
    Un buen juego con algunos fallos. Si te gustan los juegos tipo Souls y el anime, es muy disfrutable,
  19. Oct 4, 2019
    people talking **** about the story are absolute idiots, some kids are angry its not on nintendo switch and some idiots are bashing the game because ¨its not worthy of being dark souls¨ and giving it bad scores.This is not dark souls, The story is phenomenal and **** diabolically amazing. Combat is diabolical and awesome, characters are beautiful and world is beautiful. Reviewers andpeople talking **** about the story are absolute idiots, some kids are angry its not on nintendo switch and some idiots are bashing the game because ¨its not worthy of being dark souls¨ and giving it bad scores.This is not dark souls, The story is phenomenal and **** diabolically amazing. Combat is diabolical and awesome, characters are beautiful and world is beautiful. Reviewers and witchunters have a 1 inch peen and their parents never loved them. Expand
  20. Oct 5, 2019
    This game is amazing, the only explanation for low scores is that people are thinking about this game like its DS but its not. Character customization is out of this world... i mean this is mostly single player game but you can change so many things like its mmo. Story line is nice and simple, you learn background of every character you meet which is nice. Combat is like Dark Souls butThis game is amazing, the only explanation for low scores is that people are thinking about this game like its DS but its not. Character customization is out of this world... i mean this is mostly single player game but you can change so many things like its mmo. Story line is nice and simple, you learn background of every character you meet which is nice. Combat is like Dark Souls but kinda easier because you have companion by your side and he/she helps a lot... but you don't have to use them if you don't want to, you can go solo and the game is a lot harder then, so i don't understand why ppl are saying it's too easy? just play solo. Other thing about combat is that you have A LOT of skills to use, you can do so many builds that it's kinda hard to get bored with combat. For me this game is amazing and i recommend this game to everyone that played DS, Bloodborn etc. Have a nice day :) Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2019
    One of the best games ever released in 2019 has a fun gameplay similar to Dark Souls. The game did have an effort from Bandai Namco. The media, like IGN, is trying to destroy and humiliate Bandai Namco fans
  22. Sep 27, 2019
    Code Vein while the combat can be quiet clunky it makes up for this in its beautiful art style which you can explore further in its in-depth character customization. Its story is quiet unique and engaging.
    However if you are looking for a SoulsBorne like game then this might be to easy for you, it might be because i enjoy doing insane challenge runs in SoulsBorne games and that thats why a normal run isn't hard for me. But besides the clunky combat that i dipped on for a more agile range build and the just a lil bit challenging difficulty, Code Vein is an excellent game.
  23. Sep 27, 2019
    It's one of the greatest games that showed potential and it even delivered the anime style of the game was awesome some say it's a dark souls copy but this ain't true it's more than that you'll get to know when ya'll play it
  24. Sep 27, 2019
    I honestly don’t know what the critics problem is. It’s a new it’s bound not be perfect but this game is simply beautiful in all aspects. Great story and characters , awesome character building and did I mention stunning to look at . I’m in love !
  25. Sep 27, 2019
    We immediately notice the enormous work done by the developers for the creation of vein code. Character creation is incredibly satisfying. The jobs system is something very interesting and allows you to take advantage of every gameplay mechanic without starting from scratch, as often happens with dark soul.Although you can bring along a companion to facilitate the game. Nothing preventsWe immediately notice the enormous work done by the developers for the creation of vein code. Character creation is incredibly satisfying. The jobs system is something very interesting and allows you to take advantage of every gameplay mechanic without starting from scratch, as often happens with dark soul.Although you can bring along a companion to facilitate the game. Nothing prevents you from facing the game alone. On the technical side there is some uncertainty. But we must say that it is the first episode. Certainly, in future chapters we will see certain aspects improved. Rated 10. Because of the reviews of the criticism very low. It's a game of 8 and up. Expand
  26. Sep 27, 2019
    Alot better than some reviewers would tell you. But dont go into it expecting dark souls 4 its trying to do it's own thing and very much succeeds.
  27. Sep 27, 2019
    Just dont give a **** to idiot meta score of idiot sites that always want to ruin new ips and low budget and small developers. If this game was branded by miazaki and from software , every bull**** sites gave +80 but now this is new ip and at first of its way so they try to ruin it bkz they dont have enough money to give to various site to get a score of 85!!! That exactly happenee toJust dont give a **** to idiot meta score of idiot sites that always want to ruin new ips and low budget and small developers. If this game was branded by miazaki and from software , every bull**** sites gave +80 but now this is new ip and at first of its way so they try to ruin it bkz they dont have enough money to give to various site to get a score of 85!!! That exactly happenee to other soulslikes like surge and lord of fallen. Anyway. Belive me this game is fantastic and i promise you will have very fantastic times with it. Im just angry with its idiot metascore. This game is neither perfect nor master piece. Its not even near to dark souls or bloodborne but belive its worth a try. You will addict it soon although it has some technical problems like fps drop and... Expand
  28. Sep 27, 2019
    Here is what I think... I think people are marking this game down because it's a clone of Dark Souls, and Dark Souls enthusiast are offended that someone is imitating "their baby." The way I look at it is, imitation is the best form of flattery. I don't play many games anymore, except challenging ones like DS, so when this came out, I was excited. The DIFFERENCE is that this has a STORYHere is what I think... I think people are marking this game down because it's a clone of Dark Souls, and Dark Souls enthusiast are offended that someone is imitating "their baby." The way I look at it is, imitation is the best form of flattery. I don't play many games anymore, except challenging ones like DS, so when this came out, I was excited. The DIFFERENCE is that this has a STORY and an (shockingly) good one. I give it a solid 9.

If you want customization up the wah-zoo, great exploration (albeit generic looking environments), awesome plot, great character development... all wrapped around the "souls genre" gameplay, look no further. Great game! Can't wait to try the co-op.
  29. Sep 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Are you looking for an easier Dark Souls? Do you like typical anime characters? Do you like wandering around msomewhat mediocre maps while looking for items and trying to progress? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you'll probably like Code Vein. The game's story itself is decent, if pretty familiar. The lore is cool too in spots, but the characters are your typical assortment of anime tropes. Their character models also have a lot of clipping problems. No matter what character you're looking at, their hair clips through everything. Thankfully you can change your hair at any time. I initially gave my character the longest hair I could, but watching it clip through my entire outfit every time I moved got old. Expand
  30. Sep 27, 2019
    I don' think we will have another came this great this year like Code Vein. Bandai Namco has done a really great job. The game's graphic looks overwhelming and the story will keep you wanting to keep playing and playing. This is too much good for casual players.
  31. Sep 27, 2019
    In-Depth Combat with a mixture of dodge/parry with combo, launch, and drain attacks. Great multi-faceted class-system, leaving your character up to your imagination. Compelling story, great graphics.
  32. Sep 27, 2019
    If you love dark souls then you will be amazed by this masterpiece. The character creation is so unique and the gameplay is well fluid. This game is a must by for action rpg gamers.
  33. Sep 28, 2019
    Code Vein is not a soulsborne game, it's just a souls-"like" game. Critic Reviewers are need to go back to DarkSouls series.
  34. Oct 2, 2019
    The game is fantastic. Haven't been able to put it down and only stopping to sleep (3 hours) and go to work.

Alright, this has been said over and over but the character creation is excellent. Alot of work went into your ability to personalize your own avatar in this broken world, a means of putting an extension of yourself into this game. 10/10 for that. The game play, or to be

The game play, or to be precise, the way you play the game, is dependent on YOU, the player.

You got a multitude of Blood Codes--each of which provides different stats and core builds, and each with its own unique set of buffs and skills.

Then you have the blood Veils which represent your armor and equips, which not only provide you a varied assortment of stat qualities, but a range of parry and drain attacks--which each blood veil looking different from the last.

There are vast weapon classes to choose from as well.
    Not only do you have to match your weapon type for your build, you as the player have the flexibility of switching between weapons and builds on the fly as you need.

One handed sword player? Switch to Prometheus. Two Handed? Switch to Berserker.
    Same goes for the weapons. Just as you see fit.

Upgrade system for weapons and armor. Learning and mastering skills based on your Blood Code.
    Learning and acquiring more blood codes from side stories, items (vestiges) that you collect in the main story maps, or the depths. There are so many ways you can play.

And all that, just so you can meet the challenge of the enemies that will swarm you.
    Even lower leveled enemies can still kill you no matter how you get,

The regret of losing your HAZE is as real as it was when you lose Souls in any game of this genre, and the challenge will either push you to "git gud" or rage quit. Goes to show which type of player I am.

Plus, the fact that it has a story is awesome. Anime styled, same universe as God Eater, lore building. All good things if you like things fantastic.

Love this game! Worth the wait! Going for a platinum trophy!
    Well done!
    Would recommend 10/10!
  35. Sep 27, 2019
    Man this game is awesome.. yes its a soulslike based on anime, and that why its awesome.. The combat it tight and full of great moves and skills to explore. The world looks amazing and is fun to traverse, the character creator is extremely deep. Ive been playing this since launch and it one of my favorite soulslike game yet..
  36. Sep 27, 2019
    As a fan of Dark Souls and Action RPG's in general I really love this game!! I'm giving it a ten because Im basing my review on how much fun I am having with the game. Which I am really loving every second of this game after playing about 10 hours of it. I cant wait to get home and play this game all weekend!!
  37. Sep 27, 2019
    One of the best soulslike of the generation. This is a must buy game for any type of game specially rpg ones.
  38. Sep 27, 2019
    Souls lite combat, anime, dark aesthetics and the most fantastic character creator you have ever seen.
  39. Sep 27, 2019
    A brilliant game so far more you play the better it gets a hidden gem 10/10 playing it on PS4 pro
  40. Sep 27, 2019
    As someone who does find Ocarina of Time and Dark Souls as the quintessential spine of 3D gaming, I have no regrets adding this to my library. Where this game takes what is known and comfortably delivers you to your first stop of character creation, of which is novel in many ways. From there we arrive at the familiar tutorial but can skip it, that is if you can bring yourself to leave theAs someone who does find Ocarina of Time and Dark Souls as the quintessential spine of 3D gaming, I have no regrets adding this to my library. Where this game takes what is known and comfortably delivers you to your first stop of character creation, of which is novel in many ways. From there we arrive at the familiar tutorial but can skip it, that is if you can bring yourself to leave the dark, mysterious and majestic beauty Cruz. After the first stage, though bland, does a superb job at giving you the play experience in order to feel what your character's motivations, capabilities, journey, and who your allies are. The pacing of desired power and character growth are well synced and padded on either side with ally support and uniquely challenging boss gameplay. Like any good game it rewards experimentation and mastery but does not demand it. The character design aesthetic is as beautiful as it is unapologetic. I feel we have come into an oasis amidst the wasteland of cultural hiccups that exist out there beyond from under the rock I choose to live. And the games that have come out at this time will come with us once we made it totally out of this wasteland. Expand
  41. Sep 27, 2019
    This game is awesome, The character creator is simply amazing so much Fun, making all your favorite anime characters, gameplay is fun but challenging and the aI helps to A certain extent, the combat takes bit of getting use too, bit Clunky at times, Overall i Recommend giving it shot, its not dark souls completely,it brings different elements to game which is Refreshing.
  42. Sep 29, 2019
    I mean I might be not harsh enough but i like it a lot love the anime aspect love that it's not as hard as dark souls not that I don't mind the difficulty in the souls games at all just a nice change to relax a bit more xD
  43. Sep 27, 2019
    Dark Souls but anime, whats not to like? Enjoying the game a lot! Been waiting for this game a while and im not dissatisfied at all.
  44. Sep 27, 2019
    Evil, vampiric Dark souls style hack and slash! Corny dialogue, but excellent action and setting!
  45. Sep 27, 2019
    El juego cuenta con una excelente ambientación, banda sonora, diseño de personajes y sobretodo una historia muy interesante que te mantendrá enganchado. Sin embargo el diseño de los enemigos comunes es muy repetitivo, al grado de que algunos son clones más débiles de algunos jefes, por otro lado el sistema de combate se siente algo tosco y a pesar de que están muy bien hechos losEl juego cuenta con una excelente ambientación, banda sonora, diseño de personajes y sobretodo una historia muy interesante que te mantendrá enganchado. Sin embargo el diseño de los enemigos comunes es muy repetitivo, al grado de que algunos son clones más débiles de algunos jefes, por otro lado el sistema de combate se siente algo tosco y a pesar de que están muy bien hechos los personajes las físicas están mal aplicadas, por lo que constantemente vas a ver como el pelo u otros elementos se atraviesan entré ellos. Fuera de estos puntos la verdad vale la pena darle una oportunidad, no es un candidato a GOTY pero si te gustan los juegos al estilo Dark Souls éste es un título que te interesara mucho. Expand
  46. Sep 27, 2019
    Code Vein is so good.
    I like game character customization options!
    But the game is too easy.
  47. Sep 27, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It an awsm game...different just for everybody who loves hard games ....have to play must play Expand
  48. Sep 27, 2019
    If you're sexist like myself then you will love this game. Nah but in all seriousness, this is a good game. Its not fantastic, it has a lot of rough edges , needs more polish etc. But i don't think its fair giving a game that is in the very least ENTERTAINING anything less than a seven. Its no masterpiece, it will not be regarded as a cult classic in the future, but its ENTERTAINING. YouIf you're sexist like myself then you will love this game. Nah but in all seriousness, this is a good game. Its not fantastic, it has a lot of rough edges , needs more polish etc. But i don't think its fair giving a game that is in the very least ENTERTAINING anything less than a seven. Its no masterpiece, it will not be regarded as a cult classic in the future, but its ENTERTAINING. You will not be bored throughout the game , nor will you be biting your own thumb because of how unfair or janky it is , cuz its not. So if a boring game gets a 5 , and an infuriating bug filled game gets less than that, and a game thats extremely mediocre and only does the bare minimum good gets a 6 , then a game that gets a lot of things right , manages to be entertaining, has likeable characters and great music and an engaging gameplay but has some rough edges deserves AT LEAST a 7 , and im giving it an 8 because i particularly liked and wanted a game that plays like dark souls but has a gorgeous anime aesthetic . Every soulsborne game is better , sekiro and even nioh are all better games , but that doesn't mean this game isn't worth your time , since it brings some new things to the table. Between this and surge 2 , I'll pick this, they're both at the same overall level in terms of polish and care , but code vein has something that the surge doesn't have , anime titie-i mean PERSONALITY and soul. Surge is as soulless as you can get for a soulslike. Oh and if you seriously get offended by scantily dressed women in an anime game then im sorry for wasting your time , this game is not for you. Oh and if you aren't particularly good at getting better in video games then , try harder but if you think you can't manage difficult games this game is not for you either. Its more "unfair" in certain areas than soulsborne with some bad hitboxes and poorly choreographed attacks but its overall easier than most soulsborne titles. And the best part is , there's a demo , if you have doubts, you can give that a shot first , completely free and with full character customization Expand
  49. Sep 27, 2019
    Dont listen to the idiots like ign or gamespot. I still remember them giving skyward sword a 10 and three houses a 9.5 great games but they dont deserve those scores. This game is a blast, do not treat it like a souls like, yes it borrows its forumla but it also does its own thing. Im having a blast and ive played all souls borne and sekiro. And im 35 and played regular nintendo which isDont listen to the idiots like ign or gamespot. I still remember them giving skyward sword a 10 and three houses a 9.5 great games but they dont deserve those scores. This game is a blast, do not treat it like a souls like, yes it borrows its forumla but it also does its own thing. Im having a blast and ive played all souls borne and sekiro. And im 35 and played regular nintendo which is much harder than any of thosr. Please dont be a sjw warrior or a retard go out get it asap if you liked the demo Expand
  50. Oct 4, 2019
    As someone who’s played every souls-like game and gotten platinum trophies on all but two (Sekiro and Surge 2), I can easily say that this is one of the best. I absolutely love it! So much so that after buying the deluxe edition and playing through it, I just got done ordering a collectors edition from Japan so I can have the Mia statue. If you remotely like these types of games, get it.
  51. Sep 30, 2019
    Similar to Bloodborne gameplay wise, but way better overall. Game of the Year candidate for me
  52. Oct 4, 2019
    Cons:
    Multiplayer is outright crippled by lag. You will have to dodge ahead of time, every time. The degree of this is random based on the host, but it is always, always there. You cannot play multiplayer the same way you do single player, unless you are hosting. Period.
    Cons:

English dub is horrendous in some instances, namely with player characters. Compared to the Japanese it is frankly-- very bad. Things you hear from NPCs are meaningless and fall flat, and things you hear from player characters can be annoying enough to make you want to pull your hair out. Almost all lines sound fake. There is also poor translation at times; for example, when you die with a certain partner she will simply give a casual "Hello" in Japanese (or Ohaiyo), but the subtitles for this read "Morning, sunshine" and will make you reflexively try to cut her head off, after a particularly painful death. It will teach you to listen to the actual Japanese voice acting, though-- and not just react to the text.

Intentionally frustrating level design in some areas: Exploration is a task that actually requires skill, in this game. This can be a good thing, but you can expect not to have this skill developed, or anticipate a need of it. This will frustrate you until you adapt. The cathedral level is especially bad for this-- but this is not exactly intentionally frustrating; it's more of a forced skill development-- navigation. What is intentionally frustrating, are a specific monster type that rushes forward and knocks you back. This is all it does-- it's a little pinball, essentially. The first time you encounter this is specifically at a point where you are on a small walkway, and the intention is to knock you off of the edge without warning. The next time you encounter this enemy, it will be around a corner and hidden. There are no other enemies to fight here; it is pure traversal. The intent to frustrate the player is even more apparent-- here, because this instance of the enemy will slow your movement for about 20 seconds if it hits you enough. Again, this purely a traversal section-- so the only effect this slow will have on you is to drag out travel time. On top of that, after slogging around with slow on you, having nothing to do except walk, the floor will fall out from under you without warning in the section that immediately follows. HOWEVER-- These are the only intentionally frustrating sections in the game, so this isn't as bad as it sounds. It's not actually a theme of the game.

Multiplayer again: People will call for help in ridiculous circumstances. If you set the game up so that you will join any area where people are calling for help (to help lower level people, of course) you will join matches where a level 80 player is massacring everything in a level 10 section. Why he wanted to drag someone along through that is unfathomable, because he sent out a distress signal while feeling nothing on the same plane of existence as distress, but this is something that people do regularly. Also, if you send out a distress signal, you can expect that a good portion of the time, the other person will come in and combo the boss in a way that there is no challenge whatsoever. Lower level multiplayer is horrifically bad, but higher level stuff is alright.

END OF CONS SECTION

Pros--
    Literally every other thing you could imagine.

Combat is fantastic. Dodges are very quick, attacks are quick, and the number of abilities to use in combat stretches to the horizon.

Progression is incredibly intricate: a metric ton of abilities, passives, and gear to choose from-- and you can switch out your build on the fly, whenever you want. You can go from caster, to two-handed hammer berserker, to stealth assassin ninja-- in three presses of X. (Although, your two weapons and your single armor piece aren't saved, so you do have to switch those out a lot.) You also master skills as you use each class-- allowing you to make nearly infinite custom builds. I'm currently playing a support caster that uses a two-handed greatsword, with the build focused on support magic, strength, and defense. For the previous boss I used a teleporting flame ninja.

There is infinite new game plus, with corresponding multiplayer; and as far as anyone knows, you can level all the way to level 9999.

Every weapon is at least slightly different from every other weapon-- even weapons in the same category, and many weapons are unique outright.

The story with Japanese acting opens very emotional. From there it is kind of like Elfen Lied-- that seems to be the inspiration to a degree. It is a VERY bleak world, but the execution of that idea is kind of middling. It is a good idea, and that will shine through constantly, but the substance and emotional beats of the story are not astounding all the time. It is a number of steps beyond Western storylines-- but the language barrier will make a lot of the emotional strikes glance off of the viewer.
  53. Sep 29, 2019
    Nice Game , pretty and nice combate.the skillset IS really good.The bad side is the carácter face creation is not very good.
  54. Sep 29, 2019
    Don’t listen to the minority snowflake rainbow army critics hating on this game, the user scores represent how good the game is. We are now in a era of where the so called critics who rate games are nothing more then agenda driven trash, who rate games based on their politics etc, not on the game itself.
  55. Sep 29, 2019
    I'll keep my review simple. Bought it. Played it. Co op with my cousin most of the way through. The artwork and styled is amazing. Is it perfect. No. But I got my money's worth. To bad they dont have the reviewers on their pay roll
  56. Sep 29, 2019
    Excellent character creator, amazing skill system with blood codes that offers much more than any souls game before it, great dark story, excellent loot system, beautiful music, solid gameplay, hot sexy female characters wearing hot sexy outfits. What more a gamer can wish for in a game?
  57. Sep 29, 2019
    I hate people giving it bad reviews for being to hard and Call it bad combat mech. Because of that

or girls are half naked sometimes Its truly a anime souls game and i really loves it
  58. Oct 2, 2019
    this game was amazing. The creators of god eater did a good job on code vein. the customization was the best i seen and love the characters and seeing everyone's back story
  59. Sep 28, 2019
    Excellent combat with various built options, amazing customization and visual style! The partner Ai works pretty well too. Great game!
  60. Sep 29, 2019
    Плюсы:
    Звуковое сопровождение
    Оптимизация
    Озвучка
    Редактор персонажа

Минусы:
    Один вариант обработки сглаживания(TXAA)
    Отсутствие фото-режима
    Главный герой молчит и кивает головой
  61. Sep 28, 2019
    Very cool game. Combat is fast and being able to switch between fighting styles in a snap is great. The character creator is one of the best I have seen in games period. You want to wear a hat on a hat your ho right ahead. The fact that there is a story completed with cut scenes is a huge change from the foggy souls like games. If I have some grapes with the game it is the environment andVery cool game. Combat is fast and being able to switch between fighting styles in a snap is great. The character creator is one of the best I have seen in games period. You want to wear a hat on a hat your ho right ahead. The fact that there is a story completed with cut scenes is a huge change from the foggy souls like games. If I have some grapes with the game it is the environment and the colors used. Can be very brown and boring. Some clipping issues while in fast combat and clothing options. All and all I am having a great time with this different anime style souls game. Expand
  62. Sep 28, 2019
    Amazing game. This game was a must buy since the first beta. No problems with the game.
  63. Oct 3, 2019
    Un juego del género Soulsborne con estética anime y muy entretenido, me ha enganchado desde el principio.
    Tiene una caracterización del pj bastante amplia, además de una gran variedad de movimientos y habilidades.
  64. Sep 29, 2019
    Beautiful world, excellent chardis, greatest music. Stylish anime visual. Gameplay after Soul's-like games very nice and effecting. Must Play!
  65. Sep 30, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O jogo é muito melhor do que dizem esses supostos entendedores, merece uma nota melhor Expand
  66. Sep 28, 2019
    Don't write this game off based on (or allow yourself to even be influenced by) agenda-driven, biased, negative media reviews. Download the free demo & decide for yourself. It only offers a taste of what the full game has to offer, but it'll show you how full of **** the perpetually-offended outrage culture sheep critics are. Like any Soulsborne game; the more you put into it, the moreDon't write this game off based on (or allow yourself to even be influenced by) agenda-driven, biased, negative media reviews. Download the free demo & decide for yourself. It only offers a taste of what the full game has to offer, but it'll show you how full of **** the perpetually-offended outrage culture sheep critics are. Like any Soulsborne game; the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of Code Vein. Well worth MY $ and if you're a fan of the games that it takes inspiration from, it'll prove worthy of yours too. Even if you're not a veteran of said style of games, if you can afford to add this game to your library to support it, you'll help show those who'd rather see female characters covered in burkas than show cartoon skin that (actual) gamers aren't willing to obey their demands, follow their narrative & allow them to ruin everyone else's fun. 9/10 + 1pt for good old fan service & balancing out some of the unwarranted hate. Expand
  67. Sep 27, 2019
    Well this game is a soul like game with a story and anime art style. The combat is not as good as souls games but the story is told better. Also it has some differences to the souls games to the point wheir it feels like an advancement on the genre.
  68. Sep 27, 2019
    Amazing game with wonderful visual and great music, really good souls like games with **** included
  69. Sep 27, 2019
    While not perfect in every regard, it's an extremely good game. The story is solid, characters are great, and the combat is exceptional. A lot of replayability and variety. The people bombing this are ridiculous.
  70. Sep 27, 2019
    D38-J1 -Today I order the 5 new Hornaces of Death,THOD 1-5 as I embark on a new life & a new death with the final fight with THOD5 5.Pray4me
  71. Sep 27, 2019
    This has been my favorite game of this year so far. Everything about it is beautiful. The music and the character creation are wonderful. This is a must buy game for any type of game specially rpg ones.
  72. Oct 5, 2019
    This game is really good.The graphics are amazing... It's a very nice touch with bandai namco has done. I think the sound needs a tad bit of a touch-up I can barely hear the voices over the sound effects and music. The gameplay is very solid it's not too hard but it's not that easy either you mixing up blood codes and blood vessels is a very nice addition
  73. Sep 27, 2019
    one of the best dark souls 3 alternatives and it could also be equally good . An AAA game from bandainamco , seems like a massive game which can really promise a great souls like experience . It has some pretty graphs with some mesmerizing environments . Excellent technical performance on ps4 pro , An innovative more advanced souls like combat system combing firearms aswell and of courseone of the best dark souls 3 alternatives and it could also be equally good . An AAA game from bandainamco , seems like a massive game which can really promise a great souls like experience . It has some pretty graphs with some mesmerizing environments . Excellent technical performance on ps4 pro , An innovative more advanced souls like combat system combing firearms aswell and of course some truly horrible and disgusting creatures . High recommended for jrpg fans and almost a must buy for soul type fanatics Expand
  74. Sep 27, 2019
    This is literally Pinnacle one of the Best Most Flavored Action Games Created All Generation. There is Zero reason to play any other Pile of xKIKEJournalist Shill AAA Garbage when you can Play this Master Piece.
  75. Sep 27, 2019
    Tema muito bom... Trama muito bem feita...
    Gráficos ok Jogabilidade boa Sem bugs pelo menos até o momento Trilha sonora excelente Inimigos desafiadores
  76. Sep 28, 2019
    This is anime souls heaven, Combat is fun, music is good, visuals are stylish as hell, some of the boss battles are meh... But the rest are great and damn it has a great character creater.... A bit glitchy is some places on my copy.....
  77. Sep 28, 2019
    Don't care any of comment just try on, and you'll know how perfect of this game
  78. Sep 28, 2019
    Es un muy buen juego con una buena estética es divertido, si te gusta los DS este juego te gustará, los que ponen 0 seguramente sean por otros motivos mas políticos que otra cosa.
  79. Sep 28, 2019
    Amazing game which have elements from dark souls but have much better graphics and performance. Loved the anime style.
  80. Sep 28, 2019
    Great story, likeable characters, very fun combat, many ways to customize your way of playing ... the list of things I like about this game goes on and on. I don't understand the critic reviews on this game. And some of them don't even bother to give reasons as to why they think this game is bad. Honestly, this game deserves way better than what these so called "critics" tell you.Great story, likeable characters, very fun combat, many ways to customize your way of playing ... the list of things I like about this game goes on and on. I don't understand the critic reviews on this game. And some of them don't even bother to give reasons as to why they think this game is bad. Honestly, this game deserves way better than what these so called "critics" tell you.

Alright, after reading some of the user reviews I'm even more disappointed. Reviewing doesn't mean subjectively telling someone why YOU thin the game is s***. It's about objectively judging the game. Example: Someone doesn't like anime. He plays this game and says it's bad because it's in an anime stlye. 0/10. Is this how reviews should work? Definitely not. If you aren't into anime why even bother reviewing this game. Stuff like that honestly makes me mad.
  81. Sep 28, 2019
    Code Vein is inspired by Dark Souls. But that’s perfectly okay. Worth it and respect bandai namco
  82. Sep 28, 2019
    Great fun, the anime version of dark souls, fans of the genre are sure to enjoy. A lot of reviews are lying I played and it's worth it. Don't let others who are trying to hurt the game make you not play it. If it was bad why did the developers do it? It's not amazing but still worth something
  83. Sep 28, 2019
    This is a PHENOMENAL GAME from the customization to the freedom of building up you character in combat. It Definitely lived up to the hype, maybe even surpassed it!
  84. Sep 29, 2019
    amazing bosses a lot of content!!! the character customization is awesome! the gameplay is fun, a lot of builds is not a master piece but is a good game!
  85. Sep 29, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I finished to game feeling overwhelmed by the story the characters and the ending it was a magical experience that left me feeling sad that the game was over. 10 out of 10 will play again Expand
  86. Sep 30, 2019
    It was day-one buy for me. Got my first "taste" of blood only yesterday - but I like the game so far. First game in a while, which makes me keep checking hours on the clock, while waiting for work day to finish, to get home and turn on my PS4. Really enjoy "lighter" atmosphere of the game. It's great to play with a companion, though for even more challenge you can opt to play alone. GreatIt was day-one buy for me. Got my first "taste" of blood only yesterday - but I like the game so far. First game in a while, which makes me keep checking hours on the clock, while waiting for work day to finish, to get home and turn on my PS4. Really enjoy "lighter" atmosphere of the game. It's great to play with a companion, though for even more challenge you can opt to play alone. Great character customization. And NPC's designs looks great. Had some problems with camera in the beginning, but after getting used to locking onto enemy - it's not such a big problem. Expand
  87. Sep 30, 2019
    So far having beaten the third boss, the game is good. Combat is like a perfect mash of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and God Eater 3. While the controls on keyboard and mouse are not entirely bad like Dark Souls PtDE, unless you are willing to fiddle with the key mapping, I'd suggest a controller. (Side Note: This is reviewing the offline experience, I have not played online yet, and probablySo far having beaten the third boss, the game is good. Combat is like a perfect mash of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and God Eater 3. While the controls on keyboard and mouse are not entirely bad like Dark Souls PtDE, unless you are willing to fiddle with the key mapping, I'd suggest a controller. (Side Note: This is reviewing the offline experience, I have not played online yet, and probably won't until I either get to NG+ or become curious enough, so I can't really say anything on that side of the game.)

So far here is my pros and cons.
    Pros:
    -Fun Combat Systems
    -A Tutorial
    -EXTENSIVE Character Creation
    (took me 30 minutes just sorting through all the options and i'm still going in an tweaking my character every now and then!)
    -Interesting Story and Characters
    -YOU HAVE A MAP

Neutral:
    -Season Pass
    (I put this here because the description on it is vague at the moment, so I'm hoping it is similar to DS3's Ashes of Ariandel/Ringed City pass, plus it is a back-step from God Eater 3's free updates and extra episodes)

Cons:
    -Some Stuttering/Frame Drop Issues
    -Unreal Engine
    (texture fade-in during cutscenes)
    -Partner Chatter Can Become Infuriating
    -Partner AI Is Sub-Optimal in Boss Fights

In Conclusion:
    I recommend this game. I am enjoying it, it contains everything I was hoping for and more. While the game does has its downfalls, I am hoping that solutions for what can be fixed do come around. Either way, I will be playing this game and continue to enjoy it and I hope that anyone who buys it enjoys it as much as I am
  88. Sep 30, 2019
    This game is amazing, the combat is great, the story is has some suspense and mystery that draws you in making you want more. Overall this game is a good time!
  89. Sep 30, 2019
    It existed and hurt me by its sexism. The combat is ok and the character creator is great but a game like this in 2019 is sad. I prefered the surge 2
  90. Oct 2, 2019
    A fantastic game. It really gets better as it goes on; I already want the next three games in the franchise (fingers crossed they continue making games in this universe!). I can't wait to see where they take it from here.

I finished the game at almost 44 hours, player level 130, no co-op just the AI partners. I was playing on a launch PS4, so I expected some dips in framerate and some slow loading, especially because my PS4 lags on the regular home screen sometimes, but the game was honestly very smooth and only had minor hiccups here and there (like the small transitions between areas; the final boss did not lag at all), and had textures that would sometimes load at their full resolution after maybe half a second or less. HOWEVER. I've watched a few people stream the game on PC, and they don't seem to have similar issues. So, if you care about this sort of thing, make sure your hardware isn't almost 6 years old.

The story was wonderful and always left me wanting to know more about why things were they way they were, speculating about how each character was involved, and itching for more lore. I was honestly left speechless quite a few times when some major story points occurred. The characters are all fantastic and made me cry multiple times throughout the game, once I learned more about them. The only part that may have fallen short was the tiny ~minute-long segment between the good-ending post-boss cutscene and the pre-credits cutscene, but I can definitely excuse that based on how solid the rest of the game was. I only wish it was longer! Then again, I say that about nearly every game...

The soundtrack is phenomenal, especially the vocal-focused tracks. If you listen to the whole soundtrack in succession (on YouTube), you can see how wonderful and different each song is (even the vocals are different for each song I believe, not just reused parts from other songs, and the Latin isn't just pseudo-Latin); I just found out the main menu theme actually has English lyrics because I listened to it more closely there. Each track really is a masterpiece on its own; this may be my favorite game soundtrack ever, or at the very least extremely close to it. The game may make it seem like it favors one song over all others, but please listen closely to that song (you'll know when you hear it). There are many different versions of that song, each with different instruments added or missing. There's even at least two versions of the just-piano version: a simple one and a complex one. The segments where these songs play, and their accompanying music, was carefully thought out and deserves its own recognition here.

And, as everyone knows already, the customization is top-notch, both in physical character creation and in customizing play-styles through blood veils, weapons, blood codes, and mastered blood code abilities. Tip if you're thinking of picking the game up: you can mix and match abilities from different blood codes! I've seen a few people online skip over this fact in the tutorial.

Please give this game a chance to be something other than a Dark Souls clone, as every reviewer and their brother wants to liken it to. It has a lot more to offer and is unique and wonderful in its own way.
  91. Oct 6, 2019
    I never properly played a souls game before: I did play bloodborne for a dozen hours and same for the Surge and then stopped, as I really never got into those games for some reason. And it's not really because they're hard really: the difficult part is in knowing the patterns of enemies and where the enemies come from, as a lot of these games LOVE to cheap shot you from blind corners. ButI never properly played a souls game before: I did play bloodborne for a dozen hours and same for the Surge and then stopped, as I really never got into those games for some reason. And it's not really because they're hard really: the difficult part is in knowing the patterns of enemies and where the enemies come from, as a lot of these games LOVE to cheap shot you from blind corners. But still, these games never caught my attention for too long and I feel that I found the reason while playing Code Vein.

Code Vein is essentially a soulslike game: combat is similar with light and heavy hits, stamina is used for swinging and dodging and parrying, haze is your currency and experience, there are giant enemies who will try to kill you in few hits, movement is done by teleportation through the mistles you find and if you die you lose all of your currency and must retrieve it - although it's dropped on the floor rather than being owned by the enemy.

What makes the difference, in my opinion, are the little details: the game reminds a lot of Godseater with its dark apocalyptic scenarios and a grittier, more realistic anime style and overall more punkish themes.

Speaking of anime style, the game has very extensive character customization that allows you to pretty much modify anything - even though you only have two body types and not much of that is customizable - and you can still modify it in-game after you reach the hub which is really nice. On top of that, you have some neat little interactions with the environment, like being able to sit down or make emotes with the speech which is nice and gives your character a little bit of personality.

What makes the game very fun for me was how the class system works: essentially you collect what's called a Vestige which is basically a soul of a Revenant - undead who feeds on blood, just like everyone - and from collecting said Vestiges you gain their blood code which not only gives stats but also gifts which are abilities and perks. The fun part is you can master these gifts and carry over to other classes which allow to create a stronger class, and it's pretty fun to experiment!

The way it works is like this: a blood code has a stats sheet and gifts and weapons power scale depending on the stat of the blood code, so if you have a code who has A in dexterity you'll want to carry a weapon who benefits from dexterity, which is usually swords or bayonets. However, if you want to play a "mage" type of character you'll want to go with a mind code and put long-range gifts in your skill bar, as well as a weapon for it.
    The way gifts works are also interesting: you have a certain amount of Ichor and hitting enemies recharges ichor but also increases the maximum amount of ichor you can have, so you'll have to switch combat styles and if you go to the mistle the ichor resets.
    If you played Godseater you can easily see the similarities too.
    Bottom line, the combat is expansive enough thanks to the many passives and active gifts you can unlock, master and then carry over in order to create the "best class" you want and unlocking them requires a lot of search in the field, which is always welcome.

Another big difference is the NPC who follows you...now granted you can play without them and have true soulslike experience BUT the game is riddles with enemies and you can be overrun fairly easily. Sure it makes the game a lot easier but it's not a bad thing for someone who wants to take a step in the souls-type of games.

And last, but not the least, the story: i will admit it's nothing too special but this is what kind of pushes me further into the game, having a goal and a story alongside characters to interact.
    Like I said I played Bloodborne and the Surge but those games were really lonely experiences and I never felt motivated to go further because "what's the point?". Sure the circumstances are interesting and I love BB design and gothic atmosphere but I'm just a silent character with no reason to walk around and as much as I had fun with that game I really got bored soon.

Here, even if the game isn't stellar all the time, the story pushes me to keep going forward and having character interactions really makes the lonely experience more enjoyable, and even when the game makes you struggle the story helps to give you a good push and go forward and makes me wanna grind to get that extra push forward

I'm NOT saying BB or any Souls game is bad because they lack proper storytelling or characters: I'm just saying that I was more motivated in CV thanks to the story.

With that said, I highly recommend CV if you're wanting to give this genre a try: it's definitely a good game and I didn't have any bugs in my copy, so if you're curious but afraid this type of games CV gives a very noob-friendly experience and a good introduction for future games.

But if you're a hardcore DS and BB player who can play the entire game without being hit once I'd say skip it
  92. Oct 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off. All the idiots giving this game low reviews simply for “Sexism” clearly don’t understand the definition of that word. Yes it’s true a lot of the female characters are wearing pretty revealing clothes and/or tight clothes in general but you can pretty easily avoid looking at them if it matter that much to your shallow self.

Anyway. On to my thoughts.
    Code Vein isn’t a masterpiece. The combat was your simple Dark Souls fair with a unique spin that being the Blood Codes which lets you switch your class anytime and gifts which you can mix and match any from other Blood Codes as time goes on. It also has you equip 4 passive stat buffs which acted similarly to rings and I thought that was cool personally.
    Other than those, it wasn’t much different personally.

Exploring was done in a interesting way where you slowly unlocked more the the map by finding the little plants throughout the area.
    Though these areas did get repetitive at times with there being a handful of enemy types.
    I agree that Dark Souls definitely did a better job in this department as well.

The reason for my high score is for the characters like Lewis, Mia, Yakumo, etc.
    These characters were fun to explore with and see in action. Lewis was agile with decent DPS, Mia prefers long-range, and Yakamo is tanky with solid attack power + great speed.

I do think this game gets repetitive and the areas can be more varied without a doubt, but it’s gonna be one of those games I come back to so I can try out new weapons, gift combinations, etc. personally I thought the bosses were kinda easy compared to other souls games. Sure they gave some challenge but I beat most on my first try. You honestly don’t need to save your Haze (currency) for much so I just flooded it into my characters level and upgraded whenever I got the chance. Plus the AI Co-Op characters made things kinda easier too. I know this game isn’t perfect but so what. It was a treat and if you disagree... great. Move on. Code Vein gets 8 crazy anime haircuts outta 10.
  93. Oct 12, 2019
    I ordered this game based on the character creation and anime aesthetic alone but it's also a good game. Don't let the hypocrite activist's posing as journalists scare you off.
  94. Oct 9, 2019
    What an amazing game. Sure, it is not as challenging as the SoulsBorne-series and perhaps the translation is somewhat lacking in places... but do those things really matter that much? In my opinion, no. Code Vein is just a really great game if you are into SoulsBorne-style game play.

8.5/10 in my book and an extra special plus for no (as of release) predatory in-game micro transactions. You can actually earn all of the rewards by playing the game?! What a time to be alive!
  95. Oct 15, 2019
    Me gustaría iniciar diciendo que la evolución del personaje es extraña. Comenzando por lo malo, al subir de nivel no puedes asignar parámetros, unicamente suben tus caracteristicas generales. Lo bueno es el sistema escogido para las habilidades. Hay unas 30 clases diferentes y cambiarás entre todas ellas a lo largo de todo el juego, porque cada una de ellas tiene entre 6 y 10 habilidadesMe gustaría iniciar diciendo que la evolución del personaje es extraña. Comenzando por lo malo, al subir de nivel no puedes asignar parámetros, unicamente suben tus caracteristicas generales. Lo bueno es el sistema escogido para las habilidades. Hay unas 30 clases diferentes y cambiarás entre todas ellas a lo largo de todo el juego, porque cada una de ellas tiene entre 6 y 10 habilidades que una vez masterizadas se heredan; es decir, puedes por ejemplo masterizar al mago y luego cambiar a clase great sword conservando los hechizos. Otro punto importante es que hay una enorme cantidad de habilidades de buff, no solo las básicas de aumentar fuerza y defensa por un tiempo determinado sino otras como absorber parte del daño o aumentar notablemente todos tus parametros por 2 minutos con la condición de que cuando el contador llega a cero mueres.

El sistema de combate es realmente bueno por todo lo mencionado previamente. La movilidad está entre bloodborne y souls3 en función del peso que lleves, los movimiendos son fluidos y rara vez te dejan expuesto si estás atento y conoces tu build.

Los mapas gozan de belleza, algunos sencillos y de apariencia lineal, otros los peores put** laberintos que jamás he conocido en 25 años, verdaderas pesadillas que retan a explorar hasta el más minimo barranco y a hacer backtracking hasta desentrañar todo el mapa. Lo malo, que son mapan independientes en vez de una compleja estructura interconectada como la que nos tienen acostumbrados otros títulos como Nioh, Sekiro o la saga souls.

El ritmo entre gameplay y cinemáticas está mal medido, esto es, 2 minutos para presentar un boss y luego 3 para despedirlo es un total ruptura de ritmo. La saga souls fue inteligente midiendo esta situación, el boss caía y solo quedaba el silencio y tus pensamientos, algo que se echa de menos.

La duración... No diré nada sobre esto porque me parece una jugada interesante por parte de los desarrolladores. Cerremos con que la duración es buena.

Por último mencionar que este juego sería uno de los grandes del año si tubiese pvp, pues tiene todas las caracteristicas para ser el mejor soulslike pvp creado hasta la fecha. Una oportunidad de oro desperdiciada que quien sabe si pondrán en un futuro.

En fin, quizás me he dejado cosas pero creo que he mencionado todo lo que, en lo personal, me parece lo más importante. Entré con escepticismo y es gracias a ello que he salido con una buena experiencia, y se lo recomiendo a cualquiera con ganas de un soulslike. Tiene puntos negativos obvios (lo cuales ya he mencionado y ahora ustedes conocen) por lo que consideren comprarlo en todo caso a mitad de precio si eso les aporta tranquilidad.

¡Saludos!
  96. Oct 21, 2019
    This game is a gem, I really don't get all the negative reviews. Been playing it for over 20 hours and CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT!!!
  97. Oct 11, 2019
    Code vein is great, the gameplay, music, and design overall is good. The character creation is one of the best I've ever seen in a dark souls clone. One reason I think people didn't like this game is because they went into it expecting dark souls. I did too, and at first I was confused and worried that it wasn't going to be what I expected, but I had to realize that this game was going toCode vein is great, the gameplay, music, and design overall is good. The character creation is one of the best I've ever seen in a dark souls clone. One reason I think people didn't like this game is because they went into it expecting dark souls. I did too, and at first I was confused and worried that it wasn't going to be what I expected, but I had to realize that this game was going to be different. Yes it feels like dark souls and is very similar, but you should go into expecting something different cause it is. of course people are completely entitled to their opinion. I personally recommend this game to anyone who loves the dark souls series. While is similar in many ways and the differences are well made, allowing for a variety of builds. The only thing that is keeping me from a 10 is that this game can kinda be easy, the entire game you can have a someone with you, you can choose to do it by yourself though. I actually think this is a good idea to have a way to balance people who want a good challenge to turn it off, and people who are more casual gamers and not great at it. Overall this is another amazing dark souls like Anime game. Expand
  98. Oct 15, 2019
    Really good game, already finished the story twice and about to go for the 3rd play through, the game does have a decent story that does feel dull at the start but once it kicks off, it does deliver a good story, the memory scenes are something new for a change, a very artistic way to tell the story. The music is incredibly well made and really adds that extra to the game. The switchingReally good game, already finished the story twice and about to go for the 3rd play through, the game does have a decent story that does feel dull at the start but once it kicks off, it does deliver a good story, the memory scenes are something new for a change, a very artistic way to tell the story. The music is incredibly well made and really adds that extra to the game. The switching and mixing skills from blood codes to make your own build is a really nice touch too and lets not forget how well made the AI companions are, they do save your butt and are really helpful, without them the game becomes a whole new difficulty, they are your safety net, so make sure you take them with you and find the companion that mixes best with your playstyle. It is a game a would definitely advice to get, it is not as punishing as Dark Souls, but challenging enough to keep you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  99. Oct 22, 2019
    Wonderful game and highly enjoyable from start to finish!

Pros: -Beautiful and unique character designs -Top tier character customization system -Interesting and deep story (and very sad and tragic too...) -Lovable cast of characters that will quickly win your heart -Gameplay is pretty solid and has a very enjoyable arraid of different skills for your buids Cons: -It's too
    Wonderful game and highly enjoyable from start to finish!

Pros:
    -Beautiful and unique character designs
    -Top tier character customization system
    -Interesting and deep story (and very sad and tragic too...)
    -Lovable cast of characters that will quickly win your heart

Cons:
    -It's too short for an RPG (it would take you no more than 4 or 5 days to finish it)
    -It's difficulty level is a bit too low (especially if you're into the Soulsborne, Nioh, Sekiro genre)

Overall 9 out of 10, I took half a point for the shortness of the game and half a point for it's somehow easy difficulty.
  100. Oct 11, 2019
    Code Vein is the literal definition of a Soulslike done right and is honestly one of the biggest surprises of the year for me so far.
    This game literally gets a 9/10 based on the character creation screen alone which is perhaps the best we have ever seen in a game despite the subjective art style. You name it you can probably make it in Code Vein's character creation screen.
    However the
    However the gameplay is also very well done as it combines the technical systems of a Souls game but adds anime bombast to it which is most likely to be a weebs wet dream (sorry if I offended anyone), The blood codes is also a great idea as it adds a class like system to Code Vein that whilst the Souls games had it was entirely down to player impact to build their characters into a specific class. Code Vein combines classes with traditional Souls leveling systems to creating a very fun and addictive combat loop.
    Whilst it retains the Souls like gameplay Code Vein does not carry over the notorious difficulty of these games, in fact during my 30 hours with the game I only died 10 times compared to the thousands of deaths in Nioh and The Surge 2 which had extreme spikes in difficulty. I would say the difficulty is very welcoming and is akin to an action game like NieR Automata and Metal Gear Rising Revengence which may or may not be a turn off depending on the player.
    Overall if you are looking for a great action game to play this year Code Vein should be on your radar and is one of the best games released all year round.

1. Oct 23, 2019
    A stylish anime soulslike with a pretty enjoyable fighting system and many different ways to play. The enemy design, however, is extremely unimaginative which applies to the level design and the story as well.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Oct 22, 2019
    This souls-lite with an artful anime sheen impresses visually and presents an accessible take on the winning formula but fails to endear us with its bland environments and toothless story. [Issue#168, p.84]
  3. Oct 21, 2019
    Code Vein is going to be divisive. Out of the box, it's not a very good game. The balance in difficulty is a mess, with certain classes and abilities feeling hugely overpowered; the partners making even the most challenging encounter easy, until the difficulty spikes massively towards the conclusion. It's in that conclusion that Code Vein shines at its best. For the players willing to invest the time to get there, and good enough to learn how to master the considerably complex system, there is a superb experience waiting. It's just a shame it takes so long to get there.