5.9

1. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is just below an 7 really. But, hopefully that's only momentarily.

Another game that finally takes advantage of the Aim Controller and it does it in pretty good fashion. The game uses the Unreal Engine and truth be told, it is definitely has some of the best graphics of the VR to date. Most specifically, the weapons and the enemies. People who were calling it another
    This game is just below an 7 really. But, hopefully that's only momentarily.

People who were calling it another Farpoint prior to release weren't correct, but they weren't wrong either. The gun play is....a bit stiff. I felt like in Farpoint it was a bit more loose and aiming was a bit easier. However, I will give Evasion the benefit of the doubt in terms of gun mechanics because there is more to it than simply shotgun, pistol, rifle. The guns have charging and tethering mechanisms.

The tether addition is honestly pretty brilliant and allows you to pick how you wish to attack your enemies and retrieve power ups, not to mention all the other things it does as well such as finish off enemies, heal, and revive fallen allies.

Rather than simply have a shooter, the game comes equipped with 4 different classes allowing you various ways to go about, however, in the grand scheme of things, they pretty much all operate the same way. All their weapons are different, but similar in structure and action.

Oh and for any Portal fans out there, the AI companion in this game is bitterly sarcastic and cold much like GLaDOs, in a pretty funny way though (at least in the tutorial).

The real reason I have this game docked a bit low is 1. A short campaign - yes I get this a constant with other VR games as well, however, the VR is now 2 years old. Longer campaigns shouldn't be so hard anymore. 2. Barebones game-play - everything is a bit too straight forward and ones outside of the campaign, there isn't too much to do besides horde mode.

If you are going to play this game, make sure you try to find a buddy because that's where this game really takes off.

I may write another review in the future. Hopefully once some more people start playing and there may be an increase in player count. But for now, I'll give it a 7 since I can't give it a 7.5.
  2. Nov 22, 2018
    A little disappointing.

I did not have a chance to play this co-op, which may change the game experience. Pros: Nice textures, pretty surroundings Able to play with aim controller Didn't make me feel sick, even with safeties removed Interesting tether mechanic Weapon usage felt good Cons: No character or weapon development Only four weapons, each locked to a class only
    A little disappointing.

Pros:
    Nice textures, pretty surroundings
    Able to play with aim controller
    Didn't make me feel sick, even with safeties removed
    Interesting tether mechanic
    Weapon usage felt good

Cons:
    No character or weapon development
    Only four weapons, each locked to a class only selectable at the beginning of level
    Nearly non-existent plot
    Repetitive, linear missions
    Boring voice acting
    Poor AI
    Dull, clunky enemies
    Limited controls (most buttons do nothing, no jump, no reload)

This just felt like a demo of vr you would find in an arcade. It's not the serious game I'd hoped it would be. I would recommend not buying it unless it were on a decent discount. It's the first vr game I've deleted from my ps4, but I've already got Farpoint, which i feel is a bit better, so away it went.

1. Oct 29, 2018
    Evasion is a decent FPS for the PSVR, but it needed just a bit more variety to make it fun and engaging. The initial structure of the gameplay is spot-on, but the enemies and level design are just a bit too stale.
  2. Oct 11, 2018
    First-person shooting and VR seem to go hand-in-hand. Thankfully, the arcade style of Evasion as well as its solid execution and unique gameplay mechanics make it one of the most enjoyable games that fit this description.
    Evasion is another example of a fast-paced VR game that doesn’t seem like it could work in theory, but has been executed with a care and precision befitting of a developer that has a lot of expertise in the VR field.