6.0

1. Sep 7, 2015
    Infinity 3.0 improves upon the formula of Disney Infinity in nearly every way. The Toy Box is much more robust, the two Star Wars and one Inside Out playsets are far better designed than the 2.0 playsets which didn't feel worth the price, and the amount of design and customization is better than ever.

I get the feeling that most of the poor reviews are here simply due to the cost and, to be fair, they have a legitimate complaint. I have no intention of buying ALL the Star Wars figures or Power Disks but, so far, I've spent far too much on the Saga bundle, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Sabine Wren, and pre-ordering Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Han Solo. $202.94, to be exact, on all of it. I can COMPLETELY understand the complaints about cost, especially given that Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 playsets aren't forward compatible.

But the cost complaint doesn't make the game a zero, nor does it make the game any less enjoyable. Infinity 3.0 reminds me oh so much of the old LEGO series before Traveler's Tales oversaturated the market with them. If that sounds like your cup of tea, you won't be disappointed. My only advice is - if you're not buying for kids - stick to one specific subset of figures (in my case, Star Wars) or you'll quickly find your money going away. And don't bother with the power disks unless you ABSOLUTELY feel compelled to throw away $10 per set.

I do strongly recommend the Toy Box Speedway when it comes out in October, especially if the quality is the same as the Toy Box Takeover (also available in October but given as a preorder bonus).
  2. Oct 25, 2015
    Although very glitchy, this game is very fun. Plus collecting all the new Star Wars toys is awesome! LOL. it is great if you have kids or just a big kid like myself!
  3. Oct 18, 2015
    this is my first infinity game. the game and playsets and the two expansion games are a lot of fun and excellently well done in both graphics and game play. overall I think it a great game for all ages for the most part. only reasons I gave it and 8. is the sand box part which is a great idea for replay ability part of the game. but fails are there are no documentation on the disc or theirthis is my first infinity game. the game and playsets and the two expansion games are a lot of fun and excellently well done in both graphics and game play. overall I think it a great game for all ages for the most part. only reasons I gave it and 8. is the sand box part which is a great idea for replay ability part of the game. but fails are there are no documentation on the disc or their website explaining in detail how to use the creative or logic toys to create levels or games. and the in game tutorials are rather vague it'll take an adult hours of experimenting to figure everything out which means for a child that want to jump and quickly create a game it'll be down right frustrating. and not a good way to introduce them to a sand box game Expand
  4. Sep 2, 2015
    When I was younger, I had always wished that my toys came to life. It was a fun imagination and it felt like the coolest thing that could happen when you have the Hulk battling alongside you or Han Solo taking you through a trip in the Millennium Falcon. Fast forward to 2015, not only can I combine those 2 worlds together in Disney Infinity 3.0, I made sure Mickey and his Disney friendsWhen I was younger, I had always wished that my toys came to life. It was a fun imagination and it felt like the coolest thing that could happen when you have the Hulk battling alongside you or Han Solo taking you through a trip in the Millennium Falcon. Fast forward to 2015, not only can I combine those 2 worlds together in Disney Infinity 3.0, I made sure Mickey and his Disney friends were a part of it as well.

Greeted with a very simple “lets throw you into the action” montage of the play sets and expansions coming to Disney Infinity 3.0, the game was kind enough to show you the lightsabre action, the Millennium Falcon chase, the Inside Out platforming, and the Kart racing as it invites you to create your own magical Disney world.

Disney Infinity 3.0 still reigns on top when it comes to building your own Disney world. In 3.0, it’s made simpler with the Toy Box Hub. The Toy Box Hub serves as a basic introduction for all 6 available gameplay modes that you can utilise in the Toy Box. Interested in designing your own Disney house? The Hub awaits you. Feel like understanding more of the Race mechanics? The toy box hub has got your back. The gameplay zones (which includes Farming) are easy to explore and lets you figure out how to outfit your Toy Box World further.

The Toy Box Hub also makes it easier this time for children to create worlds based on gameplay mechanics available rather than just giving them an empty canvas. This time around, unlocking toys for the toy box is faster too thanks to the colored toy dispenser. Though the unlocks are random and you can still do it traditionally by purchasing them, it’s still a nicer short cut if you did not expect to get a huge Hockey Puck in the game. Children can also hop along into the creation a lot easier now, and create simpler levels that can now incorporate specific gameplay modes.

Noteworthy additions to the Toy Box include the Sidekicks mode where you can create a sidekick to travel alongside you in Toy Box Worlds. And to justify the farming aspects that Disney has decided to implement in the game. Sidekicks can equip various equipment and weapons provided they are built with the right stats in mind. Farming gives you food, which then can be fed to sidekicks to level up and do other crazy things. Want them to do farming or take them on your own toy box adventure? It’s all possible. The Toy Box Hub also hosts the El Capitan theatre that now shows the Toy Box TV episodes and Flynn’s Arcade (of Tron) now allows you to jump into another community user’s Toy Box world immediately.

For those new to Disney Infinity, the 3.0 Starter Pack includes the Twilight of the Republic Play Set and Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Figurines. The Play Set is based on the first 3 episodes of Star Wars, along with the Clone Wars saga. From my previous hands on, I truly did love the lightsabre action as both Anakin and Ahsoka, but everything else feels as if they could have scratched further. I was told that the game’s main story would take me between 4 to 5 hours. I finished it in 2.5. And while there are side missions that are supposed to keep you engaged with the game further, I see no reason continuing because it’s all a bunch of fetch quests and mini fights. What happened to logic puzzles? Just basic ones would have done it to add a bit more value. Even for Pod Racing, it’s just one level. And the space fights (though I didn’t really favour them), are just done twice in the play set. However, if you’re satisfied enough with the lightsabre action, or just have been frustrated with the previous play sets combat mode, consider giving your well wishes to Ninja Theory with their reworked and slightly challenging combat engine.

Another disappointing part is how the Toy Box Speedway and Toy Box Takeover modes are sold as expansions for the game. While in the Toy Box Hub there are tracks to race on, those are just ideas to inspire you to make your own tracks (like the crazy Gravity Falls track). If you’re looking to play kart racing with your family, the expansions are probably the only way. It would have been nice to just have a level or 2 as an appetiser though.

While the Play Set didn’t last as long as I wanted it to, the main attraction of Disney Infinity will always be the Toy Box itself. And with the latest additions and the further simplified parts of creating your own world, I can only hope that Disney invests a little more time in the Playsets further. This is Disney’s best attempt in getting everyone into the living room to create a wonderful world that everyone, young and old can definitely enjoy.

And besides, I’d pay to see Darth Vader go toe to toe with Captain America. Who wouldn’t?
  5. Sep 5, 2015
    Disney infinity 2,0 was very bad and I'm sure most of you know about it, but I'm happy to say, this game more than makes up for it! To start with the campaign is honestly pretty good and it perfectly displays the feeling of adventure and wonder you could get in the films (Twilight of the republic).

Toy Box mode also feels new with more content and items then ever before. Some times all the toys and blocks they give you feels over whelming at times when you unlock most of it. The flying and driving feels good but has lots of flaws that you need to get used to. When flying your car or plane will flip if you move the move the left joystick too fast and this becomes a huge problem when playing. The combat also feels great if you are the kind of person that likes the tap Triangle to attack over and over again until the enemy is defeated.

The game has it's flaws though with the hard to learn driving and flying controls feeling very hard at first and the fact that you are behind a pay-wall when playing because you have to pay money to unlock more characters (even if you don't HAVE to and it does not feel like you have to most of the time). There are also a lot of bugs in the game right now that i think will hopefully get ironed out overtime. The Toy Box though very big and has LOTS of things you can do with it, it feels like you can't do things that you really want to do because of the "barriers" over everything you place!

Overall, this game is a very fun game (especially with friends) with excellent combat and really makes you feel like you are a Jedi, but the bugs and controls set this game back. That's why i give Disney Infinity 3.0, an 8 out of 10!
  6. Sep 4, 2015
    Yes, there's a barrier to entry with the figures but the figures are of amazing quality and the game itself gets so many things right. They've really nailed the magic of all these Disney properties and have inadvertently made one of the best Star Wars games in a long time. Great lightsaber combat combined with some wonderfully nostalgic Star Wars worlds. Since Battlefront isn't for me,Yes, there's a barrier to entry with the figures but the figures are of amazing quality and the game itself gets so many things right. They've really nailed the magic of all these Disney properties and have inadvertently made one of the best Star Wars games in a long time. Great lightsaber combat combined with some wonderfully nostalgic Star Wars worlds. Since Battlefront isn't for me, this is the best Star Wars game of the year.

It also provides a full suite of great tools to build and share all kinds of fun games and ideas. Really a great package.
  7. Sep 1, 2015
    An improvement over its predecessors in nearly every way. While younger family members always had fun exploring the Toybox with all of their favorite Disney and Marvel characters, this one's Playsets actually feel like a true game, with stories worth experiencing. Highly recommended to any fan of Infinity or Star Wars.
  8. Sep 16, 2015
    If you know what your getting yourself into with the Figures to play setup of this game, much like Skylanders or the soon to be released Lego Dimensions, it is a wonderful game. This is not a "hardcore" gamers game although, they too could find some fun with it. This is a family game at it's core. It is easily accessible to the younger crowd and very forgiving in it's method of game play.If you know what your getting yourself into with the Figures to play setup of this game, much like Skylanders or the soon to be released Lego Dimensions, it is a wonderful game. This is not a "hardcore" gamers game although, they too could find some fun with it. This is a family game at it's core. It is easily accessible to the younger crowd and very forgiving in it's method of game play.
    The best thing about this version is that the playsets actually have a feel of polish to them and a level design that gets you out their and exploring the worlds instead of just pushing threw big empty boring cities (looking at you 2.0)
    The fighting has been improved dramatically, and I find myself with my Son putting the game on Hard to give us a little challenge, as on normal it's a cake walk. Extreme is a bit too hard for my 6 year old, but if I find myself playing alone, the level I set it on. The only wish list item I have is that they would go back and revamp the original 1.0 characters to have the design in regards to the leveling system that the new characters have (Super moves, blocks, block breakers, super jumps, etc....)
    The Toy box is VASTLY improved this time around, with downloadable and fun levels in the "Disney sanctioned" section right at launch. And the free pre order bonus ($20 now) of the toybox take over is addicting and fun way to get your characters from all IP's together to play in a well designed level. Wish it was longer, I'd pay for a fully flushed out game with that design tbh.
    Over all a great family game, with a moderately high cost to get started, and very high cost for those with collectors OCD, but the figures are beautiful and if you like Marvel, Disney, or Star Wars stand on their own as great little shelf pieces if nothing else.
    So far fun fun fun, and that is all you can really ask of a game that is marketing itself as a fun family Disney game.
  9. Aug 31, 2015
    Define... game. A form of entertainment, created to make money for the creator. This game is no different, but that's okay, but you can be sure to have a lot of fun with just the starter pack. A great Star Wars-themed story line, with an improved Toy Box creation mode - my only complain being the lack of characters you'll be able to play as without anything but the starter pack, but I canDefine... game. A form of entertainment, created to make money for the creator. This game is no different, but that's okay, but you can be sure to have a lot of fun with just the starter pack. A great Star Wars-themed story line, with an improved Toy Box creation mode - my only complain being the lack of characters you'll be able to play as without anything but the starter pack, but I can look over that. After all, how many games let's you play as even more than one character? A very excellent game, which is easily enjoyable without purchasing all these extra figurines. Expand
  10. Aug 31, 2015
    Short: This game does stuff that a bunch of other games have done better but charges you so much more

Long: I don't know how people can justify this as a good game. Giving this game a 10 out of 10 is basically saying that this game is a good as Skyrim or Grand Theft Auto 5. That is terrible. I love some of the things people say "You can enjoy this game without buying the characters" You shouldn't have to buy any characters!! "In how many games can you play as multiple characters anyway?" Really? Have you played any games that have ever come out besides this? "Define...game. A form of entertainment created to make money for the creator" Um, No. Game: a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. There are so many better games based around Star was and marvel that this game is pointless! It's like playing a free to play game and paying money for everything or buying a full price game and getting everything. This is Disney trying to exploit people's love for Disney and marvel and star wars, and it appears to be working somehow. Get any one of the lego games and you will have more fun
  11. Oct 11, 2016
    Why I need to pay for all that stuff that I DON'T need neither want to!? D: They ruin their own product...I bought the game, THEN I realise that I'm must buy figures and a device, in order to be able to play...that is ridiculous.
  12. Nov 2, 2015
    poor game quality that I didn't see from a long time....
    If only the Disney Infinity game had been crafted with half as much care, love, and attention as the Disney Infinity sculptures...
  13. Sep 18, 2015
    Objectively I would score it a 7 or 8... as a 40yr old guy. However I'm rating a 9 because my kids absolutely love it. The sheer amount of stupid fun to be had in the toybox has rocketed in 3.0 and while I naively thought the story mode was the focus, its now I see my son and his friends laughing their heads off trying things out in the Toy Box that I 'get it'. Long story short... itsObjectively I would score it a 7 or 8... as a 40yr old guy. However I'm rating a 9 because my kids absolutely love it. The sheer amount of stupid fun to be had in the toybox has rocketed in 3.0 and while I naively thought the story mode was the focus, its now I see my son and his friends laughing their heads off trying things out in the Toy Box that I 'get it'. Long story short... its finally displaced Minecraft for my 6yr old. Nuff said!

The characters are expensive, yes, but when I consider the amount of money I put into my Transformers and He-Man as a kid, there really isn't much difference. Old fogies like me probably ought to look ahead to Battlefront but for kids this game is great.
  14. Sep 9, 2015
    This is the first Disney Infinity title I have played, and I am certainly glad I started at 3.0. Most characters in the Disney Infinity lineup, other than the Star Wars ones, do not interest me. There are a few here and there from the classic Disney films and the Marvel collection, but for the most part I am only interested in the Star Wars aspects of Disney Infinity. The Disney InfinityThis is the first Disney Infinity title I have played, and I am certainly glad I started at 3.0. Most characters in the Disney Infinity lineup, other than the Star Wars ones, do not interest me. There are a few here and there from the classic Disney films and the Marvel collection, but for the most part I am only interested in the Star Wars aspects of Disney Infinity. The Disney Infinity playset Twilight of the Republic is the playset that comes with the purchase of the starter pack. For those who have not played a past Infinity game, playsets are basically campaign or story modes. This playset sort of feels like an extension of the Clone Wars TV series, and to some degree even looks similar to the clone wars. It feels as if a short clone wars story was taken and stretched into 6 or 7 hours of gameplay. Twilight of the Republic main story is just enough to show the player why he or she is going to the various locations throughout the game.These locations are Coruscant, Tatooine, Geonosis, and Naboo. While the game is open-world, the locations at each of these planets is fairly limited and there is not a whole lot of variety in location on each individual planet. Naboo especially was a disappointment, and felt like a lost opportunity to create a very interesting environment to explore. There are also many side quests on each planet. Some of these quests are fairly enjoyable and give a nice change of pace from the rest of the game, but many are just fetch quests that were not really worth putting in the game. The two characters that come with Twilight of the Republic are Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker. The lightsaber combat in the game feels fairly well designed and complex enough to entertain older audiences. This is probably because of the assistance Avalanche Studios received from Ninja Theory. Less experienced players can go through the game just pressing triangle and not partaking in any of the combos, but more experienced players can continue learning and mastering all of the combos to become the most efficient they can at the game. The characters themselves feel different enough that you may want to switch between them every once in a while to put in some variety, but still both feel fairly similar. Anakin has some slightly more aggressive moves while Ahsoka has some better ranged moves. All the other Star Wars characters can also be used in the Twilight of the Republic if you purchase them and find their coin. Another part of the playset is the space battles. These space battles are not very long, and you do not have to participate in more than a couple. They change the action up a bit, but definitely are not something the player is going to want to do very much. Now let's move on to the toybox. The toybox is Disney Infinity's signature mode. Toybox mode allows players to create levels using the tools in Disney Infinity. Avalanche Studios has been improving, expanding, and polishing the toybox since 1.0.This can easily be seen by the amount of tools at the player's disposal. When Disney says there are infinite possibilities in the toybox, they are not that far from being right. Now the actual building in Infinity is not all that accesible for a game made for younger audiences. The player is forced to try to build, rather than learn to build. After you figure out the buildiing mechanics, the possibilities are just about "infinite" Even if you don't want to build your own level, there are tons of games and places to explore in the toybox. You can even download other players' levels. While not all of these levels are going to be a polished and fun experience, many are still a worthwhile playthrough. Everything in the toybox can be accessed through the toybox hub. This hub shows all the different types of levels, and shows how to build and access these levels. The toybox allows you to move at your own pace and doesn't force you to really do much of anything before you can access something else. Whatever you want to do in the toybox is accessible from the moment you jump in the hub.Some of the game types playable in the game are platforming, racing, and farming. While farming is not in any way enjoyable to me, the platforming can be fairly enjoyable. Some platforming mixed with some combat can create a really great level. Racing on the other hand, is not so great. The racing is trying to be simplistic and fast like Mario Kart, but it does not succeed. Turning and drifting are difficult to control and many times you can go flying off the track. Racing was one of my most anticipated parts of Disney Infinity, but the racing turned out to be more irritating than fun most of the time. It should also be said that all 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 characters work in the toybox, but only specific characters work with each playset. Disney Infinity is trying to be an all-in-one game, but it does not fully succeed in all the areas it is trying to cover. Expand
  15. Feb 19, 2017
    This is my first franchise game, I fell in love, I and a friend of mine had a lot of fun, this game has quality, I am very disappointed because they will disconnect the servers, I will only take advantage of online for 1 month, but I will not stop playing , I loved this game!
  16. Sep 29, 2015
    The Infinity series has gone from strength to strength with this third entry in the series by far standing out as the best.

My son and I have worked our way through the Twilight of the Republic, Rise Against the Empire and the Inside Out playsets as well as the Toy Box Take Over and had a blast. Difficulty settings are beautifully balanced with the lower end being very accessible to

Difficulty settings are beautifully balanced with the lower end being very accessible to young players with the higher levels being nice and tough.

The involvement of Ninja Theory defintely shows with more enjoyable combat than previous entries in the series,

Toy Box Takeover felt a bit like a Diablo lite for kids which I was pleasantly surprised by.

The quality of the figures themselves is top notch.

Can't wait for the Speedway racing expansion to arrive in a couple of weeks.
  17. Feb 27, 2016
    This was my first disney infinity game and was just as expected. I only bought this because im a massive fan of star wars. I have purchased all three star wars play sets too. however, the play sets don't seem that long. The main story could be easily completed in about an hour and a half. Also, in the toy box, it takes ages just to get into an online game. Apart from that, its amazing!
  18. Dec 30, 2017
    As far as games go, this was a massive disappointment for me. The game was advertised as a free and open game, akin to Gmod or even Minecraft. Needless to say I am not a fan of buying every single character in the game for $15, and the characters are extremely disappointing as well. If you don't believe me, consider this, Ant Man can't even shrink. You can use another $15 to buy a map packAs far as games go, this was a massive disappointment for me. The game was advertised as a free and open game, akin to Gmod or even Minecraft. Needless to say I am not a fan of buying every single character in the game for $15, and the characters are extremely disappointing as well. If you don't believe me, consider this, Ant Man can't even shrink. You can use another $15 to buy a map pack thing, but those are extremely boring anyways, also, am I the only one who thinks this game was destined to be more than 2 player? This game has a fun concept, but is utterly squashed in the extraordinary feeling of closeness. There really isn't anything worth your time to do, so I suggest leaving this game to the kids Expand
  19. Feb 28, 2020
    Disney Infinity 3.0 improves on everything from the past games, bringing back elements and showing new improvements that are so amazing. First of all what we get, two Star Wars characters which is awesome. A play set with endless playtime, also with another adventure you can play in the toy box, it’s basically a tutorial but it feels like a playset which is very cool. This time around theDisney Infinity 3.0 improves on everything from the past games, bringing back elements and showing new improvements that are so amazing. First of all what we get, two Star Wars characters which is awesome. A play set with endless playtime, also with another adventure you can play in the toy box, it’s basically a tutorial but it feels like a playset which is very cool. This time around the toy box is a masterpiece, with endless possibilities and so many ways to play it’s this games biggest improvement. The online is also pretty much perfect and playing with friends is amazing,also awesome ways to play and download other toy boxes. I always remove one point to toys to life games because of how expensive they are but...Disney Infinity 3.0 is an amazing crossover of Disney marvel and Star Wars, it makes the game more exciting when all those franchises are represented perfectly but also this version of Disney Infinity comes with two amazing adventures two amazing characters and one charming masterpiece of a game. (A Masterpiece 5/5) You Must Play It! Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 53 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Jun 29, 2016
    Avalanche pulled out the big guns – the Star Wars license. Along with new characters and Play Sets came many additions and cool new features in the Toy Box mode. [06/2016, p.56]
  2. Dec 22, 2015
    The Force Awakens playset recreates the action and excitement of the new movie in a fun, cartoony way that will delight children as well as any Star Wars fan who's still in touch with their inner child.
  3. Nov 20, 2015
    Disney Infinity has come a long way since its first release, and while there's still room for improvement your kids will still have plenty of fun with the game.