6.4

1. Sep 13, 2019
    Added in-game purchases after the game launched. no need to add anything else
  2. Sep 13, 2019
    Game aimed for small kids with microtransactions that were added post launch - after all reviews were out. Unforgivable practice. Please, do not buy this game.
  3. Sep 11, 2019
    It was nice until they added microtransactions. Why cant you be a bit less greedy?
  4. Sep 9, 2019
    This is a review post-release, with extensive play under my belt, and AFTER Beenox directly told us they promised to not add Microtransactions to the game.

On release this game was fantastic, an easy 10 contender, but since the glowing reviews have already come out they have really doubled down on Microtransactions, and plan to implement even more. You earn Wumpa Coins by racing but in order to earn them at a decent rate you are REQUIRED to play Online.

Online is a broken mess that gets worse with each patch. They refuse to fix the gameplay effecting bugs because it interferes with your Wumpa Coin gains and they hope you will just buy the coins instead. Each patch comes roughly a month after the last and the only purpose is to add these seasonal 'Grand Prix' events. These are horrible to grind for and quickly become a chore, especially considering there is a week between each new 'Grand Prix'.

As someone who grew up with the original, I can't recommend this game to anyone. It is a soulless remaster whose sole purpose is to suck every penny from your wallet. Expect them to push the envelope because they will.

Please spread the word. Don;t buy this game. Borrow it or pirate it. Activi$ion doesn't need your money and Beenox certainly doesn't deserve it either.
  5. Sep 4, 2019
    Microtransactions in a remake of a game in the 90s? Just how greedy are you Sony?
  6. Sep 4, 2019
    Como es posible que un juego de carreras vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico, juegos viejos como red dead redemtion del 2010, The Last of Us y God Of war ascension tienenComo es posible que un juego de carreras vaya a unos mugrosos 30 fps, siendo que tiene unos graficos caricaturescos estilo naruto shippuden, nose porque la prensa le pasa por alto este tipo de errores gravisimos, siendo que para la capacidad de la tableta de gama baja no es un portento tecnico, juegos viejos como red dead redemtion del 2010, The Last of Us y God Of war ascension tienen mejores graficos siendo de generacion pasada, nintendo lleva haciendo juegos mediocres en graficos y a nivel tecnico como pokemon, este astral chain, yoshi, donkey kong y el kirby. Como es posible que red dead redemtion tenga arboles y graficos mas bonitos que el zelda 2017 y pokemon, siendo un juego del 2010, pero en fin, este astral chain da asco porque fue hecho con flojera como todo lo de nintendo asi que no malgasten su dinero.

Pd. No le hagan caso a youtubers alopecios sin estudios y estafadores de switchcodes, ellos solo quieren su dinero facil sin necesidad de trabajar.
  7. Sep 4, 2019
    Lying scumbags im very mad about microtransactions being added when they said it wouldnt
  8. Aug 31, 2019
    Im very angry They ruin one of my favourite childhood games . I hate Activision forget about me buying another crash game They ALWAYS RUIN GREAT GAMES BECAUSE THEYRE
    AVARICIOUS. Im also very angry with beenox they promise not to add micro transactions to the game in E3 the wait for the great reviews to go out and they lie and add them . I wont buy another game made by them again.
  9. Aug 26, 2019
    I just don't get it: they remade a classic game, then added a cosmetics shop with rotation of items from the release with promise not to add micro transactions, but slowed down progression so you can't get all items from the shop, and after 2 months they added micro transactions "because people wanted to have more in-game currency". The only conclusion I have from this situation is thatI just don't get it: they remade a classic game, then added a cosmetics shop with rotation of items from the release with promise not to add micro transactions, but slowed down progression so you can't get all items from the shop, and after 2 months they added micro transactions "because people wanted to have more in-game currency". The only conclusion I have from this situation is that Activision think that I'm brain dead...
    Since start the game wasn't in a healthy state: there is ton of bugs (damn, I couldn't even launch arcade mode because the game refused to submit at preferences menu), dead online (I have to wait about 5 minutes to get a game with 3-4 people in it while there is 8 slots, so there is no fun at all) and 30 fps for racing game (Mario Kart 8 running on Switch with 60 fps and has better graphics). And now instead of actually fixing the game they bringing micro transactions to game with E10+ rating despite the promise not to do that, which pissed people off! The game is another try to monetize nostalgia, that's it.
  10. bnr
    Aug 24, 2019
    8/10 game, 10/10 scam
    Get rid of the [expletive, expletive, expletive] Wumpas already!
    Make CTR great again!
  11. Aug 20, 2019
    A decent game ruined by activision, yet again. Dont support this. They keep adding mictrotransactions to games after the reviews came in, this is absolutely disgusting.
  12. Aug 20, 2019
    Deliberately made it a grandfest so they can sell you the solution, after saying they wouldn't add microtransactions.
  13. Aug 20, 2019
    Great nostalgia for me. this is the game that make me bought ps one. But they put micro transactions just before release date. Totally shame for activision. I gave 1 point for my childhood memories. that's all.
  14. Aug 20, 2019
    Great remake but the fact that they stealth added micro transactions into a kid friendly game is a big down vote for me. Have returned it to the store and will refuse to play any game and return any game that does so in the future.
  15. Aug 15, 2019
    There were no microtransactions on release. Even cosmetic are bad for a full-price game. I won`t buy any games from Activision from this moment.
  16. Aug 14, 2019
    Microtransactions after release?! The same thing happened with Black Ops 4. It's just disgusting.
  17. Aug 14, 2019
    I was excited to play this game when it released in June. I've never played CTR on PS1, so this game was completely new to me. The game was fun before Activision decided to implement microtransactions into the game. Worse yet, Activision lied about including microtransactions after reviews were published. After this decision, I cannot recommend this game.
  18. Aug 13, 2019
    Bugs, exploits, micro and one of the wrost possible matchmaking ... TRASH, I regretted buying the game
  19. Aug 13, 2019
    Activision should be ashamed of themselves for adding microtransactions post-launch after all the positive reviews have been released. They've banked on goodwill that was falsely earned and have engaged in false advertising. It's awful to see this happen to my most favourite kart racer, but this is a disgusting monetary greedy action we shouldn't stand for. Please do not buy this game.
  20. Aug 12, 2019
    This game was excellent in all areas... for about two months. Now it's riddled with microtransactions when in no way did it need it.

Beenox remade a fantastic game, it's new and fresh but also faithful to the original game. Activison have decided to just destroy all that with this mictrotransaction decision.

F*** off you greedy bastards
  21. Aug 12, 2019
    Activision are complete scumbags for adding microtransactions to the game after all the positive press DO NOT support this company by spending money on the scummy microtransactions
  22. Aug 11, 2019
    Microtransactions made me not purchase I was disappointed this is what classic games are turning into
  23. Aug 11, 2019
    Flipp Activision and their shady, scummy, retarded micro-transactions which they bring a few months after the initial reviews come. I am giving it as low of a score as it gets. Beeanox made a good remake but Activision is Activision, they have to screw everything up...
  24. Aug 9, 2019
    Activision Blizzard had previously said the game would not have microtransactions. She lied to her buyers and included a month after the game was released. A shame!
  25. Aug 9, 2019
    Fantastic game, but I cannot support predatory practices and shoving micro transactions into a remake of a twenty year old game. It’s honestly disgusting that Activision would do such a thing, and previously my rating for this would have been a 9. It’s a shame corporate greed has ruined a once treasured franchise, and makes me worry for the future of Crash. Shame on you Activision....shame.
  26. Aug 8, 2019
    Let me start by saying that the boys at Beenox did an outstanding job at recreating this game from the ground up. So much care was put into the designs of the tracks and making the characters so much livelier. The game gets an A+ in that department. Sadly, to many gamers' dismay, Activision announced that they would be implementing micro-transactions in what was supposed to be a fun,Let me start by saying that the boys at Beenox did an outstanding job at recreating this game from the ground up. So much care was put into the designs of the tracks and making the characters so much livelier. The game gets an A+ in that department. Sadly, to many gamers' dismay, Activision announced that they would be implementing micro-transactions in what was supposed to be a fun, re-imagining of a fan-favorite classic. Also keep in mind that in a developer interview, it was CLEARLY stated this game would be free of micro-transactions. So the dev was either completely out of the loop or he was lying through his teeth. Activision is very crafty-they figured they could avoid negative press at launch by waiting until reviews come in before deciding to implement micro-transactions; thankfully, many of us have caught wind of this tactic and are calling them out on their bs.

Yes, I know that "Wumpa coins" can still be earned by grinding through the various game modes, but they are dispersed at a slow rate for offline users (I don't pay for PS plus, but apparently the coin dispersal amount is higher). And by the time you actually rack up enough coins, the costume/kart/character that you had your eye on will have most likely disappeared for the month since with the addition of the "grand prix", prizes are rotated every month. This means there is a higher chance desperate gamers will give in and whip out their credit cards.

The video game industry is undoubtedly the biggest it's ever been. And I get that developers work hard and deserve to get paid. But, microtransactions are just pure greed. You ARE NOT paying for new content. The data for the skins/weapons etc are in the game's files. At least some companies like Nintendo charge for DLC that's separate from the base game and that were developed after the game's release.

Ultimately, this game is a lot of fun and is a pretty solid kart racer to play with friends. But, when it comes to unlockables, this game is a total grindfest. Again, I hate to give this game a low score when most of it is done so well, but it's more about sending a message to Activision and any other money-milking company out there.
  27. Aug 8, 2019
    Microtransactions totally ruined this game for me. So scummy practices Activision...
  28. Aug 8, 2019
    I've only played CTR as a child and loved it. Is reviewing a remake you never played cheating? Yes. Is reviewing a functional game with a 0/10 cheating and plain mean? Also yes. But you know what? Adding microtransaction after release is the worst type of cheating, because you've lied to your customers directly, and indirectly by lying to the reviewers of your product. So don't come at meI've only played CTR as a child and loved it. Is reviewing a remake you never played cheating? Yes. Is reviewing a functional game with a 0/10 cheating and plain mean? Also yes. But you know what? Adding microtransaction after release is the worst type of cheating, because you've lied to your customers directly, and indirectly by lying to the reviewers of your product. So don't come at me with sanctimonious arguments - I will NEVER play this game, I will NEVER buy this game, and Activision can go eat wet garbage. This is so underhanded, so unethical, so completely sickening to cheat your customers, the reviewers and the ratings boards by microtransactions. Remember - GTA San Andreas was removed from shelves once its age rating changed. Why is Activision exempt from that? Expand
  29. Aug 8, 2019
    I'm so disappointed. This game is beautiful, amazingly crafted and feels so good to play. However the egregiously scummy, anti-consumer decision made by Activision to patch in microtransactions after lying and saying they wouldn't makes my skin crawl, and it's only a few weeks after release! Now there's no warnings on physical copies warning parents or those with issues surrounding impulseI'm so disappointed. This game is beautiful, amazingly crafted and feels so good to play. However the egregiously scummy, anti-consumer decision made by Activision to patch in microtransactions after lying and saying they wouldn't makes my skin crawl, and it's only a few weeks after release! Now there's no warnings on physical copies warning parents or those with issues surrounding impulse purchasing/gambling.

This sets a horrible precedent and should be regulated
  30. Aug 7, 2019
    You have already tainted your reputation Activision, do not add microtransactions, ESPECIALLY after the reviews have already come out. You have tainted this game, and as such, this game does not deserve a good rating.
  31. Jun 22, 2019
    En cuanto a bugs está al nivel de fallout 76...Tiene millones de bugs gravisimos, el juego te puede llegar a borrar la partida, te cambia de lugares en el podio, las pistas literalmente desaparecen, los corredores se hacen invisibles, la cámara se estanca, el modo online está de la mierda, los servidores se caen a cada segundo y te hace esperar como 5 minutos para una carrera de 3 minutos,En cuanto a bugs está al nivel de fallout 76...Tiene millones de bugs gravisimos, el juego te puede llegar a borrar la partida, te cambia de lugares en el podio, las pistas literalmente desaparecen, los corredores se hacen invisibles, la cámara se estanca, el modo online está de la mierda, los servidores se caen a cada segundo y te hace esperar como 5 minutos para una carrera de 3 minutos, el modo batalla no te deja escojer el tipo de batalla que quieres jugar... etc etc etc... el balance del juego también tiene cosas que pulir en cuanto a velocidad y a los objetos que obtienes de las cajas sin mencionar que es una vergüenza que el juego corra a 30 fps el día de hoy al igual que hace 20 años... Un juego tan roto como este debió ser puesto a prueba antes de salir al mercado porque así es simplemente una vergüenza. Expand
  32. Aug 6, 2019
    Activision: Let's implement Microtransactions after the good reviews.

Thanks for screw up this classic...
  33. Aug 5, 2019
    Trash grindy remake. Retroactively added garbage microtransactions. Do not support these business practices by buying products made by these companies.
  34. Aug 5, 2019
    Adding post review microtransactions is shady af the moment I saw it after updating I traded it in
  35. Aug 5, 2019
    Do not buy this game unless you wanna get **** in the ass by microtransactions and feed one of the most greedy disgusting companies in the world Activision
  36. Aug 5, 2019
    Sneaking in predatory microtransactions post-launch is one of the scummiest practices in the game industry. This game sold millions of copies on false pretenses. This kind of duplicitous bait-and-switch should be illegal.
  37. Aug 5, 2019
    Adding microtransactions to a remaster? No way, not activision :o. Game is a massive grind for coins to force you to spend real money. Another game ruined by activision
  38. Aug 5, 2019
    Disgustingly predatorial behavior to push lootboxes in such a grindy game AFTER all the reviews are out.
  39. Aug 5, 2019
    pice of $hit Activi$ion, puting macrotransactions after lunch,. f. you activi$ion and your $tupid greed
  40. Aug 3, 2019
    Even though they specifically promise not to do it, Activision has added microtransactions to their game. Crash team racing was a classic that has been remastered however they did the **** possible thing and added microtransactions I cannot describe how angry I am with this game.
  41. Aug 3, 2019
    They added in microtransactions post-launch, don't buy the game. I'm just adding more characters for the 75 min. Don't buy the game.
  42. Aug 3, 2019
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! This "game" is full of glitches like data corruption, lobbies crashing when hosts leave, tracks that don't work right, placement of racers getting jumbled after a race, etc. The whole point of the game is to win races to get coins to buy new racers, carts, and cosmetics. However, the coin payout is atrocious and gives you barely anything, soDO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! This "game" is full of glitches like data corruption, lobbies crashing when hosts leave, tracks that don't work right, placement of racers getting jumbled after a race, etc. The whole point of the game is to win races to get coins to buy new racers, carts, and cosmetics. However, the coin payout is atrocious and gives you barely anything, so the game becomes a boring, grindy slog to play through. You're also required to play online if you actually want to earn any too. Of course, instead of actually fixing the game, Activision decided it would be a good idea to add in greedy, predatory microtransactions after they said they wouldn't and the game somehow got good reviews despite being a broken mess. Total waste of $40!!! Save yourself the trouble and money, and go buy a better game!!! Expand
  43. Aug 3, 2019
    Large load times makes this wonderful game unenjoyable. I regret buying this game
  44. Aug 3, 2019
    Good game but it lost me with the microtransactions now, i am skeptic to buy the call of duty after this
  45. Aug 3, 2019
    Wow, activision promises no microtransactions, then adds them after reviews! They are literally the devil!!! Creating this account took me 2min. Take the time and create one too. Never forget what activision does! Downvote all their trash!
  46. Aug 3, 2019
    Adding microtransactions few weeks after release. Baited. Shame on you Activision. Shame. You promised not to do it.
  47. Aug 2, 2019
    This game somehow plays even worse then Mario Kart... the first one. I would think that after 20 years they might actually make Crash Team Racing a playable game, I guess I was wrong. I've tried to play a single stage so many times it would make DarkSydePhil blush. This game feels like a bad Mario Kart rip-off but instead of hilarious surprises you get angry groans from your character.This game somehow plays even worse then Mario Kart... the first one. I would think that after 20 years they might actually make Crash Team Racing a playable game, I guess I was wrong. I've tried to play a single stage so many times it would make DarkSydePhil blush. This game feels like a bad Mario Kart rip-off but instead of hilarious surprises you get angry groans from your character. Also it doesn't help to put microtransactions in a remake of a 20 year old game. Activision is easily becoming one of my most hated publishers/developers because of their sleazy business practices. Expand
  48. Aug 2, 2019
    They have added microtransactions in the game after launch. Not only they added greedy lootboxes, but they also lied about it to the customers.

Do not support this kind of shady practices.
  49. Aug 2, 2019
    Garbage remake filled with microtransactions made just to milk people wallets!
  50. Aug 2, 2019
    MTX grind fest game, latest from Activision, It's amazing how they keep doing this.
  51. Aug 2, 2019
    Do not buy! Grindfest designed to sell you micro transactions. Activision, the spineless scum, added this 1 month post release, though it was just as grindy before with it being bleedingly obviously MTX were on the way.
  52. Aug 2, 2019
    Good game ruined by Microtransactions shoved in post launch , avoid and beware of games from Activision in general.
  53. Aug 2, 2019
    Activision-Blizzard pulled a Blops4: they waited about a month to rack up goodwill reviews, then injected egregious, anti-consumer microtransactions after the overwhelming majority of people were done reviewing the game, and after promising not to add MTX. This is a long-standing pattern of behavior for them. NEVER trust an Activision-Blizzard product and their lies.
  54. Aug 2, 2019
    Scumbag Activision have added micro transactions when they promised they wouldn't. Scumbags!

Unlike the original have made the game a grind fest to force you to buy them.
  55. Aug 2, 2019
    Micro-transactions post launch, bussnesspractices that need to change. Otherwise a good game.
  56. Aug 2, 2019
    So, adding microtransactions even though you said you wouldn't. Really!? You keep lying to your users and that's not good.
  57. Aug 1, 2019
    for microtransatcions, witch love.. your conscience
    за микротранзакции, с любовью..
    ваша совесть
  58. Aug 1, 2019
    Microtransactions were added after game launch to inflate reviews and deceive buyers.
  59. Aug 1, 2019
    ACTIVISION Promised NO MICROTRANSACTIONS. Game was out for a month without any microtransactions, I bought it 1 day before they announced micro transactions.
    ABSOLUTE SCUMS
  60. Aug 1, 2019
    Screw off Activi$ion. Putting microtransactions into a game after the reviews have been published, yet again!
    I was hesitant to buy this after seeing what happened to black ops 4, but I thought, surely they won't put microtransactions in a remake of a 20 year old game... right?
    Don't buy this game, the new Modern Warfare, or any of their games until they stop this garbage practice.
  61. Aug 1, 2019
    They added microtransactions after promising not to, yeah f*ck off activision
  62. Aug 1, 2019
    Cucktivision implementing Microtransactions in a full priced game for content that should be in it from the beginning for the price tag, They should never be trusted with any upcoming titles.
  63. Aug 1, 2019
    Promised no microtransactions which is one of the main reasons I bought the game and I wake up to the game being raped with microtransactions. This was clearly done so it would get all the good reviews and love at the start to boost sales so they can rape the game in the name later of profit in hopes nobody updates the reviews.
  64. Aug 1, 2019
    A faithful recreation of a classic, burdened by a promise to not include microtransactions only to add them a month later in order to dodge game critics from lowering scored for it. Do not buy this game. Do not let publishers treat you like this.
  65. Aug 1, 2019
    This game said there would be no micro transaction and then later on added in micro transaction. False advertising.
  66. Aug 1, 2019
    I'm very sad. This game is amazing. It makes me relive the old days. But now, they are basically adding micro transactions to the game. Activision lied(again), telling the consumers that they wouldn't do this. It's pure fraud and they should be ashamed of themselves.

All in all, I can't recommend it to anyone anymore unless they remove these micro transactions.
  67. Aug 1, 2019
    Really a great remake, but they lied about adding micro transactions. That's why i give it a zero.
  68. Aug 1, 2019
    Classic Activision move, wait 4 weeks to add in microtransactions. Absolutley unbelievable, have some dignity for the fans.
  69. Aug 1, 2019
    Good game, but from awful company, which decide add micro transaction after game release. Don't buy it.
  70. Aug 1, 2019
    Nice and fun Racing game but since they added micro transactions i cant recommend this game any more
  71. Aug 1, 2019
    WOW! This remake is incredible. The driving is spot on and the sense of speed is great. Not only is this an absolutely brilliant remake, but it's also getting a bunch of free dlc starting July 3rd. We're going to get a new track each season which are actual new tracks and never seen before in previous games, as well as new characters and karts. Also the game is 100% microtransaction freeWOW! This remake is incredible. The driving is spot on and the sense of speed is great. Not only is this an absolutely brilliant remake, but it's also getting a bunch of free dlc starting July 3rd. We're going to get a new track each season which are actual new tracks and never seen before in previous games, as well as new characters and karts. Also the game is 100% microtransaction free if you're worried about that. If you played this game back in the day, it has been masterfully recreated and is more than worth the money. For newcomers who have never played it before, it is enough to rival the best mario kart games and in my opinion actually surpasses them.

Edit: Microtransactions are being added on August 2nd. Score has been dropped 8 points.
  72. Jul 31, 2019
    Added microtransactions post launch, unforgivable business practice that I cannot support. Do not buy this game.
  73. Jul 31, 2019
    Don't buy this game, they snuck in horrific microtransactions post launch, as Activision normally do.
  74. Jul 31, 2019
    You know, I thought that this game was great before. But now after they allowed 'Wumpa Coins' to be bought with real money? This game is perfect! Now I can finally relive my nostalgia while also spending real life currency on digital items that should be only earnable for those that worked for them. It's a dream come true.
  75. Jul 31, 2019
    Trash game full of microtransactions. To make it worse, Activision added the microtransactions AFTER professional reviews went live so that the reviewers would give this game an artificially inflated score.
  76. Jul 30, 2019
    Really well put together and a great remake. However, the game was designed from the ground up to be a grindfest unless you make a bunch of microtransactions to buy Wumpa coins, which really isn't appropriate for a full-price game marketed to children and nostalgia lovers. Very disappointing as it would be a contender for best game of 2019 without that but Activision just inflating theirReally well put together and a great remake. However, the game was designed from the ground up to be a grindfest unless you make a bunch of microtransactions to buy Wumpa coins, which really isn't appropriate for a full-price game marketed to children and nostalgia lovers. Very disappointing as it would be a contender for best game of 2019 without that but Activision just inflating their review scores artificially demonstrates that they know this is a reprehensible and predatory practice but choosing to do it anyway. I'll be returning my copy soon as feel completely missold on this. Expand
  77. Jul 27, 2019
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

- On regular difficulty the game is unfairly difficult and npc opponents will win because no matter what, they will move faster than you, they barely get fazed when getting hit with items,and when you get hit you will fall from 1st to 8th in a second. There is no fun in the challenge as you are playing a game that is unfairly rigged against you. - Easy difficulty
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

- Easy difficulty is pathetically easy and not fun.

-To access pit stop for upgrades you need to pay for PS online account.

-This Game is Broken.
  78. Jul 26, 2019
    Ok, CTR ist ein sehr guter Kart-Racer, keine Frage. Wenn man nur eine PS4 oder Xbox besitzt, kann man mit gutem Gewissen zugreiffen. Ich selbst habe das Spiel rund 40 Stunden gespielt und es hat Spass gemacht.

Im direkten Vergleich mit Mario Kart, verliert es aber leider ganz klar. Da ist zum einen die wesentlich schwächere Soundkulisse, die uninspirierten Charaktere, wohl hübsches aber oftmals auch etwas langweiliges Streckendesign, einfallslose Powerups und lediglich 30FPS, was ein no-go für ein Racing-Game sein sollte. Hervorzuheben ist die gut gemachte Singlekampagne und die durchaus schöne Grafik. Aufgepasst, ich schreibe hier vom Direktvergleich. Gäbe es Mario Kart nämlich nicht, könnte man dies ganz anders betrachten und zweifelsfrei wäre es das Kart-Game NO1. Allerdings muss das Spiel sich den Direktvergleich schon gefallen lassen, ist es doch mehr oder weniger eine 1:1 Kopie.

Meine uneingeschränkte Empfehlung hat jeder Sony- und XBOX Jünger.
    Switch-Besitzer greifen unbedingt zum Original.
  79. Jul 24, 2019
    I'm a fairly decent gamer, above casual. The medium setting for adventure mode is a tad bit ridiculous and doesnt make sense at times how much it favors the NPC. I wouldn't even want to see what hard is like. Glad I only rented the game and didnt waste my money.
  80. Jul 14, 2019
    Put a f...... Ranked online. Online sucks because of high level players mixed with beginers !!!
  81. Jun 30, 2019
    It seems like a joke, but the multiplayer mode has no matchmaking..........
  82. Jul 6, 2019
    "We have fixed the Save Corruption Glitch"
    Uh, no. You have not. Time Trial mode is STILL bugged and can corrupt your save, so I recommend staying away from Time Trials at the moment. I lost everything this morning, having earned N. Tropy 2 nights before, and now he is gone. Fix the game and I'll rate this higher.
  83. Jul 3, 2019
    At 30fps and with some decent physics this is an almost worthy take on the highly successful Mario Kart series.
  84. Jun 26, 2019
    Nostalgic garbage, Toxic community who can't get past something that hasn't aged well. If you're a fan who grew up and loved it you'll defend and love this till the day you die.

New comers beware because this learning curve is deep, and difficulty is laughable, this isn't your typical (WAH GAME TOO HARD) nah man when you play you'll understand. This isn't a family game this for the hard core crowd who invest hours just to learn how to play the game "decently" because anyone else just got no skill apparently and is trash for not enjoying trial and error for hours.

Get Mario Kart or Team Sonic Racing instead unless you enjoy explaining how to play for hours while watching your friends rage than go ahead.
  85. Jun 24, 2019
    Those who are used to smooth 60fps from Mario kart 8, sonic team racing will hate playing this game at 30fps.
  86. Jun 24, 2019
    This game is honestly the worst game i've ever **** played. For a kart racer it's a spin off of mario as most things of the genre tend to be. It has the most god awful controls i've ever experienced in a game and the drift mechanic is dreadful. Needs customizable controls rather than two **** layouts. Not worth the money at all, go get a wii and mario kart and you'll have 10x moreThis game is honestly the worst game i've ever **** played. For a kart racer it's a spin off of mario as most things of the genre tend to be. It has the most god awful controls i've ever experienced in a game and the drift mechanic is dreadful. Needs customizable controls rather than two **** layouts. Not worth the money at all, go get a wii and mario kart and you'll have 10x more enjoyment than on this game. Expand
  87. Jun 24, 2019
    Overhyped game. Graphics are ok. The rest is just bad:
    Overhyped game. Graphics are ok. The rest is just bad:
    Driving, especially drifting mechanics are unintuitive - just straight bad, to start sliding you need to hop and hold drift button, which usually ends on the wall. And even if you manage to drift AI enemies will speed past you because of idiotic handicap - even if you drive faster kart and drift they magically end in front of you - and thats on normal. I spent a lot of time playing Mario Kart and am quite good at it, won with gold all of the hardest races, but in here I struggle hard to win second story (!) race, I ended on 2nd or 3rd place almost 20 times before I managed to win - I was so mad, that if I hadnt bought digital version I would take it straight back to the store. If you have bad start you can insta-restart the race because there are literally 0 chance to win.
    Well A.I. races aside, I bought it to play it with my wife online - another surprise - You can't! There is only local split-screen, but if You want online You have to do it solo - I wasnt aware of it, so if Youre like me - dont buy it. I had countless hours of fun playing split screen online in mario kart on switch, so I was sure that it will be the thing in a game for PS4, but sadly not an option.
    Besides, tracks are visually nice but quite boring, and the music is awfull.
    So yeah, if You only own Playstation You can say its better than Mario Kart (which is quite dumb, ppl write CTR > MK but obviously didnt play MK so where does this comparision come from?), but if Youre like me and own both platforms, then sorry but Mario Kart is way better.
    I wasnt hyped for it and I didnt play the original so no nostalgia factor in my case. And dont get me started about the time when I read about "nintendo fanboys" from a guy wih "GodPlaystation" nickname... I actually like playing games, doesnt matter on what system - I own them all (except xbox, I have good PC :P). This game feels like copy-paste from MK, but just a bit inferior in almost every way, which resulted in huge disapointment because I bought it from impulse of seeing all those optimistic reviews.
  88. Jun 24, 2019
    Not a good game at all. Bad gameplay, bad textures, not even a good remaster. Not worthy more than $10. Wait for a sale.
  89. Jun 22, 2019
    It's a bad copy of mario kart and didy kong racing every thing took from these to games shame on you Activision
  90. Jun 23, 2019
    Online broken and unplayable,
    - cant see your opponent as they teleport around
    - items are invisible
    - game will say you coming 1st and not register opponents times
    - freezes your ps4
    - get kicked from lobbies
    - lobbies cant connect.
  91. Jun 21, 2019
    Game very overrated in its day and it was a mediocrity and a copy of Diddy Kong Racing
    Pros
    Nothing
    Contra
    30 fps in 2019 & characters without charisma

1. Aug 20, 2019
    Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled is just about perfect at what it’s trying to do. The redone adventure mode is a blast minus the grind required to get coins to unlock stuff, and the core gameplay has been refined. This results in the best-playing Crash racing game ever and yet another top-shelf kart racer. Right now, the genre is as big as it’s been in 20 years, with Sonic, Mario, and Crash all competing at stores and the best thing for players is that you can’t go wrong with any of them. Crash offers up a tremendous game overall and it’s definitely an experience I would put above Team Sonic Racing, but ever so slightly behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
  2. Aug 13, 2019
    Crash Bandicoot and company return to the track driving their karts, now completely remodeled and ready to compete in the current generation of consoles. A title a little demanding but very beautiful, totally recommended to play with friends and relive those wonderful moments of our childhood.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Aug 2, 2019
    Nominally it’s a remake of the very first Crash Bandicoot racing game, but there’s plethora of content from its sequels, including characters and race tracks. [Issue#239, p.70]