4.2

1. Sep 25, 2019
    Edit : it does get better the further you get, updating to a 7

Not good for a Contra game, not bad for an indie game. There clearly wasn't a real budget put into this game but I am having some fun with it anyways. Pros -I like the upgrade system. -The Story is somewhat interesting so far. - A couple of the characters have pretty cool ideas behind them. Cons - The VFX look
    Edit : it does get better the further you get, updating to a 7

Not good for a Contra game, not bad for an indie game.

Pros
    -I like the upgrade system.
    -The Story is somewhat interesting so far.
    - A couple of the characters have pretty cool ideas behind them.

Cons
    - The VFX look outdated.
    - The controls are not the smoothest when it comes to aiming.
    - Overkill with the cursing in the dialogue.
    - AN OVERHEAT NERF ON THE GUN?? IN A CONTRA GAME?? REALLY??
    - They called it Contra.

I think I speak for most people when I say I would have another sidescroller Contra. Topdown just doesn't feel right for Contra. NeoContra was a pretty fun game but not compared to the old sidescroller run n gun games.
    The character models aren't bad but the art style just doesn't look right. I get that they were trying to make more challenging with the overheat function but I'd rather they just nerf the weapons power a bit, plus the twinstick aim doesn't feel very precise so that adds its own challenge already.

I still need to finish more of the game before i find anymore pros or cons.
    Maybe there are some awesome boss fights to be had later on that can get my rating for this game up a bit.
    I think the 0 scores are unfair but the 10's are unrealistic too. As of right now all i can give it is a 6.
  2. Sep 26, 2019
    This could have been the start of a Renaissance for Konami. With re-releases in the form of collections of their classic IPs and excitement for a new Contra, this could have been the start of a revamped Contra.

I personally find the game enjoyable, however this does not take away from the fact that the game is a sluggish, lazy uninspired product. It felt like there was some good ideas by people who appreciate what they are doing, but they probably had a budget and time limit. And let's not forget you're weapon overheats.... Some reviewer said "run and gun action" of Hard Corps, no Konami shill it is not.
  3. Jan 1, 2020
    The game sucks and the overheating guns should not be in any Contra game. can see how bad this game is but I love it.... Maybe there is something wrong with me .lol. I have a soft spot for twin stick shooters so I'll give it a 5. I only recommend this game for people who love twin stick shooters and if you are a hardcore Contra fan who doesnt mind overheating guns..
  4. May 12, 2020
    This makes it rather difficult to judge Contra Rogue Corps. But fans don't really do anything wrong with that part. The plot is neat and tidy and the different characters with their skills make you feel good for a while. The controls take some getting used to and also the camera is annoying at some points in the game. In multiplayer mode there is a lot of fun, but only at home. Namely, inThis makes it rather difficult to judge Contra Rogue Corps. But fans don't really do anything wrong with that part. The plot is neat and tidy and the different characters with their skills make you feel good for a while. The controls take some getting used to and also the camera is annoying at some points in the game. In multiplayer mode there is a lot of fun, but only at home. Namely, in the online version there are simply too few players on the road. Those who would like to play together should give "Contra Rogue Corps" a chance. Alone, the title is a bit thin.

(https://www.playmoregames.de/post/contra-rogue-corps-ps4--nsw--xbox-one--pc-im-test)

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 14, 2020
    If Contra: Rogue Corps were known by any other name, it wouldn't be so bad. The idea of a twin-stick looter shooter is intriguing, and the shooting can be decent even if the level flow isn't exciting. However, that reliance on the franchise name comes with certain expectations. The overheating guns, restricted co-op, and missing weapon sets run counter to what fans have come to expect from the series that's been around for over 30 years. If you aren't too discerning, this may be worth a look if it's in the bargain bin. If fans of the series pick up Rogue Corps, they will be disappointed.
  2. Dec 22, 2019
    If you expect a game that respects the beginnings of the saga, you won't find it here. Against ROGUE CORPs is a shooting video game that at the technical level is a disaster, it lacks a more polished and precise control, as well as a huge swing in terms of weapons. Nor does it stand out in terms of enemies and scenarios, both things are repeated too much, so much that sometimes one does not know if he has exceeded the level or if or is doing back. While it has certain interesting and fun moments, it is a title that is not worth it at all. If you want to experience the Contra saga at its best, you have a pack of Contra games that you can buy from the PS Store.
  3. Dec 2, 2019
    Rogue Corps is an insult to the cult franchise. It downgrades and splatters the mud all over the once very fun and extremely hard run ā€™nā€™ gun gameplay, with its repetitive levels, enemies and irritating overheat mechanics.