7.7

1. May 26, 2018
    It's saddening to see how many Dark Souls fans give this game a free pass, just because it's "the one and only original", instead of warning potential players about the issues this "Remaster" has.

For all new players out there: Dark Souls originally came out in 2011, so be prepared to play a game that lacks any of the quality of life improvements that have been made in the last years. It's a "raw experience", that will feel clunky if you are not used to how the game played in 2011.

I'm a long time fan of the series, and just wanted to play Dark Souls again with a higher frame rate. This game, however, has serious problems with it's controls. There is an undeniable delay at times, which leads to button presses taking up to second to be realized. This single issue alone makes the game almost unplayable to me. Hopefully, this will be fixed asap.

Let's face it, this version of the game is a cash grab, plain and simple. It's great that Fromsoft gives new players a chance to now "experience" the whole series on current generation consoles, but considering remastered version of games like "Shadow of the Colossus", the remaster of Dark Souls seems laughable at best.
  2. May 25, 2018
    This isn't necessarily for old players. This port is mostly for the ones who only played Bloodborne and/or Dark Souls 3. At least we don't have to witness the disaster of Blighttown anymore. I'm honestly happy they remastered it cause my PC is not good for gaming and my PS3 is dead.
  3. May 25, 2018
    Too many people are using the excuse 'this is for new players' to defend this disgusting 'remaster'. Most remasters are FOR new players, but that does NOT mean that no work should be put in. This is a 7 year old game for $40 with very minimal changes. This is coming from someone who feels Dark Souls is one of the best games ever made and one of my personal favorites, this 'remaster' is aToo many people are using the excuse 'this is for new players' to defend this disgusting 'remaster'. Most remasters are FOR new players, but that does NOT mean that no work should be put in. This is a 7 year old game for $40 with very minimal changes. This is coming from someone who feels Dark Souls is one of the best games ever made and one of my personal favorites, this 'remaster' is a disgusting lazy cash grab that they KNOW people will buy because it is Dark Souls. That's not OK, and all supporting this port will do is show other publishers that it is OK to release old games almost exactly the same as they were originally and able them as remasters. Now I'm not expecting a remake and complete redesign of the game, but let's compare this remaster to another remaster. Skyrim SE, a game that got a LOT of hate yet was a better remaster by far. It made the game look MUCH better on console that the original did, with fairly substantial graphical updates, something DSR has not done. AND it brought mods to console, something which very few games has done. Now look at DSR, it's Dark Souls, but you can pop multiple souls at once, and roll on O. Oh and moving ivy. It gets 1 point because it's an amazing game, and 1 point because it's not full price ,(however $40 is still far too muc,) please don't support this game so this doesn't happen in the future. just because it's Dark Souls does NOT mean it's good. Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2018
    Im playing this game as someone who has over 200hrs in Bloodborne and beat the core game of DS3 but not Ringed City or Ashes of Ariendel...

Dark Souls aged like a corpse and not like a wine. I can appreciate the foundations that it brought to its successors but the game its self is just not the masterpiece the kool-aid drinking fanboys want the world to believe. Getting caught on the environment corners while getting pegged by enemies are not assets of a world breaking classic. Cheesing a dragon by shooting at its tail to move forward does not make me as a player think "wow this is top tier enemy design". Clunky combat, spamming backstabs, and poorly "remastered textures" that look like a copy paste of 2012 without polishing all of the above stated makes me feel like I just flushed $40 down the abyss with Artorious and the rest. I know people see Demons Souls as the unpolished "Deer Hunter" to the Dark Souls "Silence of the Lambs" but lets be honest, the Soulsborne archetype gets gud with Bloodborne, when we all aren't hiding behind our shields and spamming and cheating a game that will cheat you with cheap deaths, when combat is fluid and exhilarating and defeating bosses feels rewarding rather than just a feeling of relief to be done with it all.
  5. Apr 1, 2019
    easy and short game. and the remaster is not bad ,no worse. I can't say anything more....
  6. Jul 31, 2018
    Darksouls remastered on PS4 is a phenomenal game. I have had the pleasure of playing it fresh for the first time as a latecomer to the series.

I started with Bloodborne when it first released, then Played Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the first sin, Demon Souls and lastly Darksouls Remastered. Darksouls RM took a bit of getting used to since there is no bonfire warping until

Darksouls RM took a bit of getting used to since there is no bonfire warping until much later in the game, at first I found it frustrating until it dawned on me that the entire game was intricately linked in possibly the best game design I’ve ever seen.

The world of DS1 has always been fascinating, macabre yet beautiful and DS1 clearly set the series standards highly from the offset. DS1 more than ever invites the player to explore and develop an intimate relationship with the game world. As you can’t simply get past an area, save at the bonfire then warp straight back skipping the in-between, you find that familiarity leads to discovery and small details you may not have previously noticed become obvious.

Graphically the game looks stunning in places (Anor Londo) and utterly terrible in others (Demon Ruins). Which is a shame because the two mentioned areas are worlds apart. Anor Londo looks neat and sharp with breath-taking vistas, giant gothic buildings and a sky straight out of a painting. The Demon Ruins however looks like a really bad ps2 game. Although this didn’t ruin the experience, it did at the time brake the emersion and I found my self hurrying through the ruins to get back to the better part of the game.

Combat is as perfect as ever, the new 60 fps seemed to make combat flawless which is imperative during some of the more difficult boss fights. Although the combat is more slow and methodical than say Bloodborne or DS3 it still works nicely and I never felt I died because of anything other than my skill level.

The sound contributes to the ambience of the game well. The game mainly uses sound effects over music when grinding through the levels but it adds to the sense of despair. This clever bit of design makes the player rely on their ears to help progress through the game. Hearing a guttural moan break through the silence in a dungeon gives a hint that something will be lurking ahead. But the game is far from quiet, it’s filled with sound effects that bring the world alive, the clashing of metal as you battle, the thuds of weapons smashing against shields, the sound of cracking bones as you walk on top of the dead in the catacombs keep the player fully immersed. When the sound of music finally breaks through, it is used to perfection. The calming tune played as you rest at a bonfire, the epic boss music signalling the game is really going to ramp up or the haunting symphony played when you meet the Sun Goddess after fighting the series most challenging bosses really creates the feeling of accomplishment as well as a small respite before jumping back into the madness.

The remaster also comes with the DLC that is complete with 4 more bosses, a number of DLC weapons and spells and a PVP arena. The DLC is as well-crafted and adds more to the DS lore as well as providing some brilliant and unique locations.

I thoroughly enjoyed DS remaster. It isn’t perfect but is still one of the best games of recent years and should be appreciated for what it achieved and along with Demon Souls shaped the Souls-like genre that has inspired many more similar games.
  7. Jun 23, 2018
    Im ok with the remaster, since i had only played the ps3 version this is really an upgrade, aside from way better graphics, the framerate is solid at 60fps in my old ps4, so im quite happy to buy it even if i already had it
  8. Sep 26, 2018
    Deutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. RegelnDeutsche Review - Kritik Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden? Dann sind hier meine Punkte. Mein persönlicher Score = 8/100 Mein User Score = 85/10 Expand
  9. Aug 28, 2018
    The souls series are one of my favourite series perhaps my most favourite series. I have played DS3 and Bloodborne before this. Sure most people say this is a lazy remaster but it gave people on ps4 and Xbox one to experience one of the best games there is. Though it might do not change too much from the original, it fixed Blighttown's fps problems and changed it to 60 fps (which isThe souls series are one of my favourite series perhaps my most favourite series. I have played DS3 and Bloodborne before this. Sure most people say this is a lazy remaster but it gave people on ps4 and Xbox one to experience one of the best games there is. Though it might do not change too much from the original, it fixed Blighttown's fps problems and changed it to 60 fps (which is important in a game like this). It fixed the lava texture and allowed for 6 multiplayer support and 1080p. It also comes with the DLC. It did change enough, in my opinion, to be totally worth it on ps4 and Xbox one. Not worth it on pc though. Expand
  10. Jun 24, 2018
    I enjoyed this remaster. Dark Souls is the first game in the souls series that I played, so I was excited to see it being re-released for the current consoles, even if the improvements were minimal. Thankfully, the same game remains, and the minor enhancements are very welcome, which makes it impossible to score this game poorly.
    Dark Souls is a fantastic game, with the first half being
    Dark Souls is a fantastic game, with the first half being potentially one of the best video game experiences of all time. Ridiculously good level design, addicting gameplay, satisfying challenge, and a sense of discovery are all at a serious high. I sometimes stick around the early areas of the game, fighting through the area enemies and bosses over and over just because it's so fun and engrossing.
    The second half takes a noticeable dip in fun and quality, but is still ultimately enjoyable and interesting thanks to the base mechanics and lore.
    This remaster, in my opinion, genuinely upgrades the texture quality quite consistently throughout the whole game. I was legitimately impressed by how much more detailed, clear, and sharp some of the visuals were, especially on the bosses and magic effects. There were also minor tweaks to things such as menu traversal that cut out minor annoyances, and a significant improvement to the framerate, which is rad.
    In the end, I find it hard to be mad at this game. It took an amazing game and made it slightly better with a rather decent buying price.
  11. Jul 7, 2018
    I don't understand the hate this game got it is an excellent port that does everything you would expect from a port.
  12. Oct 28, 2019
    It is one of the best games i ever played and one of the hardest too,what i love. The game is very balanced and is a dream for these who played Dark Souls 3.
  13. Jun 22, 2020
    El origen de la leyenda. Para los jugadores que nos iniciamos en el mundo Souls con Bloodborne un placer de jugarlo remasterizado en ps4. Épicos e inolvidables combates, imprescindible.
  14. Oct 25, 2020
    The first playthrough is frustratingly cryptic and not in a fun way and some bonfire placements are completely idiotic but beyond that Dark Souls 1 is a fantastic and highly replayable game that everyone should experience at some point
  15. Oct 2, 2018
    The laziest, greediest and most cynical remaster I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's a remaster of the most glorious game ever made. Over the years the community gathered a huge pile of ideas how to improve the game, how to make an "Ultimate Edition". Bamco included only a handful of these ideas and this remaster is far, far from ultimate. In fact the changes are barely perceptible. I couldThe laziest, greediest and most cynical remaster I've ever seen. Unfortunately it's a remaster of the most glorious game ever made. Over the years the community gathered a huge pile of ideas how to improve the game, how to make an "Ultimate Edition". Bamco included only a handful of these ideas and this remaster is far, far from ultimate. In fact the changes are barely perceptible. I could safely ignore this abomination if I knew we'll get a true remaster in the future. But if it turns out this is the only remaster of Dark Souls we'll ever get, I'll hate Bamco beyond my grave. Expand
  16. Oct 26, 2018
    Dark Souls Remastered is a missed opportunity to spruce up the most beloved title in the Souls series. While it was exciting to take a trip back to Lordran, it's less of a Remaster and more of a port. If you're looking for Dark Souls 1 on modern consoles, this is for you. If you're looking for a new experience out of Dark Souls 1, this may not be for you.

Still a solid title, but

Still a solid title, but mislabeled as something that it doesn't really feel like.
  17. May 28, 2018
    For the people whining. You're not forced to buy the game. Don't like it, don't buy it. I happen to really appreciate this remaster being a PS4 owner. I have long since sold my PS3, and have been wanting to return to Dark Souls again for quite some time, so this release really is great for me. Also, having the Pro allows me to enjoy the game in 4k glory, with the upscale in textures andFor the people whining. You're not forced to buy the game. Don't like it, don't buy it. I happen to really appreciate this remaster being a PS4 owner. I have long since sold my PS3, and have been wanting to return to Dark Souls again for quite some time, so this release really is great for me. Also, having the Pro allows me to enjoy the game in 4k glory, with the upscale in textures and resolution.

Together with a few QoL upgrades, I'm able to once again fully enjoy this fantastic title, and relive some of my most memorable gaming experiences..... All whilst dying...... A lot.

For those of you that are newcomers to Dark Souls, enjoy the experience. It's definitely one worth investing in. Ignore the naysayers and "Cash cow" cynics, this game is still very much worth the price tag, if not just for the masterfully crafted gameplay, and atmosphere.

A solid 8/10. I only took two points off. 1 for not fixing some bugs that should of definitely been fixed from the original, including some horrible new graphical and audio glitches that weren't in the original. The second point reduction for not adding additional trophies for the DLC (which has been included as a whole packaged title. Wouldn't of been hard to add this in, especially for just a remaster).
  18. May 25, 2018
    Dark Souls Remastered is an enhanced port of a great game that defined a whole genre.

The first Dark Souls game is easily my favorite of the series, even though its technology hasn't the same quality as that of Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, but the experience is what matters the most. Dark Souls features a great combat system, a rewarding challenge, many memorable enemies and bosses, an eerie atmosphere coupled with a fitting soundtrack, and an impeccable world design with multiple branches leading to various locales. Here you'll battle one of the most notorious bosses of all time, the duo of Smough and Ornstein. All is good, then. So why are some people lamenting this release?

FROM Software decided not to invest too much effort in this project, so Dark Souls Remastered has only received a few upgrades thanks to the power of the current gen consoles. Now it renders at 1080p on PS4 and 1800p on PS4 Pro (previously it was 720p), features slightly higher resolution textures, runs at a stable 60 fps (previously it struggled to even keep at 30 fps), the online mode has been expanded supporting up to 6 players at the same time (previously it was limited to 4), but nothing more. There are no greatly enhanced graphics or repositioned enemies like Dark Souls 2's Scholar of the First Sin Edition compared to the original release. But then again, it's a low budget project. If people expected a from-the-ground-up remake like Shadow of the Colossus on PS4, sorry, but I'm afraid you were expecting too much from this remaster. Yes, FROM Software could have done more to enhance this remaster, but even then this game is still a great joy to play.

Dark Souls Remastered is a great way to experience a classic game, either for the first time or coming back to it again. But people who have played the game to death years ago and have moved on since, they will find nothing here worth to return for.
  19. May 28, 2018
    **Giving it a 10 to offset the nonsensical 6.1 i am seeing**

**Giving it a 10 to offset the nonsensical 6.1 i am seeing**

DS ReM is a fantastic game. Let's be real here, if anyone bought this game with the intention of throwing out your PS3 and your original copy then that's just retarded. You bought this game because you support 'From Software' as a developer and you want to be able to play with updated graphics and be on the same console as your friends and be able to talk to them in a party and have access to your current consoles' home screen. That's it. They enhanced multiplayer enough, and they updated the graphics...that's all that's needed. That's what you expected when you purchased it, and they delivered.

Some peeps are going into the nitty gritty of the graphics and the this and that and this bug wasn't fixed....please bro. It's Dark Souls. You love it...I love it. I'm happy that people who haven't had the time to go back or didn't start on DS are able to play the first one which got us all hooked on this game and its style. This game is absolutely fantastic. If you have an evening to yourself, turn the lights off, grab some beers, turn the volume up, and start a character in the best game ever. Money worth it? Of course.
  20. May 26, 2018
    It's maybe my 5th or 6th play through. The game itself is still amazing. The remastered visual looks way better than the original on consoles. It's the best way to jump into this series for new players. However, issues that summon failed still bothers me. If the developers had fixed all the issues, I would have given it a 10.
  21. Jun 24, 2018
    As a guy who would credit DaS as the game that singularly reignited my love of video gaming, it's hard to see it prostituted for a quick buck in such a lazy and disrespectful manner.

1. It looks worse. The textures are bland, dull and plasticy. The original game was grainy and weathered in such a beautifully rustic and authentic way. It had charm/atmosphere for days. But, all this dark beauty has been downgraded for lifeless, washed out visuals to save on CPU, maybe. I hope so, because if this WAS an artistic choice then they really **** up. Big time. The armour, shields especially look more like toys you'd use with a little miniture figureen you'd play with as a kid. It looks that bad. Really dissapointed. A few torches and some weeds that sway about a bit are o consolation for what it's taken away.

2. The price is astronomically high for what is a remaster with more cons than pros. You're getting very little for 35 pounds if you're a veteran,  especially. If you are a newbie then you won't know you're being stiffed. But I'll just say this to any newbs reading this now: get an old Xbox 360, download it or get the original on disk and play that. You'll save cash and you'll experience the clunky, yet beautiful original as it was without getting **** in the arse. Suffer through its flaws, because nothing beats your first run of this masterpiece. Don't spoil all its charm by shelling out for a shiny, superficial facimile of a masterpiece. Put up with **** framerate here and there and just go for it.

3. From/Bandai/Industry reviewers should all be ashamed of themselves for selling us this **** But, they're all bound by one motivating factor: money. You're money, to be precise! I spent mine so you don't have to. Follow step 2 to avoid feeding this mockery of an industry practice. Folks saying "don't buy it if you don't like it". Well, genius, I bought to see what it was like. Now, I got to see it for my damn self I can hate on it and pre-warn others as to its lack of true value.
  22. May 25, 2018
    Great remaster. Compared to ds2 remaster, it’s much cleaner. Visuals have a soft inviting look, and the subtle motion blur is really nice. I bought ds2 remastered for $12 so I was a little wary here, but it was $40 well spent. Note that I’ve played all souls borne games EXCEPT this one— so this review is catered toward someone like me looking for a first play through of a beloved series.
  23. May 31, 2018
    I have been playing Dark Souls since the first game and my first experience was shock and awe on how beautiful the game was at the time though fps was an issue Dark Souls was an amazing game... then a few months ago I heard they were remastering one of my most favourite games of all time and then when it released, I bought it I played it until I finally finished it... It was a massiveI have been playing Dark Souls since the first game and my first experience was shock and awe on how beautiful the game was at the time though fps was an issue Dark Souls was an amazing game... then a few months ago I heard they were remastering one of my most favourite games of all time and then when it released, I bought it I played it until I finally finished it... It was a massive disappointment, The graphics were barely updated, 60 fps is good but not a big enough change for me to care other than blighttown no longer being negative three fps that was good, however the game didn't change enough for me to be to interested in doing everything again it was just so over hyped and not really worth the price tag at all, it's original intended audience was newer players to the franchise whether they started on Bloodborne or DS3/DS2 and of course the veterans that wanted to experience this amazing game again, but it turned out that it was more tuned to players who are new to the series who never experienced the better gameplay and in general game compared to the others (especially Dark Souls 2) I finished this game and noticed something not sure whether it was because before I got Dark Souls Remastered it had been awhile since I played Dark Souls but common enemies seem harder to deal with now but the bosses seem so much easier, seriously I'll run down how many deaths I had to each boss (yes I counted)
    Gargoyles: 2 Deaths, Quelaag: 0 deaths, Capra Demon: 0 Deaths, Taurus Demon: 0 deaths, Iron golem: 0 deaths, O&S: 2 deaths, Four Kings: 1 death, Nito: 0 deaths, BoC: 0 deaths, Seath: 1 death (not including purposeful death), Sanctuary Guardian: 0 deaths, Artorias: 2 deaths, Manus: 0 deaths, Kalameet: 1 death (not including Purposeful death), Priscilla: 0 deaths and to finish it off Gwyn: 1 death... That is my honest and hopefully well written opinion to summarise New players definitely check the game out but veterans please don't get it unless you want to I can't stop you...
  24. Jun 1, 2018
    This game used to be my favorite game of all time but I had a feeling that it would feel old and unresponsive (but I still bought it hehe). It is as it says, remastered, but this doesn't mean that it feels like the first year I played it. if you haven't bought this game... my recomendation is DONT. Its a really old game for $40 bucks. Maybe when it's $19.99 it will be worth it.

Its

Its probably a 7 for fans and a 5-6 for new comers but I'm giving it a 0 because I feel that $40 bucks is a d!#%c move.
  25. Jun 7, 2018
    I never played the original Dark Souls, which means I'm judging this game purely as a game and not as a remaster. This game is amazing and if you havn't played it you should definitely check it out
  26. May 30, 2018
    You Died. Now experience your death a thousand times over in fancy textures and fantastic scenery!
  27. May 25, 2018
    Do not hear the haters, this game as a remaster is wonderful, I'm enjoying every bit of my new experience on the first DS, if you are new, this is the best way, if you played it before, this is the best way to play it.
  28. May 25, 2018
    blighttown + 60 fps
    Dedicated servers
    Better textures
    Solaire in 4K
    blighttown + 60 fps
  29. May 25, 2018
    LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REMASTER AND REMAKE PLEASE. If you expected anything more than smoothed out lighting, frame rate optimization and multiplayer tweaks you're delusional or don't understand what a "remaster" is. It's as simple as that.
  30. May 27, 2018
    It's not a remaster, it's just a port with almost full price. Shame. Look at the shadow of the colossus, it's remake, looks awesome and like modern game and it's even cheaper.
  31. Jun 22, 2018
    For anyone who wasn’t sure, remaster means, “hey look we want your money with minimal effort and expenditure”. Of course the majority of the programmed drone gaming community fall for it every time. This is just another pathetic cash grabber, aimed at the loyal yet brain dead fans of yet another classic game, that should’ve been just left in a by gone era. Put this in the trash can, withFor anyone who wasn’t sure, remaster means, “hey look we want your money with minimal effort and expenditure”. Of course the majority of the programmed drone gaming community fall for it every time. This is just another pathetic cash grabber, aimed at the loyal yet brain dead fans of yet another classic game, that should’ve been just left in a by gone era. Put this in the trash can, with other classic cash grab remastered rubbish like, Skyrim and Shadow of the Colossus, to name a couple, if you’re going to buy these rip offs, just wait 6 months, for the 70% of sale when it’s somwwhat worth it. Don’t pay full price to these parasite devs and publishers. Expand
  32. Jul 12, 2018
    Laziest remaster i ever seen. Сomplete rip of on fan's feelings. Just compare with the Shadow of Collosus for the same price! Full remake vs 1080р and 60 fps LOL
  33. May 29, 2018
    It's dark souls with 60 fps, slightly better textures, improved netcode, and a few other minor tweaks for 40 bucks. People really want to call this a cash grab, but that's just not the case. This is a much better way to play souls than booting up a ps3 and suffering through sub 30 frame rates. Trust me, I booted up my ps3 a few weeks ago in anticipation of the remaster and was reallyIt's dark souls with 60 fps, slightly better textures, improved netcode, and a few other minor tweaks for 40 bucks. People really want to call this a cash grab, but that's just not the case. This is a much better way to play souls than booting up a ps3 and suffering through sub 30 frame rates. Trust me, I booted up my ps3 a few weeks ago in anticipation of the remaster and was really surprised at how poorly the graphics have aged. Don't listen to the people who had ridiculously high expectations, or the angry neck beards who whine about silly pvp exploits not being addressed. Expand
  34. Aug 19, 2018
    I compared the ps4 remaster to my ps3 version first hand on my tv switching between the two versions. The remaster is atrocious looking and is literally missing textures.

Sure, the remaster It's 60 fps but they washed out the details and lighting. The frame rate now drops in areas it never dropped before like certain boss fights. It's UGLY. Everything looks sanded down. Such an amazing bummer as this is one of my favorite games of all time. A seriously botched job.
  35. Jun 8, 2018
    This game means a lot: not only is the game the pioneer of this genre, but also the foundation of later games such as Bloodborne and Nioh. If you didn't play the original Dark Souls in 2011, then you should definitely play the remastered version of the original, which is a classic in many players' opinion.
  36. May 29, 2018
    Can't be even considered a remaster.
    On computer DS-fix did the same for free and on day one.
    They put so little effort in this remaster that its full price it's just ridiculous.
  37. May 29, 2018
    Utterly Lazy cash grab with almost no effort put in, washed out textures, visual downgrades sacrifices that were not needed sacrifices for running at 60 fps in this day and age. Forcing owners of prepare to die edition to spend $20 in order to use multiplayer features is disgusting. Bandai Namco are milking a minor touch up of a beloved classic and they should be ashamed.
  38. May 25, 2018
    As a remaster, this game is wonderful. Maybe you missed darksouls when it was out on the old consoles. Maybe it was too difficult back then, or maybe you didnt have the time to play. Well, now you have the chance to dive in to this beautiful world with great gameplay. If you expected a totally new IP, or Horizon-like graphics, or DS4, then you might be a little bit disappointed, but comeAs a remaster, this game is wonderful. Maybe you missed darksouls when it was out on the old consoles. Maybe it was too difficult back then, or maybe you didnt have the time to play. Well, now you have the chance to dive in to this beautiful world with great gameplay. If you expected a totally new IP, or Horizon-like graphics, or DS4, then you might be a little bit disappointed, but come on... get over it, and don't be such a "punisher" giving low scores. Expand
  39. May 25, 2018
    Ignore the haters. If you love or even just like this game, buy it. Period.
  40. May 25, 2018
    Gran juego remasterizado, hacia falta una nueva imagen. Entretenido,dificil y audaz . Solo para Hardcores en videojuegos.
  41. May 26, 2018
    Skyrim: i'm the worst remaster ever made
    Dark souls: hold my beer

I'm giving this a 5 just because its dark souls
  42. May 26, 2018
    Remastered? I Feeling just HD. Because I was attracted to the dark soul that was remade. As a result, I was disappointed with this game.
  43. May 27, 2018
    The game itself is perfect. Remastered as in time, much has been corrected, which gives new sensations from the game. But the ideal of this version is far.
  44. May 30, 2018
    There is no substantial improvement over the original. It is dark souls all over again and I love it. The best game in history for me. You'll always walk alone and find new things to do and interesting challenges to take. The world look more beautiful than ever and you will die as you expected. If you liked original DS or you never tasted its dispair, come along, we have a place for you inThere is no substantial improvement over the original. It is dark souls all over again and I love it. The best game in history for me. You'll always walk alone and find new things to do and interesting challenges to take. The world look more beautiful than ever and you will die as you expected. If you liked original DS or you never tasted its dispair, come along, we have a place for you in Lordran. Expand
  45. May 26, 2018
    Are you kidding? The same game with even worse graphics for the same price and with same bugs? How much time did developers spent on this "remaster" that should be called port? 3 nights? Trash! Shame on greedy developers. (the original game is masterpiece)
  46. May 26, 2018
    Lo recomiendo para los veteranos que buscan jugar on-line y los nuevos o incluso los que no pudieron jugar a el DLC que es de lo mejorcito
  47. Jun 4, 2018
    I cant say anything positive about dark souls, and i dont know why 1 people would this rate 10 out of 10. this game is absolutly **** in its "balancing". i play almost every RPG, but this is too much of a bad joke. its not even hard to hit a an enemy or something else, its cuz of you get fired and attacked from all sides, it just feel "unfair" und i dont have any fun with it. i know if imI cant say anything positive about dark souls, and i dont know why 1 people would this rate 10 out of 10. this game is absolutly **** in its "balancing". i play almost every RPG, but this is too much of a bad joke. its not even hard to hit a an enemy or something else, its cuz of you get fired and attacked from all sides, it just feel "unfair" und i dont have any fun with it. i know if im bad, but this is not the case i try hard everything but this is the most ridiciouless game design ive ever seen.
    To be honest, dark souls 3 is better in any case and i had lots of more fun.. and ye what should i say? thats why i play games, to have fun.
  48. May 30, 2018
    The only problem with this remaster is it's price. If you are not going to put an effort in updating graphics, controls, maybe something more, then just make an adequate price tag. This remaster is being sold for 40€. Just for comparison, God of War is 60€, which is a completely new, current gen game. For even more comparison, there is Shadow Of The Colossus remake with modern graphics,The only problem with this remaster is it's price. If you are not going to put an effort in updating graphics, controls, maybe something more, then just make an adequate price tag. This remaster is being sold for 40€. Just for comparison, God of War is 60€, which is a completely new, current gen game. For even more comparison, there is Shadow Of The Colossus remake with modern graphics, updated controls and even some new minor locations and items. For 30€.
    What can DS remaster offer? 60fps? It would be ridiculous if 8 years old game would not run at 60 on the new hardware. 4K? Again, it's an 8 years old game from the past gen. Online? They should have fixed that for free 8 years ago. Updated visuals? Nope (I don't think some minor lightning changes and slitghly better textures should be even listed here as a feature). Bugs? C'mon, this remaster even contains the bugs from the original game. So... 40€ for what?
    P.S. Dark Souls as a game itself is a great game (at least 9/10), one of my favorites.
  49. Jul 1, 2018
    I would give this a 7, maybe even an 8 or a 9 if everything was done well and PVP worked but as the developers need to get the message that a "remaster" of this poor quality is unacceptable, especially at this price point when we are getting remasters like Crash and spyro TRILOGIES for cheaper or the fantastic Shadow of the collosus which are remastered properly and now just graphicalI would give this a 7, maybe even an 8 or a 9 if everything was done well and PVP worked but as the developers need to get the message that a "remaster" of this poor quality is unacceptable, especially at this price point when we are getting remasters like Crash and spyro TRILOGIES for cheaper or the fantastic Shadow of the collosus which are remastered properly and now just graphical updates but game changing improvements over the originals. I don't expect Darksouls to be done that well but I do expect it to be above a noticeable level, particularly so I don't notice the flaws with any glitches or broken aspects from the base game to be fixed.

It also goes beyond just a poor overhaul but certain things simply being broken now, such as PvP which is unbalanced, unfair and being taken advantage of in the worst of ways. Very little is done, even on the surface to warrant the price here and DS fix was a much better option for free on PC. Here on console this is simply a HD port with little done to fix bugs, revamp areas or rework some of the poor aspects of the game. There is many quality of life things that could have been added from DS3 that feel odd to have been left out at this price point.

If you can find a PC code for the original just buy that and download DS fix, modders done it better for free.

It pretty fun and some nice nostalgia until the longer you play and you realize just how little has been done, how bad some of the mid game to late game areas are compared to souls standards since BB/DS3 and just how ridiculously broken PVP is.

If Demon souls is up for a remaster which I'm sure it will be, then the devs need to get the message that they must do better, please don't reward this laziness.
  50. May 27, 2018
    Here is why users rate the game low... it costs them money (unlike critics who review less fairly when they are showered in free content), doesn't really honor previous players who paid for it once. Basically you can't trust reviewers for games because they will rate a game high if they are given money on top of free perks, and the dedicated players get screwed the hardest like they alwaysHere is why users rate the game low... it costs them money (unlike critics who review less fairly when they are showered in free content), doesn't really honor previous players who paid for it once. Basically you can't trust reviewers for games because they will rate a game high if they are given money on top of free perks, and the dedicated players get screwed the hardest like they always have this generation of games. The industry is screwed if we keep letting it run this way where the players of the games are the least important people. Expand
  51. May 29, 2018
    Very very bad Remaster, or shoul I say bad port. A real shame. Greedy editors and lazy devs don't deserve your money, not a single buck. This is the same old game whith the same old bugs, We waited 7 years for that, honestly ?
    The game looks bland and dull, the lighting and the ambient occlusion are very bad, overall it is worse than the original with the Dsfix mod .
    Check the comparison
    Check the comparison videos everywhere, it's obvious.
    In its current state, it's just a patched and downgraded version in order to reach the 60 fps (not always), so stay away from this digital s..t.
  52. May 25, 2018
    We made a non-working port 7 years ago. And now we gonna sell repaired version for $20
  53. May 25, 2018
    nada cambio, es el mismo juego con un parche de 2 días de trabajo al precio de un juego nuevo, no tiene sentido ni vale la pena
  54. May 31, 2018
    omg one of the hardest games ever I can see why people rage so much every time I go to my brothers
    room he will always shout get out so I recement to stay away from this game if you will rage but it is awesome so get the game
  55. May 27, 2018
    mismo juego , mismos bugs , pero ahora a 40 dolares , no lo valen , una compra mal echa , echa solo para sacar dinero a los borregos de la comunidad toxica de dark souls
  56. Jun 8, 2018
    Dark Souls = cheaters, cheaters = Dark Souls!
    1st week = 7 out of 10 cheaters,
    2st week = 8 out of 10 cheaters,
    3st week = 10 out of 10 cheaters,
    no playability, 100% disappointment.....
  57. Jun 17, 2018
    The game isn't flawless, but the games achievements outweigh the blemishes so much that they are but minor gripes. This is definitely the hardest Souls game and the best one, if you don't count Bloodborne. Almost all of the boss' are intense and memorable, every area is intricately designed and challenging, and combat is engaging and fun. One of my all time favorites now.
  58. Aug 19, 2018
    I always avoided starting the Dark Souls games because I heard that they were so hard and I get frustrated easily. When this remastered version came I out, I decided to give in and give it a try. The last six weeks I played through all three games, all of the DLC, every optional boss - everything. Then I started Bloodborne and was surprised how bad it was, but that is another story.

So

So give the game a try. It's not that hard, it's just not easy. Expect spending a few hours on the Internet, looking up the backstories of some of the character, or get some things explained that are not that clear. You will get one of the greatest gaming experiences of all time.
  59. Jun 23, 2018
    This game was an experience unlike anything I had seen before. Challenging, engaging, and EXTREMELY satisfying!
  60. Jan 12, 2019
    Время игры: 41 час
    Примечание: пройдена полностью, дополнение Artorias of the Abyss (кроме 2 боссов)
  61. Jun 7, 2018
    Hello? dark souls is the best game of all time which makes this a STRICTLY BETTER BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. if you expected it to be more than improved graphics, improved framerate, improved multiplayer components, then you don't even know what a "remaster" is and have no right judging it b/c it's obviously a masterpiece far above such an ignorant m*&^& as yourself.

what, you bought

what, you bought "dark souls remastered" and it feels like the original? REALLY? OMG, BETTER GIVE IT A 0, D*&^#@$. I love how it's most commonly given a low score b/c of its price, as if $20 for the remastered game and $20 more for the remastered DLC is just way too expensive. if $40 for so much excellent content is so much, maybe get a real job instead of playing videogames? you've got bigger problems than getting destroyed by AI in dark souls.

not being able to tell the difference between this and the original or thinking the original looks better, LOL, I wonder what these ppl think of remastered music. go to the record store and buy the latest remaster of dark side of the moon, no way you can tell the difference if you can't tell that this game looks way better now. oh wait, you couldn't afford it, you can't even afford $40 for the hundreds of hours worth of content that is this dark souls remaster.

6.1, yeah right, I'm clearly surrounded by re*&^%s. or maybe children are here reviewing this? this game is rated M, if you're not over 17 or your grammar is horrible or you can't spell for s&%^ then you don't belong rating this game, GTFO. b4 submitting a review it should ask IQ questions so that we know that it's only m(*&^s giving this game bad reviews. I'm going to do that actually, my site will be a metacritic clone but reviewers will have to solve logic puzzles after hitting the submit button, you'll be able to sort reviews by intelligence of the reviewer so you won't have to actually read badly worded dumb s*&^ b4 figuring out it's worthless and doesn't have the right to have the same weight as a real review.

FROM is the only developer I buy their games full price from, if you don't like their games you're just an i*&^% who probably prefers to play farming simulators to their masterpieces. have fun getting high while playing with your non-replayable, boring-a*& "movies" they're passing off as videogames these days and leave the real games like this to actual gamers.
  62. Jan 6, 2019
    Voy a permitirme analizar este título desde la persperctiva de un jugador que solo ha jugado el remaster y no la versión original por motivos obvios. Mi opinión de Dark Souls la daré en la propia versión del juego de PlayStation 3 que fue la primera que probé.

Como remaster, este título va justísimo. Más bien es un port con mayor resolución y fps a consolas de nueva generación. El resto del título es exactamente igual.

También contiene el DLC "Artorias of the Abyss", que previamente venía incluído en la edición Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition.

El juego es la misma obra maestra que fue lanzada hace 7 años, pero este remaster es cutre, no aporta nada nuevo, y básicamente te venden lo mismo que con la edición mencionada previamente pero otra vez. Es culpa tanto de FromSoftware por venderte lo mismo de nuevo a 40 euros que de los usuarios por permitir estas prácticas.

¿Recomendado? Sí, pero como "remaster" es muy muy flojo.
  63. Oct 14, 2020
    It stuns me how good this game is. It's indescribable. This game is so immeasurably perfect that I cannot possibly put it into words, and I can't even attempt to. This game is simply the best (Better than all the rest) and you're a fool to not get this game as soon as it goes on deal, and you're a moron to not play it once you have it.
  64. Oct 10, 2019
    Los fans tienen que aprender a no confiarse de Sony y sus payasadas de promesas. Desgraciadamente, todos somos PIPEROSSSS!!!!
  65. Sep 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  66. Nov 22, 2018
    Its funny going back to it after playing that, the two others and Bloodbourne. Keeping boss weapons, knowing where to grind souls etc makes such a difference. I loved the pain of it the first time, i completed it first time not actually having an internet connection. 60 times, count em for Ornstein and Smough. Completing the game was a real rush. This time around I got platinum and thatIts funny going back to it after playing that, the two others and Bloodbourne. Keeping boss weapons, knowing where to grind souls etc makes such a difference. I loved the pain of it the first time, i completed it first time not actually having an internet connection. 60 times, count em for Ornstein and Smough. Completing the game was a real rush. This time around I got platinum and that nearly killed me. Graphically not the spectacular jump forwards. but knowing the dragons tail trick, cheat, whatever and knowing to farm rats for humanity etc etc and grinding souls on the wolf made it a great second playthrough. Icekyng. Expand
  67. Aug 8, 2018
    My order of experiencing the Souls games was Bloodborne, DS3, and now this. Incredible. I can't believe how much quality game time I've gotten out of this. Can we get Demon's Souls remastered next?
  68. Sep 27, 2018
    I entered this remaster never played first game before, and already had platinum at Dark Souls 3. No matter that graphics was not really remastered much this game was awesome and challenging experience! really don't know which of 3 Dark Souls games is better. Pure 10!
  69. Dec 10, 2018
    I don't normally review a game twice. But in this case I have to as my experience this time around was allot more different than when I originally played the game when it came out on the 360.

About 2 years ago I got around to playing Bloodborne, which I was sceptical of as my first outing with Dark Souls had not been that stellar. I fell in love with it and it completely changed how I saw these types of games. So when the DS remaster was released, I decided to try it again with my new perspective. Boy, was I glad I did.

I loved Dark Souls this time around, and now I have a deeper respect for the series.

I can't say to much as I feel I did already cover allot in my initial review. But now I can say that with time and a fresh perspective, I understand the love/hate this game gets from the community.

But one thing I will say is now I notice the game is not as polished as I originally though it was. As a remaster it is stunning, but you can also see that it does feel a little sparse at times and the remaster artificial sheen is apparent.

Overall:
    A great game that I am glad to have given a second chance and finally was able to enjoy it as it was intended.
  70. Jun 27, 2020
    Dark souls is still a damn good game though not much has happened to improve the game through the remaster.
  71. Sep 29, 2019
    Finally I have beat it, the ultimate difficulty of the legend, Dark Souls 1. Before this, I had finished so many soullike, (ds2 ds3 bb nioh sekiro surge, even lof .... etc), so I am very experienced in this genre, yet unexpectedly, Dark Souls 1, while it is the oldest, the rumor of its ultimate difficulty still holds true. There are many times I was stunned with the sheer difficulties, andFinally I have beat it, the ultimate difficulty of the legend, Dark Souls 1. Before this, I had finished so many soullike, (ds2 ds3 bb nioh sekiro surge, even lof .... etc), so I am very experienced in this genre, yet unexpectedly, Dark Souls 1, while it is the oldest, the rumor of its ultimate difficulty still holds true. There are many times I was stunned with the sheer difficulties, and were wondering how could old-gen gamers could tolerate with this level of insanity ? even me who considered myself veteran still had hard time. However, harder does not mean better.

I like level design very much. Level design is creatively hard and also has varities. However, what I don't like is the hidden items and bonfires or shortcuts, most are too well hidden, fortunately you still can read the friendly sign on the floor, otherwise I could not find many of them by my own. Map is also very brilliantly crafted, many area are well connected to each others, nevertheless it also gave me confusing of where to go next. If I had never used guide online, I would never finished the game. Unlike other games that I can mostly find hidden shortcut/bonfire and where to go by my own, this game heavily need guide for first timer. Bosses are kinda lacking of movesets but it is understandable because this game was old. Bosses in DLC area are improved in this aspect, but Bosses in main game are not as challenging as those in modern games but still some of them has good gimmicks and the duo guys still gave me hard time. What I hate is the distance from bonfire to bosses in this game are quite long even with shortcuts and not all bonfire can be teleported (and you can't use teleport until midgame), which made the game become somewhat boring from running. Curse and Toxic punishment are much more severe than other games (to the point I was shocked for first time). Upgrade is much more complexed than other titles, which is fine but some blacksmiths are quite troublesome to go back and forth.

Graphic is fine, neat. 60 FPS. Online is ok, no problem. I still find pvp in this game charming.

Overall, I think 8/10 is a fair score for DS1. I quite like the level design but hate that I need to read guide to go through without missing anything important, such as bonfire ... etc. Backtracking in this game is real, you need to know where are you going next to lessen that (basically, need guide).
  72. Jun 19, 2020
    First time playing any From game, I never understood the appeal in it, I always liked the story in games and the gameplay came second but this game changed my perspective, it was amazing, I only played offline though, the way the levels were designed, no game could replicate that
  73. Oct 22, 2019
    At times janky and obtuse, Dark Souls is a masterwork in rewarding and challenging game design and games storytelling, set in a haunting, interconnected landscape. An experience you won't forget.
  74. Dec 1, 2019
    Incredible depth, satisfying combat, it is like walking through a digital art gallery. A truly fun, adult, satisfying adventure! An absolute must for any lover of the medium.
  75. Aug 15, 2020
    As someone who didn’t have a PS3 or a PC to run the original Dark Souls, it was a great chance to play DS in its original state at a smooth 60 FPS. For allowing me to finally experience the masterpiece on my PS4 with no bugs, I give it a 10 out of 10.
  76. Aug 1, 2020
    Es dark souls mejorado, eso ya dice mucho. Pero vamos al grano... Recomendable, tanto para aquellos que busque un reto, los que solo quieren divertirse o los que quieren un juego profundo. Dark souls puede ser abordado de muchas maneras, puedes jugarlo si te quieres poner metas y retos, te va a gustar si eres de los que no les importa la historia de un juego y lo único que les importa esEs dark souls mejorado, eso ya dice mucho. Pero vamos al grano... Recomendable, tanto para aquellos que busque un reto, los que solo quieren divertirse o los que quieren un juego profundo. Dark souls puede ser abordado de muchas maneras, puedes jugarlo si te quieres poner metas y retos, te va a gustar si eres de los que no les importa la historia de un juego y lo único que les importa es el Gameplay, y para los que les gusta un juego con una historia buena, dark souls la ofrece. La música es buena y al igual que la historia, te puede gustar si entiendes el juego o puede ser agradable aún si no sabes que está pasando y no entiendes porque suenan esas melodías, por qué si, en este juego hasta la música tiene un significado. La jugabilidad puede parecer tosca pero pronto entiendes que es parte de la experiencia, que no eres un protagonista todo poderoso, no, aquí eres solo un avatar sin nada especial aparentemente y si quieres avanzar tendrás que lidiar con todo tu entorno, dentro y fuera del juego. No puedo decir mucho, es complicado explicar un juego asi, solo juegalo y dale varias oportunidades, si logra engancharte un poco ya no lo soltaras Expand
  77. Jun 1, 2018
    Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls

...............................
  78. Sep 13, 2019
    just a masterpiece. the graphic is a little bit old looking, but the atmosphere is just outstanding.
  79. Dec 27, 2019
    I'm giving Dark Souls 1 a 9/10. It's a great game. The remaster on the other hand... is very disappointing. The "graphical enhancements" are a joke.
  80. Jan 21, 2019
    I completed DS on Xbox 360 without the DLC back in the day... so I was enjoyed to experience this masterpiece in 4k60p and finally play that Artorias DLC. Was really nice getting back into the game, though of course...the challenge was gone after four soulsborne games worth of experience :)
    Normally I would give this game itself a 10 but the remastered seems a bit lazy...so only a 9.
    Still best way to play it if you never played it.
  81. Sep 22, 2018
    What is there really to say about this game that hasn't been said already?

While this game is indeed amazing, and even better on subsequent playthroughs, there is also a lot of **** that seems to be overlooked by diehard fans. Gravelording is one of the most poorly balanced mechanics I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and it's just as bad all these years later. Frickity
    What is there really to say about this game that hasn't been said already?

Gravelording is one of the most poorly balanced mechanics I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, and it's just as bad all these years later. Frickity frack those Gravelord phantoms in TOTG.
  82. Jun 30, 2018
    The original Dark Souls is one of the greatest games ever made. The giantic universe that they were able to create, is for me a 10/10 easily, but considering that this one is a remaster, i was looking for some big improvment in this game after so many years and it definely happened, a lot of bugs got fixed, one great new element, is the fact that you now can choose how many items you wantThe original Dark Souls is one of the greatest games ever made. The giantic universe that they were able to create, is for me a 10/10 easily, but considering that this one is a remaster, i was looking for some big improvment in this game after so many years and it definely happened, a lot of bugs got fixed, one great new element, is the fact that you now can choose how many items you want to give for a covenant for example, no needed to be there minutes using one by one, neither to give or use items. They now put in the same element that is in dark souls 3 for online signs, using a password for you and your friend can find eachother much easier and faster. The graphics got bosted up, but for real, i though it would have been a little better at the end of the work, the scenario is mainly beautiful but there are some moments that is very noticeable the problems with textures, in some places there is still a lot of shaved graphics in trees and stuff. Even that this is just a remake, i really expected some new stuffs, some new items, new places, even bosses, didn't needed to remake the game but just put in some new stuff and don't sell pretty much the exact same game with some little better things. The Dlc comes in it already, wich they had obligatoriness to do. Some things had better improvment than others, like the magics spells are just gorgeous now, you can see that they put some effort in those. Now we can change the HUD aspects, sizes or even remove it for example. The Pvp stays lagged, the backstabs still the exact same, some people may dislike it, but keeps the same way as was on the original one. Expand
  83. Apr 23, 2019
    Gameplay : 9 (Nice combat mechanics)
    Bosses : 9 (Cool bosses)
    PvP : 8 (Trollest player base I ever met :))
  84. Jun 13, 2018
    Dark Souls is back and it is good to be back when the series wasn't just hard to be hard. I never beat Dark Souls before the remastered version, but I should have because I really did have a blast playing this. Now I personally have always played these games co-op because jolly cooperation is my jam. Yes call me a noob, and tell me to get gud. But if you have been weary about the SoulsDark Souls is back and it is good to be back when the series wasn't just hard to be hard. I never beat Dark Souls before the remastered version, but I should have because I really did have a blast playing this. Now I personally have always played these games co-op because jolly cooperation is my jam. Yes call me a noob, and tell me to get gud. But if you have been weary about the Souls series because its reputation get it with friends and conquer the blight together.
    Since this game isn't new I won't dive too deep into the gameplay because we all have an idea of how this game plays. I will say that I adore the boss designs and fights in this game. They seem fair, and have way less **** instakills than the later interations in the series. The co-op has added the password system so you can play with just friends and have a grand ole time fighting Gargoyles, and giant wolves together. The worst part of the game, and my personal hell is PVP invasions. For those who don't know it is basically someone invades your world and will either throw a ton of magic, try and only backstab or if they get hit run towards enemies trying to get me to follow... when I won't. I hate the PVP the best thing the souls series can do to fix it, is not have it be involuntary. If I think I'm good enough to fight others let me, but I suck and I know I suck so having some asshat kill me because I am human isn't going to make me better.
    The game doesn't exactly look amazing it is better looking than the PS3/360 version but that is only because it is on a more powerful machine.
    The games story is there, and I personally love the lore. Unlike traditional games it is sorta hidden to get the entire picture. I will say be careful what you do at the ending because you might not get the ending you want.
    Overall this is my second favorite in the Souls series. While I did play it all cooperative the game felt balance, and fair. It was challenging, but a good challenge that made sense. If you are new to Dark Souls start with this entry because it will be a great opening to the series that the later games just won't give you. I liked everything but the PVP which I know some people love, but I find it just a mess. It is at a discount price of $40 so I definitely say BUY it.
  85. Sep 16, 2020
    Dark Souls es uno de los mejores juegos de "TODOS LOS TIEMPOS". Cuenta con un gran combate estratégico en el cual tendremos que enfrentar enemigos difíciles. Desde el inicio hay que ir con cuidado para no morir aunque si morimos no hay problema este es un juego de probar nuevas maneras de afrontar el reto.

La ambientación y diseño de niveles es de lo mejor que se ha visto en los últimos años, el juego cuenta con muchas trampas en todo el mapa y esto hará que estemos muy alerta a lo que se avecina siempre. Hay gran cantidad de enemigos y todos son diferentes y agresivos pero tendremos una gran variedad de escudos para protegernos y armas que podremos mejorar bastante y de diferentes maneras para que las adecuemos según creamos que sea lo mejor para derrotar a tal enemigo. Adicionalmente obtendremos hechizos y piromancias que básicamente lo resumo en magia estos se obtienen de diferentes maneras los mas fáciles son de pago con almas dentro del juego pero serán los mas básicos, al final de cuentas esto hará los combates muy divertidos y variados.

Algo que hace especial a este juego es que desde que encontremos nuestro primer ítem nos revelara partes de la historia del juego como un gigantesco rompecabezas, ya que la misma se narra atreves de los NPC´s que nos encontremos en el camino las pocas cinematicas y los ítems así que aquí todo es importante.

En resumen tenemos un juego solido con grandes combates finales, gran historia y ambientación, divertido a mas no poder, y con componentes online que lo hacen mas original ya que podemos ayudar a jugadores que ni siquiera conocemos o podremos quedar de acuerdo con nuestros amigos o podremos estropearle la aventura a otros jugadores invadiéndolos y estropeando su avance, esto se escucha sencillo pero hay unos "PACTOS" que haremos dentro del juego con NPC´s que nos darán recompensas según lo que decidamos hacer o ayudar o eliminar a la persona online.

NOTA: No esperes mas y juega a esta obra de arte!!!
  86. Jun 5, 2018
    From a guy who played it on Ps4 coming from ds3:This is the ideal way to experience dark souls in 2018,better frame rate,textures,aesthetics,BETTER MULTIPLAYER,and overrall a better game than the one released in the past,but beware this is the same exact game in regards to gameplay and areas etc.. than the one for old consoles,In my opinion this game is easier than ds3,most bosses can beFrom a guy who played it on Ps4 coming from ds3:This is the ideal way to experience dark souls in 2018,better frame rate,textures,aesthetics,BETTER MULTIPLAYER,and overrall a better game than the one released in the past,but beware this is the same exact game in regards to gameplay and areas etc.. than the one for old consoles,In my opinion this game is easier than ds3,most bosses can be killed easily with heavy weapons,the enemies dont pose a great threat,Except the wheel skeletons F THEM,and the estus system is better than ds3's.Dark souls is a legendary franchise which started a new genre of games,the added DLC is a plus but i wish the game tells the player how to access the DLC.The best entry point for newcomers is Dark Souls 3. Expand
  87. Jun 7, 2018
    I've played every soulsborne game. Dark Souls is the original and arguably the best. Though it does absolutely nothing as a remaster. The game itself is incredible, and does not show mechanical age so much as graphical and design aging.
  88. Jun 7, 2018
    Dark Souls Remastered is a great introduction to Dark Souls but it still isn't as good as the original
  89. Jun 11, 2018
    I am playing the first Dark Souls from Bloodborne and Dark Souls III and I really love it, it¨s way better than I expected, the graphics are OK in comparison to days produced today, but it has the best level design I've seen to day. i was afraid of Blighttown after everything I've heard, but Sen's Fortress was even worse (with difficulty). The game runs smooth and maintains 60 FPS almostI am playing the first Dark Souls from Bloodborne and Dark Souls III and I really love it, it¨s way better than I expected, the graphics are OK in comparison to days produced today, but it has the best level design I've seen to day. i was afraid of Blighttown after everything I've heard, but Sen's Fortress was even worse (with difficulty). The game runs smooth and maintains 60 FPS almost all the time. I recommend it to everyone who is a fan of Souls games. Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2018
    Perhaps if I played this when it first came out my review would have been different, but in 2018, and off the heels of Bloodborne and DS3, the bar has been raised, and this sadly misses it. Truly, God of War is the better alternative this gaming season for those looking for a souls fix.

Frankly, while it is still a very solid gameplay experience, it doesn't hold up as well against the recent installations in the series.

The first "Souls" game I played was Bloodborne (my favorite still, and my favorite game ever made). DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne were all quite difficult at times, and while there were a few throwaway bosses, most bosses in these games represented quite a challenge, with a few requiring 20+ attempts.

The main flaw with this game is that its' bosses were too easy. I one shot almost every boss, and I don't think any took me more than 3 attempts. The levels were far more challenging than the bosses, and mostly in frustrating ways.

The interconnectedness of the world and various environment was exactly what I was expecting and it did not disappoint in this regard. The various equipment was likewise fun to play around with, but the game avoids 10/10 or even 9/10 status nonetheless due to its' flawed difficulty in modern context.
  91. Nov 12, 2018
    Hell yeah! Action games at it's finest.
    You want to be always in check? you want to feel the adrenaline? It's your pick. I highly recommend that
  92. Nov 14, 2018
    While the graphics and changes weren't as great as many were hoping, I am happy about the improvements they did make. The move to dedicated servers for multiplayer and the improved framerates in areas that needed it like Blighttown are both great changes. I was late to the PS3 and PC releases of this game so it was awesome to play with an active community. I had never even seen aWhile the graphics and changes weren't as great as many were hoping, I am happy about the improvements they did make. The move to dedicated servers for multiplayer and the improved framerates in areas that needed it like Blighttown are both great changes. I was late to the PS3 and PC releases of this game so it was awesome to play with an active community. I had never even seen a Gravelord's phantoms before this Remaster.
    It's a beautiful and challenging game that I am glad has been released on next-gen consoles to enjoy.
  93. Oct 10, 2020
    Really enjoying my first play through. I would say its a must for any Souls fan.
  94. Nov 8, 2020
    It’s too hard :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
  95. Jan 15, 2019
    Não tem quase nenhuma diferença da versão original,resumindo foi relançado a um preço abusivo no Brasil.O original sim eu daria 94,mas um remaster sem atrativos não.
  96. Aug 6, 2020
    Only way to plasy Ds1 on Ps4
    Still one of the best games of generation.
    Some changes to how multiplayer works and some graphical changes (nothign special) calling remastered only because
  97. Mar 29, 2019
    Worth every penny. Would go through it without ever getting bored. Challenging? Yes. But definitely a must-play experience
  98. Apr 9, 2019
    I didn't play it on consoles from previous generation, Dark Souls on PS4 was my first contact with this franchise and I'm really impressed. Very fresh and challenging gameplay, great lore and setting. I'm not some hardcore gamer, but I managed to finish it (after lots of hours) and it was a great feeling. I really recommend it. So, now it's time to try Dark Souls II... or maybe Sekiro?
  99. Sep 25, 2019
    Remaster of one of the best games of history! Don forget that this was the game who changed many things in gaming world and again make developers to bring challenge and joy to their games when the gaming industry goes in wrong way of become easy and playable even if you are 5 years old kid! Thank you miyazaki. Thank you from software team
  100. Sep 28, 2020
    From software isn’t a game developers, they are a company dedicated to trolling a fan base that wants to be cheated out of progress at every turn. I love a good challenge, but dark souls is a hack.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 53 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Dec 31, 2018
    Rather than a remaster, it's a port. It will entertain mainly rock fans who want to have a complete collection on a new console or complete Souls novices. [Issue#287]
  2. Sep 26, 2018
    Dark Souls Remastered doesn't make any dramatic changes to its original release several years ago. The struggle to progress is constant, but just as every moment could be another death, it could also be a moment of great triumph and self-accomplishment. Playing at 60fps makes me wonder how I ever managed to play at half of that rate several years ago. It's a beautiful remaster, even if it isn't a complete overhaul. It's a great entry for newcomers or a great walk down memory lane for fans of its original release.
  3. Aug 26, 2018
    Dark Souls Remastered has aged well, despite the progress of its successors. Newcomers might fight it abrasive, but it is still worth a pickup for old fans and new alike. Here’s to a release of Demon’s Souls Remastered.