7.9

1. Feb 6, 2020
    Runs gorgeous on the PS4. Great for small burst gaming sessions or a long sit down.
  2. Feb 10, 2020
    This game has soo much depth. It's really easy to pick up and play but there is sooo much in there. Runs really well on the PS4. Its great for playing with someone taking turns on runs. The game can get intense with enemies but it makes you feel pretty awesome when you hit the right targets. Just a really well polished game.
  3. Feb 5, 2020
    Super fun Rouge-Lite with lots of replay value. Definitely worth a pickup. It is now in my daily rotation of games along with Binding of Issac and Spelunky
  4. Feb 8, 2020
    EarthNight is a blast and I love playing! The power-ups are really helpful and the combos are a great idea! This game is tough but worth it!
  5. Feb 8, 2020
    I started playing on the Switch, but it looks even BETTER on PS4. This game is beautiful and I love the music. I would give it 11/10 if I could.
  6. Feb 10, 2020
    The entire idea of earth night is genius and the way it was executed to be in the style of a more retro game is absolutely amazing. All of the mechanics and gameplay are incredible and shouldn’t be underestimated by anyone.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 10, 2020
    EarthNight is a game that exists to be so immensely entertaining that you will look past any of its nearly insignificant issues. Strange collision detection or a bumpy level load are merely seeking complaints rather than valid problems that detract from a priceless value of fun. From the moment I got to play EarthNight all those years ago I kept my eye on it, frustrated that it was taking so long but hopeful that it meant more and more days of care were being put into it. I never expected a game this coherent, mesmerizing, and entertaining to come along. EarthNight is a serene, challenging, expertly-crafted achievement that should not be missed by any player.
    While being quite repetitive in longer sessions, there is something quite addictive about Earth Night. Your upgrades and character improvements mean you will descend further and further towards Earth and eventually quell the dragon invasion. The movement systems and level traversal, once you get used to them, are fun and give levels a ballet-like quality. If you fancy something a bit different and something beautiful then I can definitely recommend Earth Night. It has a lot going for it.
    I’m hopelessly addicted to the dragon apocalypse. I willingly fling myself out of a ship onto the backs of dragons again and again. Sometimes the random nature of EarthNight can create runs that feel nigh impossible, but those are balanced out by the times when I do really well. There’s a certain momentum to removing the ability to go backward, creating zen in the utter chaos. EarthNight is the perfect blend of its elements—incredible visuals, a driving soundtrack, and fast-paced gameplay that is rewarding to learn. Slay just one dragon, and you can’t help but want to slay them all.